PDA

View Full Version : Jassie Gift's Shambu

slperson1
15th February 2005, 04:40 AM
Movie: Shambu
Music: Jassie Gift (4 Students Fame)
Stars: Vijaya Kumar, Geetha

1) Booma Bomma (5/5) - George Peter, Jassie Gift

this song starts off differently with cars honking and other horns and such engine noises etc.then u get sum indian instruments commin in and its to the normal "jassie gift style." At first i thought it woudl be the same as 4 students but its an interesting song.Mix of Reggae and Indian music.Makes for an interesting song. THe chants of "Bomma Bomma" will be stuck in ur head by the end of the song.

2) Odum Kuthirakkutti (3/5) - Sreekumar M G

one wonders if this is Jassie Gift doing the music for this song.Because it sounds NOTHING like all the other songs he gives with the reggae touch at the beginning. This is 100% folkish song.nothing great abt the song because i am not a fan of folky folky old songs.However as for an old school folksy song its aite.sounds same as all the others except for when there is a chorus or drums set jumping in.

3) Pallakku - (3/5) Karthik, Manjari Babu

Starts off with some hymms chants.Karthik sounds calm and soothing so is this new female singer (I've never heard of her) This also does not sound like previous Jassie Gift songs.However once again there is nothing super special about this song as we have heard songs like this upteen times.But it still is nice to listen to.

4) Ponnambiliye - (4/5) Jassie Gift

Starts off with Jassie Gift yearning for "Sagi" and you already know that this song is going to be filled with emotion.The bass is nice, but the MAJOR DOWNSIDE is JASSIE GIFT why the hell he chose to sing this otherwise AWESOME song blows my mind.He doesnt have the voice for this type of song.During the interludes it remidns me of classic ARR. Ive heard them before. Except for Gift's voice this song is very nice.

5) Sandhye - (3/5) Chitra K S, Yesudas K J

this song sounds similair to Pallakku.Old tamil songs 70-80's nothing new.Nice song but nothing refreshing.

6) Pallakku (3/5) -Karthik

repeat

Overall:
first song gets you thinking you are in for something new.But in the end this is just an average album.

you can find the songs at the link below:
http://www.tamilmp3world.com/

dinesh2002
17th February 2005, 09:14 PM
jassie gift said his Booma Boomba is inspired from Boom Boom - boys

slperson1
18th February 2005, 03:42 AM
i believe he said its his version of Boom Boom or sumthin like that.

dinesh2002
19th February 2005, 11:18 AM
yupp man...its his version of boom boom....he said that!