PDA

View Full Version : Cool IR and hot foods that white guys cant eat

kiru
21st April 2005, 07:47 AM
I will be honest :-) I listened to IR because he was more 'cool' than MSV for me when I was a kid. All that complexity/emotion etc blah blah I read up much much later. Frankly, only after I got older I listened to MSV and others. So there is some hope some ARR fans will be listening to IR later in their life :-)

Re: appealing to audiences in other parts of the country/world. I am sorry for vairamuthu, javed akhthar and other guys like that :-) when are they going to start writing poetry in english to 'appeal' to the english and american people :-)
God..atleast they have a chance..I think this man kannadhasan wasted his life writing in tamil :-(. Seriously folks, I believe there is a reason why the English were able to rule without waging a major war. Dont know the timeline when this inferiority complex/ lets appeal to the white guy complex set in !!

app_engine
21st April 2005, 07:20 PM
kiru, `lets appeal to the white guy complex' - nice phrase:-)

The following is on a lighter vain...don't read too much in between the lines:-))

Obviously, this has got something to do with the `aryan civilization' of 7th-8th century BCE...when the superiority of the `fair-skinned' ones got established (and with that probably the caste system)...as long as we have matrimonials asking for `bride with a fair complexion', the veLLaiththOl craze will continue to be there:-))

Bringing back the focus to music, MSV/IR had to struggle a lot even within TFM to establish their credentials and all their struggle could not be attributed just to the regular struggle of someone to go on top in the competitive film industry...some at least have got to do with their humble backgrounds...

alias
21st April 2005, 08:17 PM
Dont worry already ARR is doing that (his music appealing to white guys). Indian Film music is in safe hands.