PDA

View Full Version : National Football League

Thiru
23rd October 2005, 08:10 AM
Any NFL fans out there in the hub??

sabari
30th November 2005, 12:18 AM
yo...rite here from the champions home....howz the TO thing playing out there in the city of brotherly luv?

Thiru
1st December 2005, 10:39 PM
TO got the right treatment for what he did.. Now if the Birds can get Wayne from Free agency next year, it will be great... Btw, looks like Weiss and Crennel were the ones who made the pats champions...

sabari
1st December 2005, 11:04 PM
reggie wayne??? i dont see colts letting him go...but if they win the superbowl this year they might...as far as weiss and crennel...yes n no....no because the main culprit is injuries to the key players and destroying the secondary completely...yes because if they were there they wudve managed the injury situation far better because bellichik doesnt have to worry about coaching much....either way pats are still going to play offs and u never know what can happen between now n then :D

Thiru
1st December 2005, 11:53 PM
Well the colts cant keep James as well as Wayne next season because of the salary cap problems.. I dont see them letting James go... With the colts team, whoever you put in as a wide receiver is going to get a lot of chances...

With the pats, I can understand the injury factor on the defense.. but what about the offense? Brady doesnt look like the same when weiss was calling the plays... They will make the playoffs easily with 3 guaranteed wins (2 vs jets and 1 vs dolphins) left Blame it on the poor division they are playing... Their wins have come against poor teams this season(except stelers) and their losses have come against good teams.. thats not a good thing if you are pats fan..

sabari
2nd December 2005, 12:34 AM
im not worried about brady the only worst game he had was last week against the chiefs....the main reason for offense being bad is because they dont have a solid running game rite now...if dillon gets healthy and becomes the same runner he was last year the opponent teams have to watch out because the defense is improving...the colts and denver scored 40+ points...kansas city is the same explosive offense but they scored only 26 with 4 field goals......well they won against atlanta too if u remember....im not too excited about their chances in play offs but i wudnt discount them too....as far as reggie wayne is concerned if he becomes a free agent then philly will get into a bidding war with atlanta unless TO goes to atlanta

Thiru
2nd December 2005, 01:52 AM
sabari, I dont think atlanta is a good team.. They got an easy schedule in the first half this year and still they are only tied for 2nd in their division... I'm with the group who thinks Vick is over-rated.. Agreed he's dangerous when he runs but he's equally dangerous to his team when he throws the ball..

Anyway, my guess is TO goes to Denver or Dallas...No receiver has shined in Atlanta and that might make Wayne sign with the eagles.. hopefully..

I dont see pats or steelers being dominant as they were last season.. For some reason Denver looks like the most complete team out there..

sabari
2nd December 2005, 03:11 AM
actually thriu vick has evolved this season as a pocket passer....have u recently noticed his passing percentages?? high completion rate and very few interceptions.....all he needs is an outstanding receiver...since TO being from atlanta if falcons show interest he will sign with them....he is not going to get another fat contract for sure n he knows that....it will be interesting to see where he goes...yes dallas has a high probability of signing him....i dont see pats as a dominant team as well but i wudnt just discount them in the playoffs if they get healthy...

Thiru
6th December 2005, 08:31 PM
Two places that TO could be playing next year are Miami and Denver.. Dallas could still get him but I dont think he's a good fit under parcells..

sabari
13th December 2005, 04:08 AM
thiru guess u must be happy with the way iggies played yesterday..looks like McMahon did a pretty decent job

Thiru
13th December 2005, 08:42 PM
thiru guess u must be happy with the way iggies played yesterday..looks like McMahon did a pretty decent job

They played pretty well and had a few chances to win the game.. A healthy mcnabb and a good receiver (walker or wayne) along with Pinkston and Reggie brown would be more than enough for a superbowl run.. NFC is still a questionable conference with inconsistent teams like carolina, tampabay, minnesota, giants, etc..
btw, Watch out for the dolphins next season..

sabari
14th December 2005, 12:04 AM
nah im not too worried about AFC east teams...unless dolphins get a good QB they are not going to win games that matters....actually now the AFC teams have to watch out for patriots!!!!!! since they got both the runnin backs back and with d-line healthy they are going to be a force again in playoffs....they completely man handled the bills last week...sure its the bills but they limited mcgahee to 8 yards...8 YARDS!!!!!!!....i think ill be singing happy tunes in january:-))

Thiru
14th December 2005, 10:39 PM
Sabari, I agree that AFC teams have to watch out for pats particularly when Brady is still unbeaten in the playoffs.. Only thing is that cincinnati, Colts, chargers and Steelers are all capable of beating the patriots this year than the previous years.. The secondary defense is not there anymore.. Just look at the dolphins this season.. They have defeated playoff teams (denver, Sandeigo and carolina) and have lost to poor teams (like jets and cleveland) which clearly shows that they have the potential but have been inconsistent. They are one piece away from being a playoff contender and imagine a guy like Matt Leinart in that team... I'm thinking that they will be a very good team next year under Nick Saban.. Jets and Buffalo have long ways to improve with their QB issues.. Both have good defenses but questionable offense..

Thiru
19th December 2005, 03:51 AM
sabari, you gotta be feeling happy after this week's show.. I have to agree that the Pats are looking like the champions and its going to be tough to beat them at Gillette stadium..

Thiru
19th December 2005, 06:15 AM
one bad thing for you is that it looks more likely that you will be facing the chargers or steelers at home..Those are the kind of teams who can beat you at home.. Pats will crush jacksonville if they meet them in the first round..

sabari
29th December 2005, 08:44 PM
yep they are back in form again baby!!!! now they have a legitimate chance of beating neone newhere home or away...lets see howz it going to play out

Thiru
5th January 2006, 12:21 AM
Wild card weekend:

Panthers at Giants
Steelers at Bengals

Redskins at buccaneers
Jaguars at Patriots

My picks are
Panthers, Steelers, Buccaneers and Patriots though I would like to see Giants, Bengals, Bucs and Jaguars win it..

sabari
5th January 2006, 04:15 AM
oye no patriot hating...i know u still bitter about last superbowl:-)

Thiru
9th January 2006, 09:22 AM
got 3 of the 4 right.. Bucs should have won that game...

Skins vs Seahwaks
Panthers vs Bears

Pats vs Broncos
Coltvs vs Steelers

My picks are Seahwaks, Panthers, Pats and Colts though I would like to see Seahawks, Panthers, Broncos and Colts to win it..

nandhunaren
11th January 2006, 12:01 AM
i see you guys are lonely out there discussing the NFL. just gonna drop a line or two. something tells me the skins are gonna squeeze out a win again..

Thiru
11th January 2006, 01:29 AM
i see you guys are lonely out there discussing the NFL. just gonna drop a line or two. something tells me the skins are gonna squeeze out a win again..

I wont be surprised by that.. skins defense is capable enough of winning a game for them.. i'm not high on seattle defense.. The differential factor could be shaun alexander..

sabari
11th January 2006, 09:58 PM
thiru do u wanna pick against pats this weekend?;-)

Thiru
12th January 2006, 12:42 AM
thiru do u wanna pick against pats this weekend?;-)

This week is the toughest test the Pats have faced in a long time.. Denver defense has given up more than 20 points at home only once this season.. They already crushed the pats early in the season (28-3 ended up as 28-20)...Jake is a much different QB this year and particularly at home.. They run the ball a lot and have a very good RB core of Bell, Anderson and Dayne.. This could be the game that Brady will finally lose in the playoffs..

sabari
14th January 2006, 02:54 AM
well i agree with all tat...the things tat are different this time is bruschi, seymour,dillon and no duane starks:-)

Thiru
15th January 2006, 10:29 AM
Well, i'm glad i guessed right.. Denver defense did it all...except for that one 70 yard play, they played great defense throughout... I'm glad skins and pats lost.. I hope colts win tomorrow...

sabari
15th January 2006, 11:08 PM
nope with all due respect to u thiru denver defense didnt do as much as patriots offense did to throw the game away...i agree that they created pressure but tom brady made a extremely stupid mistake and played stupid all thru the game....by all means patriots shud have won by something like 35 - 3....but yea the bottom line is that they lost

stranger
16th January 2006, 08:35 PM
well, the Patriots are sent home!

That is the best part of this post season! :clap:

It is about time for cocky Tom Brady to realize that nobody can be on the top for ever!

This is football, even the God can't pick or predict the winner correctly! 8-)

Thiru
17th January 2006, 10:15 AM
I wouldnt call Brady Cocky or anything.. He did his part except for the interception.. He still threw for 350+ yards and a TD.. The problem was that New england made all the mistakes that other teams usually do (fumble on kick off and punt returns etc..)
Sabari, It was the physical denver defense that caused the turnovers.. NE outplayed the broncos in yardage and possession.. but the problem was denver's defense was able to make the play when it mattered.. also the miss by vinateri was costly.. The colts loss was shocking and more shocking was the play calling by colts to throw the ball 38 times and run it 13 times..

stranger
17th January 2006, 09:24 PM
Colts...

I never thought they can go much far but definitely not this bad either!

Anyway, my pick for the conference finals would be Seattle and Denver. :)

sabari
18th January 2006, 07:00 AM
thiru i agree with u that the denver defense pressurized brady all day which contributed significantly. but on brady interception and faulks fumble the momentum was on patriots side....if they had won the game the AFC championship wud be @ the razor and pats wud be in the superbowl again.....they missed a golden oppurtunity....well there is always next year

Thiru
20th January 2006, 01:01 AM
Picking the Panthers and Steelers to win it on the road eventhough I would like to see Broncos and Seahawks win it..

stranger
3rd February 2006, 08:30 PM
My pick is Seattle Seahawks as the superbowl champions! :)

vetrivendan
3rd February 2006, 09:39 PM
Steelers is going to be Superbowl champs this year

stranger
6th February 2006, 10:17 PM
Congratulations vetri! :D

It was indeed hard for the seahawks to play against steelers and the officials as well- I guess they were paid off! :lol:

Thiru
8th February 2006, 08:34 AM
Congratulations vetri! :D

It was indeed hard for the seahawks to play against steelers and the officials as well- I guess they were paid off! :lol:

I agree.. this was like India playing in Sharjah during the 80's and 90's where any ball that hits the pads was given out for the indians..

A disappointing superbowl overall

stranger
9th February 2006, 03:02 AM
Very true, thiru! :)

sabari
15th February 2006, 06:13 AM
wat do u guys think about next year? shud be interesting once the free agency hits to see the changes

Thiru
14th March 2006, 12:01 AM
free agency is here and already lots of changes...

Redskins have made the most noise till now and are strong with 2 receivers Randel El and Lloyd added to pair up with Santana moss... They also got christian fauria but I still think Brunell is not that QB who can get them to a championship game... portis runs well against weak defenses but stutters against good defenses.. They've also added adam archuleta as their safety and I wont be surprised if they sign Adam vinateri as their kicker..

thamiz
19th December 2006, 01:55 AM
We can continue here too! :)