PDA

View Full Version : Shifting to UAE

ShivShanth
2nd March 2005, 01:52 AM
Hi,
We are currently residing in UK and planning on moving to UAE.Just started looking up for jobs. Have a few questions:

How is life in UAE?Is it very restricting?

The cost of living there...how is it... like rent, utilities etc.

How about school education there?

How is the job market there for datawarehousing jobs?

Hope to learn something for people who've had the experience of living and working in UAE.

Thanks in advance. :)

trigit
1st May 2005, 09:57 PM
Matchan nee setha

hehehewalrus
2nd May 2005, 07:31 AM
:lol2:

Roshan
2nd May 2005, 10:01 AM
Matchan nee setha

WHY?????????

UAE is extremely a lovely place to live. I've been there and I know what a wonderful place it is. Specially for a professional, you get everything from a good salary pack to a company maintained apartment, vehicle , free medical facilities for the entire family etc.

Roshan
2nd May 2005, 02:21 PM
Besides you feel more at home coz, nearly 70% of the population is of foreigners and the majority from India. All cities are cosmopolitant and where ever you go you can see South Asians specially Indians , Pakistanis and Sri Lankans. If you are a Mallu then you have an additional advantage when seeking employement , as most of the companies there, are managed and owned by Malayalees.

Kalyani
2nd May 2005, 03:22 PM
:D

Roshan
2nd May 2005, 03:48 PM
Most of the points addressed by Kalyani are correct. Yeah true!! all dont get company maintained apartments, vehicles and free medical facilities but if you are professionally qualified ( like doctors, engineers ,accountants, nurses etc ) you get a good package. That's for sure. But experience too counts a lot. Government organizations such as "Etisalath" ( UAE Telecom) and Banks look after their employees very well.

Comparatively I preferred Abudhabi the capital of UAE to Dubai, mostly coz, it has a very calm environment.. Dubai is industrialized hence very busy. I have no experience regarding the job market and I've been there for just a period of 2 months as some of my family members lived/live there. Apart from the Gulf Times you may also go through the "Kaleej Times" - as this daily contains plenty of position vacant ads. But the best way to get a proper and decent job is to register with job agents over there. They do a good job for a very low cost or rather free of charge as the company which recruits the candidates would make the settlements to the agents.

Food is very cheap and you get all kinds of food and other stuff from all countries. Knowing Malayalam and Hindi - especially Malayalam would be an added advantage.

RSSKaran
2nd May 2005, 04:47 PM
**Matchan nee setha**

Tats right :lol: :lol: :lol: