arr
6th December 2004, 02:30 PM
Infinity
It's the biggest number.
That's the end of numbers, I think.

Facts:
Infinity + Infinity = Infinity
Infinity * Infinity = Infinity
Add infinite zeros. It will give one. (Because 1//0 = infinity)

My question:
Does infinity exists in reality or is it just an imaginary number ?

r_kk
6th December 2004, 05:36 PM
Infinite is exist logically.. for example universe... Our universe is in milkyway... Milky way is in another bigger cosmos...that cosmos is in another bigger... no end the last one is expanding in where!!! So to think the last unknown size we need infinity...

Sandeep
6th December 2004, 06:39 PM
Add infinite zeros. It will give one. (Because 1//0 = infinity)

I think this is not right. Division by zero is "not defined". More over by the rule of induction it cant be proved that 0+0+...+0 = infinity.

Anyway thats not the topic. Infinity is nothing but a very huge value(which again is relative to the application of maths). For instance if the application is distance between two points on earth 1 billion Kms may be infinity but when it comes to distance between planets it may not be.

davie
7th December 2004, 01:55 AM
the distance between two stars or distance between two galaxies are finite.

Universe, time etc are infinite. I have nothing much to say about god except my previous postings

Querida
7th December 2004, 02:08 AM
i think of infinity as more of a subjective concept than a number...infinite for me means never-ending...so the number value is meaningless if there is no number to end it, no? :?

coolboy
10th December 2004, 02:09 PM
If we beleive in god...
then we have to beleive that he has no end or no start...
Then his age should be infinity --- since he has no starting.

What do you say about infinity now!

Raghu
10th December 2004, 04:20 PM
Cool boy,

Exactly right

GOD=Infinity(no limitations) 8) 8)

Bad Boy
10th December 2004, 10:31 PM
Cool boy,

Exactly right

GOD=Infinity(no limitations) 8) 8)

Raghu, this means you believe in no limitations and not God. God can only exist as long as believers exist. We are limited, our time is limited, every thing is limited. But God is the unlimited?
We have only unlimited Gods.

1 div 0 is not defined beside a few too! but you can calculate with it.

Hema
16th December 2004, 12:03 PM
7 WONDERS

MADURAI MEENAKSI TEMPLE IS ON POLLS TO BECOME THE WONDER OF WORLD(7) POLL YOUR VOTE ON WWW.NEW7WORDERS.COM

HEMA

arr
16th December 2004, 01:43 PM
7 WONDERS

MADURAI MEENAKSI TEMPLE IS ON POLLS TO BECOME THE WONDER OF WORLD(7) POLL YOUR VOTE ON WWW.NEW7WORDERS.COM

HEMA
We should stand united or else we would fall!

We have to go for Tajmahal in the 7 wonders.
If we choose something else like this temple.... then it may happen that both of them may not get that majority.

It's obvious that Tajmahal is more beautiful than the tamil temple.
So vote for Tajmahal.