PDA

View Full Version : Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Oldposts
24th February 2005, 09:19 AM
For discussions on Nadigar Thilagam - biography, political history, movies, achievements, etc.

[html:c5b4a1ec59]
http://www.sangam.org/taraki/articles/2005/images/2002071900990601.jpg

http://www.sangam.org/taraki/articles/2005/images/sivaji_ganesan_000.jpg

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/fr/2003/07/18/images/2003071801370201.jpg[/html:c5b4a1ec59]

Oldposts
Old responses (http://forumhub.com/tfilms/6830.9285.11.32.43.html)

Oldposts
Chim and good tamil vocabulary can be hard to follow at time and can sound pretty boring when read, at firts time. But when Sivaji recties these, with his emotios and acting skills, he gives life to the scrpit line and make it interesting to watching.

Though even if Sivaji was not a good pupil academically, he is a very good tamil eacher to all of us.

Pity....he should have got an oscar. I hope someone nominates him if future, even if Sivaji doesn't live to see it.

I sent my condolences to his family , friends and his loved ones. It is of great misfourtune that I never had the chance to talk to him upclose. I thought of doing so the next trip to India, but then, I feel as if I have know him very long.

May his fame live on to future generation, whom should lear what kind of person he is.

Oldposts
Just reproducing an article

------------------------------------------
indya.com Cinemaa brought to you by

The timeless thespian

There is a lump in your throat as you watch him lying in state, cocooned by a transparent coffin. He looks like he is taking a nap between shots. There is the same calm on his visage that he had before the director shouted "action"!
V C Ganesan, rechristened Sivaji Ganesan by his ideological idol, Periyar, was the best actor I have had the pleasure of watching on celluloid. That is thanks to his biggest fan, Kamal Hassan.

I discovered Sivaji because I had the temerity to suggest that Sivaji overdid everything. Kamal suggested that I watch Sivaji's earlier films and then talk to him. I reluctantly did. "How do you define overacting?" thundered Kamal. "If there is a death in the family, several people react in various ways."

So I bought a VCR and borrowed scratchy prints of Sivaji starrers from a library whose owner was a diehard fan himself. Being a Kamal admirer, I had preconceived notions. It took some time and films like Utthama Puthran, Deiva Magan and Shabash Meena, not to mention the innumerable mythological and historical costume dramas for me to agree with his understudy. I also realised how many nuances Kamal had imbibed from the great actor. "If any South Indian actor denies he has not been influenced by Sivaji he's a damn liar," Kamal had said.

Shivaji was the most well equipped actor of his generation. Not in the contemporary sense, which would mean bulging biceps, learning karate and dance. There was a commitment that was reflected in his performances. He had an inexhaustible repertoire. He could play a bumbling village idiot with as much aplomb as an aristocrat or a king in a historical. "There was something about his performances that reminded me of Russian ballet," says Kamal.

Kamal was confounded by another aspect. "Actors of my generation have Sivaji and Brando to look upto for inspiration but I wonder who inspired this man." When Kamal asked Sivaji this question, the thespian did not have an answer.

Sivaji is quoted as saying that had he been in Hindi cinema, he would have won the National award. That is a bitter actor speaking, incredulous at the fact that none of his innumerable performances have fetched him National recognition. The fact is that if he had migrated, he would not have got the meaty roles befitting his talent. The National Awards lost its sanctity the day it was awarded to MGR. Anyway, Sivaji was always a better actor than a politician.

It was in the seventies that Sivaji's performances started deteriorating. Fighting a losing battle with obesity but still insisting on playing college student, Sivaji resorted to donning weird wigs and wearing multi-hued costumes. The subtlety was disappearing, replaced by unnecessary facial contortions. It took a director of Bharathiraja's calibre to bring back the actor's natural abilities in Muthal Maryadhai.

The thespian's last great performance was in his disciple, Kamal's Thevar Magan. Kamal did not direct the film, but wrote one of the finest screenplays ever. If you have watched the film, you will notice that till the great actor dies on screen, Kamal stays in the shadows. The few scenes where the two greats interact are a treat and a lesson in timing. The thespian did get a special mention from the jury deciding the National awards for his performance, but it was more like adding insult to injury.

Sivaji was considered a faultless actor because he was never at a loss of expression. He could play an emotional scene with as much ease as a comic one. His sense of timing and elucidation of the spoken word was a treat and he never had to shove his hands into his pocket not knowing what to do with them.

My only tryst with the actor was when Kokila Mohan introduced us on the sets of Garuda Sowkyama, a remake of Godfather. I was surprised when he mentioned that he had read my interview with Kamal in Frontline. Just as we were getting to know each other, Baby Shalini (now actor Ajith's wife) jumped on his lap tried to tickle him, but never found his ribs. The great actor was flabbergasted when he asked Shalini why she didn't smile and the kid, with a poker face asked, "Do you want a natural smile or a filmi one?" Sivaji raised his eyebrows, looked at me and nodded as if to say, "You better watch out for her."

The actor is dead with his wish to play Periyar unfulfilled, but his outstanding performances will have to be shown to aspiring actors in film institutes. His name will be used as a synonym for acting in the thesaurus of world cinema.

--S Shiva Kumar
sshivu@indya.com

Oldposts
hi........with God love all.

sivaji sir is still our living legend.he is an universal shined star.his dedication n profesional appearance n perfomance in film industries will alway been remembered n appreciated.he is such a great artist n no one else can be filled in his shoes.
he is a revolutionary man towards film industries.MAY GOD LOVE N BLESS HIM N ALL.

LOVE PEACE N HARMONY.

Oldposts
joe,

wonderful article on shivaji the legend.

ever shivaji fan,
shakthi

Oldposts
unnai marakka mudiyavillai..
happen to watch some scenes from karnan..what an acting?

Oldposts
difinitly he is the one born to act .. he is like navarathnam crown to tamil cinema industry... he has got beautyful color and eyes.. real simma kuralon.. a modest person.. everybody felt like loosing one of the person in their family... basically a good person too..

Oldposts
Thalai Nimirntha Thamizhargal!

Kumudam giving tribute to our Nadigar Thilagam
http://www.kumudam.com/kumudam/17-05-04/pg25.php

Oldposts
tommorow July 21,is 'Ninaivu thinam' of Nadigar Thilagam.

Nenjam marappathillai!

Sivaji fan,

Oldposts
Long live his memory!! I grew up watching him and I could tire of watching him even now. So much to learn from his movies but so little time!!

Inthe nenjum marakathu!!

Oldposts
Long live Sivaji's glory. He was truly the "actor of actors".

Oldposts
Sivaji's acting was nothing short of phenomenal. He set the standard of acting in Tamil cinema and is truly the patron of Tamil actors. Much adored by Indians and others all around the world, he is sadly missed by all who knew and admird him.

Long live the legend.

Oldposts
Three years gone without sivaji.But legends like sivaji will live for ever,as long as our culture and tradition exists in this world.

Remembering sivaji with thanks,for his contribution to Arts and culture of Tamil World.Surely,he is one who make us(Tamils) proud..

sivaji fan,
Joe

Oldposts
No words to describe his Talent.
http://www.dinamalar.com/2004july21/imp45.asp

Oldposts
Imayam
http://tamil.sify.com/amudhasurabi/august04/fullstory.php?id=13533626

Oldposts
October 1st -Nadigar Thilagam's Birthday.

Remembering the greatest legend of our time.

Oldposts
In rememberance of Nadigar Thilagam- long live the legend.

Oldposts
[tscii:c30d87b912]
Avan Oru Sarithiram
http://tamil.sify.com/movies/imagegallery_slideshow.php?gid=13580156&imgidx=1&gname=£Yô´+AYu+JÚ+N¬j§Wm&lid=2&gord=A&view=]

[/tscii:c30d87b912]

Oldposts
mAperum kalai poRkudam, nadigar thilagam Sivaji avargaL - inRu namidaiyE illai enumbOthu - oru yEkkam piRakkinRathu :(

avarudaiya iRuthi varai niRaivERAtha latchiyam, aasai - ellAm "ayyA thanthai periyAr"-Aka nadikka vENdum enbathuthAn.

antha mAperum latchiyamum niRaivERi irunthAl - kAlaththAL aziyAtha kAviyamAka irunthirukkum.

He was one of the greatest ever Icons of the thamizh people and thamizh ethnicity, and he would remain so, for a long time to come.

Oldposts
Sivaji Sir,

You are a legend. Very very hard to forget you. My eyes are filled with tears when I type this message.

May your soul rest in peace.

Oldposts
Thirumpi paarkuma thiraiyulagam?
http://www.dinamani.com/Cinema/CineItems.asp?ID=DNC20040930142148&Title=Cinema+%2D+News&lTitle=%F9Nn%A7Ls (http://www.dinamani.com/Cinema/CineItems.asp?ID=DNC20040930142148&Title=Cinema+%2D+News&lTitle=%F9Nn%A7Ls
)

Oldposts
Nenjirukkum varai un ninaivirukkum

http://archives.aaraamthinai.com/thendral/sivaji.asp
<a name="last"></a>

joe
24th February 2005, 09:37 AM
Thanks for reenabling Nadigar Thilagam's thread.

Shakthiprabha.
24th February 2005, 11:07 AM
oh there it is OUR SHIVAJI'S THREAD!

On the other day I saw

"Rajapart rangathurai"

Lil over acting, but over all good performance.

I really did not like shivaji dying in the last scene! The
story could have been better, if it had ended

"alls well that ends well"

:(

shivaji fan,
shakthiprabha

m_23_bayarea
25th February 2005, 03:13 AM
You're the best Sir. The other day I was watching your "Ooty Varai Uravu". You seemed to have shined in everything you did. And you also looked great in the "Poomaalaiyil" Song in that brown T-Shirt....No words to describe your career and contribution to Tamil Cinema Sir. They should have given you atleast 5 National Awards Sir....

vincent
7th March 2005, 05:16 PM
I REALLY CAN'T ACCEPT THAT SHIVAJI AYYAA IS DEAD.
I REALLY LOVE HIS ACTING. MY FAVORITE ACTOR FOREVER
PADIKAATHE METHAI IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE

vincent
7th March 2005, 05:17 PM
SHIVAJI AYYAA REALLY TAKE MY HEART ALONG WITH HIM

joe
7th April 2005, 03:05 PM
A tribute
http://www.anbudanbuhari.com/xsivaji.html

vincent
7th April 2005, 05:24 PM
No words to describe his Talent.
<a

YES THAT TRUE

Raghu
7th April 2005, 08:14 PM
He was the greatest Actor in history, his dialogue delivery and facial expression is unparallel, his acting in karna is what made me so mad about the karnan character in mahabhartham.

those scences from the film and shivaji sir's acting will never leave my memory, until my atma leaves this body.

Shivaji sir is simply an AWSOME LION.

Shivaji sir RulZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

joe
8th April 2005, 07:59 AM
நடிகர் திலகம் எனும் மாமேதை

http://valaippoo.yarl.net/archives/000427.html

Miss Chennai
9th April 2005, 04:44 AM
One movie, at last, in which I saw some subtlety and "casual"-ness in his acting was Mudhal Mariyadhi. Shivaji's performance was a class act. To me, especially couple of scenes stand out.

1. The scene where Shivaji goes to Radha's hut and the way he eats Meen Kozhambu soru (Fish curry rice) was really amazing.
2. The scene where Shivaji practices to lift a "paraangal" (heavy piece of stone) to win a challenge with Radha and his reaction to Radha's comments.

:clap: :clap:

Wow! These 2 scenes are just enough to prove how much the legendary Shivaji tries to "live" his character and sometimes a rather little exaggerated at that just in keeping with his drama/theatrical back-ground where over-emoting is mandatory to reach out to an audience sitting in the last bench! Nonetheless Shivaji is someone about whom almost every Tamilian would feel proud of when it comes to Tamil cinema!

joe
12th April 2005, 02:14 PM
Extensive information on Nadigar Thilagam

http://www.tamilthirai.com/biodata/sivaji/sivaji.htm

P_R
12th April 2005, 08:04 PM
My fav scene in Mudhal Mariyaadhai is the scene where he meets Radha after telling the folks in the Panjaayathu that she is his mistress (which itself is a great scene).

...kkali pOkkatthu pOi sAvadiyile Thoongara PayaluvallAm Kaelvi KettuptAn. Adhen 'Aama Avalai Vachikkuren'nu sollipten

He is embarressed that he has dragged her name down and the same time makes no secret of his utter contempt for the villagers. All sai, not so much in words, but in amazing intonation. :notworthy:

joe
22nd April 2005, 10:47 PM
Nadigar thilagam ManiMandapam foundation

http://www.dinakaran.com/daily/2005/Apr/22/flash/flasnews2.html

joe
21st July 2005, 07:48 AM
Today July 21st .Nadigar Thilagam Ninaivu NaL.

We always remember you!
You are our pride!

Neeharika
21st July 2005, 09:01 AM
Today July 21st .Nadigar Thilagam Ninaivu NaL.

We always remember you!
You are our pride!

Yes he is a legend :D :D :D

saradhaa_sn
21st July 2005, 11:46 AM
When I am having feeling of the legendary artist 'The Great Shivaji' at the same time I am ashamed of the negligence of our 'Nadigar Sangam' and other actors/actresses who are not able to build a 'Memorial Hall' (Mani Mandapam) with his statue there, even after four years of his disappearance. (But just say "Shivaji is our Guru")

Even his family members (Ramkumar, Prabhu) are not taking any steps for that. We heared from various media sources that, Shivaji Productions have earend a profit in cores in their movie 'Chandramukhi'. Why not they allot atleast one crore and construct a 'Memorial' for that 'Kalai Medhai', keeping all the shields and momentos, valuable photos with various personalities and other rememberance there, so that lakhs of Shivaji fans and present generation can know more about him...????.

Will it happen soon...?????.

joe
21st July 2005, 05:18 PM
When I am having feeling of the legendary artist 'The Great Shivaji' at the same time I am ashamed of the negligence of our 'Nadigar Sangam' and other actors/actresses who are not able to build a 'Memorial Hall' (Mani Mandapam) with his statue there, even after four years of his disappearance. (But just say "Shivaji is our Guru")

Even his family members (Ramkumar, Prabhu) are not taking any steps for that. We heared from various media sources that, Shivaji Productions have earend a profit in cores in their movie 'Chandramukhi'. Why not they allot atleast one crore and construct a 'Memorial' for that 'Kalai Medhai', keeping all the shields and momentos, valuable photos with various personalities and other rememberance there, so that lakhs of Shivaji fans and present generation can know more about him...????.

Hope it will happen soon..But sivaji will live forever in our hearts.

karthik_sa2
21st July 2005, 11:06 PM

I TOTALLY ENDORSE THIS VIEW.WELL SAID.

Nerd
1st August 2005, 12:56 PM
Balaji sir,

lets discuss about India's anwer to brando, Shivaji here :D

Shivaji was terrific in devar magan.. it was a treat to watch two of the best actors ever in Indian cinema, kamal and shivaji act together

nilavupriyan
1st August 2005, 07:45 PM
one of my favourites is navarathiri.
nowadays all the actors are so much emphasising on changing the body.but shivaji is amazing in that movie.
1)the drunken and killer shivaji are fat
2)the maapillai is lean
3)the farmer character is round
4)the police offiecr look to be tight muscled
5)the doctor shivaji looks perfectly as an aged one
excellent......................................... .....

rachel
2nd August 2005, 01:34 AM
most of his films are sad....why's that?

hi
3rd August 2005, 08:00 AM
International awards recognitions for Legend Shivaji Ganesan includes:

He is the only India apart from Mr. Jawaharlal Nehru for getting "One Day Mayor Post" for the city of CAIRO

Asia- Africa continent's best Actor award for his mind boggling film " Veera Pandiya Kattabomman"

He has been awarded title of "Savaliour" by the France Government.

His acting talents were recognised and mentioned in the OSCAR AWARD COMMITTEE ANNOUNCEMENT for his film "Deiva Magan" which is the First Indian Movie to get a nomination and participate in OSCAR.

He is the first actor to get Padmashree, Padmabhusion Award.

His films carry the maximum national awards.

he is the first one to play Nine Different Characters in a single film "Navarathri"

His acting is phenomenal.....in every movies.... :clap: :clap:

saradhaa_sn
3rd August 2005, 11:51 AM
Hi..., well collections,

Just a small correction,
Shivaji was hounoured as "Oneday Mayor" not for Cairo, it was for 'Niagra City' in United States (As you said, only Nehru and Shivaji got the honour).

Apart from Badmashree & Badmabooshan, he also got 'Dadha Saheb Palke' award from Central Govt.

hi
3rd August 2005, 11:52 AM
Hi..., well collections,

Just a small correction,
Shivaji was hounoured as "Oneday Mayor" not for Cairo, it was for 'Niagra City' in United States (As you said, only Nehru and Shivaji got the honour).

Apart from Badmashree & Badmabooshan, he also got 'Dadha Saheb Palke' award from Central Govt.

oh sorry :oops:

karthik_sa2
5th August 2005, 11:03 PM
it is really sad that he didnt get one national award.he surely deserves one for every film of his.

stranger
5th August 2005, 11:16 PM
The difference between Shivaji and others e.g. "anniyan vikram" is that

When Shivaji acted as *Prestige Padmanabhan* and *Barrister Rajnikanth*, nobody had the nerve to criticize his "brahminical accent" like they did to "anniyan Vikram"

That is why he is "nadigar thilagam" :thumbsup:

joe
7th August 2005, 08:00 PM
The difference between Shivaji and others e.g. "anniyan vikram" is that

When Shivaji acted as *Prestige Padmanabhan* and *Barrister Rajnikanth*, nobody had the nerve to criticize his "brahminical accent" like they did to "anniyan Vikram"

That is why he is "nadigar thilagam" :thumbsup:

Very True!

Sanguine Sridhar
8th August 2005, 02:04 PM
I want to post what nilvu said in the best dialogues thread...Shivaji's gr888888888 performance in devar magan

."panchayathada idhu.panchayathe illada.indha kootathula enakku mariyadhayum illa"

"idho ippidi iluppangale....ippidi......andha velaya kodu"simply a treat.its equal to marlon brando's performance in godfather surely"

joe
9th August 2005, 12:28 AM
paaru...paaru...namma nadigar thilagam style paaru

joe
15th September 2005, 02:28 PM
தீந்தமிழ்ச் சாறெடுத்து
தித்திக்கும் தேன்குழைத்து
பாந்தமாய்ப் பேசியாடி
பலகோடி மக்கள் நெஞ்சில்

வேந்தனாய் பவனிவந்த
வெற்றித்திலகமே தமிழனே
ஏந்தினாய் தீபமொன்று
எந்நாளும் அணையுமோ

தவமெனப் பெற்றாளே
தமிழன்னை உனையிங்கே
எவருண்டு உன்நடிப்பை
எள்ளளவும் நகலெடுக்க

சிவனே என்றாலும்
சிவாஜி நீ காட்டாது
நவரசக் கலைஞனே
நானிலந்தான் அறியுமோ

நடையெனில் ஒருநூறு
நகைப்பெனில் நானூறு
புடைக்கின்ற நரம்புகளில்
புவியையே அளந்தவன்

தடையற்ற வெள்ளமெனத்
தமிழ்ச்சொல் வீசியே
படையெடுத்து நின்றவுன்
பார்புகழ் அழியுமோ

இனிதெனில் தமிழேயென
ஈடற்ற மாகவியும்
பனிமலர்த் தூவியே
போற்றினான் செந்தமிழை

தனியனாய் நின்றதனை
தங்கக் குரலெடுத்து
இனியது தமிழேயென
வழிமொழிந்தத் திலகமே

நுண்மதி மாந்தர்கட்கும்
நடிப்பையா காட்டினாய்
வண்ணத்திரையில் நீ
வாழ்க்கையன்றோ காட்டினாய்

சின்ன அசைவினிலும்
பொன்னென மின்னினாய்
இன்னுமோர் நடிகனும்
இனியில்லை என்றானாய்

மூன்றாம் தமிழ்வளர்த்த
முதன்மைக் களஞ்சியமே
ஆன்றோர் வியந்துவக்கும்
அகராதி நீதானே

வான்தொடு உயரத்தில்
வெற்றித் திருச்சுடர் நீ
தேன்வளர் திரைக்கலைஞர்
தேடும் பொற்கனா நீ

சிங்கங்கள் அணிவகுக்கும்
சிம்மக்குரல் கேட்க
அங்கங்கள் சிலிர்க்குமெந்த
அரசவைப் புலவர்கட்கும்

மங்கா புகழ்வென்றாய்
மறையா நிலைபெற்றாய்
எங்கெலாம் கலையுண்டோ
அங்கெலாம் சிரிக்கின்றாய்

கண்ணீர் பொங்குதய்யா
காலனுனைக் கவர்ந்தானே
வெந்நீர் விழுந்தமலர்
வேதனையில் துடிக்குதய்யா

உன்னதக் கலைஞர்களை
உருவாக்கும் பிரம்மனே
உன்புகழ் வாழ்க வாழ்க
உனக்கென்றும் மரணமில்லை

நன்றி -http://anbudanbuhari.com/xsivaji.html

abkhlabhi
15th September 2005, 04:10 PM
Without duet songs, dream songs, costly dressess/costumes, sivaji films were huge hits. In his 150th movie , Savale Samali , no duet / dream songs, no foreign locations, it was a big hit run for 175 days. Same as In Thilana Mohasnambal also. He is always great. Thiese are the movies released when he was in TOP. sampesl only i mentined hee. Lot more to follow. At present actors includng Kamal should learn from Sivaji the Great. For one song he is going abroad. eventhough no way connect with the stories. I don't know why everyone comparing sivaji with kamal, rajini, wooden face Sion, vijay, ajit, bruce lee (dulpicate), and other at present useless actors. please don't insult Sivaji by comparing with others. This is my request.

Baloo

mr_karthik
15th September 2005, 05:23 PM

Well said Saradha, Hats off

Thangalai Sivajiyin vaarisugal endru sollikolbavargal ellaam vetki thalai kuniya vendiay vishayam idhu.

The Chief Minister has come from cine field.
the opposition party leader has come from cine field.
the Leader of Nadigar Sangam also a well known actor.
But what is the use??. Still the project not yet started.

joe
16th September 2005, 07:40 AM

Well said Saradha, Hats off

Thangalai Sivajiyin vaarisugal endru sollikolbavargal ellaam vetki thalai kuniya vendiay vishayam idhu.

The Chief Minister has come from cine field.
the opposition party leader has come from cine field.
the Leader of Nadigar Sangam also a well known actor.
But what is the use??. Still the project not yet started.

Mr_karthik,
Though I support your feelings ,I feel our Nadigar Thilagam is beyong this usual Mandapams and monuments ..He himself monuments for many .He built monuments for Kattabomman ,VOC ,Karnan etc just by his acting ..Now people recollect these people through our Nadigar Thilagam face only .

Have you been to Paanchaalangurichi ?During kalainjar period ,Govt built a statue for Kattabomman .Anybody can recognise kattabomman by anything other than Nadigar thilagam's getup in that movie ? yeah ..The statue looks exactly like Nadigar Thilagam's face in 'Veerapandiya kattanomman' ..otherwise who will accept this as kattabomman ..That is the greatness of greatest actor Nadigar Thilagam.

mr_karthik
16th September 2005, 02:25 PM
Mr. Joe

I agree your points. Each and every film of our Nadigar Thilagam is a momento for him, no doubt. But I mentioned it to point out the negligence and carelessness of the cine fileld and his family members.

Same like Shivaji, MGR also well known and sticked in the hearts of Tamil people. But his house in Arcot Mudhali road has been transferred as 'Memorial' of MGR and keeping various rememberance about him, such as rare collection of photos with political and cine personalities and importanat incidents in his life, memontos and shields of his movie achievements, things he used in his life, even the ambassedor car (which he used for long time), blue color Terylene shirt with blood (which he was wearing when M.R.Radha shoot him) like this.

Recently, Chennai Corporation has made a list, there are 172 statues in Chennai city only. But I am sorry to say, not even one for Nadigar Thilagam.

stranger
16th September 2005, 08:39 PM
Well, there is a saying,

It is not what you are, which is going to matter but it is what you project as you are, only matters especially when you are dealing with idiotic morons!

Leave the statues! There are worse things to consider!

How are you or anyone going to defend that mgr won a national award for best actor whereas shiavaji could not win one EVER!!!

Where in the world but in our land can such a "tragedy" ever can happen ??? :banghead:

Remember this!

Clint or Harrison Ford or Tom Cruise could never won an OSCAR for best acting ever! 8)

It is a SHAME that Shivaji was never able to earn "best actor" in India! 8)

There has always been "moronic clowns" who had the power to "judge" talents! :cry:

BTW, go rent Rickshawkaaran and watch the best acting of the best actor in India! 8)

karthik_sa2
17th September 2005, 01:21 AM
Without duet songs, dream songs, costly dressess/costumes, sivaji films were huge hits. In his 150th movie , Savale Samali , no duet / dream songs, no foreign locations, it was a big hit run for 175 days. Same as In Thilana Mohasnambal also. He is always great. Thiese are the movies released when he was in TOP. sampesl only i mentined hee. Lot more to follow. At present actors includng Kamal should learn from Sivaji the Great. For one song he is going abroad. eventhough no way connect with the stories. I don't know why everyone comparing sivaji with kamal, rajini, wooden face Sion, vijay, ajit, bruce lee (dulpicate), and other at present useless actors. please don't insult Sivaji by comparing with others. This is my request.

Baloo

hey i accept sivaji sir is a legendary actor.but the only other actor who is eligible to be compared with him is none other than kamalhasan.did u find in any of his films<his direction>going abroad for a song . devar mahan,heyraam legendary movies.in those days none of the movies were big budget movies except for a handful few.importance were given only to stories and people those days liked it.it is not the same now.people look for a lot more than the story.however these things have got nothing to do with their acting skills.kamal in his own ways has proved equivalent to sivaji in acting.if not equivalent atleast he has proved the eligiblity to be compared with sivaji.there is no doubt about that.sivaji-devar kamal-magan

karthik_sa2
17th September 2005, 01:28 AM
Well, there is a saying,

It is not what you are, which is going to matter but it is what you project as you are, only matters especially when you are dealing with idiotic morons!

Leave the statues! There are worse things to consider!

How are you or anyone going to defend that mgr won a national award for best actor whereas shiavaji could not win one EVER!!!

Where in the world but in our land can such a "tragedy" ever can happen ??? Banging Head

Remember this!

Clint or Harrison Ford or Tom Cruise could never won an OSCAR for best acting ever! Cool

It is a SHAME that Shivaji was never able to earn "best actor" in India! Cool

There has always been "moronic clowns" who had the power to "judge" talents! Crying or Very sad

BTW, go rent Rickshawkaaran and watch the best acting of the best actor in India!

:lol: :lol: :lol: well said buddy

S.Balaji
21st September 2005, 03:53 PM
[tscii:0273f6667d]Alwarpet,

Good start…. Keep it up…. I worship the great Shivaji……. Countless numbers of great movies….

SHIVAJI IS THE UNIVERSITY FOR ACTING

I will chose Gnana Oli…

From an ordinary uneducated Church worker, he will undergo various changes in life… like his loved wife will pass away at his young age… will be left with his baby daughter to groom… Will try to imbibe basic discipline but Saradha will get lost with Srikanth… Shivaji will get wild and will accidentally kill Srikanth…. ( also had his best school day friend as his main foe Major… as Inspector ) … His fondness and affection towards the Church Father…. Giving a pledge to the Father that someday, he will make the Village and Church develop and will do his best…
After his daughter’s unfortunate development, his life will focus towards developing the village… will escape from the scene and will resurface as Koteeshwarar Arun….. and meets his daughter ( this time being well taken care by a Hindu Doctor VKR )… all the family melodrama … .the interesting cold war and the challenges posed by Major and how he counters them…. In between venting his frustration … through that song… Devanay ennai paarungal……
Finally get trapped at the time of his Grand daughter’s wedding….. Only to realize that this was his good Friend Major’s tactics to expose the truth….
All ends well with Major and Shivaji joyfully exchanging some pleasantries and sharing a joke WHILE GOING IN POLICE JEEP….

Oops.. this movie shows the various stages of an ordinary man who undergoes sufferings and sorrows and takes life as a challenge and how he comes out trumps….

Great work by Shivaji… THE UNIVERSITY OF ACTING….
[/tscii:0273f6667d]

karthik_sa2
21st September 2005, 11:45 PM
yesterday i watched "bale pandiya' for the first time.its a complete laugh riot.wow what a variety the legend has shown in nhis acting.the scientist charatcter is the best part-his getsures,mannerisms,style and the way he talks.something very different.
well he is a dictionary in acting.he truly is. its very sad that the legend missed out doing periyar charatcetr which he was very desperate to do

stranger
22nd September 2005, 12:39 AM
balE pANdiA is a funny movie, karthik!

Shivaji has done three roles so casually!:thumbsup:

I remember the "rowdy shivaji" (PaaNdian) has a mannerism of some sort when he is folding his "lungi". He does it so "stylishly"! :thumbsup:

the "maama-maapiLLai song" with "maaveeran" "nadiyavEL M R Radha is hilarious indeed! :)

stranger
22nd September 2005, 03:03 AM
here is one my favorite diaalogues of "nadigar thilagam" in "gauravam"!

hey chellA!

"neeyum pattuppudavai kattiNdA paththu varusham youngAthAndi aayidaRa" 8)

innoruththan poRanthuthaan varanum! :thumbsup:

alwarpet_andavan
22nd September 2005, 10:03 AM
When it comes to rendition of chaste classical Thamizh, none can hold a candle to Sivaji. His thundering timeless performance in Thiruvilayadal, especially in the dharumi episode is goose-pimple stuff.
To pick one scene, the showdown between Nakkeeran and Sivaperuman is unforgettable......

S.Balaji
22nd September 2005, 10:53 AM

hey chellA!

Stranger,

There is another casual dialogue which I enjoy even today....

Senior SHivaji will enquire the Junior...

ENDAAA , ENDHA CASAI PATREE MYLAPORE PAKKAM ENNA PESARAAA !! This dialogue was created by Vietnam Veedu Sundaram in admiration of Mylapore vasees !!

Besides, the song Neeyum naanumaaa... I love the Senior Shivaji dressed up like a Roman Emperor standing majestically.... and giving frightening looks as the Junior advances close to him.. in the giant chess board... The chess board scene was a nice imagination....

S.Balaji
22nd September 2005, 10:58 AM
balE pANdiA is a funny movie, karthik!

Shivaji has done three roles so casually!:thumbsup:

I remember the "rowdy shivaji" (PaaNdian) has a mannerism of some sort when he is folding his "lungi". He does it so "stylishly"! :thumbsup:

the "maama-maapiLLai song" with "maaveeran" "nadiyavEL M R Radha is hilarious indeed! :)

Yes yes it was unique and also the way Shivaji used to smoke with bedee !!

There is another scene which I enjoyed... The song Neeyay enakku endrum nigaraanavan... Shivaji will express his dharuma sangadam when MRR makes his tantrums... It was virtually a competition between two giants ... MRR and Shivaji both equal to the task.....

The way they exchange ... Mama and Maaplay.... Hilarious ...

stranger
23rd September 2005, 10:29 PM
Sure, nadigavEL MR Radha is heck of an actor!

His dialogs are thought-provoking! He had the guts to challenge anybody! :thumbsup:

----------------

Let us get back to nadigar thilagam!

Here is a dialogue from "drunkard chinnadurai" from the evergreen "vasantha maaLigai"!

He will save vaaNishree from the misbehaving manager "Ramdoss" and say:

Bloody fool!

"vENdaamnA vilaimaathaa irunthaalum thodapdaathu"!

athaan namma principle!

kannannn
23rd September 2005, 11:57 PM
There aren't many movies in which 'Shivaji' has played villain, but of the few, one that remains in my mind is 'Uththama Puththiran'. One can write pages on the 'Vikraman' character, but here's just a sample:

--------
Nambiar and 'Shivaji' encounter Padmini and 'Shivaji' is enthralled by her beauty. On their return to the palace, 'Shivaji' waxes eloquent on her beauty..
Shivaji: ..veenayin nadhamum mogana geethamum aval kuralile olikka kanden..
(Nambiar interferes)
Nambiar: Vikrama.. Unnidam oru mukkiyamana vishayam pesa vendum.
('Shivaji' immediately frowns..)
Shivaji: edhai patriyo..?!
Nambiar: ippodhu nee parththa pennai patri
('Shivaji''s face brightens up immediately)
Shivaji: mangalakaramana vishayam. udane pesuvome..
----------
The sudden changes in 'Shivaji''s facial expression still stays in my mind. Of course Sridhar's screenplay and dialogues raise the movie to a higher plane which today's films regretfully cant even match.

m_23_bayarea
24th September 2005, 12:06 AM
Kannann, Welcome to the hub....

In PUTHIYA PARAVAI, after narrating the whole killing of Sowcar Janaki to all the ppl, he'll say..."Ivlothaan nadanthathu. Oru adi, Orey adi"...And then he'll blow his nose...That was just a mix of serious acting blended with humor...SHIVAJI rocks !!!

joe
24th September 2005, 12:21 AM
Kannannn,
Welcome.

It seems you are a keen watcher of nadigar thilagam movies,dialogues and actions ..Pls share more with us.

m_23_bayarea
24th September 2005, 12:23 AM
Joe, Your avatar is SUPER !!!

joe
24th September 2005, 12:40 AM

m_23_bayarea,
thanks-pa.

That is the capture of the same character described by Kannannn above,from 'Uththama puththiran'

S.Balaji
24th September 2005, 10:55 AM
[tscii:5728839bb5]One of the Shivaji special scenes I enjoy every moment is this particular one in GNANAOLI…

The occasion will be the families of both Major and Sharadha agreeing to the wedding… and Sharadha will offer Payasam…… While Major will be looking for every opportunity to pounce on his old friend and foe Shivaji…. Shivaji will counter his step…. Major will observe Shivaji drinking the Payasam and will try to take the Silver Tumbler which he thought it might have the finger prints of Shivaji…..

Major will also take it and will try to leave the place… At this moment the following dialogues will be flashed :

SHIVAJI : INSPECTOR

MAJOR : YES YES

SHIVAJI : MATHAVANGA SENJAA ADHU KURTRAM … ANNAAL INSPECTORAY ADHAI SEIDHAAL …. ADHU GNABA MARADHIYAAA…??

MAJOR : WHAT DO YOU MEAN ???

SHIVAJI : I MEAN THE SILVER TUMBLER ……………

Following this, Shivaji with a a wry smile remove his gloves………just to show that Major cannot take his finger prints as he had anticipated this well in advance and was prepared for it !!!

This will be followed by a wry smile from Shivaji and a nervous Major…. Major nanraagavay asadu vayivaar.....…..

Again, indha kaatchiyill…. Shivaji Paysam saapidum style ….. Romba rasichi rasichi kudipaar………… My God… eppadi oru talent….
The same Shivaji after more than 40 years played virtually another eating scene in Mudhal mariyaadhai… that of eating the fish…. BARATHI RAJAAVUKKU MIGAVUM PIDITHA SCENE IDHU………AVARAY SONNADHU…..

Ennaal marakka mudiyadha kaatchi edhu…..

ITS ANOTHER SHIVAJI SPECIAL…………..

[/tscii:5728839bb5]

nilavupriyan
24th September 2005, 10:58 AM

yeah....,im interested abt its source

S.Balaji
24th September 2005, 11:07 AM
Joe... whatever that is black and white ... still has it own charm.... and if it especially Shivaji's ..............

Engay pidicheenga...idhai..........Poraamayaa irukku :oops:

saradhaa_sn
24th September 2005, 01:15 PM

hey chellA!

One important in scene in that movie "Gowravam" which I fully attached with it (I attached with the whole movie is another thing).

Shivaji will put down his case files on the table, in front of Pandaribai (another tremendous perfoarmance in that movie) and deliver the dialogues with heavy BGM score of MSV:

"Di Chella, idhuthaan naan attend panniya mudhal case. Indha casai naan handle panniya azhagai paarthuthaan unga appan unnai enakku kalyaanam panni koduthaan.
(putting another file)
"indha casela jeyichuthaan bangalow vaanginen"
(another file)
"Indha caselathaan oorileye periya manushannu per eduthen"
(putting another file)
"Indha caselathaan dhinam 10,000 fees vaangi, enga paarthaalum Rajinikanth, Rajinikanthnu pesa vachen. Idhellaam saathaarana case kuttugal illadi. En munnetra paatahiyim padikattugal"
(putting another file)
"Aanaa indha Mohandoss case...?"
Chella: "Ennanga"
"Shut up...... (seeing kannan's image stading near that file) "Kanna, un mudhal casaey, ennudaiya kadaisi caseaa aayidumaa?. Yenda badavaa, ennai jeyichuduviyaada?"
Chella: " Ayyo jeyichaa jeyichittu pogattumey. Yaanaikkum adi sarukkumnu solluvaaley".
"Di chella, yaanai sarukki keezhey vizhundhaal adhukku eppadi adi padumnu theriyumo?. Adhaala ezhundhirukka mudiyaathu. Adhaithaane ellorum ethir paakuraa?. Ivan eppada vizhuvaanuthaaney edhir paarkiraa?. Nadakkaadhudi"

The whole Shanti theatre shivering with huge applause by fans.

(Really we lost a lion. Even when I am typing this, I cant control my tears).

joe
24th September 2005, 01:55 PM
Joe... whatever that is black and white ... still has it own charm.... and if it especially Shivaji's ..............

Engay pidicheenga...idhai..........Poraamayaa irukku :oops:

Balaji,
Recently I bought 'Karnan' DVD ..In that DVD ,they have additional 30 mins documentry on nadigar thilagam ,which includes many clippings from various movies ..'Uththama puththiran' clippings is one of them ..From that ,I captured myself.

joe
24th September 2005, 01:57 PM
//(Really we lost a lion. Even when I am typing this, I cant control my tears).//

Saradhaa_sn,
when I read this ,I can't control my tears.

S.Balaji
24th September 2005, 02:12 PM
Dear Saradhajiiii,

You know very well how much admiration I have for Shivaji... And I was under the impression that ONLY I KNOW MORE ABOUT SHIVAJI AND I CAN WRITE MORE ABOUT SHIVAJI.... BUT NOW I REALISE THAT I AM NOTHING..........ENNUDAYA PERUMIDHAM ELLAAM GONE NOW.......................

ON READING YOUR POSTING ON GAURAVAM..... I AM NOW WITH A HEAVY HEART.......

HATS OFF TO YOU......

I LOVE THE WORDS.... NEETHIKAY THUNINDHU NINREN NINAITHADHELLAAM JAYITHU VANDHEN...
VEDHANAIKKU ORU MAGANAI VEETINILAY VALARTHU VANDHEN......

Also the words..... ARIVAI KODUTHADHO DRONARIN GAURAVAM.... AVAR MEL THODUTHADHEY ARJUNAN GAURAVAM... In sync with the movie......the battle between Junior and Senior SHivaji.......

MANNANIN GAURAVAM... SADHURANGA NADUVILAY.... MADHIKINRA SENAYO... PILLAYIN VADIVILAY.......

Also the words.... ARUBADHI ERUBADHU... VELLUMAA ULAGILAY........

It was a great combination.... Vietnam Veedu Sundaram..... PN.Sundaram, MSV, TMS , Kavignar.... Shivaji and PandariBhai....

Great moments.......

S.Balaji
24th September 2005, 03:02 PM
[tscii:42d1766e8b]In Gauravam, Shivaji’s class was everywhere. One can notice a distinctive difference in the approach between 2 Shivajis…..

The Senior will be full of proud and arrogance …. Frequently found smoking with Pipe.. While the Junior will be deeply religious…. With Veshti and White Full shirt…….

The way they walk there will be a difference…

The way they talk…. There will be a difference….

Junior Shivaji will always give a gentle and soft look … while the Senior one will display a royal arrogance and proudness……..

The Senior Shivaji will also exhibit his upper middle class behaviour…….

There will be scenes llike reading papers…. And reacting to the news that someone else has been made Judge which he was aspiring for…… and then taking the Mohandas case as a challenge…….. winning it…….

All through the movie…. Both will maintain that class…… and that’s why it came out as one of Shivaji’s best movies…….

[/tscii:42d1766e8b]

saradhaa_sn
24th September 2005, 04:09 PM
Dear Balaji...

The difference you mentioned between two Sivaji's also perfect. Another thing did you notice?. The senior Sivaji will looks as slim (with fulshirt inserted) and junior Sivaji looks little fat (mostly with half shirt).

The scene you mentioned as reading a newspaper, it has a story.

At that time both Savaley Samaali and Rikshawkaran were sent to central selection comiittee along with some other Tamil movies for the selection of National Award. Everybody well known, MGR was selected as best actor (????...!!!!) for Rikshawkaran.

For an indirect attacking about that selection, Vietnam Veedu Sundaram wrote dialogues in Gowravam for that scene. You just imagine that scene.

Shivaji (reading newspaper): "Advocate Rengabashyam appointed as Highcourt judge" (then talking himself) " Ennadaa idhu?. Logamey kettu poyiduthaa. Unmaiyaana thiramaikkum uzhaipukkum inge mariyaadhaiye kidaiyaatha?. Pattam padhavi ellaamey recommendation with politicsaa?. Ennai vida junior ivan. Serndahhapola naalu vaarthai pesa theriyaathu (MGR?). Ivan case ellaamae 'adithadi case' (stunt?). Ivanukku justice post..???. Moonu thadavai en perai therndheduthu regret pannitaaley. Appadeenna ennai avamaana paduthuraalaa..?"

(turnig to junior Shivaji)

"Dey Kanna... bail move pannuda. Annikku court vaasailile ninnu, ennai kaapaatha yaarumillaiyaanu kathinaaney andha Mohandossai veliyil kondu vara poren. Ennudaiya vaadah thiramaiyaale, thooku medaiyil nirkira ovvoru kaithiyaiyum viduthalai vaangi thara poren".

I hope you can imagine that scene.

(Once Mr. Maniyan, Editor of 'Idhayam Pesugirathu', told "Isaw Gowravam several times. But still I cant beleive both Sivajis are one person. Such a difference in all aspects")

Scale
24th September 2005, 07:14 PM
Saradha!

Thanks for that one. Is that movie running on your screen. Wow!Dialogue by dialogue. Even Balaji Sir's postings abt movies,cricket makes me feel the same way or picked from his archives(diary..). Really worthmentioning. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Isnt this enough for someone who degraded Sivaji as overacting and hasnt got a NA...

Pls continue this topic without deviating the topic.....

nilavupriyan
24th September 2005, 07:21 PM
my favourite movie of shivaji is "karnan"

especially the scene where beeshmar announces him as "artharadhan"(the soldier standing atlast).....excellent scene.....

kannannn
24th September 2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. have been visiting the hub for sometime, but didnt have the time to post. To watch 'Shivaji' act is a pleasure. It may sound cliche but he really gets into the skin of the character. Be it serious movies like 'Gauravam' or 'Karnan' or humorous movies like 'Bale Pandiya', he pervades the scene. There is a particular scene in 'Sabhash Meena' where he calls his father to drive the car, mistaking him to be the driver (his father plays along to find out what he is upto). After Chandrababu and co. get into the car, he asks the driver to stop midway for a tin of cigarettes.

'Shivaji' (to Chandrababu): Rendu mani neram cigarette pudikalayna udambu ennathukku aradhu. Indha kandravi nattulethan appanukku munnadi magan cigarette pudikka kudhdhu. Mel nattula ellam paru, appanum maganum onna cigarette pudippanga.
(and hands over a 100 rupee note to the driver (his father)
His father: aa.. nooru rubaya?!
'Shivaji': yen ya yen? unga appan veetu soththa..?

That was simple and pure comedy played out very effectively

S.Balaji
25th September 2005, 03:00 PM
[quote="saradhaa_sn"]Dear Balaji...

The difference you mentioned between two Sivaji's also perfect. Another thing did you notice?. The senior Sivaji will looks as slim (with fulshirt inserted) and junior Sivaji looks little fat (mostly with half shirt).

Ofcourse, I know that difference as well... One scene which Junior was wearing full shirt was while coming back with Vegetables.... Pudalangai etc etc and coming across His lover's friends....

. Annikku court vaasailile ninnu, ennai kaapaatha yaarumillaiyaanu kaThe scene you mentioned as reading a newspaper, it has a story.

At that time both Savaley Samaali and Rikshawkaran were sent to central selection comiittee along with some other Tamil movies for the selection of National Award. Everybody well known, MGR was selected as best actor (????...!!!!) for Rikshawkaran.

For an indirect attacking about that selection, Vietnam Veedu Sundaram wrote dialogues in Gowravam for that scene. You just imagine that scene.

Shivaji (reading newspaper): "Advocate Rengabashyam appointed as Highcourt judge" (then talking himself) " Ennadaa idhu?. Logamey kettu poyiduthaa. Unmaiyaana thiramaikkum uzhaipukkum inge mariyaadhaiye kidaiyaatha?. Pattam padhavi ellaamey recommendation with politicsaa?. Ennai vida junior ivan. Serndahhapola naalu vaarthai pesa theriyaathu (MGR?). Ivan case ellaamae 'adithadi case' (stunt?). Ivanukku justice post..???. Moonu thadavai en perai therndheduthu regret pannitaaley. Appadeenna ennai avamaana paduthuraalaa..?"

(turnig to junior Shivaji)

"Dey Kanna... bail move pannudathinaaney andha Mohandossai veliyil kondu vara poren. Ennudaiya vaadah thiramaiyaale, thooku medaiyil nirkira ovvoru kaithiyaiyum viduthalai vaangi thara poren".

I hope you can imagine that scene.

Eaapdee neenga dialogue by dialogue adikireenga.!! :!: Amazing.... Once again , I admit that you are a Authority on Old films.... Hats off....
You know ...all the dialogues during that scene... I have them by heart.... especially when Shivaji pronounces the word... RECOMMENDATION.... He will pronounce in typical Mylapore Style !

Did you notice one more subtle difference in the acting.... Whenever the Junior meets Senior... Oru Guruvidam eppadee Panivum addakkamum irukkumo... appadee oru behaviour irukkum.
Junior eppodhum oru bayandha subaavathudan dhaan senioridam pesuvaar........
while the senior will be very inconsistent in his behaviour... In the spur of the moment , the senior will ask the Junior to leave his house....and the junior will leave lamenting... with those famous dialogues..... POGANUMNA THONRADHU ANAAA ENGAY POGANUMNU THONALAYE.....
The senior will casually later enquire Chellaaa... Di Chella... Engadee andha paya.......
Poitaan...
Ennadhu aathavite poitannaaa.
Damn it..... Enna avvalavu periya manushan aayitaana avan...

Adhu vera onnumiladee.... Kilikku rakka molachiduthu.... Aaatha vittu parandhu poiduthu......

ALL IN TYPICAL MYLAPORE STYLE..!!!!

Great... Keep it up.......

S.Balaji
25th September 2005, 03:03 PM
Saradha!

Thanks for that one. Is that movie running on your screen. Wow!Dialogue by dialogue. Even Balaji Sir's postings abt movies,cricket makes me feel the same way or picked from his archives(diary..). Really worthmentioning. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Isnt this enough for someone who degraded Sivaji as overacting and hasnt got a NA...

Pls continue this topic without deviating the topic.....

Dear Scale,

If you read the other earlier postings of Sharadhajii in other threads, you will realise that she is an encyclopeadia on Tamil films....She had shared so much of old information.....
Me... I had enjoyed every moment of my School and College days watching the Legend Shivaji.....and recollect them and type my message......

mr_karthik
25th September 2005, 04:30 PM
Balaji sir, I totally agree with your statement about Ms. Saradha. I read almost all of her comments and stunned like anything. Some informations what she is giving, may be forgotton by its producres and directors. But she will give with full informations with years also..............

I also appreciate her boldness to present her statement even many fans opposes it.............

If you call saradhaji as encyclopedia of Tamil movies, then I can call you as 'Encyclopedia of movies, cricket, mahabaratham, Ramayanam'. That much collections you have in mind and serving for us suitably........

Hats off both of you...............

On seeing both of your valuable comments here, I hesitate to post my comments.........

Keep it up and flow without break........

Karthik.

joe
28th September 2005, 02:30 PM
Super Actor kamal Hassan planing to open a 'Acting college' in the name of Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/heroes/kamal15.html

If this is true ,no words to praise our kamal ,who is true sivaji fan.

nilavupriyan
28th September 2005, 05:05 PM
Super Actor kamal Hassan planing to open a 'Acting college' in the name of Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/heroes/kamal15.html

If this is true ,no words to praise our kamal ,who is true sivaji fan.

must be appreciated....he is the right and fit person to do it in the name of shivaji...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sanguine Sridhar
28th September 2005, 05:06 PM
Vietnam Veedu was an excellent movie...One scene in which Shivaji sir will stand in front of his mother's photo "Amma unn pullaikku ippo 58 vayasiduchu...retirment kooduthutta.." Gud one...If ppl have touchy dialogues from that movie plz do post..

S.Balaji
28th September 2005, 05:15 PM
Vietnam Veedu was an excellent movie...One scene in which Shivaji sir will stand in front of his mother's photo "Amma unn pullaikku ippo 58 vayasiduchu...retirment kooduthutta.." Gud one...If ppl have touchy dialogues from that movie plz do post..

Beckham,

V V was a typical Middle class mentality oriented character...

Are we not seeing such a character in our day to day life :

1. Working sincerely in office...Total commitment to the job
2. Preaching and following basic discipline and moral values
3. Be very strict with staff down the linfe
4. Be very polite and respectful to Boss
5. If your Boss appreciates your work.. you get so thrilled and you feel contended totally... forgetting what you deserve on increment...
6. Bringing the files back home and completing the task so that the Boss will appreciate.....
7. Middle class gauravam and ego....

All the above were shown exceptionally by Shivaji in that movie.....

Inbetween.... expressing his love to his beloved wife.....

Believe me.... the dialogue what Shivaji said on his retirement... which you had mentioned... one of my uncles precisely uttered that on his retirment... and he was a State Govt employee.....

Very touchy dialogues...in that movies.....

But the end showing Shivaji as dead was unnecessary... probably it was a phobia those days.... that Shivaji had to be portrayed as dead in the final scene so that it will capture the minds of audience...
They did it for SHivaji in Pachai vilakku, Babu.... and in lots of movies...

nilavupriyan
28th September 2005, 05:18 PM

Beckham,

V V was a typical Middle class mentality oriented character...

Are we not seeing such a character in our day to day life :

1. Working sincerely in office...Total commitment to the job
2. Preaching and following basic discipline and moral values
3. Be very strict with staff down the linfe
4. Be very polite and respectful to Boss
5. If your Boss appreciates your work.. you get so thrilled and you feel contended totally... forgetting what you deserve on increment...
6. Bringing the files back home and completing the task so that the Boss will appreciate.....
7. Middle class gauravam and ego....

All the above were shown exceptionally by Shivaji in that movie.....

Inbetween.... expressing his love to his beloved wife.....

Believe me.... the dialogue what Shivaji said on his retirement... which you had mentioned... one of my uncles precisely uttered that on his retirment... and he was a State Govt employee.....

Very touchy dialogues...in that movies.....

But the end showing Shivaji as dead was unnecessary... probably it was a phobia those days.... that Shivaji had to be portrayed as dead in the final scene so that it will capture the minds of audience...
They did it for SHivaji in Pachai vilakku, Babu.... and in lots of movies...

but if m.g.r dies at the end of a movie...avlothaan...screen darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sanguine Sridhar
28th September 2005, 05:24 PM
Exactly Balaji...guyz like Vikram,Suriya are good actors but they choose all eccentric characters like Multiple personality disorder,Sethu,Pidhamagan..they do their home work and will succeed ...But these guyz can no way compete with nadigar thilagam..where he did all the characters which is on going in our day today life...NO ACTOR CAN DO THAT EXCEPT SHIVAJI SIR...

SHIVAJI=GOD

S.Balaji
28th September 2005, 05:42 PM
Shivaji as a Doctor in Paalum Pazamum.....

Right from the first shot... Shivaji will maintan a Doctor's decorum... and behavioural pattern....Except for certain scenes like Poonal poggattum and in the final scene.... SHivaji will maintain that Class....

Now I recollect the scene when SHivaji will go for his routine rounds to meet the patients.... with his hands in the Doctor's overcoat pockets.......and very gently enquire all the patients....and will ask his support staff to take notes...
He will also look at the notes attached to every patient with care which a Doctor normally exhibits.....
Even when MR Radha tries something funny with him when he visits his house... Shivaji will politely ask him to leave.....

There are many such scenes in PP .....

Even in the first scene itself... when SV Subbaiah appreciates Shivaji for his upbringing... He will counter by saying very courteous words to him and will embrace his brother...

All perfectly executed..... I WONDER FROM WHERE DID HE TAKE INSPIRATION ... AND PORTRAYED...WITH THE PRECISION OF A DOCTOR....

THATS WHY SHIVAJI IS CALLED THE UNIVERSITY OF ACTING.......

nilavupriyan
28th September 2005, 06:07 PM
Shivaji as a Doctor in Paalum Pazamum.....

Right from the first shot... Shivaji will maintan a Doctor's decorum... and behavioural pattern....Except for certain scenes like Poonal poggattum and in the final scene.... SHivaji will maintain that Class....

Now I recollect the scene when SHivaji will go for his routine rounds to meet the patients.... with his hands in the Doctor's overcoat pockets.......and very gently enquire all the patients....and will ask his support staff to take notes...
He will also look at the notes attached to every patient with care which a Doctor normally exhibits.....
Even when MR Radha tries something funny with him when he visits his house... Shivaji will politely ask him to leave.....

There are many such scenes in PP .....

Even in the first scene itself... when SV Subbaiah appreciates Shivaji for his upbringing... He will counter by saying very courteous words to him and will embrace his brother...

All perfectly executed..... I WONDER FROM WHERE DID HE TAKE INSPIRATION ... AND PORTRAYED...WITH THE PRECISION OF A DOCTOR....

THATS WHY SHIVAJI IS CALLED THE UNIVERSITY OF ACTING.......

once when shivaji was admitted in a hospital,the doctor who is a fan of shivaji asked about his different portrayals of charecters and from where did he get it.shivaji just got up and walked and talked like that doctor.the doctor is stunned.shivaji smiled and said that he take all these emotions,gimmicks,style from real life personalities...

outstanding!

S.Balaji
28th September 2005, 06:17 PM
Nilavupriyan...

Did you see NAVARATHREE....

Shivaji was complete in this movie.... He got the best opportunity to display his full repertoire.... by displaying in 9 different characters...

God...... the final scene when Shivaji gets married and all except one character will appear and AP. Nagarajan... will show all of them in one shot.... EXTRORDINARY DISPLAY OF ACTING....

One Shivaji will play like an actor..
One will be from Military or Police
One will be a Doctor
One will be a Widower...
One as a thief ( he will die )

Great display of vairiety.....

nilavupriyan
28th September 2005, 06:24 PM
Nilavupriyan...

Did you see NAVARATHREE....
Shivaji was complete in this movie.... He got the best opportunity to display his full repertoire.... by displaying in 9 different characters...

God...... the final scene when Shivaji gets married and all except one character will appear and AP. Nagarajan... will show all of them in one shot.... EXTRORDINARY DISPLAY OF ACTING....

One Shivaji will play like an actor..
One will be from Military or Police
One will be a Doctor
One will be a Widower...
One as a thief ( he will die )

Great display of vairiety.....

my favourite movie of shivaji next to karnan...

that too i liked the charecter of the guy who take revenge against the murderers of his brother...

he says to saavitri.."en thambi summa laddu....laddu maadhiri irupaanma"..excellect diction...

joe
28th September 2005, 08:56 PM
Source : தமிழோவியம்

கவியோவியம்
சிவாஜி கணேசன் - ஒரு சரித்திரம்
-----------------------------------------------

திரையில் நீ சிரிக்கிறாய்,
நாங்கள் குதூகலம் அடைகிறோம்-
நீ துடிக்கிறாய், நாங்கள் பதறுகிறோம்-
நீ சவால் விடுகிறாய், நாங்கள் ஆயத்தம் ஆகிறோம்-
நீ அழுகிறாய், நாங்கள் உடைந்து போகிறோம்.

கை அசைத்து பிரிந்திருந்தால்
பரவாயில்லை....
இதயம் அசைத்து அல்லவா
இளைப்பாற சென்று விட்டாய் ?

உனக்கு கிடைத்த
கைத்தட்டல்கள் எல்லாம்
உயிர் கொடுக்குமென்றுகணக்கிட்டால் கூட...
ஓராயிரம் கோடி ஆண்டுகள்
நீ வாழ்ந்திருப்பாயே?

'வானம் பொழிகிறது'
வசனத்தை பேசிப்பார்க்காமல்
ஒரு தமிழ்மகனாவது
இருந்திருந்தால்...
பாவம், அவனது புலன்களில்
ஏதேனும் பழுதுக்ள் இருந்திருக்கும்!

உன்னை மாதிரி
நடிக்க பழகியே...
இங்குசிலர் நடிகர்களாகி விட்டனர் !

குணத்தளவில் நீ
குழந்தையாக இருந்ததால் தான்
அரசியல்நாகம்
உனனைத் தீண்டிய போது
எஙகளுக்கு விஷம் ஏறியது!

நாங்கள் உன்னைத்தலைவனாய் தான் கொண்டாடினோம்..
அரசியல் தலைவனாய் அல்ல-
குடும்பத்தலைவனாய்!

எங்கள் கலைத்தாயின்
தலைமகனை
கரை வேட்டிகளுக்கும்,
கதர் சட்டைகளுக்கும்
தத்து கொடுப்பதற்கு
நாங்கள் ஒப்புக்கொள்வதாய் இல்லை!!!

'ப்ரிஸ்டிஜ் பத்னாபன்',
'பாரிஸ்டர் ரஜினிகாந்த்',
'சிக்கல் ஷண்முகசுந்தரம்'
என்று கதாப்பாத்திரங்களின் பெயர்கள் கூட
மனப்பாடமாகி
மனசுக்குள் சப்பண்மிட்டு
அமர்ந்து விட்டதே?!

நிஜத்தில் திடீரென
நிகழ்ந்து விட்டால்
தாங்கமுடியாதென்பதால் தான்,
திரைப்படங்களில் இறந்து காட்டி
ஒத்திகை குடுத்தாயோ...?

எது எப்படியோ...
விண்ணுலகில்
அப்பரில் ஆரம்பித்து
கட்டபொம்மன் வரை
உனக்கு நன்றி செலுத்த வேண்டுமாம்-
வரிசை அங்கும்
பெரிசாய்தான் இருக்கிறது....
உனக்கு வந்த இறுதிஊர்வலம் போல்!

- அரூண்

joe
29th September 2005, 11:02 AM
In Veerapandiya Kattabomman..

Jackson :"Un meethu Kutram sumathukiren"

Katta : " Ennaventru?"

Jackson "Eduthuraithaal Kanakkil adangaathu"

katta "Ennikai theriyatha kutram!"

Before the last above line ,Nadigar Thilagam mugaththai sarithu ,uthattai suzhithu kannaal keli pesuvar..hmmm...he must born again to do that.

joe
30th September 2005, 11:55 AM
Tommorow is Nadigar Thilagam's Birthday.

Today ,Singapore FM radio station oli 96.8 gave tribute to nadigar thilagam .From 8.00 am to 9.30 Am ,it was 'Nadigar Thilagam Special' .

It included songs from Nadigar Thilagam movie,Question answers ,audio clips of nadigar thilagam dialogues and interesting information.

Thanks oli 96.8

Hear oli online(24 hours)

http://www.oli.sg

joe
30th September 2005, 08:44 PM
http://cdjm.blogspot.com/2005/09/blog-post.html

joe
1st October 2005, 07:17 AM
Today is Nadigar Thilagam Birthday.

We remember you Nadigar thilagam on this day.

Justice
1st October 2005, 07:49 AM
we pay tribute to the Legend

Today is Nadigar Thilagam Birthday.

We remember you Nadigar thilagam on this day.

S.Balaji
1st October 2005, 10:45 AM
Nadigar Thilagam endrendrum nam idhayathil nirandharamaaga kodi kondulaar...

Salute to the Great University of Acting..

nilavupriyan
1st October 2005, 10:47 AM
Nadigar Thilagam endrendrum nam idhayathil nirandharamaaga kodi kondulaar...

Salute to the Great University of Acting..

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

mr_karthik
1st October 2005, 06:22 PM
EngaL uyir aNNaney.....

yAr sonnathu nee pOi vittAi endRu..?

un padaippugaL engaLidam irukkum varai, nee engaLudan vAzhndhukonde iruppAi.

Shakthiprabha.
1st October 2005, 08:40 PM
Glad to see this thread still thrives.

That shows HOW GREAT ORU SHIVAJI STILL IS (NOT ONLY WAS)

karthik_sa2
1st October 2005, 11:36 PM
yes very heartening to see this thread still a very active one.

yesterday i saw the movie karnan.i was actually kinda stunned in one scene where his<karnan's>father-inlaw riddicules him when karnan comes to his house to take his wife back to his house.wheen his father inlaw keeps laughing at him <romba thenavetta>at one stage sivaji<karnan>turns back and gives a roar.it was something like a real lion.even in the shoots it seems o.a.k thevar who acted as his father in law in that movie got flabbbergasted and forgot his next dialoque on that roar given by sivaji.its a terrrific scene

joe
2nd October 2005, 12:32 PM
உனக்கு தேசிய விருது கிடைக்கவில்லையாம்!

குடகு மலையைக் கடந்தாயா என
இமய மலையைக் கடந்தவனிடம் கேள்வி!

பிரான்சுக்கும் எகிப்துக்கும் தெரிந்த உண்மை -இங்குள்ள
பீஷ்மர்களுக்கு மட்டும் தெரியாதாம்!

சிதம்பரனார் செல்ல மகன்
சினிமா என்பதையும் மறந்து
"ஐயோ அப்பா!" என்றரற்றினாராமே! -இந்த
சிறப்புக்கு முன் ஆஸ்கார் எந்த மூலைக்கு?

விண்ணுலகில் கூட...

சிவனும் ,சிதம்பரனாரும்
கட்டபொம்மனும் ,கர்ணனும்
அப்பரும் ,அம்பிகாபதியும்,
ஜார்ஜ்-ம் ,சாக்ரட்டீசும்

கண்ணாடி பார்ப்பதற்கு பதில்
உன் முன்னாடி தான் நிற்கிறார்களாமே?

(அக்டோபர் 1 - நடிகர் திலகம் பிறந்த நாள்)

http://cdjm.blogspot.com

Scale
2nd October 2005, 12:42 PM
உனக்கு தேசிய விருது கிடைக்கவில்லையாம்!

குடகு மலையைக் கடந்தாயா என
இமய மலையைக் கடந்தவனிடம் கேள்வி! - marana adi

பிரான்சுக்கும் எகிப்துக்கும் தெரிந்த உண்மை -இங்குள்ள
பீஷ்மர்களுக்கு மட்டும் தெரியாதாம்! - :hammer:

சிதம்பரனார் செல்ல மகன்
சினிமா என்பதையும் மறந்து
சிறப்புக்கு முன் ஆஸ்கார் எந்த மூலைக்கு? - ithu enakku puriya villai. can someone ellaborate

விண்ணுலகில் கூட...

சிவனும் ,சிதம்பரனாரும்
கட்டபொம்மனும் ,கர்ணனும்
அப்பரும் ,அம்பிகாபதியும்,
ஜார்ஜ்-ம் ,சாக்ரட்டீசும்

கண்ணாடி பார்ப்பதற்கு பதில்
உன் முன்னாடி தான் நிற்கிறார்களாமே?

(அக்டோபர் 1 - நடிகர் திலகம் பிறந்த நாள்)

http://cdjm.blogspot.com

:thumbsup: :clap:

joe
2nd October 2005, 01:03 PM
//சிதம்பரனார் செல்ல மகன்
சினிமா என்பதையும் மறந்து
சிறப்புக்கு முன் ஆஸ்கார் எந்த மூலைக்கு? - ithu enakku puriya villai. can someone ellaborate
//
Scale,
While watching 'Kappalottiya thamizhan' movie ,V.O.Chidambaranar's son unconsiously shouted "Ayyo appa" and later he admitted he has seen his father through nadigar thilagam's face and action.

Scale
2nd October 2005, 02:57 PM
//சிதம்பரனார் செல்ல மகன்
சினிமா என்பதையும் மறந்து
//
Scale,
While watching 'Kappalottiya thamizhan' movie ,V.O.Chidambaranar's son unconsiously shouted "Ayyo appa" and later he admitted he has seen his father through nadigar thilagam's face and action.

Thanks Joe! Indeed its a great achievement for an artist performing on screen. For his Every Action there is always an equal and opposite reaction.

personally, antha oscarnra vaarthaiyai thavirthirukkalam. mathathellam sattai adi.

hi
14th October 2005, 07:52 AM
My All-time fav shivaji sir's movies

- Pudhiya Paravai (nice thriller)
- Paalum Pazhamum
- Paar Magale Paar (esp i like the song Neerodum )
- Mudhal Mariyadhai :thumbsup:
- Deiva Magan :clap:
- Savale Samali (Esp the song Nilavai Parthu Vanam sonadhu)
- Karanan (Last scene :cry: )

-.....more to list..he is really a legend :D :D :thumbsup:

karthik_sa2
14th October 2005, 10:39 PM
joe
can u pls visit this thread and post ur opinion.
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4916

Shakthiprabha.
16th October 2005, 05:26 PM
Shivaji's fav movies...

1. Thiruvilaiyadal
2. Vietnam veedu
3. puthiya paravai
4. Galatta kalyanam
5. Navarathiri
6. Vasantha maligai
7. Muthal mariyathai
8. Karnan
9. Ambikapathi
10.pava mannippu
11.Bharatha vilas
12.Raja rishi
13.Uthama puthran (yaaradi nee mohini...WHOA WHAT A SONG!!)
14.Antha naaL
15.Kappalottiya thamizhan
16.Paasa malar
17.Kavari maan
18.AaalayamaNi

Scale
17th October 2005, 12:15 AM
Nadigar Thilagam sivaji pics from DVD (B&W)

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=234579#234579

Awesome :thumbsup: Grab it!

njv
17th October 2005, 02:47 AM
I cant imagine a movie by Sivaji which I didnt like. Even in some of the bad ones, he will do his level best, just like KH. One of the best that I would like to see any time is Devar Magan, specially the scene where son and father argue about starting a restaurant and I dont see Sivaji / Kh there, I just see father-son.

It is so sad that the govt didnt give that many awards. I think Sivaji, IR, KH & early Rajni movies deserve more national awards than any body else.

Scale

Your posting about Sivaji picture from DVDs gave me inspiration for something else. Lets see I have enough bandwidth to do that!

mr_karthik
17th October 2005, 12:59 PM
Shivaji's fav movies...

1. Thiruvilaiyadal
2. Vietnam veedu
3. puthiya paravai
4. Galatta kalyanam
5. Navarathiri
6. Vasantha maligai
7. Muthal mariyathai
8. Karnan
9. Ambikapathi
10.pava mannippu
11.Bharatha vilas
12.Raja rishi
13.Uthama puthran (yaaradi nee mohini...WHOA WHAT A SONG!!)
14.Antha naaL
15.Kappalottiya thamizhan
16.Paasa malar
17.Kavari maan
18.AaalayamaNi
I surprise how you forget,

VeerapAndiya Kattabomman
PAlum pazhamum
ThillAnA MohanAbAL
RajapArt Rangadurai
Thangapathakkam
RAman Yethanai RAmanadi
Babu
GnAna oli
Gowravam
Dheiva Magan

Shakthiprabha.
20th October 2005, 03:48 PM
I surprise how you forget,

VeerapAndiya Kattabomman
PAlum pazhamum
ThillAnA MohanAbAL
RajapArt Rangadurai
Thangapathakkam
RAman Yethanai RAmanadi
Babu
GnAna oli
Gowravam
Dheiva Magan

I did not forget.. I JUST STOPPED MYSELF WITH 18 films :))

I like LOTS OF HIS old movies too like....

1. thookuth thookki
2. Raaja Raani (socrates dialogues are too good)
3. Makkalaip petra maharaasi
4. Annai illam

Recently I saw a movie 'THUNAI' (co-cast radha, saritha, suresh).

Good story which talks about WIDOWER problems.

Shakthiprabha.
6th November 2005, 06:07 PM
May it be the thread
or our legend's memories
we Can never let it die..

()

Reviving this thread.

Salutations to the great actor.

saradhaa_sn
7th November 2005, 06:09 PM
'Deiva Magan' is very fentastic movie and evergreen. When three Shivaji comes in the scene, there is a punch dialogue, before the third Shivaji (Vijay) enter in the room.

Shankar (dad): Un peyar ennappa..?

Kannan (first son): Kannan - neenga solli naan therinjikka vendiya peyarai, ippo naan solli neenga purinjikka vendiyirukku.

(another dialogue)

Kannan: "Appa... naan ippadi avalatchanamaa irukkirathukku kaaranamey neengathaanu therinjum yempa ennai verutheenga?. Unga appavum ungalai appadithaan ninaichaaraa?...illai... sathiyamaa illai. Yenna, unga appa yezhai. adhanaal avarukku idhayam irundhathu, adula irakkam irundhathu. Aanaa enga appa panakaarar. Avar kitta irumbu petti mattumthaan irukku."

Raghu
7th November 2005, 06:17 PM
still nothing beats Dr.Shivaji sir's karnan,

tacinema
7th November 2005, 09:12 PM
'Deiva Magan' is one awesome movie, that every budding actor must watch. Uththama Puthiran is another classic, evergreen; First time, I believe, Villain Sivaji was more popular than the hero....

vasanthkv
7th November 2005, 10:09 PM
'Deiva Magan' is very fentastic movie and evergreen. When three Shivaji comes in the scene, there is a punch dialogue, before the third Shivaji (Vijay) enter in the room.

Shankar (dad): Un peyar ennappa..?

Kannan (first son): Kannan - neenga solli naan therinjikka vendiya peyarai, ippo naan solli neenga purinjikka vendiyirukku.

(another dialogue)

Kannan: "Appa... naan ippadi avalatchanamaa irukkirathukku kaaranamey neengathaanu therinjum yempa ennai verutheenga?. Unga appavum ungalai appadithaan ninaichaaraa?...illai... sathiyamaa illai. Yenna, unga appa yezhai. adhanaal avarukku idhayam irundhathu, adula irakkam irundhathu. Aanaa enga appa panakaarar. Avar kitta irumbu petti mattumthaan irukku."That was awesome!! Thank you very much for reminding us....

mr_karthik
8th November 2005, 01:17 PM
Movie: KARNAN
Song: Iravum Nilavum VaLarattumE
Lyric: :"Kaviyarasar"
Music: "Mellisai MannargaL"
Camera: V.Ramamoorthy
Direction: B.R.Bandhulu

"Karnan" one of the best evergreen movie, not only in my heart, but most of the cine watchers. Such a well taken movie with huge star value. Shivaji, Devika, Muthuraman, Asokan, Savithri, NTR, Rajamma, Sandhiya, Rukmani, O.A.K.Thevar, V.S.ragavan, Jawar Seethraman, Shanmuga Sundaram.... oh the list goes like monkey's tail.

Thre are totally 13 songs, out of them only one duet for TMS and P.Suseela, starring Shivaji and Devika (a perfect 'jodi' in that period). That is 'Iravaum Nilavum Valarattume' which is the one always sung by most of the present orchestras, and participates one of the best songs for several V.I.Ps, who never forget to mention this in their interviews in TV channels.

This song was shooted in a famous temple in Karnataka state (I am not sure whether it is in Belur or Helebid, therindhavargaL sollalAm). Later on there were somany songs were shooted in that temple, for example 'sollAmalE yAr pArththathu' in poovE unakkAga)

Song 'iravum nilavum' endru irundhAlum kooda, adhai night effectil edukkirEn endRu B.R.Bandhulu 'adhigapirasingithanam' ellaam seyyavillai. CleanAga day effectilEyE eduthiruppAr. Enna oru viseshamnA, shadow vizhAdha aLavukku cloudy weatherla eduthiruppAr.

Indha paadalil Devika patRi kandippAga solliyE Aga vEndum. AhA... enna azhagu, enna oru kaLai superO super. indha pAttukku munnAl 'kaNgaL engE' pAdalilum romba azhagAga iruppAr (yEn padam muzhukkathAn). Shivajiyum avarum aRimugam Agum first sceneil, mirandu Odiya kutiraigaLai adakki avarai kAppAtRi, oru pARaiyil padukka vaiththu thanneer thLeiththu mayakkam theera vaippAr Shivaji. Mayakkam theLindhathum sattendRu ezhundhu Shivajiyai oru naanam kalandha pArvai pArppAr pArunga... ayyo, andRaiya youth ellAm seththE poyippAnga. (indRaikku naam mattum ennavAm).

Meendum pAdalukku varigindrEn.....

'Iravum Nilavum' pAdalil iruvarukkum dress romba arumaiyAga irukkum. Viswanathan Ramamoorthyin isai patRi solla vendumA?. pinni eduthiruppAnga ('Karnan' padthin pAdalgaL mostly HindusthAni, not karnatic nu solluvAnga, rAga specialist S.Balaji will clarify this doubt).

Starting with heavy violin prelude, followed by flute and continued by saarangi, then with the sweet humming of Isaiyarasi PS and then start the pallavi by PS. Then 'Gambeera kuralOn' TMS will follow the pallavi "Tharavum peRavum uthvattumE...nam thanimai sugangaL peRugattmE"..... Interlude music Veenai, Naadhaewaram, Clarinet, thabelA ellAm ondROdu ondRu pOtti pOttukkondu nam sevigaLukku virundhu padaikkum.

Indha pAdalai ennudaiya grandson kaalathil kooda virumbi kEtpArgaL. AnAl indRaiya pAdalgaLai....??? (sorry, vEndAm. nAn Saradha madam mAdhiri adi vAnga thayArAga illai).

PAdalin idaiyil Devikha nadanam aadikondE pogumbOthu, Shivaji neenda dhooram continuity mArAmal nadandhu pOvAr pArunga. Nichayam adhai oru singam (Lion) pArthAl, thannudaiya 'kutti' singathidam solliyirukkum "AdhO avar nadandhu pOraar pArthiya?. adhai nallA pArthukkO. Nee vaLarndhathum idhEy pOlathAn nadakkanum".

My God.... what a movie... what a song...

Shakthiprabha.
8th November 2005, 01:52 PM
PAdalin idaiyil Devikha nadanam aadikondE pogumbOthu, Shivaji neenda dhooram continuity mArAmal nadandhu pOvAr pArunga. Nichayam adhai oru singam (Lion) pArthAl, thannudaiya 'kutti' singathidam solliyirukkum "AdhO avar nadandhu pOraar pArthiya?. adhai nallA pArthukkO. Nee vaLarndhathum idhEy pOlathAn nadakkanum".

My God.... what a movie... what a song...

romba romba romba anubavithu ezhuthirukkeenga :).

I loved the movie for the philosophical touch of mahabaratha and the climax song, well portrayed by great SHIVAJI. I remember, after I watched the movie, I was dumbstruck for almost an hour or so, drawn into deep musings of life, its mishaps, life after death, etc.

My grandma as my mom says used to love this song for its music, meawning and shivaji's, n.t.r's performance.

Dutifully my mom followed it and passed it on to me too.

OH HOW I LOVE THIS SONG...

uLLathil naLLA uLLam urangaathenpathu
vaLLAvan vaguthathada
karNa....
varuvathai ethirkoLLAda

thaaikku nee mahanillai
thambikku annan illai
oor pazhi Etraiyada
Naaanum...
un pazhi kondEnada...
karna...
un pazhi kondenada..

senjotruk kadan theerka
seraatha idam sernthu
vanjathil veezhdayada
karna...
vanjagan kaNNAnada
karna..
vanjagan kaNNanada..

Mannavar paniyerkum
kannanum pani seyya
unnadi panivaanada
karna ...
mannithu arulvaayada..
karna..
mannithu arulvaayada..

()

What lyrics!!!!! SPELLBOUND .

The could only see KARNA, the character, mishaps in his life, his fame, his shame, his name. PERIOD.

Where was shivaji in that movie?????????????????????? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Raghu
8th November 2005, 03:56 PM
Hi Shakthi,

That song , Shivaji Sir's awsome performance, and last but least the PHILOSOPHY behind this , made me weep a lot, still when ever i hear the song, I get tears in my eyes

Shakthiprabha.
8th November 2005, 04:59 PM
me too @ raghu.

Raghu
8th November 2005, 07:40 PM
Not to mention Dr.S.Goviderajan's excellent singing of that song, I also love that Dr.PBS song in that, and of course the greatest song

'Aayiram karanghal koope', what an excellent song, it sent shivers down my spine, i get all spiritual feelings when i watch these scenes

Shakthiprabha.
8th November 2005, 08:27 PM
me too @ raghu.

Sirgazhi's voice.. just drives the spiritual touch RIGHT INTO US.

What a classic!

karthik_sa2
8th November 2005, 10:27 PM
OH HOW I LOVE THIS SONG...

uLLathil naLLA uLLam urangaathenpathu
vaLLAvan vaguthathada
karNa....
varuvathai ethirkoLLAda

thaaikku nee mahanillai
thambikku annan illai
oor pazhi Etraiyada
Naaanum...
un pazhi kondEnada...
karna...
un pazhi kondenada..

senjotruk kadan theerka
seraatha idam sernthu
vanjathil veezhdayada
karna...
vanjagan kaNNAnada
karna..
vanjagan kaNNanada..

Mannavar paniyerkum
kannanum pani seyya
unnadi panivaanada
karna ...
mannithu arulvaayada..
karna..
mannithu arulvaayada..

()

What lyrics!!!!! SPELLBOUND .

yes wonderful song.great composition too by vishvanathan ramamurty.its composed in a raag called "aahir bhairav".its a melting raaga. ofcourse karnan is a classic.after seeing sivaji acting in that movie,i wondered even nijamana karnan evalo veeramaa irrundhirapaaranu sandhaegam dhaan.

Sanguine Sridhar
8th November 2005, 11:20 PM
Karanan.. was an oscar performance by Shivaji sir...That too climax..Great.But Karanan was a flop movie reason was that People potrayed Karnan as a worst soul..and they couldn accept when he was shown as hero in that movie

malligai
9th November 2005, 12:32 AM
yesss..i love 'Karnan' too.....one of my all-time favorites...

Shivaji just blends in that role...like no one else could have... :)

my next favorite movie of Shivaji is Thilaana Moganambaal...

such a Great Actor....

Shakthiprabha.
9th November 2005, 07:04 PM
Malligai yup. Thanks for remiding thillana mohanambal.
Amazing movie based on a tamizh novel.

In the foll scene, padmini would find out that shivaji is after all intersted in her. She would still adamantly pretend, that shez pomp, and would try to stop him from going to malaysia by sheerly intriguing and provoking him to respond to her open challenge.

The facial expression of pomp-padmini and ego-hurt shivaji would be a SIGHT TO WATCH.

padmini: enga oodareenga....
shivaji: yaaaru yaaru oduraanga
padmini: pinnE en malayaaaavukku odareengalaam
padmini: parkalaama
shivaji: paarkalaam (with peak anger)
padmini: parkalaam (with egoistic face)

I kinda forgot the exact lines though.

P_R
9th November 2005, 07:51 PM
PeriyorgaLE, enakku sabayila pEsi pazakkam illai. En manasula pattadha solluren. sathiyama... ngopparaana solrEn indha naattiya ulagilEya namma mohana oru mEdhaingiradha naan othukkurEn.

I don't recall the lines exactly. But one must see to believe the stage fear shown and unsureness by the Sivaji (!)

Particularly the intonation when he starts off with Ngoppuraana is extremely classy. Sikkalaar is one of his best roles.

tacinema
9th November 2005, 08:53 PM
In thillana mohanambal, the best scene is the train scene.. can any one narrate this scene? Especially dialogue between Balaiah and Padmini's mom (i dont know her name)...

hi
10th November 2005, 08:39 AM
Nalanthana song frm Thillana Mohanambal

shivaji expression is awesome :clap:

r_un2001
10th November 2005, 11:07 AM
REMO character did by shivaji in 'DEIVAMAGAN' itself,
AMBHI character was from 'VIYATNAM VEEDU' and
ANNIYAN character is all kamal thatha's INDIAN. 8-)

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 11:20 AM
REMO character did by shivaji in 'DEIVAMAGAN' itself,
AMBHI character was from 'VIYATNAM VEEDU' 8-)

and...he did all this and much more in NAVARATHIRI.

Surya
10th November 2005, 11:21 AM
Shakthiprabha,
R u an archie fan?

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 11:22 AM
Navarathri reminds me of the LAST SCENE, when he sees savithri back.

NO TALKS. NO DIALOGUES, NO QUESTIONS. They would quietly stare at each other to hug, laugh and finally hit each other crazily.

AMAZING scene and well performed by both shivaji and savithri.

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 11:38 AM
Shakthiprabha,
R u an archie fan?

oh yeah yeah YEAH. I thought my avtar would talk for it. :shock:

Surya
10th November 2005, 11:41 AM
I love archie too!! :D :D Do they still have the TV series on Star TV in India? They did when I visited last year.

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 11:48 AM
I LOVE archie comics. I am told they are telecasting in CARTOON NETWORK on saturdays.

I dont know bout star-tv serial u are talkin bout. I think, archies as cartoons are much better.Its ridiculous when they try to give life and mess it around. I was told its a big flop when done as a tele-serial.

'Sabrina the witch'too was made into a serial. I used to watch it in hindi/english. Tht was tolerable.

Surya
10th November 2005, 11:51 AM
They used to broadcast it on * TV I think, maybe not anymore.

I'm also a diehard fan of TINTN! :thumbsup: They tried making that into a cartoon also....sucks!!

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 11:57 AM
cartoon is kinda ok . I mean tintin. I LIKE TINTIN TOO.
I love asterix MORE THAN tintin though. I cant help laughing hard for the BARD :grin:

Surya
10th November 2005, 11:58 AM
I haven't read Asterix.

My fav parts in TNTN are the conversations between Haddok and Calculas. :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 12:10 PM
yup captain's conversations are always lively.

I am laughing like mad here, to think ppl are gonna open SHIVAJI'S thread to find the remotest connection between shivaji, ASTERIX AND ARCHIES :rotfl:

Surya
10th November 2005, 12:13 PM
:lol: Thats right!! :lol:

Sorry for the digression guys!! :lol:

r_un2001
10th November 2005, 12:14 PM
HEY THAT WAS WONDERFUL SCENE IN TAMIL CINEMA EVER....NO WORDS FOR ME TO SAY...........ALL MY WORRY IS HE DIDNT GET ANY NATIONAL AWARD. MGR GOT FOR 'RIKSHA KARAN'. :evil: UNMAYAI MARAITHA POIGAL!!! BAD POLITICS!!! :evil:
NOTE: MARLON BRANDO STUNNED SEEING HIS ACTING AND CALLED HIM FOR A DINNER.

NO TALKS. NO DIALOGUES, NO QUESTIONS. They would quietly stare at each other to hug, laugh and finally hit each other crazily.

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 12:18 PM
HEY THAT WAS WONDERFUL SCENE IN TAMIL CINEMA EVER....NO WORDS FOR ME TO SAY...........ALL MY WORRY IS HE DIDNT GET ANY NATIONAL AWARD. MGR GOT FOR 'RIKSHA KARAN'. :evil: UNMAYAI MARAITHA POIGAL!!! BAD POLITICS!!! :evil:
NOTE: MARLON BRANDO STUNNED SEEING HIS ACTING AND CALLED HIM FOR A DINNER.

yup every body has spoken enough bout this. ITS A DISGRACE for national awards NOT TO HAVE RECOGNISED HIm.

saradhaa_sn
10th November 2005, 01:16 PM
Karanan.. was an oscar performance by Shivaji sir...That too climax..Great.But Karanan was a flop movie reason was that People potrayed Karnan as a worst soul..and they couldn accept when he was shown as hero in that movie
Dear Beckham..

I cant accept your reason. Because, another great movie 'KAPPALOTTIYA THAMIZHAN' was also defeated by 'Taayai Kaaththa Thanayan'. Do you accept freedom fight VOC also a worst soul..?. Now nobody will tell TKThanayan is a better movie than 'K.Thamizhan'.

The sad reason for this mis-result is, many times Tamil audience selected movies to watch, not on basis of 'Real talent' but on 'Charisma'.

Raghu
10th November 2005, 04:34 PM

Dear Beckham

Dude, Karnan is POTRAYED as MAHA ATMA, , Lord Krishna had the HIGHEST respect for him than any other warriors in the EPIC, KARNAN means KODAI VALLAL, KARNAN was far better WARRIOR than any including pithama Bhismar, pls go through my thread 'The greates epic - Mahabharath' , we have discussed Kara the NOBLE many many times

If Karnan was a FLOP movie, i feel really pity and disgusted abt the mentality , ignorance and empty heads of the audience!

sorry guys, back to Topic

It is a DISGRACE that actors who can't act for nuts like MGR given PadmaBhushan awards, together with National awards and LEGENDARY ACTING DICTIONARY like DR.SHIVAJI Sir has not been, shame on these fools

Surya
10th November 2005, 04:50 PM
Karnan wasn't a flop. It was a hit. :)

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 06:35 PM
It is a DISGRACE that actors who can't act for nuts like MGR given PadmaBhushan awards, together with National awards and LEGENDARY ACTING DICTIONARY like DR.SHIVAJI Sir has not been, shame on these fools

:( Though I have high regard for him otherwise, I cant but FIERCELY agree with u that MGR could never be, in any sense, considered a good actor at all.

S.Balaji
10th November 2005, 09:29 PM

Dear Beckham

Dude, Karnan is POTRAYED as MAHA ATMA, , Lord Krishna had the HIGHEST respect for him than any other warriors in the EPIC, KARNAN means KODAI VALLAL, KARNAN was far better WARRIOR than any including pithama Bhismar, pls go through my thread 'The greates epic - Mahabharath' , we have discussed Kara the NOBLE many many times

If Karnan was a FLOP movie, i feel really pity and disgusted abt the mentality , ignorance and empty heads of the audience!

sorry guys, back to Topic

What Raghu...

Enna Mahabarath thread fever is still with you :o .. Cool down mate....
Just pulling your legs..

Beckham....

Karnan was one of the highly respected characters in Mahabaratha.... for various reasons ....for his friendship with duryodhanan despite knowing that he is a pandava...
Karna was known for his dharma......
Karna was known for his archery.....

Plenty to write on karna...

Pl read the thread on Mahabaratha and you will get more infor on karna...

DIgression end....

Raghu
10th November 2005, 09:53 PM
What Raghu...

Enna Mahabarath thread fever is still with you :o .. Cool down mate....
Just pulling your legs..

Balaji anNe, :D

That reply was cool one, i was not at all replying in an angry way, it is just i used capital letters to prove a point, sorry Beckam, If I have offended you, sorry :(

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 10:39 PM
WHY DO PPL FIND bold/caps as rude or anger?

I always think its for stressing :cry:

joe
11th November 2005, 08:12 AM
Karan was 100 days movie..But it is consider failiure because it was a high budget movie.

But it is one of the movies which run very well from second release and till now.

joe
11th November 2005, 08:13 AM
VCDs and DVDs of Karnan is one of the best selling ..I too bought a DVD recently in singapore

tacinema
11th November 2005, 09:18 PM
Comedy is a serious business. Sivaji is as good in comedy role as in other character roles. Let us all discuss about his full-length comedy movies.

I can list some of them here:

1. Kalyanam Panniym Brahmachari - with TR Ramachandran
2. Sabhash Meena - with Chandra Babu
3. Arivaali - with Thanga Velu
4. Bale Pandya - with MR Radha
5. Galatta Kalyanam - with Nagesh
6. Anjal Petti 520 - again with Nagesh and Thengai Seenivasan??
Lots of others......

With this list, you can see Sivaji has acted with almost all major Comedians at the time. Still, he gave an outstanding performance and very versatile!

I am not including Deiva Magan in this list, but his comedy (younger sivaji) with Nagesh is outstanding and hilarious.

Let us discuss more on this.

saradhaa_sn
12th November 2005, 11:39 AM
Comedy is a serious business. Sivaji is as good in comedy role as in other character roles. Let us all discuss about his full-length comedy movies.

I can list some of them here:

1. Kalyanam Panniym Brahmachari - with TR Ramachandran
2. Sabhash Meena - with Chandra Babu
3. Arivaali - with Thanga Velu
4. Bale Pandya - with MR Radha
5. Galatta Kalyanam - with Nagesh
6. Anjal Petti 520 - again with Nagesh and Thengai Seenivasan??
Lots of others......

With this list, you can see Sivaji has acted with almost all major Comedians at the time. Still, he gave an outstanding performance and very versatile!

I am not including Deiva Magan in this list, but his comedy (younger sivaji) with Nagesh is outstanding and hilarious.

Let us discuss more on this.
Add some more to the list:

7. Ooty Varai Uravu
8. Sumathi En Sundhari
9. Moondru Dheivangal

all fulltime comedy series.

Shakthiprabha.
12th November 2005, 01:03 PM
Arivali

was based on the drama 'Taming of the shrew' by shakespeare :grin:. I am sure everybody knows. Bhanumathi, also known for her humour and sarcasm paired with shivaji to make it a TREAT.

WONDERFUL MUST-WATCH movie.

S.Balaji
12th November 2005, 03:34 PM
tacinema and Sarooojiii,

In the comedy movies list pls add the movie SELVAM...also.... SVRangarao at his best......though theme was serious the movie was all fun...

S.Balaji
12th November 2005, 03:37 PM
Sarooojiii,

WHen I mentioned about the movie SELVAM...I know that you are going to celebrate with joy about the name....for various reasons...!!

Bye

Justice
12th November 2005, 05:13 PM
I watched Bandham, what a movie that made me cry :cry: . Shalini in the film dies, :cry:

S.Balaji
12th November 2005, 05:31 PM
Justice....

You should also see the movie.... ANBULLA APPA....

Nadigar thilagam with the beautiful.... Nadhiya....

Great exhibition of father daughter love and affection.....

THis movie will totally focus on two characters ...that of Shivaji and Nadhiya and rest were all just supporting characters...

Shivaji at his best.....even in the evening of his great career..

Justice
12th November 2005, 06:00 PM
of course, I'd watch it.

Bandham, still in my eyes, what a movie.
the song yaanai kathai cannot be explained with poor words
Sivaji and Shalini's acting, WOW

throughout the movie, both of them keep us alive, and when Shalini dies, we are down. wonder how she acted that well, but acting alongside sivaji will set the fire 8-)

Justice....

You should also see the movie.... ANBULLA APPA....

mr_karthik
12th November 2005, 07:40 PM
Movie: Rajapart Rangadurai
Song : AMMAMMA... THAMBI ENDRU NAMBI
Lyric: "Kaviyarasar"
Music : "Mellisai Mannar"
Singer : "Kural Viththagar"
Starring: "Nadigar Thilagam"
Camera : P.N.Sundaram
Producer: V.C.GuganAthan
Direction: P.Madhavan

Whenever I want to write about a great song, my mind automatically jump to 'Nadigar Thilagam' Shivaji's songs. The one I selected now, definitely will be a favourite of most of the Tamil cinema fans.

The song "AmmammA thambi endru nambi" has two versions, one in the beginning of the movie, when Rangadurai and his brother and sister are small boys, and it was written as a patriotic song. The second one (which we are going to discuss now) is mingled with the personal life of Rangadurai. Indha pAdalil(vazhakkam pola) Kannadasan, MSV, TMS, Shivaji... ellOrum neeyA nAnA pArkkalAm endRu pOtti pOduvArgaL. AdhanAl nammakku innum oru virundhu.

This story has a heavy storylined subject, telling the struggling for day-to-day life of a Drama Artist Rangadurai. (adikkadi thiraiyil pArkAtha vidhyAsamAna story). Oru pakkam ChellamAga valarththa thannudaiya thambi (Sreekanth) thAnAgavE oru panakkAra pennai maNandhu kondu nirandharamAga pirindhu pOi vitta sOgam. Innoru pakkam chellamAga vaLarththa thangai (Jaya), thannudaiya maamiyAr (C.K.Saraswathi) matRum kaNavanAl (Sasikumar) veettai vittu viratti adikkappatta vEdhanai.

Indha nEraththilthAn innoru idiyAga, thangaiyin kanavanukku innoru pennai thirumanam seyya iruppathAga aRindhu Rangadurai (Shivaji) maNam udinadhu pOvAr (through an invitation from brides father, who is already a friend for Rangadurai, but does not know that groom already got married with Shivaji's sister). Shivaji will torn that invitation and throw. But, without his notice, his sister Seetha (Jaya) will collect and join them and get shocked to know her husband is going for second marriage. She tell his brother:

"AnnA...enakku orE oru AsaithAn annA. Chinna annanai pArkka AsaiyA irukku. azhaichikittu vAngannA".

When he was waiting in T.K.Bagavathy's (brother's mAmanAr) house, His brother (Sreekanth) and his modern wife (Kumari padmini) come from Table-Tennis court. On seeing his brother, Rangadurai expects one of these question:
"AnnA...neengaLA..eppa vandheenga?" (with affection)
(or)
"AnnA... ingE yEn vandheenga?" (with anger).
But Sreekanth asks
"YAr Neenga?". Thambiyin indha kELviyil Shivaji appadiyE noRungi pOvAr.

When he decided to leave from there, Sreekanth's father-in-law T.K.Bagavathy, knowing he is a drama actor, compells him to sing a song for him. Shivaji will take the two Table Tennis rackets from the teapoy, using as 'thALam' and start his song, with old pallavi, which he sang with his brother and sister for begging in the train.

"AmmammA thambi endRu nambi avan unnai vaLarthAn
thAi endRum thandhai endRum thanni ninaithAn
avan unakkAga vAzhndha uLLam allavo"

each word in the thogaiyarA will be a power packed one, describing his previous and present life of Rangadurai.

"Kaiyil vaiththu kAthirundhAl kAladiyil kAthirukkum
nandRi mikka nAigaL uLLa nAdu
idhil sondhamindRi bandhamindRi, vandha vazhi ninaivumindRi
piLLaigaLum piRandhirukkum veedu"

then he put thALam with the table tennis racket... wow what a natural (pAvi mavanE, engayyA kathikittE idhellAm), then continue the charanam:

"Rama nAdagathil moondRu thambigaLin uLLam kandEnE
nalla BhArathathil nAlu thambigaLai nAnum kandEnE
adhu nAdagamA....idhu nAdagamA...
ingu nAn kAnum vEshangaL konjamallavE
nAn idhu pondRa vEshathil vandhathillaiyE"

In next charanam, he will narrate the story about her sister who came back from her husband, permenantly.

"thangai ennum iLaiya kandRu thAi veedu vandhadhendRu
ennudaiya nAdagathil kAtchi
avaL koNdavanai pirindhu vandhu kOlam kondu niRpadhanai
kaNdadhaRku innoruvan sAtchi"

Again thALam with tennis bat, with very closeup in three differetn angle.

"kaNNil neer peruga seethai nindRa nilai kannil therigiRathu
aNNan koNda thuyar thambi latchumanan nenjil vizhugirathu
adhu pAsamanRO... idhu vEshamndRO....
avan rAjAthi rAjanukku piLLai allavO
indha rAjapArt rangadurai yEzhai allavo"

adhu eppadi, verum paththu varigaLukkuL andha situation muzhuvathaiyum, adhuvum purAna idhigAsa mErkOLgaLudan, indha KannadAsan kondu vandhAr...?. Thatswhy still we are talking about him, and life long........

It is just an indoor song, that too Shivaji acts by just sitting in the sofa. But Camera will roll in various angles with crane shots. Sreekanth will stand on top of the stairs, Kumari Padmini will stand in one corner. Bagavathy sitting opposite to Shivaji. Camera covers all. In the meantime too much close-up shots for Shivaji. P.Madhavan and P.N.Sundaram shooted with perfect lighting and super close-ups. (No surprise, both of them moulded by the great Sreedhar).

After shivaji left from there, Bagavathy will tell "Idhu Rangadurai vAzhkaiyil nadandha kathaiyO allathu nadandhukittu irukkiRa kadhaiyO, andha AndavanukkuthAn theriyum".

One of the memorable songs, evergreen and worthwatching.

tacinema
13th November 2005, 09:22 AM
Karthik,
there is another wonderful song in Rajapaat Rangadurai.... Madana maligayil, Mandira.....A great treat to watch his performance

S.Balaji
13th November 2005, 02:46 PM
tacinema....

madhana maaligayil.... yes .... is a lovely song....which will come as a big relief in that movie.... as ...otherwise....the entire movie will be full of challenges for a nadaga kalaignar.......rajapart........

MSV explained once about this song......

The tune was liked by an office boy who supplied tea to MSV and while MSV was composing the tune.... the boy came in and he pointed out to MSV that this tune is nice....

and MSV further finetuned it....with improvisation....like...when TMS sings madhana maaligai.... PS will continue with...Madhana maaligayil....

Then TMS....mandhira maalaigalaa... followed by PS.... mandhira maalaigalaa....

and it goes on.......

I think its a dream song for Shivaji with Usha Nandini...

saradhaa_sn
13th November 2005, 06:28 PM
Dear Karthik, superb writing about the song "Ammammaa thamni endru nambi". It is one of the very hit song and evergreen even now to hear and to watch.

After the song finished, Shivaji will return home, without showing his sadness to his sister Jaya (an actress with childish face and innocent smile). She will ask :"Annaa, chinna annan varalaiyaa?"

Shivaji will reply with happy mood (but sad in heart): "Adhai yemmaa ketkire... ennai paarththadhum odi vandhu ennai kattikittu 'annaa eppadi irukeenga, thangachi eppadi irukkaa, anni eppadi irukkaanga' appadeennu paasaththai kottinaan. Andha neram paarththu avanudaiya maamanaar vandhu business vishayamaa velinaadu poganumnu sollittaar. Unmaiyil thambikku velinaadu poga ishtam illai. Ungalaiyellaam paarkanumnuthaan aasai. Naanthaan paraviylle, poyittu vaapaa. Thangachiyaiyum anniyaiyum appuram paarthukkalaamnu solli anuppitten" (then casualaaga Jayavidam) "ammaadi konjam coffee kondu vaa"

After jaya left from there, Usha Nandhini will aks Shivaji: "Yenga, unga thmabi ungalai romba avamaana paduthittaaraa?. Unga kannileye theriyuthey".

Suddenly Shivaji's face will turn with sad expression: "Avamaana paduthiyindhaa kooda naan thaangikittu iruppen Alamelu. Aanaa avan ennai yaarunne theriyaatha maadhiri nadichittaan Alamelu" closing his mouth with the towel and cry.

(Andha manidharudaiya padangalai paarkumbothu thaan endru illai, avarai patri ezhuthumbothu kooda kanneer varugirathu. Ayyo, andha 2001 July 21, vandhirukkavey vendaam).

tacinema
14th November 2005, 12:47 AM
Saradhaa,

Great. Beautiful narration. You have an awesome collection of Sivaji movies, dialogue by dialogue. Sivaji looks very handsome in Madana maaligail song. Another song I like is "ponmagal vanthal" from Sorgam.. he looks great in that song.

S.Balaji
22nd November 2005, 08:04 PM
[tscii:446f686908]When it comes to perfection…..or someone to be certified as a PERFECTIONIST…it should be none other than Nadigar Thilagam only…..( the other one who comes closer could be Ulaga naayagan Kamal )
Countless number of roles that Shivaji had played ….were all with perfection…but somehow I am fascinated since my school days…by seeing the role of a Doctor in Paalum Pazamum…. There are several traits that a Doctor normally possess….absolute professionalism, warmth, kind heartedness….gentle…..mild approach…..
Shivaji exhibited all the traits of a Doctor in this movie….
Like …going for morning rounds along with nurse and fellow staff….having a courtesy chat with the patients….casually browsing the chart of every patient and giving instructions to the Doctors who follow him….
Or for that matter….showing utmost respect for the Senior Doctor ( Nagaiyah the veteran ) while talking to him…..
Or for that matter while coming across Sarojadevi for the first time… showing a gentle surprise reaction and appreciation for her timely support and quick understanding of an issue….
Or for that matter …even in the beginning of the movie…when SV Subbaiah and Balaiyah ( who will bring him up in life….the movie will briefly touch Shivaji as somewhat an orphan but was nurtured by Subbaih’s family ) and for all the praises heaped on him..Shivaji will respond well by saying that its all due to the care they had taken to guide him…that he has reached this level in life… etc etc..
Or for that matter the love and affection that he pours on his brother Prem Nazir ( absolutely handsome personality …someone who can really compete with Kamal …after Ajit could be Prem Nazir…endrum ilamai…. )
Even while talking to a typical M.R.Radha character in this movie….Shivaji will display the same mild mannered approach…..except during the final scenes….when he has to burst out with frustration…and while singing Ponaal pogattum podaa….. ( why not…when someone loses his wife….all emotions will have to come out and noone is an exception to this )
I am quite fascinated by the gentleness shown by Nadigar thilagam…for the song…NAAN PESA NINAIPADHELLAM NEE PESA VENDUM……
Time and again….it was the MOST FORMIDABLE COMBINATION OF …….SHIVAJI , SAROJADEVI, KAVIGNAR, TMS, SUSHEELA, MELLISAI MANNARGAL…MSV WITH TKR, AND THE ONE AND ONLY BHEEMSINGH….
The song will come soon after they get married ….. Starts with a beautiful tabla ….followed by the famous duo’s customary Violin support, flute….. and then…PS Amma starts with Naan pesa ninapadhelaam nee pesa vendum…..Shivaji will look absolutely majestic with a cap…. And half shirt ( will also look a bit bulky ?? ) while Saro will be in a lovely saree …
….. another beauty of this song is that TMS just sang the words…. NAAN KAANUM ULAGANGAL NEE KAANA VENDUM…. NEE KAANUN POZUDHAAVUM NAAN AAGA VENDUM…NAAN AAGA VENDUM….. after this , for every end of a sentence..TMS will support by saying Oom Oom…and it will be a lovely support…flow for the song to maintain the continuity…. It will be like Shivaji saying yes yes to all Saro sings…..

Lets go through the words in depth …so that we will realize the beauty of this eternal melody….and evergreen hit…

Paalodum pazam yaavum unakaaga vendum…unakaaga vendum….

Paavai un mugam paarthu pasiyaara vendum …pasiyaara vendum ( here PS Amma will show her experience and class when she stretches the words )

Manadhaalum ninaivaalum thaayaaga vendum….naan aaga vendum…

Madi meedhu vilayaadum seyaaga vendum…neeyaaga vendum….

Sollendrum moziyendrum porulendrum….illai…porul endrum illai….

Solaadha sollukku vilai yedhum illai villai yedhum illai….

Ondrodu onraaga uyir serndha pinnay uyri serndha pinnay…..

Ulagangal namaiyandri veraydhum illai… veryadhum… illai…..

For every shot by shot while Sarojadevi will be singing with full of grace…Shivaji will exhibit his DOCTOR’s class… by reacting with all gentleness…
At one shot , he will casually throw the saree on the face of Saro and will cover her…..and even that will look terrific….to show that fondness and affection that they share…the mutual love and the respect for each other…admiring each other….

Idhai vida menmayaaga oru kanavan manaivikkul irukkum oru sondham, bandham oru kaadhalai veru yaarum azagaaga kaata mudiyaadhu…..
Idhu ennudaya thaazmayaana karuthu…..

Nadigar thilagam…thanudaya kangalaalay….. thannudadya anbai pozivaar…..will give 100 expressions….just by giving a warm and gentle and kind hearted look…..

Even today, if one sees this movie after 10 times ( I wonder how many times…Shivaji fans would have seen this movie….it could be 50 or 75 or 100 times )….one will not feel bored …as it will be full of lovely lovely songs, nice screen play…wonderful set of actors….lovely direction……

Bheemsingh..should be appreciated for having shown Nadigar thilagam… in various characters and was the karta of the famous Paa series….. Paalum pazamum, Padikaatha medhai, Paarthaal pasi theerum, Paasa malar, Paar magalay paar, Padithaal mattum podhumaa …etc etc……

Coming back to the movie…. Its not that this is the only song which is a beauty….. every song is all class and one can write a posting for each other song..as they are all precious gems……

What an amazing actor…Nadigar thilagam is……..He virtually lived like that character…..

KAALATHAAL AZIYAADHA ORU PAADAL…ORU PADAM[/tscii:446f686908]

Raghu
22nd November 2005, 08:53 PM
[tscii:70247431a2]
What an amazing actor…Nadigar thilagam is……..He virtually lived like that character…..

No No Balaji anNe, i strongly disagree with you, Dr.Shivaji sir, lived like character in ALL of his films.[/tscii:70247431a2]

S.Balaji
22nd November 2005, 09:11 PM
[tscii:635c727eb0]

No No Balaji anNe, i strongly disagree with you, Dr.Shivaji sir, lived like character in ALL of his films.[/tscii:635c727eb0]

Dear Raghu...

True..... Nadigar Thilagam lived and breathed like the character in all of his films.....

No doubt about that....

Shakthiprabha.
22nd November 2005, 09:31 PM
S.Balaji,
ur post is equally capturing.
Romba anubavithu ezhuthirukkeenga. :smile:

tacinema
22nd November 2005, 09:38 PM
Excellent narration. a perfect combination of a.bhimsingh and sivaji. All "paa" series movies are evergreen and mile stones of tamil cinema. Though all these movies are family sentiment related, these movies would leave a lasting impact within you.

PAA movies brought out Sivaji's versatiity:

paalum pazamum - as a Dr, express love relationship between wife and husband.
paava manippu - excellent movie, with evergreen songs, expresses unity among different religions.
paasa malar - great acting from Nadigar and Nadigayar thilakams, bench mark movie for brother-sister relationship
bhaga pirivinai - as a handicap person, a minute reflection of acting. I believe, Hindi actor Dilip Kumar has agreed that he cannot act like our sivaji
Padithaal mattum podhumaa - a fantastic movie, as an illiterate person, marrying a literate woman and going thru nightmares
padikkatha medhai - a wonderful movie, though a bit over-acting!?literally acting competition between two giants: sivaji and ranga rao.

and so on.......

In fact, Sivaji once said that A.Bhim Singh is one of the directors who brought out his talents on screen. No matter how many times you watch these movies, they never bore you. Sivaji gel with these characters perfectly and literally lives with it.

Long live Sivaji's legendary name!! Though he is no more, his different characters onscreen will live forever.

saradhaa_sn
23rd November 2005, 12:00 PM
PAA movies brought out Sivaji's versatiity:

Paalum pazamum - as a Dr, express love relationship between wife and husband.
Paava manippu - excellent movie, with evergreen songs, expresses unity among different religions.
Paasa malar - great acting from Nadigar and Nadigayar thilakams, bench mark movie for brother-sister relationship
Bhaga pirivinai - as a handicap person, a minute reflection of acting. I believe, Hindi actor Dilip Kumar has agreed that he cannot act like our sivaji
Padithaal mattum podhumaa - a fantastic movie, as an illiterate person, marrying a literate woman and going thru nightmares
Padikkatha medhai - a wonderful movie, though a bit over-acting!?literally acting competition between two giants: sivaji and ranga rao.

and so on.......

In fact, Sivaji once said that A.Bhim Singh is one of the directors who brought out his talents on screen. .

Some more "Pa" series movies by Shivaji & Bhimsingh combination:

Pathi Bakthi
Paar Magaley Paar
Pandha Paasam
Pazhani
Pachai Vilakku ....all are Gems.

Another movie "Pattadhaari" was started, but dropped in half way because of some undisclosed reasons between pruducer and director.

Two movies by Shivaji & Bhimsingh combo, without "Pa" are 'Raja Rani' and 'Shanti'.

For everything, there should be a 'dhirushti-pottu'. Yes, in Sivaji & Bhimsingh combination also there is one. That is "Paadhugaappu" (1970).

saradhaa_sn
26th November 2005, 01:40 PM
"RAMAN ETHTHANAI RAMANADI"

One of my most favourite movies of the great Nadigar Thilagam, challenging, nobody can do that innocence charector of a unmatured village guy, who is thinking his friends (small boys) and her Aaya (S.N.Lakshmi) only the world.

Whenever Shivai is affected by 'FITS' (Kaakaavalippu), his action will make us to cry. Ho... what a wonderful performance in 'kaakaavalippu'. He will be affected four times in that movie.

First, when was near the pond when 'valippu' come for him and fall in the pond, K.V.Vijaya will save him by giving his Key bunch. That is the first meeting with KRV. (When KRV lift her head when going up the steps of the pond, the jasmine flowers will fall there and Shivaji will take it and keep it with a bakthi).

Second time, When Nambiar beat him with savukku and throw him out of his bangalow, fits will come for him, Nambiar will not allow his servant to help Shivaji. He will reduce the fits by catching the iron gate of the banglow.

Third tims fits will come when he got emotional in the cinema shooting of "Chathrapathy Shivaji".

Fourth time, when fighting with the boy friend of M.Banumathy, who tries to rape her in a party. M.Banumathy is the daughter of KRV & Muthuraman.

In the first time, the way innocently Shivaji spreaking with 'Minor" Nambiar will be more touchable. "Unga thangachikku neenga kalyaanam yerpaadu pandrathaa, payaluva (boys) sonnaanuvo. Adhu vishayamaa pesittu pogalaamnu vandhen. Gnyayitru kizhamaithaan (sunday) pallikoodam leavunnu payaluva sonnaanuva. annikke kalyaanam vachikkalaam... enna solreenga".

But the second time when he meet Nambiar , as a rich actor, the way of talking will be entirely changed. It will be more interesting when Nambiar introduce his other rich friends... Sentaamarai etc.

Nambiar: "Ivarthaan alliyoor Malliyappan. Ivarukku periya paal pannaiye irukku"

Shivaji: "Delli yerumai"

Nambiar: "Ivarthaan Singambatti Chinnappar. Ivar oorla ivarukku vadakkey paarthaa vaazha thoppu, therke paarthaa thennandhoopu, merke paarthaa...."

Shivaji: "Maandhoppu"

Nambiar: "Ivarthaan muthupandal Muruganandham. Ivarudaiya thozhil...."

Shivaji: "Vaira viyaabaaram"

Nambiar: "Oh....ivangalaiyellaam ungalukku munneye theriyuma?."

Shivaji: "Ivangalai enakku therivathu irukkattum minor, ennai yaarunnu ungalukku theriyuthaa?. theriyalai?...theriyalai..?, nallllaa yosanai pannu. unnaal adithu virattappatta adhey 'saappaattu Raman'. Latchathipathiyaa vandhaal un thangachiyai kalyaanam panni tharennu sonniye, idho...ippa kodeeswaranaa vandhirukken. Engey un thangachi?"

Nambiar: "Mannichidunga... ippa naaney virumbinaa kooda avalai ungalukku kalyaanam panni thara mudiyaathu"

Shivaji: "Yen....?"

Nambiar: " Avalukku yerkenave kalyaanam aagi, purushan veettukku poyittaaal"..

Nambiarin indha bathilil Shivaji appadiye shock aagi, norungi poyiduvaar.

Appuramthaan, pazhaiya vaaikkal bridge vazhiye pogumbothu, innocentaaga small boysgalodu vilaiyaadiyathum, K.R.Vijayavudan pazhagiya ninaivugalum vara.... andha pazhaiya paattu...

"Ammaadeeeeeee....ponnukku thanga manasu..."

"ennaiyil eriyum vilakku... aval ennaiye azhaiththa sirippu
ennavo nadnadhathu nadappu... adhu yeno ninaivilum irukku
yaarukku indha kadhai theriyum... saamikku mattum idhu puriyum
Yezhaikku andru vandha ninaivu... selvaththil vandha pinbu kanavu"

Kannadasan 'arputhamaaga'paattezhutha,
Viswanathan 'arumaiyaaga' isai amaikka,
Sounderrajan 'ganeer kuralil' paada,
Nadigar Thilagam 'sogamey uruvaai' nadikka
Nammudaiya kangal irandum kulamaaga........

Ippadi oru padaththai ini eppothu paarkka pogirom.....???????.

anbudan,
Sarooo....

Shakthiprabha.
26th November 2005, 02:39 PM
"RAMAN ETHTHANAI RAMANADI"

Nambiarin indha bathilil Shivaji appadiye shock aagi, norungi poyiduvaar.

:(

"Ammaadeeeeeee....ponnukku thanga manasu..."

"ennaiyil eriyum vilakku... aval ennaiye azhaiththa sirippu
ennavo nadnadhathu nadappu... adhu yeno ninaivilum irukku
yaarukku indha kadhai theriyum... saamikku mattum idhu puriyum
Yezhaikku andru vandha ninaivu... selvaththil vandha pinbu kanavu"

:( :( :( :(

Ippadi oru padaththai ini eppothu paarkka pogirom.....???????.

yup. :( I am speechless. U made the movie come alive.

In the last scene, when he dies, he would say "yaarum azhakkoodathu"

and thats when I started crying more INFACT WITH AUDIBLE SOBS. This movie alwys makes me cry.

Jilaba
26th November 2005, 04:38 PM
saradhaa_sn,

I also watched that movie you mentioned here. When I read your comment line by line, the whole movie comning in my mind.

your post created my intension to see that movie again.

thank you.

S.Balaji
26th November 2005, 05:09 PM
Dear Jilaba and Sakthi prabha and others...

Requesting you all to visit the thread...Appreciating good picturisation for great songs...

You will come across some interesting analysis of old songs....and of late they are covering Nadigar thilagam songs...

Bye

Cod
26th November 2005, 06:02 PM
Can somebody please try to post the full filmography of Sivaji yearwise? I heard he had acted in 300+ films. How many of them are Tamil films in leading roles? I think Mudhal Mariyadhai (1985) was his last Tamil film as a hero?

:P

Shakthiprabha.
29th November 2005, 01:06 PM
I found one in

imbb website.

but even that DOES NOT talk about his entire filmography :cry:

Raghu
29th November 2005, 04:00 PM
it is very sad to c the GREATEST ACTOR THAT INDIA HAD ever produced NOT have any fan clubs or dedicated web site :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

S.Balaji
29th November 2005, 04:07 PM
it is very sad to c the GREATEST ACTOR THAT INDIA HAD ever produced NOT have any fan clubs or dedicated web site :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Raghu....

One reason could be that most of his fans might be in the late 50s ! and very few must be computer savvy...

Raghu
29th November 2005, 04:13 PM

Raghu....

One reason could be that most of his fans might be in the late 50s ! and very few must be computer savvy...

Dear Balaji anNe,

I agree with you, but I am thinking about creating a web site, once I get some time, but will you all participate and provide me lots of info abt this genius??

S.Balaji
29th November 2005, 04:33 PM
Raghu....

Dear Balaji anNe,

I agree with you, but I am thinking about creating a web site, once I get some time, but will you all participate and provide me lots of info abt this genius??[/quote]

Dear Raghu....

GREAT......

Please go ahead and create a site for Nadigar Thilagam...

Information will flow from all corners.....

All the best....

Shakthiprabha.
29th November 2005, 05:06 PM
please raghu. DO IT. Any dounbts u can ask ppl to provide info. I am no wiz though, I can promise help to minutest extent I can.

Raghu
29th November 2005, 05:33 PM
Balaji anNe and Shakthi acca,

yes, I am thinking of doing it during Christmas vaccation!

:D

alwarpet_andavan
29th November 2005, 06:30 PM
Some die-hard Sivaji fans do meet up at Shanti theatre, Mount Road...

tacinema
30th November 2005, 02:58 AM
there used to be a web site www.sivaji-prabhu.org, but it is not existing now. Sivaji Arakattalai maintained that web site.

Shakthiprabha.
30th November 2005, 09:04 AM
tacinema

I tried that site too. Its quiet about achievements of shivaji to the due extent.

tacinema
1st December 2005, 12:28 AM
when i visited chennai long time back, at shanti theatre, I saw a big black board with shivaji's film list, with good details. Is this board still there?

tacinema
1st December 2005, 12:59 AM
Go through this web site: http://www.mayermint.com/MayermintShop/NumismaticsShop/SpecialCommemorative/DrSivaji.asp

Mayer Mint in Germany (largest in Europe) has released two gold medallions. It praises Sivaji Ganesan as one of the world's greatest actors and one of the most dominating figures in Indian cinema. Another proof that our greatest actor was always recognised internationally, not in India.

saradhaa_sn
1st December 2005, 10:21 AM
I am thinking about creating a web site, once I get some time, but will you all participate and provide me lots of info abt this genius??
Dear Raghu,

If you create a website for that legend artisit, it will be a great memorial for him.

Dont worry, we are here to provide maximum informations about his filmography, acheivements and other worthful collections about the great actor.

We are eagerly expecting that wonderful job from you very soon, and we are preparing to participate on it.

anbudan... sarooo...

saradhaa_sn
1st December 2005, 10:40 AM
Mayer Mint in Germany (largest in Europe) has released two gold medallions. It praises Sivaji Ganesan as one of the world's greatest actors and one of the most dominating figures in Indian cinema. Another proof that our greatest actor was always recognised internationally, not in India.

You are correct,

Eventhough he was garlended and honoured internationally, he was continously ignored by our Indian Government. He was awarded 'Dhadhasaheb Palke' award after he was given "Chevaliyer" award from France Govt. That too after given to Dilipkumar, Nageswara Rao, (kannada) Rajkumar etc.

'Pattimandram' fame Dindigul Leoni always tell in his stage: "Thamizh naattil pirandha orey kaaranathukkaaga purakkanikkapatta oru kalaingan Shivaji. Nadippukku kai thattal vaangiya eththanaiyo per irukkalaam. Anaal 'nadappatharku kooda kai thattal vaangiya orey nagigar ulagathileye Shivaji oruvarthaan"

(there may be several actors, who get applause for acting. But in the whole world, Shivaji is the one and only actor who get applause even for his walking style).

nilavupriyan
1st December 2005, 11:09 AM
Go through this web site: http://www.mayermint.com/MayermintShop/NumismaticsShop/SpecialCommemorative/DrSivaji.asp

wow! :shock: ....avlo periya aalaa....

sorry!...im really astonished

Shakthiprabha.
1st December 2005, 11:16 AM
Nadippukku kai thattal vaangiya eththanaiyo per irukkalaam. Anaal 'nadappatharku kooda kai thattal vaangiya orey nagigar ulagathileye Shivaji oruvarthaan"

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

enna style! antha kalathulaiyE

Shakthiprabha.
1st December 2005, 11:18 AM

wow! :shock: ....avlo periya aalaa....

sorry!...im really astonished

nothing to be astonished. HE DESERVES THIS AND MUCH MORE.

saradhaa_sn
1st December 2005, 01:19 PM
Dear friends,

Normally most of the posts in the thread about Shivaji songs, probably 'Shivaji-MSV' combination. Now for a change I want to bring a song from 'Shivaji-IR' combination.

Movie: THIYAAGAM
Song: 'Nallavarkellaam Saatchigal Rendu'
Lyric: 'Kavinger' Kannadasan
Music: 'Isaingani' Ilaiya Raja
Singer: 'Great' T.M.Soundar Rajan
Camera: N.Balakrishnan
Producer: K.Balaji (Sujatha Cine Arts)
Director : K.Vijayan

'Thiyaagam' is the second movie from Shivaji - IR combination (first one is Deepam), which have very good songs like:

1. Vasandha kaala kolangal (one of the big list of SJ with IR)
2. Ulagam verum iruttu (indha paattu oru dhirushti pottu)
3. Varuga engal dheivangaley (a chorus song by multiple singers when Shivaji riding cycle for 72 hours, to save poor Nagesh's daughter)
4. Thenmalli Poovey (only duest for Shivaji & Lakshmi, beautifully picturised in Kerala location)
5. Nallavarkellaam Saatchigal rendu (which one we are going to discuss).

'Thiyaagam' is nearly watched most of the Film lovers at the period of late 70s and early 80s. (Due to the 'punniyam' of several private channels, even present generation also have oppertunities to watch old and semi old movies, and wondering how they were achieved in the past). So, the story of the movie well known.

The affectionate lovers of Shivaji and Lakshmi, parted due to some misunderstanding puposely created by villains VKR and MRR Vasu, to send Shivaji to jail and to swallow the properties of Shivaji. After he released from Jail, he tries to change the misunderstood lakshmi with his various good activities. One of the incident is, saving Lakshmi from villain 'Justin' by fighting in a fish market.

Next time when she was travelling in a boat in the night, the boat drivers tries to treat Lakshmi wrongly because of their 'kudi bodhai'. There also Shivaji save her from them. Lakshmi slowly understand he is not culprit, through the father of the lady, for whose murder Shivaji gone to Jail.

This song shooted in a boat, it was beautifully picturised by a wonderful Camera Director N.Balakrishnan (the camera handler of the great Sivandha Mann and MGR's 'Idhaya kani')

When Shivaji was singing, by standing on the deck of the boat, when Lakshmi is sleeping inside the cabin. Song starts with nice humming of TMS.. which followed by a nice prelude of flute solo for a long time and then by flute & guitar. The tune will perfectly coincide with the smooth movement of the boat.

"Nallavarkellaam saatchigal rendu
ondru manasaatchi
ondru dheivathin saatchiyammaa"

Kannadasan songs always well known for its power packed, same in this song also. What are all defects happened, I am not responsible, it is because of the rule of GOD.

"Nadhi vellam kaaindhu vittaal nadhi seytha kutram illai
vidhi seytha kutram andri veru yaarammaa
paravaigaley bathil sollungal
manithargal mayangumbothu neengal pesungal
manadhukku manadhu konjam thoodhu sellungal"

"Nallavarkellaam..." (suddenly director will show Lakshimi's beautiful face in close-up, with half sleep). She will wake up by hearing this song, just watch she was covered by a red blanket, (which she watched Shivaji was wearing in the night). She will just see it and close her body with the blanket again tightly with a nice smile and affection, imagining Shivaji hugs her. Director shows it without a single dialogue, that she has come out from the mis-understanding with her lover Shivaji. Then slowly moves to the deck, when Shivaji is singing second charanam.

"Aandavan ariya nenjil oru thuli vanjam illai
avanandri enakku veru aaruthal illai
manidhanamma mayangugiren
thavarukku thunindha manithan azhuvathillaiye
thavariyum vaanam mannil vizhuvathillaiye"

When Shivaji singing this line, Director will show Lakshmi's face with an expression 'ayyo paavam...ivaraiyaa sandhegapatten'.

(Lakshmi is a wonderful actress for any roll with fentastic face expressions)

After this song finished, the boat-boy will bring tea for Shivaji. Shivaji just watches Lakshmi standing behind him, giving the tea to her and asked the boy 'innoru tea konda'.

"Tea saapidu Radha.... soodu aarida poguthu"

"Soodu aari pOchu...."

anbudan
sarooo....

joe
1st December 2005, 04:41 PM
raghu and all other friends,

Here is lot of details about Nadigar Thilagam..But you need Murasu anjal to read this ,I think.

http://www.tamilthirai.com/biodata/sivaji/sivaji.htm

joe
1st December 2005, 04:44 PM
From dinamalar
http://www.dinamalar.com/2004july21/imp45.asp

joe
1st December 2005, 04:46 PM
http://archives.aaraamthinai.com/thendral/sivaji.asp

joe
1st December 2005, 04:47 PM
[tscii:8c3f3e8b83]Image Gallery
http://tamil.sify.com/movies/imagegallery_slideshow.php?gid=13580156&imgidx=1&gname=£Yô´+AYu+JÚ+N¬j§Wm&lid=2&gord=A&view=][/tscii:8c3f3e8b83]

joe
1st December 2005, 04:48 PM
[tscii:4f2ced6116]Image Gallery
http://tamil.sify.com/movies/imagegallery_slideshow.php?gid=13580156&imgidx=1&gname=£Yô´+AYu+JÚ+N¬j§Wm&lid=2&gord=A&view=][/tscii:4f2ced6116]

vincent
1st December 2005, 04:49 PM
"NADIGAR THILAGAM", "SEVALIER",DR. SIVAJI GANESON!!
IS THE KING OF ACTING!!!!!!

joe
1st December 2005, 04:49 PM
sify
http://tamil.sify.com/amudhasurabi/august04/fullstory.php?id=13533626

tacinema
1st December 2005, 09:56 PM
Hi,

Whoever is trying to build Sivaji website, I have a suggeestion: We should try to get the contents of now defunct website www.sivaji-prabhu.org. If I remember correctly, that web site was maintained by Sivaji Arakattalai and the web site contents was very rich about Sivaji's cinema life.

Raghu
19th December 2005, 10:35 PM
Dear all,

I was watchin a Shivaji Sir Song film yesterday, the song is ONE of my fav Kaviarasu Kanadasan song, 'Nalavartkellam saatchihal rendu ondru mana saatchi' , it had actress lakshmi as well in the song!

Can some one tell me the film plssssssssssssssssssss

Shakthiprabha.
19th December 2005, 10:58 PM
I think raghu, shivaji acted only in one movie with lakshmi (apart from rajarishi) tht must be THYAGAM.

great
19th December 2005, 11:19 PM
i like the final song from the movie karnan---ullathil nalla ullam

tooo good

Shakthiprabha.
19th December 2005, 11:35 PM
exxxxxxxxlcennt song. meaningful too. Makes one shed tears. I loved that movie. Shivaji stays in our mind as karnan (more than even pankaj dheer)

great
19th December 2005, 11:37 PM
the body language as karnan is par beyond excellence ,NTR as kannan is also too good plus amazing music..i downloaded the song after long search

Shakthiprabha.
19th December 2005, 11:58 PM
Did u happen to watch MAHABHARAT in hindi.

Nitesh bharadwaj as krishna is the bEST

shivaji is ofcourse ultimate in karnan role.

great
20th December 2005, 12:03 AM
yeah i have seen he is gud ,but in the movie NTR was brilliant particulary the song

Raghu
20th December 2005, 04:21 PM
I think raghu, shivaji acted only in one movie with lakshmi (apart from rajarishi) tht must be THYAGAM.

Oh thanks Shakthi acca,

I must watch this for Shivaji sir and of course the song!!!!!!!

Raghu
20th December 2005, 04:24 PM
exxxxxxxxlcennt song. meaningful too. Makes one shed tears. I loved that movie. Shivaji stays in our mind as karnan (more than even pankaj dheer)

Yes yes, Shivaji sir is KARNAN , he lived it, he simply lived the character of KARNAN, in fact he LIVES the character of every role he has played, a big lakalakalkalaklaklak to the GREATEST Shivaji SIR!

Shakthiprabha.
20th December 2005, 07:30 PM
well raghu,

Ive not watched the movie myself. There is a BEAUTIFUL SONG in that movie. (forgot the song now)

I warn u though, shivaji may not LOOK HIS BEST. He would have bread shaped double chinned look, and would be singing duet with LAKSHMI :banghead:

Story may be worthy. not sure.

S.Balaji
20th December 2005, 09:01 PM
Sakthi prabha and raghu

Apart from Thyagam, Nadigar thilagam had acted with Lakshmi as a father in RAJA RAJA CHOLAN....

Shakthiprabha.
20th December 2005, 09:08 PM
yeah balaji, I meant lakshmi as his pair. (in rajarishi lakshmi is menaka)

S.Balaji
20th December 2005, 11:17 PM
[tscii:0fea26ff37]The golden era of Bheemsingh gave new dimension to Nadigar Thilagam’s acting prowess…..

Paalum pazamum – as a doctor

Padikaaadha medhai – an orphan and uneducated , how he brings the whole family ( which goes astray ) together

Paasa malar – brother and sister affection

Padithaal mattum podhumaa – an uneducated , rough and tough character

Paarthaal pasi theerum – a matured , ex army guy , as a guardian for his friend’s family

The great Bheemsingh also directed PAAR MAGALAY PAAR A rich business man , very fond of his 2 daughters Vijayakumari and Pushpalatha ,pours his love and affection… a very devoted wife , Sowcar Janaki ( very low profile character )….soon comes to know that one of his daughters is not actually his and starts exhibiting a normal human tendency….doubting both his daughters and pours his frustration before Vijayakumari on her own leaves the house ( though will be his original daughter ) in the larger interests of the family…..soon Nadigar thilagam will realize his mistake and harsh reaction and displays THE AGONY OF A FATHER WHO IS VERY BADLY MISSING HIS DEAREST DAUGHTER……

and this is the best opportunity for the unbeatable combination of Bheemsingh, Kavignar, MSV- TKR , TMS – PBS to come out with another evergreen classic !

AVAL PARANDHU PONAALAY …..

Muthuraman …Vijayakumari’s lover, on coming to know that she has disappeared , starts the song, packed with emotions of a lover who misses his heartthrob ….Muthu is a very good actor….but was often used as a character which underplays …..

The choice of an instrument often is the key to the success of a song …..The duo disproved this theory by departing from the established standards ….a mild and gentle lead guitar ….great !! ….. a hushed silence and a violent cyclonic effect…..Aval parandhu ponaalay…. ( the gentle guitar resurfaces at various points in the song in the same pace ) ……

After the pallavi….a pause …a sequence of cellos….which rarely will be used to express pathos ( normally shenoy is the typical instrument which will come to an MDs mind ) ….the magnificent duo chose Cellos ! for a change …and gave tremendous impact …..followed by a sober flute and violin….

The cyclonic wave impact is another classic example of their presence of mind …to give maximum thrust to the situation ….. as the minds of Shivaji and Muthu will be having a virtual cyclone ……

Kavignar plays his part by adding punch to the grievance of a LOST LOVER :

Yen kaadhukku mozi illai
Yen naavukku suvai illai

Aval idhayathai pootti vaithen
Adhil ennayay kaaval vaithen
Aval kadhavai udaithaalay
Than siragai virithaalay

The first part of the song runs through the emotions of Muthu…..and after a brief pause….. TMS takes over from PBS……. Aval ennakaa magal aanaal…….( a strong guitar follow through ! ) Naan avalukku magan aaanen…….

Now Kavignar switches over to the agony of a DEAR FATHER WHO IS MISSING HIS DAUGHTER :
Aval enakka magal aanaal
Naan avalukku magan aanen
En urimai thaayallavaa
En uyirai eduthu chendraaal

Nadigar thilagam , in a rich man’s attire, will perfectly display the sadness of a Father who has lost his dear daughter ! ….with a face unshaven…..eyes without the usual glow ….face without any charm…..the proudness in the face gone….the dropped shoulders…..

I wonder, from where he took the clue ?! Such a terrific exhibition of emotions……Oru petra magalai tholaitha oru sogathai …thannudaya mugabaavathil kondu varuvaaar !!

Bheemsingh probably wanted to convey everthing through the song….which made him take some VERY CLOSE UP SHOTS…..from various angles for Shivaji…..

Mugabaavathirku oru Nadigar thilagam….. the only actor whose face was shown so closely to show the face reaction ……

God ! appadiyay nondhu poi paaduvaar…..oru alavu kadandha dhukkathodu……

Kavignar …was not finished yet !.....still had some more in his armoury……

Yen veetukku vilakkillai
Sondha kootukkul kuyil illai
Yen nenjukku ninaivillai
Oru aarudhal mozi illai…..

See how Kavignar grasps the given situation and comes with apt wordings !

The duo will finally end the song in the same manner which they started ….again the same gentle guitar flow…..

If someone sees NEERODUM VAIGAYILAY…..and this song, one will realize what ACTING is all about ….a young Shivaji ….with the pride of a business man making his children sleep …in a very cheerful mood …..and the disastrous situation of having lost his dear daughter ……

Hats off to TMS-PBS for displaying the emotions of a father and a lover through their golden voice ……

Bheemsingh was not contended with this song, he took another song ….Paar magalay paar ….Nee ilaadha maaligayay paar magalay paar ! this time , its Shivaji alone

Shivaji’s expression will be that of SOMEONE DEMORALISED AND SHATTERED …..

seated on an old fashioned chair on the main hall of his big bungalow along with Sowcar ….. this shot was needed to show the void and vacuum created by the absence of Vijayakumari ! Bheemsingh had done a thorough home work

For a change, a classic Madhura nagaril thamiz sangam, adhil mangala deepam muzangum….. PBS with PS for Muthu and Vijayakumari …..a love duet …Chorus will prevail as interludes ….

Another interesting aspect of this movie…..M.R.Radha …very uncharacteristic of him….a subdued role …..no tantrums ….. Sowcar will play the role of a devoted wife which is another U turn from her normal style ! Vijayakumari and Pushpalatha ….both will be challenging each other in acting ….the veteran and for all seasons , V.K.R. , who normally tears the ear drums by his loud mouthed comedy…. played a very sober role ….as a friend turning foe briefly ( who will break the suspense to Shivaji earlier ) and finally realizes his mistake and reconciles with Shivaji….. all well picturised…..

[/tscii:0fea26ff37]

kannannn
21st December 2005, 12:39 AM
[tscii:8f9c73fd82]
Mugabaavathirku oru Nadigar thilagam….. the only actor whose face was shown so closely to show the face reaction ……
[/tscii:8f9c73fd82] :clap:

Balaji, very aptly said. Another movie that shows his face in close-up is 'Annayin Aanai' (I may be wrong here about the title). His family is wronged by a scheming S. V. Ranga Rao and Sivaji is out to take revenge by marrying his daughter and jails SVR later (something like Baazigar, only much earlier). On his mother's death, the song 'Annayai pol oru theivam illai' starts in the background and Sivaji's face is shown in close-up. The close-up shot continues for about 10-15 secs without any cut and he brings out the feeling of grief and disbelief together so well. How I miss him.. :(

Shakthiprabha.
21st December 2005, 09:28 AM
In thangap pathakkam, theer is a scene where he sits to eat his BREAKFAST with the family(when his son happens to be arrested).

Whilst his wife and daughter in law, shows displeasure in their face, he acts pretty normal and starts to eat BREAKFAST.

Soon after he says.... a dialogue "neenga ellaam unga kashtathai azhuduteenga... aanaal naan" and thump his heart rudely.

Can SOMEONE REMEMBER THE DIALOGUE PLEASE and POST IT HERE???

I SIMPLY LOVED THAT SCENE. No over acting. With just those dialogues and a iron-faced look, he would make us cry.

hi
21st December 2005, 09:47 AM
I am a great fan of shivaji sir... sad that i have watched only few of his movies....

I had developed interest in collecting shivaji sir's movies....

currently i hve

- Bagapirivinai
- Devar Magan
- Mudhal Mariyadhai
- Paalum Pazhamum
- Paasa Malar
- Puthiya Paravai
- Savale Samali
- Thiruvilayadal
- Vasantha Maaligai

can anyone list sum of his excellent movies.. worth buying.....?

Raghu
21st December 2005, 04:30 PM
Hi,

U MUST buy KARNAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S.Balaji
21st December 2005, 04:48 PM
Raghu dear....

Christmas is approaching now and we are all eagerly awaiting the LAUNCH OF YOUR WEBSITE ON NADIGAR THILAGAM.....THE UNIVERSITY OF ACTING .....

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you

S.Balaji
21st December 2005, 04:54 PM
I am a great fan of shivaji sir... sad that i have watched only few of his movies....

currently i hve

- Bagapirivinai
- Devar Magan
- Mudhal Mariyadhai
- Paalum Pazhamum
- Paasa Malar
- Puthiya Paravai
- Savale Samali
- Thiruvilayadal
- Vasantha Maaligai

Hi !

just a suggestion :

For multidimensional personality - Navarathiri

For a father, orphan son and pet son - Deiva magan

For a rough and tough but gold at heart character - Nyana oli

For a typical middle class MYlapore character - Vietnam veedu

How the great freedom fighter Va Voo Chidambaram would have lived - Kappalotiya thamizan

For braveness and courage to take on the mighty British - Veera pandiya katta bomman

For a total UNDER ACTING : Paarthal pasi theerum

the list will continue....

great
21st December 2005, 10:28 PM

currently i hve

- Bagapirivinai
- Devar Magan
- Mudhal Mariyadhai
- Paalum Pazhamum
- Paasa Malar
- Puthiya Paravai
- Savale Samali
- Thiruvilayadal
- Vasantha Maaligai

Navarathiri
Karnan
kappalotiya thamilan
veera pandiya kattaboman
thillanga moganambal
kalyana galatta

I will update the list

Shakthiprabha.
21st December 2005, 10:49 PM
Its not KALYAANA GALATTA

its

GALATTA KALYANAM

kannannn
21st December 2005, 10:52 PM
I personally didnt like Galatta Kalyanam, it was as if the jokes were thrust on the viewers. The whole cast, especially Sivaji and Nagesh were wasted in the film.

njv
21st December 2005, 11:47 PM
I love all of his old movies (prior to 80s) and few from recent ones. The movies that I repeat are puthayal (kongu accent - excellent - probably sathileelavathi of those days!), moondru theivangal (definitely a different movie 35 years back - full length comedy movie - hats off to shivaji for this attempt), mudhal mariyathai (did he act or lived?), karnan (even Karnan ever happen to see this, he would wish that he look like Shivaji), parasakthi, thaavani kanavugal (bhagyaraj made good use of shivaji and gave life to the movie) and not but not the least "Devar Magan" - I saw one KH interview where he said people close to him said Shivaji is not required for this movie because the script is strong and KH insists that Shivaji is the pillar no the script and he mentioned that because of Shivaji only the movie is Devar Magan, otherwise it would have been just Magan - true. I love the scenes where father and son discuss about opening up restaurant and shivaji finally broke into tears - so natural and damn good.

Shivaji - Acting defined.

great
21st December 2005, 11:52 PM
I love all of his old movies (prior to 80s) and few from recent ones. The movies that I repeat are puthayal (kongu accent - excellent - probably sathileelavathi of those days!), moondru theivangal (definitely a different movie 35 years back - full length comedy movie - hats off to shivaji for this attempt), mudhal mariyathai (did he act or lived?), karnan (even Karnan ever happen to see this, he would wish that he look like Shivaji), parasakthi, thaavani kanavugal (bhagyaraj made good use of shivaji and gave life to the movie) and not but not the least "Devar Magan" - I saw one KH interview where he said people close to him said Shivaji is not required for this movie because the script is strong and KH insists that Shivaji is the pillar no the script and he mentioned that because of Shivaji only the movie is Devar Magan, otherwise it would have been just Magan - true. I love the scenes where father and son discuss about opening up restaurant and shivaji finally broke into tears - so natural and damn good.

Shivaji - Acting defined.

Yeah brilliang acting by Shivaji his dialogue delivery was tooo good not to forget of his expression devar magan is a milestone in tamil..
thought they have remade it in hindi as virasaat copycat priyadarshan directed the movie ...neither Anil kapoor matched kamal nor Amrish puri matched the perfection of Shivaji

Shakthiprabha.
22nd December 2005, 12:07 AM
In thangap pathakkam, theer is a scene where he sits to eat his BREAKFAST with the family(when his son happens to be arrested).

Whilst his wife and daughter in law, shows displeasure in their face, he acts pretty normal and starts to eat BREAKFAST.

Soon after he says.... a dialogue "neenga ellaam unga kashtathai azhuduteenga... aanaal naan" and thump his heart rudely.

Can SOMEONE REMEMBER THE DIALOGUE PLEASE and POST IT HERE???

I SIMPLY LOVED THAT SCENE. No over acting. With just iron-faced look, he would make us cry.

Just incase someone can quote the scene???

umaramesh
23rd December 2005, 03:27 PM
Hi Prabha
I can recollect the dialogue: First shivaji will ask KR &Premila to have a breakfast they will reply ORRU NAAL SAPPADILANA SETHA POOIDUVUM(we will not die if we dont eat one day).

After a while shivaji will walk away without having breakfast fully. KR&PRAMILA will request shivaji to eat fully. HE WILL REPEAT THE SAME DIALOGUE in his own style; ORRU NAAL SAPPADILANA SETHA POOIDUVENE. Whole theatre will go into the tears after this scene.

ramesh

Shakthiprabha.
23rd December 2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks uma. Nice remembrance. I LVOED THAT MOVIE.

Actually I was tryin to quote one more dialogue......

he would precisely see something akin to the foll setence......

"unga kashtam neenga azhuduteenga... anaan naan en nenjukullaiyE sumanthu........."

and he would BEAT HIS HEART harshly with IRON-faced LOOK.

AMAZINGLY tearful :sad:.

S.Balaji
23rd December 2005, 04:49 PM
[tscii:3896eb72fc]IMHO, for Nadigar Thilagam , after the 150th movie – Savaalay Samaalee , very few movies were noteworthy….Even savallay samaalee was not that great compared to his established standards

The mid 70s , the late 70s and the early 80s…..witnessed the emergence and the consolidation phase of 2 great actors, Kamal and Rajinikanth…..and Shivaji has to compete with them to sustain , despite his advancing age

He was under compulsion to act with heroenes who were well below his age group….and were no match at all….( somehow Makkal Thilagam managed to overcome this vexatious generation gap )

Some of the movies were so mediocre, terrible and aweful that we started chiding the Legend , when this old man will be calling it a day…..

Again, I won’t blame Shivaji for this as HE WAS LIKE A GOLDMINE….one has to have the talent and creative thinking to get a theme for him

Even at the evening of his life, Nadigar Thilagam had all the energy , enthusiasm and the urge to outperform others…..basically because he was one of those few actors born……

One reason could be that for the kind of variety of roles that he had played , very little was left out……

KB had everything but he was such a dominating director and he used to impose his style on each character that he portrayed … Its impossible to do such things with a lion , Shivaji….

At last , it needed extraordinary imagination and creative thinking and an extraordinary guy like BR to dig out the hidden treasure in Shivaji…..

BR was very particular even for the choice of the movie title….MUDHAL MARIYAADHAI ….

he was determined to honour the IMAYAM in a befitting way…..

The story line has to suit with the ageing Colossus….

The character has to be unique…..at the same time maintain BR’s originality and style…….

By garlanding the Doyen of Tamil Cinema, the voice of BR speaks…ORU IMAYATHIRKU NANGAL SEYYUM MUDHAL MARIYAADHAI…..
Yes, ultimately it found to be THE MOST IDEAL STORY AND CHARACTER FOR NADIGAR THILAGAM…..

An ageing village chief , in the mid 50s , a kind hearted person, didn’t have a good understanding / supportive / LOVING and CARING life partner despite his monumental sacrifice for marrying her ( despite her poor background )….was craving for love and affection …which he gets through a young woman finally ……

Through various sequence of scenes, BR very poetically makes them understand each other and finally a love and bondage emerges…..

The first step to that was through a song sequence….POONKAATRU THIRUMBUMAA…..
Lets go few steps back to get into the core of the song requirement……An uncontrollable wife , chides and insults openly at regular intervals….it was another day at office but this time it was too frustrating and intolerable for even a matured person to absorb within himself…..
So , how to vent out one’s frustration ?? HERE BR’s CREATIVE THINKING AND IMAGINATIVE SKILLS COME OUT ….

1.BR choses a sober song
2.Esai paattu…….

In our villages, esai paattu is a well known phenomenon….one starts with a theme ….which the other one responds immediately …this will be followed by a bit of further developing and finally improvising them and they join together and giving a finishing touch…..Esai paattu can work out successfully only when there is absolute silence , the distance communication has to reach the other party

The old man moves out of the house, wanders in a isolated area in an agricultural field and lakeside , riverside and starts venting his sadness….

Poonkaatru thirumbumaa
Yen paatta virumbumaa
Paaraata, madiyi vachu thaalataa
Yenakoru thai madee kidaikumaa…..

Terrific lyrics from Vairamuthu ! Lets quickly understand what the poet conveys….Madiyil vachu thaaltaataa ? the aggrieved character wants a MOTHERLY AFFECTION from someone to share his agony ! splendid lyrics…..

IR – BR – VM had a wonderful equation and their chemistry was excellent

BR said once, Naan enna ninaikireno….adhai appadiyay , ennudaya Raja isayil kondu varuvaan ….. Naan avanukku sollavay vendaam……BR, in other words, says that IR understand BR’s thought vibration and quickly will come out with a precise composition !

IR, those days wrote exactly for the time required for the sequence. Without using a stop watch or music editor, he normally wrote music that exactly fitted the required timing. May be, he had a mental clock that while deciding the start cue and end cue for a music bit, was also capable of calculating the exact footage and the required timing for that footage!

Back to the song…. after Shivaji completes the first part, Poongaatru thirumbumaa….. there will be a typical IR pause , this silence was needed for the communication to reach the other end !……. its SJ this time to reciprocate for Radha …Raasaavay varuthamaa…..followed a flute resembling a Kuyil !

Now Shivaji starts looking with anxiety …who is responding to his concern ?

Again , its lovely lyrics….. Aagayam surungumaa
Engaadhey…adha ulagam thaangaadhey
Adukkumaa , Suriyan , karukkumaa !

One of the best lyrics that I have seen , giving a befitting tribute to the GREATEST ACTOR …. Equating him with a sky and Sun !

As the song moves to the second phase, both the characters exchange their thoughts …while the old man further expresses his concern, the lady , comforts by saying some soothing words…..

Indha vedhanai yaarukuthaan illai
Suga raagam sogam thaanay ( here an extended flute resembling a kuyil again !)

All through the song, the old man will be searching for that elusive lady who comforts him from a distance…..

Finally he realizes that the response is coming from a small boat / parisil which is inching towards the banks….

Now , unable to wait for the suspense any longer , he asks….

Maanay en nenjukku paal vaartha thenay…
Munnai en paarvaikku vaa vaa pennayyyyy

For which the respondent replies, esai paattu padichen naanay ! vow , terrific…. By now Shivaji , having got complete relief as someone had shared his grief, hence VM made a subtle change to the word ….

Poonkuyil yaaradhu……

Konjam paarunga pen kuyil naanunga

From now, its BR who leads the show !

There will be small small shots, showing reactions from Shivaji, Radha, the pond, the trees, the nature etc etc…all in just few seconds…..

Shivaji , showing a pleasant surprise in his face, ……

Adee nee dhaana andha kuyil ( here IR at his imaginative best ) yaar veettu sondha kuyil…. Aathaadee , manasukkula kaathaadee parandhadhey….

IMO, this ranks amongst one of the best picturisation from BR……

Another fascinating element of Nadigar Thilagam’s character ….. very few dialogues….normally he is penchant for extensive dialogue delivery….but BR chose the visual route….just few clippings, facial reaction, mini expressions ….thats all for Shivaji….

The way BR builds the bondage between the 2 characters is a story by itself ……

Whatever aspects that the old man is missing from his wife , BR gives them through the young lady ……….its not mere age or biological needs which a man or a woman looks at ….but what is real love and care for each other is paramount ……behind a successful man or an unsuccessful man , there will be a woman .....

This movie should top in the list of the greatest among the greatest characterization of THE IMAYAM OF TAMIL FILM INDUSTRY

[/tscii:3896eb72fc]

nilavupriyan
23rd December 2005, 07:41 PM
balaji,
and at the end of his career shivaji did a memorable performance in devar mahan....what a performance!!

Alien
23rd December 2005, 09:36 PM
S.Balaji ur post on Muthal mariyaathai was toooooooo gooooooooooood !!!! Thats my most fav BR movie as well as most fav Shivaji movie !!!!! 8-) :P 8-)

tacinema
25th December 2005, 08:04 AM
Hi,

Try these movies:

1. Andha naal
2. Thooku thooki
3. Uthama puthiran
4. Paar magale paar
5. Baagapirivinai
6. Padithal mattum podhumaa
7. Paalum pazhamum
8. Paava Manippu
9. Saraswathi sapadham
10. Andavan kattalai
11. Aalayamani
12. Bale pandiya
13. Pudhiya paravai
14. Raaja
15. Vasantha Maaligai
16. Thillana Mohanambal
17. Sorgam
18. Thangap pathakkam
19. Muthal Mariyadhai
20. Thevar Magan
.. many more

nilavupriyan
25th December 2005, 10:55 AM
Hi,

Try these movies:

1. Andha naal
2. Thooku thooki
3. Uthama puthiran
4. Paar magale paar
5. Baagapirivinai
6. Padithal mattum podhumaa
7. Paalum pazhamum
8. Paava Manippu
9. Saraswathi sapadham
10. Andavan kattalai
11. Aalayamani
12. Bale pandiya
13. Pudhiya paravai
14. Raaja
15. Vasantha Maaligai
16. Thillana Mohanambal
17. Sorgam
18. Thangap pathakkam
19. Muthal Mariyadhai
20. Thevar Magan
.. many more

navarathiri
karnan

tacinema
27th December 2005, 01:45 AM
can someone list out all sivaji-banumathy tamil films? I know of the following: Ambikapathy and Arivali. Any other movies?

Shakthiprabha.
27th December 2005, 07:59 AM
MakkaLaip petra maharaasi
RAngoon Raadha
RaaNi lalithaangi
KaLvanin kaathali (kalki's novel)
MaNamagaL thEvai
Manithanum mirugamum

Source database

http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/indiancinema/?browse=musicdirection&start=G

stranger
30th December 2005, 02:55 AM
* ambigaapathy -shivaji /bhanumathi

* aRivaaLi- Shivaji /Bhanumathi

S.Balaji
30th December 2005, 06:12 PM
[tscii:b3b1bec31b]
When we analyse the artists of yesteryears, we get into a notion, rather conclusion that certain actors followed defined , mundane mannerisms and style.

This assessment is based on the fact that seldom the actors dared to experiment , playing totally a different role

Another reason could be that the audience view a hero on a glorified platform compared to a villain

Only few heros took up the challenge and tried villain roles

Nadigar Thilagam was an exception

In Andha naal, you will realize that way back he had played a semi villain character with aplomb. Even in Annayin Aanai, while the main objective was to seek revenge over his Father’s arch enemy S.V.Rangarao, it was another villain role only. However, he will successfully play a balancing act between Savithri ( SVR’s daughter and Shivaji’s lover ) and SVR ….

He was all grace and charm personified even while playing the role of a Villain in UTHAMA PUTHIRAN

Nadigar Thilagam’s landmark movie !.....

the youthful years of Shivaji …..

released in 1958

This movie redefined Tamil cinema’s horizon.

A dual role , the Villain was superb and more popular than the hero ! …….this role is being recognized for the STYLE AND DIFFERENT MANNERISM tried by Nadigar Thilagam….

The Villain guy Vikraman was diametrically opposite …....he displayed a plethora of emotions and also was the first of anti-hero roles ….it was well ahead of times and path breaking….

He had looks of a ROYAL, PRINCELY, ARROGANT and also NAIVE look with a naughty smile !
A happy go lucky type who enjoys life to the brink and flirts , often misguided by Nambiar and others …..he was like a puppet to Nambiar’s plans…..but never bothered about life…..

A song is needed to give proper definition to that character and its through YAARADEE NEE MOHINEE

The way he extends his hands while dancing and for the royal strides he makes during the song……it’s a treat to watch …..worth seeing again and again….

Its conclusive that Shivaji’s walk was like that of a lion …. A walk resembling an Emperor……..Even while the walk will be majestic and exceptional, his steps will be measured and precisely to the composition for this super hit song…..

The director probably wanted to show the big difference between the 2 characters through a song…..which could have made G.R. create a unique tune ….. CHARACTER BASED COMPOSITION !!

The great composer G.Ramanathan was equal to the task….G.R. showed his imaginative skills by giving A MIX OF WESTERN AND CONVENTIONAL rhythm which came out as a resounding success……..Its TMS-P.Leela combination created waves this time . This song is also well appreciated for the splendid use of tabla , drums and guitar chords …..

As the song moves to the final stage, there will be clapping from Shivaji and the other star ….a suddenly change in the rhythm !! Actually , the rhythm changes atleast 4 times….

•The first is when TMS starts with yaradee nee mohini….( a tabla support )
•The second….Unmayaana vendhanay ….its P.Leela ( tabla again )
•The third…..TMS….. Onnum onnum rendu…unmel aasai undu….briefly Jikki’s voice will come ( drums now )
•The fourth….Vaa vaa ….vaa vaa vaa….enanbay odivaa….. P.Leela ( drums )

Inch by inch, shot by shot, Shivaji will be awesome in his foot work and strides with a royal touch ! the editing will be crisp covering all the characters simultaneously …One can observe that for the above 4 rhythms, the dance movements and the steps of Shivaji will be different !

The hero character was gentle and majestic…… warm and matured look will be prevalent …..Vivacious and pleasant ParthibanFor the hero , MULLAI MALAR MELAY…MOIKUM VANDU POLAY .. a beauty …..a full fledged Kaanadaa raagam based composition….

A young Nadigar Thilagam, on a boating with a lovely looking Naatiya peroli Padmini ( in this movie and Vanji kotai vaaliban , Padmini will look like an angel ! ) its once again the great TMS-PS combination

One should also watch how Nadigar thilagam responds when TMS goes in high pitch for …Indha nilai marinadhalay endhan munaalay….anna nadai payila kanden aasayinaalay ….the song’s rhythm also will be in line with the movement of the boat ….

The creator was not finished yet with the villain character….. a climax is always needed to complete a movie…..and its UNNAZAGAI KANNIYARGAL SONNADHINAALAY !!!!!

Teaching on how to give a royal walk to Shivaji is like lending coal to New Castle

This song was needed for Padmini to seduce the villain shivaji to fall to a set trap and what a climax…..the tabla rhythm was a befitting response to Nadigar thilagam’s ROYAL WALK …The song gets into a high speed mode in the final stages …

It’s a big bonus for Nadigar thilagam fans as they got a double feast, a young and charming shivaji and also dual role which means variety…..

At the end , one will feel sad for the Villain character…as Nadigar Thilagam had made it a lovable one !

[/tscii:b3b1bec31b]

joe
4th January 2006, 04:49 AM
great post Balaji on Uththama puththiran

Thirumaran
4th January 2006, 05:43 AM
Balaji,
Your Post on Mudhal Mariyathai is really very good. As you mentioned before that movie some of the movies he did were quite avoidable which is nowhere near his standards.

Muthal Mariyathai. One of the natural work by nadigara thilagam.

Two scenes in muthal mariyathai which i recollect suddenly are

1. The rock lifting scene.
2. The Scene where radha eats fish and sivaji looks with eager to eat the same.

Extra ordinary.

tacinema
4th January 2006, 09:14 AM
Can we discuss about Sivaji's Deiva Magan and his mythological movies such as S.Sabadham, Tiruvilaiyadal and so on?