PDA

View Full Version : New albums of Harris Jeyaraj

Pages : [1] 2 3

Music4Ever
27th June 2005, 09:07 PM
Why is there no separate discussion on the new albums of Harris? I believe he has earned enough recognition to merit that! Anniyan and Ullam kEtkumE are presently rocking. Soon VEttaiyAdu velayAdu will satisfy his fans in particular and music lovers in general. Are there any other forthcoming HJ albums. Let's discuss without bringing in ARR! Peace.

m_23_bayarea
27th June 2005, 11:40 PM
[tscii:4d3712eda2]http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/15403.html

Harris Jeyaraj on song
IndiaGlitz
Monday, June 27, 2005

Harris Jeyaraj has emerged as the most busy music director in Kollywood today with many offers under his belt.

Though Harris has composed tunes for many movies earlier, his songs in the magnum opus Anniyan for which he joined hands with director Shankar, has taken him to greater heights.

Today he is busy scoring music for movies including Totti Jaya starring Silambarasan, Kamal Haasan’s Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu and Surya starrer Ghajini.

A modest Harris Jeyaraj, says "all credit should go to director Shankar. He got the best out of me".

A mix of foot-tapping and soft melodious numbers, songs in Anniyan has won appreciation from the music buffs. "I am happy that I am in spotlight now. I hope to surge ahead from here".

A good break for a quiet and unassuming man.

[/tscii:4d3712eda2]

Sanjeevi
27th June 2005, 11:47 PM
Why is there no separate discussion on the new albums of Harris? I believe he has earned enough recognition to merit that! Anniyan and Ullam kEtkumE are presently rocking. Soon VEttaiyAdu velayAdu will satisfy his fans in particular and music lovers in general. Are there any other forthcoming HJ albums. Let's discuss without bringing in ARR! Peace.

I don't think, HJ has lot fans like IR, ARR or YSR. But there is no problem to this thread.

Nadathungo

kamarajc
28th June 2005, 07:54 PM
Sanjeevi,

FYKI - It does not require huge fanfare to start a thread. It just requires talent, and HJ has definitely got immense talent. I dont think HJ's fanfare is lesser than YSR. Guess thats a old news (5 years' old news). BTW, I am an ardent fan of IR.

Music4Ever
28th June 2005, 08:59 PM
One more Kaaka Kaaka calibre album and HJ will be at the very forefront of TFM. Let us hope VV will do just that. The funny thing is I don't anymore trust my judgment of his album after just one or two hearings. This happened with Leysa Leysa, Kaaka and Kaaka, and now Anniyan. All three are super hit albums for me now.

interz
24th July 2005, 03:50 PM
think anniyan brought him up to that level. lucky bastard.

buvana
25th July 2005, 10:25 AM
Sanjeevi,

I feel u are not aware of his fanclubs... have a look at it at yahoo groups and outside yahoo as well. A big fanfare indeed !

buvana
25th July 2005, 10:35 AM
Yes, I agree with music4ever.. Without talent, no name and fame and success come along.. HJ is a trained western classical expert. I expected peppy numbers in Totti Jaya... I suppose the story does not demand peppy songs... the two melodies are nice to listen, especially Bombay Jayshree's voice is just great in that uyire song.

coucou
25th July 2005, 06:55 PM
Ghajini - Honest try
IndiaGlitz [Monday, July 25, 2005]
After his blockbuster Ramana, director Murugadoss is gearing up for his next Ghajini, a movie starring Surya in the lead role with Asin and Nayantra for his company.

Surya plays a rich businessman in the movie and also a pursuer of a fugitive. It is a two-faced (literally) for Surya. One a dapper young man and another a rough-and-tough chaser.

Harris Jeyaraj, on a high after his tunes in Anniyan, has composed six lilting numbers for the movie.
Salem Chandrasekhar, who has produced movies like Sullan and February 14 is the producer of Ghajini.

According to Murugadoss, the title is very symbolic. "The story is about a rich businessman who always works for the empowerment of women with no vested interests. Prakash Raj thwarts his efforts and how Surya overcomes and overpowers him is the rest of the story."

Surya, who had tonsured his head for the movie, says "it is a movie with a different story line sure to attract audiences. I have tried to live up to the expectations playing a rich young entrepreneur Sanjay Ramasamy".

Asin plays Surya's ladylove while Nayantra also in the cast.

Surya and Murugadoss is keen on making the movie count at the box office. Hope Murugadoss pulls it off again in Ghajini.

Ghajini, the name, is a metaphor for assiduous try.

Surya and Murugadoss have given just that.

Music4Ever
26th July 2005, 07:39 PM
Malai chAralO en nenjilE
sugamAi keeralO en uyirilE
Yaaridamum thOndravillai idhupOl

is a stunning number by Harris. Well sung by Ramesh Vinayagam and Harini, but all credit should go to the MD for such a beautiful composition. Better than any song in the recent hit Anniyan, IMO.

Harris generally excels in composing youthful numbers. The above one, I hear, is from his Telugu remake of Kaaka Kaaka titled Gharshana. Imagine what level Kaaka kaaka album would have been if this had been included there itself!

Hats off Harris.

Scale
26th July 2005, 08:00 PM
intha threadoda author yarru???

alias
26th July 2005, 08:17 PM
Well Music4ever, let me know how much HJ pays per hour to promote this tenjipona album TJ. I would be happy to work for HJ and same thing to MrJudge for promoting OKK :-)

MrJudge
26th July 2005, 08:34 PM
Well Music4ever, let me know how much HJ pays per hour to promote this tenjipona album TJ. I would be happy to work for HJ and same thing to MrJudge for promoting OKK :-)

The same amount you are getting for A..Ah..man :)

Music4Ever
26th July 2005, 08:57 PM
Now, guys, please don't hijack this thread by bringing all unwanted chat and stuff. Let us concentrate on HJ's new albums only. If you feel exigent urge to have a fight go elsewhere :) Thanks.

Alias, why should it be that difficult for someone to post about a Harris song that he/she likes in the appropriate thread meant for Harris only? You answer me that and then I will try to counter your view about TJ.

alias
26th July 2005, 08:59 PM
Dude, I am not flooding the forum with Aa Ahaha praises and giving Ad, so which means ARR will not pay me, but it looks u r in business. I will understand if u do not want me to get in but do not tell that I get the amount for Aa Ahaha abacharam :-)

alias
26th July 2005, 09:01 PM
Music$ever, I am not stopping u from Praising his song but it looks like Saravan Store ad to me for TJ :-) I know u enjoy HJ music and I like Uyrie song from TJ too.

Music4Ever
26th July 2005, 09:13 PM
I think some explanation is needed from my side, Alias :)

The majority of songs from Thotti Jaya are not that great, although they have HJ's typical soft sounds (not the blaring sounds that are mostly found in albums of other MD's including, sometimes, my favorite ARR). In particular, I am shocked those HJ style dappanguthu songs remind us of several other songs. The Yaaridamum, however, is a youthful number worth listening many times and due credit should be given to the composer, which I dutifully did. Nowhere am I promoting the album TJ by my act. There is also another soft number in TJ which starts the same way as the Rhythm number by ARR (thuLLi varum kAtrE thuLLi varum kAtrE thAi mozhi pEsu), but more about that later.

Music4Ever
24th April 2006, 12:42 AM
Time to revive this thread.

Vivek praised Harris for his music in Vettayadu Velayadu. According to him Harris understands the pulse of the youth very well, therefore "Every hair is Jayaraj".

Gautham lauded Harris for excellent music in VV.

Kamal was quite unresponsive about Harris's music in VV. He just said "azhagaga panni irukkirar".

Thamarai was all praise for Harris. So were Tippu and Shalini, who I think sang ennai konjam in Kaaka Kaaka.

Thunderbird
24th April 2006, 04:18 PM
harish's music is rockin :)

MADDY
24th April 2006, 04:29 PM
no doubt thunder.....HJ is here to stay...... :thumbsup: ..........watever we,ARR fans will accuse him of copying he has the knack of churning out popular numbers,.....i still remember that RHTDM(hindi minnale) was in the top20 countdown for 1 year.....

Thunderbird
24th April 2006, 04:33 PM
even ARR has copied from other places.. so what? :) .

you say copy or not.. from last year.. my pick was sutrum vizhi sudare :)

dinesh2002
24th April 2006, 04:41 PM
even ARR has copied from other places.. so what? :) .

you say copy or not.. from last year.. my pick was sutrum vizhi sudare :)'

Not Katril Varum Geethame?? :rotfl:

Thunderbird
24th April 2006, 04:53 PM
illae.. athu maarkandeyaa :lol:

and kozhi irage kozhi irage :lol:

MADDY
24th April 2006, 09:55 PM
illae.. athu maarkandeyaa

and kozhi irage kozhi irage

thunder, i thought u were really angry with ARR but now i know u r hungry for chicken :lol: :lol:

thunder i genuinely said HJ was gud.....u have a problem with ARR....leave it mannn......

m_23_bayarea
24th April 2006, 10:05 PM
Superb Thread for a great MD !!!! :D :D :D

m_23_bayarea
24th April 2006, 10:06 PM
no doubt thunder.....HJ is here to stay...... :thumbsup: ..........watever we,ARR fans will accuse him of copying he has the knack of churning out popular numbers,.....i still remember that RHTDM(hindi minnale) was in the top20 countdown for 1 year.....

Absolutely !!!! :D :D

Thunderbird
24th April 2006, 10:26 PM
thunder, i thought u were really angry with ARR but now i know u r hungry for chicken :lol: :lol:

thunder i genuinely said HJ was gud.....u have a problem with ARR....leave it mannn......

lame joke.. but still good try :)

Music4Ever
25th April 2006, 07:20 AM
How is the response to the audio of Vettayadu VeLayadu? I am sure if the movie does well the music will pick up, if not already. At this moment I believe Karka Karka, PArtha mudhal naaLil, and ManjaL veyyil are good.

What are his future albums?

A.ANAND
25th April 2006, 01:13 PM
appakada annakili

Djpak
25th April 2006, 09:44 PM
HJ is the new heir to the throne (ARR) :)
Bye to YSR & CO :wave:

selvakumar
26th April 2006, 10:45 AM
HJ is the new heir to the throne (ARR) :)
Bye to YSR & CO :wave:

:rotfl: Seems the throne itself is under a shake (as per ur words) :lol:

Music4Ever
28th June 2006, 09:05 PM
Can anyone spell out the rap lyrics that appear as the second interlude in the lovely number "karka karka" from the movie Vettayadu vilayadu? I have listened to the song several times but still cannot get the rap part except for the beginning bit where the rap guy goes

Ragabon stay in the process
tap dollar cover you lose (or something like that)
At any time
Ready, come on, yeah.. let's go

and later

who's the man on the land I can stand down..

If this song is picturized well, it will be a super hit like "Ennai konjam" in Kaaka Kaaka.

Ramakrishna
30th June 2006, 08:41 PM
So whats Harris's next after VV other than Bheema and the telugu venture?

buvana
1st July 2006, 08:40 PM
So whats Harris's next after VV other than Bheema and the telugu venture?

Before Bheema, July Kaatril is expected. Bheema will be for Deepavali. On telugu front, Sainikudu (Mahesh Babu) and Munnah (Prabhas). Sarath's Silandhi, Surya Gautam combo one movie (dont know whether name will be same or may undergo change Chennaiyil Oru...). And then, yet to be launched North Madras Pasangal.. Incidentally, Harris, Vikram and Lingusamy were here in Singapore till yesterday.

selvakumar
30th July 2006, 04:23 PM
Yesterday, I was listening to ULLAM KETKUMAE.. Awesome songs.

Oh Manamae song is one of the beautiful songs I have heard in the recent time.

IMO, It is better than SUTTUM VIZHI SUDARAE.
All the songs are good in the movie. The BGM was apt and fine. Esp the one that comes during the farewell are awesome

rsubras
30th July 2006, 04:51 PM
suttum vizhi sudare imho was more original than oh maname... oh maname sounded a lot like "poongatrile.." from Uyire... infact some one pointed this out while the audio was first out....

Djpak
5th August 2006, 06:19 PM
Nish the boss
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Nish the boss is a forthcoming Tamil/English movie planned to go on the production floors in October 2006. The direction will be helmed by Shankar, who previously tasted little success with the Tamil movie Anniyan.

The film is eagerly awaited and promoted by producers SunTv, who claim the movie will be the Anniyan of 2007 in terms of it's musical success. And why not, with the Lusu Harris Jayaraj roped in to compose the tunes.

Handsome Nishy aka Nishanthan will do the role of the Nish. The story is yet to be revealed, except for the teaser that it will be an episode in the life of a Gangster journeying with his lady love ( Asin ).

Music4Ever
24th August 2006, 11:55 PM
I have no idea what you are saying Djpak. I am sure it is not complimentary to Harris, however.

I heard that VV is releasing tomorrow. Is that correct? Let's see how the songs pick up after the release. Hopefully, Harris's good luck will continue, the movie becomes a hit and the songs too.

rashid2raj
25th August 2006, 12:05 AM
I have no idea what you are saying Djpak. I am sure it is not complimentary to Harris, however.

I heard that VV is releasing tomorrow. Is that correct? Let's see how the songs pick up after the release. Hopefully, Harris's good luck will continue, the movie becomes a hit and the songs too.

Just saw Partha mudhal Naale song on CITV.. The song is picturized on Kamal and Rani at home.. Something like "Kadhal Sadugudu" song from Alaipayuthey.. Romantic..

selvakumar
25th August 2006, 10:10 AM

Just saw Partha mudhal Naale song on CITV.. The song is picturized on Kamal and Rani at home.. Something like "Kadhal Sadugudu" song from Alaipayuthey.. Romantic..

:roll:

Renault
26th August 2006, 12:23 PM
Harris Jayaraj waxed and waned with his music for VV. I had a headache after watching Ghajini due to the noisy background score.. the same feeling comes here.. too noisy at times.. and subtle at times..

Looks like Harris needs to improve a lot in that area. Karka, Paartha mudhal (suttum vizhi hangover) and Manjal veyyil sounds pleasing to listen.. the other two songs are unnecessary.

Sanguine Sridhar
26th August 2006, 01:55 PM
Renault,

Beg to differ! What sort of BGM you expect for a action movie :)

For a soft romantic movie like 'Minnale' he did extremely well!!

But fr BGM Harris is not on top 5 defly!

selvakumar
26th August 2006, 06:02 PM
Harris Jayaraj waxed and waned with his music for VV. I had a headache after watching Ghajini due to the noisy background score.. the same feeling comes here.. too noisy at times.. and subtle at times..

Looks like Harris needs to improve a lot in that area. Karka, Paartha mudhal (suttum vizhi hangover) and Manjal veyyil sounds pleasing to listen.. the other two songs are unnecessary.

This is mainly because he is getting addicted to his numerous violins raising the sound stuffs which are :x sometimes. But I don't think he had not committed any blunder in VV. Infact, his BGM impressed me more than some of the songs :thumbsup:

and as far as the songs is concerned,

I prefer
1. Karka Karka (slow beats are cool indeed)
2. Paartha mudhal naalae ( every newly married couple will go crazy over this song :thumbsup: )
3. Manjal veyyil (Nice beats that changes rapidly) :D

Infact Neruppae song was good. But since it had been used for the baddies, people might not like it ! But it was awesome

I didn't like "uyirilae" picturisation ! That song was awesome ! But GM had failed here ! some of the scenes in this songs looks incomplete

Overall - HJ can survive more number of years if GM prefers him all the time !

buvana
28th August 2006, 06:08 AM
"Overall - HJ can survive more number of years if GM prefers him all the time !"

That sounds funny, Selva Sir. Gautam has directed only 3 movies, while Harris did 16 projects other than Gautam's. Not all were BO hits, but musical hits. HJ can survive even if Gautam does not hire him.

Renault
28th August 2006, 07:05 AM
buvana, with regards to TFM, partnerships are very important. HJ has very little sustaining partnerships and he needs them to kind of market his capabilities time and again to new/other producers and directors.

His sustaining partnerships are only with Goutam and Jeeva. While Yuvan has quite a few like Ameer, Selvaraghavan, Vishnuvardhan, Simbu, etc.

HJ certainly needs Goutam's support for much more bigger and interesting projects to show his versataility.

Sanguine Sridhar, point well taken, but he probably need to know where silence is required and where only subtle noises should be there. but the overall bgm effort waskind of improved after his noisy bgm effort in Ghajini.

buvana
28th August 2006, 09:55 AM
Renault, understood. What I meant is HJ is by now established and does not need any intro. Also, he is not dependent on any director taken alone. Whichever director he works for, the songs somehow click. As you said " bigger and interesting projects" , he takes up only bigger and interesting projects, be it Gautam or someone else. It is highly unlikely that Gautam Harris would part ways as they are great buddies.

MrJudge
28th August 2006, 05:11 PM
but the overall bgm effort waskind of improved after his noisy bgm effort in Ghajini.

His bgm effort in Thotti Jeya was also so bad. When I was watching the movie, I was reminded of Vivek's commedy in a movie (I forgot the name) in which he had a vision to record oppari and taking it to global :)

pirathib
12th October 2006, 02:57 PM
[tscii:fa5971366c]Harris is the king!

By Moviebuzz | Friday, 06 October , 2006, 10:39

Last week there was an informal get-together of Tamil music company bosses. They had met to discuss about the alarming drop in the sales of audio cassettes due to rampant piracy and downloading of music.
At the meeting, A.R.Rahman came in for sharp criticism as they felt that he has lost his magic touch as far as Tamil film music goes. The sales of his audios, notably new titles like Godfather and Sillunu Oru Kadhal has been lukewarm.

Yuvan Shankar Raja too came in for criticism for doing too many remixes of his dad’s tunes and being repetitive. This year none of his albums except for Vallavan is selling!

At the same time, they were praising Harris Jayaraj for the music of Vetayadu Vilayadu and its audio sales. This audio has broken the record created last year’s Ghajini and Anniyan both from Harris.

So far Vetayadu Vilayadu has sold 85,000 audio cassettes and 60,000 CD’s across India. It is phenomenal achievement as the audio industry is in the dumps. In fact, the music industry feels that Vetayadu Vilayadu is such a huge hit only due to Harris’ music.

All the audio companies were unanimous that Harris Jayaraj is the King of Tamil cinema music. His plus points are that he does not take too many assignments and there is something new in each album. [/tscii:fa5971366c]

buvana
30th October 2006, 05:49 AM
By mid-november, Pachai Kili MC audio will be out and buy mid-december, Bheema audio..

m_23_bayarea
30th October 2006, 06:37 AM
but the overall bgm effort waskind of improved after his noisy bgm effort in Ghajini.

His bgm effort in Thotti Jeya was also so bad. When I was watching the movie, I was reminded of Vivek's commedy in a movie (I forgot the name) in which he had a vision to record oppari and taking it to global :)

THOTTI JAYA's BGM was soooo awesome I thought !! :roll: :? :roll:

buvana
2nd November 2006, 07:49 PM
Read this article - HJ interview in Kungumam last week edition..

You will find it on page 88

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/oct/22/88

buvana
2nd November 2006, 07:59 PM
One more project with Director Jeeva..

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/nov-06-01/02-11-06-jeyam-ravi.html

raagadevan
2nd November 2006, 08:50 PM
[tscii:7b3c7b4ac8]

Harris rocks

Harris Jayaraj seems to have emerged the undisputed king of Tamil film music, for the second consecutive year. Last year, if it was the "Ghajini" album that topped the charts and ring tones, this year, it is "Vetaiyadu Vilayadu". Over 1.5 lakh audio and CDs of the album have been sold and the `Manjal Veyil... ' song is the number one ring tone of the year — an achievement at a time when the audio industry is in the dumps! In Andhra Pradesh too, the audio of "Sainikudu" has become a hit even before the release of the film. Today, Harris is able to make a film get an opening just on the strength of his music. Watch out for "July Katru", Harris' new album (of the Jeeva-directed film), which has peppy songs that are sure to rock.

SREEDHAR PILLAI [/tscii:7b3c7b4ac8]

(From The Hindu - November 02, 2006)

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/11/02/stories/2006110200880500.htm

ansa400
3rd November 2006, 04:55 AM
I guess this article is just to promote his upcoming album... Gajini and VV got good opening coz of his music...funny.. Infact Gajini songs became a hit only after it was viewed on the screen.. Also what has the ringtone downloads got do with the audio sales???..Strange..

buvana
3rd November 2006, 05:15 AM
I guess this article is just to promote his upcoming album... Gajini and VV got good opening coz of his music...funny.. Infact Gajini songs became a hit only after it was viewed on the screen.. Also what has the ringtone downloads got do with the audio sales???..Strange..

What is funny ? Do you disagree that Suttum and Oru Maalai became hits and ranked in audio charts (FM channels in India & countries like Sing and Malaysia) before movie release ? And Manjal Veyyil and Partha Mudhal as well ? These VV songs stayed more longer in the charts though the movie was unduly delayed. Dont you think these paved way for the high expectations? There were enough evidence in the mags and other media sources. Very few would accept as some lentils do not cook in any type of pressure cookers...

ansa400
3rd November 2006, 07:00 AM
My point is that we've to give due credit to the picturisation as well. Suttum vizhi and Oru malai sounded normal b4 the film released..only after we saw the picturisation that we started to appreciate the song better,,, it was surya's new look and kamal-goutham combo in Gajini and VV respectively that pulled the crowd to the theatres...no the songs..

buvana
3rd November 2006, 09:26 AM
I am not saying that the movies' credit should fully go to Harris. Gautam and Murugadas both did justice to his songs. Plus cinematography and many other things have to be given credit. But claiming that songs did not at all have a part to play is absurd, in my opinion. Your verdict as songs 'normal' before film released - I think you should be fair enough in your judgement. Songs of Ghajini and VV raised layman's expectations as to "wonder how they would have picturised this song " . Even I had, and even you must have. But for eg. if you take song like that of Thiruvilayaadal arambam or any other mediocre album, you wont say " I am eager to watch this movie.. etc" . You may not believe, these songs were so popular even before movie release, that school kids danced for talent search competitions with steps taught by dance tutors; betrothel and wedding and birthday celebrations had these repeatedly on high volumes in the void decks of the buildings ; and also we could hear these from the neighbouring seats in trains (audio cd players)while travelling to office.

villan007
3rd November 2006, 09:42 AM
suttum vizhi sudare paatu padam vantha pin than hit aachu... !!!

ghajini was considered as a letdown by Hj .... . picturisation than main reason.. gajini songs hit aaga :roll:

paartha mudhal naale and the rest of VV songs were a straight away hit ! :cool:

buvana
3rd November 2006, 11:18 AM
suttum vizhi sudare paatu padam vantha pin than hit aachu... !!!

ghajini was considered as a letdown by Hj .... . picturisation than main reason.. gajini songs hit aaga :roll:

paartha mudhal naale and the rest of VV songs were a straight away hit ! :cool:

villain, that could be the case in TN, I am not aware how the response was when audio released. But here and inMalaysia, right from day 1 of audio release of Ghajini, no stopping of it in radios and home systems.. the most sought after songs. I agree songs like Xmachi and Rahatulla did not fare well here. But Rangola joined the hit list here. May be tastes of society matters...

selvakumar
3rd November 2006, 12:47 PM
As far as Ghajini songs are concerned, the only songs that captivated the audience much before the movie release was "oRu maaLai iLaveyiL neRam"
Music lovers found 'Suttum Vizhi sudarae' interesting. But ordinary lovers got addicted to the first one. IMO, Apart from these two songs, none of the other songs fared well. After the movie release, the first one took a back seat and SVS took the lead

kb
6th November 2006, 03:44 AM
in the latest telugu album..sainikudu
almost all songs are inspired from any previous ARR song

MADDY
6th November 2006, 04:37 AM

ppl. just dont give a damn...... :D

infact i'm happy that Harris is continuing ARR's style of music...... 8-) ....so as long as Harris is there ARR's trend wil continue.....

muzammil_fr
6th November 2006, 04:43 AM
Ya Maddy Well said, Guys leave him Inspire and Clone from Him, As we don't have ARR albems more, after him i am only heard HJ songs mostly and YSR some of Time.

buvana
6th November 2006, 05:30 AM

ppl. just dont give a damn...... :D

infact i'm happy that Harris is continuing ARR's style of music...... 8-) ....so as long as Harris is there ARR's trend wil continue.....

True, indeed. If we see, both ARR and HJ update their studios with latest possible technology in audio products.. This also becomes a reason for the similarity we find in the interludes and preludes, the sound effects, apart from the scale/raaga used, and in the final output as well. Besides, HJ himself admires ARR a lot, no wonder the inspiration. Recently, Euphonix Media Controller made use of in audio engg. has been installed in HJs studio, as recently as 1st week of Oct. There was a press release also. Any idea whether ARR also went for it ? May be ARR fans who are closely known to him will be able to tell us... Thanks.

MADDY
6th November 2006, 10:23 AM
True, indeed. If we see, both ARR and HJ update their studios with latest possible technology in audio products.. This also becomes a reason for the similarity we find in the interludes and preludes, the sound effects, apart from the scale/raaga used, and in the final output as well. Besides, HJ himself admires ARR a lot, no wonder the inspiration. Recently, Euphonix Media Controller made use of in audio engg. has been installed in HJs studio, as recently as 1st week of Oct. There was a press release also. Any idea whether ARR also went for it ? May be ARR fans who are closely known to him will be able to tell us... Thanks.

buvana, but this is in no way a justification for HJ's continuing of ARR's trend........he shuld have broken ARR's trend and created a new one.....that wud have been ideal........infact, now, with HJ not having that much fans, and still his music sells, shows that ppl. clearly like the trend more which is anyday ARR's..........

buvana, btw, ARR has long moved out of that trend and now he sounds so different from his olden days.....the diff in HJ and ARR now is huge bcos ARR keeps on changing his style......he, as usual, stands out from the crowd, good or bad........ :D

HJ should do something unique, something that ARR hasnt done b4..........i guess he can........

rsubras
6th November 2006, 11:51 AM
true maddy.... HJ do not have any dedicated fans like that of IR or ARR or for that matter even YSR......... Even in this TFM forum, so much activity is in IR/ARR/YSR's threads only and a very few only come to HJ's thread (appadi varavanga kooda thitrathukku, kindal panrathukku than varanga :) athu vera vishayam), HJ is not media's darling too (except that of Sify's).....still his music sells ....coz the neutral ppl who matter the most for an audio success loves HJ's music...... they may not like HJ himself but still most of them love HJ's movies and music......

vijayr
6th November 2006, 12:12 PM
HJ seems to have been lucky with his choice of movies recently, thats about it. When his movies do average business like Thotti Jaya no one bothers about the songs. But when VV or some other movie becomes a hit and if the songs are picturized well then the sales pick up. Even HJ admitted that Anniyan sales was pretty luke warm before the release of the movie and that he was waiting for the movie to be released so that the sales can pick up. Atleast he is being candid :-)

Paartha mudhal naaLe drives me nuts every time it comes on TV. A nursery rhyme set to a OP Nayyar-Tonga rhythm-picturization was pretty underwhelming too. And this song is a "hit"? Blame it on the movie doing well

thamizhvaanan
6th November 2006, 12:24 PM
A nursery rhyme set to a OP Nayyar-Tonga rhythm-picturization was pretty underwhelming too. :exactly: Well... to take HJ as a serious topic for discussion, you have to assume that the stuff he is composing is music, which is preposterous IMO. So, no comments :tongueout:

rsubras
6th November 2006, 12:49 PM
but everyone seems to love it na @ vijayr and VV audio was a hit much before the film was released...... :)

even i hate VV songs (songs are good but not great) compared with other HJ songs but the fact is it is a bigger hit than many of the other albums

MADDY
6th November 2006, 01:02 PM
true maddy.... HJ do not have any dedicated fans like that of IR or ARR or for that matter even YSR......... Even in this TFM forum, so much activity is in IR/ARR/YSR's threads only and a very few only come to HJ's thread (appadi varavanga kooda thitrathukku, kindal panrathukku than varanga :) athu vera vishayam), HJ is not media's darling too (except that of Sify's).....still his music sells ....coz the neutral ppl who matter the most for an audio success loves HJ's music...... they may not like HJ himself but still most of them love HJ's movies and music......

which means ppl. like the trend/style of music......and subras, i dont think its anyone else's other than ARR's....... :D ......

buvana
6th November 2006, 01:14 PM
Maddy, I dont think it is clear-cut to say he does not have that much fans. From what I gather, his fans write to him, get reply, some even land up at his studio, some go to the extent of calling him at residence.. In one of my previous posts, I had written that my friend's distant relative is working in his troupe. The fans number may not outnumber that of ARR, but still there is a fan-following for him.

rsubras, when HJ fans post anything in HJ releases, it is usually refuted, bashed stating reasons like copying, inspirations., etc. etc.. half way it ends up fighting.. So far media is concerned, he gets max media coverage, i should say. Not only Sify, tamil mags like Kungumam, Kumudam, Vikatan, dinamalar paper, The Hindu.. we see these regularly. Sometimes I feel HJ got more attention among people just because of the interviews in these mags.

vijayr, you are right, but TJ was not marketed properly and Simbu did not care for its picturisation and publicity, due to tussle between him and Thanu.

vasanth2006
6th November 2006, 08:15 PM
in HJ's recent albums,

oru malai ilaveyil from gajini is fantastic fast paced melody. very good lyrics and picturisation.

manjal veyil is enjoyable number. such an energetic song. really very good song. hariharan sung very well.

"partha naal mudhal" has lovely picturisation and lyrics. but tune? :roll: it is copied from christian song "iyesu azhaikkintrar".
the same tune. already i heared that song. in suriyan FM also they clearly told this.

Best song of HJ is "o... maname" from ullam ketkume.Lovely song.

i think HJ consistently giving 2 good melody numbers in every film that overpowering other numbers in the same film.

He is consistently giving good melody numbers. that is fact. but he is getting more recognition than what he deserves IMHO. that is because of his films are always mega HITS .

Renault
6th November 2006, 08:49 PM
I have said this b4.

Harris is not as talented as an ARR or gifted as an IR.. but his packaging of a song is excellent. I liked some of his ordinary songs like Rangola (Ghajini) and Sikki Mukki (VV).

Yes, Paartha Mudhal is a lazy attempt by Harris to copy a devotional song.. that brings down his repertoire a bit.

vijayr
6th November 2006, 09:00 PM
in HJ's recent albums,

"partha naal mudhal" has lovely picturisation and lyrics. but tune? :roll: it is copied from christian song "iyesu azhaikkintrar".
the same tune. already i heared that song. in suriyan FM also they clearly told this.

No kidding.. I was just thinking yesterday that the tune sounded like that of an usual christian devotional song and now you are telling me that it was actually lifted?!!

Suttum vizhi chudare's sandham from "twinke twinkle little star"

and now this from a Christian devotional song. Great going.

vijayr
6th November 2006, 09:02 PM
vijayr, you are right, but TJ was not marketed properly and Simbu did not care for its picturisation and publicity, due to tussle between him and Thanu.

Which supports my observation that HJ depends more on the marketing/publicity/picturization than on his own abilities

app_engine
7th November 2006, 03:44 AM
vasanth2006,
After seeing your post, I located `pArtha nAL mudhal' in youtube and listened to it.

Well, it could be inspired by some protestant devotional...but definitely not the `yEsu azhaikkiRar' song...which was kind of a theme song for DGS Dhinakaran & Co...and got aired in radio/TV quite many times . That is not this...

jaiganes
7th November 2006, 07:18 AM
-deleted as per Moderator's request/command/wish/whatever-

MADDY
7th November 2006, 10:22 AM
Aiyyo Vijayr! not everyone who listens to music is an expert like you with a discerning ear for new trends and music pattern analysis. For ordinary listeners, the song gotta be catchy and the lyrics easy to memorize and sing. Paartha Naal mudhal is a classic example:-) It has good rhythms, great voice of singers(Unni and Jayshree), great lyrics(simple but elegant and poignant). I am not surprised to see the song succeed at all. I fail to understand why you guys are so constipated at the success of the song. :roll:
Even Uyirile is a great song with great situational lyrics and wonderful voices again. So please learn to live with success of HJ, the same way some of the IR fans have now learnt(somewhat in a hard way though) to live with the success of ARR!!! :lol: :lol:

FYI, vijayr is not a ARR fan.......moreover, no one is constipated with HJ's success here........infact we are feeling proud that ARR's trend is still winning..........as long as HJ stays ARR's trend stays which is ideal for us....

but in a musical forum, his pluses and minuses have to be discussed.......theres nuthin wrong in that........

vijayr
7th November 2006, 10:35 AM
Paartha Naal mudhal is a classic example:-) It has good rhythms, great voice of singers(Unni and Jayshree), great lyrics(simple but elegant and poignant). I am not surprised to see the song succeed at all. I fail to understand why you guys are so constipated at the success of the song. :roll:
Even Uyirile is a great song with great situational lyrics and wonderful voices again. So please learn to live with success of HJ, the same way some of the IR fans have now learnt(somewhat in a hard way though) to live with the success of ARR!!! :lol: :lol:

Paartha mudhal naaLe has "good rhythms"? !! Aandava!
Thats the rhythm that comes inbuilt with those cheap $100 entry-level keyboards

Unni Meno's singing is even duller than his compering in SunTV. Cant blame him entirely though,as the tune is non-existent.
Uyirile,by comparison, has some life to it,atleast in parts

I have definitely learned to live with the "success" of HJ as much as I have learned to live with the standards of current TFM,by not bothering to give most of these songs a second listen. Although I sometimes find it difficult to escape from them on TV

vasanth2006
7th November 2006, 12:25 PM
vasanth2006,
After seeing your post, I located `pArtha nAL mudhal' in youtube and listened to it.

Well, it could be inspired by some protestant devotional...but definitely not the `yEsu azhaikkiRar' song...which was kind of a theme song for DGS Dhinakaran & Co...and got aired in radio/TV quite many times . That is not this...

app_engine,

Actually my friend is a christian. he has this song in one cassette.
actually he told that this fellow(HJ) is inspiring many tunes from christian songs. i told him that show me one proof. then he played this song.i am sure that the pallavi's tune is same. FYI, in suriyan FM also, in the chinna thambi periya thambi programme, they sung this christian song.

but i am not sure that this christian song has only one version of tune. there may be many versions of tune.
(p.s: that song is `yEsu azhaikkintrar' not `yEsu azhaikkiRar' )

anyway Good Melody.

jaiganes
7th November 2006, 01:52 PM
-deleted as per moderator's request/command/wish/whatever -

rajdes
7th November 2006, 01:58 PM
vijay, cheap (!necessarily=) Bad? Logically speaking, and only logically speaking, how does cheap preclude good? :-)
To put it another way, if something is monetarily valued < $100, does it mean it is "not of good quality"?
P.S: I make no reference to this particular case and I probably see what you mean, and probably concur, too but I think one cannot hold something's cost as an indicator of its intrinisic value :-)

jaiganes
7th November 2006, 02:02 PM

MADDY
7th November 2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks to ARR fans and Mr.Neutral Music lover(certified by ARR fan Maddy) for proving me wrong!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
And finally! Mr.Neutral Music lover(certified by ARR fan Maddy) If ARR got "Bombay Dreams" it is shrewd project selection and if HJ gets continued support from Gowtham and team plus Anniyan, it is "LUCK"!! what a logiccu!!!

boss, Anniyanakkum Bombay Dreamsukkum vithyasam irukku,.......and wat is this Mr.Neutral fan (certified by Maddy)???? naa yaara nallavangannu sonnalum avangala ungalakku pidikaadha??? yen indha kola veri...... :lol:

boss, u guys are missing the point..........HJ is not creating a new trend of his own......he is following ARR's style of music and doing some routine rythms/patterns........thats wat we have to say here.....browse, 5 pages b4 this, and u'll find how many times i have posted or my revered neutral fan has posted......

rajdes
7th November 2006, 02:57 PM
jaiganes, I think what vijay means is that the rhythms are commonplace and nothing to write home about in terms of innovativeness etc. But that just means HJ is a run-of-the-mill composer who doesnt contribute to the advancement of the TFM paradigm. But, I see your point - it might still well suit the particular song and hence, be called good in that respect. This also brings another question - if you use a commercially-available loop, then are you a useless or cheap or ordinary composer and the song you composed nothing to write home about and plain not good? Because if using a $100-keyboard-provided-rhythm makes your song ordinary, then using a , maybe, $1m loop implies the same?
Ah! I dont want to go where that discussion would lead to :-)

Scale
7th November 2006, 03:01 PM
Thats the rhythm that comes inbuilt with those cheap $100 entry-level keyboards

Look how they have ex-aggregated ? $100 kila pona harmonium potti thaan kidaikum and that doesn’t have an inbuilt rhythm stored.

I take pride to honour Vijayr as a neutral music lover, be it anytopic for that matter. There are many neutral/knowledgeable hubbers here didn’t even care to drop a pill at several occasions. Have you seen any HC appreciating VS(forget ARR) in that league. Never!

JaiG if you are hell-bent to ridicule MR deceptively then Vijayr seams much sensible to criticize HJ/KSR with his rational points. Many would bestow an affirmative nod for this.

But I have to admit that he has been bit harsh this time never b4.

[/tscii:db3be069e4]

rajdes
7th November 2006, 03:03 PM
maddy, jaiganes also didnt say that HJ is a trend-setter etc. He just said the rhythms in that song are good, which is his opinion. Just because they are common place or routine or cheap doesnt preclude them being good - that is simple logic and thats the point I had. In general,maybe you could say, the song goes in one direction and the rhythm doesnt suit the song/situation at all hence it is bad. That is sensible. You can also say that the beat is routine therefore the composer is not great as he is using routine patterns. But you cannot say that the beats are routine hence the song is bad or the rhythm is bad for the song. That is not logical at all.Puriyudha? I am not defending HJ here, I am merely defending the entity called logic :-)

rajdes
7th November 2006, 03:32 PM
Btw, where is this KSR criticism going on ( KSR means KS Ravikumar right)? I'd like to shred that pervert to pieces but if vijay has stuck his guns on him , I guess the job must have been done by now - where may I see the mortal remains?

jaiganes
7th November 2006, 05:10 PM

NOV
7th November 2006, 07:30 PM
Moderator's Note: Jaiganesh, we DO NOT condone personal abuse. Please edit your posts made above.

Music4Ever
7th November 2006, 07:47 PM
When is HJ's next album releasing? Bheema? July Kaatril? Pachchai KiLi Muththu charam? Seems like a good year ahead for HJ fans.

HJ is here to stay, for sure. It seems his popularity in TN is at its peak now. His speciality is packaging his songs well. They are instantly catchy although they may lack depth.

Scale
7th November 2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks NOV for dropping in!

They first try to ridicule him and diminish him(HJ), failing which they say he is not even a composer.

U can live up with your own misleading assumptions. If thats the real intention, V fans could have mocked & torn HJ (sainikodu telugu) into pieces. Sincerely we are happy to see the crop of upcoming MD's from ARR's camp in someway associated with his earlier combo Dir Asst/Prodn House. GVP tho a nephew of ARR has worked with several other MD's before making his debut in Veyil (Humko Maalum Thaa (http://www.teakada.com/2006/10/27/i-scored-humko-maloom-hai-g-v-prakash/)) Do you know HJ much acclaimed Vaseegara was robbed from ARR's stock ?

The thing I would like to attribute ARR's success is that he always treated the current trend as his competitor and not the MD. He brings his innovation into different genres, orchestration, new talents to kill the existing trend set by him and ruthlessly followed by others.

>>Dign!
It is we brand Vijayr as a neutral hubber and he never self-proclaimed it anytime. Infact, He rebut (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=446728&highlight=#446728) it several times (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=390398&highlight=#390398)

Look what made me to say this (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=184483&highlight=#184483)
End Dign<<

buvana
7th November 2006, 08:26 PM
When is HJ's next album releasing? Bheema? July Kaatril? Pachchai KiLi Muththu charam? Seems like a good year ahead for HJ fans.

HJ is here to stay, for sure. It seems his popularity in TN is at its peak now. His speciality is packaging his songs well. They are instantly catchy although they may lack depth.

PKMC and Unnale Unnale are the two immediately expected audios by mid-november, since the movie release date is 25th Dec. But till now, there is no official info. Indiaglitz carried preview of PKMC..

rajdes
7th November 2006, 09:32 PM
Neutral sounds oh-so-ajith-in-varalaaru-the-dancer-role to me - No wonder vijay recoils at being called so :-)

vijayr
7th November 2006, 09:46 PM
vijay, cheap (!necessarily=) Bad? Logically speaking, and only logically speaking, how does cheap preclude good? :-)
To put it another way, if something is monetarily valued < $100, does it mean it is "not of good quality"?
P.S: I make no reference to this particular case and I probably see what you mean, and probably concur, too but I think one cannot hold something's cost as an indicator of its intrinisic value :-)

Rajdes, enna aachchu? :-) I didnt say its bad BECAUSE its cheap. I think you made that link. I just said it sounded like some inbuilt rhythm off of those beginner level keyboards which anyone has access to. I would understand if an 8-year old composed that song

Regarding "intrinsic value" vs cost and so on thats a different ecnomics/ethics discussion altogether. Needless to say, I didnt have all that in mind when I commented about HJ's song :-)
Maybe if you define "intrinsic value" in this context and mention the intrinsic value of what(the instrument or the composition?) you are talking about, then I can throw further my 2 cents. For instance, I think the quality of a cheap keyboard is inferior in the sense as to the limited options, primitive rhythm patterns, and the unsophisticated tones it offers, when compared with the many options of more expensive models. If you are talking about the rhythm pattern itself in the context of intrinsic value or quality, there is no cheap or costly here, just good or bad, which is subjective.The rhythm pattern isnt "bad" because its produced from a cheap keyboard(although keyboard whizs will say the percussion sounds are better or more sophisticated/authentic from an expensive synth), but because there is no value addition from the side of the composer. Like I said, a kid fiddling with his toy keyboard could have come up with that. I meant it in that sense, hope its a little clear.

vijayr
7th November 2006, 09:53 PM
You can also say that the beat is routine therefore the composer is not great as he is using routine patterns. But you cannot say that the beats are routine hence the song is bad or the rhythm is bad for the song. That is not logical at all.Puriyudha?

Rajdes, whats the difference between those 2 statements above? If the beats are routine than you can say the composer is not great, agreed. But if the beats are routine I can also say the rhythm is "bad" in the sense its unimaginative or run-of-the-mill. A more imaginative rhythm could have been composed in its place is my point. Or if you take the rhythm alone, there is nothing to rave about. And since jaiganes specifically referred to the rhythm alone(he picked that out from the rest of the song) as good, I made that point.

vijayr
7th November 2006, 10:21 PM
and regarding HJ's music, its not as if I hate everything he does and attribute everything he does to luck as Mr. Jaiganes as exaggerated in his post. I like songs from some of his earlier works like Leysa Leysa, Minnale, Kaakka Kaakka and so on. But Anniyan/Ghajni/VV didnt quite live up to the hype musically, of course in my opinion. Plus its also a fact (as confessed by HJ himself during Anniyan when its pre-release sales was lukewarm) that his audio sales does pick up after the movie's release especially if the movie/song picturization does well. So even commercially speaking, he hasnt been blazing the charts irrespective of his movies' success. In fact he depends heavily on it. Like I mentioned earlier Thotti Jaya is an example of what happens to his audio sales when the movie doesnt do well. Not that I care too much about sales quantity and stuff like that while judging an album for myself, but just to mention the reality to jaiganes.
I do check out every album of his.

rajasaranam
7th November 2006, 11:05 PM
Vijayr,
Tell me one album that rocked the charts post-2000 even if the movie bombed. [There are exceptions like Boys where the music was hit while movie bombed and ThirudaThirudi and Chithiram pesuthadi where One song becoming hit made the movie run to packed houses]. But generally That is scenario here or north everywhere, the music picks up only if the movie is hit otherwise it sinks without a trace.

So even commercially speaking, he hasnt been blazing the charts irrespective of his movies' success. In fact he depends heavily on it.
This is the case for all MD's including IR and ARR. So wats the point in digging only at HJ for this reason.

vijayr
7th November 2006, 11:12 PM
rajasaranam, I dont quite agree with you. In addition to Boys, KaNgaLaal kaidhu sei, Ayudha ezhuthu and even the recent Sillendru oru Kaadhal all topped the charts even when the respective movies didnt fare well. SOK had pretty good sales even before the movie's release and New york/Munbe were talked about as hits. I can hardly think of any album of HJ that did well despite the movie's failure. Not that I look for commercial success personally but just to counter all those who haevily depend on the sales aspect to support HJ.

Vysar
7th November 2006, 11:38 PM
copycat sorry coffee chat w Harris

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/oct/22/89

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/oct/22/90

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/oct/22/91

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/oct/29/99

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/oct/29/100

Dragun
8th November 2006, 04:23 AM
Its easy to say that the cassette and CD sales of X film did well, but where are you getting this info?

rajdes
8th November 2006, 05:02 AM
vijay, I dont disagree on HJ - VV, Ghajini, TJ have all been massively disappointing but last year's Gharshana was pretty good even though it was a remake of Kakka Kakka, there were a couple of additions which were really good. I would give him a decent-sized rope for now atleast. But yeah, not much of the rope is left. And Leysa Leysa wasnt a hit movie but the music was pretty good and a success too, I believe. To a lesser extent, the same might be said of 12B and Samurai as well. But none of it is in recent times, yes.(to quote 2/3 movies where HJ had a hit but the movie failed). Again, not that I subscribe to commercial success etc. Thats on his current status.
On the quality vs cost, I did understand what you meant, and I did mention that "I probably understand what you mean,a nd probably concur, too" :-). Point is the way you made that statement, it looked like low cost implies low quality. That had to be questioned.Secondly, I still think sometimes, a common place rhythm isn't bad. Afterall, can we invent a rhythm for *each song*? Have even IR/ARR done it? Does IR have 4000 rhythms for his 4000+ songs. Does ARR have 700 rhythms for his 700+ songs?(numbers are approximate - please feel free to correct these numbers). I am sure you can quote yourself countless groups of songs from MSV/IR/ARR where they used the same rhythm as a previous song but still came up with a equally good song. So, I do think using a pre-existing rhythm, doesnt necessarily make a song bad. See the dichotomy - it does make the MD lazy and ordinary ,especially if the rhythm in question is something you havent invented, and infact, that constitutes the difference between MSV/IR/ARR and Dhina/D Iman/other-names-i-will-not-mention - but the song can still sound good. What about MFM, where they still come up with outstanding stuff(or atleast used to) without really extending the rhythm paradigm and sticking to rhythms probably even more primitive than the $100 KeyboardS? All this is from a logical perspective again and not in reference to HJ or VV.
Also, tell me whats the difference between using a $100 keyboard rhythm, and using a $1m commerically purchased loop?

"Do you know HJ much acclaimed Vaseegara was robbed from ARR's stock ? "
It is statements like the above(not made by vijay for those who didnt read earlier posts) one reek of ARR-Devotion, nee fanaticism - I am sure someone like Rahman who makes sure he gets proper credit/moolah for every single effort of his,wouldnt have let it go just like that if this had happened.
vijay, statements like this here is probably where jaiganes has problems - and I hope we can understand that without taking stands and then ridiculing each other. Such a statement has absolutely no basis/facts to stand upon and is as ridiculous as IR fanatics' hate-mail on ARR during the early years of this forum. I'd expect a Maddy to subscribe to such statements but not vijay - not that you endorsed it but I guess in the recent years, if a similar statement erupted from IR fans, you have a reputation of tearing the concerned person down so not doing it for ARR fans definitely gives thoughts if you see what I mean - not that you need to appear impartial or unbiased , I dont think anyone even needs to be unbiased or impartial - but I am just explaining where the stands and perceptions here seem to come from as I see it.

MADDY
8th November 2006, 09:06 AM
"Do you know HJ much acclaimed Vaseegara was robbed from ARR's stock ? "
It is statements like the above(not made by vijay for those who didnt read earlier posts) one reek of ARR-Devotion, nee fanaticism -I am sure someone like Rahman who makes sure he gets proper credit/moolah for every single effort of his,wouldnt have let it go just like that if this had happened.

I'd expect a Maddy to subscribe to such statements but not vijay - not that you endorsed it but I guess in the recent years, if a similar statement erupted from IR fans, you have a reputation of tearing the concerned person down so not doing it for ARR fans definitely gives thoughts if you see what I mean - not that you need to appear impartial or unbiased , I dont think anyone even needs to be unbiased or impartial - but I am just explaining where the stands and perceptions here seem to come from as I see it.

rajdes, i strongly object to both observations made on ARR and me........at a point of time in 90's in HFM , there were 7 versions of Muqabla and u know wat was ARR's reaction to it??? he said he has complained to some music forum headed by some Rashid......so ur statement that ARR makes sure he gets money for everything he does is totally unjustified......now dont rebut saying, "no Maddy u got it wrong,this and that".....i'm not a small kid as u think and i'm not a fool.......if u want i'll give u my credentials which are no way a loosu payyan's........

"I'd expect a Maddy to subscribe to such statements but not vijay" - really hurt me........just out of respect for you, i'm controlling myself......

Vijay, i'm really sorry.......my proclaimation that u r a neutral guy has evoked so much of reaction and ppl. have started reviewing u.......i really apologise for all those statements made abt u bcos of my mistake.....

Scale
8th November 2006, 10:39 AM
rajdes, ARR's WOHE tracks were ripped in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu Godknows.... in several Songs, BGMS, Teasers and even TV serials :banghead: Released by Sony? What did Rahman or Sony get? :roll: ARR's kitterndhu suttadha list pota it would run into volumes. venda vitrungha! And that Vaseegara's robbery is confirmed by a HCIR fan here tho there were authenticated <rumours> sources pointing it out b4. We never took it serious b4 and not even now. ARR-fans have watched HJ closely better than any ordinary listeners.

Now tell me in what way ARR/MR prodn gets compensated for HJ's atrocious lift in Sainikodu (Telugu)?

Maddy, tracked both of them here :lol: :rotfl: What's with Indian Copyright Laws? (http://arrahmaniac.blogspot.com/2005/12/whats-with-indian-copyrigh_113360645626850299.html)

vijayr
8th November 2006, 10:48 AM
rajdes, I have acknowledged the success HJ had in his earlier years. Iam not sure how big of a hit 12B or Leysa Leysa were but personally I liked a couple of songs in each. But Rahman has had a long history of such albums that werent done justice by the films for jokers like Kadhir and so on. And that trend has continued in even recent times, even when the overall sales seems to be down due to various factors in the audio industry. Whereas HJ has started depending more on the outcome of the movie to bail him out.

On using same rhythm or a pre-existing rhythm , it might or might not make a song "bad", which is subjective. But if someone comes and praises those songs and specifically says that the rhythm was good in them, then I'll disagree. (I have done the same with IR songs too earlier when I found the rhythm usage repetitive)
Thats what happened when jaiganes specifically mentioned the rhythm as one of the highlights of that HJ song,when it clearly wasnt for me. Rhythm was just one of the many lowlights of that song for me. He could have just said that he liked the song overall but he specifically pointed out the rthym aspect, which IMO, was trite.

"Also, tell me whats the difference between using a $100 keyboard rhythm, and using a $1m commerically purchased loop? "

Iam not sure why you are even asking me this question, if you understood my earlier posts. I said HJ used something which comes as a demo piece/add-on along with a cheap keyboard. In the sense,he used something that was quite trite or commonplace.
But to answer your question,If he had used a $1m loop,even though he wont get points for originality,at the least he would have tried to use something that was out of the ordinary or different for the song,even if he couldnt think of it himself.
Also, it does take atleast some knowledge on his part to use those sophisticated loops effectively. But here he committed a double crime-not only he used something that is already available,but he also used something that is primitive and has been used several hundred times before.
Its not that using a $100 keyboard sound is a crime per se(and thats also not what I meant earlier),but if you can use that and still come up with an imaginative piece then more power to you.

"vijay, statements like this here is probably where jaiganes has problems - and I hope we can understand that without taking stands and then ridiculing each other."

I didnt read most of that. Jaiganes had a bigger problem with my comments on the song and thats what I responded to. I dont necessarily read every post. Beyond a certain point you know which posts to choose and respond to.

"not that you endorsed it but I guess in the recent years, if a similar statement erupted from IR fans, you have a reputation of tearing the concerned person down so not doing it for ARR fans definitely gives thoughts if you see what I mean - not that you need to appear impartial or unbiased , I dont think anyone even needs to be unbiased or impartial - but I am just explaining where the stands and perceptions here seem to come from as I see it."

Come on rajdes, I dont give a damn to someone else's perceptions/opinions of whether Iam a "Neutral" or a "biased" fan. Have better things to do in life. Also, as far as I know I dont have any reputation of going after IR fans and tearing them down too, neeyave yedhaavadhu keLappi vidaadha :-) Maybe a few IR fans(including you) think that way since you have been around those threads a lot. There were a few arguments I had with them on a couple of topics I felt strongly about sometime back, thats all. You make it sound like as if I read every post of rajasaranam or other HCIRFs and go after them all the time. Not the case. It depends on which topic I feel strongly about and worthy enough to debate. Not on the MD. This HJ discussion should be proof enough. I have had similiar comments regarding YSR's music too sometime back and it was the turn of some YSR fans then to assume that I was specifically targetting them and was part of the "ARR camp". These are all silly assumptions about which I dont give a damn.

vijayr
8th November 2006, 11:06 AM
Maddy ,I dont think you need to be sorry for anything.Just relax and chill out. I dont take most of these "reviews" on my neutrality or bias seriously.They are amusing to read most of the time and a good time-pass to argue about.

jaiganes
8th November 2006, 12:43 PM
Moderator's Note: Jaiganesh, we DO NOT condone personal abuse. Please edit your posts made above.
Please highlight the personal abuse texts and send me a PM, I will edit them as per your command!!

thamizhvaanan
8th November 2006, 12:52 PM
to take HJ as a serious topic for discussion, you have to assume that the stuff he is composing is music, which is preposterous IMO :confused2: seems that no one has subscribed to my views :ashamed: :oops: relax guys!!! :roll:

rajdes
8th November 2006, 02:06 PM
vijay, glad we are getting a clearer picture of where we stand. Comparing HJ and ARR is like comparing a dhoddabedda to Everest. At the same time, dhoddabedda has its own charms, and it need not have each and every charm of Everest to be enjoyed standalone. I am not a HJ fan, and my hard drive has what, like, 10-12 songs of his. I didnt even think Vaseegara was a good song, forget great.Like Bombay Jayashree mentioned somewhere, it is just an average but pleasant tune. I dont have to stand up for him but where I see a problem is you are criticising HJ at a different level compared to ARR fanatics, who probably want to imply that HJ is a parangimalai to ARR's everest, yet you are being used as a shield by those very fanatics. No frets, I know you dont care about any perception, and I stated as much in my previous post "not that you need to appear unbiased etc". It was merely an analysis of the existing situation.

Maddy, happy to know that you respect me. I generally refrain from drawing individuals into the discussion and am sorry that I had to make an exception here - I still havent seen any remote evidence that HJ lifted Vaseegara from ARR's stock. Muqabla issue is different - that song everyone knows is ARR's and when bollywood lifted it, even I could point out that "look, they have lifted muqabla" :-)
If you like to believe that Vaseegara is lifted on the basis of hearsay, I am sorry I'd have to label you along with the rest of the ARR fanatics. To give you credit, as I have mentioned before, I dont see you as a grade A fanatic but I do think if you refrain from those "revenge" acts( I am sure you know what I mean) of belittling IR/HJ/YSR/Bharadwaj/Whoever just because their fans bad-mouthed ARR at some point in the past, I'd have more respect for you.
In any case, dont fret. All that has happened here is rajdes believes that Maddy is capable of ARR fanaticism, if you read my statement closely. Are you unhappy about that? I bet not :-).

rajdes
8th November 2006, 02:40 PM
vijay, now we'll continue the discussion on the rhythm issue. I am glad that we agree on the rhythm making the song good or bad being subjective. The problem with taking exception to a common rhythm is that it presupposes knowledge of the said rhythm. I may not be a music expert but may have an ear for music and thus like a song along with its rhythm. That it was a done-to-death rhythm is lost on me, perhaps. In that case, subjectively atleast, the rhythm was good for the song. In this particular case, that might be what happened with Jaiganes. I really dont know if a $100-kb-rhythm is necessarily *tacky* without exception. I'll take your word for that - I think even you said that it need not always be tacky. Even conceding it was, I still think the rhythm was subjectively good for Jaiganes(and as you can see, most of TN laymen). I'd respect that.I have problems only if the rhythm is taking away from the song; if it totally screws up the listening experience of that song,that is. Hope you see what I mean

On loops vs rhythm, I'd have to disagree. It's not that I dont see your point. Using loops might be a higher skill than using KB rhythms but to me, I somehow cannot grade the 'crime' level and give different grades to these acts - let's leave it at that :-)

As I said, a serviceable rhythm might be okay if the song appeals in other respects to the user. And I may even call it good if it harmonizes with and does not detract from the listening experience of the song, even if it is trite. Thats just me.I can see that your deep knowledge of music doesnt allow you to do that :-)

Jaiganes, dont take this "neutral" label seriously. It doesnt mean a thing as vijay himself acknowledged. We are all biased in one way or the other. When someone says you are objective, he probably means that for that moment you supported his idol :-). Like they said "Diplomacy is not only the art of dividing the cake equally but also ensuring that each participant goes back thinking he got the biggest chunk". Chew on that :-)

rajdes
8th November 2006, 02:49 PM
Scale, I am tired of typing now but I am sorry, a HCIRF saying HJ copied from ARR without proof doesnt cut it for me. Let ARR say openly then we'll see. On Muqabla et al, ARR didnt need to say openly becuase to anyone with one ear in working condition it was obvious. Also, at that stage, he was a budding composer, especially in Bollywood and couldnt really take much action. Let the bollywood crappies try it now - and believe me, ARR will not let it go unpunished. And so he shouldn't. I dont know why my statement was taken as criticism of ARR. All I said was "ARR will not take crap from other composers who copy him". Which is exactly what a person of integrity and courage should do. You guys still have problems with that?

rajdes
8th November 2006, 02:54 PM
Maddy, to reiterate what I said to Scale, I believe that ARR should get compensated for all the copies from him. So should IR for those mid-90's A-M, AM lifts. Unlike IR, however, ARR has the business sense,PR machine, advisors and media support to go hammer and tongs after copiers, if he wishes to. And after his courageous stand on music rights recently, I believe he will definitely do that if required.

MADDY
8th November 2006, 06:42 PM
Unlike IR, however, ARR has the business sense,PR machine, advisors and media support to go hammer and tongs after copiers, if he wishes to. And after his courageous stand on music rights recently, I believe he will definitely do that if required.

again i dont agree with this......ARR has business sense???huh.....if he had some, he wud bought a flat in London during 99', composed left and right for Hollywood........that wud made him 10 times richer.........probably even i wanted him to do that.......he wud have been far better off rather than getting dragged in comparisons with IR's sons and a Harris Jeyaraj like now........

y wud u think UN made him their ambassador??? just bcos he had good business sense??? u know its like Reliance and Tata group in India....though both are great companies, ppl. respect Tata more.....why??? they both make money :huh: .....so ARR is like a Tata and not a Reliance....(sorry all those Reliance guys.....ironically i have worked for both these companies :lol: )

also, rajdes, i need to tell you, it was our RS who revealed to us that Vaseegara was from ARR's stock.......until then i had no clue abt this.......i do believe in a lot of stuff RS says.......so i thot this shuld have happened........thats it.......but i have hardly seen any ARR fan pressing for this in any thread..... :huh:

lastly, i'm a unabashed ARR fanatic.........but got to tell u that after ARR and IR, i listen primarily to HJ only.......i think this guy is capable of doing something that ARR hasnt........i didnt see 76' so its frustration that noone has been able to create that magic of 92 makes me go mad at these guys - YSR and HJ.....

Jacky
8th November 2006, 07:35 PM
As per ARR claims on Hindu, HJ worked with him for only 2 films. Well I don't know the probability of him stealing ARR's tune but if proved true it will be a bigger sham than Kamal's 500rs check to Dhanu for Aalavandhan audio rights. HJ did make a meal out of it!

vijayr
8th November 2006, 08:42 PM
" I am glad that we agree on the rhythm making the song good or bad being subjective. "

of course it is. As are most other discussions on why one likes/dislikes a song. idhula enna doubt?

But if someone specifically points out the rhythm and say its good or imaginative, I'll disagree. I'll say that its commonplace and has already been used before. So its neither innovative nor imaginative. That part of it isnt completely subjective you know. If you treat the rhythm pattern as a separate entity(like tune, orchestration etc.) then HJ gets a 0 on 10 for that song.

But if they argue saying that even that commomnplace rhythm fits the songs well, then it becomes subjective and I'll just disagree which is what I did earlier.

app_engine
8th November 2006, 10:11 PM
vasanth,
May be it's another song and not the DGS Dhinakaran theme...

And it's a well known fact that HJ indulges in copying devotionals...one popular xmas number got suttufied to `yEdhO ondRu, yEdhO ondRu unnaikkEtpEn'...

rajdes
9th November 2006, 08:01 AM
vijay, twice I posted in reply and realised that I had lost it since I hadnt logged in. Guess it'll take sometime to gain enthu to retype the whole thing again. Till then, lets put this to rest.

k_vanan
9th November 2006, 08:51 AM
i feel Vijay Anthony will growing composer above HJ because his music so catchy to attract most people. i am Malaysian, my office colleague all malay and chinese, whenever i play GF, Kalvanin Kathali and Dishum songs they only enjoy 2 songs thats Dailamo and Boomiku velichumellam and they liked.

imsai
9th November 2006, 09:33 AM
I played GF, Dishum, VV, Vallavan, other vishunu film Bharath and Arya starring--to my chinese, black, white, north indian, russian, african, phillipino and tamil friends

They liked Ilamai and Innisai

dinesh2002
9th November 2006, 11:46 AM
guess what? today a chinese fren of mine...was singging Munbe Vaa yen anbe vaa....coz my another indian fren taught her how to sing... and she kept on singging the song all day...even to my Malay teachers... haha! :lol: she is so addicted to the tune [imagine,she is singging it without listenin to the ACTUAL SONG actually...and she requested me to let her hear the song... will be sending her the song later] .... and ofcource,the other indian gal too taught her Partha Mudhal Naal...she sang few lines but she insist on us teaching her the Munbe Va only!! :wink: cool huh!!!! now my whole class knows Munbe va...thanks to her!!! hahaha
[ note: only 4 indians in my class,the rest 19 are chinese & malays]!!! 8-)

MADDY
9th November 2006, 08:02 PM
guess what? today a chinese fren of mine...was singging Munbe Vaa yen anbe vaa....coz my another indian fren taught her how to sing... and she kept on singging the song all day...even to my Malay teachers...

it may sound very funny for other MD fans and neutral guys( no i'm not telling who it is :lol: ) but its true that ARR;s music has a great effect on foreigners........i have seen Englishmen,Pakistani,American,Chinese all posting in ARR-yahoo group......ok enuf of disgression...... (Dinesh, btw, Un chinese frndoda enakku oru intro kidaikuma?? :lol: .....Rahman musica discuss panna dhaan....)

Ramakrishna
9th November 2006, 08:14 PM
(Dinesh, btw, Un chinese frndoda enakku oru intro kidaikuma?? :lol: .....Rahman musica discuss panna dhaan....)

Tamilliye discuss panlaamnu ninaikiraen :wink:

kb
9th November 2006, 09:21 PM
bangladesh's are more popular with ARR song..

when my friends started playing anbe aaruyire song from ah aah.. after a few second they told isnt it ARR :shock:

Ramakrishna
9th November 2006, 09:35 PM
Ithukku peru thaana Harris Jeyaraj thread-u :roll: :lol2:

MADDY
9th November 2006, 11:55 PM

do something similar and revive YSR threads which are in far worse condition..... :lol:

m_23_bayarea
10th November 2006, 07:00 AM

do something similar and revive YSR threads which are in far worse condition..... :lol:

Maddy, Harris rocksss !!!! :P :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
10th November 2006, 10:52 AM
I played GF, Dishum, VV, Vallavan, other vishunu film Bharath and Arya starring--to my chinese, black, white, north indian, russian, african, phillipino and tamil friends

They liked Ilamai and Innisaii play sok songs in my office,all senegal,ghana,vietnam,afghanisthan like the songs :lol: :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
10th November 2006, 05:12 PM
hahahaha...maddy...enna??? tackle panna pakariya ??? ;) ;) :lol:

i asked her bout the song today..she said it was very nice & slow melody.... whereelse Partha mudhal naal had that "marching band" beat.... :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
10th November 2006, 05:14 PM
wut happened to Harris fans??? i heard many HJ albums r coming soon...with 2 albums to release mid Nov.... July Katre & Pachakili .... and Bheema in mid Dec rite ??? HJ fans...be active!!!

rsubras
10th November 2006, 08:47 PM
July Kaatre could be like SOK (even the tunes might be like SOK :))

i expect more from Pachaikili muthucharam to see how HJ scores for sarath

Vysar
10th November 2006, 10:49 PM
Harris coffee chat concludes

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/nov/05/109

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/nov/05/110

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/nov/05/111

A.ANAND
11th November 2006, 08:17 AM
Harris coffee chat concludes

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/nov/05/109

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/nov/05/110

http://www.dinakaran.com/dncgibin/kungumam.asp?imge=2006/nov/05/111ennthan sollavararu innuonnum puriyala :roll: recenta sun tv deepavali interviewla kuda enna sollaru' innu onnum puryala,romba ollaral :lol: simple question ketta sikiram tension agiraru :confused2: whats happen harris!!!

dinesh2002
16th November 2006, 06:24 PM
hmmm...is it me or does a BGM in VV sounds so close to Robbery theme from Thiruda Thiruda???? !!! :huh: :confused2:

sloshed
17th November 2006, 01:15 AM
Dinesh .. what a question...????
Off course its U ....!!!!!

sloshed
17th November 2006, 01:16 AM
Gwad... seems like i missed a lot of discussion.. here.... some good points... some laughs.... darnnnn i hate my job...

MADDY
17th November 2006, 02:35 AM
hmmm...is it me or does a BGM in VV sounds so close to Robbery theme from Thiruda Thiruda???? !!! :huh: :confused2:

even if its same, ppl. dont mind......y bother......infact VV's BGM got a thumbs up from all Kamal fans nad it was ARR's BGM which got a thumbs down for Varalaaru..... :cry:

btw, VV had pretty mediocre BGM, didnt listen to any exciting stuff like the train robbery theme........

sloshed
17th November 2006, 02:51 AM
Maddy,
I am suprised at your choice of words ... "pretty mediocre" .... None of the reviewers mentioned it was glaring...loud..garish.... nor to my knowledge anybody praising the BGM to the hilt.... I think it didnt hurt the film.. or put it this way even the best part is the BGM didnt distract the viewers.....
I havent watched Varalaaru so cant comment on it... But I thought ARR didnt do the BGM for the movie....

Anywayz... have you heard the BGM of Vandi Cholai Chinnarsu... If you have .. will be interesting to see ur choice of words...

MADDY
17th November 2006, 03:37 AM
Anywayz... have you heard the BGM of Vandi Cholai Chinnarsu... If you have .. will be interesting to see ur choice of words...

Vandicholai chinrasu got the BGM it deserved........ARR is a directors man, he gives what director wants and what director is capable of extracting from him....

sloshed
17th November 2006, 03:56 AM
:ARR is a directors man, he gives what director wants and what director is capable of extracting from him...."

I wonder if every music director can put this (about them) in their business cards.!!!!

Anywayz nice try!

buvana
17th November 2006, 05:08 AM
wut happened to Harris fans??? i heard many HJ albums r coming soon...with 2 albums to release mid Nov.... July Katre & Pachakili .... and Bheema in mid Dec rite ??? HJ fans...be active!!!

(July Katril) Unnale Unnale is the first expected directly to hit stands sans audio function, as was the case with 12 B and U Ketkumae. Pachai Kili audio could be delayed a bit.. not sure though !

ansa400
17th November 2006, 06:55 AM
Guess Unnale.. is worth looking forward 2,,coz Jeeva's previous 2 films had some gud music..not sure abt Pachaikili.. though.. BTW what kind of movie is that? Love story or an action based one??

m_23_bayarea
17th November 2006, 07:42 AM

No it's not !!! Gurunaathar fans should stop teasing HARRIS !!! :oops: :cry: :oops:

dinesh2002
17th November 2006, 02:33 PM
no ,seriously.... it comes most the part....lemme be more specific....hmm...during the ending of the movie, wherer Kamal chases the crook on the bike.....

Unnale Unnale excites me as i seriously enjoyed album from the combo...12b... :D

njv
19th November 2006, 09:15 PM
Guys, in Sayanikudu (telugu), HJ tried a song similar to Chayya Chayya, but eventually totally copied that song. Shame on HJ.

In the same movie, he also copied the interludes from some old MSV song (forgot hte song name now). I thought its going to be some remix version, but nothing to do with rest of hte song, he just used it to give a dappanguthu feel.

HJ, change your toner, you are copying a lot these days!!!

Music4Ever
19th November 2006, 11:55 PM
I have to write a few words on the number Neruppae sikki mukki neruppae from Vettayadu Velayadu. I was encouraged to listen to this number by a couple of student girls that my wife and me know quite well and who started going ga ga over the number as soon as it appeared in the movie (while watching as a group the DVD). Incidentally, I have always wondered about Harris's knack (regarding his songs, that is) of appealing to young girls more than boys, although I may be totally wrong in my observation. Girls seem to instantly like his catchy and well packaged numbers, and this observation is based on more than two of that ilk.

Anyway, I listened to the song closely and must say that it is quite an impressive number.

thumburu
20th November 2006, 04:46 PM
From whatever the source, it was only THAT tonga rythm and Thamarai's lyrics which made me listen to that nursery rhyme of a song atleast a couple of times. Thamarai's speciality is in capturing the sweet nothings in a man-woman relationship is quite refreshing from a woman's POV after hearing all those cliches from a male kavingyar. Among the recent "Newyork" based songs, HJ's "manjaL veyil" seems to be more alluring than ARR's monotonous sounding SOK song . The picturization and Thamarai's words again were great value addition. Kamal's unaffected walk at the end of the song deserves special mention

vijayr
20th November 2006, 08:59 PM
Thamarai's lyrics is probably the only major value addition to those songs. Vizhalukku iraitha neer.

A.ANAND
24th November 2006, 07:03 PM
manjal veyil is another carbon copy from alaipayuthey movie song'enndenrum punnagai'

sloshed
24th November 2006, 09:50 PM
hmmm ... how I miss this thread now....????

kool to see people back throwing bricks..... Funny you guyz cant stop him being numero Uno in Tamil....

ANAND ... nice try mate.....anyone ???
HJ is the most hippest MD we have right now there..... His packaging has no peers ..... My musics system loves him dear....

Vijayr ...salute you mate... you gave him the best compliment so far.... his music becomes a hit only after movie releases... precisely what an MD needs to hear....!!!! HJ is certainly not an ARR and certainly more not an ALBUM composer either.!!!

Nursery Ryhmes ??? hmmm wonder if you guyz can stop any lower!!

Riyas_05
25th November 2006, 02:57 PM
Will "pachaikili muthucharam" audio release in november.

Renault
25th November 2006, 03:23 PM
Sloshed.. u have compiled the facts well.. his overall packaging of songs is excellent and that compromises for his lack of natutal talent.

Riyas_05
30th November 2006, 01:27 PM
The trailer is out in SIFY MAX.

MADDY
1st December 2006, 11:39 AM
It so happens HJ/YSR/ARR are still in the same playing field..(IR is def not.. I think he should be happy with what Bala and Kamal are offering him) and sadly ARR isnt producing any superior quality of music in Tamil anymore to distinguish from the playing field.... comparisons become inevitable...

sloshed, as always ARR's sound is so different from others.......tell me SOK wasnt different?? RDB wasnt different?? even Innisai was totally different......ARR- good or bad stays unique.....yes, definitely, ARR is lacking when it comes to popular tunes bcos of too much experimentation......but quality of music - still ARR is the champ when it comes to quality.....

Maddy ...I am suprised you mentioned 'earth-shattering' songs... I mean what are they ? .. if I am right I can define those songs which became ' an anthem ' for a limited time..... in recent years
Oh podu..... appadi podu.... althotta bhupathi ...vala meenu..suttum vizhi .... snehithane..
and these certainly need not be about quality....

If earth shattering songs need to be about quality .. it never reaches people... to my limited knowledge of music.. the mother of all earth shattering songs in the recent years should have been 'Poo Poothathu' from MX ...I JUST cant find a flaw in that song...or any other song coming closer to the level of that compostion ...what happened to that song... 90% of TN .. doesnt know the song exists....

or take ARR's 'thee kuruvi' from KKS.... amazing innovation and creatvity...beautifully constructed.. status: 75% of TN will ask "what? who? "

I think people songs that are easy to lipsync...simple tunes...when they feel like singing...

So its become horses for courses... and HJ is doing that fine.. I think his Kakka Kakka was an excellent album .. gave exactly the film needed.. Yuvan beautifully did that in RAM/7G ... To me I would conclude that he lacks natural talent or he is masking things.... He is the same guy who stood out with 'Vaseeegra' during the ARR era...just like ARR stood out with 'chinna chinna Aasai' in IR era...and he is also the same guy who composed ..'Dil Ko Tumse pyaar hua' in RHTDM .. if you tell me now that song doesnt have quality .. I cant argue more....

sloshed, u r very clever in diverting/confusing the arguement......when i argued that HJ is not giving quality songs - u said, HJ's songs are more popular than ARR........so when i say HJ's songs are not as big hits as ARR's in the 90's then u say HJ has given quality music during ARR's era.....u decide first - whether HJ is a popular MD or a quality MD - whatever he is - ARR has achieved more than him in both fields......thats where my point comes - wats so special abt HJ??? wat unique has he done from ARR or bettered him??? he is doing wat ARR did in his early days and infact with a lesser impact......when u compare IR and ARR - there was a sea of difference......ARR was so different from IR.......HJ definitely lacks in this dept.....

ARR wants to do something that pleases him and his fans understand it.......i guess its high time we put ARR out of this cat race between YSR/HJ/VS.......infact with success of Varalaaru and SOK(audio), he has proved that he is capable of mass hits in BO and class hits..........so i guess, he should be taken out of this equation......

rajasaranam
1st December 2006, 12:04 PM
Dinesh,
First three years of Raaja
http://www.rakkamma.com/films.phtml?year=1976
http://www.rakkamma.com/films.phtml?year=1977
http://www.rakkamma.com/films.phtml?year=1978
May be you are too young to recognize some of the movies there. It was the first 3 to 5 years that Raaja was on a killing spree to establish himself composing many classics that stood the test of time. apart from this he was into telugu, kannada and malyalam industry too providing more classic works unparalleled by any composer :)

kb
1st December 2006, 12:18 PM
HJ did a bad job in sainikudu BGM :( :(

all english beats.. mortal combat,pirates of carribean.. songs did not even click with screen :roll:

dinesh2002
1st December 2006, 01:39 PM
Dinesh,
First three years of Raaja
http://www.rakkamma.com/films.phtml?year=1976
http://www.rakkamma.com/films.phtml?year=1977
http://www.rakkamma.com/films.phtml?year=1978
May be you are too young to recognize some of the movies there. It was the first 3 to 5 years that Raaja was on a killing spree to establish himself composing many classics that stood the test of time. apart from this he was into telugu, kannada and malyalam industry too providing more classic works unparalleled by any composer :)

RS,ur talking about number of films he composed,i mean the fame...the fact i was actually mentioning was ROJA made the WHOLE india,whether its Kannada,Telugu,Hindi or Malayalam,it made the WHOLE INDIA turn and look at ARR... ;)

dinesh2002
1st December 2006, 01:44 PM
HJ did a bad job in sainikudu BGM :( :(

all english beats.. mortal combat,pirates of carribean.. songs did not even click with screen :roll:

ohhh... but normally HJ movies will only have decent BGMs...HJ isnt a master at that stage yet... even the bgms that many was raving about [VV]....it had just a very average bgm...

newayz,i like the song by Shreya Goshal...Sogaschudoo?? something like that... very catchy & beautiful...hmm..the funny part is,my fren compared this track wit Meenaxi's Yeh Rishta to make it sound superior... :roll:

ajaybaskar
1st December 2006, 02:56 PM
HJ's latest sainikudu has turned out to b a BO failure..

rajasaranam
1st December 2006, 05:18 PM
RS,ur talking about number of films he composed,i mean the fame...the fact i was actually mentioning was ROJA made the WHOLE india,whether its Kannada,Telugu,Hindi or Malayalam,it made the WHOLE INDIA turn and look at ARR... ;)

Dinesh,
I think we were discussing about classics not fame. If then the whole discussion comes to an end that HJ is delivering more hits than ARR in recent years and he seems to be more famous pertaining to TFM as of now.

sibicalls
3rd December 2006, 09:26 AM
Rajasaranam,
ARR is still the most famous MD in Tamil. He leads the vijay tv peoples poll by a large margin. ARR's speciality is that he writes class music with gud mass appeal. Ofcourse music in Bose, Meenaxi went unnoticed .But mainly because of Lack of publicity. Take SOK, It still heads the Radio mirchi coutdown, inspite of the film being a Flop thanx to proper publicity given to the movie. Fame or Class ARR rules

Hulkster
3rd December 2006, 10:18 AM
Rajasaranam...why bother talking abt ARR's career...he is a true talent and has shown his mastery of electronica or the keyboard in film music....while IR was WCM ARR is electronica..lets leave it here....what we should be talking about is HJ,YSR and the current lot..ARR and IR have gone way too ahead to be discussed.

At that time IR would not have had the hindi media turning on him as HFM themselves were on a high with naushad ali and co.....but when ARR took over the HFM were down and when someone introduces a totally different genre and that too of electronica whose most famous composer is vangelis it will really turn heads. Thats how you can compare both their starts.

Now lets stop with these two..both are proven musicians not developing musicians to still be talked about...talk about others please :D

MADDY
3rd December 2006, 11:44 PM
At that time IR would not have had the hindi media turning on him as HFM themselves were on a high with naushad ali and co.....but when ARR took over the HFM were down and when someone introduces a totally different genre and that too of electronica whose most famous composer is vangelis it will really turn heads. Thats how you can compare both their starts.

Naushad ali in 1976??? good try Hulk.....he gave 5 films in 76-92 period.......

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006210/

that doesnt belittle ARR's achievement of ruling HFM in 90's........it was a monumental achievement..........u cant belittle it by saying HFM was very weak in 90's which made ARR's rule easy......if u look at it, HFM was the weakest in 80's.........with RDBurman literally dying......IR could have very well walked away with Laurels.......nobody stopped him........i think i've had enuf of such "uppukku chappan" reasons for ARR's success - Globalisation, economic boom, :banghead: , north indians learning Tamil, Narasimha Rao (south indian) becoming PM in 91..... :argh: ....we are not begging ppl. to appreciate ARR.......we dont want this sympathy appreciation......Avaru engalakku great, adhu engalakku theriyum, ahdu podhum......

if it all ARR needs to credit his success to someone then it should be GOD and his fans......nobody else..... :D ........

Dragun
4th December 2006, 03:48 AM
Among the recent "Newyork" based songs, HJ's "manjaL veyil" seems to be more alluring than ARR's monotonous sounding SOK song . The picturization and Thamarai's words again were great value addition.

Oh, are you kidding man? NY Nagaram was way more creative and evocative in tune and orchestration than Manjal Veyil, which was nothing more than an average pop song. NYN made one feel the rush of people and traffic and subways.

Manjal Veyil had better picturization, though that is not HJ's doing, and even then it looked like the typical glitzy images of Manhattan. But it was better than the NY Nagaram slideshow.

Hulkster
4th December 2006, 05:47 AM
MADDY...naan yethu sonaalum yaen pa tappa ninaikuraenge...Naan ARR start pennum bothu IRoda mosama seithaar nu solluley...antha differencai sonnein avalavu thaan...that does not determine that ARR had a easy time while IR had a difficult time.....ARR pathi avarodeiya music pathi tappa pesinaal othukkuraen...summa avanga yeppadi start penaanga pathi oru chinna discussion sonna eppadi vanthu sollurungaley..cheh..enimel naan ARR pathi commentsey kodukka mattein..:wave:

MADDY
4th December 2006, 10:53 AM
MADDY...naan yethu sonaalum yaen pa tappa ninaikuraenge...Naan ARR start pennum bothu IRoda mosama seithaar nu solluley...antha differencai sonnein avalavu thaan...that does not determine that ARR had a easy time while IR had a difficult time.....ARR pathi avarodeiya music pathi tappa pesinaal othukkuraen...summa avanga yeppadi start penaanga pathi oru chinna discussion sonna eppadi vanthu sollurungaley..cheh..enimel naan ARR pathi commentsey kodukka mattein..:wave:

so u xpect me to keep quiet when u say HFM was weak when ARR took over?? sorry boss, i cant......i dunno y ppl. want to search reasons for someone's success.......IR was a phenomenal talent, which is y he ruled in 70's 80's and 90's.......ARR had god's grace and hardwork which made him superstar composer in 90's.......idha thavira endha reason sonnalum adhu gross misjudging of both these ppl's achievements.....

dinesh2002
4th December 2006, 12:53 PM
good news...in Harris website,they have given a promo...not sure which album...but here is the link...ive recorded & uploaded it for all HJ fans.....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AUJWLYEN

buvana
6th December 2006, 08:09 AM
GV Prakash has rendered a song in Unnale Unnale..

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEE20061130042050&Page=E&Title=Startrek&Topic=246

Shankar
6th December 2006, 10:26 AM
>>>>>>
Oh, are you kidding man? NY Nagaram was way more creative and evocative in tune and orchestration than Manjal Veyil, which was nothing more than an average pop song. NYN made one feel the rush of people and traffic and subways.

Manjal Veyil had better picturization, though that is not HJ's doing, and even then it looked like the typical glitzy images of Manhattan. But it was better than the NY Nagaram slideshow.
<<<<<

I dont have any comments on your felling of the rush of people etc. I didn't feel any. NY Nagaram is a good composition..nothing great about it (i won't call it the best song of SOK...That honor goes to the title song !)

ManjaL veyyil is a very different & good composition because it didn't follow the typical, pallavi-charaNam-pallavi-charaNam-pallavi format. The baking vocals were good...Picturization was better...Hariharan is a zillion times better than arr as a singer.

ajaybaskar
6th December 2006, 12:25 PM
When is unnale unnale audio releasing?

A.ANAND
8th December 2006, 05:26 PM
ManjaL veyyil is a very different & good composition because it didn't follow the typical, pallavi-charaNam-pallavi-charaNam-pallavi format. The baking vocals were good...Picturization was better...Hariharan is a zillion times better than arr as a singer.
romba alathikathinnga shankar :argh: manjal veyil mathiri rehman alaipayuthey moviela 'endenrum punnagai'songs erkanave neraya senjutharu atha motha therinjikko...vanthutaru periya p****pu mathirimathiri :hammer:

dinesh2002
8th December 2006, 10:43 PM
y on earth do u people compare 2 good songs ???? for my part..here it is.......

Manjal veyil is a very good song....catchy...yes...but its not new for ARR...that patern,pallavi-charaNam-pallavi-charaNam-pallavi .... ARR has broken them long time back...even IR has many numbers which doesnt have that patern..for ARR...one good example, Saregame - Boys during 2003... and the patern of Manjal veyil simply remind one of Endrendrum Punnagai - AP....... nevertheless,im a fan of Manjal veyil too...excellent Sax bit in the interlude....very haunting.....

NYN...on the other hand,wow...what a great song.... some peep find it boring & dull....y?? coz the song pretty much explains it....Surya is borring withouth Jo beside him in NY.... that shows ARR has hit the bullseye...... ;) ..... but nevertheless, it haunts u even after the song ends...esp the line " new york nagaram urangum........ thanimai thanimaiyooooo".. who can 4get the guitar bits....and the interludes...amazing........

and goodness....whom u need to tell that Hariharan is indeed a better singer than ARR???!! :? ...its obvious.... ARR is only part time singer......

Riyas_05
9th December 2006, 12:12 AM
Visit:
www.pachaikilimuthucharam.com

Scale
13th December 2006, 10:04 PM
Visit:

The prelude vocals sounds exactly the same as So Gaye Hein - Zubeida

http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/movie/H000273.html

Please check .

popeye11
14th December 2006, 12:20 AM
Scale, you are right ...Same tune

bulb_mani
14th December 2006, 12:23 AM
HArris is the best :thumbsup:

Awaiting his next album JULY KAATRIL alias UNALE UNALE :D

muzammil_fr
14th December 2006, 01:23 AM
Scale
guys r u really force, how u can find it, i understand how many times u heard arr songs, and find easly HJ tune, really cool man, and shame on hj Again, what to do man, leave him copy, he have in his head, to come arr place, only if i copy his music, i can come at his level, thats what he have in his head, let him try :p, but never he can reach his level and no one can reach his place.

dinesh2002
14th December 2006, 08:02 AM
Visit:

Please check .

no wonder that piece sounded so close to heart.... the simularity is almost the same... 8-) but i think the violin part in the theme is still something nice overall... miss this kinda stuff from ARR though..... :?

Music4Ever
14th December 2006, 08:06 AM
Oh, come on, that is only a small bit. The violin that follows is good. PKMC music will be definitely good. Minnale, Kaaka*2,VV and now this. The package master Harris will package well this time too. He is on good turf here -- expect him to come up with a winner.

MADDY
14th December 2006, 08:29 AM
Visit:

Please check .

no wonder that piece sounded so close to heart.... the simularity is almost the same... 8-) but i think the violin part in the theme is still something nice overall... miss this kinda stuff from ARR though..... :?

but again the beats that accompany violin bit is exactly same as Suttum vizhi and Paartha mudhal naale :evil: ......ayyo this guy cant give any new sounds???? and tell u what, the song with this beat will become the biggest hit of 2007......moonu varushama oru beat paattu thaan biggest hit aaganum-nnu thalai ezhuthu TFM-ukku..... :cry: .......

btw, Dinesh, i think ARR has long back graduated out of such stuff........ :cry:

dinesh2002
14th December 2006, 08:38 AM
Visit:

Please check .

but again the beats that accompany violin bit is exactly same as Suttum vizhi and Paartha mudhal naale :evil: ......ayyo this guy cant give any new sounds???? and tell u what, the song with this beat will become the biggest hit of 2007......moonu varushama oru beat paattu thaan biggest hit aaganum-nnu thalai ezhuthu TFM-ukku..... :cry: .......

btw, Dinesh, i think ARR has long back graduated out of such stuff........ :cry:

true maddy, but think about it...ARR composing in his typical 90s form.... it def would make everyone raise thier eyebrows & look 4ward to it.... but newayz, ARR has come out of that style and into another 1... :) though im happy with it... still missing that vintage ARR.... :( have to listen from the poochies in TFM just to not miss that style.....

on HJ and his beats.... ohh...that beat should be is luck...if not...i dunno what in Parthal Mudhal Naale is unique & beautiful... just a good song and nothing great...if u ask me...that song doesnt have any special feel that evokes me.... Uyirile from the same movie is 100 X better....

M4E, yea... but how long can we take more rehashes from him...sooner or later people will be fedup by this monotonous style from HJ .... master in packaging wont go further if he has no creativity......... lets see what in PKMC has HJ rehashed from ARR.....

Ramakrishna
14th December 2006, 12:16 PM
Harris :shock:

vasanth2006
14th December 2006, 03:40 PM
Unnale unnale album is releasing 2morrow.

reagan87
14th December 2006, 08:05 PM

How do u know ?

ursganesh
14th December 2006, 08:22 PM
Tomorrow Jeeva's (Dir.) new movie with Jeyam Ravi will go to floors.. could be on this ocassion Unnale audio is released. After 12B and U. Ketkumay, I am very eager for this audio !!

vasanth2006
15th December 2006, 12:14 PM

How do u know ?

Advertisements came in dailies. Today "unnale unnale" audio is releasing and jeeva's new movie is launching.

sureshmehcnit
15th December 2006, 12:45 PM
here is my opinion on Unnalae Unnalae

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/12/unnalae-unnalae-soundtrack.html

cadburyboy
15th December 2006, 05:21 PM
Visit:

Please check .

Hmmm..what shall i say about this???....listen it over n over, and you'll noe its diff from tempo till tune....
well, jus a small comparison to what scale has quoted..i think this would give a very clear picture:-

Listen to the song ANNAN ENNA from Dharmadurai, music by IR from 0.06s-0.12s,
http://media.putfile.com/Annan-Enna-Dharmadurai

and THEYIL VIZHUNTHE THENHA from Godfather(ARR), 0.01s-0.12s.....of course amazing tune by ARR and his voice simply elevating the song.It needS a special mention though its highly inspired by spanish songs....

Scale
15th December 2006, 06:46 PM
Oh, come on, that is only a small bit. The violin that follows is good. PKMC music will be definitely good.

small bit? :shock: :rotfl: Seams HJ earlier vuruvals from Arr needs to be flashed regularly.

Welcome Cadbury,
The similarity is not even 2 secs whereas HJ lift is obvious and he just replaced it with vocals on a slightly diff tempo. To tell you something, HJ needs a base(mostly arr) tune to develop any composition.

Thanks for the link, Awesome! :notworthy:

cadburyboy
16th December 2006, 12:13 AM
Oh, come on, that is only a small bit. The violin that follows is good. PKMC music will be definitely good.

small bit? :shock: :rotfl: Seams HJ earlier vuruvals from Arr needs to be flashed regularly.

Welcome Cadbury,
The similarity is not even 2 secs whereas HJ lift is obvious and he just replaced it with vocals on a slightly diff tempo. To tell you something, HJ needs a base(mostly arr) tune to develop any composition.

Haha....u guys will neve agree...wel, sum1 once posted that:
Of course this is a case of Rahman copying, so of course the usual
Rahman defenders will simply scream in his defense saying it is ONLY the raaga is common or some bullcrap like that. If this was Anu Malik who had made the same song, you would all be asking for a lawsuit & screaming "Murder!" (no pun intended..lol)

coming back to scale's baseless comment that the similarity of annan enna and theyil vizunthe song(the prelude) is not even 2sec, and claiming HJ's lift is obvious, i guess no point talkin bout it to some1's hearing skills more 2wards bias side.....

wel, its al bout the case of humming rite??????
try listening to these and justify........but again i noe what kind of comments will be out.........

1. Poo Malaiyil song from Ooty Varai Uravu. Check the humming part 0.07s-0.26s and compare it with Yedho Yedho song frm U20E18 humming from 0.21s-0.39s and 5.21s-5.40s. Subsequent style of singing has been influenced frm the humming of Poo Malaiyil song.
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000740.html

2. Naan Annai Ittal song frm Enga Vettu Pillai-check the humming from 4.32s-4.47s...Compare it with Anbae Anbae song humming from Jeans>0.16s-0.30s.........
http://media.putfile.com/EngaVeetuPillai-NaanAanaiyittal

Rahman seem to have his mentor MSV in his head everytime he composes a tune....looks like he cant get rid of Msv's touch even after establishing himself......More 2 come!!!!cheers

MrJudge
16th December 2006, 12:25 AM
Rahman seem to have his mentor MSV in his head everytime he composes a tune....looks like he cant get rid of Msv's touch even after establishing himself......More 2 come!!!!cheers

I have this doubt for long long time. I think he uses MSV's tunes to compose his new albums just like thottal poo malarum in A..AH. Sing old songs in different ways/pitches and use it for a new song?? Is it possible? Can anyone clarify?

dinesh2002
16th December 2006, 07:46 AM

Welcome Cadbury,

Haha....u guys will neve agree...wel, sum1 once posted that:
Of course this is a case of Rahman copying, so of course the usual
Rahman defenders will simply scream in his defense saying it is ONLY the raaga is common or some bullcrap like that. If this was Anu Malik who had made the same song, you would all be asking for a lawsuit & screaming "Murder!" (no pun intended..lol)

coming back to scale's baseless comment that the similarity of annan enna and theyil vizunthe song(the prelude) is not even 2sec, and claiming HJ's lift is obvious, i guess no point talkin bout it to some1's hearing skills more 2wards bias side.....

wel, its al bout the case of humming rite??????
try listening to these and justify........but again i noe what kind of comments will be out.........

1. Poo Malaiyil song from Ooty Varai Uravu. Check the humming part 0.07s-0.26s and compare it with Yedho Yedho song frm U20E18 humming from 0.21s-0.39s and 5.21s-5.40s. Subsequent style of singing has been influenced frm the humming of Poo Malaiyil song.
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000740.html

2. Naan Annai Ittal song frm Enga Vettu Pillai-check the humming from 4.32s-4.47s...Compare it with Anbae Anbae song humming from Jeans>0.16s-0.30s.........
http://media.putfile.com/EngaVeetuPillai-NaanAanaiyittal

ohh..hhahahahahahhahaaha....guys...i tell u now TFM HUB is gonna be damn active esp with this guy around.... :lol: he is hardcore HJ fan...thats y u can see him attacking ARR.... :twisted:

yo dude...... a message for u .... " A pot is calling a kettle black " im sure u got wut i meant....

on ARR beeing inspired by MSV, its undoubtly true...there r few compositions of ARR which was based on MSV's composition...but the number is very less....something like how YSR gets inspired by IR.... ohh...but HJ inspired/lifted ARR...gosh...that list is unbeatable.... :wink:

and cadbury boy...u dun wan me to give a perfect list on Hj's lift from ARR...every 20 secs or 5 secs just like u did for ARR....taangumaate pa...tangumaate... :lol:

cadburyboy
16th December 2006, 01:13 PM
HAHA.....EXPECTED COMMENT......"there r few compositions of ARR which was based on MSV's composition...but the number is very less"...hahahahahaha.......wel, its k la...ters nothing i can do 2 make u come back 2 real world....go on....njoy urself...bye

cadburyboy
16th December 2006, 01:28 PM
wel, th above three links that i have given are not to bash ARR...Its alwiz when i wanted 2 say sumtin, i've been labeled a ARR basher...
If u could justify the reason, that PKMC intro music humming and zubeida's So Gaye Hein are nothing to be compared. When u put urself as a hardcore ARR fan and listen, ul say YES, it has been lifted..same goes 2 me.If i put myself as a hardcore HJ fan and listen, i'll say ARR copy.....The 3 links are jus 2 show that comparison also can be made in line of PKMC and zubeida....tats al!!!! I neve say Hj has never lifted or copied or getting inspired by ARR...he did..as what i have posted earlier, its a chain of inspiration: MSV>IR>ARR>HJ,YSR,........its ter n wil be ter.....of course ego cannot be taken off easily rite....when we feel, we have been "attacked" surely we wana do the same thing....hmmmmm!!!!

dinesh2002
16th December 2006, 01:58 PM
haha...fren...ur mistaking me...HJ is 1 of my fav dir of Tamil... i enjoy his songs just as much... just to remind u,im ARR fan....not ARR Jaldra.... but the list u gave is something very very tiny to even bother... ARR never lifts an interlude wholely or even create a CLONE song of another song... u know wut i mean...something like SilluSiluku Silmishi - Chennai Kadhal = Alle Alle - Boys.... if his songs have simularity with another song,it lasts for only few secs & ARR will carry the song to another stage later on... a good example is " En Veethu Thothathil - Gentleman"...the 1st line is a carnatic song base [or religious song,correct me] but later on moves on to its own uniqueness.... this is where none of the current MDs r doing,they will either clone the song 100% or do a remix on it :roll: anywayz, welcome to hub.... :)

btw guys...back to the topic.... Unnale Unnale released??? i wanna hear the song by Madhushre... my fav singer :D!! how is it??!!

buvana
16th December 2006, 03:56 PM
Dinesh, Madhushree is singing for the first time for HJ.. even I am eager to hear her voice. Maybe after 2/3 days we may get the cds here in Sing/Malaysia. Not sure where to hear online as well...

dinesh2002
16th December 2006, 04:00 PM
Dinesh, Madhushree is singing for the first time for HJ.. even I am eager to hear her voice. Maybe after 2/3 days we may get the cds here in Sing/Malaysia. Not sure where to hear online as well...

yup...she is singging for the 1st time for harris.... even Sadhana Sargam is yet to sing for HJ rite ?!! newayz, im a fan of both the singers.... eager to listen to Madhushree non-arr in tamil songs again after Kokki...... :wink:

rashid2raj
16th December 2006, 05:44 PM
in Harrisjayaraj.com, there's written like this:

Harris tops charts with Bheemaa.

haha, songs ain't released yet, adhukkula topping the charts :?

bulb_mani
16th December 2006, 06:09 PM

Pokiri Songs kooda thaan release aaga munadiye they put up as MEGAHIT songs :lol2:

Its all publicity gimmick u see :wink:

Either way Harris Rulez :thumbsup:

rashid2raj
16th December 2006, 06:19 PM

Pokiri Songs kooda thaan release aaga munadiye they put up as MEGAHIT songs :lol2:

Yaa, ur right.. And yes, i'm looking forward to Unnale Unnale.. I've enjoyed HJ songs so far, though he ain't original.. :D

bulb_mani
16th December 2006, 06:37 PM

Yaa, ur right.. And yes, i'm looking forward to Unnale Unnale.. I've enjoyed HJ songs so far, though he ain't original.. :D

:evil: :cry2:

Unale Unale is supposed to have released yesterday ... mp3 is not available :?

Music4Ever
16th December 2006, 10:38 PM
Unnale Unnale is lurking at the moment, but as is typical of almost all Harris recent albums, the songs become a rage after the movie releases. It has also helped the cause of the "Master of Packaging", Harris, that the movies have been good hits. I read the review by Sureshmechnit and there are signs that this will happen with this album too.

Remember, young college girls love Harris [his music, that is ;-) ] and I suspect Unnale Unnale is a romantic theme, a typical Jeeva topic.

muzammil_fr
17th December 2006, 12:06 AM
just heard all songs
http://rapidshare.com/files/7753410/UU.zip.html

they are only simple, and guys songs all super rehash, i feel all songs heard before, nothing new like every albem, i have no intrest nowadays on hj music, HJ change ur music, if r u arr fan, do like him, find anything new.

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the songs muzammil :D Will post my review after listening to them

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 12:55 AM
r those sample songs??? All run less than 2 mins.. :?

All were :thumbsup:

cadburyboy
17th December 2006, 02:07 AM
muzammil......u change ur attitude 2wrds music..then can ask HJ 2 change his style

muzammil_fr
17th December 2006, 03:54 AM
Unmaye sonna Kopam varutha Cadburyboy, me i don't have good knowladge in english, as i am in france and know only french and tamil, english i have little, so as u told me i will learn then i will change :) anyway i can change, but hj never can his music poor boy and poor his fans.

muzammil_fr
17th December 2006, 05:44 AM
Here have full songs http://arrfans2.free.fr/forums/index.php?showtopic=15686

MADDY
17th December 2006, 10:04 AM
muzammil......u change ur attitude 2wrds music..then can ask HJ 2 change his style

wat muzammil has told wrong here??? HJ has to come out of ARR style then we can give credit to him.......

dinesh2002
17th December 2006, 10:07 AM
Unnale Unnale is lurking at the moment, but as is typical of almost all Harris recent albums, the songs become a rage after the movie releases. It has also helped the cause of the "Master of Packaging", Harris, that the movies have been good hits. I read the review by Sureshmechnit and there are signs that this will happen with this album too.

Remember, young college girls love Harris [his music, that is ;-) ] and I suspect Unnale Unnale is a romantic theme, a typical Jeeva topic.

then young college guys??? :lol: :lol:

so its Pokkiri Vs Unnale Unnale ?? ;)

newyz,yet to listen to the album yet...downloadin now only... wil be back after listenin...looking 4ward to the Madhushree's number... :D

MADDY
17th December 2006, 10:30 AM

college guys listen to what college girls listen to...... :lol:

ARR was never popular amongst college girls, still he ruled whole India for the entire decade of 90.......summa kaadhu kutthadhinga....... 8-) ....

and wats this "college girls" love HJ, "small kids love vijay" ??? :?

listened to mudhal naal - starts off like Roobaroo and the pallavi is like "uyirile (VV)"..... :banghead: .........but surely this or PKMC will be the biggest hit of 2007....... :wave:

inetk
17th December 2006, 10:33 AM
100 words on the music of Unnale Unnale!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 01:30 PM

newyz,yet to listen to the album yet...downloadin now only... wil be back after listenin...looking 4ward to the Madhushree's number... :D

Please dont compare local dandanaka daraka daka sappai music Harris's music :wink: :P

cadburyboy
17th December 2006, 02:22 PM
1.JUNE PONNA
-Fantastic rendation by Krish and Arun.A melodious number with a neat
lyrics..the opening sax make us feel like having a candle light dinner with someone special...someone pointed out that the techno
that comes in the beginning and at the background sounds like the
BLUES..Well, its usuall kind of techno where we can find similar techno in many composition..exp:YSR compositions.the sax piece that comes in between simply shifting the mood.Perfect interludes..the chorus part captivating the song..The spanish words has given a great momentum.The techno beat that comes most of the time is something
usuall in HJ composition.Anniyan and VV also has it.Guess the song must have captured some romantic places in Melbourne..You'll only get to feel the magic of this song after 2-3 listenings.....

2.HELLO MISS
-It starts of with loop beat and a great hummimg/vocal by GV.Prakash..A fast number and GV's voice takes the song to another
level..I guess some of u might be mistaken to the loop of this song..It has the same background beat as in the SHAKALAKA BABY
(MUDHALVAN) INTERLUDE..well, dun worry..its commercially available loop which arrhman and Hj have used it..Even before rahman has used
it, the same loop was used in Flight IC 408 by State of Bengal and in Aint Talkin Bout Dub by Appollo 440....The baby crying sound is
something different..Must see the picturisation...the choice of the background loop is perfect with the lyrics.Surely HJ has taken a great care.Anushka has entered with a nice tweaking beat...The chorus is like village kind of tune...something nice...At the end,HJ has tried to experiment with the techno where unusual Anushka voice comes in...Surely a song to captivate girls....

3.VAIGAASI NILAVE
-Nice to see Haricharan and Madhusree combo...A heart melting song..Well, the beginning only for few seconds, HJ has used the vengelis track chariots of fire opening to the opening of this song..Guess chariots of fire is Hj's favourite...its jus 2-3secs...The tune is original..A song in a kind of fusion with a
perfect classical touch. Im really lookin for some clasical song by HJ aft Iyenggaru Veetu(Anniyan)..HJ has proven he's the best at
interludes....must listen to this awesome interlude...what a score..the song bounces in the rhythm of fusion>classical>fusion>classical....superb....A pick of the albummmm...Madhusree has sung to her utmost...

4.MUDHAL NAAL
-A foot-tapping number which takes off with a guitar riff proving HJ's skills in guitar. A nice one after Padava Padava song guitar riff from Vetri...SOME1 HAS COMPARED IT WITH ROOBAROO AND LUKKA CHUPKI GUITAR RIFF FROM RANG DE BASANTHI...HAHA!!VERY FUNNY!!WHEN I POINTED OUT NEW YORK NAGARAM AND STARING AT THE SUN BY U2 HAVE THE SAME GUITAR RIFF, PPL JUMP ON ME...WEL, TATS NOT THE MATTER...GUITAR
RIFF IS A GUITAR RIFF..IT ALWIZ SOUNDS SIMILAR...Wel,its a nice peppy tune...KK, Shalini and Mahalakshimi have created
a wave here...Nice whistle interludes...A pop kind of song...nice genre by HJ..

5.ILLAMAI ULLASAM
-A bit song...Oh my god!!What a brilliant work by HJ...Nice arrangements.The texture is so "smooth" to listen..Hats off to HJ!!
The chorus is at the best giving a boost...sure to look forward after splendid Poopol Poopol bit...

6.UNNAALE UNNAALE
-Another splendid piece...nice short rap in between...A tango music
at the end...extraordinary...

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 02:27 PM
Cadbury any idea where to download the complete album ? :roll:

Wonderful review.... :clap: ..... Ilamai Ullasam and July Kaatril were my favourites :)

dinesh2002
17th December 2006, 02:38 PM
just heard 1 song....Madhushree's song... what a waste.... he didint use her voice maximumly....what a dissapointment for Madhushree's fans...... she didint create the MAGIC she alwiz does .... this song fades infront of her other Melodic numbers such as Mayilirage, Sandhaikozhi & Ding Dong.... :roll:

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 02:41 PM
just heard 1 song....Madhushree's song... what a waste.... he didint use her voice maximumly....what a dissapointment for Madhushree's fans...... she didint create the MAGIC she alwiz does .... this song fades infront of her other Melodic numbers such as Mayilirage, Sandhaikozhi & Ding Dong.... :roll:

:lol:

Her thamizh pronunciation is damn funny :oops:

The song is anyhow :thumbsup:

villan007
17th December 2006, 02:43 PM

Wonderful review.... :clap: ..... Ilamai Ullasam and July Kaatril were my favourites :)

tamilnapster.com 8-)

dinesh2002
17th December 2006, 02:46 PM

:lol:

Her thamizh pronunciation is damn funny :oops:

The song is anyhow :thumbsup:

yea... by far her worse pronounsation in tamil....it beats Sandhaikozhi - AE :lol: her tamil was bad there,but this....gosh....

And Mudhal Naal,sounds too close to Rubaroo - RDB.....and i dun mean the guitar bit,but the pause inbetween the song,the drums that accompany the song after the pause.....hmm....

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 02:48 PM

tamilnapster.com 8-)

THanks for giving link villan :notworthy:

cadburyboy
17th December 2006, 03:37 PM
Mudhal Naal,sounds too close to Rubaroo - RDB.....and i dun mean the guitar bit,but the pause inbetween the song,the drums that accompany the song after the pause.....hmm....[/quote]

Hahaha....sum serious prob....hahahaa.....wel, rubaroo was actually inspired frm INXS-Beautiful Girl....hehehehe

MADDY
17th December 2006, 03:48 PM
4.MUDHAL NAAL
-A foot-tapping number which takes off with a guitar riff proving HJ's skills in guitar. A nice one after Padava Padava song guitar riff from Vetri...SOME1 HAS COMPARED IT WITH ROOBAROO AND LUKKA CHUPKI GUITAR RIFF FROM RANG DE BASANTHI...HAHA!!VERY FUNNY!!WHEN I POINTED OUT NEW YORK NAGARAM AND STARING AT THE SUN BY U2 HAVE THE SAME GUITAR RIFF, PPL JUMP ON ME...WEL, TATS NOT THE MATTER...

well, leave out ARR here.......wat do u think abt this song's guitar riff??? is it similar to Roobaroo or not ??? If ARR copies then it doesent mean and justify HJ's copy......does it??

if sounding similar once or twice is ok, but not always as in the case of HJ.....ARR's NYN sounded similar to u2 number but how many songs of ARR sound similar to u2??? and compare that number with HJ's similarity to ARR's numbers, u'll get to know who ARR is and who HJ is.........

also, even if they are similar guitar riffs, why isnt that HJ does it first??? y is it always ARR does it and then after 6 months/ 1year HJ has to bring it???

i never knew that all guitar riffs are similar......i didnt find it similar to any Aerosmith's riffs...... :lol:

dinesh2002
17th December 2006, 03:50 PM
just fnished heard all the songs....few repeats done... and overall the album is SO-SO.... i had better experience listenin to Paturi Veeran VV songs... all the songs in Unnale2 Album sounds very monotonous & jaring.... simular beats among all the songs, Hello Miss has Shakalaka Baby beats, Mudhal Naal has Rubaroo's flavour...and goodness... is there really any other MALE singers in Unnale Unnale other than Karthik??? a huge doubt :P.... JK :P neways,these r the negative parts...

the positive part is that 2 songs sounded good...Unnale Unnale & Vaigasi Nilave....i liked HJ's new attempt in composing some few diff style in 1 song...a good example Vaigasi Nilave & Hello Miss.... picturisation will help more on the songs,knowing Jeeva..... ;)

btw...isnt Krish is the winner for the Channel V's talent hunt show, Super Singer which had ARR & Adnan Saami as the judges ?!

dinesh2002
17th December 2006, 03:55 PM
Mudhal Naal,sounds too close to Rubaroo - RDB.....and i dun mean the guitar bit,but the pause inbetween the song,the drums that accompany the song after the pause.....hmm....

Hahaha....sum serious prob....hahahaa.....wel, rubaroo was actually inspired frm INXS-Beautiful Girl....hehehehe[/quote]

well...then jumping on ARR...lets look the matter on ur way...tell me ur opinion on HJ copying ARR's song that ARR copied from others?? !! and trust me...Mudhal Naal sounds more like Rubaroo than beautiful gal.... ;) .....[/b]

MADDY
17th December 2006, 04:03 PM
Mudhal Naal,sounds too close to Rubaroo - RDB.....and i dun mean the guitar bit,but the pause inbetween the song,the drums that accompany the song after the pause.....hmm....

Hahaha....sum serious prob....hahahaa.....wel, rubaroo was actually inspired frm INXS-Beautiful Girl....hehehehe

well...then jumping on ARR...lets look the matter on ur way...tell me ur opinion on HJ copying ARR's song that ARR copied from others?? !! and trust me...Mudhal Naal sounds more like Rubaroo than beautiful gal.... ;) .....[/b][/quote]

haaha.....where does robaaroo sounds like Beautiful girl??? Cardburyman, y do have to accuse ARR when there is a finger pointed at HJ??? if ARR as done it, then its ok isnt it??? dont think only ARR fans accuse HJ here, all ppl like IR fans,MSV fans are also not happy abt HJ's copy leelaigal.... :lol:

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 04:14 PM
Unale Unale Album is :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

cadburyboy
17th December 2006, 04:24 PM
Oh my god maddy..ur comments r like teaching HJ how 2 play guitar....u cant justify it as a copy when the guitar riff is diff...its electric guitar la..(base)..when its set 2 certain scale, u might be hearing it similar...trust me...well, even strange kind of women has the same kind of riff...what can we do...dun be 2 bias on HJ...if u cant find any similarities between Aerosmith's lift the try listening Scorpion's guitar riff..make sure u take it the dirt in ur ears 1st so that u can find the similarities....

wel, tis is 2 dinesh...in the case of ARR, ul say its a loop..commercially available and so on...dont u noe that arr used the same loop as in Flight IC 408 BY State of Bengal and even in Aint talkin about dub to compose Shakalaka Baby????or simply wan hide the truth ha???dun la like this ha....so cheap of u....the loop has been effectively used by HJ for Hello Miss song...

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 04:27 PM
cadburyboy r ua HJ fan??? Me too :D

Even critics enjoy his music :wink:

Harris Rocks :thumbsup:

cadburyboy
17th December 2006, 04:43 PM
Welll....inspiration/copying has always been there and will be there forever...no doubt in it.One has 2 get some kind of input sometime in the case of composing a song...Every1 falls into that category...There r alwiz a reason why they has 2 copy or inspire from other sources...its baseless to throw stones at hj.....

simple comparison:
18 Vayathil-kadal konden(the opening)
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000468.html

Maramkothiye-Ah Ahh(the opening)
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000690.html

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 04:53 PM
Welll....inspiration/copying has always been there and will be there forever...no doubt in it.One has 2 get some kind of input sometime in the case of composing a song...Every1 falls into that category...There r alwiz a reason why they has 2 copy or inspire from other sources...its baseless to throw stones at hj.....

simple comparison:

:rotfl2:

:clap: :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
17th December 2006, 05:49 PM

simple comparison:

for this topic....bring it here :

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=826918#826918

come there & see a surprise for u that im gonna post soon ! :D

MADDY
17th December 2006, 06:22 PM
simple comparison:

well dude, i dont know whether u or me/dinesh have problems here?? :D ......that KK and AA loops are totally different......they are just beats set to same tempo........

Cadburyboy, the complaints that we have on HJ are not loop level......we know tat using same loops is not a copy.......we know that very well being ARR's fans.....my complaints on HJ:

1. y hasnt he bought a new sound to TFM like ARR did in 92??? when there was so much difference between IR and ARR, y isnt there so much difference between ARR and HJ sounds??

2. The resemblences are not just loops betn HJ and ARR, sometimes they are tunes as well.......tunes,arrangements - listen to "kannai katti kolladhe" from Iruvar and "love pannu" from 12b.....y the same beats and same trumpet bits in interludes?? now thats something irritating...

3. his songs are repetitive.........his songs always have a "already-heard-effect"........his rythms,arrangements, always seem to evoke same feel as his previous songs........

more importantly, dont take comments on HJ personal and to counter that dont make personal comments on us like clearing my ear dirt, calling dinesh cheap etc........ :D ......chillax, v r going to comment on HJ and not u, same way, i know u r going to comment on ARR and not us..... :D

baba88
17th December 2006, 06:40 PM
songs can heard at www.tamilmp3tracks.com

I don't like the songs.

cadburyboy
17th December 2006, 07:31 PM
Maddy i have never denied that HJ inspired/copied arr...What made me 2 post my comments is because of some unconsiderable post by some members.....wel, to start of with some1 claimed that HJ has stealed arr's tune...u know wat tune????its VASEEGARA..he said when arr wanted 2 take HJ to court, HJ paid arr 30-40lakhs(nt sure the figure) for that thing...what a crap indeed...i denied with a fact..if i dont have fact then i wouldnt have bothered 2post...wel,maniratnam in his interview once quoted that when he askd arr 2 compose a tune for a particular scene in alaipayuthey, he presented both snegithene and vaseegara tune...this is true...he said vaseegara was the tune HJ composed when arr askd him to compose 4 d same scene..but mani sir choosed snegithene tune..later when HJ parted with arr, he bagged minnale project...he contacted arr and askd the vaseegara to be used in minnale..arr said, its ur own work and u could have it...the rest is history...

In another interview by H.Sridhar, he said HJ has helped a lot in arr compositions..being a keyboard player and programmer, he was allowed to improvise on certain tunes..not only that, arr treat all his team as a composer and not simply some1 who plays the notes..he always encourage his team 2come up with something better or improvise the tune that he composes..if he satisfies, then he'l accept it..Even MD.Rafi who sang Jumbalakka song said he has helped rahman to compose a particular tune in En Swasa Katre..It was a radio interview on THR Raaga(Malaysia Tamil Radio Channel)..H.Sridhar also said that in Thiruda Thiruda, the Veerapandi Kottayile yodelling was HJ's idea to arr(this is not a created story but based on what i read)..im sure sum of u must have read it..the interview was published on Hindu.net...

so, when ppl bash HJ without knowing the truth, thats wer al started...i have nothing against arr as i ws his fan b4 HJ..till now i enjoy his songs..Coming back 2 HJ&ARR, one has 2 understand what is beat, what is programming in composing tunes, the capacity of a instrument and many other aspects...we can easily fine similarities with the beats...gud example:Ace of the base and telephone manipol...there r goin 2 b a lot if we compare everything...

On ur part saying kannai kathi kollathe song and love pannu song has the same trumpet in the interludes, i feel(of course its clear) its not the same...if u wan listen again frm 2.12s-2.29s(KKK) and 2.37s-2.52s(LP)...

On saying HJ repetitive, yes i agree...he sounds repetitive..he's not he is forced 2do so but he wants it in that way...He said it in the TV interview for Deepavali 3yrs back...again even ARR was also askd about his repetitiveness in Junior Vikatan:-
Q : When IR was in top of music indudtry., he did music for 4 or 5 films at a time., but he was able to show some variety in songs. none of his 2 songs released at same time will be similar. But u r doing only one film at a time, u take lot of time but the final result -- ??
almost of all ur works look similar! Why this happens ??

A : This may be due to the fact that i use same set of instruments in all songs with different combinations !

july
17th December 2006, 07:49 PM
Damn! everytime new HJ album out, must be some war going on here..
anyway i'm enjoying the song..
whoever want to fight keep on fight.. :hammer:
:arrow:

popeye11
17th December 2006, 09:41 PM
Unnale Unnale - A decent album

Mudhal Mudhalaha rocks!

Scale
17th December 2006, 10:06 PM
This is another blatant piece of lift from So Jaaon Mein - RKRathod Woh Lamhe for Vaigasi Nilave-UU. I came to know about this song from itwofs top 7 recent lists (http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2006/09/06/top-7-recent-listens-2/) turns to one of my alltime favs. Tabla beats is throughout the song and the charanam part is a ripoff. Please check

Damn!
SJM - Woh Lamhe
Ist Charanam Middle: Hota se Mere at 3.09 Sham Savere Tabla beat
http://ww.smashits.com/music/hindi-film/songs/5794/woh-lamhe.html

Vaigasi Nilave:
Ist Charanam Beg: Toor Vaanam ena at 2.00 Tabla beat is ditto

Same way:
IInd Charanam Middle: Tu Mujko Chaaho 4.42
IInd Charanam Beg: : Nool Aadai ena Tabla beat is ditto Mel Aadai ena

Let me listen to other tracks... [/u]

Music4Ever
17th December 2006, 10:32 PM
"In another interview by H.Sridhar, he said HJ has helped a lot in arr compositions..being a keyboard player and programmer, he was allowed to improvise on certain tunes.."

Interesting tidbit. ARR, however, claims that Harris worked with him for four albums only. Given that Harris worked in Mudhalvan, did his association with ARR stretch as far back as 1993?

Secondly, your above observation subtly hints that Harris might have been the innovator of several interludes in ARR albums. How about the following example?

Listen to the song Musthafa Musthafa (Kadhal Desam) from 3:58 to 4:18. The guitar bit. Now move over to the song Azhagiya Theeye (Minnale) from 1:41 to 1:55.

Both bits are uncannily similar. Do you have any knowledge whether Harris contributed to this number in kadhal desam?

MADDY
17th December 2006, 11:58 PM
Interesting tidbit. ARR, however, claims that Harris worked with him for four albums only. Given that Harris worked in Mudhalvan, did his association with ARR stretch as far back as 1993?

Secondly, your above observation subtly hints that Harris might have been the innovator of several interludes in ARR albums. How about the following example?

tis is rubbish.....ARR has proven beyond doubt that he has given better songs now than in 90s........where did 93 thing came here??? my uncle knows HJ thru a frnd and he was pretty jobless till 97 or 98 and used to frequent my uncle's frnds' shop........i'm sure he wasnt associated with ARR during those years......just like u cant believe that HJ stole ARR's vaseegara, we wont believe that HJ was architecht of many ARR's songs.......

Also, will u give credit to ARR for punnagai mannan, Agni natchithram scores to ARR bcos he was the addnl .programmer?? 8-)

cadbury, if u dont find similiraties betn Kannai katti kolladhe, Love pannu - then i guess our musical idelogies are totally different.....also, ARR has changed his sound a lot and innovated a lot during his initial days......
i havent seen a bombay theme yet from HJ or for that matter a duet or rangeela too in his first 3 years......also, he has not created earth quakes like Chikku bukku or Urvasi or a muqbla??

yes, we are talking abt a multiple oscar nominee, after all...... 8-)

cadburyboy
18th December 2006, 12:59 AM
[quote="Scale"]This is another blatant piece of lift from So Jaaon Mein - RKRathod Woh Lamhe for Vaigasi Nilave-UU. I came to know about this song from itwofs top 7 recent lists (http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2006/09/06/top-7-recent-listens-2/) turns to one of my alltime favs. Tabla beats is throughout the song and the charanam part is a ripoff. Please check

Damn!
SJM - Woh Lamhe

Vaigasi Nilave:

Same way:

Let me listen to other tracks... [/u][/quote

Oh..scale...The tabla beat is the prob rite?????wel, again another comparison:-
1.What about the tabla beat that comes throughout the song Kunnurupuchatti in Velai composed by YSR and Dolna song beat in Parasuram(Some might claim this ws composed far early)

2.What about Naadhavinu(Thirupugazh) and En veetu thoothatil....Both carnatic rite?????tabla beat us usual rite....

3.Vaanthin meethu(bu Ramalinga swamigal arutpa) and sowkyamaa kanne(sangamam)

4.This one is the another one(not tabla)...listen to Thump of Daud Mission impossible theme music....

5.Someone quoted about interludes...yes its same as kadal desam one....so, wat it is?????u should compare Amutha song interlude and Amelie movie tune...what a lift!!!!!

Music4Ever
18th December 2006, 04:35 AM
"Someone quoted about interludes...yes its same as kadal desam one....so, wat it is?????u should compare Amutha song interlude and Amelie movie tune...what a lift!!!!!"

You are asking "so what?" ?

This is significant because IF Harris was not the contributor of that bit but used it in one of his songs he certainly becomes culpable of lifting. Even more significant in light of this conclusion is that his admirers cannot anymore take refuge in the excuse that Harris worked with ARR and so contributed these bits, which he is reusing.

villan007
18th December 2006, 08:18 AM
June ponal and unnale unnale is gud to hear !

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 09:02 AM
"Someone quoted about interludes...yes its same as kadal desam one....so, wat it is?????u should compare Amutha song interlude and Amelie movie tune...what a lift!!!!!"

You are asking "so what?" ?

This is significant because IF Harris was not the contributor of that bit but used it in one of his songs he certainly becomes culpable of lifting. Even more significant in light of this conclusion is that his admirers cannot anymore take refuge in the excuse that Harris worked with ARR and so contributed these bits, which he is reusing.

omgoodness....how many times have this been discussed b4....

m4e, if we r gonna see that logic [ mustafa has the same interlude like azhagiya theeye] and ur crediting HJ that contributed that bit to ARR ... how would u explain the usage of Leo Coffe ad [1989] in Hj's Mudhal Kanave's charanam [2001] ?! ?! ?!

for wut ive known.... Hj had worked with more than 20 Mds for a time of 12 years ..... or was it 14 years...not sure.... but there u go! 8-) as far as i know, Hj was credited for Mudhalvane song [ Additional Programmer] ... did we miss any other ?!

u can see our Joshua's name in almost every album since 2001 untill 2003 as Additional Programmer...does this give u a hint?!! IF u did something for ARR, ur CREDITED !!! :wink:

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 09:03 AM
June ponal and unnale unnale is gud to hear !

for me is Vaigasi Nilave & Mudhal Naal.... 8-)

arsaregama
18th December 2006, 10:12 AM
the songs r good pa... they start with strings.. when we wonder its of rock genre he shows that he is amaetur by peeping into pop suddenly..these songs r more of a private album than amovie.. its good when heard individually but as a whole the mixture is bad..

Music4Ever
18th December 2006, 10:18 AM
Dinesh, I think you did not understand what I said. Simply stated, if, as agreed by cadbury, HJ lifted the guitar bit from Musthafa number, then he would do the same thing again and again.

Moving over to Unnale Unnale songs, they are good on first hearing. I think Harris has a winner here provided the movie also hits the bull's eye. More on it after I listen a few times. My first instinct is that the songs are going to rock.

Scale
18th December 2006, 10:29 AM
Cadburyboy,

It is not just the tabla beat alone the whole line(highlight of the song) itself a blatant lift. Thats why I have posted the lyrics as well. So Jaoon Mein is a great composition and the lift is intentional. Everytime HJ lifts a serious note and ends up in an amusing manner. It is not just you and me to form an opinion let others listen and decide. The two recent allegations which I posted proves it clearly.

"In another interview by H.Sridhar, he said HJ has helped a lot in arr compositions..being a keyboard player and programmer, he was allowed to improvise on certain tunes.."

In whose dreams? Yrs or HJ? This is a public forum and you need to post an authenticated source before you fabricate anything.

Secondly, your above observation subtly hints that Harris might have been the innovator of several interludes in ARR albums.

:omg: :rotfl: paavam ARR!!! ennale idha thaanga mudiyala :sad: :cry:

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 12:43 PM
yup cadbury...i would love to read that article about H.Sridhar with a believable source... thanks...

on Unnale Unnale.... i think the best song would be Vaigasi Nilave.... esp that line.... " Itho...Yennakaga virunthedhu itharr..... " which comes in the 1st & second charanam..... very additctive tune & tabla that backs up that tune...very soul stiring..... :) ....

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 12:46 PM
This is another blatant piece of lift from So Jaaon Mein - RKRathod Woh Lamhe for Vaigasi Nilave-UU. I came to know about this song from itwofs top 7 recent lists (http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2006/09/06/top-7-recent-listens-2/) turns to one of my alltime favs. Tabla beats is throughout the song and the charanam part is a ripoff. Please check

Damn!
SJM - Woh Lamhe

Vaigasi Nilave:

Same way:

Let me listen to other tracks... [/u]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

aiyo...just finished praised the song ....ippediya... HARRIS !!!! :banghead: Scale,u catch simularity between song damn fast ;) ;) !!

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 12:53 PM
anywayz.... M4E.... wut u mean is IF HJ contributed those certain bits & interludes for ARR , its ok for HJ to reuse it now again?! hmm...but what is the guarantee that THOSE BITS R ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTED by Hj ?? the list of his lift of interlude & bits from ARR is too much for even HJ to note down everybit what he contributed for ARR and plan to reuse it again... and the gap is really really long!!

a good example is Narumugaye [1997] second interlude & Iyengar Veetu [2005] second interlude.... aprox 8 years.... hmmm....

ok fine... y does he still does this even after he is out of ARR's camp ?? the list is still going on... :?

inetk
18th December 2006, 02:52 PM
Does anyone think June pona takes dollops of 'All rise' by Blue and Elton John? Largely inspired.