PDA

View Full Version : Thotti Jaya beats Aah Aah!!!

pirathib
13th September 2005, 01:21 PM
Chennai Box-Office (Sep 09-11)

Silambarasan's Thottijaya is at the top position this week at Chennai box-office. The film had an impressive opening and has netted nearly Rs 19 Lakhs from five Chennai theatres. At the second place is Saif-Preity starrer Salaam Namaste that collected a whopping Rs 16.32 Lakhs from three screens.

At number three we have S.J.Suryah's Ah..Aah followed by Kalooriyin Kathai and No Entry at fourth and fifth place respectively.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13938869

Harris and Rahmans music are the highlight in both movies...but Thotti Jaya wins the game!

united07
13th September 2005, 01:59 PM
Checkout the review of TJ in Cinesouth...
it says one of the minus point of the movie was the copied music...even they stated clearly that one can hear Muthalvan song in the background music.....and some copied songs from TiS!...

sure it has beaten Ah..Aah!

reagan87
13th September 2005, 02:47 PM
The Thotta Power song in Thotti Jaya was actually composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja and not Harris Jayaraj and you can see they credited Yuvan at the beginning of the film. Overall I think Thotti Jaya songs was actually good and doesnt deserve some unneccesary comments like the one from Cinesouth. They're always opposing any good movies and I certainly feel their reviewer has some really bad taste for movies.

Another point is that, the second song which was used to introduce Gopika wasn't included in the movie soundtrack album which was released priorly. But the song Yaaridamum was actually avoided in the movie because the song was the exact copy of the song from the movie Gharshanaa which was used to introduce Asin like the one they did in the movie Kakka Kakka to introduce Jyothika. So the song Yaaridamum was avoided so that there shouldn't be unnecessary problems for Kalaipuli S Thanu like the one he faced for the movie Sachein after a song was lifted without any prior permission. Once bitten twice shy...

pirathib
13th September 2005, 05:01 PM
well if u ask me...thotta power song has typical harris music...even the beats are similar to the ones in ullam ketkume "enai panthada"...so it must be a song by harris.

thumburu
13th September 2005, 05:10 PM
hmmm nice insider information you are providing
reagan87(BTW, r u RonaldReagan fan by any chance?) :D

reagan87
13th September 2005, 06:40 PM
hmmm nice insider information you are providing
reagan87(BTW, r u RonaldReagan fan by any chance?) :D

Nah i'm not his fan neither himself...hehehe
My name is Reagan !

baba88
13th September 2005, 07:26 PM
Hello,

Thotti Jeya will fell badly in the next week.
But Ah Aah will go on. That's the point.
The opening of Thotti Jeya is better then Ah Aah.
But who wants to watch a boring Action movie without any thing special again and again ?
Ah Aah will be like New.

Wait and See...

alias
14th September 2005, 01:43 AM
Probablty it got good opening due to Simbu but as far as music is concerned, it is not even closer to Aa Aaha. TJ is a looser all the way.

MusicIsLife
14th September 2005, 08:42 AM
Every movie is a loser or bad, if ARR is not the MD for a movie according to Alias i guess.

svaisn
14th September 2005, 09:03 AM
Hello,

Thotti Jeya will fell badly in the next week.
But Ah Aah will go on. That's the point.
The opening of Thotti Jeya is better then Ah Aah.
But who wants to watch a boring Action movie without any thing special again and again ?
Ah Aah will be like New.

Wait and See...

I dont think so..

New was better than BF

united07
14th September 2005, 09:21 AM
"Thotti Jaya beats Aah Aah!!!" I think the thread title is not complete...

it should have been

"Thotti Jaya beats Aah Aah!!! Ha..Haa...."

alias
14th September 2005, 07:38 PM
Music4life, I did not say that. I am talking about music here. TJ music is a looser and not the movie. I have confidence in the director Durai that he would have made a decent movie. So stop your analysis :huh:

reagan87
15th September 2005, 10:47 AM
Music4life, I did not say that. I am talking about music here. TJ music is a looser and not the movie. I have confidence in the director Durai that he would have made a decent movie. So stop your analysis :huh:

I can't believe your sayin TJ music is a looser! I suppose the songs are actually rocking everywhere down the Indian streets. Actually i believe they're good though not the best. You've got to accept something which by fact is the truth. Come on, I'm sure you would have enjoyed the BGMS in Thotti Jaya. Those are really really good and i mean it. But Anniyan's BGM was dissapointing, A.R. Rahman would have done it far much better.

alias
15th September 2005, 11:11 PM
Reagen, to be honest, I just watched TJ in Thiruthu VCD and hence could not get the proper sound for BGM :) But I dont know how the songs are rocking on the Indian streets? Is this is a joke or you really mean it? Except Uyirin En Uyire all the other songs are trash. So how can the music rock? Either our people have gone insane or u r kidding :-)

njv
15th September 2005, 11:38 PM
Reagen, to be honest, I just watched TJ in Thiruthu VCD and hence could not get the proper sound for BGM :) But I dont know how the songs are rocking on the Indian streets? Is this is a joke or you really mean it? Except Uyirin En Uyire all the other songs are trash. So how can the music rock? Either our people have gone insane or u r kidding :-)

As far as I know, both Aa Aah and TJ audio failed commercially. Still Annian CDs are hot cakes, followed by Gajini and followed by Arindhum Ariyamalum, ONOK, Aa Aah. TJ is no where in the competition.

If we are talking about BGM, well HJ copies from lot of places, and ARR happens to be the one and most of case!

MADDY
16th September 2005, 12:14 AM
As far as I know, both Aa Aah and TJ audio failed commercially. Still Annian CDs are hot cakes, followed by Gajini and followed by Arindhum Ariyamalum, ONOK, Aa Aah. TJ is no where in the competition.

now, where did u get the info that A Ah is selling less than ONOK and AA???njv, a ah featured in no.1 place in almost all countdowns with some countdowns like oli.com where 65% of votes had gone to a ah with other movies making up for rest of 35%..........stop cracking jokes, even worst of ARR's albums will sell more than best of YSR's albums cos ARR has a huge fan base compared to yuvan and HJ.........

alias
16th September 2005, 01:13 AM
Yes Maddy, I dont know where did he get information from. It clearly shows Aa Aaha is way way ahead of TJ,ONOK,KNM,OKK and AOKK. AA, Anniyan has completed their run and goes in retirment list. It is AA all the way. I think in every news they say Mayilgare song has become famous even before the release of movie which clearly indicate the popularity of the album. No other album or songs are even talked before the release... Only ARR albums are. And coming to ONOK, the movie is utter flop and so is the songs. Probably this week, it leave Top 10.

slperson1
16th September 2005, 04:59 AM
why u talkin abt the bgm?
ive been watchin for about 45 min now and ive heard like 5 bgm from his old movies.all 3 or so pieces are new.

slperson1
16th September 2005, 07:54 AM
how come chandramuhki is allowed to have double meaning dialogues and suggestive scenes without people whining about it?that was suppose to be family movie.yet from the trailor of ah aah itself u know that it will ahve those kinda scenes yet people are whining?

Sanjeevi
18th September 2005, 11:14 PM
Yesterday I watched Thotti Jeya in Kamala theatre. An average movie with average music. One 'kuthu' (with white lady) song reminds me one Ilaiyaraja song which is "Nagaru Nagaru" in Sathya

njv
19th September 2005, 10:02 PM

now, where did u get the info that A Ah is selling less than ONOK and AA???njv, a ah featured in no.1 place in almost all countdowns with some countdowns like oli.com where 65% of votes had gone to a ah with other movies making up for rest of 35%..........stop cracking jokes, even worst of ARR's albums will sell more than best of YSR's albums cos ARR has a huge fan base compared to yuvan and HJ.........

Check your PM.

MrJudge
20th September 2005, 10:16 AM
njv,

Why don't you post where you got the info? Are you talking about your store, dvdonline or something?

united07
20th September 2005, 10:42 AM
MrJudge,

you remind me of the burger in SRK's hand eyeing Bubli...

"vantuttaru vaaye polantukittu!"

dinesh2002
27th September 2005, 03:51 PM
The Thotta Power song in Thotti Jaya was actually composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja and not Harris Jayaraj and you can see they credited Yuvan at the beginning of the film. ...

my fren said its SAMBA SAMBA is the 1 by Yuvan Shankar Raja...

reagan87
27th September 2005, 11:56 PM
my fren said its SAMBA SAMBA is the 1 by Yuvan Shankar Raja...

Samba Samba is a title created by yourself and your friend !!! The actual title of the song is Thotta Power. Get that right buddy !!!

MADDY
28th September 2005, 10:36 AM
get that rite naa dinesh, otherwise u wont get moksha/nirvana......

long time, no see.....where were u dinesh???

dinesh2002
28th September 2005, 11:04 AM
Samba Samba is a title created by yourself and your friend !!! The actual title of the song is Thotta Power. Get that right buddy !!!

sory,i didint know what taht song released as!! but i hope ur not deaf to listen to the starting of the song where it goes " Samba Sambale" he mentioned to me about the song according to that line...i dont think its wrong to say it that way too....coz the LINES DOES APPEAR in the song...... just like saying the song Pachai nirame as " sakiye snedhithiye"

dinesh2002
28th September 2005, 11:07 AM
get that rite naa dinesh, otherwise u wont get moksha/nirvana......

long time, no see.....where were u dinesh???

hahahaha yea man....i doubt i cant get moksha now..." im so scard" :lol:

btw....i was busy with studies this whole time....was running here & there to catch up with my Art thingy....and ill be sitting for my Art exam ( MAIN ONE) tommorow 29.9.2005..... after this also i think i will go missing for 1 month...hehehe not sure....did i miss anything with ARR except the show in s'pore???? :?

reagan87
28th September 2005, 11:39 AM
sory,i didint know what taht song released as!! but i hope ur not deaf to listen to the starting of the song where it goes " Samba Sambale" he mentioned to me about the song according to that line...i dont think its wrong to say it that way too....coz the LINES DOES APPEAR in the song...... just like saying the song Pachai nirame as " sakiye snedhithiye"

Its okay if u dont know what's the exact tittle of the song and I aint blaming you for that. But what seems inappropriate was that you were correcting me as if I was wrong. Don't you think the way you wrote it sounds like it ? And of course on earth it isnt wrong to say the way you like it but IT IS wrong to correct someone when you dont arm yourself with proper details of the facts. It makes you look silly defending for something that you aint sure if its true or else. Anyway no big deal here...just letting you know some honest thoughts.

rsubras
28th September 2005, 12:00 PM
saripa reagan, ipo enna aachu.......... avaru etho thanakku therinjatha sonnaru..ippa avaru thapu nu sonnathala internals la mark kuraichiduvangala enna?

A.ANAND
30th September 2005, 07:17 AM
thoti jaya innu oru padam vanthirukka?????