PDA

View Full Version : CAN I PLEASE GET MORE RESPONSES TO WHICH IS THE BEST ATTA

NEHA1222
24th April 2005, 09:37 AM
HI I HAVE POSTED THIS TOPIC FEW TIMES BUT I AM NOT GETTING AS MUCH RESPONSES AS I WOULD LIKE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHICH IS THE BEST ATTA FOR PEOPLE LIVING IN THE UNITED STATES? ALSO I CAN I WOULD PEOPLE TO RATE NEW BRANDS OF ATTA ALSO? FOR EXAMPLE I HAVE TRIED SUJATA ATTA AND HAVE FOUND NOT TO LIKE IT BECAUSE IT DOES NOT KNEAD WELL AND WHEN I AM ROLLING IT INTO PERAS(BALLS) IT DOES NOT ROLL WELL AND MAKES CRACKS, ALSO I WANT TO KNOW THE CONCEPT OF MAIDA, WHAT IS WRONG WITH HAVING MAIDA IN ATTA IS IT BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH? PLEASE GIVE YOUR RESPONESES TO YOUR FAVORITE ATTA AND CONTRIBUTE SOME RECIPES. SO FAR MY FAVORITE ATTA HAS BEEN MAYA AND GOLDEN TEMPLE. HERE IS MY PUNJABI STYLE HALWA RECIPE WHICH MADE IN THE GURUDWARA THAT I MAKE WITH ATTA.

HALWA RECIPE:
1 CUP ATTA
1 CUP GHEE

CHASHINI
2 CUPS WATER
1 CUP SUGAR (MORE OR LESS DEPENDING ON TASTE BUT THIS IS WELL AMOUNT FOR THIS MUCH HALWA.)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TWO TYPES OF PANS IN FRONT OF YOU ONE LIKE A TEA POT/PATHILA AND ONE KADAI/WOK OR FRYPAN BUT IT SHOULD BE AT LEAST A 5 QUARTS.

PREPERATIONS:
TAKE YOUR TEA POT AND ADD WATER LET WATER HEAT UP AND THEN ADD SUGAR. WHEN WATER COMES TO A BOIL PUT HEAT ON SIMMER FOR ONE MINUTE THEN CLOSE. IN THE OTHER PAN OR KADAI ADD GHEE LET IT HEAT UP THEN ADD ATTA. FRY THE ATTA FOR 1-2 MINUTES UNTIL ATTA AND GHEE MIX UP AND NOW THE ATTA IS GOLEN BROWN. NOW THIS VERY IMPORTANT SLOW THE HEAT OF THE ATTA PAN/KADAI AND NOW TAKE YOUR WATER MIXTURE OR CHASHINI AND ADD IT TO YOU ATTA MIXTURE GRADUALLY. SLOWLY/ RUK RUK KE PUT THE WATER MIXTURE IN. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP STIRIING. AFTER YOU HAVE DONE ADDING THE WATER MIXTURE COOK WHAT NOW IS HALWA FOR 2-5 MINUTES, THEN CLOSE HEAT. TAKE THE HALWA AND FIRST BLESS IT BY GOD AND THEN PUT SOME OF THE OFFERING BACK IN THE PAN AND GIVE A LITTLE TO THE NEAREST TEMPLE. YOU WILL HAVE WONDERFUL HALWA.[/b]

Idiappam
26th April 2005, 01:11 AM
Dear NEHA1222,

Perhaps if you could send me a bag each of these ATTAs, me sure would help you to test out the best. Would you please? Waiting eagerly!

Regards
Idiappam of Forumhub

apujittu
26th April 2005, 02:03 AM
Hi Neha1222,
I live in US , I like Sujatha better than any other brand. It really comes out soft . I like the taste too. I just add little oil and knead the dough really well. After 1/2 hour I roll them out really thin and make phulkas it turns out really really good!.
I have tried Goled temple, but Sujatha works out well for me.MAny of my friends too like Sujatha. Again it is Individual preference. Try one by one may be you will be satisfied with atleast one brand. All the best! :)

NEHA1222
26th April 2005, 08:38 AM
SUJATHA IS A NEW BRAND IN THE MARKET FROM INDIA. IM GLAD YOU LIKE IT BECAUSE NOW WE CAN START THE TREND OF IMPORTING ATTA FROM INDIA ALONG WITH OTHER THINGS LIKE ACHAR AND OTHER GOOD STUFF FROM INDIA.

gkals
26th April 2005, 06:17 PM
Hi all,

I tried nature's best aata.As the name said its the best i think.I never eat chapathi.But yesterday i ate non stop.Its very tasty and soft like the ones we grind in our houses.just give it a try.

thanks
kals

NEHA1222
29th April 2005, 11:40 PM
I HAVE JUST TRIED A NEW BRAND OF ATTA WHICH IS SWAD ATTA, NOT THE NORMAL SWAD ATTA BUT THE NEW AND IMPROVED SWAD ATTA FROM INDIA THE PUNJABI AND THE GUJRATI ATTA. I LIKE THE TASTE ITS JUST LIKE INDIA'S ROTIS. I AM USING THE GUJRATI ATTA WHICH IS BHALLA ATTA NICE TASTING. GOOD JOB SWAD!

Minni
29th April 2005, 11:44 PM
Neha,

Your caps are irritating to the eye. Can you please not post in caps ?

Internet courtesies dictate that: caps are offensive...if you are intentionally posting your comments in caps, hope you can avoid them in future.

Thanks,
Minni

kavithasenthil
29th April 2005, 11:45 PM
Hi all,

I tried nature's best aata.As the name said its the best i think.I never eat chapathi.But yesterday i ate non stop.Its very tasty and soft like the ones we grind in our houses.just give it a try.

thanks
kals

It is true. One of my friend suggested to buy 'nature's best' atta. I bought last week. It is really good. We used golden temple atta for 5 yrs. Thats is a good brand too but this nature's best tastes just like home made atta. PPl can try that.

kavithasenthil
29th April 2005, 11:46 PM
Neha,

Your caps are irritating to the eye. Can you please not post in caps ?

Internet courtesies dictate that: caps are offensive...if you are intentionally posting your comments in caps, hope you can avoid them in future.

Thanks,
Minni

Not only irritating but hard to read also. Not reader friendly.

NEHA1222
1st May 2005, 08:03 AM
sorry 4 caps, but again this is not chat room im not cursing any one, i have the freedom to choose any style of writing that i feel fits best for me, and the reason i choose caps is because i feel it is very readable. ok minnie so u choose to tell me how i should write in that time you coulkd have responded to the topic and again im sorry caps offended you.

vizmaya
14th December 2005, 04:13 AM
Hi Neha1222

Laxmi Brand atta - best one.

Vizmaya.

kritica
14th December 2005, 10:12 PM
Hi neha,
the recipe for the halwa looks yummy... i live in canada... i get golden temple atta.. but dont prefer it... here we get another atta called sher atta.. i use that. its good.....
hope it helps
kritica

Raghu
9th January 2006, 06:17 PM
Asli atta is quite good, it has picture of elephant on it

azhagi
11th January 2006, 05:13 AM
Sujatha is good,rotis come out really soft... :D