PDA

View Full Version : saravana bhavan kurma

Oldposts
3rd December 2004, 11:59 AM
Topic started by kav (@ 63.67.147.1) on Tue Aug 17 13:10:32 EDT 2004.

Hi
Can someone tell me how to make the vegetable kurma that they serve in hotels with 'parotta'

Thanks

Oldposts
Saravana Bhavan vathal kuzhambu (the one youget with meals) recipe please!

Oldposts
Hi, in one tablespoon oil, fry two tablespoons dhania, one tablespoon channa dal, i teaspoon methi, 3 tablespoons grated coconut and 5 to 6 red chillies and make a powder of the same. Now extract tamarind juice from a lemon sized ball of tamarind. In a kadai heat 4 table spoons of ginjelyy oil add mustard seeds mathi curry leaves, asafoetida and whatever vathal or vegetable you want and few broken redchillies. then add the extracted juice and salt and the powder. allow it to boil well and when the mixture starts thickening add little jaggery. That is saravana bhavan vetha kuzhambu

Oldposts
Hi, this is the recipe for korma which is served with parotta. 1 cup grated coconut, quarter cup khasa khasa, one table spoon saunf, shredded onion 1/2 cup, diced tomato one cup, three green chillies, one tablespoon cashews, one medium piece of ginger all these to be ground into paste. Then cut half onion into long fine strips and half tomato. In a kadai, take two table spoons of oil, add bayleaves then jeera and little saunf haldi one teaspoon garam masala and then fry the onion till brown. Then add tomatoes and when they turn soft add the ground paste and salt and allow it to boil, it takes around 20 minutes for the raw smell to go and get the aroma. By then the oil also will come off the korma. Then add finely cut kothmir. Infact you can add peas, cauliflower, boiled potato pieces etc after the tomatoes, in case you want it liquid you can avoid the vegetables.

Oldposts
Thank you for the recipes. I will try it soon and let you know.

RS

Oldposts
hi saraswati
i tried the second recipe. i added chpped garlic and some cloves and cinnamon too. it was awesome.
thanks

Oldposts
Tried vathal kuzhambu(saravana bhavan?) and it was good. But, basically, it is like our regular araithu vitta sambar! Not like vathal kuzhambu. Are u sure is this how they make at S.V.bhavan?

Oldposts
How about the deep red version ?

Oldposts
Hi Saraswathi,

Made the kurma give by you and it was simply superb. Though have not tasted in S.V.bhavan, but, have decided to taste it whenever visit Chennai. I am just scolding myself that how come I missed such a dish even though gave a visit to that restaurant n no. of times.

If you have any more interesting recipes, pls do share with us.

Regards and Bye.

Oldposts
sorry given

Oldposts
Anyone has the receipe of Kaimah Idli which is famous in Saravana Bhavan?
Thanks and regards.

Oldposts
can anyone tell how to make kara kozumbu?

Oldposts
Even their sambar is different. Do you have their recepie

Oldposts
Hi Saraswati!

Tried your recipe for the SB Korma. In fact, my husband made it - and it was awesome!! He keeps asking for (South Indian) hotel style Kurma, and he was really happy with this version. In fact, it tasted even better at night, when we polished off all the leftovers from lunch!
Thanks for sharing ur know-how.

Thattai
<a name="last"></a>

adsort
9th December 2004, 03:45 AM
We are bachelors staying together. Y'day we made your kurma in our home and it was tasted excellent. Thanks Saraswathi :P

padmasini
7th July 2005, 12:33 AM
Tried it last night my husband loved it... Thanks for sharing the recipe

kavithasenthil
7th July 2005, 12:45 AM
anyone have a recipe of saravana bhavan's tomato chatney(not a grinded one) which comes with doasa? If any one has pls post it.

Shevani
20th July 2005, 03:20 PM
Hi.. can anyone give me the recipe to make chicken kurma?