PDA

View Full Version : Maniratnam - ARR to strike again!

ansa400
25th December 2005, 09:30 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14057112

Maniratnam has signed a new hindi movie with Abishek and Aishwarya in the lead. Its a fantastic news for all the music lovers, esp. for ARR fans as 2006 looks even more promising!

njv
25th December 2005, 11:13 PM
Hmm... ARR's bad luck continues. His choices of movies continue to go down south.

dinesh2002
26th December 2005, 07:20 AM
Hmm... ARR's bad luck continues. His choices of movies continue to go down south.

wut do u mean by that?

svaisn
26th December 2005, 08:14 AM
Thata a very great news..

hope he does a movie in tamil also....

Yuva started in Hindi but later they made it bi lingual......

NJV enna solla vareenga??

Scale
26th December 2005, 10:30 AM
Good news. I wish Mani Sir & team, all success.

abhishek & aishwariya down southa? :lol: :rotfl:

I deem no sarcasm meant in the above post.

njv
26th December 2005, 07:45 PM

wut do u mean by that?

To me MR joined the rank of BR/KB. Retired in other words, thats the reason why he choose hindi than Tamil. His next venture will be just like Yuva. ARR will do his job best but the album will go unrecognized. Infact ARR CD sales went down starting from Yuva only. You may not understand it, but wait for the movie to come out and you will know why.

nilavupriyan
26th December 2005, 09:01 PM

wut do u mean by that?

To me MR joined the rank of BR/KB. Retired in other words, thats the reason why he choose hindi than Tamil. His next venture will be just like Yuva. ARR will do his job best but the album will go unrecognized. Infact ARR CD sales went down starting from Yuva only. You may not understand it, but wait for the movie to come out and you will know why.

njv.....mani is still good!

arr is wasting his music for fellows like s.j.surya......he has just now selected the right path

dasavatharam,shivaji,maniratnam movie.......a great path indeed!

aayutha ezhuthu is better than most of arr's recent movies!.....arr's music will rock in mani's stylish making........till date mani is the most stylish movie maker in india!

Sundar12345
26th December 2005, 09:14 PM
The fans will be expecting yet another hit form this duo. Hoping for the best

njv
27th December 2005, 11:24 AM
aayutha ezhuthu is better than most of arr's recent movies!.....arr's music will rock in mani's stylish making........till date mani is the most stylish movie maker in india!

not till date. b4 AE. He was embarassed by the press after his failed attempt to copy the spanish movie. also selecting an expression less creature like abhishek proves that he will deliver something like bluffmaster and i am sure it will be a total disaster.

honestly few good directors in tamil industry are not with arr. exceptions are shankar, mani, sjs and mani is retired and sjs is going prono, so shankar is the only hope for arr.

nilavupriyan
27th December 2005, 06:02 PM

not till date. b4 AE. He was embarassed by the press after his failed attempt to copy the spanish movie. also selecting an expression less creature like abhishek proves that he will deliver something like bluffmaster and i am sure it will be a total disaster.

honestly few good directors in tamil industry are not with arr. exceptions are shankar, mani, sjs and mani is retired and sjs is going prono, so shankar is the only hope for arr.

mani is better than shanker njv.......anniyan is not a great movie at all!..and he doesnt picturise the songs well!...

paints the bus,use 10000 dolls etc......shankar is not a great movie maker....

njv
27th December 2005, 10:56 PM
paints the bus,use 10000 dolls etc......shankar is not a great movie maker....
Agree.

kalladicrapp
30th December 2005, 01:00 AM
i think its high time mani ratnam retired.sick and tired of elongated asian paint ad like stuff.we have great talent around like Ameer,Priya,vishnuvardhan,saran,selvaraghavan,gaut am menon,actually theres no need of a maniratnam.Shankar-indias answer to jhon woo+spielberg combined has made 2 movies from one story- Indian and Anniyan and got away with it.nice way to take people for a ride

njv
30th December 2005, 04:00 AM
i think its high time mani ratnam retired.sick and tired of elongated asian paint ad like stuff.we have great talent around like Ameer,Priya,vishnuvardhan,saran,selvaraghavan,gaut am menon,actually theres no need of a maniratnam.Shankar-indias answer to jhon woo+spielberg combined has made 2 movies from one story- Indian and Anniyan and got away with it.nice way to take people for a ride

Who is priya? Rest of them - I completely agree. Though I have personal differences I would also add SJS.

BTW Anniyan didnt ride ppl. It didnt run 100 days anywhere. Was out in most of the theatre. Its better than Boys and Kadhalan but didnt match rest of Shankar movies.

dinesh2002
30th December 2005, 01:19 PM
njv...i taut kadhalan was a blockbuster hit movie??i know the audio was a big hit,can we say the most popular arr-shankar combo...but movie?

njv
30th December 2005, 06:00 PM
movie was a disaster. the audio and prabu deva (at that time!) helped a bit, but nevertheless that was a flop movie.

nilavupriyan
30th December 2005, 08:11 PM

:shock: ...bus-kku paint adicha john woo spielberg aayida mudiyuma?

anniyan -la logic enna vilainnu keatavaru shankar!

lanjatha olikaradha thavara vera enna subject idhuvaraikum eduthirukaru!

look at maniratnam...

nayagan,mouna ragam,anjali,agni natchathiram,iruvar,bombay,alaipayuthey,roja,kannt hil muthamittal

look at maniratnam's versatility!......shankar is nowhere near maniratnam....

what happened to u....

u compare saran,vishnuvardhan,priya with maniratnam.....

onlu one director who is of great calibre like mani at present is bala!

kalladicrapp
30th December 2005, 10:32 PM
dude i detest shankar as much as you do..didnt u understand,i meant shankar is a spielberg+jhonwoo wannabe,and way below Mani.Ur list upto Agni Natchathiram is okay,after that for me Mani lost his focus.His movies feels prefabricated and unnatural.Bala is something special,he has carved a niche,a class apart.Adventurous and he is what I call versatile.

njv
30th December 2005, 10:48 PM
upto Agni Natchathiram is okay,after that for me Mani lost his focus.His movies feels prefabricated and unnatural.Bala is something special,he has carved a niche,a class apart.Adventurous and he is what I call versatile.

Agree 99%. Exception is kannathil muthamittal.

nilavupriyan
30th December 2005, 10:51 PM
dude i detest shankar as much as you do..didnt u understand,i meant shankar is a spielberg+jhonwoo wannabe,and way below Mani.Ur list upto Agni Natchathiram is okay,after that for me Mani lost his focus.His movies feels prefabricated and unnatural.Bala is something special,he has carved a niche,a class apart.Adventurous and he is what I call versatile.

iruvar is a classic i guess!..may be not entertaining....

bombay doesnt had a good climax..but a wonderful movie!

kannathil muthamittal is not so natural...little artificial in dialogues and filming!...but a good movie!

njv
30th December 2005, 11:11 PM
kannathil muthamittal is not so natural...little artificial in dialogues and filming!...but a good movie!

I dont know whats a natural movie? If things has to be so natural, then we must watch SunTV news.

vijayr
31st December 2005, 02:02 AM
"Bala is something special,he has carved a niche,a class apart.Adventurous and he is what I call versatile."

Bala is versatile? adventurous? He has done all of 3 movies, all of them with morbid themes and macabre endings.

And you must be ignorant/biased to compare Saran who hasnt made a single noteworthy movie yet, Vishnuvardhan who has made just one borederline hit and Mani's disciple Priya(who has just made 1 movie, kaNda naaL mudhal) to Manirathnam himself.
These guys have a long way to go before they can be in Mani's league. Most of them will never make it to that league.

nilavupriyan
31st December 2005, 09:18 AM

I dont know whats a natural movie? If things has to be so natural, then we must watch SunTV news.

mmm...do u believe a 11 year old girl will goto rameshwaram etc......

and the climax dialogue by that girl......extremely artificial....!

dont know whats a natural movie?.......

it can be cinematic ...with songs etc..

but the basic storyline must be logical......kannathil muthamittal keerthana charecter is is not like any child present here!

Scale
31st December 2005, 10:10 AM
Vijayr, Thanks for the post. Absolutely. I dont think someone is near or to be compared with Maniratnam yet.

No one liked roja here?? :sad:

nilavupriyan
31st December 2005, 10:22 AM
Vijayr, Thanks for the post. Absolutely. I dont think someone is near or to be compared with Maniratnam yet.

No one liked roja here?? :sad:

i liked !...a very brave effort

kalladicrapp
31st December 2005, 10:36 AM
vijay
i think Bala has mastered violence on screen like Sam Peckinpah.In that sense he is in a class of his own and yes im a fan of that genre.Regarding the new breed of directors it was no comparison test,just mentioning that the youth has taken over mani ha lost his sheen.How long can one endure heroes who talks little and that too serious just like real life MR

nilavupriyan
31st December 2005, 10:59 AM
vijay
i think Bala has mastered violence on screen like Sam Peckinpah.In that sense he is in a class of his own and yes im a fan of that genre.Regarding the new breed of directors it was no comparison test,just mentioning that the youth has taken over mani ha lost his sheen.How long can one endure heroes who talks little and that too serious just like real life MR
in one way bala in better than mani!

bala has his own style!...doesnt make movie inspired from hollywood movies! :D

vijayr
31st December 2005, 12:04 PM
kalladi, I dont agree that Mani has lost his sheen just because his recent movies didnt do well at the BO. Would you say Hey Ram or Iruvar were bad movies because they didnt do well at the BO? and no, his dialogues have improved too because Sujatha is writing for Mani now. In that aspect, Mani of recent years is actually better than the 80s Manirathnam.
Mani also has enough original movies against his name . His so-called inspirations too are minimal and not blatant(like Kamal's). Bala has done just 3 movies -too early to evaluate. especially when all 3 movies have the same sombre feel/mood with a depressing/violent end, its too early to talk about any versatility. I will wait for a couple of more movies before I include him in the major league.

kalladicrapp
31st December 2005, 02:50 PM
vijay
i believe quality counts more than quantity.James Dean captured the fancy of millions doing just 3 movies.How many movies did Krystoff Kieslowski direct in te last 20 years?? yet he is considered a master of his art.entering the major league may be after a few more movies but i feel he is better than MR,Rajiv Menon Shankar and the lot

njv
31st December 2005, 10:06 PM
Iruvar - Just took a documentary of MGR-Karunanidhi life and nothing else.

Pagal Nilavu - God father inspiration. Nayagan is an improvement over Pagal Nilavu

Nayagan - God father inspiration

AE - Hollywood copy (not inspiration)

Alaipayudhae - Real story of Mani's friend. This is the worst of all, because his friend must have told him out of sorrow and he used it to make movie.

Bombay - Used the 92 bombing in mumbai and made money and fame out of it. If he is serious about bringing these issues to table, he should have made more like Bombay.

All other movies are copy of hollywood or inspired from hollywood.

I am not saying mani is a bad director. He is definitely one of the best we "had", but is not superior to Bala/Selvaragavan.

I list KB, BR, Bala and Selvaragavan on top of directors. They are the faces of tamil. Add Kamal to it.

Mani at second level of directors - so far he is the only one.

Shankar & Gautham 3rd level of directors.

Rest of them are below them.

vijayr
31st December 2005, 11:05 PM
"Iruvar - Just took a documentary of MGR-Karunanidhi life and nothing else. "

that shows how much you know(or dont know) about biopics. Most movie critics rate Iruvar pretty high. Its a landmark film better than anything Bala has done so far.

Most movies are inspired from real life incidents or personal experiences only. The movie "Kaadhal" was inspired from a real life story, so what? Does that make it an inferior film? Most of Bala's movies are that way too.

Sethu - he read about or personally saw the treatment of the mentally challenged patients and drew on the experiences. Can we accuse him of exploiting the condition of the treatment just like how you accuse MR os using his friend's story? Actually Alaipayudhe is a very ordinary story that happens everywhere, I doubt MR had to rely on his friend to develop the screenplay, but just to answer your point

Pithamagan - thecremator character was already written about in a short story(or poem) by Jayakanthan from where Bala lifted or drew inspiration
See? it works for everyone.

"I list KB, BR, Bala and Selvaragavan on top of directors. They are the faces of tamil. Add Kamal to it."

Kamal has more blatant lifts against his name than anyone else.

Manirathnam's inspirations are far less in magnitude and he has enough good original movies against his name

"i believe quality counts more than quantity."

and I believe versatility and body of work counts too. Manirathnam has been consistent over a longer period of time and has influenced an entire generation of directors including Selvaraghavan(who has admitted to being inspired by ManiR), Vishnuvardhan and others in your list. So its laughable to claim that they are better than Mani at this point after just 1 or 2 movies.

njv
1st January 2006, 03:31 AM

"that shows how much you know(or dont know) about biopics. Most movie critics rate Iruvar pretty high. Its a landmark film better than anything Bala has done so far."

okay sir. you are genius, master of biopics. i accept that only you understand movies and music much better than anyone else. have fun.

dinesh2002
1st January 2006, 07:35 AM
omg,how can such topic come out?? Mani is lower than Selvaragavan & Bala....im so shock to see such issue to come up....what has selvaragavan & bala did to make mani look so bad....come on.....its selva & bala that GOT INSPIRED BY Mani and not vice versa,if u didint know...i felt Pithamagan would have been 1 of tamil worse film if it wasnt for surya-laila's scene & songs that suited the movie...remove this 2 elements & see the movie...its worse than the 'thing' in ur nick,kalladicrapp....check out Rajini in MR's film,dhalapathi...a rajini that u couldnt have seen even up to today! besides,kadhal kondain,7g rainbow,sethu,pithamagan,and all the movies that they have created r only below the worse of Mani ratnam's film...ask selva & bala,and they themself will agree to that...im not sure y is kalladicrapp hating class people....MR,ARR,Kamal (not sure if u hate him too)...if u still thinks MR is overrated....i sincerely ,truely,honestly PITTY u...enjoy the 'class' movies for u!!

nilavupriyan
1st January 2006, 08:53 AM

"that shows how much you know(or dont know) about biopics. Most movie critics rate Iruvar pretty high. Its a landmark film better than anything Bala has done so far."

okay sir. you are genius, master of biopics. i accept that only you understand movies and music much better than anyone else. have fun.

iruvar is landmark for sure!...one of the great films in tamil history........even if anyone dont like the film we must appreciate his courage to make film on tamilnadu politics in tamilnadu!

maniratnam is the most courageous director in tamilnadu for sure!

Nerd
1st January 2006, 11:48 AM
Iruvar - Just took a documentary of MGR-Karunanidhi life and nothing else.

Pagal Nilavu - God father inspiration. Nayagan is an improvement over Pagal Nilavu

Nayagan - God father inspiration

AE - Hollywood copy (not inspiration)

Alaipayudhae - Real story of Mani's friend. This is the worst of all, because his friend must have told him out of sorrow and he used it to make movie.

Bombay - Used the 92 bombing in mumbai and made money and fame out of it. If he is serious about bringing these issues to table, he should have made more like Bombay.

All other movies are copy of hollywood or inspired from hollywood.

I am not saying mani is a bad director. He is definitely one of the best we "had", but is not superior to Bala/Selvaragavan.

I list KB, BR, Bala and Selvaragavan on top of directors. They are the faces of tamil. Add Kamal to it.

Mani at second level of directors - so far he is the only one.

Shankar & Gautham 3rd level of directors.

Rest of them are below them.

wow.. it has come to this.. SR is better than MR.. DId you see SR's TI, KK, 7G with your family?? the 4th rated scenes in those movies??

bala's sethu was his best.. he lost it in nandha itself.. pithamagan is just a dull affair apart from surya's cameo..

comparing these kids with MR.. what a shame :cry:

ansa400
1st January 2006, 01:13 PM
It's high time we stop comparing MR with other directors. He is one of the finest Directors we have. Once a series of movies flops we start criticizing him badly and start comparing his old movies also. Till Alaipayuthe no one complained about his old movies, but now some people claim he was good till Agninatchathiram and some crapp. This is not fair. Call him copy, inspired from hollywood movies or whatever, he is one of the best. Tell me a director who can give Alaipayuthe kind of love stories and at the same time National award winning stuffs like KM, Roja etc.. Look at the way he picturises his songs. To his credit he hasn't gone to any foreign locations for shooting songs nor he spends hugely on his movies unlike some other directors. That's a great thing!

kalladicrapp
1st January 2006, 01:16 PM
dinesh dude
with your sense of humour you can write the script for the next satyaraj-sibiraj movie.Thiss the first time im hearing about 'class people',if youre referring to something classy ive seen enough movies from fellini,jean renoir,de sica,polanski(selvas fav director)and Akira Kurasowa.The only purpose served by a movie like Dalapathy was cashing on rajnis' star power for MRs home prodction and some wonderful music from the Maestro.Trying to sell a senile weakling as a 30 something tough hitman who talks very little like his director was truly classy...U dont need much class to remake godfather in Tamil with a powerhouse like KH.Ive seen much better films from MR like Unaroo in malayalam and anupallavi in kannada starring Anil kapoor way back.I donno someone ghost directed those films for MR,theres no trace of that kind of talent in his recent outings...remember the ghastly Anu Agarwal in Thiruda Thiruda,any director with some common sense wouldnt come up with such a miscast,and MRs love affair with comedy capers thankfully came to an end.These days MR needs the biggest stars,priciest musician as life support to make his movies work(and still bombs).Hope selvas' gonna show him how to make a proper gangster movie with PP.Recreating his own persona like the slow talking,serious,thinking kind of characters on screen is MRs biggest drawback,take any,Mohan in Mouna Ragam,Arvind Swamy in roja and dalapathy,Rajni in dalapathy.Instead of trying to become Indian equivalent of Steven Spielberg MR should concentrate on making clean entertaining tamil flicks,what exactly selva and Bala does,even SanthanaBharati does that.otherwise he should have the courage of Adoor gopalakrinan or the late Ray to make movies on his own terms,care a damn for critics and boxoffice.
Regarding Pithamagan,i think it was Lailas 'kaamedy' the sickest area in the whole movie.It not only increased the length,took away some darkness which was the colour of the movie.Ofcourse its my 'classless' view.
And Kamal,yes,i love the guy...only saving grace.He is honest enough to admit he is inspired by Akira Kurosawa(i heard it in an interview..i swear)and used the Rashomon style double narrative in Virumaandi.i wonder what prompts him take up projects like Pammal k sambandham and panchathanthiram.
In the big bad world of cinema everyone tries to create an impact.MR always tries someone elses cup of tea and gets burnt.Selva and Bala makes their own unique kind of films and triumphs,no one can help it.MR made some hay when his sun was shining,now let the younsters do it.

dinesh2002
1st January 2006, 03:46 PM
Kaladicrapp buddy....when u say MR & ARR r not good...it shows ur just green with envy...i dunno y..mabby coz they GIVE great movie/music.if u dun like that certain person,avoid them,so indirectly im chasing u away from here :lol: hope u understood that :lol: ...

SR,Bala...still below mani!! no doubt! :wink:

kalladicrapp
1st January 2006, 07:17 PM
dinesh fruitcake...same applies to u who hate SR and BALA.At times i turn red with shame when i see songs like 'ayyo pathikichu'on tv,its beamed all over the world..
y waste space adding smileys.MR and ARR may be good,but not good enuff for me.

njv
1st January 2006, 07:51 PM
"i wonder what prompts him take up projects like Pammal k sambandham and panchathanthiram."

When movies like Pithamagan is quoted as "dull affairrated" - then KH dont have no choice but to act in stupid movies like PKS, 5thanthiram.

BTW in my list, add another kid "Cheran" also to the list of top directors.

taste differs. i can see pithamagan any time of day and probably repeated 20 times already, same goes to 7g/kadhal kondaen/sethu/sindhubairavi/16 vayathinilae. when you watch these movies you get a feeling that you watched something worth. i can also repeat nayagan and indian (KH factor). rest of them... well they are for you guys.

njv
1st January 2006, 07:53 PM
"SR,Bala...still below mani!! no doubt!"

HJ, YSR & VS are rated top MS of this year. As ARR fan you wont accept it. As IR fan I wont accept it. Samething, for you MR is above them and for me MR is below them, specially after media exposed all his previous "hollywood" adventures.

dinesh2002
1st January 2006, 08:39 PM
"SR,Bala...still below mani!! no doubt!"

HJ, YSR & VS are rated top MS of this year. As ARR fan you wont accept it. As IR fan I wont accept it. Samething, for you MR is above them and for me MR is below them, specially after media exposed all his previous "hollywood" adventures.

just check the Top MD thread in Current Topics

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=5523

i already proof im not biased....not sure about u...sorry

ansa400
1st January 2006, 10:45 PM
Mr.KALLADI Crapp,

"Neenga Kalladi Vaangama inge irunthu kelambamateenganu ninaikiren" :hammer:

kalladicrapp
1st January 2006, 11:14 PM
njv honey u r something ...my kisses.u said what i wanted,the movies u quoted especially old true blue classic like 16 vayathinile r the ones to be written about.Can any MR movie hold a candle near it or an ARR score come anywhere in the vicinity of sendhoorapoove..

njv
1st January 2006, 11:47 PM
dinesh

if you are not biased, why rate one for popularity and one for quality?

dinesh2002
1st January 2006, 11:59 PM
dinesh

if you are not biased, why rate one for popularity and one for quality?

coz both r diff genres....what is famouse not neccasary quality,and what is quality not necasary its famouse.... from what i see in 2005... crap were hits (movies & music) and quality went unnoticed....if u have serious problems on my views,i couldnt help u much on that....be in ur own dreamworld ya... enjoy crap if its class for u..

wonder y there r some weird fellows doing this in ARR's thread,a simple method,dun like ARR...stay away from ARR's thread! intha jenmangalakku yengethan valikitho if they never come here & post crap.... aiii.... :roll:

Justice
2nd January 2006, 12:05 AM
coz both r diff genres....what is famouse not neccasary quality,and what is quality not necasary its famouse.... from what i see in 2005... crap were hits (movies & music) and quality went unnoticed....if u have serious problems on my views,i couldnt help u much on that.... be in ur own dreamworld ya... enjoy crap if its class for u..

r u in ur arrogant mood :wink: :hammer:

dinesh2002
2nd January 2006, 12:10 AM
coz both r diff genres....what is famouse not neccasary quality,and what is quality not necasary its famouse.... from what i see in 2005... crap were hits (movies & music) and quality went unnoticed....if u have serious problems on my views,i couldnt help u much on that.... be in ur own dreamworld ya... enjoy crap if its class for u..

r u in ur arrogant mood :wink: :hammer:

lol :lol: illai pa...if they dont agree with me,i cant force them rite...so let them live in thier own world...which they r comfartable in.... :wink: gosh,im turning evil & evil day by day :lol:

njv
2nd January 2006, 12:20 AM
"coz both r diff genres....what is famouse not neccasary quality,and what is quality not necasary its famouse.... from what i see in 2005... crap were hits (movies & music) and quality went unnoticed....if u have serious problems on my views,i couldnt help u much on that....be in ur own dreamworld ya... enjoy crap if its class for u.. "

No, I completely agree with you. Thats why I said as IR/ARR fans its hard for us to accept the MD rating (crap gets rated higher).

Anyways Happy Newyear dinesh.

dinesh2002
2nd January 2006, 12:25 AM
"coz both r diff genres....what is famouse not neccasary quality,and what is quality not necasary its famouse.... from what i see in 2005... crap were hits (movies & music) and quality went unnoticed....if u have serious problems on my views,i couldnt help u much on that....be in ur own dreamworld ya... enjoy crap if its class for u.. "

No, I completely agree with you. Thats why I said as IR/ARR fans its hard for us to accept the MD rating (crap gets rated higher).

Anyways Happy Newyear dinesh.

i was expecting u to jump like a lion on me :lol: ...happy new year to u too njv...my fren said top 10 songs of 2005 in suntv had andankaka as no 1 & mayilirage no 9....sad! :cry:

njv
2nd January 2006, 12:28 AM
nope... we both are going to the same place but you took left and right and I tool right and left.

btw dont go by suntv ratings. its all money under the table. why would they rate tirupachi at #2 otherwise. It should be englishkaran.

dinesh2002
2nd January 2006, 12:30 AM
nope... we both are going to the same place but you took left and right and I tool right and left.

btw dont go by suntv ratings. its all money under the table. why would they rate tirupachi at #2 otherwise. It should be englishkaran.

:lol: :lol: i that englishkaran had 1 nice song..yaarathu by shyera goshal...hehehehe...i taut ghajini would be no 1 song of the year.... i think it is rite?

Scale
2nd January 2006, 11:48 AM
Dinesh,

SUN TV, My foot :evil:

Mayilirage song @ no 9.

suppose (sukran)8 : :twisted:, sutrum vizhi 7, thee pidika..., raa raa @ 3, kumbida pona deivam :twisted: :evil: @ 2 , randakka @ 1 all above mayilareage :banghead:

It shows the non-availability of Vaali & ARR.

dinesh2002
2nd January 2006, 12:04 PM
Dinesh,

SUN TV, My foot :evil:

Mayilirage song @ no 9.

suppose (sukran)8 : :twisted:, sutrum vizhi 7, thee pidika..., raa raa @ 3, kumbida pona deivam :twisted: :evil: @ 2 , randakka @ 1 all above mayilareage :banghead:

It shows the non-availability of Vaali & ARR.

:lol: :lol: :lol: real dumb guys i tell u.....after seeing kumbidapona deivom no 2..i know its a stupid rating!!!!! scale,does this all hapens in suntv's ratings???

ansa400
2nd January 2006, 12:38 PM
I think the producers should lodge an official complaint against Sun TV, as their ratings affect the films' collection to a large extent. These kind of rating the movies from 1 to 10 should also be stopped. What say?

ansa400
5th January 2006, 11:01 AM
[tscii:6ec3dc45d5]http://www.deccan.com/Cinema%20Cinema/Cinema%20CinemaDescription.asp#Ash,%20Abhishek%20i n%20Ratnam%E2%80%99s%20next%20film

Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai will play the lead in Mani Ratnam’s next venture which is reportedly an English film. Confirming the news, Ash’s business manager Hari Singh said, “Yes it is true that Ash is doing Mani Ratnam’s next film. Abhishek Bachchan plays the male lead in it. Ratnam plans to launch the film this year. The dates are being worked out.” When asked what the film was all about, Hari Singh said, “Well, I cannot reveal the subject of the film though I know what the story is all about. It would be very unethical on my part to do so. Also, it is a known fact that Ratnam is very secretive about his film subjects. I do not know whether Mani Ratnam wants to make the film in Hindi or English.” While Abhishek Bachchan was unavailable comment, a source close to him revealed, “Abhishek was keen to do a Ratnam film. That is the reason why he backed out from Ram Gopal Varma’s Ramgopal Varma Ki Sholay.”
[/tscii:6ec3dc45d5]

ansa400
5th January 2006, 11:07 AM
Hope he makes it in Hindi coz ARR only has a couple of hindi films this year. 'Chamki' I guess will be in the lines of 'Meenaxi' , its commercial success can't be guaranteed. JTYJN is the other commercial film we can hope for apart from RDB.

NOV
11th January 2006, 06:26 AM
Pls restrict discussions to ARR and Maniratnam, in this thread.

Continue your discussions on Maniratnam & Kamal here: http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php=3ft=3d5634

abbydoss1969
11th January 2006, 08:36 PM
Interesting analysis on maniratnam.

This was something I wrote long ago and never got around to putting up on the blog. The movie, Iruvar, had it's problems - Arvind Swamy's delivery of chaste Tamil poetry, for one - but niggles apart, it's an awesome, ambitious effort, the kind rarely seen in Tamil cinema. No wonder it flopped.

http://brangan.easyjournal.com/entry.aspx?eid=2778669