PDA

View Full Version : IR and Violin

Dragun
31st July 2005, 01:18 PM
What are some IR songs with violin solos?

nilavupriyan
31st July 2005, 08:09 PM
What are some IR songs with violin solos?
my favourite is ir's rerecording in apoorva sagodharargal with violin.i think all remember it?

njv
31st July 2005, 09:23 PM
I thought the same thing, "Unna Ninachaen Pattu Padichaen" song

S.Balaji
1st August 2005, 06:07 PM
Nilavondru kanden en jannalil - From kai rasi karan

and also - Kavi veesum thaamarai - fm the same movie

Also, Sridevi en vazvil arul seya vaa - Ilamai kolam

Full of violin

ananth222
1st August 2005, 10:19 PM
If you really want to feel the magic IR can weave with some violins, listen to HTNI and NBW. Words cannot describe them.

S.Balaji
1st August 2005, 10:24 PM
V.S.Narasimhan was IR's right hand and is a great violinist.

He has was the MD for Achamillai Achamillai - KBs

Great support for IR.

Guys, you all should listen to Rajapaarvai - the first scene where IR brought everything out of Violin only !!!

Especially that piece will gather momentum in the final stages of the scene and I have no words to describe . At one stage Abaswaram Ramji will appear from dark and will play his favourite drums . Great show

Shankar
2nd August 2005, 10:06 AM
Balaji,
That piece is called "the Modern Concerto"...brilliant work by Raja.

The apoorva sahodharargaL theme is another great violin piece.

app_engine
2nd August 2005, 09:14 PM
I posted in another thread the following...for some reason, I think this thread has some relation:-)

http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=200663&disdate=8/2/2005

Kunnakkudi given `karnAtaka isai gnAni' title:-) PB Srinivas also called `isai gnAni' and there is an unnecessary story about a Raja who didn't know anything about sangeetham....

JJ'kku IR mEl enna ivvaLavu kAttam?

vimalpercy
2nd August 2005, 09:27 PM
kala kala maga from punnagain mannan is a good number.
Manitha manitha un vizigal from kan sivandhal man sivakkum starting violin piece is a good number.
How to name it album there are many excellent violin nrs are given by IR

Ennule Ennule - Valli, in that one the violin based background and licks were very nice to hear especially in pallavi of the song.

rajasaranam
3rd August 2005, 01:02 AM
I posted in another thread the following...for some reason, I think this thread has some relation:-)

http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=200663&disdate=8/2/2005

Kunnakkudi given `karnAtaka isai gnAni' title:-) PB Srinivas also called `isai gnAni' and there is an unnecessary story about a Raja who didn't know anything about sangeetham....

JJ'kku IR mEl enna ivvaLavu kAttam?

U are ill informed about the enmity between both IR and JJ it seems. :)
There was function somewhere around 1991 after JJ became the CM. All were arriving one by one and.... as IR's car entered the porch he was asked to get aside and wait as JJ is expected to arrive shortly. IR never heeded to them and went on saying ' naan yaarukakavum nikka mudiyathu' This reflected in the function too GV nitpicking on this incident, commenting that ' sila perukku than entha thesathu rajanno nenappu vanthudu vetrikku pinnala'.
This led into a cold war bet ween them further - like GV influencing MR to use someone else as MD for further movies. And JJ trying to popularize ARR against IR. She made him compose for the SAF games opening ceremony and also making him perform at her son :lol: sudhakaran's marriage. Further she went on giving troubles to their family also by seizing GA paiyanur bunglow etc., She is a person who doesnt forget the past and it has reflected like this while the whole Tamizh community is celebrating the success of TIS.

app_engine
3rd August 2005, 01:23 AM
I've definitely read about that...however, that was long back...(even GV is dead)...there must be something recent that prompted this sharp attack (unfortunately in a function to appreciate a good violinist)...

S.Balaji
3rd August 2005, 11:01 AM
Coming back to Voilin and IR,

madai thirandhu thaavum nadhiyalai naan - Nizalgal

Terrific use of Violin

Shankar
3rd August 2005, 11:50 AM
Raja has utilized the violin more effectively in the BG Scores than in songs. Violin is such an expressive instrument, that one can create all sorts of moods with it...
For one,
The Sr. Rajnikant theme from NetrikkaNN is a good example of mischeivousness and apoorva sahodarargaL theme is a great case for poignant scenes (forget the hindi MDs use of violin for sad scenes...want a sample ?, listen to the Mahabharata (teleserial) BG Score..utterly hopeless)

S.Balaji
3rd August 2005, 11:54 AM
Raja has utilized the violin more effectively in the BG Scores than in songs. Violin is such an expressive instrument, that one can create all sorts of moods with it...
For one,
The Sr. Rajnikant theme from NetrikkaNN is a good example of mischeivousness and apoorva sahodarargaL theme is a great case for poignant scenes (forget the hindi MDs use of violin for sad scenes...want a sample ?, listen to the Mahabharata (teleserial) BG Score..utterly hopeless)

Shankar,

Nice that you had pointed out on BGM of IR. Have you listened to BGMs of :

1. Johnny
2. Nenjathai killadhay
3. Rajapaarvai

Milestones for IR

Shankar
3rd August 2005, 02:31 PM
Johnny love theme is one of the best...Many of us have heard it recently in the form of 7GRC theme (The piano piece in the theme...the choral portion was added by ysr)...

The piece manifests itself in various forms in many scenes notables ones are,
1. When Rajnikant asks for a 1 rupee from sridevi on his b'day...When sridevi asks him "indha adhirshtathai enakku ovvoru varushamum kuduppeengaLa", the solo violin starts the theme with a couple of more backing it...and flute takes over ! Awesome Score !!

2. In the last half hour, when Rajni clarifies sridevi's doubts about him, he asks "ennavo padapada nu ennapathi pEsittengaLE, En appadi ellAm pEsittenga" (in a friendly tone), and sridevi shyly responds "nAn appadi thAn pEsuvEn" and they burst into laughter...then starts the theme, this time a solo piano (This is what is found in 7GRC).

3. The last time is when Rajni is about to leave sridevi..the theme in a sad mood. This time its a group of violins. This is the longest version of the theme.

Shankar
3rd August 2005, 02:32 PM
RajapArvai has too many scenes with brilliant scores...Modern concerto tops the list

Shankar
3rd August 2005, 02:33 PM
IMO, Idhayam has one of the greatest scores by Raja...No major orchestra at work...Simple themes, interspersed with stunning silent moments...Classic score.

Cinefan
3rd August 2005, 03:50 PM
When talking of BGM's,personally i love his work in Guna.I am not very good at remembering certain scenes&technically explaining the score.

Can some one do that?

I love the BGM when Kamal first meets 'Abirami'at the temple distributing 'laddos'.

S.Balaji
3rd August 2005, 04:09 PM
Nizalgal - milestone for IR on BGM.

Especially the violin piece of the song - Madai thiranthu

will appear in several stages

NormalMan
4th August 2005, 11:03 PM
Where is V.S.Narasimhan these days? Is he still with IR?

krihoo
28th September 2005, 10:09 AM
in RAMANA when the building collapse , the VIOLIN music is mind blowing....literally its like the VIOLIN is crying like rajkiran

Surya
20th October 2005, 05:34 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I was amazed by Raja's violen piece in "Poongathave" song from Nizhalgal.

satish
22nd October 2005, 07:50 PM
Can people come down with a list of people who have played instruments for IR over the last two decades? This would be FYI for many, and, who knows, could be a credit for the artists themselves ;-)
Let us bring the people behind to the front.....

music man
23rd October 2005, 12:10 PM
This BGM actually came in "Pallavi Anupallavi" ( MR's first movie in Kannada) and subsequently IR used his score again in some 80's tamil song.It's a very famous song...The problem is I dont know the tamil movie name....
I know with this information it is difficult to find out..But friends try to find out...Its one of those IR classics.

Shankar
24th October 2005, 10:11 AM
satish,
For Raja...

(regular memebers)
1. Puru - percussions
2. viji manuel - keyboard.
3. napoleon - flute
4. V S Narasimhan - lead violinist.

Sivamani, guitar prasanna have played for Raja but aren't regular members of his team.

Shankar
24th October 2005, 10:12 AM
MSV Raja (who scored the music for a movie called kaRuppu Roja is also part of Raja's team.

satish
24th October 2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks Shankar. Are Nepolean and Singer Arunmozhi the same person by any chance?

Shankar
24th October 2005, 02:17 PM
yes...

thumburu
24th October 2005, 02:37 PM
Sadanand is one of the guitarists in IR's team. Not sure if he is MD Sudharshanam's son. Prasad, a tabla expert plays for both MSV and IR . Noted veena exponent E.Gayathri has also played for few IR songs of late 70's like "sugamo aayiram" in the film "thunai iruppaaL meenakshi"

Shankar
24th October 2005, 05:01 PM
yes...how could i forget sada...He's been with Raja for quite a while...He along with sundararajan (?) were the first few members inducted into Raja's team, I heard.