PDA

View Full Version : How do I change my yahoo address?

RedPepper
11th November 2004, 10:23 PM
My yahoo address is *****@yahoo.com.sg. Is there anyway I can change this to *****@yahoo.com? :?:

Thanks.

Sandeep
12th November 2004, 12:24 AM
Only way is to register the same id in www.yahoo.com. As of now you are registered in sg.yahoo.com(Yahoo Singapore)

blahblah
12th November 2004, 10:48 AM
Uhm!provided that id is available at yahoo.com. 8)

RR
12th November 2004, 11:20 AM
yahoo checks your IP and if its an .sg domain, it'll redirect you to sg.yahoo.com (google too). So you need an IP not ending in .sg.

arr
12th November 2004, 11:52 AM
My yahoo address is *****@yahoo.com.sg. Is there anyway I can change this to *****@yahoo.com? :?:

Thanks.

Just use an american anonymous proxy server and register. It'll work.

OR

Ask Sandeep to register that ID for you!
He's from Newyork!
He should be able to do it for you!
-------
I hope that he is (really!!) from Newyork.

RedPepper
12th November 2004, 07:13 PM
I tried to register the same username using yahoo.com. But the username is unavailable. I would like to keep my username since I use it for yahoo messenger, but want to get the .sg part out of my mailing address. Any thoughts? :?:

mandangi
17th February 2005, 01:14 PM
There is no portal which allows to change email adress. But some portals allow to change passwords.

Akash
17th February 2005, 05:47 PM
I tried to register the same username using yahoo.com. But the username is unavailable. I would like to keep my username since I use it for yahoo messenger, but want to get the .sg part out of my mailing address. Any thoughts? :?:

That's the prob with yahoo. No matter if you have yr username@yahoo.co.in or @co.sg or what ever, you cannot have the same name in any other domain, like yahoo.com or any other yahoo domain...

Just go and have a look at adding new friend in YM, it needs only the Username not the "@domain-name"... Yahoo has mutliple server(with different domain names) for countries to reduce the traffic!! not to increase username :(