PDA

View Full Version : Premier wonder grinder

rmykannan
9th March 2005, 07:53 PM
I'm planning to buy a wet grinder. have any one baught "PREMIER WONDER MIXIE SIZE GRINDER "? It is 1.5lit and looks compact. how is the grinder performance for grinding Rice/ Urud dhal. i found this in www.chennaiimports.com for resonable price. have any one baught in this website . please advice.

Thanks in Advance.
rmykannan

Prabha Sreenivas
11th March 2005, 06:15 PM
Hello Kannan,

The Premier Wonder is a very good grinder. It does not become hot either while or after grinding. Cleaning is very easy with its removable drum and it weighs only 11 kgs. I have been using it for a few months now, and I am really impressed. With its excellent styling and design and advanced features than any other grinder in the market, Premier Wonder is the best buy and gives you the best value for money at $159.99. It is all you need to enjoy your favourite idli, dosa, and vada. :D

tomato
15th March 2005, 12:18 PM
Does anyone know if this Premier Wonder Grinder is available in Singapore?

perfect peninsula Inc
16th March 2005, 10:43 AM
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/images/Sharp2Litres.jpg

Sharp Counter Top Wet grinder 2.00 ltr Capacity model is On Sale for $245 + FREE Shipping !!
http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/Sharp2Litres.html
Sharp 2 tr capacity is ideal for a family of 2 ~ 6 .
It is so convenient, Quick and easy !
You can grind 5 ~ 8 cups at a time !
This avoid you to grind multiple or repeated times.
Special Sale Offer $245.00 + Free Shipping !

For more info visit our web site
www.perfectpeninsula.com

rmykannan
16th March 2005, 11:02 PM
Hi Tomato,

www.chennaiimports.com carry premier wet grinder mixee size for reasonable price . they r located in canada. but u can email them and check if it is avail'be in singapore.

Chennai Imports Inc.
18th March 2005, 07:25 AM
Hello Tomato,

Please check with the following store in Singapore for Premier Wonder Grinder:

Jothi Store & Flower Shop
Address : 1 Campbell Lane Singapore 209882

Tel : 63387008
Fax : 63380070

dev
18th March 2005, 07:31 AM
yep...Jothi stores pushpa kadai should be carrying it... We can get all sorts of Indian things either from Mustafa or Jothy stores... Chk it out Tomato...

tomato
18th March 2005, 08:31 AM
Thanx Chennai imports and thanx dev. I'll definately go and check it out.

tomato
21st March 2005, 02:44 PM
Hi,
I went to the Jyothi store to check out the grinder. They Have 2 models. Both Premier Wonder Gr.(1.5 lts) and also premier tilting Gr (2 lts). I would most probably go for the wonder grinder .
But only thing I'm not so happy abt is the lid. Both the grinders have plastic lids without any lock ( ie the lid is just palced on the grinder and is not locked to the drum.)
does this pose any prob while grinding? Since it is plastic will the lid fit well after using the grinder for a few months. Other older models that I've seen being used in homes in India seem to either have a strong steel lid or at least the lid is locked in some way to the drum or the grinder body.
Anyone who has already used this grinder pls reply. It well help me make the rt choice.

rmykannan
22nd March 2005, 10:42 PM
Hi,
I baught Premier wet grinder mixee size. it performs well for the price. I like it. it doesnt gets heated up and is easy to lift.

Regarding the lid, i didnt find it to b a problem, i even took the lid off and allowed to grind , the batter didnt splatter outside.

though a question, after i lift the drum after grinding i found some batter in the needle that is projecting out( in the base motor) . have any one experienced the same!!

riceandbeans
23rd March 2005, 06:37 AM
I have a Premier Tilting model and I love it. I have had some problems making my idlis because they don't come out nice I think I am using too much water for grinding. Can anyone tell me the exact proportions of rice, dal and water to make nice idlis using a grinder??

rmykannan
23rd March 2005, 08:28 PM
hi rice and beans,
To my experience, use par boiled rice and whole urud dhal. 3 portions of rice and 1 portion of urud dhal works fine for me. soak well overnight and grind next day morning ie 6 to 7 hrs. as per instructions of the premier grinder booklet, i grind urud dhal first ie for 1 cup urud dhal u can add initially 3/4 cup water and add water later if needed , for 3 portions of rice add initially 1 and 3/4 cup of water and allow to grind. if the batter isnt finner, add little more water to make smooth grinding.later add salt,LG powder. i use the same procedure for dosa and i will soak along with urud dhall 1 spoon of fenugreek seeds(vendhayam).

riceandbeans
23rd March 2005, 10:43 PM
Thank you for the answer. Another question I have is how much time should it take to gride the urud dal and the rice batters?

rmykannan
23rd March 2005, 11:52 PM
hi rice and beans,
the grinding time depends on the grinder and also the quantity u intend to grind. when u grind the inc'dnts individually i think for 3:1 rice/urud , urud dhal might take 20min or more. and rice might take 35min or more. this time may vary. but anyways when u think the grinding is over, please unplug and check the batter by felling it. this will give u an idea whether it is done r u have to grind still.

riceandbeans
24th March 2005, 06:07 AM
You were so very helpful. Thank you again for your instructions.

newcomer
31st March 2005, 06:03 AM
Thank you! very good information about wet grinders.

malinibalaguru
9th August 2005, 11:29 PM
I'm planning to get a wet grinder. Has anyone been using Sharp - Point countertop wet grinder, 2litres capacity? If so, plz let me know if it is good.

Thanks

malinibalaguru
9th August 2005, 11:29 PM
I'm planning to get a wet grinder. Has anyone been using Sharp - Point countertop wet grinder, 2litres capacity? If so, plz let me know if it is good.

Thanks