PDA

View Full Version : General Comments on the new Hub

RR
5th October 2004, 03:17 PM
ÍõÁ¡ ´Õ §º¡¾¨É..

NOV
15th October 2004, 01:58 PM
vaNakkam! en varugai nal varugaiyaaga irukka aandavan thunai puriyanum.... :lol:

RR
19th October 2004, 03:02 PM
யூனிகோட் சோதனை

akil
20th October 2004, 04:24 AM
good effort. thanks for making forumhub much more interesting and enjoyable.

geno
20th October 2004, 05:59 PM
þô§À¡Ð ¾Á¢Æ¢ø þΨ¸¸û ¦ºöÐ À¡÷ì¸ þÂø¸¢ÈÐ.

¬É¡ø À¨ÆÂ Ó¨È §À¡Ä §¿ÃÊ¡¸ þí§¸§Â ¾ð¼îÍ ¦ºöÐ þΨ¸ ¾Ã ÓÊÔÁ¡?

«øÄÐ notepad -ø «Êò¾ TSCII text--³
copy & paste ¦ºöо¡ý þ¼ ÓÊÔÁ¡? ±ýÀ¨¾ Å¢Çì¸×õ

:=)

username
20th October 2004, 07:23 PM
Hello

Cygnus
20th October 2004, 08:07 PM
Cool re-incarnation, thanks a bunch to admins :D

Karuvayan
21st October 2004, 12:29 AM
good job, administrator.

RR
21st October 2004, 11:07 AM
[tscii:c4b3d3b9f6]Ò¾¢Â ÊŠ¸¢ §¼ì §º¡¾¨É[/tscii:c4b3d3b9f6]

geno
21st October 2004, 11:54 AM
[tscii:9d38d2fb44]

¦ºýȾ¢É¢ Á£Ç¡Ð 㼧Ã!¿£÷
±ô§À¡Ðõ ¦ºýȨ¾§Â º¢ó¨¾ ¦ºöÐ
¦¸¡ýÈÆ¢ìÌõ ¸Å¨Ä¦ÂÛõ ÌƢ¢ø Å£úóÐ
̨Á¡¾£÷!¦ºýȾ¨Éì ÌÈ¢ò¾ø §Åñ¼¡õ.
*ýÚÒ¾¢ ¾¡öôÀ¢È󧾡õ ±ýÚ ¿£Å¢÷
±ñ½ Á¨¾ò ¾¢ñ½ÓÈ *¨ºòÐì ¦¸¡ñÎ
¾¢ýÚÅ¢¨Ç ¡Ê¢ýÒü È¢ÕóÐ Å¡úÅ£÷;
¾£¨Á¦ÂÄ¡õ «Æ¢óЧÀ¡õ,¾¢ÕõÀ¢ šá.

- Á¸¡¸Å¢ À¡Ã¾¢Â¡÷

[/tscii:9d38d2fb44]

geno
21st October 2004, 11:56 AM
woww!! the new tscii tag works RR!!

thanks a lot!!

Roshan
21st October 2004, 12:46 PM
geno,

I'm unable to read the Barathiyar kavithai. But I can read your previous post made in Tamil. Problem continues for me :(

Manian
21st October 2004, 01:31 PM
test msg
§º¡¾¨É

Roshan
21st October 2004, 01:58 PM
WOW!!!! now I can read the Barathiyar kavithai geno!!! :D

geno
21st October 2004, 02:42 PM
vAzthukkaL roshan!

ALL our friends back at the old hub need to try out this tscii tag soon and get used to it!

citrus
21st October 2004, 04:52 PM
hi RR[admin] nice work friend ,now forum hub looks more impressive.keep improving it.

tnx for this extra special look!!

hast off for u!!

Cygnus
21st October 2004, 06:19 PM
[tscii:079ec76f0d]
¾Á¢ú ±ØòÐÕî §º¡¾¨É! Thamiz test post
ƒ£§É¡, À¡Ã¾¢ ¸Å¢¨¾¨Âô À¾¢ôÀ¢ò¾Ð ¿ýÈ¡¸×ûÇÐ
[/tscii:079ec76f0d]

Riya
21st October 2004, 08:41 PM
Wow. barathiyar kavithal ellam super.. :D

Good job Admin for making this site.

shilpa
21st October 2004, 09:19 PM
oh God my ID got saved luckily.Noone registered in it.Gr8 :D

shilpa
21st October 2004, 09:59 PM
shilpa also joined this new hub.

RR
21st October 2004, 10:15 PM
why, why shilpa. wanna take pride in being the first one to be banned?

shilpa
21st October 2004, 10:22 PM
oh no no no nooooooooooo no banning.I will remain silent. :shock: :lol:

priya
22nd October 2004, 12:45 AM
hi
glad to be in the new hub
job well done to adminstrators and everyone involved.
good luck to u all. :D

Surya
22nd October 2004, 05:27 AM
Hi guys,
This new Hub is great. Can't wait until it's complete! :D :) :o

22nd October 2004, 07:05 AM
OK :cry:

Muradan Mummu
22nd October 2004, 07:20 AM
Geno,

I am here finally.

Let's make a New year resolution that we will not react to any provocation from the bad elements in this forum like karuvayan. (I know it is still 2 months before the new year but we can make advance resolutions can't we? :D )

I am happy to see that people did not react angrily to karuvayan's provocations in this thread. Let's keep it that way.

There is hope that sense will prevail in this new forum because Mr. Rajaram is participating actively here now and he will hopefully moderate the discussions here.

Congrats and best wishes to Mr. Rajaram and Mr. Balaji in rolling out this nice new forum.

RC, where are you?

Surya
22nd October 2004, 08:15 AM
MMC,
as long as you don't post filth about hinduism, there will be no problem. But can u hold yourself from doing it? Lets see. 8)

Karuvayan
22nd October 2004, 08:20 AM
Mr. MMC, (a.k.a geno a.k.a Mummudi Bond a.k.a Mad Max Cholan)

Your reputation on this forum is well known. To both administrators and forumhubbers alike.

Does anyone need to be reminded of this:

From: mummudicholan (@ alecto.mt.pl) on: Sun May 9 09:03:01 EDT 2004

I suggest the administrator ban the "geno" ID as well as the mummudicholan aliases. Does the evidence not speak for itself?

Surya
22nd October 2004, 08:44 AM
Karuvayan,
You're right, but do u think that he will change in this forum, should we give him another chance? 8)

RR
22nd October 2004, 09:06 AM
I suggest the administrator ban the "geno" ID as well as the mummudicholan aliases. Does the evidence not speak for itself?

Everyone gets a fresh chance. But we'll watch carefully bad behaviour. Creating alias ID's will NEVER be condoned. Banning will be done without second thought. It's now very easy to ban people forever.

Karuvayan, don't post obscene stuff here. (If you want to quote it, just put a pointer. ) This too is considered not right.

MMC
22nd October 2004, 09:15 AM

Everyone gets a fresh chance. But we'll watch carefully bad behaviour. Creating alias ID's will NEVER be condoned. Banning will be done without second thought. It's now very easy to ban people forever.

Karuvayan, don't post obscene stuff here. (If you want to quote it, just put a pointer. ) This too is considered not right.Good reply to the fellow who was trying to provoke a fight here. I must commend him though for really trying.

Mr. Rajaram, as the owner of the hub, YOU know who started the entire cycle of filth and counter filth that ultimately brought disgrace to the forum. If only you had participated actively and banned IDs and deleted provocative posts by Karuvayan & co, I would never have retaliated by posting counter filth (I am not justifying my actions here, but this point has to be stressed).

Please, please do not let the religious fanatics ruin this forum also.

MMC
22nd October 2004, 09:18 AM
Also thanks to the admin for deleting the OBSCENE post made by Karuvayan.

Karuvayan
22nd October 2004, 09:26 AM
Dear RR:

You are correct. Even providing a link to graphic material, or quoting the same- albeit with exclusion of certain "choice" language - must be considered as constituting an offence of the first magnitude. On another note, I agree that it is well to offer certain former miscreants a second chance. Best wishes to you and your forum.

Roshan
22nd October 2004, 09:35 AM
RR,

I'm now able to read and post Tamil scripts here. Thanks so much for your kind help :)

And a big THANK YOU for removing those obscence posts immediately. We were craving for a STRICT control system and I sincerely hope , that such a system has been implemented here now.

THANKS once again :)

Muradan Mummu
22nd October 2004, 10:06 AM
And a big THANK YOU for removing those obscence posts immediately. We were craving for a STRICT control system and I sincerely hope , that such a system has been implemented here now. Amen To that! :D

The main thing is that we should keep our cool and not retaliate against people like Karuvayan and Miss Surya.

Surya
22nd October 2004, 10:19 AM
-deleted-

RR
22nd October 2004, 10:22 AM
And a big THANK YOU for removing those obscence posts immediately. We were craving for a STRICT control system and I sincerely hope , that such a system has been implemented here now.

It'll definitely be stricter than before. But removal is done manually, so you have to be realistic. Need your help to ping me on abuses. (thanks to those who've already done so.) PM me, I'll delete asap.

Roshan
22nd October 2004, 10:33 AM
Need your help to ping me on abuses. (thanks to those who've already done so.) PM me, I'll delete asap.

Sure I'll extend my help in all possible ways to keep this place clean :)

geno
22nd October 2004, 03:20 PM
[tscii:0815db3253]
¿ñÀ÷¸ÙìÌ Å½ì¸í¸û!

þó¾ô Ò¾¢Â ÁýÈò¾¢ø - ¾Á¢ú ¿¡Ùõ ÅÇ÷ô§À¡õ!

¿õÓ¨¼Â "àÃòÐ ¿ñÀ÷¸û" («¾¡ÅÐ ¿õ¨Á ±¾¢Ã¢¸Ç¡¸ ¿¢¨ÉôÀÅ÷¸û) - ±ýÉ §Àº¢É¡Öõ ºÃ¢ - «Å÷¸ÙìÌ À¾¢Ö¨ÃòÐì ¦¸¡ñÊÕ측Р- ¾Á¢úì ¸Å¢¨¾ ´ý¨È§Â À⺡¸ò ¾Õ§Å¡õ «Å÷¸ÙìÌ!

¿ñÀ÷¸û «¨ÉÅÕõ þó¾ þ¨½Âò¾Çò¾¢ø þÕóÐ - ¾Á¢úì ¸Å¢¨¾¸¨Ç ±ÎòÐ - þí§¸ ¾Ã §ÅñΦÁýÚ «ý§À¡Î §¸ðÎ즸¡û¸¢§Èý!

Here's a nice place to find Bharathiyar and Bharathidasan's poetry :

http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/ 8)
[/tscii:0815db3253]

thomas
22nd October 2004, 05:32 PM
:?:

SR
22nd October 2004, 11:32 PM
just testing waters....hope this must be damn fine.

Muradan Mummu
23rd October 2004, 05:00 AM
-deleted-Dear RR,
Good job deleting the RSS woman Miss Surya's obscenities & abuses. Thank you very much. 8)

In addition to deleting these obscene posts by these RSS thugs, it will be useful to give out a strict warning to this woman like the one you gave to that karuvayan fellow. As you may know very well, this woman is one of the leading obscene posters in the hub.

Muradan Mummu
23rd October 2004, 05:05 AM
[tscii:5e1348a612]

¿ñÀ÷¸ÙìÌ Å½ì¸í¸û!

þó¾ô Ò¾¢Â ÁýÈò¾¢ø - ¾Á¢ú ¿¡Ùõ ÅÇ÷ô§À¡õ!

¿õÓ¨¼Â "àÃòÐ ¿ñÀ÷¸û" («¾¡ÅÐ ¿õ¨Á ±¾¢Ã¢¸Ç¡¸ ¿¢¨ÉôÀÅ÷¸û)
±ýÉ §Àº¢É¡Öõ ºÃ¢ - «Å÷¸ÙìÌ À¾¢ÖÃòÐì ¦¸¡ñÊÕ측Р- ¾Á¢úì ¸Å¢¨¾ ´ý¨È§Â À⺸ò ¾Õ§Å¡õ «Å÷¸ÙìÌ!

¿ñÀ÷¸û «¨ÉÅÕõ þó¾ þ¨½Â ¾Çò¾¢ø þÕóÐ - ¾Á¢úì ¸Å¢¨¾¸¨Ç ±ÎòÐ - þí§¸ ¾Ã §ÅÏÁ¡ö «ý§À¡Î §¸ðÎ즸¡û¸¢§Èý!

here is a nice place to find Bharathiyar and bharathidasan's poetry :

http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/

:=)))

[/tscii:5e1348a612]

Instead of responding to the provocations by the thugs, I decided to PM Mr. Rajaram regarding the abuses. You can see the result yourself. Miss Surya's obscenities have been deleted by the admin! Let's all put the PM (Private Message) button to good use!

If these RSS thugs keep abusing like this, people will click on the PM button so much that the button will wear out and they may have to buy a new button! :D Haha Just joking!

Chenthamizhan
23rd October 2004, 05:27 AM
[tscii:d62ea57dba]

ÁýÈò¾¢ý ¯Ä¸ò¾¢Ã¢
þÉ¢¦¾ýÚ Í¨ÅòÐò ¾Á¢ÆȢš÷
¿ý¦ÈýÚ ¯¨ÃÅ¡÷

[/tscii:d62ea57dba]

geno
23rd October 2004, 04:08 PM
[tscii:ebeefca0ee]

šƢ ¦ºó¾Á¢ú!

Å¡ú¸ "¦ºó¾Á¢Æ÷!"

ÅÇ÷¸!Å¡Æ¢Â!! ¯Ä¸ò¾¢Ã¢ ¿ñÀ÷ÌÆ¡õ!!!

Å¡ú¸ ÀøÄ¡ñÎ ÁýÈ ¨ÁÂõ ¯Ä¸ò¾Á¢Æ÷ ¦¿ïºí¸Ç¢¨¼!!!!

[/tscii:ebeefca0ee]

Bdolf Hilter
24th October 2004, 01:04 AM
Nice identity, best wishes and a good start!

8)

Karuvayan
24th October 2004, 08:23 AM
In response to the comments made my Mr. Muradan Mummu:

It was Mr. Muradan Mummu's comments that were deleted. Not merely the comments, but also the links to similar comments made by the same Mr. Muradan Mummu. To find these comments, one has only to do a yahoo search, with search subject "mummudicholan." The 14 page search results highlighting the "choice" language which Mr. Muradan Mummu is capable of speak for themselves. Interestingly enough, Mr. Murudan Mummu has registered several of the same usernames in the new forumhub, as appear in the yahoo! search results. Usernames he used in the old forumhub, of course. Perhaps Mr. Murudan Mummu can explain his need to have several ids?

Faisal
24th October 2004, 10:57 AM
It is so good and interesting

RR
25th October 2004, 08:21 AM
Dear RR,

I wonder why you decided to ban my ID "Muradan Mummu" when I have kept my cool and did not respond to all the abuses and taunts aimed at me by ...
You can keep banning me. I will be back everytime they raise hell here.

MMC,

this post itself is enough. but, Duplicate id's & fake email addresses. I warned you about them, you didn't listen. Have discipline or stay away!

I won't respond to such posts anymore.

shilpa
25th October 2004, 05:10 PM
zhxc zn

shilpa
25th October 2004, 05:17 PM
ll

shilpa
25th October 2004, 05:20 PM
lo

Kajan
25th October 2004, 05:20 PM
Really good work to avoid problems

Mrs.Mano
26th October 2004, 12:42 AM
Hello Mr.RR!
Thanks a lot for the new hub. It is true that the present forumhub is so sweet and helps so many people to learn much in every subject. But, as you have said, it gives mental agony when some filthy postings appear in midst of healthy arguments. If this new hub would avoid those, then it will flourish soon. I am posting so many recipes, tips and ideas in my thread TAMILNADU DELICACIES for the past two years. I have got so many admirers, friends etc. I thank you very much for running this forum hub successfully and helping so many people to have a “Vadikal”on the subject they desire to participate.

NOV
26th October 2004, 07:30 AM
Welcome Mrs. Mano

I am glad that you have found your way here and we look forward to your continued participation, which no doubt is beneficial to so many of us. :wink:

BlitzHawk
26th October 2004, 11:06 AM
great work! the forum now looks better. kudos to admins............... :D

Srimangai
28th October 2004, 11:19 AM
[tscii:72102b321e]ÒÐ ÓÂüº¢ìÌ ±ÉÐ Å¡úòÐì¸û.
‚Áí¨¸[/tscii:72102b321e]

suressh
28th October 2004, 12:09 PM
:)

ÓÂüº¢ ¾¢ÕÅ¢¨É¡ìÌõ

:)

NVK Ashraf
28th October 2004, 05:32 PM
[tscii:263bfc776e]ÀüÚ¸ ÀüÈüÈ¡ý ÀüÈ¢¨É[/tscii:263bfc776e]

SP
29th October 2004, 12:16 AM
நல்ல முயற்சி.

TSCII-ஐக் கடாசி விடலாம். யுனிகோட் மட்டும் வைத்துக் கொள்ளலாம்.

Set the encoding to UTF-8 at server level.

Thiru
30th October 2004, 07:38 AM
நல்ல முயற்சி.

TSCII-ஐக் கடாசி விடலாம். யுனிகோட் மட்டும் வைத்துக் கொள்ளலாம்.

Set the encoding to UTF-8 at server level.

namakku thamizhai english la type panna thaan othu varum :)

nirosha sen
31st October 2004, 06:23 AM
I don't see Harish Kumar and Mr Neduchalayan yet? Or are they here under different pseudonymns?

ranju
31st October 2004, 09:56 PM
Hello ...

gautham
2nd November 2004, 08:48 AM
naragaasuran setha soogathil
yenathu
puthu maamanaar!

annamalaifan
2nd November 2004, 09:08 AM
hi admin how to create polls, please help....

malligai
8th November 2004, 10:43 PM
¿¡ý

[tscii:6b1cdb6bd4] ¿¡ý [/tscii:6b1cdb6bd4]

valiyakunna
9th November 2004, 05:09 AM
just a test msg.

ÍõÁ¡ ´Õ §º¡¾¨É!

harishkumar09
10th November 2004, 07:24 PM
where are the anti-brahmin threads ?
get them here fast !!!

harishkumar09
10th November 2004, 07:42 PM
Please post some anti-brahmin messages.I beg you.Please whip me !!!

nirosha sen
10th November 2004, 08:42 PM
Gee Harish! Is that really you???? Or an avatar????

harishkumar09
11th November 2004, 01:44 PM
Gee Harish! Is that really you???? Or an avatar????

Yes Dear.Kemon Acchen ?? :D

apotheatheist
14th November 2004, 11:34 PM
How come religion and caste are taboo in the miscellaneous section?
If talking about religion and caste is offensive to anyone the existence of religion and caste is damaging to the society and offensive to millions of atheists. What happens to freedom of expression? How do you expect support for a hub that restricts the freedom of expression?
Indecency (use of squalid language) is taboo..religion/caste-no taboo.

RR
15th November 2004, 01:18 PM
How come religion and caste are taboo in the miscellaneous section?
If talking about religion and caste is offensive to anyone the existence of religion and caste is damaging to the society and offensive to millions of atheists. What happens to freedom of expression? How do you expect support for a hub that restricts the freedom of expression?
Indecency (use of squalid language) is taboo..religion/caste-no taboo.

You won't ask this question, if you knew about the old hub and what happened there. Anyway, the short answer is: Hub is getting more focussed. This is our new policy and it is supported by a majority of regular hubbers here. If you still want to discuss, there are several websites that you can find on the net.

apotheatheist
16th November 2004, 09:19 AM
RR in your short statement you are saying this hub is a private enterprise and decent language of expression about religion and caste is not accepted by the members that run this hub. Fair enough! Wonder if this hub will allow decent language that will decry social evils (caste) for a cost (support financially)!

mmcholan
16th November 2004, 12:13 PM
Sad that the Hindu reaction to the old state of affairs destroyed this wonderful tamil forum. Its sickening to note that tamils have got divided over issues of religion and caste to this extent.

Let us hope that atleast in the new forum, no bitter fights take place. Christians and muslims should start respecting the sentiments of Tamils and Tamils also should be magnanimous towards the followers of the foreign semetic cults, which have not imbibed the true tamil spirit of yadhum oorey yavarum kelir till date.

I pray to all Tamil Gods for the well being of this new forum.

Querida
17th November 2004, 09:08 AM
wow your tutorial not only spoonfed but shoved it down and made sure the student swallowed...uhhh thats a good thing... :P

joined last year but when i found the reply to a topic i posted was just filth...well that was then...and this is now...so nice to see the improvements... :D

until next time
querida

davie
18th November 2004, 09:05 PM
I think the new forum hub can be more organized with sections and subsections for important stuff like cooking, music, other important things like tamil name for babies etc.
The old forum hub had clear classifications and so it was doing really good.
I just came to know about this forumhub while i was searching for Tamil Songs and MP3s. Also while searching for menu for some south indian delicacies, i came across this nice forum hub. So it would be nice or great to transfer the contents (cooking, music) etc of the old forumhub and transfer it here.

if this new forumhub should do good, this new forumhub should be made as the main forumhub (www.forumhub.com) and niice postings related to cooking and music can be transfered/copied into this new forumhub.

And the other dummy (less important topics) can be given some link which can be accessed only after entering this new forumhub.

blahblah
19th November 2004, 12:24 PM
RR,Be sure that your new policy of no caste discussions will find a lot of support.I feel that we have a lot of other things to be discussed with out being abusive and hurting the sentiments of others 8) .By the way,one suggestion-youwill see alot of the popular threads in the new hub are about relationships :wink: .So why not we start a separate section for that?

RR
19th November 2004, 06:25 PM
davie, just wait for the migration to finish and the new hub launched officially.

blahblah: thanks, we really need supportive mails like yours. I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

davie
20th November 2004, 05:28 AM
hmm i forgot to remind u guys my favorite topic "HEALTH"
i have good knowledge in health issues even though i am not a doctor. The new forum hub can have section devoted to health and well being.

davie
20th November 2004, 05:30 AM
i have no issues with caste/history topics. i can handle them

blahblah
20th November 2004, 12:49 PM
Hot arguments on Caste,religion and language will divide people for every one is rooted to his roots :( .Friendly discussions on issues of common interest brings people together :) .I believe this should be the object of such a forum. :D :D :D

davie
20th November 2004, 06:14 PM
anyways ive learnt a ton of things. And i can do a ton of things with what i ve learnt.

Thattai
25th November 2004, 07:54 PM
Dear RR,

Is there any way to print from the hub pages? Or even to access a format from where we can copy to a word doc?

In the current format, the word file becomes too heavy with all the tables etc getting pasted as well.

If there is a soln, please elaborate as it would be very helpful, esp in the Food section, where one would want to save the recipes.

Thanks!

Thattai

RR
25th November 2004, 08:19 PM
good suggestion, thattai. I'll find a good solution and post soon.

Thattai
28th November 2004, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the quick response! I have another query - I have checked the box to log me in automatically every time I visit, but this is not happening. So I have to log in manually every time.

Is there another way for me to enable this automatic login? Thanks!

Thattai

RR
30th November 2004, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the quick response! I have another query - I have checked the box to log me in automatically every time I visit, but this is not happening. So I have to log in manually every time.

Is there another way for me to enable this automatic login? Thanks!

Thattai

This is the first time such a problem has been reported. It could be because you have some setup that clears cookies everytime you close your browser. Can you pm me whether you have a custom cookies setup? thx.

Querida
3rd December 2004, 04:52 AM
Dear RR,

I am struggling with your avatar selection...maybe because i just have not found the right one so i keep changing it...do you have any idea where i could find other suitable avatars? i have tried avatarity.com but again they are too big in size...

phantom363
4th December 2004, 02:44 AM
I find the hub excellent. thx for all your effort...

RR
4th December 2004, 08:56 AM
Dear RR,

I am struggling with your avatar selection...maybe because i just have not found the right one so i keep changing it...do you have any idea where i could find other suitable avatars? i have tried avatarity.com but again they are too big in size...

Try here: http://www.phpbb-design.com/avatars/

Querida
4th December 2004, 09:42 AM
Dear RR,
thank for the speedy reply :)
and thanx for the new avatar...i simply adore it :D

sasibaloo
25th December 2004, 07:45 PM
An exellent venture. Simply I luv it. Thanx.

jane
25th February 2005, 10:17 PM
Hi
it is a nice work.....i really like it...

jackselvaraju
18th March 2005, 11:15 PM
Dear, Moderator,

Can we have more topics for discussion and information sharing. i suggest have a forum on political, health and fitness and religious matters. This will widen the scope and make hubbing more interesting and fruitful. thanks

Deep_Secrets
1st April 2005, 03:11 PM
Moderator(s), I was able to see a list of users online in the Hub Portal but its gone now....???...I think it was a nice feature....

RR
3rd April 2005, 09:14 PM
Moderator(s), I was able to see a list of users online in the Hub Portal but its gone now....???...I think it was a nice feature....
Already explained in 'Specific Issues' announcement topic. Had to strip down some features to reduce load. But it'll be back soon.

Deep_Secrets
4th April 2005, 04:52 AM
Already explained in 'Specific Issues' announcement topic. Had to strip down some features to reduce load. But it'll be back soon.

Thanks for your reply. I just found out that the feature exists in Hub Index and one other place...Are you going to delete it from there to put it back on Hub Portal? Just wondering, it doesn't really matter...

phantom363
9th October 2005, 04:06 AM
I find this clean and civilized. Thank You for enforcing manners and discipline. Some of the discussions in the old hub esp regarding caste and religion was disgusting, and I took a few months respite from the Hub. Good that the garbage is gone. Back and enjoying it. Thank You.

gaddeswarup
18th November 2005, 02:22 PM
I am not sure which is the right placs to ask this question. In another site, I found the link:
http://www.forumhub.com/indsports/4508.06.31.04.html
I do not remember seeing some of the messages in this. Are there different sites for this forum where different types of topics are discussed?
Swarup

RR
18th November 2005, 03:36 PM
I am not sure which is the right placs to ask this question. In another site, I found the link:
http://www.forumhub.com/indsports/4508.06.31.04.html
I do not remember seeing some of the messages in this. Are there different sites for this forum where different types of topics are discussed?
Swarup
Swarup,

This is from the 'old hub', in case you didn't know. The discussions happened long ago before we moved to the phpBB platform. These old topics have been closed now, but can anytime be migrated to the new platform if there's interest. You may want to read the 'Migration' topic in 'Announcements' forum.

polka dot
29th November 2005, 08:52 PM
where do you people hail from?
i mean, kinda obvious you are all tamil...but you live where?

Arthas
5th February 2006, 11:23 AM
Platforms gr88 :clap: it wud be better if a few more attractive skins are added

anuu
25th April 2006, 05:17 AM
thanks administrator :D

VENKIRAJA
22nd June 2006, 06:41 PM
plz come to venkiyin padaippugal(tamil poems) and know my problem more clearly sir.

RR
22nd June 2006, 10:16 PM
plz come to venkiyin padaippugal(tamil poems) and know my problem more clearly sir.
I have edited. Hope it's better now.

Surya
1st August 2006, 03:10 AM
Ppl can post as guests?! :shock: I just saw a "Guest" Post in one of the threads.

Querida
1st August 2006, 03:16 AM
yeah true one of my posts was displayed as guest, though i had to sign in to make the post....

NOV
1st August 2006, 07:13 AM
Ppl can post as guests?! :shock: I just saw a "Guest" Post in one of the threads.thats only for the magazines I suppose. You cant do that in the Forum.

Surya
1st August 2006, 07:14 AM
oh ok

RR
1st August 2006, 09:39 AM
Ppl can post as guests?! :shock: I just saw a "Guest" Post in one of the threads.thats only for the magazines I suppose. You cant do that in the Forum.
NOV is right. Guests can post on magazine forums. But all other forums are restricted.

Nerd
28th August 2006, 09:10 PM
Suggestion

The hub doesnt allow me to delete the posts that have been replied to. Why this and why dont you allow us to delete the posts ??

thamizhvaanan
28th August 2006, 10:43 PM
Suggestion

The hub doesnt allow me to delete the posts that have been replied to. Why this and why dont you allow us to delete the posts ??

Because, the next post wont make sense, if the previous post is removed without any notice :roll: and it may also be because of some programming difficulty, since it may be difficult to move data between records in the database :confused2:

RR
29th August 2006, 07:56 AM
Nerd,

It's precisely because of the first reason thamizh quoted: to avoid messing-up the flow of discussion.

thamizh,
There's no technical difficulty here. Simple SQL will do since each post has a unique id.

Nerd
29th August 2006, 08:09 PM
Because, the next post wont make sense, if the previous post is removed without any notice

Anyway I ll edit my post and put up a smiley or something in order to hide my inanity, i mean if i feel that post was stupid. That will also make the next post look out of place. :lol2:

thamizhvaanan
29th August 2006, 08:30 PM
Because, the next post wont make sense, if the previous post is removed without any notice

Anyway I ll edit my post and put up a smiley or something in order to hide my inanity, i mean if i feel that post was stupid. That will also make the next post look out of place. :lol2:
that is why they indicate the no. of times a post is edited... u dont have the option to display that info, if u let ppl delete the post right? :) anyway.. lets stop it here :D

RR... I am going to restate a request made earlier.... having drop down list box for page links will be convenient :roll: .

RR
29th August 2006, 10:39 PM
thamizh,

I'll see. Post also in Wishlist for logging purposes.

pavalamani pragasam
12th May 2009, 03:18 PM
Hub Registered Userbase reaches 1,00,000!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
:musicsmile: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:
:noteeth: :noteeth: :noteeth:

pavalamani pragasam
11th April 2010, 07:21 PM
A request to improve my general knowledge about Hub name tags- ie I see each hubber is awarded a rank/designation like newbie hubber, veteran hubber, diamond hubber etc. How many such ranks are there and in what order? How are they decided? How are the posts number computed? Just a curiosity!

NOV
11th April 2010, 07:31 PM
PP madam,

0 - 24 posts - Newbie Hubber
25 - 99 posts - Junior Hubber
100 - 249 posts - Regular Hubber
250 - 499 posts - Devoted Hubber
500 - 999 posts - Senior Hubber
1000 - 1999 posts - Seasoned Hubber
2000 - 4999 posts - Veteran Hubber
Above 5000 posts - Diamond Hubber

Besides the above, the following are appointed positions:

Admin Hubber
Moderator Hubber
Pro Hubber
Team Hubber

pavalamani pragasam
11th April 2010, 07:34 PM
Thank you, Nov! One more doubt: what is the upper limit of posts or after how many posts the count starts from 1 again?

NOV
11th April 2010, 07:40 PM
No such limit mam. As time goes by, we may need to honour hubbers who cross greater numbers. :D

pavalamani pragasam
11th April 2010, 07:45 PM
Great! Very interesting and motivating! :D

sathya_1979
1st August 2010, 02:01 PM
While archiving old posts, is it possible to retain atleast the post counts for hubbers?