PDA

View Full Version : A.R.Rahmans's Best Compositions/BGM

dinesh2002
29th July 2005, 10:54 AM
Yo guys,lets discuss on All best ARR's composition or BGM,which interlude,pallavi,or bgm,or theme u like,discuss it here,when i think the best of best from ARR is def the Chant of Mudhalvan ( the sankrit once which comes often in the film & also in the Mudhalvane song )

i dunno how ARR composed such theme,it gets 100% PERECT..what u guys think!?Discuss here!!

Shankar
29th July 2005, 11:44 AM
When it comes to BG Score, ARR's lagaan theme comes first...He scores big time in the way he had placed those pieces in the movie (anuradha sriram's humming comes during the title, the chorus piece comes when the team-aamir line up...and the last piece comes during the match) and when all of them put together still makes it a continuous piece in the album.

Bose had very good BG Score..

Then comes thiruda-thiruda chase theme.

I won't rate mudhalvan theme that high because it is inspired by Jerry Goldsmith's score for the omen (and there are zillion pieces inspired by this )

coucou
29th July 2005, 02:21 PM
in the recent time, i like bgm of kks, specially in romantic scenes. it's very beautiful when heroine try to catch his papers. why he scored beautiful bgm to flop movies???????

alwarpet_andavan
29th July 2005, 02:44 PM
BGM: I liked the RR in "Kadhalar Dhinam".... in fact, we were a group of 4-5 guys back then... we watched that movie many times just for ARR (embarassing to admit watching that crap many times :))
In fact, one guy recorded the whole rerecording in AVM Rajeshwari theatre in one such "watching"....
Heard from a friend that he has matured in RR in Swades... haven't watched it yet.....

Interludes: Lots...... one thing which pops out of my head now is the second interlude from the song "Nenjamellam..." from Ayudha Ezhuthu....
And of course the first violin interlude in "Kaadhal enum thervezhudhi..." from Kadhalar Dhinam.... "Kaapi" wasn't it???
And the way SPB starts the charanam, overlapping with the interlude was amazing...

And i think his best in Hindi is Tehzeeb.........

Arjuna
29th July 2005, 02:53 PM
Ho man, Iruvar had the best BGM ever - Check out the music in the DVD - the contents part - amazing stuff!! Next comes Roja! Even the climax where Arjuna lights the lamp in Gentleman - had such nice beautiful melodious stunning music..

dinesh2002
29th July 2005, 03:07 PM
and def 1 outstanding BGM i like is the pros(bhuvaneswari) theme in Boys...the " thaa tharikitha dheem dheem " the mini ghazal,by Madhushree.....mabby might be against this,but that beat really atracted me away from that scene,what u guys say?

arsaregama
29th July 2005, 09:08 PM
hey ppl
can anyone tell me where u can get the title theme of minsarakanavu and the en swasa katrae theme.

rsubras
29th July 2005, 11:31 PM
how about the muthu bgm when sarathbabu first meets meena and also the bgm played when vadivelu thinks about his heroine

and the best bgm for a rajini movie in Padaiyappa esp when neelambari - padaiyappa scene in the 2nd half. It certainly added more spice to the scene. Also the scene in 1st half when Ramya expresses her love to rajini and rajini refusing it. "enakku ungala pidikkalae". while Ramya takes her googles off, Rajini puts on his one.

Kizhakku cheemaiyile climax scene had an excellent BGM too. ( that was then lifted by many serial music directors)

Jacky
29th July 2005, 11:36 PM
Dilse
+ When SRK finds Manisha in Ladakh.
+ Vinmeengalai Thandi Vazhum Kadhal.

dinesh2002
29th July 2005, 11:52 PM
how about the muthu bgm when sarathbabu first meets meena

the same tune was used by HJ in Mazhai Mazhai - Ullam Ketkume rite?

Jacky
30th July 2005, 12:24 AM
Dinesh,
HJ seems to be a resident guest in all ARR threads. Why don't you have a separate thread Extracts of HJ from ARR? Wherever I go Ah aah or other threads I find HJ stole this and stole that. It's your thread and you can do anything you want but if you want inputs on ARR's BGM this is not the way to start. This is not said with any sympathy towards HJ but Good topics like this need not permit digression.

alias
30th July 2005, 02:37 AM
The best IMO is Lagaan beyond comparsion and next come is Swades. And in Tamil it is Padaiyappa beyond belief.. Wow what a BGM particularly when Super star meets Nilambari.

MADDY
31st July 2005, 10:23 PM
"Dilse
+ When SRK finds Manisha in Ladakh.
+ Vinmeengalai Thandi Vazhum Kadhal."

there could not any other better than this........jacky i had the same thing in my mind...... 8)

i think this bgm piece was display of manisha's character in the movie where she had hardly 10-15 dialogues........it leaves u with a very heavy heart, it has pain painted over it......it used to leave me very uneasy.....this bgm was so effective that everytime u watch the movie u'll find that this piece just elevated the movie to a diff plateau......it was so negative at times which i think caused movie to flop as well :D ........

Jacky
31st July 2005, 11:05 PM
Maddy,
I actually watched the movie few times just for the BGM and Songs. I think it flopped cuz the screenplay was poor and the climax was a shocking!
Another somber piece of BGM is where SRK gets mauled by so-called Manisha's brothers, at that time a guy would be playing flute on top of a mound.
Another amazing piece is in the bus scene where Manisha says she's SRK's wife to escape from the cops, BGM would be slightly chirpy for a few moments.

slperson1
31st July 2005, 11:30 PM
I find some of ARR best music is in the bit songs he places in the bgm its a shame they arent released with the albums.Some that coem to my head

1) Boys - Manum Virumbathai Unnai Unnai - this comes when Munna and Harini are at the beach
- Kadhal Arantha Kanamai - the sad version of Ale Ale
2) E20U18 - Engai Iruntha Vandhai - when trish is searchin for tarun off the train
3) Aiyatha Ezhuthu - Yen Jeevanai
4) Jeans - Punnagaiyil Thee
5) Uyire - Intha Kaalam

interz
1st August 2005, 12:53 AM
His best BGM was for Lagaan!!!!!!!!!

rajasaranam
1st August 2005, 01:55 PM
I dont know how come all you ARR fans are missing out the BGM for LOBS.
Especially the scene where Bhagat tries to Bomb the post office [forgot the exact scene but the BGm still lingers in my mind]. Bhagat coming in a cycle, his friend waiting hiding behind a tree, the tension building up etc., The entire scene goes for about 5 mins backed by ARR's great BGM. :thumbsup:
The flute bit in 'Fire' which often repeats in the movie was also good one.
Havent watched lagaan and swades but his Bose BGM was great, listening to Audio track itself, should watch these movies to know how he fairs :)

dude
1st August 2005, 03:44 PM
rajasaranam,

adenna "you arr fans"? dont you mean "we arr fans"? ;-)

actually you have picked great pieces of bgms.

my absolute favorite is the train fight(climax) of thiruda thiruda.

his work in may madham is too good.

there is one very exceptional piece of bgm (a little song, rather) in kannathil muthamittal; when madhavan and simran fall for each other. it goes "sattena nanaidhadu nenjam..." truly amazing piece...

alwarpet_andavan
1st August 2005, 05:19 PM
there is one very exceptional piece of bgm (a little song, rather) in kannathil muthamittal; when madhavan and simran fall for each other. it goes "sattena nanaidhadu nenjam..." truly amazing piece...
Thanks for reminding us of this gem :thumbsup:
SJanaki sings on this bit and this scene is a terrific one....... Love scene as it should be shown.....

dinesh2002
1st August 2005, 06:35 PM
yea..i have recorded this bit & uploaded it online in 320kbps long time back,if u guys want the link,do mention it...and its sung by Minmini (Chinna Chinna Aaasai fame),not S.Janaki! :wink:

coolcrave
8th November 2006, 01:46 PM
well lets talk abt the recent godfather and JOK, two outstanding BGM. in godfather when diamond babu is explaining abt thottapuram village the beautiful NIDHAPA flushes your heart aside..wonderfull piece in harikamboji raga with swarnalatha's voice plus orchestration so divine. The JOK's hindusthani classical when bhumika confess her love to surya amazing truly.

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 01:53 PM
well lets talk abt the recent godfather and JOK, two outstanding BGM. in godfather when diamond babu is explaining abt thottapuram village the beautiful NIDHAPA flushes your heart aside..wonderfull piece in harikamboji raga with swarnalatha's voice plus orchestration so divine. The JOK's hindusthani classical when bhumika confess her love to surya amazing truly.

Avaru pera Diamond Babunne aakitingala? Rang de basanti title BGM eppadi?

coolcrave
8th November 2006, 02:39 PM
the title BGM is a reharsh version of khalbali. Lots of beats and guitars has been used. Very middle east feel of voice reside all over. The voice have been fused with effect making it sound groovy and funky.

Hey ajay were can i get godfather bgm

rayan36
8th November 2006, 05:40 PM
yea..i have recorded this bit & uploaded it online in 320kbps long time back,if u guys want the link,do mention it...and its sung by Minmini (Chinna Chinna Aaasai fame),not S.Janaki! :wink:

:notworthy: oh please do :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
9th November 2006, 10:02 AM
the title BGM is a reharsh version of khalbali. Lots of beats and guitars has been used. Very middle east feel of voice reside all over. The voice have been fused with effect making it sound groovy and funky.

Hey ajay were can i get godfather bgm

SOK BGM link was posted by someone in arrfans@yahoogroups. Till date no link for GF has been posted. I'l surely get u posted with GF link once i get it.

ajaybaskar
10th November 2006, 11:20 AM

Do u know how many days did ARR take to compose the BGM for LAGAAN?

lancelot
10th November 2006, 10:36 PM

cannot agree more...

i think it was because of Ashthos. he uses ARR to the max. most of the time he just lets ARRs music do the talking without any dialog.
amazing stuff frm Director and composer.

how long did he take ajaybaskar??

hehe
:D

dinesh2002
11th November 2006, 08:18 AM

if im not mistaken...1 month rite??? or was it he composed the songs in 1 month...not sure which!!

lancelot
11th November 2006, 08:22 AM

if im not mistaken...1 month rite??? or was it he composed the songs in 1 month...not sure which!!

looks like Ajay is the one who knows for sure. Ajay sollunga.. v r waiting...

taking a month to make the BGM is like a long time rite?

hehe

dinesh2002
11th November 2006, 08:56 AM

here it is man : http://www.uploading.com/files/YZQTE25B/Satthunadenthethenejam.mp3.html

Wibha
11th November 2006, 09:47 AM
Rang de basanti and SWADES bgm is really guuuuuudddddddddddddddddddd

Kumar2020
11th November 2006, 10:57 AM
for me even kadhalar dhinam(lovers day) had some excellent bgm......

MADDY
11th November 2006, 11:20 AM
for me even kadhalar dhinam(lovers day) had some excellent bgm......

welcome one more ARR rasiga.....hope u r one......hmmm from the land of NOV and Dinesh..... :lol:

ajaybaskar
11th November 2006, 11:53 AM

India today had a cover story on lagaan when the film was released. It also had a factfile which stated that ARR had taken 52 days to compose the BGM for lagaan. He normally composes the BGM for a film in a span of 15-25 days.

Ramakrishna
11th November 2006, 02:40 PM

here it is man : http://www.uploading.com/files/YZQTE25B/Satthunadenthethenejam.mp3.html

I am not able to download. It says all download slots for your country are in use :oops: :(

dinesh2002
11th November 2006, 04:25 PM

I am not able to download. It says all download slots for your country are in use :oops: :(

try this site & see :D = http://rapidshare.com/files/2891023/Satthunadenthethenejam.mp3.html

thamizhvaanan
11th November 2006, 06:46 PM
It also had a factfile which stated that ARR had taken 52 days to compose the BGM for lagaan. 52 days well spent... :notworthy:

I am just wondering abt the 7686 days i've spent... :roll: adhula oru naalachum... :ashamed:

Ramakrishna
11th November 2006, 07:57 PM
I was watching Roja movie today. I noticed rakozhi(Uzhavan) tune being used as BGM in many places.

MADDY
11th November 2006, 08:20 PM
I was watching Roja movie today. I noticed rakozhi(Uzhavan) tune being used as BGM in many places.

yup the place where Madhu calls her home after Arvindswamy gets kidnapped...... :D

i was a Roja buff for a long time..... :wink:

Ramakrishna
11th November 2006, 08:54 PM

try this site & see :D = http://rapidshare.com/files/2891023/Satthunadenthethenejam.mp3.html

I am extremely sorry man. Even this isn't working. If u don't mind and if ur free plz consider sending it to ram930_krishna@yahoo.com.

lancelot
11th November 2006, 10:09 PM
r u guys looking for the song in Kannathil Muththamittal?
i have it. i can upload it to rapidsahre if ul want.

hehe

rayan36
11th November 2006, 10:42 PM

[/quote]

Thanks a mil' dinesh :musicsmile: , is it S.Janaki's voice here :?:

Rama try it again....... it works :wink:

Ramakrishna
11th November 2006, 10:51 PM

I got it this time dude. Thank you. BTW, great song. Great quality. :D

dinesh2002
12th November 2006, 08:01 AM
ohh..hhahaha...i was about to send it to ur mail right now.... :lol: no problem guys...thanks to a fren in yahoo groups for ripping that, AJ.

yea man...1st i taut was S.Janaki too, but then some1 mentioned it was Minmini...try listening to it propaly,u will also realize its by Minmini,but her voice somehow kinda spoilt.... i heard she had some problems with her voice during her peaks in 1995s ?? mabby that effect :P

sonia_fr
12th November 2006, 04:41 PM
I loved the BGM in "Padayapa", the scene were Rajani meet Ramya 18 years later! Ramya came down with style and sit on the only sofa, we were all wondering what Rajani will do, at this moment he pull the "ounjal" with his shall, the BGM is excellent, it fits perfectly to the situation and create an excitement!

the small song from Kanathil Muthamidal, on Madhavan & Simran's flashback! ".......thudikum uthadu kondu thudaithidu vekathai........ suhamai suhamai kolai idu enn uyirai madum vidu vidu..." something like that, i don't realy understand the entire lyric! lol

Recently, Jilunu oru kadhal BGM was great too, specialy the introduction scene on Surya, Jo & their child on Bombay!

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 10:28 AM
Recently, Jilunu oru kadhal BGM was great too, specialy the introduction scene on Surya, Jo & their child on Bombay!

That was a funky version of JOK song. Cool one..

Kumar2020
14th November 2006, 09:54 AM
jok has bgm by rahman himself cause he himself was interested in that project and the script....but i think gf was not by rahman but i think either by pravin or sabesh-murali.....if rahman himself does the bgm in a movie we would be able to know as was the case in jok.....simly amazing and had the rahman touch in it

ajaybaskar
16th November 2006, 02:12 PM
Hi All,

I've a collection of A R Rahman's Ringtones.Felt to
share it with you all.

55 A R Rahman Mp3 Ringtones

1.Airtel Song Edited(Good Quality)
2.Airtel Song Complete(Good Quality)
3.Anbe Aaruyire(Anbe Aaruyire)
4.Azaadi(Bose The Forgotten Hero)
5.Bol Sajni(Doli Saja Ke Rekhna)
6.Bol Sajni Ver2(Doli Saja Ke Rekhna)
7.Bolo Kaun Ho Tum(Kabhi Naa Kabhi)
8.Glass Break(Yuva)
9.Chaiyya Chaiyya(Bombay Dreams)
10.Gurus Of Peace(Vande Mataram)
11.Daud(Daud)
12.Dheem Ta Na(Rhythm)
13.Dil Se(Dil Se)
14.Fanah(Yuva)
15.Ga Ma Pa(Bombay)
16.Gopala Gopala Flute Bit(Humse He Muqabla/Kadhalan)
17.Habibi(Tehzeeb)
18.Hey Machan(Sillunu Oru Kaadhal)
19.Hoo La La(Sapnay/Minsara Kanavu)
20.Hum Hain Is Pal(Kisna)
21.Inqualab Zindabad(The Legend Of Bhagat Singh)
22.Ishq Bina Rahman Bit(Taal)
23.Jiya Jale Malayalam Bit(Dil Se)
24.Kadhal Rojave/Roja Janeman Flute Bit(ROja)
25.Kalayil Dhinamum(New)
26.Kalluri Saalai(Kadhal Desam)
27.Karisil Tharisil(Tajmahal)
28.Khalbali( RDB)
29.Khamosh Raat(Thakshak)
30.Khoyee Khoyee(Tehzeeb)
31.Kismat Se Tum(Pukar)
32.Kokku Saiva Kokku Flute Bit(Muthu)
33.Ek Ladki/Margazhi Poove Opening Flute(Love You
Hamesha/May Madham)
34.Mumbe Va(Sillunu Oru Kaadhal)
35.Nachley(Lakeer)
36.Nahin Samne(Taal)
37.Narumugaiye( Iruvar)
38.Newyork(Sillunu Oru Kaadhal)
39.Ni Sa Ri Sa(Bombay Dreams)
40.Oh Sa Ni Sa(Bombay Bgm Bit)
41.O Yuva Yuva Piece From Dhakka Laga Bukka(Yuva)
42.Pathsala( RDB)
43.Pal Pal Hai Bhari(Swades)
44.Pyar Ye(Rangeela)
45.Roobaroo( RDB)
46.Saathiya Flute Bit(Saathiya)
47.Tanha Tanha(Rangeela)
48.Dil Hai Sanam/Thee Thee Flute Bit(Chor Chor/Thiruda
Thiruda)
49.Tu Hi Re Flute Bit(Bombay)
50.Tu Hi Tu Closing Lines(Dil Se)
51.Vellai Pookkal Flute Bit(Kannathil Muthamittal)
52.Vellai Pookkal(Kannathil Muthamittal)
53.Wedding Qawwali(Bombay Dreams)
54.Yelelo Humming Chotti Si Asha/Chinna Chinna
Aasai(Roja)
55.Yun Hi(Swades)

Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/3148184/A_R_RAHMAN.zip

Password for unzipping the files>> arrahman

Courtesy:arrfans@yahoogroups

dinesh2002
16th November 2006, 05:39 PM
thanks allot man!!!!!!

kamalsurya
16th November 2006, 10:01 PM

The part where Surya after drinking runs out of his room to the corridor to shout "I am the happiest man in the world" Had excellent BGm too

MADDY
17th November 2006, 12:09 AM
Hi All,

I've a collection of A R Rahman's Ringtones.Felt to
share it with you all.

55 A R Rahman Mp3 Ringtones

1.Airtel Song Edited(Good Quality)
2.Airtel Song Complete(Good Quality)
3.Anbe Aaruyire(Anbe Aaruyire)
4.Azaadi(Bose The Forgotten Hero)
5.Bol Sajni(Doli Saja Ke Rekhna)
6.Bol Sajni Ver2(Doli Saja Ke Rekhna)
7.Bolo Kaun Ho Tum(Kabhi Naa Kabhi)
8.Glass Break(Yuva)
9.Chaiyya Chaiyya(Bombay Dreams)
10.Gurus Of Peace(Vande Mataram)
11.Daud(Daud)
12.Dheem Ta Na(Rhythm)
13.Dil Se(Dil Se)
14.Fanah(Yuva)
15.Ga Ma Pa(Bombay)
16.Gopala Gopala Flute Bit(Humse He Muqabla/Kadhalan)
17.Habibi(Tehzeeb)
18.Hey Machan(Sillunu Oru Kaadhal)
19.Hoo La La(Sapnay/Minsara Kanavu)
20.Hum Hain Is Pal(Kisna)
21.Inqualab Zindabad(The Legend Of Bhagat Singh)
22.Ishq Bina Rahman Bit(Taal)
23.Jiya Jale Malayalam Bit(Dil Se)
24.Kadhal Rojave/Roja Janeman Flute Bit(ROja)
25.Kalayil Dhinamum(New)
26.Kalluri Saalai(Kadhal Desam)
27.Karisil Tharisil(Tajmahal)
28.Khalbali( RDB)
29.Khamosh Raat(Thakshak)
30.Khoyee Khoyee(Tehzeeb)
31.Kismat Se Tum(Pukar)
32.Kokku Saiva Kokku Flute Bit(Muthu)
33.Ek Ladki/Margazhi Poove Opening Flute(Love You
Hamesha/May Madham)
34.Mumbe Va(Sillunu Oru Kaadhal)
35.Nachley(Lakeer)
36.Nahin Samne(Taal)
37.Narumugaiye( Iruvar)
38.Newyork(Sillunu Oru Kaadhal)
39.Ni Sa Ri Sa(Bombay Dreams)
40.Oh Sa Ni Sa(Bombay Bgm Bit)
41.O Yuva Yuva Piece From Dhakka Laga Bukka(Yuva)
42.Pathsala( RDB)
43.Pal Pal Hai Bhari(Swades)
44.Pyar Ye(Rangeela)
45.Roobaroo( RDB)
46.Saathiya Flute Bit(Saathiya)
47.Tanha Tanha(Rangeela)
48.Dil Hai Sanam/Thee Thee Flute Bit(Chor Chor/Thiruda
Thiruda)
49.Tu Hi Re Flute Bit(Bombay)
50.Tu Hi Tu Closing Lines(Dil Se)
51.Vellai Pookkal Flute Bit(Kannathil Muthamittal)
52.Vellai Pookkal(Kannathil Muthamittal)
53.Wedding Qawwali(Bombay Dreams)
54.Yelelo Humming Chotti Si Asha/Chinna Chinna
Aasai(Roja)
55.Yun Hi(Swades)

Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/3148184/A_R_RAHMAN.zip

Password for unzipping the files>> arrahman

Courtesy:arrfans@yahoogroups

wow, u rock man :D :thumbsup:

nickraman
20th November 2006, 07:57 AM
Anyone have Shankar's "Indian" BGM score? I can't find the downloads for it.

rayan36
20th November 2006, 12:14 PM
Anyone have Shankar's "Indian" BGM score? I can't find the downloads for it.

Browse on the link, loads of BGM 'ing Indian
:wink:
http://www.singingphotons.net/arrbgm/

roger06
29th November 2006, 07:37 PM
hi guys, you can get Indra BGM from my blog http://geniusarr.blogspot.com ...also some songs i upload in 5.1 surround...

selvakumar
4th December 2006, 05:20 PM
Watched "UYirae" !
IMO, As far as Rahman's BGM is concerned, what comes to my mind is the "Spine chilling / thrilling" BGM that he gives ! He specialises in this area and he comes out with the best !
The one that comes when SRK gets assaulted by Manisha's people is :clap:
I did notice similar if not the same effect in the other parts of the film !

One more thing: Most of the time, he uses the songs in the background. Like "KanniL oRu neeR VazhinthaaL" song gets repeated in the background most of the time :) and gives the desired impact :)

This is one of my favorite Rahman albums and I like this movie a lot ! :)

MADDY
4th December 2006, 06:09 PM
Watched "UYirae" !
IMO, As far as Rahman's BGM is concerned, what comes to my mind is the "Spine chilling / thrilling" BGM that he gives ! He specialises in this area and he comes out with the best !
The one that comes when SRK gets assaulted by Manisha's people is :clap:
I did notice similar if not the same effect in the other parts of the film !

One more thing: Most of the time, he uses the songs in the background. Like "KanniL oRu neeR VazhinthaaL" song gets repeated in the background most of the time :) and gives the desired impact :)

This is one of my favorite Rahman albums and I like this movie a lot ! :)

:clap: .....ARR is the first indian MD to use the screaming effect to a great effect.....also, there is a Vinmeenkalai thaandi bit song in Uyire - its so spine chilling.....it just lifts the feel of the movie....

selvakumar
4th December 2006, 06:57 PM
:clap: .....ARR is the first indian MD to use the screaming effect to a great effect.....also, there is a Vinmeenkalai thaandi bit song in Uyire - its so spine chilling.....it just lifts the feel of the movie....

Yup !! Infact, the bit songs were heart-wrenching too ! The film had poor dubbing :banghead: which inturn resulted in the BO failure in TN ! :cry:
The songs and the lyrics and the packaging wow .......
"KaNNiL oRu vaLi iRunthaaL
KaNavugaL VaruVathiLLLaaaiii.
Nenjil oru Vali irunthaaL
NinaivugaL uthippathiLLai..." (not sure abt this lyrics)
The bit song "jgyaaLam engum un bimpam" too had an everlasting effect. It was neat effort which portrayed the pain of love, uncertainity in the relationship, pain of missing the beloved etc ! Infact, that one was not loud but was soothing and provided the right amount of impact deeply ! :clap:

MADDY
5th December 2006, 04:14 AM
Yup !! Infact, the bit songs were heart-wrenching too ! The film had poor dubbing :banghead: which inturn resulted in the BO failure in TN ! :cry:
The bit song "jgyaaLam engum un bimpam" too had an everlasting effect. It was neat effort which portrayed the pain of love, uncertainity in the relationship, pain of missing the beloved etc ! Infact, that one was not loud but was soothing and provided the right amount of impact deeply ! :clap:

Kannil oru vali irunthaal
Kanavugal Varuvathillai
Nenjinil oru vali irunthaal
Kadhal malarvadhillai...

Uyire is a dream composition from the master.... :D

nickraman
9th December 2006, 10:15 PM
One request. Godfather BGM plz and thanks.

bulb_mani
9th December 2006, 11:58 PM
One request. Godfather BGM plz and thanks.

the BGM comes in trailer only..has been posted in the other thread :D

Regarding Indian BGM Tracks... please visit this page :

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=306&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=690

Ive posted more BGMs of Harris n ARR :D

sonia_fr
10th December 2006, 12:22 AM

Kannil oru vali irunthaal
Kanavugal Varuvathillai
Nenjinil oru vali irunthaal
Kadhal malarvadhillai...

Uyire is a dream composition from the master.... :D

I heard something else lol.

"Kannil oru vali irunthaal
kanavugal varuvathilai
Nenjil oru ranam (hurt) irunthal
Uravugal malarvadhilai... "

For sure Uyiree is one of ARR's best album! Normala oru album-la 2-3 songs nala irukum, even in an ARR album some songs are far better then the others, but in Uyiree you just can't say which is your favorite cuz elam super!

nickraman
10th December 2006, 06:02 AM
For those having Zee TV, they're telecasting YUVA in 30 minutes. (8PM)

dinesh2002
13th December 2006, 10:31 AM
wut about these song :

1.Porale Ponnuthayi - Karuthamma
2.Thoda thoda malarthethenna - Indira
3.Kismate se tum - Pukar

ajaybaskar
1st January 2007, 12:28 PM
Varalaaru BGMs

http://www.icefile.net/index.php?page=main&id=7c3a91704&name=Theme.mp3

http://www.icefile.net/index.php?page=main&id=fb2951829&name=Climax.mp3

http://www.icefile.net/index.php?page=main&id=8549d1800&name=Ajith

http://www.icefile.net/index.php?page=main&id=e73cc1840&name=Ajith

ruben_arr
1st January 2007, 08:53 PM
for the first time you can get uzhavan BGM..at http://geniusarr.blogspot.com ...a touching and great composition by the genius.

Wibha
2nd January 2007, 07:23 AM
1.Porale Ponnuthayi - Karuthamma

karuthamma has superb BGM..........

Sanguine Sridhar
10th January 2007, 01:50 AM
Kizhakku seemayile too....!! Excellent BGM 8-)

...and yes 'Thoda thoda' from Indira is a terrific song!

ajaybaskar
18th February 2007, 11:32 AM
http://d.turboupload.com/d/1494510/GFYuva.rar.html

http://d.turboupload.com/de/1494510/f3hwxfzsoj.html

Ramakrishna
23rd June 2007, 05:14 PM
Kadhalan bharathanatyam fusion mix by AR Rahman

http://maddy007.4shared.com/file/18466450/e57b787f

Ramakrishna
25th June 2007, 12:33 AM
http://www.4shared.com/file/18548808/ce8e0a9a/Kadhalan_Dance_Challenge.html

thineshan54321
26th June 2007, 08:30 PM
Guys when i heard vaigasi nilavu's violin piece, I knew i heard it somewhere before. Couldnt recall where. A member from yahoofan group found this: http://forum.arrahman-online.com/viewtopic.php?t=795

dunno when this clown is gonna stop.

Yathu
27th June 2007, 02:43 AM
Padaiyappa BGM was really really good, especially the music for the wedding scenes and Ramyakrishnan's scenes.

Ow and the harmonica theme given to Soundarya in the beginning of the movie. Thats just beautiful!

ALWAR_AJITH
30th June 2007, 03:08 PM
anybody can upload godfather bgm and kankalal kaithu sei

thilak4life
30th June 2007, 09:35 PM
Let's name few hiindi ones too.

In recent times, Netaji Subash chandra bose. Liked the OST.

'Kisna'. Piano and flute (bass or what?) played in succession, and exceptional as it builds with wonderful marriage of two distinct sounds. But, is this piece from ARR or Ismail darbar?

'1947 Earth'. Especially the piano prelude, then the delightful Oboe (or bass flute?).

'Warriors of heaven and earth'. The golden ear? With the starting piece of 'hornet'. Later piano and flute, and good percussion as it builds up!

In Meenaxi soundtrack (forgot the 'piece') - Percussion galore. Bass guitar with woodwinds in the middle - :thumbsup:

Lagaan - Waltz for a romance instrumental :clap:

Note: there are 'similarities' to different works of different artists. But the way ARR reworks it, is exceptional. Proves his talent!

thamizhvaanan
30th June 2007, 10:01 PM

'Kisna'. Piano and flute (bass or what?) played in succession, and exceptional as it builds with wonderful marriage of two distinct sounds. But, is this piece from ARR or Ismail darbar?

'1947 Earth'. Especially the piano prelude, then the delightful Oboe (or bass flute?).

'Warriors of heaven and earth'. The golden ear? With the starting piece of 'hornet'. Later piano and flute, and good percussion as it builds up!

In Meenaxi soundtrack (forgot the 'piece') - Percussion galore. Bass guitar with woodwinds in the middle - :thumbsup:

Note: there are 'similarities' to different works of different artists. But the way ARR reworks it, is exceptional. Proves his talent!Note: Thilak is an IR fan :lol:

thilak4life
30th June 2007, 10:06 PM

Note: there are 'similarities' to different works of different artists. But the way ARR reworks it, is exceptional. Proves his talent!Note: Thilak is an IR fan :lol:

Othukiraen.. ippo yenangra??

thamizhvaanan
30th June 2007, 10:07 PM
nuthing... just putting things in right perspective :lol2:

thilak4life
30th June 2007, 10:08 PM
nuthing... just putting things in right perspective :lol2:

seri :lol:

thilak4life
30th June 2007, 10:11 PM
Clarification to avoid a potential cat-fight. I meant it to praise Rahman and not to take anything away from him. So there..

thilak4life
30th June 2007, 10:30 PM
Muthu-la, 'violin piece' irukura soundtrack 8-)

dinesh2002
1st July 2007, 06:36 AM

Note: there are 'similarities' to different works of different artists. But the way ARR reworks it, is exceptional. Proves his talent!

for the Q in bolded, the answer is ARR, only 2 full song & 4 themes [which eventually all the themes had Hum Hai Iss Phal Yahan tune in it]............. are by ARR....

thilak4life
1st July 2007, 12:49 PM
Yes, Rahman used the tunes from HHIPY!

Kreedam
1st July 2007, 01:00 PM
Munbe va easily best melody but i have a doubt why ARR scores superb music for flop films but recycles music for hit films? :roll:

Ramakrishna
1st July 2007, 01:02 PM
Munbe va easily best melody but i have a doubt why ARR scores superb music for flop films but recycles music for hit films? :roll:

:?:

thilak4life
1st July 2007, 01:05 PM

How does he know that the film is going to flop? Gautam menon's assistant with a good team of cinematographer, editor, etc. With a strong cast of Surya, jothika, bhoomika,.. Romantic film vera. So, ARR would definitely give good tunes. Hit films-na, Mass films-ku Music should satisfy the end user. So, adhuku yetha madiri thaan poda mudiyum!

Kreedam
1st July 2007, 01:43 PM
:)

dinesh2002
1st July 2007, 03:30 PM

How does he know that the film is going to flop? Gautam menon's assistant with a good team of cinematographer, editor, etc. With a strong cast of Surya, jothika, bhoomika,.. Romantic film vera. So, ARR would definitely give good tunes. Hit films-na, Mass films-ku Music should satisfy the end user. So, adhuku yetha madiri thaan poda mudiyum!

:thumbsup: :clap: well said thilak!! :D

thilak4life
1st July 2007, 05:07 PM
The 'Meenaxi' track is 'Potter's village'. Just 'string' and 'percussion'(tabla,drums at regular intervals, and 'triangle', 'chimes', or something of that kind) with a woodwind in the middle. I liked the snake-charming 'acoustic' with the way it was 'orchestrated'. :thumbsup:

thineshan54321
2nd July 2007, 08:05 AM

how about the recent sahana. i think its more richer and grander in terms of overall presenation than munbe vaa.

rsubras
2nd July 2007, 04:32 PM
varalaru BGM definitely elevates the movie...especially for shivshankar ajith and the villain ajith, top notch and paces the mood perfectly for a masala movie

SOK BGM, especially in the flashback scenes between Surya and Bhoomika...soooper romantic...athulayum bhoomika propose pannumbothu, kottura mazhai la oru bgm varume..chanceless...does ne one have it?

dinesh2002
2nd July 2007, 05:07 PM
varalaru BGM definitely elevates the movie...especially for shivshankar ajith and the villain ajith, top notch and paces the mood perfectly for a masala movie

SOK BGM, especially in the flashback scenes between Surya and Bhoomika...soooper romantic...athulayum bhoomika propose pannumbothu, kottura mazhai la oru bgm varume..chanceless...does ne one have it?

subra,i released the movie's voiceless OST months ago... ill see if the link is still online....

dinesh2002
2nd July 2007, 05:09 PM
Yes, its still here :

http://singingphotons.net/arrbgm/SOK/

lucky the guy uploaded it in his dir... thanks to Sam.......

thineshan54321
3rd July 2007, 07:58 AM
hey dinesh, u might wanna change your signature. :)

dinesh2002
3rd July 2007, 03:08 PM

yyy???? :?

thineshan54321
3rd July 2007, 08:23 PM

because you are no longer the one and only Dinesh, I am here :lol: i am just kidding around, had nothing else to type. :P

BTW anyone get a hold of Taj anthem in tamil?

rsubras
3rd July 2007, 09:36 PM
hey dinesh.......thanks a ton dudeeeeeee :D :P :2thumbsup:

Wibha
4th July 2007, 05:21 AM
Yes, its still here :

http://singingphotons.net/arrbgm/SOK/

lucky the guy uploaded it in his dir... thanks to Sam.......

dinesh2002
4th July 2007, 01:25 PM

because you are no longer the one and only Dinesh, I am here :lol: i am just kidding around, had nothing else to type. :P

BTW anyone get a hold of Taj anthem in tamil?

oohh...hahah...taut ur THINESHAN, not DINESH :P ....

no actually, dun think the cd is out here in Malaysia yet, and yea,i dun see any signs of it beeing online also...the sample mp3 or anything.... :(

NP subra & wibha .....8-)

ALWAR_AJITH
4th July 2007, 01:43 PM
hi dinesh that sok bgm rite??? can we get godfather bgm?????

thineshan54321
4th July 2007, 07:00 PM
hi dinesh that sok bgm rite??? can we get godfather bgm?????

hi, i have the original dvd so i can rip out BGM. I have never done it before so i need to know what software ppl use. Ill only rip it if its not already online. so let me know, pretty sure there is.

ALWAR_AJITH
5th July 2007, 06:11 PM
i also dunknow buddy...somebody pls help

prasana84
7th July 2007, 09:36 PM
alaipayuthey-madhavan shalini bedla oppasite directionla paduthurukum pothu varum oru guitar piece awesome music bt that will cum only twice or thrice in the whole movie
iruvar-lead guitar piece endingula pear podum pothu varum also in the middle of the movie beautiful music

thineshan54321
12th July 2007, 08:28 AM
guys Rahman is truly a genious! :lol: i know its obvious but i have no other words.

i was listening to Rhythm when i was sleeping. i was half a sleep, sorta in a drugged state.
listen to dheem thanana dheem thanana from rhythm. we know the song says that women and water is one.

u guys might notice a water dropping sound but in that sound there is also a women's voice. each drop is both water sound and woman sound, it comes as one. i thought this was really creative and intelligent so not only the lyrics say women and water are one but even the music itself (literally the music itself) expresses the same. i never noticed this when i was completely awake. who knows how many more mysterious lay in ARR's compositions. wow! i am really amazed.

prasana84
12th July 2007, 10:35 PM
guys Rahman is truly a genious! :lol: i know its obvious but i have no other words.

i was listening to Rhythm when i was sleeping. i was half a sleep, sorta in a drugged state.
listen to dheem thanana dheem thanana from rhythm. we know the song says that women and water is one.

u guys might notice a water dropping sound but in that sound there is also a women's voice. each drop is both water sound and woman sound, it comes as one. i thought this was really creative and intelligent so not only the lyrics say women and water are one but even the music itself (literally the music itself) expresses the same. i never noticed this when i was completely awake. who knows how many more mysterious lay in ARR's compositions. wow! i am really amazed.
i love that song the background score 4 tat movie will be nice. mouth organla oru music varum apparum tham thanana padal music verra mathiri irukkum extraordinary music. backgroun scorera download panne kelunga ennum arumaiya irukkum bt even i dono where 2 download.

Ramakrishna
16th September 2007, 08:50 PM
Kadhalar Dhinam Theme Music - Piano Version (Listen Online)

http://forum.arrahman-online.com/viewtopic.php?t=991

sureshmehcnit
31st October 2007, 09:08 AM
I invivte you all to my new blog dedicated to background scores

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com

sureshmehcnit
18th January 2008, 11:20 AM
With everyone buzzing around JA songs, here is my take on Rahman's background score for Lagaan (with 40 BGM clips), read it when you are free

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com/2008/01/listening-lagaan.html

Jyothsna
4th February 2008, 01:06 PM
MY favourites are,
i)bgm in Karuthamma when maheshwari and raja plays shuttle,
ii)oh sa ni...from Bombay
iii)kannathil muthamittal climax and that gr8 bit song
iv) khadalan during bomb blast
v) AP when shalini gets ready for exam
vi) May madham when she comes back to home

vibinrajmani
15th May 2008, 02:05 PM
guys, anyone have "vinmeengal thaandi" bit song from Uyire?
Would really appreciate it guys.

Ramakrishna
15th May 2008, 03:49 PM

http://www.123musiq.com/SOURCE/Tamil%20Themes/Uyire%20Engagement%20BGM%20-%20123musiq.com.wma

vibinrajmani
16th May 2008, 01:18 AM

http://www.123musiq.com/SOURCE/Tamil%20Themes/Uyire%20Engagement%20BGM%20-%20123musiq.com.wma

thanks a lot Ramakrishna Sir :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
2nd June 2008, 06:01 AM
Hey Guys, I have ripped Nee Yaroo version II from the Original DVD-R and encoded it in 320kbps .... Here is the link :

http://rapidshare.com/files/119223527/Nee_Yaaro_II_-_Aayitha_Ezhuthu__Additional_Track_.mp3.html

united07
5th June 2008, 03:59 PM
Can you guys...listen to these songs in order...and advice...what else can be added to this list...

I'm creating a High Octane Playlist here.....

B-A-B-A
Love Check
Vaada Vaada Vankikada
Beat of Passion (Taal)
Palakathu Machanukku
Ruk Jaa (Bombay)
No Problem
Ayitha Ezuthu (Theme music)
Poovekennu Poottu
Bailelakka
Vetri Kodu Kattu
Azeem-O-Shan
New

I know that Ruk Jaa may sound awkward...but it has a heavy beat there...

pure bliss
5th June 2008, 07:11 PM
united,

oorvasi,
pettai rap,
shakalaka baby
mayelerage - remix

united07
6th June 2008, 03:00 PM
mayelerage - remix? is that original ARR composition, bliss?

dinesh2002
6th June 2008, 06:06 PM

i think he meant the "Maramkothiye" number..... it is a remix of Mayilirage tune isnt it.... 8-)

sureshmehcnit
3rd July 2008, 04:15 PM
Listening Guru Background Score

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com/2008/07/listening-guru.html

A.ANAND
4th July 2008, 07:07 AM

i think he meant the "Maramkothiye" number..... it is a remix of Mayilirage tune isnt it.... 8-)
maramkothiye remix done by rafi [singapore artist]not by rahman.

Ramakrishna
22nd September 2008, 07:57 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?1drmmgozjzj
Nadaswaram Bit of Yenna Solla Pogirai from Kandukondein Kandukondein

Ramakrishna
24th September 2008, 07:05 PM
Padaiyappa BGM bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?0wizwmz3kom

Ramakrishna
24th September 2008, 07:34 PM
Baba BGM bits

http://www.mediafire.com/?kmy9ptdr07r
http://www.mediafire.com/?pymoqzkauyh

Ramakrishna
29th September 2008, 02:08 PM
Kadhalan fusion
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e3b0f150d9706468d2db6fb9a8902bda

Ramakrishna
29th September 2008, 02:10 PM
Kadhalar dhinam theme

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e3b0f150d9706468d2db6fb9a8902bda

sarna_blr
29th September 2008, 02:13 PM
:ty: Ramakrishna for sharing these files :P

Ramakrishna
29th September 2008, 02:15 PM
You r welcome Sarna_blr :)

Ramakrishna
29th September 2008, 08:40 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?t2yzyydzkyn - Muthu BGMs

http://www.mediafire.com/?mbf0wy5zhmm - Muthu BGMs
http://www.mediafire.com/?qwgjtl05ade

Ramakrishna
4th October 2008, 08:07 PM
http://www.rahmanism.com/2007/07/set-me-free-as-asdileep-1991.html

thineshan54321
5th October 2008, 02:50 AM
does anyone have the CD of this? if so can u please rip it as WAV or FLAC and post it for us? sounds very MJish.

littlemaster1982
5th October 2008, 07:01 AM
Khwaja Ji Unplugged (http://www.mediafire.com/?mimi52ddtug). Ripped by Wasim (ARRYG).

sarna_blr
5th October 2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?t2yzyydzkyn - Muthu BGMs

http://www.mediafire.com/?mbf0wy5zhmm - Muthu BGMs
http://www.mediafire.com/?qwgjtl05ade

u r doing a great job :clap: :clap:

can u post Padayappaa BGM's also :roll: filesize not crossing 8 mb :twisted:

Ramakrishna
5th October 2008, 01:21 PM
Padaiyappa BGM bits

sarna_blr
5th October 2008, 01:29 PM
Padaiyappa BGM bits

more than 18 mb :oops:

littlemaster1982
17th October 2008, 10:33 AM
Worldspace Theme Tune - Rock Version (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=HU8VfzopT5c) - MP3 here (http://www.4shared.com/file/66733667/70e615d9/Signature_Tune_1.html)

Indian Classical version (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=RauRt10ttLI) - MP3 here (http://www.4shared.com/file/66971488/18ddfe93/WORLDSPACE_TUNES.html)

Scottish Version (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=4eUjrviTkYo)

Soft Instrumental Version (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfhg2Z42XNQ)

Ramakrishna
27th January 2009, 01:05 AM
http://download.rahmanism.com/Downloads/Roja/BGM31-RishiAndRojaReunion.mp3

This is the Roja BGM which is often used by SunTv during Tsunami and Gujarat Earthquakes. Initialy i never knew it was from Roja, but i loved this piece of music when it was played in suntv. I thought it was done by Suntv themselves :oops:
Appuram thaan therinjuthu ithu namma thalaivan music nu.
Amazing :musicsmile:

raagas
27th January 2009, 04:47 PM
can someone repost those World Space theme variations cited above.

littlemaster1982
27th January 2009, 04:59 PM
can someone repost those World Space theme variations cited above.

Raagas,

Do you want the mp3 versions?

Dilbert
9th February 2009, 02:43 AM
http://download-songs.in/post/Download-songs-Free-724-Mp3-A-R-Rahman-songs.aspx

Guys nsoy !

dinesh2002
15th February 2009, 09:28 PM
My Simple Valentines Gift to all A.R.Rahman Fans... - Jeans OST

Hi Guys, first of all, i would like to wish all of you a very Happy Valentines Day. You must be wondering why did i ripped this OST, when it has been released before. Well, i was watching the movie yesterday, and i couldnt but be amazed by A.R.Rahman's BGM in that film, and sad thing it was not in the previous relased Jeans OST.

I have ripped 80 Tracks in 256 VBR. Yes 80, im sorry for riping so many because i had no heart to exclude any bits, eventhough it was repeated 2 -3 times.

Im blown by few tracks, and i would recommend u guys to listen to the Track 54, and a special surprise to all of you. A.R.Rahman has lent his voice in one of the BGM, in Track 74.

A.R.Rahman has give many beautiful BGMs in this movie, which was hidden by dialogues, esp that Track 54. Its a mind blowing BGM. And Track 44, which has great BGM using the veenai. Do not miss it guys. A full 80 tracks, uploaded in 2 rar. files, 40 tracks in Each.

And Oh yeah, want to share with u the movie version of Anbe Anbe and Poovukul songs. You must be aware that Poovukul song in the movie had " Ajooba" word sung in the lines " Poovukul Olintherukkum Panikutham Athisayam...". It was not there in the audio.

And the Anbe Anbe had a powerful interludes, some extra instruments and clappings which was not in the audio version as well. Loved this version allot, the energy in those interludes simply WILL make u move along to it !

Here are the links :

Jeans OST Part 1 (86mb) : http://www.mediafire.com/?eydwlbn1xt5

Jeans OST Part 2 (41mb) : http://www.mediafire.com/?yykzom2wynn

Jeans OST Part 3 (65mb) : http://www.mediafire.com/?zunmdygloyu

Jeans Movie Version Songs (20MB) : http://www.mediafire.com/?fwytddjmgyz

Happy Valentines You All..... Enjoy ur Valentine (though its over) with this OST....

Ramakrishna
15th February 2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks a lot Dinesh :notworthy:

dinesh2002
16th February 2009, 07:24 AM
Thanks a lot Dinesh :notworthy:

Rama.... Valentines gift.... :D :swinghead:

Hope u enjoyed them..... :musicsmile:

littlemaster1982
16th February 2009, 07:42 AM
:ty: :ty: Dinesh :notworthy: