PDA

View Full Version : THE GREATEST THING DONE FOR LOVE.

priya
14th November 2004, 11:44 PM
What is the greatest thing you have done for someone you love.
The defination of "love" here is not limited to the love between two lovers, it can be between mother , friend , NATION any one who u like.
also what sacrifice did u do for them ?

geno
15th November 2004, 01:39 AM
LOL !! :lol: :lol: :lol: @ RC!

Priya,

this RC is just a funny bloke; he intends to just be friendly i suppose :)

ne way i loved it RC!!! :lol: :lol:

Coming to priya's query...hmm..recently i took a respected friend's anger at me - in my stride and didn't rebuke! that can be counted...no? :)

Reena
15th November 2004, 08:36 AM
Probably giving up Stanford to go to UC Davis with my Uncle's son, who is chosen to be my husband. But thats also a good thing, because UC Davis is one of the Best Unis in the country, also, from what I hear, much easier than Stanford. :)

blahblah
15th November 2004, 10:39 AM
Now guys,its question that has cornered you all,isn't it :o ?I too tried to think about some thing great I have done for love but can't find any :? .May be every one can't build a Taj mahal.May be it is the small things- a kind word or a gesture that matters :wink: .
But for Priya,may be it means some thing she actually doesn't like :lol: :lol: :lol: -for example piercing her nose :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: or some thing.HaHaHa...Anyway,
"Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments,Love is not Love,
Which alters when it alteration finds
And bends with the remover to remove",So wrote Shakespeare.

Dr. Veena
15th November 2004, 11:30 AM
I was desperate with life at a point. Was thinking of only SUICIDE because all my ways seemed closed. I was about to take in an overdose of some medicine. But I didn't do it, because my best friend ( who's also my cousin) is carrying. I didn't want her to go thru the shock of my death, because I love her a lot Is it a sacrifice? May be I'll think of this again after her delivery in February 2005.

nirosha sen
15th November 2004, 11:51 AM
So Dr Veena - Your overwhelming love for your cousin has put HER
on a suicide watch, hasn't it? She has the burden of putting not only her baby's gestation on a timer but your lifeline too????? Geez lady! Where do you get off, placing the burden of guilt on somebody else, albeit an unsuspecting cousin????

If this is as much an agony column as one about love, then kindly write more and share your angst with us. But do not mention the word suicide for - LIFE IS FOR THE LIVING!!!

Ever considered seeing a therapist or psychiatrist for your problem?

Dr. Veena
15th November 2004, 12:52 PM
Nirosha, you got me wrong. I DID NOT discuss this with my cousin sis at all. I assumed she would go thru the shock, so I decided to give up the idea for the time being.

priya
15th November 2004, 02:33 PM
hello everyone

actually i am too selfish to do something for others.
i guess it is a trait i have.
but i cant help that........ can i?
:?:
thats why u didnt see my experiece in this post (for those who were waiting for my story) :evil:

but i felt is as a good topic that hadnt been discussed.

and dr. veena life is for living as said by "nirosha sen" please remove these thoughts from ur mind, u will find a way to get beyond ur desperation.

thank you

nirosha sen
15th November 2004, 04:32 PM
Dr V - While I sympathise with your plight, by telling us itself, we're burdened by this relevation! I cannot in all conscience condone the very notion of suicide! You're still saying you've decided to wait it out, which is still disconcerting to me!

Please share your problems at least, so that you're not suffering alone. We maybe 3rd persons, but sometimes it's easier to talk to us than those you're closer to. Which is probably why you're all bottled up and waiting to exhale!

Bdolf Hilter
15th November 2004, 07:07 PM
XYZ

Bdolf Hilter
15th November 2004, 07:17 PM
XYZ

Sandeep
15th November 2004, 11:48 PM
I was desperate with life at a point. Was thinking of only SUICIDE because all my ways seemed closed. I was about to take in an overdose of some medicine. But I didn't do it, because my best friend ( who's also my cousin) is carrying. I didn't want her to go thru the shock of my death, because I love her a lot Is it a sacrifice? May be I'll think of this again after her delivery in February 2005.

What 'all ways seemed closed'. If it is closed break it open. What will they do, kill you (do you care) .

Bdolf Hilter
16th November 2004, 02:13 AM
XYZ

nirosha sen
16th November 2004, 06:50 AM
With so many livewires here for friends, who on earth would want to call it a day???? As long as Dr V sticks around this hub, I'm sure she'd agree that laughter is THE medicine after all! I mean do we have a better panacea for the ills of the mind - real or imagined???? 8)

Surya
16th November 2004, 07:23 AM
Reminds me of Patch Adams.

Dr. Veena
16th November 2004, 08:09 AM
Dear friends,
I'm so overwhelmed by your response & concern. Yes, I'm very very happy I found this site. I wish I had found it earlier. Thanks a ton for your words of support.
Love,
Veena

Dr. Veena
16th November 2004, 09:27 AM
Well, I'm coming to my problem, since you all expressed concern.

I'm an over-protected only child. My father controls me too much. I can't go out alone in an Auto or Bus. My mother is sick. Neurotic. She will not do any work. Dad is working abroad. It's like he stays there for 3 months and then he's here for the next 5 months and goes again so that his visa does not expire.

I'm tired of being my mom's home nurse. I need to live my youthful years. I want to go abroad or at least outside Kerala, where I live but I can't. I'm feeling TRAPPED. I hate my bitchy, over-interfering relatives. I want to GET OUT. I'm so desparate. All I'm asking is for a little freedom. My gfather decides everything including what I must eat. How would you feel if you were in my place?

I feel at ease when he's not here. Becoz that's when I go gallivanting everywhere!

Shekhar
16th November 2004, 10:10 AM
My greatest sacrifice for love?!!

Well, I married her... :D

nirosha sen
16th November 2004, 10:41 AM
Dr V - How old are you?(You needn't be exact, if it's uncomfortable). What is it you do? Are you still in school? Have you started work? Exactly what's wrong with your mum? More info. would be useful.

Could always write me, if you feel more comfortable, okay? Feel free!!

Bdolf Hilter
16th November 2004, 09:00 PM
XYZ

Bdolf Hilter
16th November 2004, 09:01 PM
XYZ

Sandeep
16th November 2004, 09:25 PM
My greatest sacrifice for love?!!

Well, I married her... :D

My greatest is I loved her :lol:

My greatest sacrifice was I dumped her. Had I not she would have had to suffer me. :lol:

Bdolf Hilter
16th November 2004, 09:37 PM
XYZ

Gayathri
17th November 2004, 05:19 PM

Oh my god, veena you need some serious help!

Dr. Veena
17th November 2004, 09:55 PM
I'm sorry I wrote a lot of rubbish. I can never get myself to do it. I love life too much for that but at times, when things are not working the way I want, I get a little depressed. I'm sorry I have upset a lot of ppl on the board.
Sorry !!!!!!!!
And thanks a tone for your love & support.

Your Veena

Bdolf Hilter
17th November 2004, 10:31 PM
Hey Dr. Veena,

ok, now you can have your dr. back. :)

Dr. Veena
18th November 2004, 12:52 AM
:) Lol!!!!!!!!

NM
18th November 2004, 02:13 PM
I gave up 13 years of my "life" for the love of my family.......Now, am glad I did that as I am seeing the fruit of my sacrifice.....
And now, I have my life back...older but satisfied........

Bdolf Hilter
18th November 2004, 03:42 PM
Hi folks,

I just wanna say good bye.

Why?

Goto ulagam enpathu thread.

blahblah
19th November 2004, 11:04 AM
NM,You have a great attitude! 8) God bless you!

Dr. Veena
19th November 2004, 01:52 PM
Where are you going, Bdolf Hitler?

mathi_kumar2000
19th November 2004, 05:42 PM
I sacrificed my love for my lover.

Shekhar
22nd November 2004, 04:48 PM
mathi kumar,

You should have sacrificed your lover for your love!! :)

a.ratchasi
25th November 2004, 09:17 AM
Dr. Veena, you seem to be pleasing everyone around you quite agressively.
Inadvertently, you are are trapped in your own web of deceit.
Start saying no!
Start to speak up.

Perhaps ppl around you has taken control over your life 'bcos you signalled them to do so?

Think about it...

blahblah
25th November 2004, 10:26 AM
a.ratchasi,how observing of you! :lol: You are really a rakshasi :evil: :twisted: .

davie
25th November 2004, 01:44 PM
ratchasi i wish ur sweet like dat cartoon buddy

a.ratchasi
25th November 2004, 02:40 PM
davie dear..am I not sweet now? :cry:

Ram Cheata
25th November 2004, 07:05 PM
Hi, me 2 a new b

How do I look?

Surya
25th November 2004, 11:43 PM
Ghetto! :lol:

Interesting signature! 8)

Ram Cheata
26th November 2004, 06:31 PM
Ghetto! :lol:

Interesting signature! 8)

ThanX Surya.

You have a nice attractive body too.

Ram Cheata
26th November 2004, 07:21 PM
Surya,

which signature do you like the most, the first one or the last? There are two!

nirosha sen
26th November 2004, 07:32 PM
Keep it cool Ram!!! We don't want to bandy our newfound id and have it uhm....banned perhaps?????

Headmaster watches Babe! ..........BEWARE!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Alisha
27th November 2004, 10:05 AM

Dr. Veena,

We live in a earthly world whereby God did not intend to have us to live in misery.

If you are waiting for a miracle to happen in life to change your situation, I am more than happy but you must realise that you are in control of your life and nobody is.

God loves each and everyone of us and at times GOD works through people, if you are not comfortable to share what you are currently going thru, you may write to me in private.

I am sure, god has something greater than what you can imagine planned out for you. Sucide is only a thought put to you by the enemy to probhit you to achieve the greatness that god has planned for you.

Querida
27th November 2004, 10:31 AM
Hi, me 2 a new b

How do I look?

look like a rasta enjoying a spliff and a free ticket to zion...love bob marley as well?

xlntbarani
29th November 2004, 01:08 AM
the greatest thing done for love....

em....

is there anything greatest than LOVE...

hope so nothing is there...

so, still loving...

Querida
29th November 2004, 10:58 AM
all i can manage to say is awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D

Akash
7th December 2004, 08:59 PM
I dunno if its great one... any way... let me.. Once me and my gf got BIG fight in the phone for nothing, as usual. She kept banging the phone. So i thought of giving a pause. I started dialing her after 10 Min. she have'nt picked it for long time. I gave her 34 Missed calls. Then i dunno what to do, i was very nervous, i dunno what to do? it was around 2PM, i just drove my bike to her house and was about to knock the door.

I have'nt planned on any reason that i should give to her DAD.. A big idea hit in my mind to avoid knocking the door n answering to her DAD.. I dialed her to ask if she could come out. She picked the phone and said in sleepy voice "Sweety, i think i slept in half the way of fight... how do you feel now?",

Then i realised i came here all the way in un-time as she have'nt picked the phone and how Intelligent am i to call her now by trusting that she will pick the phone n will open the door for me!!

I WAS DARE n FOOLISH, that's the greatest think i have done for my love..

sonu gopi
10th December 2004, 10:55 AM
I'm an over-protected only child. My father controls me too much. I can't go out alone in an Auto or Bus. My mother is sick. Neurotic. She will not do any work. Dad is working abroad. It's like he stays there for 3 months and then he's here for the next 5 months and goes again so that his visa does not expire.

I'm tired of being my mom's home nurse. I need to live my youthful years. I want to go abroad or at least outside Kerala, where I live but I can't. I'm feeling TRAPPED. I hate my bitchy, over-interfering relatives. I want to GET OUT. I'm so desparate. All I'm asking is for a little freedom. My gfather decides everything including what I must eat. How would you feel if you were in my place?

I feel at ease when he's not here. Becoz that's when I go gallivanting everywhere!

If you are not careful Veena, you might end up like your mother - neurotic. Think of ppl worst off then you. I thought you were married and wanted your hubby to learn driving and dream of going overseas as well. You are a professional and I think you are quite young youself - why the hurry Veena? For many the grass is always greener on the other side! :shock:

Your mother needs you. Employ a maid to help you look after her. You sound very selfish and as an only child I think you are a spoilt brat. Imagine an educated girl like you toying with the idea of suicide! :shock:

Look around you and see how others are suffering. Your father goes abroad to find the money to support your family - how do you think you have gone through your medical school? You have all the conveniences yet you seem to be unsatisfied. You find fault with your dad, mom, husband and your relatives - what about you Veena? Do you think you have no faults of your own?? :shock:

Your profession calls for helping the sick - suprisingly you can't seem to do even this for your mother! :evil:

SONU GOPI :x

Alisha
10th December 2004, 11:22 AM

Dr. Veena,

We live in a earthly world whereby God did not intend to have us to live in misery.

If you are waiting for a miracle to happen in life to change your situation, I am more than happy but you must realise that you are in control of your life and nobody is.

God loves each and everyone of us and at times GOD works through people, if you are not comfortable to share what you are currently going thru, you may write to me in private.

I am sure, god has something greater than what you can imagine planned out for you. Sucide is only a thought put to you by the enemy to probhit you to achieve the greatness that god has planned for you.

Dr Veena,

I sense that you are not honest and open with your problems to those like Sonu Gopi who like to help you.

You are a doctor by profession as such you should know that a patient who does not describe what's wrong with them cannot get the correct treatment.

I am too the only child and I carry responsiblities towards my parents even after marriage with three kids, that's LOVE dear.

Cindy
10th December 2004, 06:26 PM
Sonuchechi, Alisha

Veena once was complaining about her husband who dint care for her and that she was feeling desparate.... and that she felt irritated that her husband dint know driving .... and there me, Premi, blahblah, Nirosha and many others felt for her and posted few lines for her...

Now she says she stays with her sick mother and consider that as "TRAP".... and only other relatives and grandfather... no husband in the picture...

etho meen vasam varuthille?

Veena, Read the story of Li-Li posted by NOV in this hub

http://www.forumhub.lunarpages.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=559&start=30

Love,

Cindy.

Sandeep
10th December 2004, 06:29 PM
:(

Bad Boy
10th December 2004, 11:29 PM
The greatest thing for love?

look at Akash. He is running away from his love. Or is he running into?

Don't take Dr.Veena so serious! She wnted to commit suicide because she fell in love with her cousin sister or something like that. Can you please update us Dr. Veena once again?

blahblah
11th December 2004, 12:20 PM
[quote="Cindy"]Sonuchechi, Alisha
Veena once was complaining about her husband who dint care for her and that she was feeling desparate.... and that she felt irritated that her husband dint know driving .... and there me, Premi, blahblah, Nirosha and many others felt for her and posted few lines for her...
Now she says she stays with her sick mother and consider that as "TRAP".... and only other relatives and grandfather... no husband in the picture...
etho meen vasam varuthille?/quote]

Veena,it would be very kind of you if come out with some clean facts atleast now.Youve got some of us already,including me :oops: .I get a feeling of having s**t in my pants by extending you a shoulder to cry on . :lol: :lol:

Cyril
11th December 2004, 02:19 PM
if u c anybody's life.....

A Mom gifting a new life(child) to their present two lives( herself and her hubby) ..

thats wat flashing in my mind...at the moment...

in history many r there.......which have given a great attention..and those which have gone unnoticed by many!!!

Ghlli
16th December 2004, 06:35 AM
Letting the jigidi go!

Wait...the greatest thing in love done for me.....or.....

Surya
16th December 2004, 07:13 AM
:lol: