PDA

View Full Version : Has Vidhyasagar let down Rajini????

sureshmehcnit
6th March 2005, 11:14 AM
It seems that many of them are disappointed with the "Devuda Devuda" intro song of Rajini. But i think the song will be liked after the movie's release. Remember, Muthu was the most disappointing album of a Rajini film ever, but the songs were super duper hit after the release of the movie. I don't say that Chandramukhi is equally good as Muthu but anyway the name Rajini and his screen presence will make it sound good. Let us wait and watch.

Btw here is my review on Chandramukhi album

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Chandramukhi_Album-70737-1.html

Smile
Sureshkumar

dinesh2002
6th March 2005, 12:36 PM
It seems that many of them are disappointed with the "Devuda Devuda" intro song of Rajini. But i think the song will be liked after the movie's release. Remember, Muthu was the most disappointing album of a Rajini film ever, but the songs were super duper hit after the release of the movie. I don't say that Chandramukhi is equally good as Muthu but anyway the name Rajini and his screen presence will make it sound good. Let us wait and watch.

Btw here is my review on Chandramukhi album

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Chandramukhi_Album-70737-1.html

Smile
Sureshkumar

- Muthu was the most disappointing album of a Rajini film ever

so ur saying muthu album is famouse because of Rajini's name & not the music?? and also its the most overated album for rajini???

Jacky
6th March 2005, 02:10 PM
"But i think the song will be liked after the movie's release."

Fans will miss SPB's usual authoritative rendering. Probably Rajni wanted SPB to be more subtle -- something to sync with his recent attitude change. Front benchers will miss Rajni's machismo.

popeye11
6th March 2005, 08:36 PM
All songs have IR touch in it.. and sounds familiar

slperson1
7th March 2005, 02:03 AM
supposedly this is a movie without rajini punch so tis prolli why the intro doesnt have that punch but still this album is lacking in quality.
i think Muthu is still the best rajini album follwed by padaiyappa.

sureshmehcnit
7th March 2005, 09:45 AM
Hey,

I got my point wrongly. Yes, definitely ARR has done a great job in Muthu but what i meant was initially they thought such music may not suit Rajini and hard core rajini fans couldn't toleate the songs like "Kuluvalilae" in which Udit sung for Rajini. But after the release of the movie they started liking it. What i meant whether the music is good or bad it will be hit after the release of the movie.

kbee
7th March 2005, 10:36 AM
Suresh, I read most of music reviews from you and you are really great. I admire you.

I myself is thinking of reviewing your reviews and start ranking them! The best I liked about your review is Virumandi.

BTW, do you write reviews for movie as well?

Can I use your review in our site (as a link or copy-paste!)

Thanks

sureshmehcnit
7th March 2005, 10:55 AM
Hi,

Happy to hear that you like my reviews. Yes, i do write reviews on movies. And you can add a link to my reviews on your site. By the way, may i know the address of your site. But hey, please don't copy and paste the review, because according to the terms and conditions of the site in which i am writing, i am not supposed to post the review in any other site. It will be a pleasure to know the ratings that you give for my reviews. Hmmm, Virumandi, which i wrote long back, will read it again now to know what is special in that review that made many of them like you to like it.

Smile
Suresh

alias
11th March 2005, 03:01 AM
Yes I would say. The best intro songs until this date is Oruvan Oruvan from Muthu. No song can beat that followed by Vandeda Palkaran from Annamalai and En peryar padaiyappa from padaiyappa. This song should be behind Athanda Ethanda from Arunachalam. And most of the songs have touch of IR and Muthu songs.

vincent
11th March 2005, 08:36 AM
DR.ILAYARAJA IS ALWAYS BEST FOR RAJINI'S MOVIES
THALABATHY'S SONG IS THE BEST EVER SONGS THAT WE CAN HEAR IN RAJINI'S FILM.
KING OF MUSIC ILAYARAJA IS THE BEST 4EVER................

Arjuna
12th March 2005, 01:11 AM
Its ARR all the way!! But VS has done a good job!! He is next to 'thalai'( ARR)

interz
12th March 2005, 02:13 AM
This topic should be named as whether we think Vidhyasagar has let down Rajni.

Cuz Rajni is extremely pleased with CHandramukhi songs. HE liked Devuda Devuda and Koncha Neram.

vincent
12th March 2005, 07:20 AM
Its ARR all the way!! But VS has done a good job!! He is next to 'thalai'( ARR)
"thalai" ARR???
hahaha aven oru thoosu macke
yennikumea KAPLA DR.ILAYARAJA-than
ARR thalai-nu sollathe!!!!
AJITH fans-lan kothichi poiruvaangge

Arjuna
12th March 2005, 09:11 PM
Dei vincent - Is Dr.IR related to Dr.Prakash :))

alias
15th March 2005, 01:47 AM
Thalapathy song was plain and simple. So that was not proper intro song at all for Thalaivar. And IR only song which I can think was Adatha Varisu (Aasai Noor Vagai) song the rest u can throw in the ditch.

aruvi
15th March 2005, 01:32 PM
Certainly Chandramukhi is not the best from Vidyasagar. But making music for Rajni's films are very limiting. The songs all have a heard before feel to them. I think he avoided experimenting because of Rajni's image, and the necessity for certain kind of songs. Personally, I didn't find Muthu songs to be great. Certainly not one of my top 10 ARR albums. I guess Chandramukhi will become popular after the release of the film.

Personally, I preferred the Malayalam version of the final song. But the lady who sings it does a good job. I guess they tried to make the music different from the original but VS couldn't let go of the original. It has a 'here and there' feel to it.

vincent
17th March 2005, 10:48 AM
Thalapathy song was plain and simple. So that was not proper intro song at all for Thalaivar. And IR only song which I can think was Adatha Varisu (Aasai Noor Vagai) song the rest u can throw in the ditch.
hey alias,
RAJINI MAYBE A THALAIVAR
BUT "MEASTRO" DR. ILAYARAJA'S MUSIC
WILL BEAT THE MOVIE
THAT'S WHY MOST DIRECTORS AFRAID TO TAKE DR. ILAYARAJA
IF DR. ILAYARAJA COMPOSE FOR A MOVIE
THE MUSIC WILL BE A MAIN ATRACTION OF THE FANS
THAT'S WHY RAJINI SAID IN A INTERVIEW HE DO'T WANT
DR. ILAYARAJA TO COMPOSE FOR HIS MOVIE
THIS HAPPENS AFTER RAJINI'S " EJAMAN"

alias
18th March 2005, 03:06 AM
Vincent, please have the facts right buddy?? After Ejaman veera came had IR score...Rajni was taking IR because he was the most sought after MD but after ARR came into picture, he pushed him out and too ARR (after DEva in Annamalai). He would have still preferred ARR but because of his hectic schedule ARR did not find a place in Chandramukhi, but if it was Jakkubhai ARR would have been there. Anyway the end product of chandramukhi is less than Baba.

rajasaranam
18th March 2005, 05:12 AM
alias

'the end product of chandramukhi is less than Baba'

but this album is selling better than Baba :-)
...and for you people its the selling point which should make a MD best...

mellon
18th March 2005, 05:19 AM
When Baba album came out, "they" said padayappaa was better

When "padayappA came out "they" said, muthu was better.

The same story, all the way. :)

Even if the MD let Rajni down, PEOPLE DONT and THEY NEVER will and that is why, the audio of CM sells with a new record!

Super* A kokkA!??? :lol: :lol:

vem
18th March 2005, 05:43 AM
Veera had IR because it was Panchu Arunachalam movie.

Rajini started liking new MDs right from the middle of 90s. Infact R.K.Selvamani once in an interview told that Rajini had confided to him about going for some other MD instead of IR ..... Ultimately when RK.S rejected the idea and somehow the whole project got shelved (as Rajini is very capricious)......

No offense meant. Just that Rajini doesnt like/respect IR as much as Kamal does.

mellon
18th March 2005, 05:49 AM
Personalities and talents are two different things.

IR has his own ego and I believe he is not easily approachable. May be for Rajni it is difficult to do business with him.

It happens :)

TISK
18th March 2005, 10:17 AM
Hope you all must have seen that one still of rajini with about 100 girls!! That one still gave me the confidence that SS has really taken good care of the choreography and as said by 'mellon' Ss will sure lift all the songs into super-duper hits! just watch!

netfriend4u2005
18th March 2005, 01:37 PM
Rajini is still not mature enough to get good music, and is carried away by his so called loyal friends circle.... which ends in bombing of films after film. The Chandramukhi is good because
chandramukhi+Vidyasagar > chandramukhi+ARR

alias
21st March 2005, 11:29 PM
rajasarnam, The audio is no match to Baba. Baba was more techno and far better in quality than the crapy Chandramukhi. So dont compare a gem with a brick stone. Baba music didnt go well because of the movie and when Baba was released, the audio was selling like hot cakes, it was only aftre the movie got released, it started slowling down thank for Rajni Script.

Arjuna
23rd March 2005, 10:18 PM
rajasrnam -> are ur IR's PRO? - was just wondering ? :))

ahmedrockinblues
24th March 2005, 01:09 AM
If thiss the great score thats supposed to grace the movie of thalaivar,id say its a big let down.All sounds like Ilayaraja leftovers.I wonder why IR stopped using SPB regularly and changed his style of songs.Chandramukhi simply vouches the fact that IRs music and compositions are timeless.Somebody please remind Isaignani this and pray to him to go back in time and rock tamil film music.Can anyone come up with a song like 'o vennilave ' from Anandakkummi

vincent
30th March 2005, 02:04 PM
WHATEVER CHANDRAMUKHI'S
SONG IS BETTER THAN
BABA!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOMETHING NEW FROM VIDYASAGAR FOR
"SUPERSTAR" RAJINIKANTH :wink:

Arjuna
30th March 2005, 07:58 PM
I guess Vincent must be either YSR or KR!! Both dont have any work sitting at home and typing bullshit!!

m_23_bayarea
5th April 2005, 02:16 AM
No matter what the critics feel, the audio is creating waves everywhere. Whether it's because of Rajini's image or VS's music, the end product is creating records. If the movie turns out to be like this, then Rajini's defamers will have to shut their mouths. They just did too much talking in the last 3 years.....Since the music is already rocking and the movie's stills are cool, it looks like Rajini is gonna kickass this time.

alias
5th April 2005, 10:05 PM
The audio was creating waves because there is no competition but now with the arrival of Sachin and with couple of weeks GF,Anniyan and Kana kanden, things would defintely change. Good Bye Chandramukhi.... come come GF, Anniyan.

Arjuna
7th April 2005, 10:39 PM
Rajni rocks!! Did u guys c the trailer - Awesome - pullarikuthu - when those villains keep their legs on rajni's chest and he rotates and all the villains flying - wow - only rajni can do it!! Ramadoss and Thirumalavan - ur days are numbered!!

TISK
8th April 2005, 02:36 AM
'Arjun, romba uNarchchi vasap padaadheenga!
CM is just a movie.
Dont bring in Ramdoss and Thirumaa and cause confusions
Let's just enjoy a neat Rajini movie without any problems!
neega kooda irundhE kaariyaththai keduththudaadheenga!
:-)))))

mellon
8th April 2005, 02:39 AM
Yeah, please leave "those two", Mr. Arjuna :)

vincent
8th April 2005, 08:43 AM
IN MAKKAL OSAI
VIDYASAGAR SAID THAT HE MEET DR. ILAYARAJA
TO GET SOME IDEA AND GET BLESSING FROM THAT GENUIS
BEFORE COMPOSE FOR RAJINI.
THATS WHY ATTHINTHOM AND ANNANODA PAATU
GOT ILAYARAJA'S TOUCH

interz
8th April 2005, 03:12 PM
dude you got any references???

Arjuna
8th April 2005, 05:54 PM
IN MAKKAL OSAI
VIDYASAGAR SAID THAT HE MEET DR. ILAYARAJA
TO GET SOME IDEA AND GET BLESSING FROM THAT GENUIS
BEFORE COMPOSE FOR RAJINI.
THATS WHY ATTHINTHOM AND ANNANODA PAATU
GOT ILAYARAJA'S TOUCH

Kilambitanya Kilambitanya!!

Arjuna
8th April 2005, 06:02 PM
Can someone remove the Caps lock from Mr.Vincent's keyboard!!

Raghu
8th April 2005, 07:53 PM
The audio was creating waves because there is no competition but now with the arrival of Sachin and with couple of weeks GF,Anniyan and Kana kanden, things would defintely change. Good Bye Chandramukhi.... come come GF, Anniyan.

Dear Child, did u not know uncle Rajni's movies and songs run, because of the 'Super Star Rajnikanth' Trademark? :? :shock: :roll:

After watching Rajni movie, ppl only talk about Rajni, not about anything else?

though the film success depends on many technicians, like camera man, lights man, editor, choregrapher, make up man...for it's success, this has no effect on any Rajni movie, ppl go to watch Super * movies to watch him, they don't give a damn about anything else.

This shows the awsome prows of the Super star

This can not be said for other actors like Kamal for example

Raghu
8th April 2005, 07:59 PM
VS was an excellent musician who used to be in Dr.SPB's troop, he gave excellent melodies, in my opinion he is the ONLY md to do justice to melody after IR the genius!

but he ended with ugly numbers for VJ movies, still he merged at least one decent song in all of his movies.

in CM

Athithom is excellent, largley due to the ever youthful and everlasting golden voice of Dr.SPB, devuda devuda has been saved my DR.SPB as well, Asha ji's song is very good as well not to mention RaRa

m_23_bayarea
12th April 2005, 11:37 PM

You should be kidding right !! Sachin atleast is OK, but ME ?? What were Kamal and IR thinking?? Did they make music for themselves or for the people? Is there atleast one normal song. And their fans have this excellent defense mechanism in the name of ART. They already say that it's JAZZ, ART of MUSIC, PURE CLASS bla bla bla. And all others are illeterates huh !! I think Kamal is just ruining his movies by not having the current hotties like Harris or VS or YSR for no reason. Look at VS. He knows exactly what ppl want and delivers it. That's good market analysis VS !! No wonder the CM audio has created records.

alias
13th April 2005, 01:47 AM
Dear (Raghu) father, yes I understand that ppl. go to watch Super star but they also have ears to listen to music. If the songs are good, that plays a major part in Super star success. Yes he alone can guarentee success, the story, screenplay, music plays a big part and thats where he failed in Baba. please do not misunderstand me, I am big big fan of Super star and I drove 3 hours to watch his movies without eating breakfast :cry:

vincent
13th April 2005, 02:54 PM
Can someone remove the Caps lock from Mr.Vincent's keyboard!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

alias
13th April 2005, 08:55 PM
vincent, we need to form a triangle me, u and Arjuna and call ourself Trimurthi/Tridev buddies because we are always involved in triangle fight :-)

Raghu
13th April 2005, 09:11 PM
Dear (Raghu) father, yes I understand that ppl. go to watch Super star but they also have ears to listen to music. If the songs are good, that plays a major part in Super star success. Yes he alone can guarentee success, the story, screenplay, music plays a big part and thats where he failed in Baba. please do not misunderstand me, I am big big fan of Super star and I drove 3 hours to watch his movies without eating breakfast :cry:

I am lost, :? was that post directed at me,I don't think so :? :?

vem
13th April 2005, 11:40 PM
I am just sick of old Kazhankattaigal like Ashaji, Lathaji singing duet songs :)))) Her pronounciaton is bad - on top of it her kazha koral spoils the song and u ultimately end up abhoring the song completely.

alias
14th April 2005, 01:47 AM

Dear Child, did u not know uncle Rajni's movies and songs run, because of the 'Super Star Rajnikanth' Trademark? :? :shock: :roll:

After watching Rajni movie, ppl only talk about Rajni, not about anything else?

though the film success depends on many technicians, like camera man, lights man, editor, choregrapher, make up man...for it's success, this has no effect on any Rajni movie, ppl go to watch Super * movies to watch him, they don't give a damn about anything else.

This shows the awsome prows of the Super star

This can not be said for other actors like Kamal for example

yes dude that post was for u in reply for this post.

kanth143
14th April 2005, 04:37 AM
tamil ver of Raa Raa

listen at raaga.com

http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/movie/A0000475.html

interz
14th April 2005, 04:00 PM
vidyasagar could have used nithyashree in tamil version too, she has unique voice

balaji
17th April 2005, 09:22 AM
Keralite Friends:

How is Vishu's release coming out.

I heard VS has done music for all these films (+ CHrandrmucki -reminds me of 80s when IR films swamp the theatres)

Kochirajavu
Alice In Wonderland
Chandrotsavam

MusicIndiaOnline has them and Chandrotsvam sounds mellodious..

Any more news
Bala

kanth143
23rd April 2005, 05:00 AM
nice

interz
23rd April 2005, 05:02 PM
vidyasagar is giving great melodies in malayalam, his talent is wasted by the directors who wants dappangoothu songs from him all time

vickyvichu
26th April 2005, 02:19 PM
personally...i feel ar rahman is da best for rajini..but still i feel tht vidyasaagar was not tht bad in cm....raa raa was really good though it had shades of minsaara kanna from padayappa...trust me i am not an arr fanatic but still i thot muthu n padayappa are one of da best albums of rajini...pls i wanna forget tht a movie by name baba existed...the whole movie was a nonsense!song situations were worse than tht...how do u xpect arr to compose songs in such situations?.

i am an ardent fan of ilayaraja....from an IR fan point of view i actually like IR+Rajini combo....but if u see from a rajini fan pt of view,he wud prefer Deva<baatsha> n Arr....he wont give importance to the songs basically....as long as it is fast n peppy n hav some lyrics with political pun :P thts abt it...

jibi
28th April 2005, 03:56 AM
All three movies he did in malayalam was appreciatable...the songs in each movie had a different mode... that was the big appreciation and his ability to churn out melodies :) ... The songs from movie Chandrolsavam turned out to be a new leaf...Eventhough all three movies floped the songs were good...

last week a new one came out Made in USA... a jayachandran number in the album will give him a big applause... awsome melody :) ...