PDA

View Full Version : Tricky questions /riddles

Oldposts
26th October 2004, 03:08 PM
Topic started by Miss Lanka (@ hse-kingston-ppp193984.sympatico.ca) on Fri Aug 2 18:10:46 .

there's a room with no windows, it has a roof and a door. this door is locked frm the inside and the key is still inside the lock. inside this room there is a man hanging dead from a noose attached to the ceiling. there are no large pieces of furniture and nothing which wud hav given the dead man height 2 reach the noose to hang himself. there r 4 walls, no windows rememba, there is a ceiling and a lage puddle of water underneath the dead man.

the question is how did the man hand himslf????

<hr>
similar topics:

The Puzzle Corner (SRK) (http://www.forumhub.com/expr/26179.12.29.45.html)

Lateral Thinking Puzzles (Hyderabadi) (http://www.forumhub.com/expr/21096.00.17.40.html)<hr>

Oldposts
ice ice baby.. ice ice baby...

Oldposts
He probably just sat on the floor and took himself in his hand.

Oldposts
got a block of ice..stood on it .. hanged himself.. ice melts and forms a puddle..

Oldposts
Yes, I think it is the ice, Is it right?

Oldposts
What gets wetter the more it dries?

Oldposts
towel

Oldposts
Yes towel

This one is a typical one of those corny jokes.

Q: how do you shoot a blue Elephant?
A: with a blue elephant gun.

Q: how do you shoot a pink elephant?

Oldposts
Right, ur never gonna get this but anyhow.

A guy goes on a search to find Adam and Eve's remains to prove the creation story.
He travels to the North pole and their finds the body of a man and woman frozen in the ice. He is convinced that they are Adam and Eve. Why?

N.B. The frozen man and woman r naked.

Have a nice day!:)

Oldposts
Re:adam and eve

BECAUSE THE BODY DIDN'T HAVE BELLY BUTTONS...

Oldposts
Sad, cause Eve couldn't have got a navel piercing if she wanted to.

Oldposts
Miss Lanka said,

BECAUSE THE BODY DIDN'T HAVE BELLY BUTTONS...

Wrong..

She had a belly button, for sure. Not only a belly button, but also a ring on her belly button.

Not only a ring in her belly button, but also a tatoo on her neck that said
'I am after all a rib from the damned Adam. I am too much of a female chauvnist to take that kind of c-r-a-p. Gag me with a spoon and choke me to death'

And there she was, frozen in the polar ice-caps!!!

Oldposts
Probably most of you all knew this..

This short quiz consists of 4 questions and tells whether you r qualified to be called 'professional'.The questions are not that difficult so try ur best.

Q num 1
How do u put a giraffe into a fridge?

answer : Open the fridge,put in the giraffe and close the door.
This question tests whether u tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way and do a difficult thing in a simple way.

Q num 2
How do u put an elephant into the fridge?

Answer : Open the fridge, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door.
This tests ur ability to think through the repercussions of ur actions.

Q num 3
The Lion King is hosting an animal conference(lets say,lah). All the animals attend except one.Which animal does not attend?

Answer : The Elephant b'cos it is in the fridge,remember?
This Tests ur memory.

Ok, even if u did not answer the first 3 questions correcly,give urself one more chance.

Q num 4
There is a river you must cross in the jungle.But crocodiles inhabit it.How do you manage, I mean cross it?

Answer : You just swim or walk across.Why? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Conference,right?
This tests whether you learn quickly from ur mistakes.

Oldposts
shyamal=> why are heck are u giving us the answer??

Madurai ;==> Idiot get the heck outta here!!!!!!!!!!!

Oldposts
Shyamlal,

watch out, fridge is reading all this..
You might be the one ending up in the freezer..

Oldposts
Miss Lanka says,

Madurai ;==> Idiot get the heck outta here!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Lanks seems to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Very touchy today? Eh, Missy?

Oldposts
What goes around the world and stays in a corner?

Oldposts
1. Suresh : How many sides does a circle have?
Ramesh : A circle does not have any side.
THis is wrong answer can any one tell the wright answer ??

Knock, Knock, Knock !!!! . Who is that knocking?
Opportunity.
Can't be.
Why Not?
because ................ ( fill in the blank)

-----------------

Oldposts
Fridge;
A mail.... It's just a guess

Iya your question are kinda hard
2. I guess the answer would be "the door is open" or "I let the door open"

Oldposts
iya,

1. Circle if its not 3 dimensional can have
2 sides...

BACK AND FRONT

2. Because opportunity knocks only twice...

(Not 3 knocks)

Oldposts
Iya,
2 sides, inside and outside?

Oldposts
IYA,

'cause Opportunity doesn't come knocking!!

shyamal,

Y'r posting was great!!!

Oldposts
Miss Shri Lanka
Why am i giving the answers?
I think you couldn't understand the concept of the quiz.Actually u must have the earlier answer to be asked the next question.And i can't give the answers partly b'cos the questions had to asked continuously.Okay lah, just try to answer all the questions without having the earlier correct answers.You will end up confusing,right?!!!

Ramakrishna
I know Fridge wouldn't mind with it cos she has a beautiful,pure,white,sincere,pretty(hmm..what else?),strong,kind heart!

Shekhar
10 Q

Oldposts
And anoder one...

MANY years ago there lived a king named King Macbeth.He had a brilliant and intelligent servant called Brutus.One day Brutus was wrongly convicted for a theft.He was sentenced to death but before that the king gave him a choice.

"Look Brutus, i'll give you a dog.You must kill the dog and i'll order to kill you the way you killed the dog.Lets say if you kill the dog with poison , you will be killed with the poison too!"

At last Brutus killed the dog.But surprisingly the king couldn't order him to death and Brutus was released.

My question is...What Brutus did with the dog that made the king free him???

Oldposts
also...the names Brutus and Macbeth are nothing to do with Shakespear's Macbeth.Don't be confused.

Oldposts
Gave it chocolate? Chocolate is poisonous to dogs, you know.

Oldposts
nope, ram. If Brutus gave the dog choc to kill it, then the king would have killed Brutus with the choc too.

Oldposts
May be injected the poison thro the TAIL of the dog?

Oldposts
Yes Shakti...you're very close to the answer.
Actually he picked up the tail and smash the dog on the floor until it die.Brutus(so as everybody) doesn't have tail so the king can't do anything.

Oldposts
What do you call someone who is laying speadeagled
in the middle of a desert?

Oldposts
Shyamal
"I know Fridge wouldn't mind with it cos she has a beautiful,pure,white,sincere,pretty(hmm..what else?),strong,kind heart!

Oh thank you thank, so much, You bring tears to my eyes. You are very nice person, your family should be so proud.

Miss lanka
A stamp on the mail.

Which is faster Hot or Cold?

Oldposts
Heat is faster. This is scientifically proven as when temparature rises, when one is heating water, the range of the temparature rise cannot be established by conventional methods and needs a special and specific decoder contributing to the immense confusion in the sudden changes in the heat evaporation caused by the sudden increase in the temparature in the surrounding areas and the variance between the vicinity of the heated area and that of its surrounding further contributes to the difficulty in establishing the quick rise in the temparature of the water mentioned earlier.
Besides, you can catch cold but not heat.

Oldposts
Based on the above principle, since cold is slower, does it mean that fridge is easily available? Hehehehehe.

Oldposts
Fridge,
"Oh thank you thank, so much, You bring tears to my eyes. You are very nice person, your family should be so proud."

hehehe..hmm..hahaha..hshhhs...Oh God! I'm speechless.

Oldposts
Thoparudaa, innoruthen line poduraan!

Oldposts
Dr O podu

Thank you for the physics lesson, yes hot is faster cos you can catch a cold.

I am not easily available because i am so frozen i do not move at all, except when skanthavelu makes me run down the street in the jokes thread.

Kallukadai kashtamar
When I you opening a tamil folk songs section?

Oldposts
This one is easy

It has keys that open no doors, space but no room and you can enter but cannot go in?

Oldposts
what is it, above riddle?

Oldposts
Your riddle sounds like some thing 50% of the world's population has, but it is too unparliamentary for me to mention here and so I shall leave the wandering minds to wonder. It is also fascinating what the mind can think when given a small dosage of something which was not even ambiguous in the beginning, but which the mind explores trying to find something sisnister in it, and yelps with joy when it can ssociate with something basic to human instincts. But then I digress.

Could it be my computer keyboard or even a typewriter that Fridge's grandparents with anklets used ages ago when back in old India?

Oldposts
Beware of Skanthavelu, he who wants to spreadeagle someone in the middle of the desert.

Oldposts
O-Podu

Mhhh I find there is a familiar tune in your writing. I think i know you oh wise one.

Yes it is a keyboard.

I still have no idea where about in India the Man with Anklets came from.

Oldposts
LOL Fridge.
Now into investigations? :)

Oldposts
LOL!
Oh O-Podu! You best watch what you post! You do not realize that I, along with a zillion other people world wide, am reading what is posted in these threads. Also, Amma is reading them too! :)

Also, a person laying spreadeagled in the middle of a desert is called a parachuter who jumped out of the plane at the wrong time! Jai Karunamayi!

Oldposts
1) Cho Ramswamy is determined to get Veerappan he start driving to Sathya Manglam forest but his car breaks down in tha mid-way. He call it bad "sagunam" and cancel the mission. He try to walk back on foot. In a while he urgently needed water. He goes in to the first bar he sees and asks for a water. The bartended pull out gun and points at Cho, then put's it back. Cho thanks the bartender and leave. Why did Cho thanked him and why did the bartender pull the gun? (the bartender doesn't know Cho , never heard of him.)

2) You have Cho, a poodle, and a bundle of spinach. You have to transport them across the river. You've three boats with diff capacity, one for cho, onc for poodle, and one for spinach and each boat is good enough for one two-way trip ONlY! If you let alone, the poodle will eat cho, or the cho will eat the spinach. So how do your get them across?

Oldposts
the answer for the second one is easy..

take the spinach in your head , cho in your right hand and poodle on the left and walk down the river ..

he ..he.. the river has no water in it..

Oldposts
In the first one, the bartender has no glass or cup and serves water to Cho in a water gun.

1. Take cho and leave him on the other side of the river and return.
2. Come back, pick up spinach and send it to the other side. Bring back cho to this side.
3. Leave cho & take poodle to the other side and return.
4. Now take back cho and continue with your journey.

Oldposts
Arudka

Question one.
I think you mean that water gun type thingy that they have in Bar's like in the movie "coyote Ugly" it is like a little fire hose spraying water.

Question two
i will go with corny's answer.

Oldposts
Decide the fate of the murderer!

A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms.

The first is full of raging fires.
The second is full of assassins with loaded guns
The third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years.

Which room do you think is safest for him? And tell the reason.

Oldposts
Do you think your English is good?
Take this "easy" test and find out!

A research team proceeded towards the apex of a natural geologic protuberance, the purpose of their expedition being the procurement of a sample of fluid hydride of oxygen in a large vessel, the exact size of which was unspecified. One member of the team precipitously descended, sustaining severe damage to the upper cranial portion of his anatomical structure; subsequently the second member of the team performed a self rotational translation oriented in the same direction taken by the first team member.

In simple English what does this translate to?

Oldposts
Corny

English translation.

jack and jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water, jack fell down and broke his crown and jill came tumbling after.

Am I right?

Oldposts
Corny, the answer for your first question about the murderer: he would take the room with the lions because they all would have died after 3 years of fasting!

Oldposts
Fridge,
That actually sounds right!

Oldposts
Miss Lanka,
the man has been killed by making him stand on a huge ice bar. When ice melts he is dead and the water is because of that. Right!!

Oldposts
Kumar--->correct

Oldposts
re: cho Ramsamy
I think cho wanted water to stop hiccup.
Bartender stopped choz hiccup by pulling out a gun.

Oldposts
ok here is another one-

there are 3 switches outside a room. One of them controls a light bulb in the room. There is no way to tell from outside if the bulb is glowing (assume the door is initially closed). A prisoner is given the choice of finding out which switch controls the bulb in order to be set free. He is allowed to play with the switches and then taken to the room adnd be locked there. If he gives the correct answer he gains freedom. Otherwise he remains locked in there for good. How can the prisoner give the right answer?

Oldposts
he swithes one on for about 2 minustes then switches it off. Then the turns the other switch on then goes into the room, if the bulb lit then the second switch was it. if not then if the bulb is hot the first one is the switch. if the bulb is cold the third one is the one.

Oldposts
Miss Lanka, You're right!

About getting Cho across, get Cho First and put on a tree, then the poodle which can't climb the tree, then the spinach!:))

Oldposts
Ashok,

thats right!

regarding cho puzzle how can any poodle eat Cho ramaswamy? That must be one mutant poodle!

Oldposts
How can a poodle eat cho?
Poodle= dog

Oldposts
1. A woman shoots her husband.Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both
go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

2. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any
dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

5. This is an unusual paragraph.
I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it,
and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any
coaching!

Oldposts
1. She shoots him with a camera, puts the negative in water (!) for five minutes and once the pic is done, hangs it on the wall.

Oldposts
2. Use our "fridge" hehe. Freeze the water. :)

Oldposts
3. Tea leaves?

Oldposts
4. Can.
Yesterday, today and tommorow.
hehehe.

Oldposts
5. Yes, it is unusual. Although the letter "e" is the most used letter in the alphabet, that letter is missing from your paragraph.

Oldposts
Sorry about no. 3
It should be charcoal........black coal, red embers and gray ashes.

Oldposts
Now my turn.........

What is it that you buy but don't use yourself; but when you use it personally, it is not what you have bought.....and no, it is not a present.

Oldposts
the third one is NEWS PAPER

Iya

Oldposts
What is it that you buy but don't use yourself; but when you use it personally, it is not what you have bought.....and no, it is not a present.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Is it money $$$$$?

Oldposts
Sorry Shakthi, incorrect.
Let me rephrase it.......

What is this thing that when you buy it, you won't use it and when you use it, you wouldn't have bought it.

Oldposts
Fridge,
Please ignore Sherlock Holmes' reference to you.
Your Karunamayi devotee friend, Skanthavelu
Jai Karunamayi!

Oldposts
Hyderabadi
4.testerday,today and tomorrow.

Oldposts
sorry it is yesterday today and tomorrow

Oldposts
why not?
4th day, 5th day, 6th day?

Oldposts
Sherlock Holmes,
It's a coffin.
Anyway, I am planning to buy my own according to my taste pretty soon.ooo...

Oldposts
How morbid!

1. If you have it, you want to share it. If you share it, you don't have it. What is it?

2. The more you have of it, the less you see. What is it?

3. What book was once owned by only the wealthy, but now everyone can have it? You can't buy it in a bookstore or take it from a library.

4. What gets whiter the dirtier that it gets?

5. What happened in the middle of the twentieth century that will not happen again for 4,000 years?

6. What has no beginning, end, or middle?

7. What has to be broken before it can be used?

8. What does no man want, yet no man wants to lose?

9. How many bricks does it take to complete a building made of brick?

10. Big as a biscuit, deep as a cup, even a river can't fill it up. What is it?

Oldposts
Answer to number 6: a circle!

Oldposts
Fridge,
>>>skanthavelu makes me run down the street in the jokes thread<<<

HA HA HA HA! Very funny! :))

I love Forum Hub!

Oldposts
1.Worry
4.Blackboard

Oldposts
1. Secret

8. To work

9. One - the last brick

10. Strainer

Oldposts
Between Shakthi & Gunther, they have solved five. A circle has a centre. so try No. 6 again.

2. The more you have of it, the less you see. What is it?

3. What book was once owned by only the wealthy, but now everyone can have it? You can't buy it in a bookstore or take it from a library.

5. What happened in the middle of the twentieth century that will not happen again for 4,000 years?

6. What has no beginning, end, or middle?

7. What has to be broken before it can be used?

Oldposts
7. A Coconut???

Oldposts
2 Cateract :-)

Nice riddles

Oldposts
3: Intelligence!
6: Eternity!

Oldposts
Both Sush & Fridge are correct although those are not the answers I expected. Skanthavelu!!
OK, I shall wind up this one....

2. Darkness
3. Yellow Pages
5. The year 1961 can be read upside down and that won't happen again until 6009!
6. Vadai or Donut
7. Egg

Oldposts
1. What's the greatest worldwide use of cowhide?

2. What has feet and legs, and nothing else?

3. There is a man standing over a dead body in a coffin, and another man walks in and asks, who's in the coffin. The first man replies, brothers and sisters, I have none, but this man's father is my fathers son. Who's in the coffin?

4. There are 2 guards. One tells the truth and one lies. There are also 2 doors. One leads to Heaven and the other leads to the devils playground. One guard is in front of each door. You can only ask the guards ONE question and you have to ask the same question to both guards. What you are trying to find out is which door leads to Heaven and which door leads to the devil's playground.

5. Two boxers are in a boxing match (regular boxing, not kick boxing). The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds but ends after 6 rounds, after one boxer knocks out the other boxer. Yet no man throws a punch. How is this possible?

Oldposts
2: A table??

Riddles are very hard to figure out.. But fun! :)

Oldposts
Kelvi

1. to cover cows

Oldposts
Kanthavelu 0
Fridge 1

Oldposts
2. A ruler or measuring tape?

3. coffin for himself

Oldposts
3. no, not a coffin for himself.
The man's son is in the coffin.

4.Your question should be 'if i ask the other guard, what would be his answer'?

Oldposts
K.N....

5.Women's Boxing ???

Oldposts
padichadhu....

1 Mr.X is standing behind Mr.Y and
at the same time Mr.Y is standing behind Mr X.
Hows this possible?

2.Consider a silver and a golden pot,one of them containing a treasure.

Assume that you can determine from the text prints which pot contains the treasure.
The text prints on the pots are:
The silver pot: "This pot is empty."
The golden pot: "Exactly one of these texts is true."

Q : Which pot contains the treasure?

3.Idhu konjam Kadi...

What is greater than God,
More evil than the devil?
The poor have it,
The rich need it,
And if you eat it, you die?

Oldposts
Senthil..

1. X and Y must be standing back-to-back

Oldposts
Sush, no. 3 is correct.
no. 4 should be - Ask each one "What will the other one say is the door to heaven?" They should answer the same. Go in the opposite door they say.

Senthil is also correct, leaving no. 2. for which the answer is stocking.

Oldposts
Senthil's puzzles

2. The silver pot holds the treasure

Oldposts
a. A farmer had seventeen sheep, all but nine died, how many did he have left?

b. A man builds a house with all 4 sides facing south. A bear walks past the house. What color is the bear?

c. A skin have I, more eyes than one. I can be very nice when I am done. What am I?

d. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?

e. Can a man legally marry his widow's sister in the state of California?

f. Clara Clatter was born on December 27th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?

g. He has married many women, but has never been married. Who is he?

h. How many of each animal did Moses take on the ark?

i. How much dirt is in a hole 4 feet deep and 2 feet wide?

j. I know a word of letters three, add two and fewer there will be.

Oldposts
E. A man cannot marry his anyone of his widow because, he would be dead if she wear a widow.

G. is it a priest.

H. Moses tokk none, but noah did.

D. mount everest, it was just not discovered.

A. 9

Oldposts
Excuse the poor english, I need coffee.

Oldposts
All correct Fridge.
As you said you need coffee. :)

Oldposts
F. Clara Clutter would have been born in Australia, where it is summer in Dec!!

I. there cannot be any dirt since the hole is dug by removing the dirt..

B. Bear will be the colour what it is supposed to be: black or brown...

cheers,

Oldposts
J.FEW ???

Oldposts
Friends..
Regarding other
both Sash KN are correct..
Sash...1
KN.....1

Only 3rd left....Heres another one..

4)
Mr.X wants to Share his Birthday Cake(Normal round Shaped) among all EIGHT friends.
The Condition is Only Three Cuts are allowed ?

Is it possible to divide the cake into eight equal parts from 3 tries ?
Can you help him out in his party ?

Oldposts
Cut the cake into half....one cut (two pieces)
Place the halves one on top of another and cut into half again ....2nd cut (four pieces)
Now place all four pieces one atop the other and cut into half again.....3rd cut (eight pieces)

Oldposts
The following were not answered or answered incorrectly

b. A man builds a house with all 4 sides facing south. A bear walks past the house. What color is the bear?

c. A skin have I, more eyes than one. I can be very nice when I am done. What am I?

Oldposts
Gunther You r Correct by definition.. ….But..
Actually...I missed out a condition ….Sorry

Actually the pieces shouldnot be displaced..from their positions…

4) Cutting a cake into 8 part with 3 cuts without displacing the pieces ?………..

Another kadi…

6)There was a man in an eleven story building. He jumped through the window, but did not get hurt. (Not even a scratch) Why didn't he get hurt?

5)
There are number of fuses.(strings).
Each fuse takes exactly ONE HOUR to burn.
The fuses are uneven ..it doesn’t burn uniformly ..Say first half can burn for 10 mins
..remaining would completed for 50 mins.

Assume that u have got Lighter…

Can you measure the Time interval of 45 mins ??

Oldposts
Senthil, Senthil

OK, the cake...
First cut - cut a circle halfway between the centre and circumference, to have one small round cake and another larger ring of cake.
2nd cut - cut across (top to bottom)
3rd cut - cut across (left to right)
You now have eight pieces. You didn't say the pieces must be same shape or size! I hope you are not going to put another condition. :)

11 storey building
He jumped out of the window from the ground floor of the 11 storey building. You didn't say that he was on the 11th storey! No new conditions please. :)

Fuses...
45 mins? Use your watch. :)

Color of bear...
Must be white polar bear in north pole.

Oldposts
6: He had a parachute on.

Oldposts
ok, the answer to: A skin have I, more eyes than one. I can be very nice when I am done.
is POTATO

Want more riddles?

Oldposts
Sure! :)

Oldposts
NEW BATCH - Some easy ones.

1. If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch?

2. If you were in a dark room with a candle, a woodstove, a match and a gas lamp which do you light first?

3. Is an old hundred dollar bill better than a new one?

4. No sooner spoken than broken. What is it?

5. Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days; how many have 28?

6. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?

7. Take off my skin -- I won't cry, but you will! What am I?

8. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. He has a wife and 2 kids. What does he weigh?

9. What can you catch but not throw?

10. What crime is punishable if attempted, but is not punishable if committed?

Oldposts
1. Rooter doesn't lay eggs
2. Match
3. Yep! $100 is better than $1 (but only if you are receiving, not giving) :-)
5. All
6. Size of holes
7. A)Onion b) a hissing Cobra :-)
8. Meat
9. Cold
10. Suicide

Oldposts
Cake cutting question

1st cut = Diameter
2nd cut = 4 quadrants (by disecting the diameter)
3rd cut = cut across the side of the cake (cross section). Voila! You have 8 equal pieces

Oldposts
Gunther...1
You are unconditionally correct for cake
problem as
Piece of cake... 1

Guess still FUSES problem left ???

Cheers !!!

Oldposts
Fuse problem:

Light the slow burning end and let it burn 4/5 of the way from the center. That should take 40 mins.
Now light the fast burning end and let it burn halfway from the original midpoint. That should take 5 minutes.

I think the same puzzle was posted in some other thread.

Oldposts
Hi MV..
I didnt know it was posted earler...

Anyway...i am afraid its not the answer.

you cant predict which end of fuse is slow burning or fast one...I gave that 50-10 to illustarte that All fuses are UNuniform in thinckness along the length and wont burn predictably along intervals.
Only thing one knows is that each of the fuses burns for exactly for an hour.

Oldposts
Okay..

I have a number of fuses - good. Randomize their orientation, to make sure that all slow burning ends are NOT lined up the same way. Ideally we want half of them lined up in opposite orientation.

Mark the set at 1/4th intervals.

Next light up the suckers at one end - say left - so the fire of the buring fuses advances from left to right.

One half of the set would reach the 3/4th mark in
~ 45 minutes and the other half of the set would not have reached even the half way mark.

So, wait for one half (roughly) of the set to reach the 3/4th mark.

Oldposts
Kelvi Nayagan's riddles.

**No sooner spoken than broken. What is it?
>>>> Silence.
All others answered by 'piece of cake'.

Oldposts
Good Shekar.
Also "secret"

Let Senthil wrap up his questions before I post a fresh set.

Oldposts
Kelvi

What is the original fuse question?

Oldposts
Friends,

I think i was not quite clear in describing the fuses problem..

Let me rephrase the question ...

You have got number of Strings (fuses).

*All the Strings take exactly ONE hour to burn COMPLETELY...

*The Strings are non-uniforms...ie any two portions of the sting may not behave in the same way (ie One cant say 1/4 of string corresponds to quarter of an hour)

With this knowledge and a lighter,can one measure the time interval of 45 minutes ???

KN...
You can proceed yaar...
if i see any intresting ones..wud add..

Cheers !!!

Oldposts
Easy....burn from the centre!

Oldposts
Gunther...
burning from center ? kisliyae ??? :-((

(The following is quite old one..if know already...dont mind for repeating...) :-))

Theres a Toll-Gate Bridge between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka over River Cauvery.
A person crossing the bridge has to dole out Rs.100.It takes 40 mins for a person to cross by fastest means.So,Both Govt decides to give 30 mins break for gate-keeper.The keepers go for a nap exactly at 12.00 am and are back at 12.30 am..

A Smart Tamil Guy ends up reaching the Other Gate without paying a paisa. How did he do that ?

Cheers !!!

Oldposts
senthil, pl why don't you post questions that are not mathematical? it is kind of confusing, you know....

cheers,

Oldposts
kisliyae ???

I don't know hindhi. :(

A Smart Tamil Guy ends up reaching the Other Gate without paying a paisa

Kadi answer 1 - He goes into the bridge one day and comes out the next day.
Kadi answer 2 - He doesnt pay one paisa but 100 rupees.

BTW, do TN and Karnataka share the same time zone? :)

Oldposts
Senthil

About the fuses, I suggest, take the fuse and roll it into a very round ball very very tightly, then cut it into 4 very equal parts, take one part away and burn the other 3 parts, you will have 45 minutes.
If anyone is laughing, remember it was a desperate attempt:-)

Oldposts
Hi all,

Sash..
The bridge is NOT based on mathematical...(though sounds like )..for that matter none of that I posted were.It may be confusing..coz of my Language Skills.Pl Dont mind..

Gunthers almost getting there...

Gunther...
Your name sounded me so ... kisliye ( for what) ????
Friend...
Both TN and karnataka states are most friendly neighbouring states you can get in India..(Almost Like India Vs Pak ) :-))

In India,there is only one time zone...atleast till i came from there.let me hope it stays so till i type here.You can never trust our Politicians..Can we ??? :-)

Regarding fuses problem...

Fridge,
That was a honest attempt yaar !!!

If you want..the Clues are
Clue 1 : First Let us try for 30 minutes...
Clue 11 : It needs Two fuses to solve for 45 mins.

Cheers !!!

Oldposts
What is the answer for ..

4. No sooner spoken than broken. What is it?

Oldposts
Silence....Secret

Oldposts
Hi all...

The Solutions are ...

1.Toll-Bridge :

The Smart Tamil guy sets off from the Tamil Nadu End exactly from 12.00 am and after travelling
for about 25 mins and HE TURNS BACK and walks towards TN end.
At 12.30 am,the dumb KN gate keeper wakes up and makes him RETURN to his karnataka end.
The Guy manages to reaches the other end without paying a paisa.

( I know this is Kadi...
If u were looking for serious Aans..
kaduppu ayi muraikatatheenga :-)) )

2.Fuses Problem...

i) 30 mins :
Take any String(fuse).
Light the fuse from BOTH ENDS of the string.So,when you burn out the fuse,you have measured 30 mins exactly.

Wow..Fridays are really Great !!

Have Fun !!!

Cheers!!!

Oldposts
hi
fuse problem:
take one fuse.... light both ends........ at the same time light one end of the other fuse.... when the first fuse burns out, burn the other end of the second fuse.... the second fuse will burn out in exactly 45 minutes......

Oldposts
Senthil, that was super kadi!!!!now let us get out of the fuse problem..can someone post more riddles?

Oldposts
Riddle: A skin have I, more eyes than one. I can be very nice when I am done.

I think it is KISSING. There are two "i"s in it and a skin too. Sure it is nice when it is done!!!

Oldposts
Friends,let's try this scrambled word game...

Unscramble these Jumbles to form ordinary words, ok vaa?

1. YATUBE -
2. GREATT -
3. UNTRAB -
4. BRITBA -
5. HEWEZE -
6. JELIGG -

Oldposts
1. BEAUTY

Oldposts
6. JIGLLE

Oldposts
5.WHEEZE

Oldposts
4. RABBIT

Oldposts
2. TARGET

Oldposts
3. TURBAN

Oldposts
1. What do the numbers 11, 69, and 88 all have in common?

2. What do you serve that you can't eat?

3. What do you throw out when you want to use it, but take in when you don't want to use it?

4. What one word has the most letters in it?

5. What starts with a T, ends with a T, and has T in it?

6. What two words contain the most letters?

7. What's the difference between here and there?

8. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white," or "The yolk of the egg is white?"

9. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I?

10. You can't keep this until you have given it.

Oldposts
Gunther,of course,all correct!!

Oldposts
8. The yolk of the egg is yellow
5. Teapot
7. t

Oldposts
1.Reverse all noz...they still stand same
11, 88, 69

2.plates
9.Telephone

Oldposts
hey noone told me whether my answer to the fuse problem is rite or not...........

Oldposts
I almost forgot....

1. What do the numbers 11, 69, and 88 all have in common?
Ans: They can all be flipped and still be the same.

2. What do you serve that you can't eat?
Ans: A tennis ball or guests.

3. What do you throw out when you want to use it, but take in when you don't want to use it?
A fishing line.

4. What one word has the most letters in it?
Alphabet.

5. What starts with a T, ends with a T, and has T in it? ANSWERED

6. What two words contain the most letters?
post office :)

7. What's the difference between here and there?
ANSWERED

8. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white," or "The yolk of the egg is white?"
ANSWERED

9. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I?
ANSWERED

10. You can't keep this until you have given it.
Your word.

Want more?

Oldposts
Kelvi Nice, post more

Oldposts
hanzel...
That's Perfect answer for fuses !!!
Any1 cant have any reservations... :-))

Oldposts
hanzel...
That's Perfect answer for fuses !!!
Any1 cant have any reservations... :-))

Oldposts
If u say my name I wont be there anymore.
What is my name?

Oldposts
Guy smiley

A. Silence

Oldposts
Three women were walking out from a store, each holding an ice-cream with both of their hands.
The first one was licking her ice-cream,the second one was sucking her ice-cream and the third one was biting the ice-cream.

From the three of them,who do you think is married?

Oldposts
The one with a wedding ring on her fingers..

I like the way you thought...

Oldposts
Dear Hyderabadi @ 203.197.83.46

The catch of the joke is to let others give a piece of their mind.

Later you could have told them whether you like their thoughts or not :)

Oldposts
Two men are in a desert. They both have packs on. One of the guys is dead. The guy who is alive has his pack open, the guy who is dead has his pack closed. What is in the pack?

Oldposts
Parachutes

Oldposts
"From the three of them,who do you think is married?"

I think the gal biting her ice-cream is married..
She is imagining the ice-cream as her man's thing and biting it off..
LOL..she must've really hate her hubby!!!LOL

Oldposts
Dear Sweetlankie,

I really like the way you think.I never thought of that possibility,but its funny.HahaHehe.

Any more from others?

Oldposts
HOw did the man hang himself....he stood on a big ICE cube...n while the ice cube was melting away...he slowly hung himself

Oldposts
The maker doesn't want it, the buyer doesn't use it, and the user doesn't see it. what is it?

Oldposts
Coffin

Oldposts
He stood on a block of ice, tied the noose around his neck, waited for the ice to melt and thereby hung himself.

Oldposts
Your question creeps me out please don't do another one like it.

Oldposts
Try solving this puzzle. But try only once

ONE DAY, THERE WERE THREE BLOKES WHO LIVED TOGETHER IN A FLAT. THEY DECIDED THAT BECAUSE THEY WERE SO BORED, THEY SHALL GO OUT AND BUY A TV, BUT THEY ONLY HAD $10 EACH SO THEY DECIDED TO GET ONE SECOND-HAND.

SO THEY ALL GO DOWN TO THE NEAREST SECOND-HAND STORE AND THEY SEEN IN A WINDOW, A TV FOR ONLY $30. THEY WALK IN AND TELL THE SALESPERSON THEY WANT THE TV. THEY ALL GIVE IN THEIR $10 EACH AND PURCHASE THE TV.

AS THE THREE BLOKES WALK HOME, THE MANAGER TELLS THE SALESPERSON THAT THE TV WAS ON A SPECIAL PRICE FOR $25. THE SALESPERSON GRABS 5 $1 COINS AND GOES AFTER THEM TO GIVE THEM THEIR CHANGE.

KNOWING THE GUYS PAID THIRDS EACH, THE SALESPERSON REALISED HE COULD NOT GIVE THEM THE CHANGE EQUALLY, SO HE DECIDES TO KEEP $2 FOR HIMSELF AND GIVES $1 EACH BACK TO THE THREE GUYS.

SO, GIVEN $1 EACH BACK, IT BRINGS THE THREE BLOKES TO A TOTAL OF $9 EACH, WHICH TOTALS TO $27 TOGETHER, PLUS $2 OF THE SALESPERSON'S TOTALS TO $29, WHERE IS THE OTHER DOLLAR?

Oldposts
Puppy,
since the three got back one dollar each, we should total only for 27 and not 30.
Huuuuuuuu A good teaser though

Oldposts
Please don't use capital letters.

The arithmetic is wrong.
It should be $25 (cost of tv) + $3 (returned amt) + $2 (kept amt) = $30.

To understand why the arithmetic is wrong, exagerate the figures a little.
Say the amount paid was $30 and the cost was only $10. $20 should be returned right? Salesman keeps $5 and returns $15.
So each man paid $5.
$5 x 3 + $5(salesman) = $20. Missing is now $10.

I hope you know why this arithmetic is wrong.

Oldposts
i cane here to dawg on all u gay faggots
have a nice day!!

Oldposts
i came to dawg on all u faggots
have a nice day!!:)

Oldposts
i know the answer it was freeaing outside so the water forxe and the guy used the ice to create like a stair thing and climbed up it and hung himself

Oldposts
the man who hung himself stood on alrge block of ice...and it melted....

Oldposts
key word in this riddle is roof. He went on the roof tied the rope to the noose, put the rope around his head and and he jumped and hung himself. That is why there is a puddle under the man because it probably rained either while he hung himself or after he hung himself

Oldposts
key word in this riddle is roof. He went on the roof tied the rope to the noose, put the rope around his head and and he jumped and hung himself. That is why there is a puddle under the man because it probably rained either while he hung himself or after he hung himself.

Oldposts
there was a man who had a dog a chicken and one sack of corn. he didnt want the dog to eat the chicken or the chicken to eay the corns. he had to cross a river riding his small boat. he can only take one animal at a time icluding the corns, or his boat will capzide. how did he manage to get them through the river and back wihtout taking all three things.

Hint: he took him 4 times forward and 3 times back.

Answer: he first took the chicken to the other side. then he came back for the dog and the corns (dog doesnt eat corns). he took the dog to the other side where the chicken was and took the chicken back to the corns leaving the dog. then he took the corns to the side of the dog and leaved the chicken. then the came back and got the chicken.

Oldposts
AND THE BEST ANSWER AWARD GOES TO :
the auzzie.. that stair thing of ice was quite interesting.... ha ha..
more interesting answers please.. it makes good reading ;))

Oldposts
If you knew a pregnat lady who had some kids already 3 deaf 2 blind 1 mentally retarted and she was very sick would you recommend an abortion?

Think a little bit.

If you said yes then you are mean you just killed Betoveen-he was the baby!

Oldposts
Erin your joke is cool where did you get it from? I would like to see more of your puzzles!

Oldposts
Arnold Schwarzenegger's is big, michael J. Fox's is small and Madonna don't have one. What is it?

Oldposts
Their surnames!

Oldposts
Mary's parents ave 4 children North,South,East, what was the 4th child called?

Oldposts
4th child is mary

Oldposts
these r strange... :-)

Oldposts
daaa...you all are dumb if you believe the stupid 30$ riddle...the man grabbed 5$ out of the cash register to give it back kept 2 for his self and gave back 3...aaaa....25+3+2=30$!!!!
you all are so dumb!!

Oldposts
Billie, you are an idiot. That is not even how to solve the riddle. You are the dumb one. Faggot.

Oldposts
MS. Lanka, please give us the answer to ur riddle.

Oldposts
There is a Red house, a White house, and a Blue house. Wheres the white house?

Oldposts
Every day for work this man walks down from the 10th floor of his apartments to his car to go to work. When he returns home the always takes the elevator up to the 6th floor and then gets off there and walks the rest of the way up to his apartment. Why is this?

Oldposts
the man is a midget and he cant reach the 10th floor button....

Oldposts
UGH TELL ME THE ANSWER PLEASE

Oldposts
what is leeana wanting to know

Oldposts
alex,

That post was in the month march, I guess she wuold have found answer herself BY NOW.

:))
<a name="last"></a>

Surya
17th November 2004, 09:25 AM
You're running in a race, you overtake the last person, what position are you in now?
8)

You overtake the 2nd person in the Race. What Position are you in now?
8)

Querida
17th November 2004, 09:34 AM
why is a raven like a writing desk?

subaan
17th November 2004, 12:40 PM
You're running in a race, you overtake the last person, what position are you in now?
8)

8)

1) Last but one
2) second position
With regards
subaan

Surya
19th November 2004, 01:43 AM
8)

8)

1) Last but one
2) second position
With regards
subaan

The First one was wrong. If your overtaking the LAST person in the race, then you're not in the Race! :lol:
The second one was right though! :D
8)

Reena
19th November 2004, 09:00 AM
That first one's very tricky. :lol:

Surya
21st December 2004, 04:02 AM
How do you put an elephant inside a freezer?

chevy
9th September 2007, 01:00 PM
How do you put an elephant inside a freezer? give him shrinking pills and keep a plantain inside the freezer so he'll walk in???

crazy
9th September 2007, 02:13 PM
kadava thirandhu ulla aanaiyai vaikiradhu :lol:

madhu
9th September 2007, 02:16 PM
ele phant -> mouse pOttukkara pant.. adhai edhukku freezer-la vaikkaNum ? :confused2:

crazy
9th September 2007, 02:17 PM
ele phant -> mouse pOttukkara pant.. adhai edhukku freezer-la vaikkaNum ? :confused2:

ayyo anna :rotfl2:

dev
10th September 2007, 08:21 AM

:lol: pesaama neenga viveku poatiyay nadikka pogalaam!!!...