PDA

View Full Version : A R Rehman a short cut to the Oscars?

dinesh2002
13th August 2005, 03:14 PM
A R Rehman a short cut to the Oscars?
After an interval, A R Rehman is again composing music for a Hindi film 'Khazan' produced and directed by Tanvir Ahmed. The film aims to make it to the Oscars.

A mix of sex and crime, with a bit of Hitchcock thrown in, the film is to be shot mostly in the Kottayam area of Kerala. The rest of the film is to be shot in Goa.

This month, 'Mangal Pandey' is being released. It has music composed by A R Rehman. For the past 4 years, Aamir Khan has not worked in any other film but 'Mangal Pandey.' One could say that his 'Lagaan' barely missed winning an Oscar. So Aamir is all the more determined to win an Oscar this time at least.

One important reason for 'Lagaan' getting near an Oscar is the music by Rehman. To get an Oscar nomination, one needs to give proper film publicity to the jury members. For 'Lagaan,' Aamir Khan spent an astronomical sum for publicity purposes.

If A R Rehman's music makes a film a contender for the Oscars, then anyone aiming for the Oscars, makes a beeline for A R Rehman.

We are indeed proud that Bollywood thinks our A R Rehman is a short cut to the Oscars!
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/12082005-6.shtml

dinesh2002
13th August 2005, 03:20 PM
A R Rehman goes the full mile in bollywood

Behindwoods
August 13, 2005

A.R. Rehman is the music director of the much hyped Mangal Pandey- The Rising, starring Aamir Khan which has an international opening today. The music is extremely good and evokes emotions of empathy and nationalism. His forthcoming film is called Kazan. It is said to be a sex and crime thriller directed and produced by Tanveer Ahmed. Almost eighty percent of the shooting is over. Three new girls make their debut in this film.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News26/13-8-05/tamil-movies-news-arrahman.html

IsaiRasigan
15th August 2005, 10:20 AM
Is there never a pause in exercising stupidity by ARR fans?
We all know how they keep harping on things like "ARR is the best....that movie is the best....this release is the best.....even my nephew was humming the music when i was leaving for work...etc" but do they not have any limit in their level of stupidity?
Are they that dumb to not even realize how this production is going to be like, leave alone music. Or better still, will the movie really get made? Even if the movie is made, what are the chances of the music appealing to Hollywood. His chinese movie score drowned into oblivion. That score was just modelled using synthesizer but performed by Czech orchestra. How many ARR fans bought the original soundtrack???

nilavupriyan
15th August 2005, 12:28 PM
arr is the shortcut for oscars????????????//idhellam romba over........sathya jit ray enna avar padathula arr maadhiri ranjava music vetchurundharu............some oscar winning films nearly have no music at all......only very small amout of bgm

dinesh2002
15th August 2005, 04:43 PM
Is there never a pause in exercising stupidity by ARR fans?
We all know how they keep harping on things like "ARR is the best....that movie is the best....this release is the best.....even my nephew was humming the music when i was leaving for work...etc" but do they not have any limit in their level of stupidity?
Are they that dumb to not even realize how this production is going to be like, leave alone music. Or better still, will the movie really get made? Even if the movie is made, what are the chances of the music appealing to Hollywood. His chinese movie score drowned into oblivion. That score was just modelled using synthesizer but performed by Czech orchestra. How many ARR fans bought the original soundtrack???

your whole message shows us one thing : PURE JELOUSY
and let me inform u,i did buy the original sountrack,for Malaysian Ringgit 44 !!

alias
15th August 2005, 07:50 PM
Last night I watched The Rising finally on a big screen. When the opening credit starting rolling, I started whistiling when Aamir Khan and AR Rahman named appeared on the screen. Man, what a BGM from the greatest music director on earth. He takes the movie to a great height with his absorbing and grand music. These are some of highlight where his music arouse and takes the audience to a journey never been before.

Aamir Khan's entry. When they show his face, the BGM is so great that it makes the audience go in rapture.
When Aamir Khan declares that he is going to revolt against the British and goes never the cannon and say Fire.
When he blew the trumphet and ask his fellow sepoys to revolt.
When he fights with Toby in wrestling.

And these are just few scenes but u have to watch to feel the movie. ARR is simply the best and excellent. He has given the movie an international feel. And songs I think Mangala (final version) is a simply a treat, it gives u goose bumps and makes u feel proud to be an Indian. Mein Vari Vari is a song which makes audience go crazy. Excellent. Takey Takey, Al Madath, Rasiya, Holi are cut short and suites ok to the movie.

There are 4 heroes in the movie. Aamir Khan (the guy without whom Mangal Pandey is unthinkable), AR Rahman (the MD without whom Mangal Pandey would be incomplete), Ketan metha (without whom this movie would never been made) and last not least Farookh dandody (screenplay without which the movie would not been rocking).