PDA

View Full Version : Artist with multiple skills - TRR / Bagyaraj / Gangai Amaran

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 11:09 PM
I think all have been very successful for a long time and had proved their staying power.

Lets begin the discussion

We can add others like Parthiban , Cheran , etc etc

njv
22nd July 2005, 12:05 AM
Oh man, in 1 week u just started here and became a regular hubber. Thats an achievement. Keep posting man.

BTW are u on bench?

app_engine
22nd July 2005, 12:26 AM
Pls limit to personalities who directly did something in music (MD, sing)...as otherwise it may have to go to the forumhub (& not TFM-DF):-) NOM!

Shankar
22nd July 2005, 10:35 AM
njv,
you seemed totally worked up about this regular/newbie etc :-)

I've been in the forum from 97...I'm still a newbie :-))

saradhaa_sn
22nd July 2005, 12:02 PM
Eventhough Gangai Amaran handled all the posts (lyrics/music/story/direction..etc) but in all he is as a guest only, not entering in deep. (No doubt his Kozhi Koovuthu, Karakaattakaaran, Kumbakarai Thangaiah..are recorded suceess).

But repeated audience for K.Bagyaraj films only... Even now also we can watch Thooral Ninnu Pochu, Andha 7 Naatkal, Darling...darling...darling..etc, with same interest as before. That is his plus point.

Bur T.R...???.. No use of handling too many categories, without fulfilling even one. After Oruthalai Raagam, still we are searching TR in every film.

(By the way Mr.Shanker... I think the grades (Newbie/junior/regular) are given depend upon the number of postings. I was a newbie hubber and when I crossed my 25th posting, I have benn giver junior hubber)

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 12:58 PM
Hello Saradha,

TR is versatile - He gave more number of hits after Oru thalai raagam

Rayil payanangalil

Nenjil oru raagam

Kilinjalgal

Etc etc

Thangaikor geetham

He spoilt his career when he started acting !! That was intolerable

Here KBagyaraj stands tall compared to others

Even Gangai would have made a good actor as he has excellent sense of humour and presentation skills.

In stage shows Gangai stands firm while IR will be on the background always.

Shankar
22nd July 2005, 01:58 PM
saradhaa_sn,
i knew it...I just told njv in a lighter vein that he seems to be giving some importance to those things...

MADDY
22nd July 2005, 02:15 PM
i think in my era it has to be S.J.Suryah........gr8 showman who can do acting,direction,editing,dialogues,production work and do it with ease........and wat i see from ARR's interviews he has a gr8 penchant for music as well....

i have a strong doubt that "maramkothiye"(Ah aah) song shuld have been composed by him only :D

Shankar
22nd July 2005, 03:11 PM
maddy,
like all the so called multi talented (they are generally bits and pieces guys who aren't great at anything, but survive purely bcos they are bits & pieces guys) people, sjs is good at only one thing and that's screenplay writing...As an actor - the less said the better, dialogues - Not sure if he writes the dialogues for his movies (if he did he does a decent job)...while he can do so many things, is he good at those things is something one should see.
IMO, he's the last hero i would want to watch.

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 03:18 PM
i think in my era it has to be S.J.Suryah........gr8 showman who can do acting,direction,editing,dialogues,production work and do it with ease........and wat i see from ARR's interviews he has a gr8 penchant for music as well....

i have a strong doubt that "maramkothiye"(Ah aah) song shuld have been composed by him only :D

Maddy,

Just because AR certified Suryah doesnt mean that he is glorified. Surya has to be consistent and has to stay long to be adjudged as a complete man.

Bagyaraj, TRR have been successful in that front.

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 03:23 PM
Lets analyse Pandyarajan also here. I think , he was fairly successful. His first 5 movies were good especially

Aanpavam
Kanni rasee
kathanayagan

etc etc

Good director ( high sense of humour ), good actor ( comedy mainly ), good story play etc etc.

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 03:28 PM
Even Parthiban also will figure in this list.

Good Director

Decent actor

Good screen play

Good story writing

Intelligent guy

Multiple interests

One thing, we should not discuss his personal issue. Lets avoid this please

saradhaa_sn
22nd July 2005, 03:49 PM
PANDIARAJAN:
Only two success movies he made: Kannirasi and Aanpaavam. In Kathanayagan only hero (direction 'Muktha Srinivasan). All others all flop movies only. (Now his face is horrible to watch).

PARTHIBAN:
I think he is over acting (ex: Andhapuram and somany movies). His directed movies are not that much hit, except Puthiya Paathai and Ulle Veliye (Ubayam: Aishwarya).

Other's direction he done well, like Bharathi Kannamma and Vetri Kodi Kattu (both by Cheran). His latest release 'Kudaikkul Mazhai' is super flop.

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 04:04 PM
Bagyaraj stnds tall amongst the lot.

Great screen play

good story writer

excellent sense of humour

Negative :

Not much focus on music

sex given importance

poor cinematography

MADDY
22nd July 2005, 11:26 PM
i think this is an unfair discussion......u guys r glorifying guys who did gr8 hits during 80's and 90's where there were no piracy and u guys shun away suryah who is doing hit movies at a time when piracy and thiruutuVCD is at its heights.......pathetic hypocrisy........ :D keep going...i'm out of it......

balaji sir...if u wont take ARR's word on music then whhose word will u accept????

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 11:57 PM
i think this is an unfair discussion......u guys r glorifying guys who did gr8 hits during 80's and 90's where there were no piracy and u guys shun away suryah who is doing hit movies at a time when piracy and thiruutuVCD is at its heights.......pathetic hypocrisy........ :D keep going...i'm out of it......

balaji sir...if u wont take ARR's word on music then whhose word will u accept????

Dear Maddy,

Video piracy has relevance here. A good movie will run irrespective of piracy