PDA

View Full Version : your all time favorite album

coucou
16th August 2005, 05:00 PM
some album are nice to listen but after one year, even some months we fed up to listen this album. but some albums are evergreen. this is my favorites album:

1- roja, the first album of arr and the best because of introducing of new voices (hariharan, minmini) and refreshing tunes.

2- uyire for mix of western and tradition in nenjinile and a good peppy number (thaiyya thaiyya) i've ever listen till today. this is one peppy number i listen even today.

3- minnale for the ochestration of hj in vaseegara and beautiful sad song (venmathi vanmathi)

4- thalapathy for the composition of ilayaraja in rakkamma. it's great job of ilayaraja for choice of instrument and for swarnalatha!!!

5- karna, just for malare mounama, wooooooooooooooooov what a voice of spb and janaki. since this song i like the couple spb-janaki.

AND FOR YOU?

njv
16th August 2005, 07:08 PM
Johnny - needless to say. IR at his best.
Agni Natchatram - I lost interest for a while, but IR's Wings album iwth much better recording quality made me go back to this album.
Kannathil Muthamittal - Oru Deivam Thantha Songs...
Warriors Of Heaven And Earth - It takes me away from Earth to Heaven
Mudhal Mariyathai - Enna solluvaen en ullam thaangalae

Listing 5 favorite album is almost impossible, specially when IR and ARR ruled TFM. These are the songs I listen to any time any day any mood with out any doubt. I have more, probably another 200 atleast, but the ones in my car AND cd player are these songs.

i included WOHE cuz its by a tamilian, even if its not a tamil album.

dinesh2002
16th August 2005, 07:37 PM
1.Alaipayuthey
2.Boys
3.Jeans
4.Iruvar
5.Kodieswaran

its really tough.....but these r the albums which i listen most of the time...esp Boys & Alaipayuthey....both i play on my radio nearly everyday!! :P

alias
16th August 2005, 08:07 PM
I think I would say the following albums in order of my choice

1. Agni Natchitram ( i think this is best album ever made strictly according to me. Each and every song is a gem and trendsetter).
2. Kadhalan, Roja (no words to describe these great albums).
3. Payanagal Mudivathillai, Mouna Ragam (Gem of an albums)
4. Dilse,Boys and Lagaan
5. Raja Paravai (since this has my all time fav. song Andhi Mazhai).

nilavupriyan
16th August 2005, 09:17 PM
my all time favourites....

1)heyy raam("nee partha" and "isayil thodangudhamma" are excellent songs)

2)mouna ragam

3)aboorva sagotharargal(a mix of beat songs and melodies)

4)alaipayuthey("kadhal sadugudu" and "evano oruvan" are really superb)

5)thalapathi(all songs are wonderful)

6)minnale(all songs are brilliant)

7)anbe sivam(for that one song."yaar yaar sivam"..the film had good bgm too.the other songs are also wonderful)

Jacky
16th August 2005, 09:50 PM
IR - Alaigal oyivathillai, Anjali, Kalaingyan
ARR - Thiruda Thiruda, Uzhavan, Pudiya Mugam, Boys

Sanjeevi
16th August 2005, 09:57 PM
My fav. albums are

1. Kathal Oviyam (wov), Nizhalgal (3 songs), Mouna ragam (wov), Agni natchathram (trendsetter), Moonram Pirai (Kanna kalaimanae)
2. Sindhu Bairavi (classical), Nayagan (nice), Chinnathambi (poovoma - something special with Fluid & Violin combo), Karakattakaran (simply folk melodies),
3. Puthu Puthu Arthangal (kalyana malai), En bommakutti Ammavukku (Kannae kaniyamuthey), Apoorva Sagatharargal (nice), Neengal Kettaivai (wov)
4. Nandu (Alli thantha boomi, a hindi song), Buvana oru kelvikuri (Viliyilae), Ninaika therintha Manamae (a stunning melogy "Engengu nee senra pothum")
5. Any many IR albums ....
5. Many ARR albums like Uyirae, Roja, Kankalal Kaithu Sei, Boys, .....
6. YSR albums like Kadhal kondaen, 7G, Poovellam kettupar, Raam, Mounam pesiyathey, Manmadhan, Dheena
7. Others, Minnalae, Kakka kakka, Ninaithalae inikkum, Rayil payanangalil

"isayil thodangudhamma"

I like very very much this song, again a gem from IR. :D.

nilavupriyan
16th August 2005, 10:00 PM
YEAH..........that was an excellent song and i liked that voice also.its peculiar.that too the rhythm thagathimthim thagathim thim thim.......excellent

Sanjeevi
16th August 2005, 10:13 PM
YEAH..........that was an excellent song and i liked that voice also.its peculiar.that too the rhythm thagathimthim thagathim thim thim.......excellent[/quote]

I am a fan of that song. One thing, I want to remember. Once I saw a TV programme about Hey ram. Kamal told about this song as his brother eyes is fully of tears while hearing the song for the first time.

nilavupriyan
16th August 2005, 10:23 PM
i too saw a program on hey raam which telecasted the recording of that song.kamal really enjoyed the recording of that song by just making that rhythm in his head with his hands........its comes under my top 5

dinesh2002
18th August 2005, 08:06 PM
some of PERFECT rate songs from ARR

1.Kannuku Mai Azhagu - Pudhiya Mugam
2.Yen Mel Vizhuntha - May Madham
3.Poovukul - Jeans ( The way the chorus goes " Uuuuu" when Unni sings " Athisayame santhepogum, nee yenthan athisayam" is mesmerising!!!
4.Putham Pudhu Boomi - Thiruda Thiruda
5.Thee Thee - Thiruda Thiruda
6.Ennavale - Kadhalan
7.Anjali - Duet
8.Narumugaye - Iruvar
9.En Uyir tozhiye - KKS
10.Raa kazhi - Uzhavan

im not sure u guys know this or not,but the in Poovukul - Jeans,starting they will be " O Aini O Aini" which means I LOVE U (O Aini) in chinese..... 8)

yvsmani
19th August 2005, 12:20 PM
1. many Ir albums - specifically - kaadhal oviyum, idhaya kovil, johnny, ullasa paravaigal, nadodi thendral, nilavae mugam kattu
2. ARR - roja, pudhiya mugam, KKS, kannathil muththamittal, kandu konden kandukonden
3. sirpi - gokulam
4. VS - thendral, gilli,alli thantha vaanam
5. bharadwaj - kadhal mannan, paandavar boomi, autograph
6. thudikkum karangal, sigaram, unnidam saranadainthen
7. YSR - dheena, 7G RC, kadhal konden
8. KR - album, DUm dum dum, ullam kollai poguthae
9. CB - medhuvaa medhuvaa ( anna nagar muthal theru), ethetho ennam (vaai kozuppu), vasanthi
10. SAR - unnidathil ennai koduththen
11. HJ - chellamae, leysa leysa
12. SG - mazhaiyae mazhaiyae (amma), many good VJ songs
13. Maragathamani - azhagan, nee pathi naan pathi, deva raagam
--------ippadi intha list poi konde irukkum

interz
20th August 2005, 12:07 AM
VS - povellam un vaasam, dhool, dhil, uyirodu uyiraga, snehithiye, thendral, ghilli, run, chandramukhi...

ARR - list is too big - almost every movie soundtracks except a few

HJ - Minnale, Majunu, Saamy, Kaakke Kaakke, Anniyan

YSR - Kathal Konden, 7g rainbow colony, Manmadhan,

IL - especially the 80's songs i like

Deva - Baatsha, Aasai, Kushi, Annamalai, En Aasai Machan, Indhu

Sirpy - Ullathai Allitha, Mettukudi, Unnai Ninaithu

Athithyan - Amaran, Asuran, Roja Malare

alias
20th August 2005, 12:49 AM
interz, you missed Karna for VS. That mounama song was an ultimate song in his career. And for couple of Arjun movies which he had composed.

dinesh2002
20th August 2005, 12:57 PM
Malare mounama is just VS version of ARR's Roja Pudhu Vellai Mazhai...same base beats & same picturisation (settings/place).... 8)