23rd April 2005, 05:02 AM
Shankers Anniyan Song Now Online .

guys download at http://www.swaasam.com/

enjoy

please sign in the guest book

thank you.

dinesh2002
23rd April 2005, 06:14 AM
yo guys...when r u gonna upload the other mp3s??? thanks for that song.... it sounds like 12b mutham mutham ....

dinesh2002
23rd April 2005, 06:28 AM
dont u guys think is sounds like the ketchup song??? also some shades from Boys's Saregame!?

Movies
23rd April 2005, 07:09 AM
Has Anniyan really relased?.....
Dinesh ur right... it does sound like that 12b song...
and someparts resemble the spice gal song "if u wanna"

lots of parts similair to things weve heard, but i cant just comment!
I aint even sure if it is anniyan!

MumbaiRamki
23rd April 2005, 08:22 AM
It has to be anniyan ..It is similar to HJ's music only ....

It has a v goo dpotential to be ahit ...

But ISAL songs - hear it ,enjoy it ,throw it ...

dinesh2002
23rd April 2005, 08:46 AM
from 1. 14 - 1. 22...tune from The ketchup song ....

Movies
23rd April 2005, 09:03 AM
Mumbairamki,
Yeah everything about it seems just like a HJ song!

For the past hour i have had the song been playing on repeat!

I am not too sure if its gonna be a hit song....... Probably the remaining ones would!

Any Idea who has sung the song?

and what they are saying remo?or nemo? or memo?..

Jacky
23rd April 2005, 12:34 PM
I don't think this has shades of Ketchup song. Some interludes remind me of another HJ song Thoda thoda - Ullam Ketkumey. Even the singer's diction (here and there) is pretty close to that song.

dinesh2002
23rd April 2005, 01:19 PM
I don't think this has shades of Ketchup song. Some interludes remind me of another HJ song Thoda thoda - Ullam Ketkumey. Even the singer's diction (here and there) is pretty close to that song.

from 1. 14 - 1. 22...tune from The ketchup song ....

the specific pat

dinesh2002
23rd April 2005, 01:32 PM
`Anniyan` confirmed on May 20!

By Moviebuzz
Saturday, 23 April , 2005, 10:19

‘Oscar’ Ravichandran the producer of the magnum opus Anniyan directed by Shankar has confirmed that the release will be on May 20 worldwide.
From today, a trailor will start appear in theatres booked for screening Anniyan. The audio will be launched on April 29 and earlier there were news that some Hollywood actor will be the chief guest at the audio launch, but the latest news is that it will be at a low key affair.

Coco-Cola is likely to be the official sponsor of outdoor vinyl hoardings of the film. Nokia was also keen to be partners in the Anniyan campaign, as there is a song about the handset but Ravichandran did not want too many commercial endorsements for the film.

‘Oscar’ does not believe in releasing the film with too many prints, which they feel would endanger the film and are planning to keep it at around 150. Ravichandran is from the old school as far as marketing goes and has taken this crucial decision as he fears that overexposure is the bane of big movies!

audio on 29 and its already online??????? :O

A.ANAND
23rd April 2005, 02:06 PM
kathal yanai song[sound]!!!!!like previous arr albumlah..
the song is normal from hj but not new sound.
i think BOYS 100 times better than anniyan.
rahman ithaivida 10 madanggu innum fresha compose pannamudiyaum..

dinesh2002
23rd April 2005, 02:17 PM
i think BOYS 100 times better than anniyan.
rahman ithaivida 10 madanggu innum fresha compose pannamudiyaum..

i dun THINK boys is beter....IT IS DEFINETLY 100 times much better....

svaisn
23rd April 2005, 02:36 PM
Not able to download..

can anyone send it to me please

svaisn@yahoo.co.in

svaisn
23rd April 2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks in Advance

sad
23rd April 2005, 04:01 PM
i feel tat anniyan - kathal yanai ( 0:37 ) the beat and starting part similar to boys - saregame ( 0:48 ).

Vaz
23rd April 2005, 04:28 PM
If this song is of any indication for the rest... save Shanker!

Hope the rest of the songs will be there... anyway they can only be better! I always felt that if not ARR he should have opted for YSR...

This Kathal Yanai Song (sung by Ranjith I think) has shades of previous HJ songs... nothing pathbreaking!

A.ANAND
23rd April 2005, 04:43 PM
yes,i agree with vaz comment..

dinesh2002
23rd April 2005, 05:52 PM
i feel tat anniyan - kathal yanai ( 0:37 ) the beat and starting part similar to boys - saregame ( 0:48 ).

u just read my mind!!!!!!! :twisted:

sad
23rd April 2005, 07:38 PM
There is nothing new we can get from HJ... He's a recycle bin.

Kumanan
23rd April 2005, 10:02 PM
And ARR is the C: Drive?! :lol:

Some comparisons....

IlaiyaRajah = Win98 (Old but stable, not good for networking, doesnt get along with people)
ARRahman = Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (Solid Win NT)
Vidyasagar = Win XP ( Colorful, lot of bugs)
Haris Jayaraj = Lindows 2000 (A system cloned from Windows 200 by Open Source)
YSR = Linux(Open source, share lot of resources around the world, you know what i mean :) )

dinesh2002
23rd April 2005, 10:08 PM
And ARR is the C: Drive?! :lol:

Some comparisons....

IlaiyaRajah = Win98 (Old but stable, not good for networking, doesnt get along with people)
ARRahman = Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (Solid Win NT)
Vidyasagar = Win XP ( Colorful, lot of bugs)
Haris Jayaraj = Lindows 2000 (A system cloned from Windows 200 by Open Source)
YSR = Linux(Open source, share lot of resources around the world, you know what i mean :) )

athan nenechene..y no one brough these things in....hahaha..btw..any news on the audio?

baba88
23rd April 2005, 10:24 PM
I heard the Song.
Harris Jeyaraj is a would be American Popstar.

a a a R - E - M - O Remo Remo

You wanna get it out
I wanna shake it out
You wanna salsa
Maybe the Upa
You like, yeah
Move on the ground
(maybe some mistakes)

I think Harris Jeyaraj should join to Backstreet Boys because they make Music like this. :P :P :P

Or he should go to Star Search or any other Casting show, Maybe he will become a Star. I think with Music like this it's no problem. :P :P :P

I think Shankar and Harris Jeyaraj can dance to this song and sing

You wanna get it out
I wanna shake it out
You wanna salsa
Maybe the Upa
You like, yeah
Move on the ground

till Anniyan (Audio officaly) movie is releasing. After the release they will realize what loosers they are. :P :P :P

Dey Shankar enada A.R.Rahman idda sorry sollidu avarodu music compose panniray illai ? Appa naanum ippadi unna pathi ellutha thevaillai. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Arjuna
24th April 2005, 01:51 AM
i dont think this song is from anniyan - I cant even imagine Vikram dancing for these type of stupid songs!!

Arjuna
24th April 2005, 01:55 AM
Moreover - the film will not have a situation like this - the song sounds like some young ppl singing around!! - Must be some song from some album!

Vaz
24th April 2005, 02:11 AM
Arjuna

But it has clearly the HJ stamp written all over it!

MumbaiRamki
24th April 2005, 07:21 AM
Kathal Yannai is a song from Anniyan ..This is with Yana Gupta ...

ARjuna ,
We had a similar situation in gentlemen ,but Prabhu Deva did teh dance for it ..:)

Jambu Paran
24th April 2005, 12:04 PM
At times the songs reminds me of Mutham2 from 12B,
at times it reminds me of Boney M, ....m i dunno wat...

but it simply fits HJ style of composition of repeating the same succesful singers....isn;t that Kay Kay?

Arjuna
24th April 2005, 12:44 PM
Kumanan - konjam sonnalum correct-a sonninga!!

Arjuna
24th April 2005, 12:46 PM
The funniest thing was HJ was telling that Shankar wa praising his songs saying that his previous movies never had these type of songs!! Now I know what Shankar meant :))

dinesh2002
24th April 2005, 12:52 PM
The funniest thing was HJ was telling that Shankar wa praising his songs saying that his previous movies never had these type of songs!! Now I know what Shankar meant :))

No man...Shankar really loves this album by Anniyan,thats y he said this is his best score in his movies ( it means much better then Gentleman untill BOYS)

shankar must really hate arrahman......

Arjuna
24th April 2005, 05:11 PM
No - I dont think so - since Shankar during the release of Bharathiraja's last audio cassette (KKS) - which had music by Engal Idhaya Deivam Mannin Mainthan Thenpandi Singam Isai Brahma Puratchi Puyal Mozart of Madras Engal Anna Then Nattin Tsunami Bharat Ratna Dr ARR - told that he is a great fan of ARR..

Vaz
24th April 2005, 06:29 PM
Dinesh

Shanker just couldn't get ARR's dates for the movie so he opted for a ARR clone...

Obviously for marketing reasons Shanker is not gonna say that the music has not come as well as his previous film... It is completely understandable when you are making a movie for 22 crores! But I'm sure he'll get back to ARR for his next project.

blaze_x101x
24th April 2005, 06:45 PM
impossible .....this is the song from anniyan..... !!!! if it is the real song from anniyan...then sure the audio is biggest flop in shankar's history !!!!

kanth143
24th April 2005, 10:46 PM
Swaasam.com move to mtbcradio.com u can download now

FROM MTBCRADIO.COM

GOOD LUCK

A.ANAND
25th April 2005, 10:55 AM
PRAVINMANI[ARR ASSI.]JOIN HAND WITH HJ TO COMPOSE
RE.RECORDING 4 ANNIYAN MOVIE THE COMPOSE THE SONGS..
ENNAPPA ACHU SHR@HJ????????LADAIYA???
NEWS SOUCE:TAMILNESAN NEWS PAPER SUNDAY EDI.'MALAYSIA LOCAL NEW PAPER.'

blaze_x101x
25th April 2005, 03:02 PM
better Shankar n HJ stop releasing the audio of aniyan.....sure will be a flop.wasting their time.my advice to them....just relese and listen in their home....

** dunt kill SHANKAR & ARR combination **

dinesh2002
25th April 2005, 04:23 PM
PRAVINMANI[ARR ASSI.]JOIN HAND WITH HJ TO COMPOSE
RE.RECORDING 4 ANNIYAN MOVIE THE COMPOSE THE SONGS..
ENNAPPA ACHU SHR@HJ????????LADAIYA???
NEWS SOUCE:TAMILNESAN NEWS PAPER SUNDAY EDI.'MALAYSIA LOCAL NEW PAPER.'

yo man...plz explain more detaily....Pravin mani did BGM for Anniyan????

inetk
25th April 2005, 04:30 PM
I'm still hoping that this is a HJ track from some other unreleased movie. And not Anniyan. This is an anti-climax to my expectations from Shankar. Has he finally flipped? Yes, ARR in Indian was pretty average but nowhere near this nonsense.

dinesh2002
25th April 2005, 04:55 PM
I'm still hoping that this is a HJ track from some other unreleased movie. And not Anniyan. This is an anti-climax to my expectations from Shankar. Has he finally flipped? Yes, ARR in Indian was pretty average but nowhere near this nonsense.

INDIAN average????? 2 superb song is there man...

1.kapalyeri
2.pachai kiligal..

dun think these tracks fall under average

Vaz
25th April 2005, 08:11 PM
Dinesh you forgot 'Telephone mani pol' but anyway for me Indian songs are in the same league as Gentleman, Kadhalan, Jeans and Boys as far as Shanker movies are concerned.

I would slightly underrate Mudhalvan though (when compared to the above mentioned films)! Just my personal opinion...

MumbaiRamki
25th April 2005, 10:24 PM
Even i felt first ,this song is a crap ..On repeated listenings ( 5-6) ,i feel this is areal cool song ..
Sure shot winner ..
This is from Anniyan ...Picturised on Yana Gupta ..

sloshed
25th April 2005, 11:46 PM
I dont understand the fuss is all about.. this songs rockssssssssssssssssssssssssssss .. period......
having faith in shankar's picturisation... this song will be a chartbuster in the discos.. way to HJ ...

Jacky
26th April 2005, 12:42 AM
After a few listenings it doesn't sound as bad.
With lavish sets and Yana's skin show this song will be popular but it's not pathbreaking like Kadhalan or Boys!

Movies
26th April 2005, 01:00 AM
I agree with Jacky.... this is a song that could be popular with shankars tricks!

Shankar shud have been sleeping when he accepted this song!

If this song is indeed from anniyan... i bet HJ was thinking this song was gonna beat Shakalaka Baby and Urvasi Urvasi in a single shot! Cause i see patterns of both the song in this one! The Saregame touch is there too!

And whos the lyricist?, i mean Check this out >>
Unaku baila enaku oyla...
unaku salsa enaku salsa!
it goes on and on...

Shankar has the knack of writting songs like these..... maybe it could be him....... but he is has done good Tanglisj songs !

and check innovation at the summit >>>>>

When the guy says " enkadhal Bomb o "..... guess what fills the background.... a missile bomb!!!!!!!! :clap: :lol:
This reminds of when Ross from friends plays on his keyboard making "music"

But the interlude gals stuff is pretty nice!

But all said Shankars a genius..... he knows what hes doing......

He is definetly Tamil Nadus No 1 Commercial Director!

kamarajc
26th April 2005, 03:41 AM
Olele. ole ole oleyaaaaa..Aah... Olele ole ole oleyaa..Ooooeey...
Bingo-sayo Watcho-sayo
He's gonna rockin' on a na na na na na na na na...
Yenna solla.. Peru solla.. What maamo..

(Indistinct chatter)

Kaadhal yaanai varungiran REMO
Muththa thandhathil muttuvaan REMO
Appala idhayangal paththiram REMO
Ramp Walk REMO

Thookkaththai thuraththum dragon REMO
Pookkal vedikkindra sten gun REMO
Rambaigal Heart-il Ringtone REMO
Rainbow REMO

Algebra ivan dhegam
Amoeba-vai uru maarum
King Cobra ivan vegam
Queen ellaam thadumaarum

Ah...ah.. R.. E.. M.. O.. REMO REMO
Neeyo DJ neeyo Romeo (2)

(Kadhal yaanai)

Ring master-in singam pol suththi suththi varum pengal paar
Vaerkaadhae enakku.. visirigal kodi irukku..
Changu Chakram vegam pol vattam vittu varum aattam paar
Barbie Doll nee enakku... Teddy bear naan unakku

Yeh..yeh.. Dil Maange more.. REMO REMO (2)

(Kaadhal yaanai)

Olele. ole ole oleyaaaaa..Aaanh... Olele ole ole oleyaa..Oeey...
Come on and take me away..
Wont you take me away? A...wayyyyaaayye..
You gotta get it out.. I wanna shake it up..
You wanna salsa.. take me to oompha..
You let me dare...
Walk on the ramp...
Unakku Baila.. enakku oiyla..
Unakku salsa.. enakku jalsa..
You let me dare...
Walk on the ramp..

Hiroshima neethano.. Nagasaki neethano
Un meedhu thaano enn kaadhal Bomb-oo?
Harappa-vum neethano.. Mohenjadaro neethano
Aayvaalan naano.. aaraayalaamo..

Yeh..yeh.. Dil Maange more.. REMO REMO (2)

(Kaadhal yaanai)

Cinefan
26th April 2005, 11:26 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13727131

Anniyan audio hits the market today evening.

vickyvichu
26th April 2005, 01:39 PM
hey thxs for the lyrics buddy...but thr is no mention abt this song in the article by sify.com....wonder whether this song is from anniyan :roll:

Vaz
26th April 2005, 02:20 PM
In Sify they have mentioned only four songs: a folk (Jessie Gift), 2 carnatic and the Nokia Sofia song (enna arthumulla lyrics!)

I don't think that there are only four songs in the album...

A.ANAND
26th April 2005, 02:28 PM
WAH!G.V.PRAKASH ALSO IN THE LIST!!!!
shankeroda audio launch eppothom ore granda irukkume???
enna achu annniyan audio launch???

stone cold
26th April 2005, 04:00 PM
Anniyan` audio arrives!

By Moviebuzz
Tuesday, 26 April , 2005, 10:12

The audio of Shankar’s magnum opus Anniyan is hitting the market by today evening without any official launch or fanfare. First thing first- Shankar’s first film with Harris Jayaraj is stunning and is sure to rock!
Who says Shankar can’t give his best outside A.R.Rahman’s music fold? Along with Harris Jayaraj, he has made a whole lot of young gifted singers like Nakul, Melvin, G.V.Prakash, Harini, Leslie Louis, Andrea, Jassie Gift and veterans like Hariharan, Shankar Mahadevan, KK and Vasundhara Das to put their chords together to create this hot and happening album.

“Kannum Kannum Nokia…Nee Kolai Kollum Mafia…Cappacino Coffee..a O’ Sofia…” sung by Leslie Lewis, Andrea and Vasundhara Das is a belter and is sure to sizzle. The Jassie Gift, KK, Shreya Ghosal number “Andan Kakka Kondaikari…” is a typical folk ‘gana’ number.

However the big surprise element in the album is the classical number denoting a leisurely ambience of romance and poetry of Vairamuthu. The pick of the album is “Iyengar Veetu Azhage…” sung by Hariharan and Harini that makes our heart swoon with pleasure. Shankar Mahedevan and Harini’s soft classical number “Kumari….” is another melodious number.

Harris Jayaraj stretched himself beyond his habitual beats to create a sound that is elevated and uplifting.

A.ANAND
26th April 2005, 05:29 PM
JUST FEW MINIT I HEARD ANNIYAN SONG IN THR.FM RAAGA,
'KANNUM KANNUM'SONG,THE SONGS SOUND' 20 YAYATHU'
FRM.MOVIE ARASATCHI AND LITTLE BIT FRM.SAMURAI 'ORU NATHI'
THE SONGS NORMAL HJ'S STANDARD..NOT A FRESH TUNE...

Gaja
26th April 2005, 05:57 PM
"ANNIYAN" audio is released in Malaysia !! The audio company is Veenai Trading & i just bought the album..

I'm hearing the songs now & i would say that this is THE WORST Shankar's album EVER!!!!!!!!

NOT ONE SONG IS IMPRESSIVE & ALL THE TUNES ARE REHASED FROM HJ's OLD ALBUM !!!!!!!!!!!

""THIS SHOWS THAT HJ IS NOWHERE NEAR TO ARR!!!""

pirathib
26th April 2005, 07:22 PM
The Song is a mixture of "Ketchup song" and of "staying alive" by the Bee Gees the remo remo part is the ah ah ah part of the bee gees.....though im a hardcore fan of HJ....i expected something better than this ...im sure the other songs will be better...HJ is after all genius
:thumbsup:

dude
26th April 2005, 09:04 PM
the yaanai song sounds pretty good after a couple of listenings... but i really wish harris would stop using those weird words and sounds. gets irritating very fast.

of course, it does remind me of a number of his earlier songs, but hey that happens for most of his songs...

muzammil84
26th April 2005, 09:04 PM
Harris Jeyraj Proud Again with This Songs Like how he can't come to near with A.R.Rahman, Chai ithu ellam oru song all mixed nothing fresh Shankar plz go to hear boys songs and come back with a.r.rahman

kamarajc
26th April 2005, 09:58 PM
Waiting eagerly to hear all the songs... Sify is building up expectations. I am still waiting with caution. Had it been Shankar-ARR combo in 'Anniyan', it might have been just another album. But see, with this combination there is lot of expectation and let us see who has wronged.

One interesting contrast - Coke's brand ambassador Vikram is singing 'Yeh Dil maange more' (Pepsi's caption) in Kaadhal Yaanai song.

Movies
26th April 2005, 10:18 PM
Sify all full of Bias, they are all against ARR!
I mean look at that article..
it starts off bashing ARR ! Says Shankar can do better than ARR!

and to top it off, before the audio is released , without listening to the songs.... praising the songs inside out!
This is ridiculous!

If its an ARR album they just rip it apart regardless of how good it is!

I hate sify , they always do this to ARR!

Vaz
26th April 2005, 10:22 PM
kamarajc

"Shankar-ARR combo in 'Anniyan', it might have been just another album"

It is one the best combo that the tamil industry has seen... So each one of their albums will create huge expectations and until now they have always delivered... Their combination (ARR-Shanker) hasn't yet fallen flat so I don't think it "might have been just another album"...

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 12:03 AM
Hey.. I never intended to put 'Shankar-ARR' combo in poor light. The output is well predicatable. The pressure or expectation would not have been as high as 'Shanker-HJ' combo. 'Shankar-ARR' combo has nothing more to prove .... But, Shankar-HJJ comba has. Thats what I meant to say :)

alfredjude15
27th April 2005, 03:03 AM
Don't you think most of you guys are being so biased against HJ here? I heard that one song in ANNIYAN and it's truly excellent. My favorite is ARR too, but I think HJ is not inferior in any way either, except maybe his number of movies when compared to ARR's... I think Anniyan is gonna be another Minnale or KK from HJ..

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 03:22 AM
Songs are now available at www.tamilbeat.com

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 03:23 AM
Songs are now online at www.tamilbeat.com

vijay1234
27th April 2005, 03:25 AM
all songs online at http://mtbcradio.com.........there is freshness in harris' music .........too early to judge the goodness of the album.....

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 03:37 AM
Time for ARR fans to do some archaelogical work and find some bits and pieces or atleast some instrument similar to some ARR's old songs. Dont worry, no body cares abt logic here. :)

vijay1234
27th April 2005, 03:54 AM
first reaction......guess anniyan album is a winner .....

m_23_bayarea
27th April 2005, 03:54 AM
Thank You so much. The songs are awesome !!

Jacky
27th April 2005, 03:57 AM
Pitiful music. HJ's dappankuthu (Andankaka) is not even as good as Devas or Vidhyasagars. Kathal Yanai might be the sole saving grace.

vijay1234
27th April 2005, 03:59 AM
more orchestration used than usually used by harris.....freshness of songs is more due to lyrics than due to music.....but the album looks like a winner......kathal yanai, kumari, nokia are potential hits.....though nokia reminds of "kathalan-muqabla" and "samurai- oru nadhi"

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 04:05 AM
My ratings..
1. Andankaaka - 9.5/10
2. Theme Music - 9/10
3. Kadhal Yanai - 8/10
4. Iyengaaru veetu - 9.5/10
5. Kannum Kannum - 7/10
6. Kumari Yen - 10/10

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 04:08 AM
Jacky .... your comment shows what your preferences are... "Pitiful music. HJ's dappankuthu (Andankaka) is not even as good as Devas or Vidhyasagars. Kathal Yanai might be the sole saving grace."

Surprised that you forgot Dheena.
I think there are some better albums for you.. 'IyerIPS', 'London', 'Ramakrishna', 'Mahanadigan', 'Superda'.

Movies
27th April 2005, 04:14 AM
I listened to anniyan once...

well, i can this so far..
Kumari seems fine, but reminds me of some arr somg, especially the chords... i cant figure which one though!... yes I got it.....it sounds like En uyir thozhiya song from Kangalal Kaithu Sei!

Kanum Kannum ... to early to comment on these type of songs...

Iyengaru.... YUCKS! The backing music has no meaning to the song... very amateurish!

Andankaka .... didnt like it the first time i heard it!

Stranger in Black....... all i can say is part of it sounds like its from Mudhalvan BGM, some parts from Lagaan theme....

Kathaal Yaanai..... i think its an average song hit status depends on marketing....

I dont think it sounds too great for a shankar movie... so far....

Movies
27th April 2005, 04:17 AM
I think there are 2 good songs which are Kumari and Kathal yaanai.... Now a days thats all u need to have a succesful movie!

I am 100 % positive Kumari is a retuned version of En Uyir Thozhi sonhg from Kangalal Kaithi Sei!
Somebody agree?

Vaz
27th April 2005, 04:36 AM
MOvies

Completly agree with you... Kumari has definitly shades of 'ennuyir thozhiye'. The piano/sax usage here and there in the song just supports it... Even the beginning of the female part... Man this guy (HJ) never stops (copying)!

Just after one hearing, the two carnatic numbers seem to be OK but for me this guy is just lifting too much!

I'm sure much more bits and pieces from other songs will be found soon...

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 05:44 AM
This album has very less scope for critics. Anyway.. I am not going to find negative points of this album. I leave it all to ARR fans. After all, they are good at mud-slinging. Let them be happy. But, there will be a day that dawns with wisdom for ARR fans to appreciate others' works too.

My review:

1. Andankaaka - Much hyped song of the album for Jassie Gift's render. But, KK dominates the show. Jassie's voice adds magic too. Starts with ordinary drum beat and elevates with a peppy 'Randakka randakka' harmony. Harmony plays a main role here. Surprise element is Shreya Ghosal. Probably her first Tamil song out of IR&Family albums. Her diction in Tamil is excellent. She has does an excellent job. This is a nice folk song to last. HJ deserves an outright applause for selection of artistes of this album. It looks like all the three have competed and have rendered their best. Orchestration could have been better; but for now, I assume that was what the situation of the song demands.

2. Theme Song - Starts with an indistinct chant like 'Thoodhu varuma..', but then after 00:35 Sunitha Sarathy starts her typical piece and the best part of the song starts from 01:10. You need to visualize to savour the song well. Definitely you got to give it a patient hearing after which this is going to captivate you.

3. Kadhal Yaanai - Much heard song of Anniyan till this time, only due to its earliest release. However, in my personal choice, this song lies in the second best half of the album. All the singers are new faces in this song. But, we hear traces of KK, Ranjith and Jassie Gift in this song. Fast number, yet it is not an usual HJ number. The renderence of this song resembles some songs of 12B in few places (Sariya Thavara, Mutham Mutham). Another let down in this song is that it is filled with lot of meaningless words. This is a song with 60% English;20% Tamil;15% Out-of-the-world-HJ-invented-sounds;5% Hindi. (Hindi words - Yeh Dil Maange More)

4. Iyengaru Aathu - Nice to hear Harini after long time, with Hariharan. HJ has tried to prove his mettle in Carnatic music. He has just passed. AR.Rahman proved his mettle in Carnatic music in an even better way in 'Ennavalae'. Veena music in this song is heard very distinctly like 'Narumugaiye' song. But, ARR fans might tend to see this song similar to 'Narumugaiye' just for this aspect. But, I wont buy such comment. Vairamuthu's lyrics are fresh and have a different flavor of romance in it.
Carnatic music purists might find lot of flaws in this song.

5. Kannum Kannum - Leslie Lewis sings for first time in Tamil. He might be recalled as the other Colonial cousin. The tune is ordinary, but the orchestration saves and uplifts. Sax music from 01:25 is so fresh, but the Charanams are very ordinary. Vairamuthu also has not toiled for this song. Charanam-II is different from Charanam-I and is slightly better. This song is like some Deva's song composed for a film like 'Citizen'.. only with better orchestration.

6. Kumari Yen Kadhal - Shankar Mahadevan's duet with Harini (for first time?). However, SM dominates most part of the song. Good composition, Good Lyrics, Good Orchestration, Good Voice - this song has it all. Shankar Mahadevan's sound is enthralling. The second Charam has a surprise interlude of pure Western piece. Unless the picturization is very creative, you will not have much patience in the last 45 seconds. But this question is not valid with Shankar, Right??

It is beyond doubt that HJ has given his best to this project. It also deserves the long wait that HJ fans had. HJ has every reason to celebrate. Overall, a 'Thumbs Up' album. There is always time for mud-slinging in each an every work of everyone, but who has the time for that. This album is only for fans who want to just enjoy a good musical work. Only guys like Harris Jayaraj and Yuvan can save us from craps like Dheena and Devi Sri Prasad.

Movies
27th April 2005, 06:38 AM
>This album has very less scope for critics.<

>> I leave it all to ARR fans. After all, they are good at mud-slinging <<

"Kamarajc "

U ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!!!

U know people might tear apart this album into pieces! And indeed very cleaver of u to place the above 2 statements! So what your trying to say is that only ARR fans would be mud slinging this album, and anyone who is gonna criticise this album is an arr fan! Grow up dude!

I was listening to Kannum kkannum for a dozen times..... Its not the pick of the album..... and what do u mean the sax is fresh from 1:25... he just plays the tune of 20 vayathil from arasatchi!

Doesnt Iyengara sound like the sindu bhairavi song...... maybe same raaga?...

Ok kamarajc.... how do u rate this album to shankars previous movies?.... Of course the only reason im asking u is U have an Unbiased , honest view! Especially since u think everynote of the album is fresh as a baked bun!

vibinrajmani
27th April 2005, 06:56 AM
i think the theme music bears the resemblance of the theme of "Passion of the Christ" by John Debney

please correct me if i am wrong

overall a decent effort from HJ!!

dude
27th April 2005, 07:09 AM
This album has very less scope for critics. Anyway.. I am not going to find negative points of this album. I leave it all to ARR fans. After all, they are good at mud-slinging. Let them be happy. But, there will be a day that dawns with wisdom for ARR fans to appreciate others' works too.

Kamarajc, thanks for not indulging in any mud slinging yourself :)

Music4Ever
27th April 2005, 07:29 AM
I can't believe this! Is this what Shankar calls the best? Crazy. Really. Abominable music by HJ. I reserve the right to modify my opinion after repeated hearings, though. Boys was superb in comparison with the standards set by Anniyan.

Hmm. Now the wait is for GF.

Gaja
27th April 2005, 08:27 AM
For u guys who thinks Anniyan is HJ's best album... Just try to listen back to Gentleman, Kaadhalan, Indian, Jeans, Mudhalvan & Boys songs first.... After that u listen back to Anniyan songs...

From here you will know what is the worst Album in Shankar's career !!!!!!!!!!!!

kbee
27th April 2005, 08:28 AM
Listened to the songs. Has lot of similarities with HJ's previous work and to some extend some ARR work. Need multiple listening. My observation on first listening

1. Iyengaru Veetu - very confused effort to create a fusion song. Even VS has done lot better. HJ should have listened to Morning Raga before composing this

2. Ole Ole Kaadhal Yaanai - A combination of Madona paadalama, hey macarena and many songs from ARR

3. Kannum Kannum - Mukkala Mukabula beat, verenna verenna vendum interlude, ivandano ivandano tune

4. Kumari Yen Kadhal - very good work. It resembels so many songs, but very difficult to guess.

5. Stranger in Black - I dont listen to english album much. Need some help from ppl who regularly listen to english album.

6. Andan Kakka - Good work again.

HJ filled in the gap Deva created.

Thiru
27th April 2005, 08:34 AM
I heard kaadhal yaanai vaguely and it had shades of 'no problem' from love birds..

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 08:41 AM
Hello.. I dont think Harris Jayaraj can match ARR atleast in near future. ARR is well above and he has nothing more to prove.

Dude, I know I did not do a decent job either.. sorry for the mug-slinging. But, I feel disappointed when every work.. literally every work of HJ is attributed to some previous work of ARR. Consciously, I have not found any resemblance in most claims. In my opinion, I could identify them only as ARR fans.

Movies, To your specific question on rating this Album when compared to Shankar's previous albums.... definitely, this is not the best out of Shankar's movies. But, I find this better than atleast 'Mudhalvan' for now. Time permitting, please go through the archives... all the ARR-Shankar combo albums were badly criticized on the first two days. And.. I have never mentioned that 'Kannum Kannum' is the pick of the album. Sorry, I dont know the nuances of music so intricately to identify raagas. I am just an average listener. Yes, tearing the album into pieces is good... let HJ learn something from the comments. But, comparing HJ and ARR is ridiculous and is also a disgrace both to ARR (His High Calibre) and HJ (His meticulous work).

This work definitely deserves a patient hearing atleast for a day and then, let us come to a conclusion.
For now, all that I can say is "This is neither the best album nor the worst album of Shankar's movies so far. This is definitely inferior to 'Kadhalan' and superior to 'Mudhalvan'. We will get to know more after giving it a reasonable time.

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 08:50 AM
kbee... Morning Raga is an excellent album. Manisharma's esteem grew higher in me. I am not sure if HJ had tried to do a fusion work in 'Ayangaaru...'

One outstanding credit to HJ - Lyrics are understandable when compared to ARR's songs. There might be only 2 or 3 exceptions.

One flashback..
In the mid 90s, SPB was talking in an interview about ARR. He said.... "Everybody is saying that ARR is copying and reworking the western albums. But, that is an easy job and anybody can do it. Why only ARR is able to give hit?". It took long time for many us to appreciate ARR. Is this comment not relevant to HJ also today?

Gaja
27th April 2005, 08:55 AM
kamarajc..i don't undestand why ur saying that Anniyan is a better album than Mudhalvan...wake up!! Anniyan songs are just rehased of old HJ's songs.. Mudhalvan has all fresh tunes by ARR...

My frank opinion...HJ should have put more effort in giving fresh tunes for Anniyan.. he is just taking everyone for granted..

Movies
27th April 2005, 09:03 AM
Kamarajc >>>

Take my word Mudhalvan definetly is not Inferior to Anniyan~

Hell no it wasnt it!

Mudhalvan beats Anniyzn song 2 song! only difference being theres no theme on the audio in mudhalvan!

In mudhalvan there was Shakalaka Baby! Dude this was the song that apparently sent the brits into a frenzy !
Mudhalvan had Uppu karuvadu! that was a top notch folk number.... MASSIVE MASS HIT! Especially the dance added the extra touch! And this folk song is tons better than the one in anniyan! Theres nothin to argue in this!

And ofcourse need i say the hariharan melody, or the SPB magic in algana ratchasi!

Thus if ur sayin Mudhalvan was shankars worst from his previous films... its absurd, and sayin its worse than anniayn is Attrocious, imbecile !

>>>>>
One flashback..
In the mid 90s, SPB was talking in an interview about ARR. He said.... "Everybody is saying that ARR is copying and reworking the western albums. But, that is an easy job and anybody can do it. Why only ARR is able to give hit?". It took long time for many us to appreciate ARR. Is this comment not relevant to HJ also today?<<<<

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

great joke!

are u HJ himself by anychance!!!!!!!!

Now u cant make urself more obviuosly clueless!

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 09:21 AM
Oops... you mistook me for HJ? Sorry if I portrayed that way. I can comfortably criticize HJ's work without ARR alongside me. Anyways.. I am not interested in ranking Shankar's album now. I need to give Anniyan the time and listening that I gave for other Shankar's albums.

Regarding SPB's comments.. I think you have tried to escape merely by masking me as HJ. Mail me at kamarajc@hotmail.com. I will give you my fone number and we can then talk with our confirmed identity.

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 10:33 AM
HJ is totally out of stock - in terms of copying and originality - what junk - I bet shankar wuldnt have said that these songs were the best!! Gosh - shankar had no other option ..I think HJ is only good with goutham menon!! His Ye Chilipi from gharshana is his all time best - and that's it!!

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 10:43 AM
Its really amusing how HJ with all his self pride - praises himself saying that shankar was telling that anniyan's song was the best ever!!HJ has to learn to keep his mouth shut first and learn a lot from ARR!! One thing which I appreciate about IR,YSR is that they dont go on praising their own music!! HJ,VS and bharathwaj need to learn this first - even though I like VS a lot - because he is ARR's friend ;)

Jacky
27th April 2005, 11:10 AM
Kamarajc,

"Jacky .... your comment shows what your preferences are... "Pitiful music. HJ's dappankuthu (Andankaka) is not even as good as Devas or Vidhyasagars. Kathal Yanai might be the sole saving grace."

Surprised that you forgot Dheena.
I think there are some better albums for you.. 'IyerIPS', 'London', 'Ramakrishna', 'Mahanadigan', 'Superda'."

No thanks dude, i just don't need your recommendations. I didn't do a straight comparison with ARR cuz that might irk someone.
Carnatic songs are ok but not as good as Rahman's En veetu thotathil or Sonnalum Ketpathillai (Kadhal Virus).
His Dappankuthu is no match to ARR's uppukaruvadu.
Kadhal Yanai and Shakalaka baby - it's a no contest.
Now you can continue your polished ARR bashing. :clap:

Movies
27th April 2005, 11:42 AM
Exactly Jacky!

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 12:01 PM
There are two ways to glorify ARR in Tamil Music World.

1. Release of ARR's Tamil album.
2. Release of HJ's Tamil album - start bashing HJ.

First case is a rarity these days.

This is becoming another HJ thread victimised for obsession with ARR's music.

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 12:07 PM
Another factor that needs to be considered y HJ is getting bashed up - He had so much time to compose good music - after chellame what was he doing? he culd have given better music - if ARR had this much of free time - ARR wuld have given a bombay or Roja!! I guess from nowonwards ppl shuld stop comparing the mere HJ to his Greatness ARR!!

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 12:09 PM
"One outstanding credit to HJ - Lyrics are understandable when compared to ARR's songs. There might be only 2 or 3 exceptions"

Kamaraj - there are only 5 songs out of which only 2 are understandable!! :) - lol!!

Movies
27th April 2005, 12:41 PM
Kamarajc>>

>>>>
There are two ways to glorify ARR in Tamil Music World.

1. Release of ARR's Tamil album.
2. Release of HJ's Tamil album - start bashing HJ.

First case is a rarity these days.

This is becoming another HJ thread victimised for obsession with ARR's music.<<<

I think u have cut and pasted from an old arr thread

Ofcourse u did some editing!

Bravo!

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 12:46 PM
Movies,

I just wrote them. Surprised to see that you are finding it as a copy. I swear I did not copy them.

You getting any message here?? :P

sanchayy
27th April 2005, 03:22 PM
songs are avrege!!!!

Cinefan
27th April 2005, 04:11 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/14421.html

Dig:This one says Shankar's next will be the long delayed "Robot'with a top hero.Will it be Kamal as originally planned&or some one else :?

Vaz
27th April 2005, 04:37 PM
After each one of his (Shanker's) film they are saying the samething...

I don't think there is anything concrete to say that he'll do Robo... And even if he does it (Robo) as per his track record the project will take off only after at least two years! Boys was in 2003...

Kamal said in an interview that we are not yet ready to make a good science fiction movie... He was predicting something like 2030 (not too sure) for this kinda film to happen...

NagaS
27th April 2005, 06:37 PM
"kumari" is a very good song :) very well sung by SM !

NagaS

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 06:40 PM
I cant imagine that female who has a big waterfall under her armpits singing and dancing for these junk songs!! I feel like vomitting!!

muzammil84
27th April 2005, 06:53 PM
This is incredible...Tyhe song "Kumari.." which SM has sung and which
Director Shankar, thru media is promoting as the trump card song...is
actually ..you know what...

"En uyir thozhi.." song of Kangalaal Kaidi sei...

Man I am listening to both one after another...Couldn't believe my ears...HJ
can stoop so low to copy...Lets try to give him the benefit of doubt...but
still how did he just replace the electronic percusion instrument with
Mridhangam and just made it a Indian clasical comedy song..

Arjun thanks for the links...The first song I listened prove a copied
stuff...God ...why did Shankar do this.

The "iniyavale" and "Kumari" match exactly....then after you all can make
it....Just that the presentation is different.

Bye
Karthik
Source From: Arr Yahoo Groups

Music4Ever
27th April 2005, 07:03 PM
Harris Jeyaraj's music for Kaaka kaaka was much better than the one he has composed for Anniyan. In Anniyan he has not been able to do justice to the hype created by a Shankar movie. ARR, on the other hand, matched the hype for Boys with good music (i.e., music that suited the mood of the movie). Comparison with ARR is inevitable if you are HJ, and no KamarajC can prevent that by any means of pre-emptive writing :D

The Hariharan number, which I guess is the Thiagaraja kirthanai referred by HJ, is just a rehash of a standard carnatic chorus singing. In particular, I distinctly see a resemblance to a joint rendering by a number of carnatic musicians at some music festival or something. This will simply not do, when you are replacing ARR as MD for a Shankar movie. The least one would expect is some originality, or at least creative mimicking. HJ is exposed on this count. Furthermore, there are distinct shades of Nee dayaraadha from Sindhu Bairavi and subtle shades of konja naal poru thalaiva Deva number. Also, the song Chennai senthamizh was an unmistakable modification of that Mahaganapathim carnatic song, but how effectively catchy it turned out to be (MD was Deva's son).

Honestly, how different is the dappanguthu number from those of Dheena's Tiruppachi? I may get a lot of criticism, but I liked some of the catchy numbers by Dheena in Tirupaachi. Add to it the catchy number by Bharadwaj in Ayya (oru varusham kaathirundhen or something). The numbers by Deva's son in the Ravi-Asin starrer were also catchy.

More later.

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 07:04 PM
Shankar use to have the heriones of Maniratnam's movie of that time for his movie as herione. The only exception was Nagma.

Madhubala (Roja - Gentleman)
Nagma (Exception to this rule)
Manisha Koirala (Bombay - Indian)
Aishwarya Rai (Iruvar - Jeans)
Manisha Koirala (Uyire - Mudhalvan)
Harini (Shalini discontinued acting)
Sada (??)

Even in the beginning when she was announced, I thought she would be the second herione. For her.. after acting with some telugu actors in wet rainy songs, this is surely a bonanza. She looks good in few frames, but she was pathetic in 'Eithiree'. Shankar might have found her the best fit for 'Iyengaaru Veetu Azhagu'.

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 07:11 PM
Music4Ever - infact the chennai senthamil song was a ditto remake of the chennai chandrama song from Amma Nana Oka Tamil ammayi :)

vijayr
27th April 2005, 07:16 PM
The songs, like someone else noticed earlier arent quite upto the ARR-Shankar standards. Both HJ and YSR try really hard to come up with something new in their albums and in the end their songs remind of something else heard 5 years back from Rahman or 15 years back from IR(in the case of YSR). I cant believe HJ said a few weeks back that he was immensely satisfied in getting to score 2 "semi-classicals(?!!)" with HH and ShankarM. The songs arent even light classicals. They are just raga-based melodies with strong shades
of "ennuyir thozhiye" in the SM song(the arabhi/devakanthari scale and the piano parts) and veena pieces from Narumugaiye slightly rehashed in the latter. The fast songs are just....fast. Nothing more can be said about them. Rahman's fast songs for Shankar have always been trendsetters and set your feet tapping the first time you listen to them. I guess the intense pressure of scoring something new for a Shankar film has caught up to HJ. He is probably better off scoring for Gautam Menon movies.

dude
27th April 2005, 07:22 PM
Isnt Kannum Kannum Nokia the same exact tune as Muthe mutham muthama from 12B ???

Jacky
27th April 2005, 07:54 PM
it also sounds like Puyaley Puyaley from Kovil.

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 08:13 PM
Jacky, you have an amazing sense of humour. Ok, one simple question to you - Can you tell the HJ song that most resembles ARR's work, in your opinion?

popeye11
27th April 2005, 08:36 PM
This song is definitely a remix of the song saiyo siayo - from arasatchi.. listen to both the songs simultaneously ull find the similarity.

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 08:57 PM
I think my arch rival YSR is far better than HJ!! :(

rajasaranam
27th April 2005, 09:14 PM
The much awaited album of Tamil film music industry 'Anniyan' by HJ has been released today.
The album is first for Shankar without ARR and he has tried recreating the magic He has done already with ARR. The music claerly indicates what kind of Visual imagery we are gonna get in the movie halls.
Shankar who is a director who solely depends upon visual extravaganza and hyper fiction. He is a modern TRajendhar in creating visuals for song sequences :wink: . The screen will be filled with rich colors accompanied by glamour and glitz. He has the knack of elevating ordinary scenes into larger than life scenes.
Said this lets wait for the movie to get released and see how this will help promoting HJ and his Music.

The Album has all ingredients to become a huge hit in near future If the film is going to be a hit too. Personally i felt 'Enna kandravi paattunga da ithu' in the first listening. But after listening to it a few more times i ve understood this has been the same kind of music for all of his films. the music has to be imagined with visuals, only then it will appeal to us. I cant listen to any of prior albums of Shankar-ARR combo without my mind racing to add on the visuals ive seen. For instance Listening to 'Kappalaeri poyaachu' - Indian, always leaves me with goosepimples all over. thinking about it i know its tied with the beats of the song i listend to in theatre along with looking 100's of artistes dancing to it in unison. For shankar, Songs are a part of his storytelling technique perfectly placed in right time while there needs a break for the Audience/Spectator.
Incidentally this album with its western, folk and carnatic mixture will leave us spellbound while watching them on the screen.
Understanding this HJ has delivered what was needed.

with heavy percussion and some striking interludes in the song 'Andankaaka' is sure to be foottapper of May'2005. The second interlude especially starting off with 'Yela Yela...Ola ola...mma...followed with a brief flute piece is great indeed. The start of the song itself reminds IR With unusual 'Andakka randakka'.. yela yelaa... everything borrowed from 80's Raja Vocabulary, no wonder this song is my pick of the Album :D The song also gives us new style of rendering folk for modern times. I observed this kind of music for the first time in 'Kaadhal' by 'Joshua Sridhar' and now in 'Anniyan' by HJ.This sets a new era for our folk music given in the platter of western POP.

Next comes the 'Iyengaaru Veetu' Azhagi beautiful Carnatic composition. mind it iam listening to most of the songs added with my imagination of Shankar's Picturisation. this song is already in news as being picturised in 'Thiruvaiyaaru' with 1000's of musicians performing live. nevertheless this songs charnams will take you to some locations filled with grandeur and nice choreography.

'Kaadhal Yaanai' Is sure to be in par with 'Shakalaka Baby' though it reminds me of some other song from 'Arasatchi' . The lyrics are full fledged comedy

'Kannum kannum Nokia' Is again a recycle of HJ's Earlier tunes from Saamuraai and 12B hmmm...

'Kumari en Kaathal' Could have done better :cry:

'Stranger in black' solra madhri illa :(

For now 'Andakka Randakka' is in loop in my system and i think HJ could have done better than this, for this could have been a major break for his career. But he was solely dependent on 'Shankar's Capacity to give life for his mediocre scores. Hope Shankar doenst disappoint anybody.

Barring this the industry is waiting for the next releases 'godFather' and 'A AA' by ARR. i have no high hopes on these albums as these directors have nothing to kindle the fire within ARR to comeup with great scores.

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 09:19 PM
And for these songs - shankar and HJ spent the producer's money to visit the Pukhet Islands in Indonesia!! Atrocious!! Some other MD wuld have composed better songs sitting inside the toilet!!

Kumanan
27th April 2005, 09:22 PM
On repeated listening, this is a pretty good album. Ofcourse its not Gentleman. But HJ has given his best. (Songs like Ayankaru Veetu, Kumari is not his genre..still he tried)

Guys, u should stop keep on comparing him with ARR. Its going nowhere. After ARR, Only HJ can deliver the sophisticated, carefully engineered songs to Shankar. Hopefully ARR will be back in the next Shankar venture. But for Anniyan, Shankar has got his best alternative.

After ARR, Only HJ knows how to optimize his singers.(He has replaced some parts of the Andankaaka of Jassie Gifts with KK for good...Jassie Gifts being good in fast beats, is very annoying if he raise his voice).

Ayyangaru Veetu Algae, awesome lyrics and singing.

As an ARR fan, i am really happy with Anniyan. :thumbsup: Kudos to HJ.

Jacky
27th April 2005, 09:23 PM
Kamarajc,
I think you need a hearing aid. It sure has shades in the singing style. I don't know why you keep fussing about simple things.

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 09:25 PM
btw - who the hell wrote the lyrics? Is it by Vairamuthu?

sloshed
27th April 2005, 09:37 PM
well .. How many times we have seen this...

1.12 - 1.14 -- copy of ARR'S bum

2.23 - 2.24 -- copy of ARR'S ass

3.45 - 3.46 -- copy of ARR'S hole

and ther eis this famous cut and paste lines

"HJ is out of stock....HJ rehases tunes ....HJ copies tunes ...."

Somebody even commented some song starts like SAREGAME.... I didnt know ARR owned any copy rights for beats....

Get a life and have no tension!!

dude
27th April 2005, 09:44 PM
Rajasaranam,

Nice to see a balanced and non-partisan post from you :-) This is meant to a compliment, so lets not pick up a fight :-D

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 09:54 PM
Jacky,
Thank you so much for that great tip. But, it would be even more great if you can enlighten me with your answer for the question - Just name one song out of all compositions of HJ, that most resemles the work of ARR. I am not really making a fuss, I am just asking this out of genuine interest.

Arjuna,
You are right. HJ has taken more time than this work deserves. This gap happens for everybody. He would have composed the tunes a year ago. Yes, Vairamuthu is not so impressive. Lyrics in the songs 'Kannum Kannum' and 'Kadhal Yaanai' are major disappointments.

Rajasaranam and Kumanan... Your reviews were good and genuine. My opinion on this album is also in lines with both of you.

Jacky
27th April 2005, 10:06 PM
Please listen to the preludes of Thaniye thanan thaniye and Arya udadugal unnathu. That's the one i can easily recollect. Just the preludes not the complete song btw.
I don't have anything against HJ, infact i thought he's better than Yuvan but now he's made me think otherwise.
Of course he has another big chance in vettaiyadu velayadu.
Long live HJ!
Yenna vidunga Sami.

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 10:18 PM
Jacky, thanks for that response. I am not going to embarass you by commenting on your revelation (Thaniyae Thannanthaniyae - Aariya Uthadugal). Let us keep enjoying good music.

Infact, I do not have any special interest in HJ. I only see IR and ARR with awe. Others are also really good - HJ, VS, YSR, KR, Bharadwaj, Srikanth Deva, D.Imman, Joshua Sridhar. But out of this second line of MDs, I find only HJ being most consistent. I strongly believe KR will come in a big way once he gets a good break. He has still fared better even with craps like 'Ragasiyamai', 'Neranja Manasu' and 'Righta-Thappa'.

The only MDs I dislike in Tamil Music are Dheena, Sirpi, S A Rajkumar and Devi Sriprasad. There are few exceptions in their work, but they just dont qualify.

I am neutral to Deva and Manisharma.

inetk
27th April 2005, 10:26 PM
Rather sub-standard music for a Shankar movie. I just hope the movie's plot is worth it, for his sake. I'd not compare it with any of HJ's or ARR's previous works, but overall, the 2 so-called 'carnatic' tracks sound pedestrian. No flashes of innovative raaga usage or viddhais like 'ennavale' that provoked Subbudu's to cry foul.

Another jarring thing is the use of english - given that Shankar's songs have always been like this, but this time the words chosen in songs like Kannum kannum/ Kaathal yaanai are a bit 'over-the-top' for average listeners.

Finally, we've seen enough vigilante films and one-man-taking/ changing-the-society movies in recent times that Shankar needs to be the extra careful on what he's trying to say this time. I've some feeling that this will end up as another 'Samurai' for Vikram...in the sense, every review said Samurai was a well made movie, great songs/ acting et all, but it was too late. 'Cos a movie like Citizen had tried something on those lines/ ending already. In fact the theatre where I watched it, people were commenting that if it had come before Citizen it'd have been a big hit!

Jacky
27th April 2005, 10:37 PM
Kamraj,

"Infact, I do not have any special interest in HJ."

When i said his dappankuthu was not as good u pounced on me like a .....
Anyways visit http://forum.uyirvani.com/viewtopic.php?t=8
For complaints and rebuttals contact the site owner, not me.
Cheers.

kamarajc
27th April 2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the post Jacky. Sorry, if you felt that pouncing.

The most convincing similarity is 'Pachai Niramae' and 'Gul Mohar Malare'.

Let me tell you one example, how ridiculous some claims are:
Arul:
Marudha Malai
(Same Style when starting & Same 'Glass shining sound"

Uyire/Dil se:
Thaiya Thaiya

Do they think that ARR invented that Glass shining sound or did they hear that 'Glass shining sound' for first time only in Thaiya Thaiya.
Ok..ok.. I am not trying to be too critical. Cheers to you too.

rajasaranam
27th April 2005, 10:51 PM
Jacky,

That was very amateurish to give a link from such site owned by ARR Fanatics. give a link from Some site like ItwoFS which is owned by Karthick who is fairly Unbiased :)

vibinrajmani
27th April 2005, 11:01 PM
i am eager to know how the album is selling?

MusicIsLife
27th April 2005, 11:08 PM
Listening to the songs!! it is good.. probably will take some more time to get it going, but it has a repeat listening quality.

Rajasaranam, ithu neengala.. ARR-ai pugazhureengale??.. what happened to IR?

Iyengaru veetu azhagae reminds me of some song of IR, i dont know which film.. it might be ARR's too.. can some body tell me.

ne ways, send me an email rupmans@yahoo.com, i will send u a link for photo albums!!.. Hope you remember me.

Movies
27th April 2005, 11:21 PM
Guys,

are you trying to say , HJ does not copoy a bit from ARR?.....

Back Anniyan!

I have listened to Anniyan Infinite times since yesterday, honestly this is what i thought,

ARR shankar Combo has always been a HIT combo, eventhough they have always tasted succes, I personally dont think ARRs best albums were for Shankar.

In the same way, inever expected HJ to shell out his best stuff for Shankar. But What i was expecting was This could be shankars best songs wise!

and as a conclusion to my thoughts, HJ did nnot come up with his best album! And Obviuosly this isnt Shankars bestalbum either!

The songs have registered alott more than i expected they would on the first hearing! Average songs, they albumisnt a bummer! I am sure the audios will sell initially untill there is the word of mouth! Surely there is gonna be a major dip in sales after a week or 2. I think for the first time Shankars movie will be assessed purely on the movies strength! Previously people always say music played a major part in shankars success! I remeber for instance there were rumours that Jeans was saved by the songsso shankar was gonna work with IR!

Maybe this is what shankar wanted, he wanted music to be a lesser part of the films success!!!

All said, Anniyan has songs that diferent groups of people may like, for instance 2 melodies, 2 fast songs and a folk song, it has the ability to reach out to C centres, unlike BOYZ. Anniyan is structuured similair to Gentleman in variety.... other than that no comparisons at all!

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 11:23 PM
The story is about Vikram killing anybody who throws rubbish on the streets!! One day he finds his own lover throwing a banana skin on the street pavement - and he chases her!! Whether Vikram succeeds or not is the story!!

Arjuna
27th April 2005, 11:26 PM
Forgot to add - The reason y Vikram kills anyone who throws rubbish is - his own father slips and falls over a banana skin that was thrown on the road and gets killed!! So during his deathbed- Vikram's father gets a promise from Vikram saying that he shuld not spare anyone even if its his loved one - if they throw any rubbish on the streets!!

Lots of sentiments :(

baba88
27th April 2005, 11:26 PM
Hello,

After I heard this Kaathal Yaanai I thought Anniyan album will not be great. But after I heard the full album I know that this is the badest album that Harris Jeyaraj has ever composed and the badest that Shankar's films ever had.
I am saying this because I am a A.R.Rahman fan. Before Anniyan album released I was scared that it will break all records of A.R.Rahman, but now I am very happy for A.R.Rahman. Now Shankar loosed. He left A.R.Rahman now for the first time the music of his film will be a flop (not big hit). The thing that disturbed me was that Harris Jeyaraj copied (reused) many ideas and tunes from his old and from some other Music Directors albums.
So it's over. Anniyan Audio will be a flop.

This is only my opinion. You don't need to reply to this post. Sorry if am wrong.

Bye, bye

uv
27th April 2005, 11:35 PM
Folks

snr tfm member review of Anniyan check it out
http://srikanthd.blogspot.com

rajasaranam
27th April 2005, 11:39 PM
MIL,

Chennai vanthu Enna paaka varennu sollittu yaemaathitu poana ungala marakka mudiyuma :) BTW Join panna appa oru test post apram 4 maasam kalichu oru post enna aachu tooooooo busy :?
Rasaiaah is the only one who is running through my blood. I do Appreciate others at timesnu ungallukku theriyaatha enna?!! Especially after BOSE ARR's Rating has gone up in my books :)
I sent a mail to ur ID thozha.

rajasaranam
27th April 2005, 11:46 PM
I am saying this because I am a A.R.Rahman fan. Before Anniyan album released I was scared that it will break all records of A.R.Rahman, but now I am very happy for A.R.Rahman. Now Shankar loosed.

How Prejudiced :( ARR need not taste success by others failures. If that is so then he is a winner among worst :D

Jacky
28th April 2005, 12:15 AM
Kamaraj,
I don't completely buy their claims. Since u repeatedly asked for inspired songs - i gave a link from a site i often visit for downloading movies.

Rajasaranam,
free advice ah?
No thanks :lol:

rajasaranam
28th April 2005, 12:24 AM
Kamaraj,
I don't completely buy their claims. Since u repeatedly asked for inspired songs - i gave a link from a site i often visit for downloading movies.

Rajasaranam,
free advice ah?
No thanks :lol:

Kamaraj,

he himself cant figure out which of the songs of HJ are lifts from ARR. Avara ipadi kodumai paduthiteengalae. Paavam avar PAdam D/L panna mattum than antha sitekku povaraam please avara kitta inimae kashtamaana kaelvigal ellam kaetkaatheenga. :(

Jacky,
Theriyaama sollitaen sorry :roll:

MusicIsLife
28th April 2005, 12:29 AM
athu ellam inta pasanga pannina velai, naan ippo oru yahoo groups-le leader-a irukkaen, so very busy athai thavira, lot happened in the family..

naan post panniyae romba naalachu. anniyan kaeta piragu, tfmpage vandaen, enna sollarangannu parkarathukku, but surely my recent best is Yellae from Mumbai Express, it rocks, Anniyan is in my repeat listening list.

Jacky
28th April 2005, 12:31 AM
Rajasaranam,
Romba Thanks. Intha marthiri ella dfers kum help pannunga. Athuku ungala mari oru Genius ala than mudiyum.
:clap:

dude
28th April 2005, 01:02 AM
athu ellam inta pasanga pannina velai, naan ippo oru yahoo groups-le leader-a irukkaen, so very busy athai thavira, lot happened in the family..

naan post panniyae romba naalachu. anniyan kaeta piragu, tfmpage vandaen, enna sollarangannu parkarathukku, but surely my recent best is Yellae from Mumbai Express, it rocks, Anniyan is in my repeat listening list.

Welcome back MIL :-)

senthilv.com
28th April 2005, 01:35 AM
Let me stick my neck out.

The consensus seems like "Andangkaka..." is best of the album.

Ironically, when I listened to it and my Bull-S(BS) detector went way up to 200% and it SCREAMED COPIED!!!! After some melodystorming I was able locate the orginal tune!!

Rajasaraam pointed out that it is borrowed from IR and his vocabulary. Nope! It goes way back to 50's -- Alibaba & 40 Theives. The melody is lifted(remixed?!?!) from the cute and beautiful song "Chinnanchiru Chitte.." sung Jiki & Krishnan K C

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4166/

You can even trace the 'Andangkka..." hook to the interlude of the Chinnanchiru Chitte song :)

No wonder it sound good and catchy ;)

rckapildev
28th April 2005, 01:50 AM
Anniyan songs very disappointed for Shankars fans, because his every film has some new innovative sounds like Jeans, Muthalvan, Boys, Kathalan, Indian,. but all songs in anniyan songs are similar to 'Copycat' Harris Jayaraj's earlier ones or rahmans interludes, loops etc.

So, Shankar better luck next time with Arrahman, otherwise you lose your great fans.

vijayr
28th April 2005, 02:06 AM
Its surprising how under the pressure of satisfying high profile stars and directors second-tier MDs crumble. Vidyasagar's Chandramukhi was eminently forgattable and certainly not his best album-far from it. Thanks to Rajni, the songs are a hit anyways. And now HJ crumbles under the pressure. The songs might anyways be a hit for sometime because of Vikram/Shankar/Picturization/Publicity. But musically, an opportunity gone waste for HJ. Its only after listening to these so-called biggies by these second-tier MDs you realize even more that IR/ARR belong in a separate league all by themselves, several notches above the rest of TFM. We need the next whiz kid to take TFM by storm pretty soon, or else we would be reduced to listening to our old collections again and again.

dude
28th April 2005, 02:18 AM
When 4 the People audio was released, I thought that the new 'new sound' had arrived. Jassie Gift really has a unique sound... Too bad Jassie Gift is reduced to singing songs for HJ...

Arjuna
28th April 2005, 02:59 AM
Senthil - amazing find!! stunning - HJ wins the best XeroX Machine Award for the Year 2005!!

Thiru
28th April 2005, 04:04 AM
iyengaaru veetu azhage is a nice melody... I see shades of hindholam in it... can someone confirm the raaga??

uv
28th April 2005, 04:58 AM
Thiru

It has lots of shades of nattai,Thilang/kambeera nattai.
BTW read srikanths review here.
http://srikanthd.blogspot.com
This song could being done even more better but the songs gets lost in anupallavi and charanam
BTW for fellow tfmpagers this song also reminds of 2 songs
one is of old TR song can anyone guess and one is narumugaye of ARR song.
But watchout for Hariharans Brigas ;)

Movies
28th April 2005, 06:53 AM
HJ FANS something to cheer up a bit!

Indiaglitz hass a review of Anniyan!

Guys get excited for a while!

Oh well, India glitz is a great site, that never degrades any one or any movie! Always in praise for anything it reviews.
Considering this point, the anniyan review is not exactly a flattering one, so i assume they mean to say its average! Funny thing is that review also points out a few "inspired parts!"

I guess the verdict is equivocal Anniyan album fails!

Movies
28th April 2005, 07:55 AM
"Kumari " is surely the best song!

Its really good!

rajasaranam
28th April 2005, 09:06 AM
Let me stick my neck out.

The consensus seems like "Andangkaka..." is best of the album.

Ironically, when I listened to it and my Bull-S(BS) detector went way up to 200% and it SCREAMED COPIED!!!! After some melodystorming I was able locate the orginal tune!!

Rajasaraam pointed out that it is borrowed from IR and his vocabulary. Nope! It goes way back to 50's -- Alibaba & 40 Theives. The melody is lifted(remixed?!?!) from the cute and beautiful song "Chinnanchiru Chitte.." sung Jiki & Krishnan K C

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4166/

You can even trace the 'Andangkka..." hook to the interlude of the Chinnanchiru Chitte song :)

No wonder it sound good and catchy ;)

I could only Say VO...kkala OLi 5 patula thaerunathu oru paatu athuvum copy :(

stone cold
28th April 2005, 10:18 AM
heard 2 songs

kumari -nice song,sure hit.
1st interlude reminds me of mohalai song interlude,
n also the table beats.
Kumari (2:23 to 2:45) and mohalai (2:18 - 2:26)
rehash of mohalai??
good selection of singers.
2nd interlude sounds
familiar....any guess???.......well i
did found out.....is nothing than kannamuchi from
kandokunden2,check out the 2nd interlude.

kannum kannum-

ordinary song...don't know why harris usin the same instrument.
heard this song 3 time still sucks!!!
lyrics not clear...1st interlude reminds of a song in samurai.....18 vayusu????
2nd interlude 3:07 to 3:26 reminds of yuhi chala(swades) interlude.

REST LATER.......COMMENTS??

stone cold
28th April 2005, 10:57 AM
andan kakka
-much hyped song of jessie gift but he has only small part in this song.
-yet another below average song...maybe shankar should invite deva as guest composer to compose this song.

so far the songs doesn't seem like shankar movie songs.....
maybe the remaining songs will do justice...

stone cold
28th April 2005, 10:59 AM
andan kakka
-much hyped song of jessie gift but he has only small part in this song.
-yet another below average song...maybe shankar should invite deva as guest composer to compose this song.

so far the songs doesn't seem like shankar movie songs.....
maybe the remaining songs will do justice...

stone cold
28th April 2005, 10:59 AM
sorry for the double post.

A.ANAND
28th April 2005, 11:08 AM
SHANKAR ORU PERIA 'AUTAKARAN'HARRIS 'ANDA PULUGAN'
POI RENDUPERUM MATTI MATTI AISCREAM POTUKKASOLUNGA!!!!!

coolcrave
28th April 2005, 11:22 AM
The song seem to be highly inspired from...vidyasagar's symphony version of Endaro Mahanubahulu...This number also starts with one of the pancha ratna krithis "Jagaddhodarana in raaga naata...the starting was great i had great expectations for this song ( just wait till u see the screen, shankers should be credited for such adoration for tyagaaiya)...but in vain....a complete turn over comes in where hariharan and harini(?)...takes off on the track...The raaga is maintained through out the song. The lyrics had iyengar accent and words such as "camatthu" & ...the jathiswarams were good. The song seems to have traces of narumugaye from iruvar i am reffering to the veena sequence..The drawbacks are high usage of electronics...loops..the usage of accoustic should have lifted the song (ARR or Vidyasagar should done better)....other songs in this album are not worth mentioning. :( ..

Srini_M
28th April 2005, 11:38 AM
Building Blocks - Typical Harris's style, orchestration/arrangement mirrors ARRs works, as always.

Lyrics - a 'Thooral' of vairamuthu's imaginative stamp here and there. Otherwise, it's the same algorithmic lyrics interspersed with vocabs frm his word bank like 'ootri vitai', 'kudithuvidu', 'vaervai' blah blah.

A quick comment on some of the tracks frm first hearing - not sure if i wud give it a shot again...

Kanum Kannum - Nothing new. Songs like these set trends way back in 94.

Iyengaru.... A rehash of Gambeeranatai raag. So the similarity with Narumugaiye, MahaGanapathim, and for directional convenience, starts off with Jagada.

Andankaka .... good singing - but again cheap lyrics with occassional imaginative writing. It's conspicuous that the standards of writing have degraded these days when we hear phrases like like 'Muthathathala vervai illam sutham seyyendi"...GROSS!

Kathaal Yaanai....average number, as some of u had mentioned already. ARR was a trendsetter for these kinda songs a decade ago! Again this doesnt mean bashing non ARRs.

Stranger in Black...again nothing new - cud be situational music.

Kumari..starts of like Laysa Laysa...similarity with Enuyir thozhiyai may be due to use of Sudha Saveri scales.

Message: Taste is subjective - so enjoy listening, if u like it.
My call: Not worth my Hard disk space. :)

Cheers.

coucou
28th April 2005, 02:23 PM
i like two songs of anniyan after listenning few times. but on the whole, i have impression i have already listened its somewhere. I was very disapointed because i except songs from HJ like VASEEGARA, LEYSA KEYSA, onra renda
in every case, it is worth album of shankar
i like HJ too but SHANKAR + ARR BETTER THAN SHANKAR+HJ

coucou
28th April 2005, 02:25 PM
i hope we will like more the songs after seeing the film

sureshmehcnit
28th April 2005, 06:26 PM
Here is my review on the album

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Anniyan_Album-73528-1.html

Smile
Suresh

Thiru
28th April 2005, 06:28 PM
I think Iyengaaru veetu azhage is not based on 'Gambheera naattai' alone...Its a mix of different raagas... I had great expectations after the initial pancharatna kriti... 'kumari' is a very good attempt but Harris differs from other MD's by bringing his loop/style in every song... the bit 'naan thotru poven endru enniye' reminds us of his old songs... The mohanaveena bit in Iyengaaru veetu azhage defintely reminds us of 'narumugaiye' but its still a change from the usual HJ's 'omaha seeya' stuff....

kbee
28th April 2005, 07:47 PM
The song seem to be highly inspired from...vidyasagar's symphony version of Endaro Mahanubahulu... ..
Yes, but few 1000 miles away from VS work. When I listened to VS Endaro Mahanubahulu I was stunned. I rate VS work very close to manisharma's work in Morning Raga. Compared to these, Anniyan song is a garbage.

Some one said it correctly. its not work my hard disk space or even to be discussed.

Suresh,

I generally like (love) all your reviews, but not this one (the part where you said it will catch up once we watch the movie) . In shankar's movies there is no situational songs and thats why he has to stick with ARR. There is no way this is going click.

HJ better luck next time

Shankar - go back to ARR or try YSR.

kbee
28th April 2005, 07:49 PM
And guys, if you never listened to Morning Raga, PLEASE do so.

interz
28th April 2005, 08:20 PM
thought the topic was about anniyan????

i like the 2 karnatic songs, rest are below HJ standard

Movies
28th April 2005, 09:24 PM
Suresh ,

i like your reviews, you generally say only good things about albums, and give them a good rating, seeing you have rated anniyan low, sort of signals whats happening!

stone cold
28th April 2005, 09:35 PM
only saving grace in this album is the classical numbers.

MusicIsLife
28th April 2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks dude.. r u still in NJ?

We need to meet up. mail me rupmans@yahoo.com

Thiru
28th April 2005, 10:44 PM
my rating...
except for the two carnatic numbers, this album is very disappointing.. i would say listen only to those numbers and skip the others...

andankakka : 5/10
iyengaaru: 8/10
kumari:9/10
kannum kannum nokia: 4/10
kaathal yaanai: 6/10
stranger: 5/10

vibinrajmani
28th April 2005, 11:43 PM
why are people bragging about YSR's "arinthum ariyavalum"?

I did not hear anything special in those songs

dismal at best

i live in US and after listening to AA, i immediately started to vomit.

well back to Anniyan
3 out of the 5 songs were decent (carnatic numbers and the folk song)

shankar better come up with the goods!!!

kbee
29th April 2005, 12:02 AM
Guys dont waste your time discussing Annian. Its not worth it.

coolcrave
29th April 2005, 12:48 AM
i think the theme music bears the resemblance of the theme of "Passion of the Christ" by John Debney

please correct me if i am wrong

overall a decent effort from HJ!!

Yeah Ur right its a direct lift of that theme such pain to hear

coolcrave
29th April 2005, 12:52 AM

Morning Raga is nowhere near here (AMAZING)......try listening to Dance like a Man By Violin bros ganesh&kumaresh.....

dude
29th April 2005, 06:38 AM
Lyrics to improve your general knowledge:

2nd stanza of iyengaru veetu azhagae...
================================================
vaan mazhayil nanaindhal payirgal uruvaagum

aan mazhayil nanaindhal uyirgal uruvaagum
================================================

ayya vairamuthu, idellam thevaya????????

kbee
29th April 2005, 06:59 AM

Morning Raga is nowhere near here (AMAZING)......try listening to Dance like a Man By Violin bros ganesh&kumaresh.....
Yep I agree, but I am comparing movie albums. Anyways, Amazing is a very nice compilation. I have the DVD also (!)

Dragun
29th April 2005, 07:17 AM
Iyengaaru and Sukumaari are the only good songs, and even the latter has echoes of En Uyir Thozhi from Kangalal Kaidhu Sei. Please, Shankar, go back to ARR for your next film!

saisat
29th April 2005, 08:15 AM
iyengaru veetu azhage reminds me of karaiyatha manamum undo from varsham 16. By any chance is it based on the same raaga.

jabarullah
29th April 2005, 08:57 AM
before anniyan release.. we wan to compare anniyan and godfather who is the best.. we hope there will be a great fight

but now .... arinthunm arii... from yuvan shankar raja already beat anniyan... no need to wait for godfather...

now.. the fight is beetween yuvan and rahman

anniyan can fight with sachein or mumbai.. 2nd division music directors album

really dissapointed with HJ music in anniyan... like panniyan :oops:

Thunai
29th April 2005, 02:18 PM
So that is it...The verdict is out....Anniyan is just only an average album....But i think Shankar's picturisation will save the songs after the film's rlease. By now, even a shithead can think Rahman would have done better. Guys, i've heard that Shankar has opted for Praveen Mani for the Re-Recording. Is this true??... :lol:

Gaja
29th April 2005, 02:37 PM
Even Kadhal songs (Shankar home production - Music : Joshua Sridhar) are 100x better than this crap ANNIYAN!!!!

Whats is wrong with both Shankar & HJ?? Hope these lousy songs do not tamper the movie which should be good..

Arjuna
29th April 2005, 03:47 PM
According to Vikatan - Vikram kills the ppl by frying them!! He puts them in a masala vessel and then deep fries them in oil!! Kentucky Fried Humans - huh?!! ;)

kbee
29th April 2005, 05:17 PM
:oops:
Kazhuthaikku theriyuma karpoora vaasanai

MusicIsLife
29th April 2005, 06:56 PM
isaignani in this category, nakkal thaane

Vaz
29th April 2005, 07:38 PM
Vairamuthu is completly out of stock...

Na.Muthukumarand and kabilan are going to rule tfm...

Vaz
29th April 2005, 07:40 PM
Nobody as mentioned it...

Anyway don't know if it is a question of raga or anything but 'Iyengaru' sounds quite similar to 'chennai sentamizh'...

rajasaranam
29th April 2005, 09:20 PM

may be he should have mentioned 'Bombay' maniratnam film :D
why to worry Kbee

Movies
29th April 2005, 10:17 PM
I saw a shankars Interview on Raj TV yesterday,

I think its a replay from the one played on April 14th!

On the Music this is what he said; " Me harris worked veery informally, we didnt work like a director and music director. We sat down and just composed music very jovially!!! Harris is a fan, so am i, both of us were fans, so we found a shared a good rapport. All i can say is Anniyans music is not inferior to any of my previous films!"

Now I have translated word by word! I dont think what he says makes sense! Poor guy he was in a very tough situation. He cudnt say anything positive nor negative about anniyans music! and i wonder why!

Jacky
29th April 2005, 11:06 PM
He raves here
http://www.anniyan.com/interview.htm

Movies
30th April 2005, 12:34 AM
I have pasted the relevant question from Jacky's above link

>>>>>>>>

Q4. What have you tried in filming the songs?

A4. We have painted 350 houses beautifully in ThenKasi for a song. We have shot a song in Malaysian Airport for the First Time. We have conducted a Carnatic Cutcheri - Almost people would feel the Thiruvaiaru Cutcheri Festival while viewing that song.

Harris Jayaraj has a very well done job; He has introduced new sounds in this movie.

His style for others is 1day work within that 2 or 3 tunes- it would have be OK with others. But for my film it took week at the starting stage he was feeling about it, some times even it took 1 month to OK a song.

But once we came to same frequency, miracles have taken place. The songs are really superb, the visual and music together when seen on screen, even i would become a fan of it and enjoy with whisling.

<<<<<<<

Now Shankar talks about New sound?... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Anyone care to explain? I am sure non biased music fans like Kamarajc would know the meaning! After all they define original music!

And news shankar has just become a fan of average music! Boy Men change in a decade!

Shankar says it took weeks to OK a song?.... I want to know how long it takes HJ to come up with his best songs ( like KAKA and Minnale ) probably years!

Thiru
30th April 2005, 01:21 AM
Harris is a fan, so am i, both of us were fans, so we found a shared a good rapport.

what does this mean?? they are fans of someone or are they mutual fans of each other??

Movies
30th April 2005, 01:30 AM
Thiru,

How do i know, shankar said it!

He also said both of them watch movies at theater... so both are fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:huh:

I dont know wha that means ! he said it!

Is he in love with HJ????
:rotfl:

alias
30th April 2005, 01:31 AM

may be he should have mentioned 'Bombay' maniratnam film :D
why to worry Kbee

Since you have said, what kbee said applies to Rajasarnam. Bombay needs to get included.... Dude.... you have a big problem with your musical sense :-)

alias
30th April 2005, 01:40 AM
When I started listening to Anniyan with lot of curiosity, I felt this is going to be a rocking since this year there have not been any real good music. Boy, there is an old saying when their ending is near, they have little fear. And Shan :x kar has proved this. Since his golden era is coming near, it is really visible with his songs wiht HJ. What a letdown. I was thinking the songs that started from Gentleman which captured the attention of the nation to the songs of Anniyan which will be compared to the songs of Devi Shri Prasad and Srikanth Deva.

I started listening to Ariyundum Ariyadathum by Yuvan and I felt these songs are 1000 times better to Anniyan. Except Nokia nothing cathces your attention and they all look like a poor inspiration from Jeans or previous movies of Shankar which is none other than by greatest musician ever born in this world (raising my color ..showing how proud I am to be ARR fan). :x

kamarajc
30th April 2005, 05:59 AM
Hi Movies,

Not sure if there was any pun intended, thanks for complimenting as unbiased. :D

If Shankar had mentioned about new sounds, the answer is a simple 'No'. HJ does not seem to have attempted giving any new sounds... even to the extent he tried to give for a mediocre number (Thoodhu Varuma) in Kaaka-Kaaka. It may be recalled that he used Chinese strings for that song and it sounded distinct. Above all, I doubt if Shankar had made any comments like 'new sounds'. In all his recent interviews (2 with Ananda Vikatan and one with Sun TV), he sounds to be happy with the music he got from HJ. This statement seems to be a poor translation of Shankar's SunTV interview.

Harris has had two challenges in this project.
1. Tread in the path that has been tried and tested by Shankar-ARR. After all this is Shankar's movie and HJ is the replacement for ARR.
2. Prove your strengths in a high calibre movie, this is going to be critical in your career.

While the second one demands his creativity, the first one curbs the creativity. He needed to draw a line between these two extremes. I still believe he has come out well.

jabarullah
30th April 2005, 06:14 AM
sooryyy a bebbbbb.....

i did't realize that mumbai is raja songs......

ok...

ilayaraja the great

Music4Ever
30th April 2005, 07:22 AM
"Harris has had two challenges in this project.
1. Tread in the path that has been tried and tested by Shankar-ARR. After all this is Shankar's movie and HJ is the replacement for ARR.
2. Prove your strengths in a high calibre movie, this is going to be critical in your career. "

I believe Harris would have come up triumphs had he composed like he did for Minnale or 12 B or Kaaka Kaaka. Proving one's strength in a high-profile movie will have to be considerably more important than ploughing on a beaten track. It is difficult to believe that Shankar would have dismissed tunes as good as the ones in the above mentioned albums. I think Harris lost a wonderful opportunity. He is no doubt a talented musician.

kamarajc
30th April 2005, 08:09 AM
Hi Music4ever.... I agree with your point.

dinesh2002
30th April 2005, 06:45 PM
so what is Shankar's reaction now????? after all this review of Anniyan album???

kbee
30th April 2005, 07:24 PM
so what is Shankar's reaction now????? after all this review of Anniyan album???
HJ - Better luck next time
Shankar - Go back to ARR

WE (TAMIL PEOPLE) BADLY NEED SOME GOOD/QUALITY SONGS. COMMON IR AND ARR.

dinesh2002
30th April 2005, 07:49 PM
yes man...that is what we saying.....but what is SHANKAR himself saying?? :lol: :wink:

Arjuna
1st May 2005, 04:18 AM
was just listening to ARR's DUET - and realised how insane HJ was to say that his songs in anniyan were classical based!! I am just amazed listening to naan padum santham - holy cow - what a song!! - ARR is beyond comparison - He is just GOD!! that's all I can say!! We should be proud to be born in an era where ARR is around!! Its my previous good karma that I am able to listen and appreciate his divine music!!

Sudalai
1st May 2005, 07:54 AM
arjunarae..
Pullarikkudhu...! :D

unga post-a padichadhume..

magix
1st May 2005, 08:01 AM
vaazhkai-la mudhal vaati oru HJ album-ku ivalo aavala wait panninaen.. hmmmmm

magix
1st May 2005, 08:05 AM
The only HJ album I've looked fwd to!

1st impression. Lacks the Rahman touch. Before u go "DUH!! That's obvious!", naan solla vandhadhu was this.. Rahman took care to make sure that all the songs he gave Shankar sounded different, were in a different dimension from what he gave the others. Mood, tune.. none of it seemed like his older compositions. Anniyan apadi illai.

That's the main grouse I have in Anniyan. Otherwise, the tunes are not bad at all..

Andankaaka:
Peppy!
+ the fast folksy Shankar number.

- Why the hell do they twist their mouths like that?! Absolutely hate it when HJ resorts to getting his singers to sing with their nose and open their mouths unnaturally wide to try get that folk effect. Wish he'd stop doing that. (He did that in Kovil and Arul too)

Iyengaaru veetu azhage:
first 1:22 mins, no comments! :)
+ nice transition after that :)
+ cool singing and modulation by Hariharan
+ Harini andha brahmin vaarthaigal scene-a telling!

- Sounds like "Manam Virumbudhey" from Naerukku Naer! Becomes very evident when they sing "thathi thagathigu"!!

Kannum Kannum Nokia:
In one word - Pathetic! What the hell was HJ thinking?
+ positives-ku romba thedinaen.. hmmm, the English words are pronounced naturally. :) That's the only positive i cud make of it!!

- Rehash of his "So so sonaali" from Chellamey. very very evident from 2:06 to 2:25
- Rahman comes up with songs like Hello Doctor too.. but not for a Shankar film! :(

Kaadhal Yaanai:
I like the mood of the song. Sounds pretty funky.
+ he's used the kinda ularings that he used before "Thoodhu Varuma".. me likey! :)
+ The Rap-HipHop thingy in the middle's pretty cool too.

- Sounds like Seriya Thavara (12B) at times.. (3:49 - 4:03 for example)
- The singers try to be too nonchalant while singing, n that gets on my nerves! :)
(You might say that's needed if u want the song to sound cool n classy.. Enakkoru Girlfriend was natural, yet classy!)

Kumaari:
My favourite song of the album.. (For now!!) :)
+ Brilliant use of instruments. The instruments, especially the piano flourishes and the guitar strummings are very very Rahmanesque. HJ's done a nice job. :)
+ Nice Jazzy feel when Harini makes her entry..

- Sounds like En Uyir Thozhiye (Kanngalaal Kaidhu Sei) at times.. for instance, the tiny veenai effect at 2:14 (hehe.. nitpicking at its best!), the singing at so many places!
- The "Nasal open-and-close-mouth in an exaggerated manner" effect repeated. :)

Stranger in Black:
has this Gothic feel to it..
+ The theme for the evil Vikram i guess.. brings the mood out pretty well..

- engayo keta maathiri irukku. Or mebbe it's jus my prejudice against HJ!! :)

Disclaimer:
Reviewed while listening to it for the 3rd time. Opinion may change on more listening! :D

Kumanan
1st May 2005, 11:09 AM
Magix Sir,

Good, Enjoyable review! :thumbsup:

baba88
1st May 2005, 04:26 PM
Stranger in Black sounds like the Theme Music of Manmadhavan with this Bollywood Actress.

Adangkaka has something of the song En Chella Kiliye from Chellame.

Iyeengaaru Veethu Alage: nothing new. only the old melody.
no new ideas.

Kannum Kannum Nokia has some tunes of Kaathalikkum Aasai from Chellame. And some tunes from tunes from Kaadhalan or Love Birds I don't know correctly but it sounds like that.

Kadhal Yaanai:I can't tell you the song. But I know for sure that Harris Jeyaraj copied the Ideas and some tunes from englisch (american) songs. Example: A A REMO Chorus with Oh, Oh Shouts in the Backround.Salsa Part.

Kumari song sounds like Varaka Nadhikaray Oram from Sangamam. The singers pronounciation.

It's not a review. It's only my opinion to the songs. Maybe there are not right.

interz
1st May 2005, 05:11 PM
Jassie Gift's voice doesnt fit to such songs, he sounds like he is ub toilet while he sings. They wasted Jassie gift's in sachin too.

His voice might suit dancehall, reggae kind of songs.

Music4Ever
1st May 2005, 10:56 PM
Nice review, magix. If the movie becomes a hit (likely) the songs will be too.

UnlimtedMeals
2nd May 2005, 12:04 AM
Has Anniyan CD released in the US?

For high profile albums like this I always make sure my first listen is from an orig CD.

But these people know how to give lectures about piracy but they fail to market it and the product is UNAVAILABLE!!! How the hell will you not have piracy?

nsowmy
2nd May 2005, 03:05 PM
In kumari song, in the charanam around 3:02 & 4:28, the tune

"kaadhalai maraithaal, ganam thaangamal, en uyir sethu pogum, illaya" is exactly same as
"Puyal varumbodhu, poochendu koduppai, puriyadha pudhir nee, babaa" from the song " Babaa kichu kichu thaa". DITTO copy.

Also the starting of the Kumari song " Oh sukumari oh singari " sounds very similar to the song " Jaya Krishna Mukunta Murari "... ( it rhymes with words like " Kanagambaradhari " ... )

And "Andangakka kondakaari" somehow sounds to me very similar to "olli kuchi udambukari" ... probably coz of the lyrics...But the tune is also similar....

NagaS
2nd May 2005, 03:52 PM
From the lyrics, I think 'kumari' song is for a similar situation as 'enna sollap pogiraay' from KK2 ... Good job by Shankar Mahadevan Again !

NagaS

vjrag_ind
2nd May 2005, 06:59 PM
Dont you guys think the bass track (guitar) of Kaadhal Yaanai sounds similar to the one in BAD of MJ? Maybe i am mistaken.

m_23_bayarea
3rd May 2005, 02:06 AM
Why are you guys analyzing so much, all to critize Harris Jayaraj ?? Though I'm an ARR fan myself, I don't think ANNYIAN songs are in anyway below Shankar's standards. I love the songs already, and am sure Shankar would have pictuirized them very well...

Lankan-Flava
3rd May 2005, 04:53 AM
Anniyan is a album i've been looking foreward to over a year now, ever since news broke that Shankar decided to have Harrish compose his songs rather than A.R.Rahman Sir.
FLASH BACK! a few weeks ago i finally get a hold of a "Anniyan" song, which being "Kadhal Yannai". My initial reaction: "um...what the..?". I hated this song, what a overworked composition. It hints similarities from the feel of "Secret of Sucess" from the earlier "Boys" , however not copied! I had the song on repeat for hours trying to like the song, but nothing changed from my intial reaction - disapointed! Then the rest of the songs are out.. Heres my review of the songs:

Kumari - a wonderful peice. This is what i was expecting from a HJ-Shankar collaboration. It has a refreshing excitementi had felt which is usually how i feel with most A.R.Rahman songs. Shankar Mahadevan sounding amazing as ever, and the Harini teaser near the end is beautiful! This song spells SUCCESS. All these allegations of HJ copying all these different songs are getting annoying, but i have to say this song does have copied elements from "en uyir thozia" from KKS.

Iyengaru Veetu - With a carnatic basis, Harrish once again amazes me with his versatility i thought he never encompassed. The spiritual and festive essence of this song is outstanding, a song that will be praised by Shankar on the screen with extravagent setting and picturisation.

Stranger theme - is mysterious and dark. It will certainly emphasize in the movie. Overall its average, nowhere on the same level as A.R.Rahman instrumental themes.

Adangkaka - I was looking foreward to this song, as Jassie Gift was appearing on it. Shankar maybe wanted a Jassie and Harrish collaboration after hearing the awesome '4 STUDENTS'. Shankar is looking for mass appeal in his songs to paralell his movies, and '4 students' has that appeal. However the song is just another foot tapper by Harrish, just like 'utagathu' from Arul and others from saamy, kovil and chellame. It will be a moderate hit, nothing big!

Kannum - OK this songs is just as stupid as "Kadhal Yannai". I like this guys voice though, but it was wasted on this song. This song is not for a Shankar movie! Catchy yes, but mass appeal NO!

Overall Harrish has only composed two songs that will shine in the movie, being 'Kumari" and "Iyengaaru veetu". Anniyan is unlike no other previous shankar albums, it is definitly inferior to shankar's previous albums, what was Shankar was thinking? Listen to "Jeans", "Boys", "Kadhalan" etc...those songs had the tamil world rocked! It had a mass appeal to anyone , even people who don't like tfm. This is not the case with "Anniyan", it will be the first case where the movie will promote the songs to a full extent! "Kumari" will be the biggest hit in 2005 so far (until GODFATHER comes out LoL)

bramma
3rd May 2005, 09:21 AM
ARR is God.,.\
ARR is great.. he only create music in Tamil film.. all the music directors are just copying the stuff....

In anniyan,...

Song 'Kannum.. Kannum' has inspirations from 'Mottu Vittadha' of Pavithra.. composed by our great ARR. Especially you listen to the wonderful piece 1:49 to 2:22 in ARR's song.. it is a ditto copy by Harris in 2:44 to 3:11. What is he thinking of himself.

One more thing... 'Kadhal yaanai' has strong shades of 'Sambo sambo' from pudhiyamugam.. you listen the points of 3:01 to 3:34 particularly.

Theme music is a ditto copy from 'En swasakatre'.. when Arvindsamy will be stealing that stuff.

Long live ARR... down down Harris. He should go away from music field itself.. see the nasty stuff he is doing.

dinesh2002
3rd May 2005, 11:20 AM
ARR is God.,.\
ARR is great.. he only create music in Tamil film.. all the music directors are just copying the stuff....

In anniyan,...

Song 'Kannum.. Kannum' has inspirations from 'Mottu Vittadha' of Pavithra.. composed by our great ARR. Especially you listen to the wonderful piece 1:49 to 2:22 in ARR's song.. it is a ditto copy by Harris in 2:44 to 3:11. What is he thinking of himself.

One more thing... 'Kadhal yaanai' has strong shades of 'Sambo sambo' from pudhiyamugam.. you listen the points of 3:01 to 3:34 particularly.

Theme music is a ditto copy from 'En swasakatre'.. when Arvindsamy will be stealing that stuff.

Long live ARR... down down Harris. He should go away from music field itself.. see the nasty stuff he is doing.

hello machan,man,im a hardcore ARR fan here,one i listen to any songs which is simular to ARR's,i can find it out that spot,but the stufss u mention doesnt sync abit....it doesnt have 1% of the simularity there.... :roll: :?

coucou
3rd May 2005, 06:51 PM
ARR is God.,.\

In anniyan,...

hello machan,man,im a hardcore ARR fan here,one i listen to any songs which is simular to ARR's,i can find it out that spot,but the stufss u mention doesnt sync abit....it doesnt have 1% of the simularity there.... :roll: :?

i think we haven't to compare a human to a GOD. even arr wouldn't be agree with you.
moreover, HJ is great too because he give us a good music in his past albums. he did one mistake : work with shankar instead of arr rahman. even if, songs are good in anniyan, arr fans think it was worst songs
it's normal because he compares these songs with their idole's songs(arrrr)
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fans :?
THEN ilayaraja fens and arr fans talked same thing for chandramukhi album whereas it become a hit now

coucou
3rd May 2005, 06:52 PM
hi excuse me dinesh !!!!!!
i put you quote instead of brahmma

kbee
4th May 2005, 12:17 AM
THEN ilayaraja fens and arr fans talked same thing for chandramukhi album whereas it become a hit now

Chandramukhi - Rajni factor = Flop.
Rajni factor + anything = Hit

FYI, I am a kamal fan, but Rajni factor is huge when it comes to collection.

rajasaranam
4th May 2005, 02:55 AM
Andakka randakka is definitely a hit of this summer :thumbsup:

kamarajc
4th May 2005, 03:04 AM
Hi Rajasaranam... so sad to hear this. We will miss you.

kbee
4th May 2005, 07:55 AM
BYE FRIENDS Enjoy discussing in these brahminical forums :thumbsup:
Rajasaranam, Why you quote this as Brahminical forums. I dont see any trace here. Get easy bro.

Cinefan
4th May 2005, 11:27 AM
Digression:

BYE FRIENDS Enjoy discussing in these brahminical forums :thumbsup:
Rajasaranam, Why you quote this as Brahminical forums. I dont see any trace here. Get easy bro.

In the misc section,the moderator deleted one of his posts in the 'Evolution,creation ,god'thread.Ivarukku odane kovam vandu,brahminical forum-nnu veliye poyetarru.In my experience,Brahmins&Vedic traditions are the most insulted,sullied in this forum.anyways,it's his loss.I hope ppl think twice before calling others(incl moderators)names.

End digression.

Cinefan
4th May 2005, 12:21 PM
http://www.teakada.com/archives/anniyan_audio_rockz.html

Music review by a blogger.

coucou
4th May 2005, 06:54 PM

Chandramukhi - Rajni factor = Flop.
Rajni factor + anything = Hit

FYI, I am a kamal fan, but Rajni factor is huge when it comes to collection.

anniyan - ( shankar +vikram)= flop
shankar+vikram+anythink= hit

vjrag_ind
4th May 2005, 07:01 PM
IAM LEAVING THIS FORUMHUB ONCE FOR ALL AS A MARK OF PROTEST AGAINST THE ARROGANT ATTITUDE OF THE MODERATORS. BYE FRIENDS Enjoy discussing in these brahminical forums :thumbsup:

Aiyyyoo....Indiavoda kadan eppadi adayapovudho endha loss appuram!!!

:D :o :shock:

hehehehe sorry had to take this cheap shot....come saranam sir, caste pathi pesama thirupi vaango, raaja vs arr sanda neenga illama bore adikum.

bramma
4th May 2005, 09:33 PM
anniyan - ( shankar +vikram)= flop
shankar+vikram+anythink= hit

anniyan - (shankar+vikram) != anniyan

Once upon a time there was a kaakaa who talks anything rubbish. Now, there is no kaakaa.. but,......

All I want to say is.. dont insult music directors. I said ARR is god.. but dont insult HJ

nsowmy
4th May 2005, 10:39 PM
I find that "kadhal yaanai" song pallavi is exactly same as the charanam of "No problem" song from Love Birds...
i.e. it sounds just like
"Mudhal mudhala varum tamil pattu,
Nilavu saindhada enna 'rate'u,
Western engalukku vilayaattu,
No problem"

Try singing the Kadhal Yaani song, replacing "Remo" with just "Rem". Just leave out the last 'o' and it will exactly be like the "No problem" song charanam....

Arjuna
4th May 2005, 11:22 PM
ok bye - rajasaranam

bramma
6th May 2005, 01:10 AM
nsowmy.. :shock:

You are afflicted with one disorder called.. "Neuro-immuno-pathetic-athological-findings-just-trying-to-show-up-syndrome-of-some-nonsensical-nuisancial-gals-who-think-they-are-descendants-of-columbus-even-god-cant-save-ur-types". 8) Take care yaa :wink: :cry:

stranger
6th May 2005, 01:50 AM
"BrahmmA" has "created" a longest word in English :)

Well, the Anniyan songs are better than Chandramukhi songs at least to me. :)

dinesh2002
7th May 2005, 04:16 PM
[tscii:e3da94e549]`Anniyan` trailer from today

By Moviebuzz
Saturday, 07 May , 2005, 10:52

The breathtaking trailer of Shankar’s magnum opus Anniyan will start appearing on satellite channels from today. Theatres worldwide who have booked the film will also premiere the trailer.
The sneak preview of the five-minute promo is fast paced and is visually a treat. This is sure to raise the curiosity among the audience to watch the film which is getting ready for release on May 27. Vikram appears in different get-ups in the trailer.

The audio which has received a lukewarm reception is also sure to pick up once the promo start appearing on channels.
-the record breaking of previous shankar films????? :P

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13736357[/tscii:e3da94e549]

Movies
7th May 2005, 10:28 PM
Bramma,

R u trying to make urself dumb... surely u will succed!

do u have any idea what atleast 4 of those words mean? Grow up dude!

No personal "insults"! If at all ur gonna insult anyone on this forum its gotta be Shankar and HJ! :lol:... kiddin

Dinesh;

I cant beleive Sify is contradicting their own "hypothesis" that anniyan rocks! a few days ago they had an articke sayin anniyan was doing good!

Ah , well..... Verdict is out Anniyan yucks!

coucou
7th May 2005, 11:06 PM
anniyan released may 22th. it was most expected. every body says this movie is very differnt seeing trailor. maybe, movie would create REVOLUTION in tfm
http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/07052005-3.shtml

coucou
7th May 2005, 11:08 PM
excuse me i gave an error link
http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/07052005-2.shtml

Surya
8th May 2005, 12:43 AM
Songs are just.....AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup:

Movies
8th May 2005, 05:52 AM
Surya,

Maybe u mean a thumbs down????

The above article from cinesouth also hints that HJ didnt perform as well as ARR wud have!

So we fairly conclude HJ messed up badly!

Movies
8th May 2005, 05:54 AM
Have u guys checked the photo stillsof anniyan? looks great!

A.ANAND
8th May 2005, 03:53 PM
SIFY.COM IS ALLWAYS SUPPORT HJ ALBUM ONLY.THIS WEB ANTI ARR WEB.SIFY KNOW ANNIYAN SONGS ARE NOT WELL LIKE ARR AND SHANKER COMBO.BUT SIFY DEFENT TO HJ.REMEMBER FEW YEARS AGO, CINESOUTH.COM SAY'S IN ARTICLE ABOUT 'HJ WILL REPLESE ARR AFTER ANNIYAN SONG OUT'BUT WHAT HAPPEN TODAY.NOW CINESOUTH
SAYS'MUSIC MATTUM ARR IRUNTHA,INNUM VERA MATHIRI IRUKKUM'
SO C.S.COM NOW,KNOW THAT ARR@SHR IS ALWAYS THE BEST COMBO@!!
SOMBODY SAYS IN HJ YAHOO.GROUPS, ANNIYAN AUDIO BREKING ALL PREVIOS SHANKER FILM.AND THEY SAID HE READ IN KUMUDAM @VIKATAN
MAG.THIS IS A BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG LIARRRRRRRRRR.BECAUSE I AM THE REGULAR CUSTEMER 4 KUM.@A.V MAG.[ENNDA EPPADI PULUGIRINGGA??????]

dinesh2002
8th May 2005, 06:02 PM
'Anniyan'- Release Report
Stunning- is the word that is being used by those who had seen the trailer of this film. This film had raised the level of Tamil film world. The producer had decided to harvest the outcome of it, whatever it is.

Distributors are competing with each other to buy this film. But Ravichandran had retained the rights of distribution for the states of Tamilnadu, Kerala and Karnataka.

Another trading area for Shankar's films is foreign countries' right. Even this has not been given to anybody; he himself is going to release 'Anniyan' in foreign countries by himself.

As per as the songs are concerned, fans are replacing 'Laka Laka Laka' with 'Randakka Randakka'. There are those who think, if A.R.Rehman had scored the music it would be very different.

The film 'Anniyan' is going to be released on May 22 in theatres. This film will make people in all India level to talk about the increased level of quality of Tamil films.

Let us give this film a Royal welcome!

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/07052005-2.shtml

music man
8th May 2005, 11:22 PM
Hey are there any official sales figures for Anniyan album

Nayagan
9th May 2005, 02:39 AM
Hi All,

I think HJ has done a decent job with the songs. After listening the songs 3-4 times, I find them all catchy. Iyengar, Kumari and Kadhal Yannai being my personal favs. If shankar has picturised the songs well( which I am sure he has) the songs might become the rage that shankar movies usually generate. ARR cannot not be replaced. However I feel that HJ has come out a winner with anniyan.

Btw, the song Kannum Kannum I think is inspired by the "Horse with no Name" by Americas. Anybody felt the same?

NormalMan
9th May 2005, 08:29 AM
Big dud album !!

inetk
10th May 2005, 02:39 PM
America? Horse with no name? Gawd...where did you come up with that. There's absolutely no link between the two! What kind of inspiration did you see? Try a wma version of the America song from here...
http://www.thesahara.info/america.wma

Karthik
ItwoFS

shan7785
13th May 2005, 02:03 AM
Btw, the song Kannum Kannum I think is inspired by the "Horse with no Name" by Americas. Anybody felt the same?

THats Just Stuped :evil:

Nayagan
14th May 2005, 01:44 PM
May be I spoke to soon....The "Kannum Kannum" song some how reminded me of that song, I guess the feel of it...Did not have the americas song to listen to it.

music man
15th May 2005, 02:53 PM
My views about the album after repeated hearings is:
1)Only the songs " kadhal Yaanai" and "Kumari" standout.
2)Most of these type of songs were churned out by ARR in his initial years.
3)HJ should be appreciated for his efforts in those carnatic songs but when compared to ARR's carnatic songs HJ pales in comparison.
4)The songs Kadhal Yaanai is the power packed song but it resembles a lot of rap songs and has traces of ARR's "No Problem".
5)Kumari has traces of Duet(Naan Paadum Sandham),KKS(En Uyir Thozhiye) and a song in Sangamam.
Inspite of all these the songs has the potential to become chart busters.

Cinefan
17th May 2005, 11:19 AM
Disappointing album.Except Andangakka... with the Randakka randakka refrain,none of the other songs pass muster.I got bored listening to them.These is my view after listening to the songs once&I don't believe in the'listen to a song 500 times&you will like it'thought.Any music should impress on first listening,subsequent ones should only be to understand the nuances.It is now on Shankar to elevate them with his picturisations.But I am still looking foward to Vettaiaadu......as HJ&Gautham have a good track record.

Cinefan
17th May 2005, 04:18 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13743434

Audio market crashes in the Tamil film industry despite CM selling 2.5 lakh pieces purely on the strength of Rajni.Kana Kandein despite rocking music has till now sold 10,000 cassettes&Anniyan with all the hype 50,000.MP3's,downloads are the main culprits for this sorry state.

muzammil84
17th May 2005, 08:54 PM
so anniyan is big flop now guys u understad the combe of ARR-Shankar read sify latest news

'The much hyped Shakar-Harris Jayaraj audio of Anniyan is pretty lukewarm. It has not even crossed the 50,000 mark! Remember that the Shankar-AR Rahman combo used to sell over one Lakh within three days of its launch earlier.'

now tell about arr -shankar combo guys no one can beat thos combo :)

svaisn
17th May 2005, 09:08 PM
Yes...

U are absolutely correct

Hope shankar joins ARR back

slperson1
17th May 2005, 10:10 PM
anyone know where we can see the new trailor?

muzammil84
17th May 2005, 10:11 PM
try to get in indiaglitz.com