PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Bangalore - This is a must read

reliable1
10th February 2005, 12:16 AM
Hi Friends,

I thought I should share this piece of information with the forum. I had moved to Bangalore from the US sometime back. I did a lot of research trying to find some useful info on the city, but no luck!

And then I stumbled upon this ebook called Know Bangalore available on the website www.knowbangalore.com. Thanks to the book, I finally had a smooth transition into the garden city. I recommend this book for anyone planning to move to Bangalore and also for those already settled here but having a tough time with reliable info.

Cheers.

10th February 2005, 10:30 AM
Admin, there is nothing on this site but an option to e-purchase the book. Most likely, the author of the book is the one who started this thread. In other words, this is a canvassing/advertising thread.

:twisted: :twisted:

blahblah
10th February 2005, 10:50 AM
If this is really an ad thread it should be moved to the classifieds.Otherwise you have a lot of options to know about Banagalore.There are a lot of freely distributed shopping guides that you can pick up from any major hotel or shopping centres or stores.Salaam Bangalore,Bangalore Shoppers Digest,Bangalore City Info are some of them.There are other magz which are sold like Ad-mag and free ads too.They all offer relevant and useful city information. :)

Surya
10th February 2005, 12:01 PM
Well, it seems like a recommendation more than an ad. If so, u could have posted it in the "Fav books that u've ever read" thread. :)

Regards. 8)

10th February 2005, 12:45 PM
this is an ad thread and needs to be deleted at the earliest as per hub rules. But you guys have so rapidly built a flyover on this thread and already diverted a couple of lorries into it - much much faster than Dharam Singh! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

blahblah
10th February 2005, 12:58 PM
Hi guys,this nameless fellow appears to be a better judge.I checked out the thing and this guy reliable1 does not seem to be so reliable.He is indeed trying to sell a useless book to us at ten dollars when there are many that you get free.So lets stop it here.

hehehewalrus
10th February 2005, 01:18 PM
Ten dollars???? that too for an ebook?? In ebay you can get real books starting at $0.01, what to say about ebooks.

First see www.koramangala.com misses any info you need. then think of an alternative

Sandeep
10th February 2005, 01:21 PM
So lets stop it here.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

RR
10th February 2005, 01:33 PM
Sandeep, don't be. I've split the subthread you started into a new topic. :thumbsup: