PDA

View Full Version : Public vote for Bharata Natyam dancers: see results and vote

bharata-natyam-dancer
15th February 2005, 08:15 AM
The dancers must know how common people view them.
:shock:

<font size="5">Bharata Natyam dancers ratings (http://www.webvoter.net/en/vote.cgi?id=59352)</font>

The most democratic vote! :D

You can send your local politician a message and explain that politics or money must not interfere with the sacred art of Bharata Natyam :evil:

hehehewalrus
15th February 2005, 08:57 AM
my vote for Alarmelvalli.

How come Mallika Sarabhai is not in the list? Thats a GLARING omission!! :roll:

Querida
16th February 2005, 02:43 AM
ahem...common people are we? :?
anywayz my vote is for Zakir Hussein

Akash
17th February 2005, 12:25 PM
an a message and explain that politics or money must not interfere with the sacred art of Bharata Natyam :evil:
WOW what a big list, but i dunno any one ....
B4 let me send a message to politicians.... Y this dance is not reaching to ley man like me?? :(

Querida
18th February 2005, 08:13 AM
WOW what a big list, but i dunno any one ....
B4 let me send a message to politicians.... Y this dance is not reaching to ley man like me?? :(

exactly Akash...maybe bharata-natyam should be seen as an art that can be appreciated than just those who participate in the art...im can assure you that preformances are appreciated by "common people" like me whenever i go...

Akash
18th February 2005, 04:38 PM
When i was in my primary school, even i attended Bharatha Nattiyam classes.... but after that it always stayed out of it!! People made it a image as if the audiance must be some sort of GNANA PALAM!!

But one dought, y you guys always pull Sri Krishna for all the dances?? Is there any reason behind that??

swathy
22nd February 2005, 09:28 AM
Sorry i dunno much abt bharata nayam dancers but in movies my vote is for

one and only KAMALHASAN - Male
Bhanupriya -Female

Querida
22nd February 2005, 10:58 AM
I agree 100% about Kamal...Salangai Oli is one of my most fav movies!

swathy
25th February 2005, 04:24 PM
Usually male dancers do heavy make up, no moustache . THey'll have feminine look but kamalji didnt do any nonsense like that

swathy
25th February 2005, 04:25 PM
sorry for the word nonsense. this may hurt others. again sorry

Querida
25th February 2005, 09:50 PM
why do you have to apologize if what you state is actually reasonable...i agree, i think that adds to his definition of a male bharathanatyam dancer..

NM
28th February 2005, 07:31 AM
I agree 100% about Kamal...Salangai Oli is one of my most fav movies!Q : mine too.. I simply just love watching him dancing in that movie....

And, Yes, Swathy, agreed on that make-up part....it looks nice on a female dancer but for males, guess they should follow kamal..