PDA

View Full Version : films becoming hit due to music

nilavupriyan
16th July 2005, 10:14 PM
here we can discuss about the films which became hits mainly due to music.i put it here becoz ilayaraja is the pioneer of that work.

MADDY
17th July 2005, 10:17 AM
Enga ooru paatukaran- such a dumb a$$ movie but made hit by the genius......

S.Balaji
17th July 2005, 01:26 PM
Dear Nilavupriyan,

If you want me to list such movies which became hit due to IR, take it from me as follows ;

1. Annakili
2. Kavikuyil
3. Chittukurivi
4. Poondhalir
5. Rosappoo ravikkaikaari
6. Mudhal Iravu
7. Kaatrinilay varum geetham
8. Azagay unnai aaradhikkiren

The list is endless my dear friend. You will also observe that most of such movies will be of Sivakumar. Yes, Sivakumar got a big lease of his life due to IR.

S.Balaji

nilavupriyan
17th July 2005, 01:28 PM
many mohan films too.they became silver jubilee fue to ilayaraja.

S.Balaji
17th July 2005, 01:33 PM
yes yes dear, I agree with you. Most of Mohan's movies were success courtesy IR.

Idhayakoil
Mella thirandhadhu kadavu ( with MSV )
Udaya geetham
Payanangal mudivathillai
Nenjathai killathey

Yes you are right

S.Balaji
17th July 2005, 05:00 PM
Dear Nilavupriyan,

I wish to add some more hits of IR and only through those songs, we can remember those old movies :

1. Edho ninaivugal - KJYesudas and Shailaja - Agal vilakku
2. Sreedevi en vazvil - Ilamaikolam
3. Devan thiruchabai malargalay - Avar ennakay sondham
4. Meenkodi theril manmadha raajan - Karumbu vil
5. Naan oru ponoviyam kanden ethilay - Kannil therium kadhaigal

The list is endless

MADDY
19th July 2005, 11:26 PM
can anyone post movies that bcame hit due to IR post 1992????just curious as i have the list for ARRahman.......

Rajasarnam(if u r there), pls i did not ask u...dunt bombard this page with the list of IR movies like eloctoral list..... :D

DirtyHarry83
20th July 2005, 12:01 AM
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me, what the last movie was, which had music by IR and lyrics by vairamuthu?

njv
20th July 2005, 02:08 AM
can anyone post movies that bcame hit due to IR post 1992????just curious as i have the list for ARRahman.......

Rajasarnam(if u r there), pls i did not ask u...dunt bombard this page with the list of IR movies like eloctoral list..... :D
Some of them I can think of.

Didnt include Kamal/Rajni movies

Avarampoo
Bharathan
Chembaruthi
Chinnavar
Deiva Vaaku
Meera
Nadodi Thendral
Pandiyan
Senthamizh Paatu
Aathma
Aranmanai Kili
Chinna Mapillai
Marupadiyum
Ponumani
Rajakumaran
Avatharam
Raasaiya
Siraichalai
Kadhalukku Mariyadhai
Sethu
Time
Barathi
Kannukkul Nilavu
Azhagi
Friends
Kasi
Ivan
Manasellam
Pithamagan
Vishwa Thulasi

MADDY
20th July 2005, 02:19 PM
time,ivan,vishwa thulasi - hits?????gr8 i nver knew that...... :D .......thnx njv for the list....well ARR has a very small list of hits then...

njv
20th July 2005, 03:27 PM
Okay, remove the music from time, ivan, vishwa thulasi - there is nothign in it. BTW they are all musical hits and certainly Viswa Thulasi.

I dont know why you want to pull ARR-IR again here. I can post 1000 posts justifying IR or ARR, but I am done with it.

Also, to appreciate all ARR fans who supported TIS, I will never speak a word against ARR, so you do whatever you want to do.

MADDY
20th July 2005, 04:59 PM
hey njv, i dunt want to start a IR-ARR war here, it's just i was curious......and i really never heard of many movies that were in ur list as i live in North India.......

chill mannn ARR really has a very small list of hit movies, wen i'm accepting that i dunt wats ur problem.........

and i asked u for the movies that went for 100 daysjust bcos of IR...never mind i'll get the list myself some time later.......

neways i havent heard TIS yet......in a dilemma whther to buy it or not........ :D

Scale
20th July 2005, 07:05 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

singara velane devaaaaaaaaaa,,,, list ketta singara velana de..e..vaaaaa...

Scale
20th July 2005, 07:08 PM
PREVIOUS POST DELETED.

MADDY
20th July 2005, 07:09 PM
:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

njv
20th July 2005, 07:22 PM
hey njv, i dunt want to start a IR-ARR war here, it's just i was curious......and i really never heard of many movies that were in ur list as i live in North India.......

chill mannn ARR really has a very small list of hit movies, wen i'm accepting that i dunt wats ur problem.........

and i asked u for the movies that went for 100 daysjust bcos of IR...never mind i'll get the list myself some time later.......

neways i havent heard TIS yet......in a dilemma whther to buy it or not........ :D
No ARR also has a big list. I will give you that little later.

Regarding movies that ran for 100 days just for IR, i cant think of anything, not just IR but in general any MDs (I mean in recent years, because in old days the movie isnothing but songs, so I cant comment on that).

If songs can run a movie for 100 days, Kankalaal Kaidhusei should have run for 100 days (or atleast 25 days), but BR screwed up wonderful song to the extend he can, probably knowing that he is going to patch with IR again :(

alias
23rd July 2005, 01:23 AM
I think these are movies which are defintely hit post ARR period. from njv list.

Chembaruthi (i dont think this is post rahman)
Nadodi Thendral (bharatiraja combo)
Senthamizh Paatu (vasu-IR after chinna thambi.. one song made the difference Mazhai song)
Chinna Mapillai (kadhulul lollaku)
Marupadiyum (defintely a good album)
Ponumani (RV after Chinna Goundar)
Kadhalukku Mariyadhai (defintely a hit)
Friends (average hit)
Azhagi (aftre a long long time)
Kasi (good song but first would be azhagi)
Pithamagan (only one song)

And also it is true...Nowadays if the film is hit only then the songs are appreciated example: Chandramukhi, Anniyan, Thirupachi) else these songs would have disappeared quickly as fast they came.

saradhaa_sn
6th August 2005, 06:49 PM
Some should be deleted from that list. Because Nadidi Thendral, Kannukkul Nilavu... are flop movies.

Reagrding present songs, not only you mentioned, but normally every song will disappear within a small period. Even Ilaiyaraja's present songs are also not that much stable comparing to his 1980-90 songs.