PDA

View Full Version : Best Video/Computer Game

Querida
27th February 2005, 04:23 AM
there seem to be a large number of video/computer games out there with everything from:

-racing cars/boats/motorbikes/snowboards
-quest games with created worlds and characters as well as worlds
- reality quest games like being in a mafia/gang/hitmen/marines/ etc and to find and complete deadly missions
-the run of the mill shooting games where targets get increasingly harder to shoot down or come at you at faster speeds
-abstract games like tetris where the main aim is to get matches
-battle games where you fight another opponent or the computer simulated opponent...
- then the explorative computer games in a world of their own such as Runescape

sorry for not specifying one game over another trying to be broad as possible...so which one kind do hubbers prefer or one even game that stands out for them as best?

Surya
27th February 2005, 05:13 AM
I'm a radical computer gamer.

My favs.

Racing - Need for Speed,Hot Pursuit.

Quest games....- Age of Empires, Civilization, Starcraft.

Reality quest - Hitman II, Unban Chaos, Call of Duty.

Explorativs games in a world of their.... - Halo!!!!! 8) 8) Halo II!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) Final Fantasy 7!! :cry: :cry:

My fav genres of games, are the Rality, and the Expolratives.

Q. what abt u? :)

Mad Max
27th February 2005, 05:50 AM
there seem to be a large number of video/computer games out there with everything from:

-racing cars/boats/motorbikes/snowboards
-quest games with created worlds and characters as well as worlds
- reality quest games like being in a mafia/gang/hitmen/marines/ etc and to find and complete deadly missions
-the run of the mill shooting games where targets get increasingly harder to shoot down or come at you at faster speeds
-abstract games like tetris where the main aim is to get matches
-battle games where you fight another opponent or the computer simulated opponent...
- then the explorative computer games in a world of their own such as Runescape

sorry for not specifying one game over another trying to be broad as possible...so which one kind do hubbers prefer or one even game that stands out for them as best?

Q,

Try GTA:Vice City. One of the best games ever made. If you love 80's music it is even better. After that try GTA: San Andreas.

Mafia is a great game too.

Querida
27th February 2005, 11:52 PM
MM know about GTA: vice city and mafia... are on my fav list......i'm kinda old school as well grew up on mario, donkey kong, sonic, doom, jurassic park, tomb raider, mortal kombat, street fighter...as i got older my brother and cousins got into those adventure world games...some of them japanese...that takes way too much of my time so mostly i just watch when they doing well and walk away and do something else when they're trying to get over a tough part... :|

Mad Max
28th February 2005, 12:20 AM
MM know about GTA: vice city and mafia... are on my fav list......i'm kinda old school as well grew up on mario, donkey kong, sonic, doom, jurassic park, tomb raider, mortal kombat, street fighter...as i got older my brother and cousins got into those adventure world games...some of them japanese...that takes way too much of my time so mostly i just watch when they doing well and walk away and do something else when they're trying to get over a tough part... :|

GTA: Vice city is non linear. If a mission is difficult, you can drive over to a different part of town and accept another mission.

Sometimes I just turn on the radio (I particularly like Flash FM station) and drive around Miami (vice city). It is relaxing to just drive around doing nothing and explore the city (believe me it is vast). The ads that you hear over the radio are ridiculously funny. Also the atmosphere that the game pulls you into is just fantastic. While you drive around, the weather changes, day changes into night etc and it is fabulously realistic. If I like a car someone is driving, I just knock the guy over and steal his car. :mrgreen: Just dont let the cops see you doing that though.

Do you like 80's music? Laura Branigan's Self Control, Michael Jacksons "Billie Jean", "Owner of a lone heart" from Yes, Mr. Mister's "Kyrie" and "Broken Wings" are just a few of the songs that come over the radio in Flash FM. Of course there are other radio stations to choose from. The music selection is huge.

I am kinda old school too, I grew up playing Digdug, space invaders, commander keen, wolfenstein, prince of persia etc. Heck, I still play Prince of Persia once in while :mrgreen:

Querida
28th February 2005, 12:48 AM
Love 80s music, sometimes the spanish music, some of the rock is nice old school kind...but those racing games like cruising the world with its crappy poser rock music no thanx i rather play to my own tunes...yeah i really love the cars..i go out of my way to just get that hot blue mustang whatever it costs...and that usually ends up in uhhh one hell of a traffic jam :lol: yeah i once had this one mission with the hare krishnas...no way in hell am i going to drive their fruity looking van.. :roll:

Mad Max
28th February 2005, 01:31 AM
Love 80s music, sometimes the spanish music, some of the rock is nice old school kind...but those racing games like cruising the world with its crappy poser rock music no thanx i rather play to my own tunes...yeah i really love the cars..i go out of my way to just get that hot blue mustang whatever it costs...and that usually ends up in uhhh one hell of a traffic jam :lol: yeah i once had this one mission with the hare krishnas...no way in hell am i going to drive their fruity looking van.. :roll:

You have really played GTA:VC? You are a wild gal indeed :mrgreen: !

I got stuck with that RC helicopter bombing that building. That thing is so awfully difficult to control. Not reached the level of the Hare Krishnas yet.

Loved chasing the Pizza Boy all around town and run him down. I play that mission often! That guy is a really tricky driver!

Sometimes for fun, I just run down a policeman and get chased by the cops :mrgreen:

Mad Max
28th February 2005, 01:42 AM
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is another nice game. But I did not have the time to go through with it beyond the basic levels.

Querida
28th February 2005, 02:03 AM

You have really played GTA:VC? You are a wild gal indeed :mrgreen: !

I got stuck with that RC helicopter bombing that building. That thing is so awfully difficult to control. Not reached the level of the Hare Krishnas yet.

yeah i know that helicopter part is pretty tough...but the Hare Krishnas are not in vice city they're in the older version GTA III......i don't know if it's wild i mean i seriously don't like the whole slattern clubs and dealing with pimps and crap like that but seriously i love the missions or just cruising around...i guess that's why i like the older version more...

Sometimes for fun, I just run down a policeman and get chased by the cops :mrgreen:

Querida
28th February 2005, 02:07 AM

yeah i know that helicopter part is pretty tough...but the Hare Krishnas are not in vice city they're in the older version GTA III......i don't know if it's wild i mean i seriously don't like the whole slattern clubs and dealing with pimps and crap like that but seriously i love the missions or just cruising around...i guess that's why i like the older version more...

Sometimes for fun, I just run down a policeman and get chased by the cops :mrgreen:[/quote

yeah do that too...but i dont like driving their cop car as i do my own ride...i think it's hilarious when they call out the SWAT team on you

Mad Max
28th February 2005, 09:00 AM
yeah do that too...but i dont like driving their cop car as i do my own ride...i think it's hilarious when they call out the SWAT team on you

Yup. I hate police cars and ambulances because you cannot listen to music in those.

Because of this discussion, I got interested to load the game today again and chased and ran over the pizza guy for the umpteenth time :mrgreen:

a.ratchasi
28th February 2005, 09:29 AM
Racing, it's Daytona and NFS.
RPG, Blood is higly addictive though gory.
Space shooting, I vote for Galaxian.

Equally fascinating games are Antartica (little penguin), Bomberman, PacMan, Street fighter, Digger, Frogger, Paperboy

....hhmmm those arcade games....

Mad Max
28th February 2005, 09:35 AM
Racing, it's Daytona and NFS.
RPG, Blood is higly addictive though gory.
Space shooting, I vote for Galaxian.

Equally fascinating games are Antartica (little penguin), Bomberman, PacMan, Street fighter, Digger, Frogger, Paperboy

....hhmmm those arcade games....

Digger..great game. Used to play in the 80s. Have you played the Keen series?

I am surprised that no one here has played prince of persia!

a.ratchasi
28th February 2005, 09:39 AM
Afraid not, MM. :(
Though I cant recall names of many other games, the theme music or game works might bring back some pleasant memories. :)

Akash
28th February 2005, 10:13 AM
Blood is higly addictive though gory.

Have you tried Quake, Unreal!! those are really cool, when you play in network!!

AOE is my favourite.... and ROAD RASh is all time cool one :)

Querida
28th February 2005, 09:49 PM
I have found lately that i have no whatsoever patience to play Mafia the music gets on my nerves and the cars argh they're so clunky...the police are always on your tail...i guess after being totally reckless in GTA this seems to be too much of reality.. :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
28th February 2005, 11:13 PM
Great thread.

I went CRAZY WITH and COMPLETED ACTUALLY all levels

1. prince
2. prince 2
3. Age of empires
4. (I forgot It has a blond guy, who eats food
finds secret weapons and kills his enemies with gun :banghead:...)
5. All yahoo games like ...

Wordracer
literati
inspector parker
shapes
and almost everything in that list

MINESWEEPER and
FREE CELL

but my fav is always AGE OF EMPIRE.
i HAD maximum addiction for it.

Querida
1st March 2005, 01:31 AM
I really like soul reaver it's tough but it's graphics are wicked looking...also Onimusha 3: Demon Seige

helo220
1st March 2005, 10:42 PM
I look for games with low PC requirements (733mhz+geforce mx series) and works well too!!
FPS -Half-life 2, Call of Duty
TPS -Maxpayne 2,Splinter cell 1(however SC2 was a bummer)
Racing - NFSU2,NFS HIGH STAKES(Most misunderstood game),NFS 5
RTS - Rise of Nations
RPG - Sims, Jagged Alliance 2
etc

oldies?? MY ATARI 2600 games are the best
By the way I found out that creating a random no generator for book cicket is tedious (especially since it has to produce a different sequence everytime!!!).

(yeah they require high RAM-256MB but most ppl have the min specs)

hehehewalrus
2nd March 2005, 06:26 AM
i think all the games like Doom2, Prince, Age of empires are all junk. I prefer Pacman and DXBall. We are playing to relieve our brain, not exercise it :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Seriously, the best game is Lemonade Tycoon :D

Surya
2nd March 2005, 06:29 AM
Leamonade Tycoon is a sweet game. It can be addicting. :D

hehehewalrus
2nd March 2005, 06:34 AM
By the by, check out the games I programmed -

<link removed> Email me to get a copy!

One day cricket is fully complete - with Save to file option. Test cricket does not have the Save to file option but simulates Test cricket perfectly and is designed to produce positive results :)

Nerd
22nd June 2005, 06:12 AM
Any Y! Pool fanatics here?? I m proud to say that am one! That game is addictive :x

Only very few desis hav a good rating (>1600) and I havent seen any desis with 2000+ rating. Any hubbers tried playing that?

cucushock
5th July 2005, 07:31 PM
red alert 2
conter strike condition zero
fifa (ALL)
daytona usa
ea football management 2003
war craft3
age of empire
ceaser 3

Surya
6th July 2005, 12:12 AM
Any Y! Pool fanatics here?? I m proud to say that am one! That game is addictive :x

Only very few desis hav a good rating (>1600) and I havent seen any desis with 2000+ rating. Any hubbers tried playing that?

I remember being hooked on Y! Pool for about 6 months. Fortunatly I've been sober for a while now.

A few other good games,

Halo and Halo 2! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Starcraft and Broodwar! :D
Quake 2 and 3!
Medal of Honor, all of them!
Max Payne!

HindustaniLadka
6th July 2005, 02:36 AM
Ace Combat 5
Final Fantasy 10
Gran Turismo 4
Battle Field 2

hehehewalrus
6th July 2005, 02:47 AM
HL,
how come u missed the piethrowing game on Bush?

Surya
6th July 2005, 03:45 AM
HL,
Have u played Final Fantasy 7? It is the best one out of all of teh other Final Fantasies.

HindustaniLadka
6th July 2005, 07:37 AM
HL,
how come u missed the piethrowing game on Bush?

Oops, i forgot that one...thanks for reminding me! :D

Surya, i haven't played that one so far. I've wanted too for some time, but i don't have much time these days. I hear they are remaking it for the PS3 though.

Querida
6th July 2005, 09:35 PM
i had a really addictive bout with Tetris-like games...there's many that share same concepts but different names: bejewled, bricks etc.
Bricks was a handheld game where it held 2000 games what it really was that each "new" game differed one aspect of the tetris game...so that one you could change the figure rather than position, or place continuly changing figure in appropriate place etc. it really was addictive but impossible to beat because the increasing levels just ramped up the speed so that nothing could be controlled....

I get peeved at those games (usually old ones) that purposefully make it just impossible to beat, you can only achieve the same high level as others but finish the game...it has nothing to do with how well you can play...

Surya
9th July 2005, 05:39 AM
Yes, I heard! :D I"d say the PS3 is worth buying just for that game.
Yes, it's 1 of those games where u need atleast 6 months to beat. :D