Art director: B Anand Sai
Director of Cinematography: P C Sriram
Music director: A R Rehman
Screenplay: Satyanand and Pawan Kalyan
Story and direction: Pawan Kalyan
Producer: A M Rathnam

Satyagrahi launched in grand scale
Mar 25, 2006, 04:25

Pawan checks in viewfinder at Satyagrahi as cinematographer P C Sriram looks on.. (PHOTOS by: SHIVA MALLALA)

Gallery: Satyagarahi - Launch - Pawan and his family - Pawan at his residence

It was an unique launch. Normally Pawan Kalyan shies away from speaking at his film launches and press meets. But for his second directorial venture, Satyagrahi, he looks changed and seems very confidant about himself. He has opened up his heart at the launch ceremony of the film that was held today (March 25, 2006) at Annapoorna Studios in a grand scale.

Union Minister Dasari Narayana Rao did the pooja ceremony, Allu Aravind and hero Venkatesh graced the occasion as special guests. Pawan’s mother, his wife Renu Desai and his other family members were also present. Chiranjeevi could not attend the function as he was in Chennai.

This is also the first time in a long time that a Pawan film launched amidst his fans. Hundreds of fans attended the ceremony and he humbly accepted their garlands and delivered a long speech (for a man who hardly utters a word at public functions, talking about the film for 15 minutes is really unique).

Cinematographer P C Sriram flew down from Chennai to can the muhurat shot. Producer A M Rathnam made arrangements in grand scale.

Satyagrahi is my outcry: Pawan Kalayan

“ Normally I don’t like to talk about my films. But this time I want to tell you something. I have been thinking about the misery of the people since my childhood. I have always been pained by the plight of the common man. My heart aches when I see injustices in the society but I didn’t know how to express them. I don’t know much about politics.

But when I was studying at a missionary school a brat who used to beat all the students was elected as student leader. I was surprised and asked my friends how did headmistress allow him to field in elections. The replied, “That is politics”. Since than I have been thinking about the political system and injustice in society

Pawan Kalyan and his wife Renu enjoy thier son's dance

I have been conveying my feelings through songs in my films. “Yeh..Jaha..” and “Le..Le..” songs are examples for this.

Satyagrahi is about a student leader who rebels against this system. This is not a documentary. We are making this film to entertain you. It would have all the elements – entertainment, songs, message and everything, yet it reflects today’s socio-political system.

I always treat my fans as brothers. Though my brother Chiranjeevi could not attend the function, I see him in every one of you (fans). "

Producer A M Rathnam, Allu Aravind, Allu Arjun and Venkatesh also spoke at the occasion. Satyagrahi is being produced in Telugu and Hindi and is also being planned to release in Bengali.

http://www.telugucinema.com/tc/movies/satyagrahilaunch_mar2506.php

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/gallery/events/9379.html
http://www.telugucinema.com/g/v/filmevents/satyagrahilaunch[/tscii:443ffada24]

Ramakrishna
30th March 2006, 07:39 PM
IS this ARR's 3rd telugu film after Naani and E20 U18 in telugu?

Scale
31st March 2006, 10:18 AM
Dont know much about his telegu movies. Many were dubbed. The movie he scored at first is Gangmaster/Superpolice later dubbed in tamil starring Chiranjeevi & Nagma (1933?). ///ly yodha is his Ist mal. movie.

Any updates on this pawan kalyan :roll: ? Surprising how ARR agreed to telugu films. Unbelievable, He has got so many movies in the pipeline. My Guess, Hindi songs getting dubbed.

dinesh2002
31st March 2006, 02:41 PM
Dont know much about his telegu movies. Many were dubbed. The movie he scored at first is Gangmaster/Superpolice later dubbed in tamil starring Chiranjeevi & Nagma (1933?). ///ly yodha is his Ist mal. movie.

Any updates on this pawan kalyan :roll: ? Surprising how ARR agreed to telugu films. Unbelievable, He has got so many movies in the pipeline. My Guess, Hindi songs getting dubbed.

i know man....im so afraid of this only....im not prepared to listen to any hindi tunes of his in tamil now...its a bad time to do this !!!

and man...Super police was a 1994 year project.....

swathy
31st March 2006, 03:55 PM
I think this is his first direct telugu movie . am i right?

rayan36
31st March 2006, 05:27 PM
:thumbsup: i'm 100% sure it's gonna be dubbed in tamil...yes after all this year's.....after Super Police, Asoka & Manitha Manitha all telugu/malayalam movies which the songs were dubbed, adds another piece of soul in my ARR music collection WOW :clap:

dinesh2002
31st March 2006, 07:54 PM

nope....its Super police [1994]

swathy
31st March 2006, 10:28 PM

nope....its Super police [1994]

oh..ok. thanks :-)

Sanjeevi
1st April 2006, 11:01 AM

not Chiranjeevi, the hero was Venkatesh. I saw the film only for ARR.

Scale
1st April 2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks Sanjeevi.

balaji
2nd April 2006, 06:46 AM
http://www.telugucinema.com/tc/chirunagmani_apr0106.php

Now Mani with Chiru and Nag.

Has Mani lost focus, he seems to be doing too many movies.

May be this is good? Let us wait and see

Bala

Scale
2nd April 2006, 09:52 AM
April 1st is Fool's day :lol: Check the bottom of the article.