PDA

View Full Version : Thotti Jaya

slperson1
23rd July 2005, 07:13 PM
http://www.musicmazaa.com/tamil/aSongslist.php?movie=Thotti%20Jaya

It's aite but nothing new and refreshing.This will be above some of the newer releases but is nothing compared to Ah-Aah. Not even close to HJ's Anniyan.

OMG!!! LOL HJ has hit a NEW LOW he has copied the master of copying DEVA. LISTEN TO YARISINGARI SONG.the way the song is sung in the beginning is an EXACT coy of UMMA UMMA song!!!

ENJOY!

dinesh2002
23rd July 2005, 07:24 PM
i think the songs r decent man! for once,a DIRECT ARR VS HJ ALBUM!!! just 3 days diff of audio release!!!Yaaridamum is Ye chilipi from Gharshana,the replacement of Oru Ooril - Kaake2....re-using format like ARR?;)

slperson1
23rd July 2005, 07:38 PM
I thought the songs were okay nuthin great until i heard the yarisingari song which has parts copied from ISAI THIRUDAN DEVA.then i lost all respect for this album.

even the first song has shades of other songs.HJ didnt even try for this album.I dont even remember them talking of a launch for this audio.

Movies
24th July 2005, 12:01 AM
the interlude from achu vllam song sounds like the anniayn song " kumari". but the song is good.

Uyire en uyire is a nice melody,

Thotta power is like a typical simbu number like the ones in alai and mix of saamy and arul songs. Maybe simbus style may make it worth watching.

Yaridamum : Wow, Ramesh vinayaga singing for HJ! Thats pretty good HJ using jassi for anniayn and now ramesh for thotti, maybe for vetayadu he will use IR..... Ramesh vinayagam is such a sweet singer! i absolutely adore his voice! but again lots of things sound similair to things weve heard... for ex from chellame... and classical IR stuffs.... and the intial drums or whatever it is , is ripped from mounam pasiyathai song.... as always regardless of the act that HJ ,mixes bunch of his old songs the song sounds good.

Jaari singari : Yes it is the umma ummaamma song! but at a slower tempo!....... Deva has acheived new heights... how proud he will be to know that after allthe copying he has done... somebody exists to copy from him! :))

Theme---- Better than bombay theme for sure!
:rotfl:
Jus kidding guys......the theme is something to go with the movie maybe , its not listeneable on its own!Its irritating in fact.

Overall the two melodies are good and the first one. The other songs fail to impress.

The two mellodies will be heard frequently on FM radios for sure.... apart from it ... nuthing else.

Arjuna
24th July 2005, 12:51 AM
Ye chilipi is far better than the tamil version..The Ye chilipi by Srinivas was such a rocker!! One of my all time favourite!! Ramesh Vinayagam cant match Srinivas!!

Arjuna
24th July 2005, 12:56 AM
"!....... Deva has acheived new heights... how proud he will be to know that after allthe copying he has done... somebody exists to copy from him!"

that was a good one : and another thing:this song is a multiple copy:

1)Umma Umma by Deva
2)Ethuku pondati by ARR
3)Poda Poda punaku by IR

Wow - HJ shuld be given a PhD degree for new copying techniques!!

Arjuna
24th July 2005, 12:59 AM
Achuvellam: copied from:

1)Ichuthu Ichutha : vidyasagar
2)Karna: Vidhyasagar (the punjabi beats!!)

Arjuna
24th July 2005, 01:34 AM
ARR fans - Check my blog out!!

http://naan-yaar.blogspot.com/

:)

slperson1
24th July 2005, 01:36 AM
I agree with Movies the two melodies are the only good songs tho they do have a familiar feeling to em.

Movies
24th July 2005, 02:03 AM
Arjuna .... thumbs up for the blog!

ok guys, now its back to thazhuvuthu naluvuthu time... tha tha tha tahzhuvu naluvuthu doi!

njv
24th July 2005, 02:12 AM
Achu Vellam - Okay number. Lot like "Uchchi karuvadae Oothivachcha thanae" from mudhalvan

Uyire En Uyire - Good melody

Thotta Power - Peppy song, but not the one that will make you sign with it or dance with it. Remind me of some old VS song, not sure which one.

Yaaridamum - Very good melody

Jaari Singari - Umma Ummama by Deva. If HJ is copying from Deva, then it really shows that he is on a very low energy. It has resemblence to many dappanguthu song by IR and ARR but it starts just like Umma Ummama.

Theme Music - I prefer not to talk about this, because for one, it has Anniyan resemblence, and number 2, it must have been lifted from some other album.

Finally, I dont want to compare Aah Aaah with this. ARR fans, the only competition for ARR is ARR, so there is no point in comparing. IR can not be compared because he belongs to different generation and different audiance. ARR can be compared with the current MDs like HJ, but then it would be a joke. Even tough I didnt like Aah Aaah very much, it still doesnt disturb me when I listen to it, but Thotti Jaya make me sick.

Arjuna
24th July 2005, 03:26 AM
Movies : thanks :)

dinesh2002
24th July 2005, 08:16 AM
Ye chilipi is far better than the tamil version..The Ye chilipi by Srinivas was such a rocker!! One of my all time favourite!! Ramesh Vinayagam cant match Srinivas!!

i support u in this ,that was 1 of my fav song from haris,infact my most fav from Hj...the way srinivas sang & the girl's hindi introduction has such power!!!one song from Hj that has a great power!!

inetk
24th July 2005, 01:56 PM
Why only Arjuna? Mine too! Rathina Surukkam - Just 100 words.

http://milliblog.blogspot.com/

:-)

interz
24th July 2005, 03:45 PM
you can also listen to thottijaya songs on oosai,

nothing special about the album, but the media will praise harri j above the skyes, no matter what he comes up with.

Arjuna
24th July 2005, 03:49 PM
inetk - I have added u in my blogging list :) - check out my blog :)

http://naan-yaar.blogspot.com/

buvana
25th July 2005, 10:49 AM
Hi, I expected some peppy songs like that in leysa leysa, 12 B, etc from HJ, but i suppose the story does not demand so.. of course, the two melodies are sweet... nice to hear ramesh vinayagam in HJ music. That way HJ has made Jassie, Ramesh and GV Prakash (ARRs nephew) to sing for him. As always, the success of the audio wud be known after film release.. and as always. HJ will emerge successful !!

Movies
25th July 2005, 11:31 AM
Buvana,

I can see HJ has mesmerized u! ... but how???????? jus kiddin...

The two melodies are NICE..... and if the movie release has to decide the fate of an audio sale\ doesnt it mean the MD has nothing to dowith the it! It shows HJ cant stand on his own feet.... Jus a comment based on ur statement...

For instance look at anniyan, it was a pathetic show, thanks to shankar and vikram its popular. Even Saamy, chellame. The only exceptions beiing minnale and kaka kaka.

buvana
25th July 2005, 04:16 PM
Hi friend (Movies)

I am a fan of HJ music as well as ARRs.. bcoz both excel in fusion music.. when I say HJ will be successful, I mean when the film runs well, the credit is usually given to lead actor, director and immediately turn to the musical score. And of course, HJ songs did mesmerise me, especially venmathiye (minnale), ennai panthaada (ullam.) moongil kaadugale.. poove vai pesum..

Movies
26th July 2005, 10:10 AM
Hello friend (Buvana),

the songs uve mentioned are my fav HJ songs and probably any tamil music fans treat.

But for me HJ is not much different from SA rajkumar or sirpi, except the fact that he uses more synth.

SA Rajkumar has had his share of massive hits so has sirpi, jus like HJ. sirpi has made bakant lifts, HJ not tha t balant but quite obvious ones. S A Rajkumar has lifted too but prolly lesser than HJ. So I conclude HJ is nuthing but a media created joke.

But its a different story when it comes to YSR and VS, these guys do have somethings to say....

Note: the views expressed are that of the author and does not reflect the views of the board or its members. No personal insults in any form was intended, if any , is unintentional and please excuse .

buvana
26th July 2005, 12:46 PM
Hi Movies,

What a conclusion....! Anyway, now u must be happy how HJ mesmerised me ..... with those songs !!

coucou
26th July 2005, 02:43 PM
after few hearing i like "yaridamum" a good orchestration

interz
26th July 2005, 03:08 PM
i know others mentioned some of the copied songs , heres a full view.

1. Achuvellam - try to listen to "kilu kilupana kathaliye" (sullan),
2. Thotta power - "thirunalveli alva" (saamy)
3. Yaari singari - "umma ummama" (adithadi)
4. Uyire en uyire - only original piece in thotti jaya
5. Yaaridamum - "ye chilpi" (gharshana)
6. Thotti jaya (theme) - somewhere near to anniyan theme

dinesh2002
26th July 2005, 03:24 PM
i know others mentioned some of the copied songs , heres a full view.

1. Achuvellam - try to listen to "kilu kilupana kathaliye" (sullan),
2. Thotta power - "thirunalveli alva" (saamy)
3. Yaari singari - "umma ummama" (adithadi)
4. Uyire en uyire - only original piece in thotti jaya
5. Yaaridamum - "ye chilpi" (gharshana)
6. Thotti jaya (theme) - somewhere near to anniyan theme

Achuvellam is sure close to Gundu Manga - Sachien too!!!

baba88
26th July 2005, 05:26 PM
Achuvellam is sure close to Uppu Karuvadu - Mudhalvan too!!!

baba88
26th July 2005, 05:28 PM
Hello,

I have a question.
What's that for a language they sing in the theme Music ?
Is it the same language like in Anniyan theme ?

But both songs are copied from the Manmadhan theme Music !

Kumanan
26th July 2005, 07:39 PM
If you listen to Uyire en uyire 3:43 - 4:00, there is a nice transition of voices. first two words(Unnudanirukaiyile nilavukku..) sung by Anuradha sriram, while the remaining of the line(..Siragugal Mulaikirathey, Ithuvarai nanum partha nilava..)is continued by Bombay jayashree. BTW bombay jayashree is such an awesome singer. I wish she gets more songs.

Music4Ever
26th July 2005, 07:46 PM
I never thought that Harris could better the Ondra renda Asaigal song. I have been proved wrong, however, with the Malai chAralO endhan nenjilE number. A lovely, pleasing, and in fact a stunning youthful composition from him. If he can compose such numbers then more power to him. This year really should belong to Harris for his youthful numbers in Ullam kEtkumE and the above one, not to forget the grand hit Anniyan.

kamarajc
27th July 2005, 12:09 PM
Hello friend (Buvana),

the songs uve mentioned are my fav HJ songs and probably any tamil music fans treat.

But for me HJ is not much different from SA rajkumar or sirpi, except the fact that he uses more synth.

SA Rajkumar has had his share of massive hits so has sirpi, jus like HJ. sirpi has made bakant lifts, HJ not tha t balant but quite obvious ones. S A Rajkumar has lifted too but prolly lesser than HJ. So I conclude HJ is nuthing but a media created joke.

But its a different story when it comes to YSR and VS, these guys do have somethings to say....

Note: the views expressed are that of the author and does not reflect the views of the board or its members. No personal insults in any form was intended, if any , is unintentional and please excuse .

Movies...
So sad to see you comparing HJ with SARajkumar and Sirpi. Oh God... please... dont be so atrocious. HJ is good and please do not compare him with SARajkumar, Sirpi or Dhina :(

kamarajc
27th July 2005, 12:13 PM
I would say that HJ was not given enough time for this movie. I think YSR was the MD in most promos even till two months ago. Simbu use to boast about his proximity with HJ, possibly he could have influenced HJ to do this in the quick way possible. It wasnt building expectations. HJ too has tried to prepare the quick lunch possible. I am not disappointed though.

dinesh2002
27th July 2005, 04:00 PM
[tscii:fd0d147833]shankar's comment on Anniyan :

Why didn't you take special care about the music?

Harris Jayaraj’s music was satisfactory. But the problem is that most of the people are comparing my earlier movies with this one. Comparatively this music is lighter and that is what is needed here.
http://www.cinegoer.com/shankar.htm[/tscii:fd0d147833]

Arjuna
29th July 2005, 02:51 PM
he he shankar must be cursing his luck and wondering y on earth did I go this guy for music - better luck next time Shankar - If u want to be with God - you got to have patience and wait for Him - and u know who the God is ;)

MrJudge
29th July 2005, 03:27 PM
Shankar should be happy about Anniayan by not getting a thundu atleast :lol:

Arjuna
29th July 2005, 03:39 PM
Mr Judge - that means shankar is naked now - is it ;)

Ramesh Vinayagam sings as if he is singing for some sapthaswarangal - too amateurish!

ykrrajan
29th July 2005, 06:04 PM
Going by his words (lighter songs required) Shankar is saying that the film is a heavyweight and a lighter music will be a relief for the audience. But Indian was a mega heavyweight movie. And the songs in Indian was also of a lighter genre which is far superior to the junk by HJ. Shankar was forced to defend his decision to go to HJ using this statement. Poor selection by him

MrJudge
29th July 2005, 06:25 PM
Mr Judge - that means shankar is naked now - is it ;)

Arjuna, I am not sure man :) But he is happy about the performance of Anniyan at BO, better than the thundu he received last time. It seems Oscar Ravi is willing to work with Shankar again. That's a good news, isn't it?

dinesh2002
29th July 2005, 07:15 PM
BOYS a thundu??but audio was a bigger hit than Anniyan man...so in this movie also have a thundu :P

rsubras
30th July 2005, 10:43 PM
BOYS a thundu??but audio was a bigger hit than Anniyan man...so in this movie also have a thundu :P

Dinesh, never mind this Judge, this guy always try to pull down ARR for so many years calling him as Thundubhai.

I think he prays for every ARR album to be a flop or atleast the movie he is scoring the music.

dinesh2002
31st July 2005, 07:16 AM

Dinesh, never mind this Judge, this guy always try to pull down ARR for so many years calling him as Thundubhai.

I think he prays for every ARR album to be a flop or atleast the movie he is scoring the music.

ohhh,its this guy who calls ARR thundhubhai iduring those old days in the old forum va.....DAI!!!!! iruda.... :wink:

MrJudge
1st August 2005, 10:11 AM

I think you don't know how thundubhai fans ridiculed IR in this forum. Mine is nothing man...."thundubhai" is a chella peyar, avvolovu thaan.

united07
1st August 2005, 12:36 PM
MrJudge = Thundubhai!= Naatammai!

vangae vangae ..vazhga valamudan!

Uyire En Uyire 'Ching Ching' = Saawaranya 'Ching'

ithukudava copy pannuvange!...aaaarggg ptuih!

interz
1st August 2005, 11:45 PM
thotta poweruda kicks ass, even though its copied.

alias
2nd August 2005, 12:02 AM
Man, I am really fasinated by Uyrine En Uyire and the reason is the seducive and sexy voice called Bombay Jayshree. She should come out with an album called Nuptial Night special. Her voice is so horny (sorrrry if I am being little vulgar) but god, her voice is definetly sexy and I wonder why she didnt sing the entire song instead of that nosy Anuradha sriram.