PDA

View Full Version : Writer Jeyakanthan

Oldposts
12th December 2004, 08:32 AM
Topic started by Sharan on Mon Dec 6 09:25:09 .

Anyone interested in discussing this writer's works in detail?

Oldposts
[tscii:3b1839646c]

«ýÒÁ¢ì¸ ¿ñÀÃÅ÷¸ÙìÌ,
«§É¸ ¿ÁŠ¸¡Ãõ. ¾í¸û ¸Ê¾õ *ýÚ ¸¡¨Ä¢ø ¸¢¨¼ò¾Ð. ÁÉÍìÌ ¦Ã¡õÀ ºó§¾¡„Á¡¸ *Õó¾Ð. ¦ÅÌ Ã…Á¡¸ ¯üº¡¸òмý ¸Î¾¡º¢ ±Ø¾¢Â¢Õ츢ȣ÷¸û.
¿¡¸÷§¸¡Â¢ÖìÌî ¦ºýÈÐ, ¾ì¸¨Çî ºó¾¢ò¾Ð ±øÄ¡Åü¨ÈÔõ ¦ƒÂ¸¡ó¾ý ¦º¡ýÉ¡ý. «ÅÛ¨¼Â ºÁ£Àò¾¢Âì ¸¨¾¸û ´ýÚ§Á ¿ýÈ¡¸ *ø¨Ä§Â. º¢Ä ¿¡ð¸û ÓýÒ ¸¼ü¸¨Ã¢ø ¨ÅòÐ ¦ƒÂ¸¡ó¾ý *ÃñÎ ¸¨¾ ¦º¡ýÉ¡ý. ¿øÄ ¾£õ. ¦Ã¡õÀ «Æ¸¡¸î ¦º¡ýÉ¡ý. «ÅÛ¨¼Â ¸¨¾ ¦º¡øÖõ ¦¸ðʸ¡Ãò¾Éò¨¾ô §À¡üÈ¡ÁÄ¢ÕôÀÐ º¢ÃÁõ. ±Øò¾¢ø ²Á¡üȢŢθ¢È ºí¸¾¢¨Âì ܼ, ¦º¡øÖõ§À¡Ð ¦Ã¡õÀ «üÒ¾Á¡¸ lift Àñ½¢Å¢Î¸¢È¡ý. ´Õ †¡Ä¢ø *Ä츢Âì Üð¼õ §À¡ðÎ «Å¨Éì ¸¨¾ ¦º¡øÄî ¦º¡øÄÄ¡õ. «ÅÉ¢¼õ ±ÉìÌì ¦¸¡ïºõ ¦À¡È¡¨Á. «Åý ¯¼õÒ ƒõ¦ÁýÚ *Õ츢ÈÐ. ±ý¨É Á¡¾¢Ã¢ «Åý §º¡É¢ *ø¨Ä. ¿¡ý §º¡É¢; *ô§À¡Ð ¦Ã¡õÀ §º¡É¢.
Á¢ì¸ «ýÒ¼ý
¿õÀ¢.
13-10-60
(¿õÀ¢ Íó¾Ã áÁ º¡Á¢ìÌ ±Ø¾¢Âì ¸Ê¾õ - ʺõÀ÷,16, 1999 Å¢ñ¿¡Â¸ý *¾ú)

[/tscii:3b1839646c]

Oldposts
For Your Information:

Writer Jeyakanthan will be visiting the US in Summer. If any US Tamil Sangam is interested in hosting him, please let us know. Thanks.

Oldposts
i remember reading that JK once said that his best achievement is the abolition of hand rickshaws in TN. can anyone shed more light on this?

Oldposts
I remember faintly that the action by TN govt was triggered by JK's writing.

Oldposts
Want to know some good books of JK.
know some great pieces like
'sila nerangalil sila manidhargal'.
suggest few more good books, which i don't know.

Oldposts
Website for Tamil Writer Jayakanthan at http://www.jayakanthan.com

Oldposts
I was not able to read tamil fonts in this website. Can anybody know how to downlad this in unix OS? Iam able to view some of the tamil sites but not this one. Please help me out in this.
<a name="last"></a>

P_R
20th March 2005, 11:37 AM
Folks, Jayakanthan has finally been given the Jnanapitha.
Akhilan got it. T.Janakiraman misssed out by dying the year he was nominated (the Jnanapith is not awarded posthumously). And Jayakanthan's was long overdue. Finally :D

Your thoughts !

madhu
20th March 2005, 11:48 AM
HI !

at any time.. it is not late.. he deserves it.. for eveyrthing "unnai pol oruvan" .. "kalangaL marum"..."oru nadigai...","pavam ivaL oru.."... the real life characters living in his stories... and his way of writing..

manadhil irundhu kooRuvOm.. congratulations..!

Cinefan
21st March 2005, 11:34 AM
http://www.newindpress.com/Newsitems.asp?ID=IET20050320110626&Title=Southern+News+-+Tamil+Nadu&Topic=0

An interview with Jayakanthan.

rajeshkrv
24th March 2005, 11:50 AM
finally he's been recognized

his works like paarisuku po, agraharathil kazhudhai, sila nerangalil sila manidhargal are awesome works

kudos

Cinefan
24th March 2005, 05:59 PM
But i wonder why the Tamil media has been so cold to this announcement?Also the political parties which go on&on with their "Uyir Tamizhukku"routine.None of the them have said anything in particular.Even in this forum,this thread is so inactive.WHY?WHY?WHY?

atomhouse
4th April 2005, 01:56 PM
Last Dec I got lucky enough to attend his speech.He expressed his stand on many current controversies,including the arrest of sankaracharya, which suprised the audience.His logic was refreshing.I had'nt really thought about it that way.He blamed the entire legal system to be unjustified.Punishing criminals will never stop crimes.This idea, very communistic was followed by his confession,"Soviet union was my own illusion but America is the reality".I think no one else can give a more convincing definition for mothertongue(thaai mozhi) than JK, "the language that comes to us without having to learn it".He is beyond awards & rewards.

nilavupriyan
1st July 2005, 08:00 PM
jeyakandhan said"persons who boast of tamil is like dogs which lick its own leg".what do u feel about it.
im a fan of pudhumaipithan and jeyakandhan

Idiappam
2nd July 2005, 01:07 AM
jeyakandhan said"persons who boast of tamil is like dogs which lick its own leg".what do u feel about it.
im a fan of pudhumaipithan and jeyakandhan

Did jeyakandhan say anything of 'persons who boast' of another language?? I heard he boasted of Sanskrit and trampled on Tamil, and got himself into some hot soup. He wrote in Tamil right? And made tons of money right.

What a graceful writer, Mr Jeyakandhan! And you must be his fan!

It is better to lick your own leg!

Because, 'persons who boast of 'another' language are like dogs which licks another dog's a**!.

nilavupriyan
2nd July 2005, 12:28 PM
idiappam,
im a fan of jeyakandhan.but how can i like him if he boasts of sanskrit and talk rubbish about tamil.he made a horrible mistake.
anyway.,i am eager to read short stories in net(espesially pudhumaipithan) in tamil.can u say me the right website.i would be more happy if its free.

rami
11th July 2005, 11:26 AM
You can try in this link

http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/pmfinish.html#dt0195

However I am not sure whether u can find Puthumai pithan there..

nilavupriyan
15th July 2005, 02:25 PM
You can try in this link

http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/pmfinish.html#dt0195

However I am not sure whether u can find Puthumai pithan there..
thanks

Anoushka
31st August 2005, 10:13 PM
Here is a link for Puthumaipithan stories

http://www.salemtamil.com/ppn/agalyay.html

Ranganathan
16th November 2005, 02:11 PM
Well. Bharathi's words for Pudumai penn 'Nilathil yarukkum anja Gnana Serukku' applies to Jayakandan. He thinks differently always.

Lately the 'serukku' overshadows the 'Gnana'