PDA

View Full Version : Seithikal Pala Kodi - Athellaam unmai alla

RR
15th March 2005, 02:13 PM
(Offshoot from the following post by Manisekaran in another thread.)

The cinema field is so vast and wide that none of us have all that comprehensive information on the minute details. There are far too many gaps in the cine field, yet to be ironed out. Sometimes even published sources may not be revealing the exact truth. I have quoted before and may want to refresh again. Just look at these published sources:

1. Irukkum Idathai Vittu Illatha Idam Thedi- there is an argument as to who had written this song. Some say it was by Kannadasan, while others say it was by Ka Mu Sherriff. It was the well informed writer Jayakanthan who raised this issue in his book Oru Ilakkiyavaathiyin kalaithurai Anubavangal. In fact both of them have written this song in different forms- Kannadasan in Thiruvarutchelvar and Ka Mu Sheriff in Panam Panthilyie.

2. For a very long time there was a confusion as to who wrote the song Ethanai Kaalamthan Ematruvar intha Naattile-Some argued that it was by Tanjai Ramiah Dass, while others said it was by Namakkal Kavingar. The credit in the film talks of both of them ahving writen songs for the film. Then comes Muthulingam who said that he was the one who wrote it. What was the age of Muthulingam when the film Malaikkallan was produced and what was his profession- asked KUMDAM weekly. Finally it dawned that the song was written by Tanjai Ramaiah Dass.

3. Vizhiye Kathai Ezhuthu- Urimaikkural- Record says Vaali, but actually by Kannadasan.

4. Kan mai Enthum Vizhi Aada- Poojaikku vantha Malar- Record says it was by Vaali, but was written by Kannadasan for Pachai Vilakku. Could not be used there, and MSV used it here.

5. Mayakkum Maalai Pozhuthe Nee Po Po- record says MSV/TKR but was composed by KVM for Koondukkili.

6. Putham Puthu Meni-Balamurali and P. Suseela- Subathinam- record says by KVM, but originally composed by TG Lingappa

7. Kunguma Poove- Maragatham- record says by SM Subbiah Naidu, but composed by TG Lingappa.

8. Vaana Meethil Neenthi Odum Vennilaave and Kongu naattu Chengarumbe Thangachilaye- the version of Sergazhi Govindarajan was composed by G Ramanathan, but GRamanathan was not to be involved when Trichy Loganathan sang and recorded the same songs at Gemini Studios.

9. There are three lyricists for the song Sirippu- Raajaraani, but only the name of Maruthakazi appears.

10. There are two lyricists for the song Kan Vazhi Pugunthu in Thookku Thookki, but only the name of Udumalaiyaar appears.

NagaS
15th March 2005, 02:28 PM
11. vaalee wrote 'malligai en mannan mayangum', which is mentioned (even today) as Kannadasan's song in AIR

NagaS

Manisekaran
15th March 2005, 02:38 PM
Nerungi Nerungi Pazhagum Pothu Nenjam Onraagum is in Netru Inru Naalai with MSV as the MD. But this song was composed by KVM for another movie and used here.

RR
16th March 2005, 08:14 AM
'mettu onnu paattu thedi' (kaathal mannan) was composed by MSV (also sung & acted). His name doesn't appear in the credits (as MD).

madhu
16th March 2005, 06:06 PM
Hi!

"ethanai kalamthan ematruvar" is really written by two people.. I think. The pallavi and anupallavi were written by namakkal kavignar and the two charanams by thanjai ramaiah das.
just by hearing the song .. u can feel the difference in the lyrics..

the anupallavi is joining with the pallavi again like..."pamara makkaLai valaiyinil mAtti.. ethanai kAlamthAn"... but the other two charanams are totally different.. like "theruvengum paLLigaL kattuvom" and "ALukkoru veedu kattuvom" :P

mexicomeat
16th March 2005, 06:12 PM
'mettu onnu paattu thedi' (kaathal mannan) was composed by MSV (also sung & acted). His name doesn't appear in the credits (as MD).
i wrote the song "chinna chinna aasai" in roja and i didnt get credits as well :(

app_engine
17th March 2005, 12:33 AM
Digression -
Though unrelated to TFM, the link shows how much erratic the news agencies can be at times (please check the percentages...)
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.asp?Symbol=US:F&Feed=AP&Date=20050301&ID=4277895

AP ippadi pizhaigaL malindha seidhi tharumpozhudhu, what can be said about our `poyyilE piRandhu poyyilE vaLarndhu, poyyilE vAzhum' TF perumakkaL?
End-digression

NagaS
17th March 2005, 11:51 AM
i wrote the song "chinna chinna aasai" in roja and i didnt get credits as well :(

Oru thread ozungaa poga vidamaattaangaLaa ... kadavuLae !

NagaS

SN23
17th March 2005, 12:45 PM
maNiyE maNi kuyile song was sung by Mano and SJ, but it record it is given as Mano & Chitra.

NagaS
17th March 2005, 01:27 PM
that song (maniye manikkuyilae) had first couple of lines sung by IR

NagaS

Renault
18th March 2005, 04:54 PM
Madhu,

I thought Etthanai kaalam thaan yemaattruvaar" song was written by C.N.Annadurai, former Tamil Nadu CM??

mexicomeat
19th March 2005, 03:40 PM

Oru thread ozungaa poga vidamaattaangaLaa ... kadavuLae !

NagaS

as s s chandran would say "nalla irundhu nasama ponga" :lol: :lol: just kidding

saradhaa_sn
23rd July 2005, 04:52 PM
Let us list out un-used songs in the films (I dont want to open a new thread)

These are some songs which were recorded for movies but not included (as per my rememberance):

1) Thendral Varum...Sethi varum .....(Paalum Pazhamum)
2) Chinnanjiru veedu idhu singaara veedu..... (Panamaa Paasamaa)
3) Yaarodum Pesakkoodaathu...aagattum.... (Ooty varai uravu)
4) Pombalaiyaa Latchanamaa... (Ilaiya Thalaimurai)
5) Oru tharam orey tharam...(Kalattaa Kalyaanam, but used in Sumadhi en Sundhari)
6) Malargaley Naadhasvarangal.... (Kizhakkey Pogum Rayil)
7) Puthampudhu Kaalai.... (Alaigal Oyvathillai)

anything more..???..please continue....

S.Balaji
25th July 2005, 10:00 PM
Let us list out un-used songs in the films (I dont want to open a new thread)

These are some songs which were recorded for movies but not included (as per my rememberance):

1) Thendral Varum...Sethi varum .....(Paalum Pazhamum)
2) Chinnanjiru veedu idhu singaara veedu..... (Panamaa Paasamaa)
3) Yaarodum Pesakkoodaathu...aagattum.... (Ooty varai uravu)
4) Pombalaiyaa Latchanamaa... (Ilaiya Thalaimurai)
5) Oru tharam orey tharam...(Kalattaa Kalyaanam, but used in Sumadhi en Sundhari)
6) Malargaley Naadhasvarangal.... (Kizhakkey Pogum Rayil)
7) Puthampudhu Kaalai.... (Alaigal Oyvathillai)

Madhipukkuriya Saradhajii,

You are a veteran and Authority on Old films and dont give even 1% chance to poor guys like me because your list is complete !!

Keep something in your ammunition always !

Best regards
anything more..???..please continue....

saradhaa_sn
27th July 2005, 01:38 PM
Two more songs, which were not in the films:

8) 'Kangalinaal kaanbathellaam manadhiniley paarththu vitten'... (Nadodi) by PS, with only humming of TMS.
9)'Ulagam sutrum vaalibanodoru payanam vandhaval naan'.... (Ulagam sutrum vaaliban) by TMS & PS.

any more..??

S.Balaji
27th July 2005, 01:43 PM
Two more songs, which were not in the films:

8) 'Kangalinaal kaanbathellaam manadhiniley paarththu vitten'... (Nadodi) by PS, with only humming of TMS.
9)'Ulagam sutrum vaalibanodoru payanam vandhaval naan'.... (Ulagam sutrum vaaliban) by TMS & PS.

any more..??

Yes, yes, Ulagam sutrum vaaliban - nice song but missed out by MGR.

I wish to add :

1. Idayam oru koil - IR ( apart from SPB ) also sang that song but did not come out
2. Un paarvayil Or aayiram kavidhai naan - Amman koil kizakalay - By jesudas was not picturised .
The one picturised was of SJ I think

Let me explore further.

saradhaa_sn
27th July 2005, 01:51 PM
Hello Balaji...

'Un paarvaiyil or aayiram kavithai naan'... by SJ & KJY is there in the movie (Radha & VK, song statrt in house then move to outdoor.

Another missing song :

"Dhevan Koyil deepam ondru"... by SNSurendhar (Naan paadum paadal) is not in the movie. Only SJ's same song is there for Ambika.

S.Balaji
27th July 2005, 02:00 PM
Hello Balaji...

'Un paarvaiyil or aayiram kavithai naan'... by SJ & KJY is there in the movie (Radha & VK, song statrt in house then move to outdoor.

Another missing song :

"Dhevan Koyil deepam ondru"... by SNSurendhar (Naan paadum paadal) is not in the movie. Only SJ's same song is there for Ambika.

Un paarvayil - Song was also sang by KJY solo , I have heard that song apart from KJY and Chitra. By the way, it was Chitra and KJY ,( not SJ ).

Devan koil - yes nice one by SNS but unfortunately got missed out .

S.Balaji
27th July 2005, 03:49 PM
I wish to share with you all , what TMS revealed in one programme some time back.

This was about the MGR - TMS rift for a short period.

When MGR was making adimai pen , he approached TMS to sing a song but at that time TMS had to attend some personal function and hence he told MG that he will come back and sing that song.

MG typically got wild and within 24 hours summoned a young and energetic guy - YOU ALL KNOW WHO WAS THAT GUY - It was SPB !!!

Yes, it was a rude shock to TMS himself as he saw the news item on the next day - MGR putting garland to SPB and embracing him

The song which SPB sang - you are all aware is - AAYIRAM NILAVAY VAA !!!!!!!!!

Eventhough the song was a super hit, MG was not happy with other songs as for his Kolgai parappu themes, he could not get any better voice other than TMS .
TMS was very very upset with this development as he felt that there was no fault of his for MG to get upset with him

Again MG approached after sometime for patchup .

This time, TMS agreed to sing for MG but told him EMPHATICALLY that as MG himself approached him again, he has to be paid more fees for singing !!! MG immediately agreed to it and the relationship got renewed

Thayillmal naanilai , I think what TMS told that he sang again for MG ( again in the same movie )

saradhaa_sn
10th August 2005, 11:29 AM
From 'Jayachandran' thread, I understood
there is another missing song:

"Swara Raaga".... from 'Andha 7 Naatkal'
which is not included in that movie.

S.Balaji
27th August 2005, 11:00 AM
[tscii:dd08576793]Can somebody share with us on… why MSV / TKR got split…..

Tamil music was the ultimate loser……. Really sad ……… I wish somebody should have tried to patch them..
[/tscii:dd08576793]

S.Balaji
27th August 2005, 11:03 AM
[tscii:d93974e7bd]Also can someone share the truth on the BR / IR split…. Why did the two giants got separated… eventhough BR could get good songs from Rehman and ……. For Kodi parakkuthu…. But still… BR with IR will be the ultimate combination….

May we know the truth……

Also others like KB and MR… moving towards Rehman from IR… in the early 90s….. Any specific reason…..
[/tscii:d93974e7bd]

S.Balaji
27th August 2005, 11:05 AM
[tscii:a5d276b077]I also heard a lot about Asokan’s Netru Indru Naalai…….. I believe he was put to severe financially strain in this movie and was almost lost…….

[/tscii:a5d276b077]

saradhaa_sn
27th August 2005, 06:49 PM
Can somebody share with us on… why MSV / TKR got split…..

Tamil music was the ultimate loser……. Really sad ……… I wish somebody should have tried to patch them..

Dear Balaji,

Once when I was reading an article by Director (late) Ramannaa, he mentioned about the 'virisal' between MSV and TKR in the song recording of his 'Periya Idaththu Penn' (a MGR movie).

After that TKR seperately recorded the song "Kattodu kuzhal aada..aada..."
and MSV seperately recorded the song "Andru vandhathum idhey nilaa".

So, from there only the split started and many giants like Sreedhar, Bandhulu, Beemsingh were tried to patch. The cold war continued for nearly 3 years. When the situation came that they cant work united anymore, BR Bandhulu told them, 'Finish my Aayirathil Ouvan before you part'. They accepted and come to a decition not to accpet any more new movies unitedly until Aayirathil Oruvan finish.

Before 'Aayirathil Oruvan' complete, MSV seperately put agreement with GN Velumani for the film 'Kalangarai Vilakkam' and TKR seperately accepted the movie 'Marakka Mudiyuma' from Kalainger's Mekala Pictures.

Rest of them all well known history.

Really their spilit is a big loss for 'Mellisai' lovers.

S.Balaji
28th August 2005, 05:26 PM
Sad to hear this about the MSV TKR split....

Is there any movie with the duo not getting any hits ??

I dont remember any such single movie not becomming hits

Even in 1000 in 1.... they were at their best.... all song were glorious....

One consoling factor is that I could see them both performing some music programme together recently....

Which means all old issues are forgotten and forgiven.....

S.Balaji
28th August 2005, 05:28 PM
[tscii:1d51852d05]Also wonder why LRE did not sing for IR……. May be he found the voice of SJ apt….for even LRE type of songs……..[/tscii:1d51852d05]

united07
28th August 2005, 05:49 PM
To add to MSV+TKR re-united saga..
they composed jointly for a Satyaraj movie, Yengiruntho Vaanthan back in late 90's but the songs were not a hit at all.