PDA

View Full Version : PARAMASIVAN by Vidyasagar

ansa400
23rd December 2005, 09:08 AM
Paramasivan is to be released for pongal. No news about the audio still. When is the music releasing? After Chandramukhi, P.Vasu & Vidyasagar are joining hands once again. The music should be good as this is said to be the comeback film for AJITH. Any updates?

dinesh2002
23rd December 2005, 12:09 PM
yea,whats weird Godfather audio release date is nearing...around Jan 10 -14.......any paramasivam movie which is supose to release on Jan 14,the audio hasnt release yet.. :shock:

ansa400
23rd December 2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah, GODFATHER is an album which I'm expecting the most, since the date of its announcement(Its exactly a year I believe). Heard the film will be releasing around Feb - March. It will be a musical treat, with ARR - KSR combo striking again, esp. the classical song which I heard is very good.

baba88
23rd December 2005, 03:39 PM
Paramasivan Audio release this week.

interz
23rd December 2005, 04:17 PM
Paramasivan audio will be realsed on saturday i think, that's what most cinenews sites writes. what a xmas present.

-wishing you hubbers a merry christmas-

Dreamchaser
25th December 2005, 08:28 PM
any updates on the release ? I am sure it must be in the end of the month around 26th or 28th ?

ansa400
25th December 2005, 09:23 PM
Audio release shortly! Saw the Ad. in a newspaper 2day.

ansa400
29th December 2005, 03:10 PM
The music has released today, saw the posters! Has any1 hrd the songs?

july
30th December 2005, 10:06 PM
[tscii:4eb943dc33]Paramasivan: Audio release tomorrow (31Dec)

Director P. Vasu’s Paramasivan has Ajith and Laila starring in it. Vasu says this film is to be an action packed film. Rahasya is to do an item number in this film. Jeyaram is acting as a CBI officer. Along with them Prakashraj, Vivek, Avinash, Sandana Bharathi, R.S. Sivaji, Aishwarya and many others are acting in this film. The audio release of this film is to be held tomorrow.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/1813/news/paramasivan.html

=================

Wait for same news, next year for Arr Godfather 8-) [/tscii:4eb943dc33]

ansa400
31st December 2005, 02:37 PM
Audio is released. There are 7 songs in the movie. The songs are good on the first hearing.

interz
1st January 2006, 02:10 AM
...had much expectations to this album, a bit dissapointed, songs are not bad, but it could have been better, was expecting a soundtrack with more eletronic music. Allthough some songs are listenable like "aasai dhosai", "oru kili", and "thanghakili". "Undivil " is surely gonna be ajith fans pick of paramasivan audio.

Justice
1st January 2006, 07:36 AM
interz,

I love this album. best for Vidyasagar in recent times. as an Ajith fan I'm happy that he hasn't handed this album to vijay's director mistakingly

Paramasivan :clap:

dinesh2002
1st January 2006, 07:38 AM
so now .... GODFATHER...when??? sorry i sound so selfish guys...but couldnt help tit...1ith 1 tamil album of ARR in 2005...im already like a mental guy here.....anyone can get some details on GF's audio release??? and btw...where did u guys listen to paramasivam????

ansa400
1st January 2006, 09:01 AM
Dinesh, U can listen to the audio on Raaga.com. No news on the GF audio yet, should be around feb. 1st week I guess.

ansa400
1st January 2006, 12:56 PM
Quick Review.

1. Undivil (Shankar Mahadevan, Malathi Lakshman)

Typical "Kuthu" song. I Guess this is the song picturised on "Rasika"(Cheena thana). Will be a hit with front benchers.

2. Natchithira Paravaikku (Tippu, Rajalakshmi)

Nice song with shades of "Kokku Para Para" , based on children.

3. Thangakkili (Madhu Balakrishnan, Srivardhini, Gopika Poornima)

Nice melodious song, a kind of marriage song I guess. Sounds good on first hearing.

4. Theme Song (Shankar Mahadevan, Karthik, Tippu, Chandiran, Jemon, Ranjith)

Patriotic song, nice one, more of situational song, good lyrics.

5. Theme(Instrumental)

Small bit of the same Theme song with instruments.

6. Oru Kili (Madhu Balakrishnan, Sujatha)

Melodious song, nothing new, same old tunes.

7. Kannan (Saindhavi, Kalyani Menan, Lakshmi Rangarajan)

Small carnatic song sung by Kalyani Menon (Rajiv menon's mother I guess) & others.

8. Aasai Dosai (Priya Subramani)

A folk song, which should go well with the mass.

Overall: Decent Album, not a great one, should do well once the movie releases. Bit of disappointment from Vidya Sagar.

coucou
1st January 2006, 02:37 PM
in the first hearing, tunes are catchy unlike aathi. this album is better than aathi

reagan87
1st January 2006, 03:47 PM
probably u guys can get it in TamilNapster.Com

inetk
1st January 2006, 04:10 PM
The usual 100 words!
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

Justice
4th January 2006, 04:22 AM
I liked the album with first hearing :thumbsup:

ansa400
5th January 2006, 05:30 PM
[tscii:87a0ca82ea]http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/7774.html

Paramasivan - In his elements
IndiaGlitz [Monday, January 02, 2006]

After the splendid highs of Chandramukhi, Vidyasagar had a couple of low-key outings. But in Paramasivan he redeems himself and seems to have found the form (in the company of Vasu). The thing about Vidyasagar is that he has an ear and heart for melody. He manages to infuse them even amidst rambunctious mass songs (kuthu pattu), he manages to thread an attractive lilt. This is his strength. And in Paramasivan you can see that. Being the comeback film of sorts for Ajith, Vidyasagar has not let the hero down.

1) Undivil

Can you imagine Tamil folk instruments in full blast in a Goanese strain? Well, if you can then you can understand this song. It is a rocket blast of a start and Vidyasagar comes out with all guns blazing. Shankar Mahadevan and Malathi are also off the blocks in spirited medley. The orchestration is heavy but highly agreeable. Ajith’s fans will rock the town with this.

2) Natchatra Paravaikku

The beginning strains are almost symphonic in its sweep of grandeur (especially the violin ensemble is splendid). The song ,especially the catchy ditty crooned out by Abhaswaram Ramji’s Children’s Orchestra, reminds you of a song in the film in Anjali (full children’s songs). Tippu and Rajalakshmi’s singing pass muster.

3) Thangakilli

The starting chorus is like thousand butterflies fluttering splendid profusion. The song itself is a simple melody and spreads like sweet marmalade on a smooth bread. Madhu Balakrishnan, sounding extremely like Jayachandran, is melody personified. Srivardhini and Gopika Poornima are mellifluous and methodical.

4) Theme song

It is a huge roster of singers. Shankar Mahadevan, Karthik, Tippu, Chandran, Jemon, Ranjith. The chorus is inspirational and doubtless heavy on motivation. The right mood is rung in by the singers. The start, interestingly, is very soft (almost in Dwejavanthi raga). On the whole, very catchy and rhythmic. The orchestration is imposing and impressive.

5) Oru Kili

Again Vidyasagar doesn't experiment too much. He keeps it neat, straight and simple. Though the tabla background is slightly old-fashioned, the song and the talent of the singers Madhu Balakrishnan and Sujatha ensure that this is another winner.

6) Kannan

It is a simple Carnatic style rendering. It oozes melody (especially in this music season). Saindavi, Kalyani Menon, Lakshmi Nagarajan and the kids ensure that the lilt and tempo is just about right.

7) Asai Dhosai

The lyrics will give the game away. It is as mass as they come. Priya Subramani sings with rare gusto and authority. It is a rocker and headed straight for top of the charts.

On the whole, Ajith has been done a huge favor by Vidyasagar. Good stuff!

[/tscii:87a0ca82ea]

Renault
8th January 2006, 01:14 PM
I am really thinking whether Vidyasagar is running out of ideas or he is being pressurised while composing for top star movies.

The songs in Paramasivan are good no doubt. But they sound too much like Ilayaraja's compositions, especially Thangakili and Natchathira and that Undivil song is a bad rehash of Manmadha rasa.. which is for the front benchers alone.

ansa400
8th January 2006, 03:07 PM
U spoke my mind. The interludes of the Thangakili song reminds me of Chinna Thambi songs. Post CM, VS is more inspired towards composing songs of 80's IR style which is very much evident in "Aadhi" & "Paramasivan".

Godfather
9th January 2006, 03:10 PM
Ajit should be feeling lucky to have his songs well-tuned than "aathi".

"Natchatthira paravaikku" is a magical one with kids voices.

"Theme song" - Not every composer gets this oppurtunity to give a patriotic number. I feel VS outscored it as he did "thaayin manikodi" for "jai-hind". A nerve tempting experience.

"Oru kili" - Typical VS's melody. Needless to say it is a hit.

"Kannan"- catchy bit with classical background.

"Thangakili" is an amazing melody. But falls flat in IR'ish pattern(after "athinthom" from chandramuki).

I guess probably the situation of the song forced Vidyasagar to refer the music dictionary(IR) and the page is "rickshaw maama's vanna nilavukkul" and there are some shades of "En bommu kutti ammavukku's kuyile kuyile" also.

As a whole, a decent and unusual album from VS.

Sanjeevi
9th January 2006, 04:04 PM
U spoke my mind. The interludes of the Thangakili song reminds me of Chinna Thambi songs. Post CM, VS is more inspired towards composing songs of 80's IR style which is very much evident in "Aadhi" & "Paramasivan".

Not only VS (add Majaa too), Sivakasi and some other latest hit songs also IRish.

svaisn
9th January 2006, 04:21 PM
The Aasai Dosai sonmg is good...

Any idea who is this Priya Subramanian??? Is she a new singer???

ansa400
9th January 2006, 07:25 PM
The Aasai Dosai sonmg is good...

Any idea who is this Priya Subramanian??? Is she a new singer???

Came to know that she is famous for singing songs with 60's accent and also she was featured in a popular TV prog. in Podhigai.

svaisn
10th January 2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks Ansa....

For the information...

Djpak
12th January 2006, 06:18 PM
Whatever some songs okay, but not so good like chandramuki!
Asai dhosai song are nice to listen =D

Wait to Godfather release :P
its gonna rock yaa all .

Godfather
13th January 2006, 12:24 PM
When current generation music dirs like ARR, YSR do music for mass heros, the audio normally fails to reach the masses.

The movies Geethai & Uthaya would be nice examples for my stand. Hope "god father" won't join in that list.

Querida
23rd February 2007, 04:09 AM
I came to know of Priya Subramaniam from the show "Sokkuthe Manam" on Jeya TV....I've seen a number of shows and am hooked...she's sings very well with a sweet smile and warm countenance always upon her face, she also acts as the host of the program. The program consists of about "In the colourful package are three old songs, one Ilayaraja number (Rajavin Parvayile) and a remix piece, aptly with the title Jalio Jimkhana, which is a song (sometimes old made modern or new song sung in old style) basically it's remixed..and it's a delight to hear....I have a whole new appreciation for old songs...while I am totally enthralled with Illayaraja's hits (my fave segment of the show)....

see this for more info:

http://www.newstodaynet.com/10jul/ss1.htm

http://www.aaraamthinai.com/interview/2006/dec30priya.asp