PDA

View Full Version : The real impact of ARR's WOHE in india...AMAZING

united07
28th October 2005, 11:16 AM
Many have outrightly stated that the album was a flop, the movie was a bigger flop and so on.

But for a chinese movie soundtrack released without songs (or only 1 hindi/english/chinese) song and to make an impact as this in India is unbelievable.

To help you understand the impact.

1) The soundtrack are being used massively in most of the serials (Selvi, Athu Mattum Ragasiyum, Raja Rajeshwari, etc)

2) Ramakrishna (MD : Deva) trailor used the WOHE's musical piece

3) Thavamai Thavamirundu (MD : Sabesh - Murali) also uses WOHE's musical piece. Cheran is the Dir is another important fact to be noted.

4) RADAAN's new promo for their new game show 'Thanga Vettai' also uses WOHE's piece

Now if that isn't an impact then I really don't know what is!

p/s: I might have missed out a few, help me guys....

svaisn
28th October 2005, 11:28 AM
Is it...

I never knew that\

thanks for the news

Scale
29th October 2005, 03:24 PM
Ramgopal Varma's "James"
7G R C BGM (some1 mentioned here)

njv
29th October 2005, 06:05 PM
Yenna Paarkkirai in Thavamai Thavamirundhu has WOHE inspiration. Good song, but I cant not think about WOHE when I hear this song.

Scale
29th October 2005, 10:19 PM
deleted

njv
29th October 2005, 11:36 PM
Hey Ram - 2000, WOHE - 2003

both are mind blowing albums

Scale
30th October 2005, 12:09 AM
Sorry njv! I deleted the above posts. Bit confused with some other movie of either IR/YSR (7GRC) from an earlier post here.

I was very much uncomfortable to post that query knowing IR, thats why I asked Dinesh.

njv
30th October 2005, 04:29 AM
Sorry njv! I deleted the above posts. Bit confused with some other movie of either IR/YSR (7GRC) from an earlier post here.

I was very much uncomfortable to post that query knowing IR, thats why I asked Dinesh.

np. at this point, if IR copies from ARR or ARR copies from IR, both are same to me. the result will be good and need of the hour.

dinesh2002
30th October 2005, 09:16 AM
yes NJV & Scale,Hey ram has a great score & its 1 of my most fav albums from IR,the 2 albums from IR is close to my heart is Dhalapathy & Hey Ram... Hey Ram had BGMs that was international standard! shockingly the movie went unnoticed!

and yes,WOHE is now beeing used by Most of the Mds in India! did u guys notice the loop in Sandaikozhi-AE (start from 0.57)is now beeing used by every md? i noticed this loop also been used by Harris in Chellame,when vishal was searching for Reema's address!also in various tamil dramas.....

zz
2nd November 2005, 04:06 PM
adding to what United 01 said and all that is true. Here is one more..

If you have all watched the Sahara TV news channel during the Delhi Bomb blast coverage, the BGM used in all theri clippings was a slow version of "Warriors of piece", so clearly evident.

This incident reminds me of an other ARR BGM used during 9/11 incident. The 9/11 was covered in Start World channel as a documentart few weeks after 9/11. The BGM used thru out the documentary was that of Bombay Theme from Bombay. I guess, I have mentioned this in this forum some where under a different thread and ID.

Anyway this is FAYI.

MADDY
2nd November 2005, 05:52 PM
This incident reminds me of an other ARR BGM used during 9/11 incident. The 9/11 was covered in Star World channel as a documentart few weeks after 9/11. The BGM used thru out the documentary was that of Bombay Theme from Bombay. I guess, I have mentioned this in this forum some where under a different thread and ID.

adding to zz, roja BGM was used by SUN-TV for tsunami donation appeal.......and as we all know, visu extensively uses his songs/bgms for his "Arattai arangam" programme.......add this to countless programmes still using ARR's bgms for their title music......

jaiganes
2nd November 2005, 06:22 PM
Thavamai Thavamirundhu trailer also uses music from bose.

njv
2nd November 2005, 10:07 PM
This incident reminds me of an other ARR BGM used during 9/11 incident. The 9/11 was covered in Star World channel as a documentart few weeks after 9/11. The BGM used thru out the documentary was that of Bombay Theme from Bombay. I guess, I have mentioned this in this forum some where under a different thread and ID.

adding to zz, roja BGM was used by SUN-TV for tsunami donation appeal.......and as we all know, visu extensively uses his songs/bgms for his "Arattai arangam" programme.......add this to countless programmes still using ARR's bgms for their title music......

When it comes to any prograame with national theme, Vande Mtharam is THE bgm that everybody is using. ARR did have a big impact across the nation on patriotism and other national themes.

Apart from Skantha Shasti Kavasam, Bhaja Govindham and Venkateshwara Suprapatham (which is ruling for the last 30-40 years), VM is the other albums that will be heard over next years to come (unless someone score VM again which overtakes ARR's version).

zz
3rd November 2005, 05:00 PM
In the national scene, I guess after "Saare jahan se ahca" it is only VM that is played in all nationalism related function/program.

KSK and BG are played only among few communities, but still they are spread across India. But other communities who do not associate themselves with the ideas perpetrated by these two songs do not know a bit about these tw. Ofcourse, in any south indian film, to mark a morning, suprabhatham is played...but reach of VM cannot be equated with that...VM has a wider reach and has sort of become a routine song played at the end in many stage shows. Many schools that I have come across play this as part of any of their festivals or even regular prayers.

My only issue with ARR and VM is that the Tamil version is not as popular as Hindi version. ARR should make attempt to sing Tamil version more offen when ever he closes his live show for the night.

njv
3rd November 2005, 08:49 PM
Ofcourse, in any south indian film, to mark a morning, suprabhatham is played...but reach of VM cannot be equated with that...

I am not talking about the reach, I am talking about how these songs (KSK and VS, VSN) are withstanding over 4 decades already and I am telling that VM also will withstand.

Scale
6th November 2005, 10:57 AM
Following the suttalz of RGV "James" trailor (WOHE), now comes the tamil version of the same " MAJA" by VS.

:banghead:

Scale
10th November 2005, 10:18 AM
Thavamai Thavamirundhu trailor has "Bose the Forgotten Hero" Hitler Theme" Track.

recently "Kisna piano & flute theme" in Kanavarukkaga serial.

united07
11th November 2005, 10:22 AM
Maja's trailor contains the Dacoit Duel..and it really suits the editing!

So now, we have big heros and MDs involved as well!

It's storming man...Isai Puyal-na chummava!

A.ANAND
11th November 2005, 02:05 PM
few years ago ithe maja hero vikram WOHE trackla iruthu oru songsa uruvi avaroda concertla dance pannitaru singaporela..

aravind82
13th November 2005, 11:46 AM
Many have outrightly stated that the album was a flop, the movie was a bigger flop and so on.

But for a chinese movie soundtrack released without songs (or only 1 hindi/english/chinese) song and to make an impact as this in India is unbelievable.

To help you understand the impact.

1) The soundtrack are being used massively in most of the serials (Selvi, Athu Mattum Ragasiyum, Raja Rajeshwari, etc)

2) Ramakrishna (MD : Deva) trailor used the WOHE's musical piece

3) Thavamai Thavamirundu (MD : Sabesh - Murali) also uses WOHE's musical piece. Cheran is the Dir is another important fact to be noted.

4) RADAAN's new promo for their new game show 'Thanga Vettai' also uses WOHE's piece

Now if that isn't an impact then I really don't know what is!

p/s: I might have missed out a few, help me guys....

The Trailor of "Majaa" uses the track "Dacoit duel" as it is from WOHE.. total rip :)

united07
19th November 2005, 05:24 PM
LOTR sneak preview this Sunday!
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1132349576

I guess, Deva, Srikanth Deva, Sabesh, Murali, VS and other wannabes would have bought the ticket and will try to get the music ripped off even before the actual CD release!

So they can claim...ARR copied from them instead!

:D

thamizhvaanan
12th January 2006, 08:52 AM
not only maja but couple of other films' trailers also lifted music from WOHE. I was shocked to the core. It was in jaya tv, three trailers one after teh other had lifted music from WOHE. I definitely remember MAJA, big names, but the other two, i dont remember. one had the 'the golden era' music. quite meticulous copying i wud say, coz the editing of scenes and music were perfect to match emotions:(
i think MDs have no part to play in this, or atleast VS. only few directors bother to extract seperate music for promos. Either they used BGM sounds or songs for promos. and moreover all the music sounded exactly like the original, so they werent recreated, but inserted i guess. Probably MDs had no part to play i guess.
SONY owns the audio rights, wonder how an international company like SONY is not particular abt intellectual rights!

thamizhvaanan
14th January 2006, 10:12 AM
more instances of WOHE , this time around in vijay tv.
Dacoit duel for bg for pongal special programmes.
Lord and Empires in the promos for some serial in 8:30 pm slot. This is really becoming a trend.