PDA

View Full Version : Contribution of non-thamizh writers to thamizh Lit.

Oldposts
12th December 2004, 08:32 AM
Topic started by Gokul (gokulakannan@hotmail.com) on Fri Dec 3 10:10:18 .

Non-thamizh meaning writers whose mothertongue is not thamizh
but has contributed significantly to thamizh literature.
Names that immediately spring to my mind are the late Poet AthmAnAm and
Dilip Kumar.

Oldposts
M.V.Venkatram (Saurashtrian) is the first name coming to my mind.

Likewise, authors of Tamil origin contributing to literature in other languages are :

Mahakavi ULLoor Parameswara Iyer
Malayatoor Ramakrishnan

(both in Malayalam)

Masti Venkatesa Iyengar (Kannada)

Oldposts
In my prev mail there is a typo - 'authors of Tamil origin contributing to lit in oth languages' - it should be 'who contributed to' as all three mentioned are deceased.

Era.Murugan

Oldposts
For those who are interested in reading AthmAnAm's poems , you can find them at
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6264 (http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6264
)
including his biography.

Murugan, I didnt know MVV was a sourashtriyan.
I read somewhere that MVV was a great friend of
thi.jA and thi.jA, in mOgamuL, modelled a character after MVV.

Oldposts
Another name coming to my mind is Prof.Rudra Tulasidoss (Ilambarathi) who was awarded the Sahitya Academy award for Translation this year. Prof RT is a Telugu domiciled in Tamilnadu (in Sivaganga, my native place). And, He translates from Malayalam to Tamil. His traslation of Mukundan's 'Mayyazhi puzhayude Theerangal' won him this award.

Prof RT began his translating work with C.Narayana Reddi's poetry collection from Telugu to Tamil (published as 'Anal Kaatru' - Annam Publications) and moved over to Malayalam from Telugu.

Oldposts
Murugan, Good to know about Prof RT who seems to be a scholar in multiple languages.
What about the late saraswathi ramnath?

What about neela.padhmanAbhan and nagulan? Both of them reside in Kerala. Do they write in malayALam too? Jayamohan writes in both malayALam and tamil.

Oldposts
Gokul,

Late Saraswati Ramnath was a Tamil living in B'lore.

Neela Padmanabhan is Tamil/Malayalam by birth. You may have read his 'PaLLi KoNda Puram', a novel about a day's life in Thiruvanandhapuram.
Neela Padmanabhan writes in Malayalam also - one of his Malayalam stoires written some years back earned the wrath of one of his erstwhile collegues in KSEB who manhandled him - this was widely reported in M'lam press but did not find a mention in Tamil journals (of course, most of Tamil mags do not know Neela Padmanabhan!).

One more Kerla based Tamil author (Thiruvanandha Puram) is Aa.Madhavan (his 'Salai Kadai Theru' stories are enjoyable).

Nakulan, as far as I know, does not write in M'lam.

Oldposts
"ParamArththan" ennum "AvivEka PUraNa Guru Kathai"
was written by Rev.Constantine Besci.
As such, Viira Maamunivar holds a foremost rank as an early Tamil who wrote fiction in Tamil:-)

Oldposts
Gokul/murugan,

I happened to see this thread only now;

Wondering which character of thi.jaa is modelled on MVV; of course, do not know enough of MVV to guess in the first place, any idea?

My reckoning is that neela padhmanaaban is a tamil living in kerala. Masti, yes, but he vehemently denies any tamil connection in karnataka lit. circles. I guess another tamilian contributing to kannada is UR Ananthamurthy ?? Not sure.

ki. raajanaaraayaNan's family language is telugu!
Has sundararaamasaamy written anything in malayaalam??

Vittal Rao is a kannadiga writing in tamil, I like his short stories. I was told that pAvaNNan is a kannadiga by birth, - gokul, I may be grossly wrong ::-))

BTW, I know many tamilians who are illiterate in tamil ::-)) !!

Oldposts
Venkat,

Su.Ra has translated malayALam novels [thagazhi's I think] into thamizh. I do not think he has written in malayALam, I maybe wrong.

pAvannan is not a kannadiga AFAIK. He is a native of Pondicherry.

I am also curious to find out which character in mOhamuL reflects MVV. My Guess is that the singer Gopalan in Madras [is the name correct?].

What do you guys think about authors making their friends as characters in their books?

I understand that thi.jA has done it in many of his novels.

Oldposts
narasayyA (author of kadalOdi) is a telugu by birth.

narasayyA who was in the Indian Navy and later in commercial shipping recollects his momoirs in kadalOdi. Probably the only book of its type in Tamil. Very well written.

Oldposts
an addendum to narasayya;

he was born and bought up in Madurai. and a a sad story; his brother, a madura colleage prof. and a hindu (I do not know hindu munnani or pinnani groups) was brutally killed by unknown terrorists about an year ago! His nephew is my friend.

gokul, thanks for clarifying on pAvaNNan, I guess my misunderstanding was because of some wrong info. which got some authenticity because he has translated some kannada works.

I was thinking about MVV; not many sourAShtra characters in mokaluL are nice ones, may be not any character is modelled exactly, some mannerisms of MVV might be extensively used in character descriptions(CD). I guess it is inevitable to adopt CD of friends, but just to portray someone is neither decent nor intelligent. Good stories should border on reality, but should not be running commentaries!!

But, thi.jaa is great in CD; I have seen many of his characters living in exact parts back in my home yard in kumbakONam. Sometime back when I was giving a second reading to naLapAkam, I was stunned to match them with some people I know. He is too good an observer; but I guess no one can sue him for having portrayed him.

Oldposts
PG: Thanks for your info on NarasayyA. It has been
a long time since I read about him.

Venkat,
It is unsettling to learn about the demise of
NarasayyA's brother.

Yes,pAvannan has done good amount of translation from kannada to thamizh. He learnt kannada after he moved to Bangalore. It is really an amazing feat.

I remember reading this line in some mag.

mOgamuLLil thi.jA MVV-ai oru kadhApAththiramAgavE
ulaava vittu irukkiraar.

The magazine also carried an interview with MVV.
Another interesting bit of info I got from the
interview is that thi.jA has done some work
for movies too. One movie that was quoted was
nAlu vEli nilam.

Oldposts
Gokul,

Thi.Jaa had written the script for a Tamil movie by name 'Karumbu'. This was to be directed by late Ramu Kariat immediately after his epoch making Chemmeen based on Thakazhi's Malayalam novel of the same name. You can find a mention of this in Venkat Saminathan's 'Agraharathil Kazhuthai' script published two years back (Pl read Ve.Saa's foreward). Kariat's untimely demise might have nibbed the effort in the bud. I remember hearing on Asia Service of 'Ceylon Radio'(when I was in my higher secondary classes) Yesudoss singing 'ThingaL maalai veNkudaiyaan' (Chilapadhikaram - Kaanalvari) for this movie - tuned by Salil Choudhry. Pl read my(as Achwin) article 'Cinemavukkup pona ezhuthalarkal' in Minnambalam (archieves - under the folder cinema) for more details.

About Naalu Veli Nilam : I saw this movie as a Chennai Tholaikaatchi telecast a few years ago. I think Thi.Jaa wrote it for stage performance by S.V.Sahasranamam's Seva Stage. It is a straight narrative about a rural family with a sterling performance by S.V.S. Other plus points - a simple and elegant art work by Kalasagaram Rajagopal (remember the beautiful 'book reader' logo created by him for Vachakar Vattam of Lakshmi Krishnamoorthy?) and melodious music. The song 'Oorum urangaiyile, uttrarum thoongaiyile' (Tiruchi Loganathan and Jamuna Rani) has words with more or less the same meaning as 'Jute Bhole Kawwa kaate' (RK's 'Bobby')...

Era.Murugan

Oldposts
Not exactly a contributor to tamil "literature"(!) I believe one of those "stories to go" writers, either Rajendra Kumar or Rajesh Kumar is a Marathi
by birth.

Oldposts
Dear murugan,

>**** I remember hearing on Asia Service of 'Ceylon Radio'(when I was in my higher** secondary classes) Yesudoss singing 'ThingaL maalai veNkudaiyaan' (Chilapadhikaram -* Kaanalvari) for this movie - tuned by Salil Choudhry.*

Oh, my god.* I still remember that song vividly after years *I too heared it only in radio
cylon*.* kaanalvari was mellifluously tuned by choudhry. KJJ voice is* haunting, apt for that
pathos of the kaanalvari.* I never knew what the movie was. Is there any possibility for
getting that song.* I think it is possible if we have some friends in AIR Madras, they usually
have huge archieves.*

In the same theme, there is another good hanunting melody, for another aborted attempt of
another great author.* Jeyakaanthans puthu ceruppu kadikkum was started with song
recording, SPB sang a song chittirappU cElai, ciriththamukam vizikkarumbu...* I remeber the
full lyrics even after no less than 20 years after hearing few times in SLBC tamil cEvai-II.* I
am searching to get a copy of that song too.* If I remember it right jeyakaanthan wrote that
song too.** Both these moview never took off.

Oldposts
Dear Venkat,

I too remember 'Chitira poo chelai' in 'Pudhu Cheruppu'. As u've mentioned, it was written by JK - first published in his literary journal Jnana Ratham under the title Kaamam.

Do you remember the words,

"PadikaatiL nadanthu varum
paathathu ezhil kaNpadharkku
padikattin idaiyil or
palagaiyai maareno" (shades of Azhwar)

BTW, Puthu Cheruppu was made available for screening after its completion but by then distributors began acquiring only 'color films' and so Pudhu Cheruppu is still in the cans.

Before anyone starts accusing us of hijacking this topic,

au revoir,
Murug

Oldposts
Murugan,

Thanks for the info on karumbu and nAlu vEli nilam. I will check minnambalam's archives.

Oldposts
I guess no one will say, we hijak this thread (the only other active person here is gokul, who I guess will not mind this beautiful song). Do you know who was the music director? SPB really gave life to this song.

º¢ò¾¢Ãôâî §º¨Ä, º¢Ã¢ò¾Ó¸õ, ŢƢì¸ÕõÒ
ÓòÐîͼ÷ §ÁÉ¢, - ±Æ¢ø
ãÊÅÕõ ÓØ¿¢Ä§Å¡
ãÊÅÕõ ÓØ¿¢Ä§Å¡

Á£ý¸ÊìÌõ ¦ÁøÄ¢¾¨Æ
¿¡ý¸Êò¾¡ Ä¡¸¡¾¡
§¾É¢ýÕº¢ ¦¾Ã¢ó¾Åý¿¡ý
§¾É£Â¡ö Á¡§ÈÉ¡

ÁïºûâÍõ *¼¦ÁøÄ¡õ - ±ý
ÁÉõâºø ¬¸¡¾¡
¦¸¡ïº¦Áý¨Éì ÌíÌÁÁ¡öì
̨Æò¦¾Îò¾¡ø Å¡§ÃÉ¡

ÀÊì¸ðÊø ²È¢ÅÕõ - ¯ý
À¡¾ò¦¾Æ¢ø À¡÷ôÀ¾üÌ
ÀÊì¸ðÊý ¿ÎŢɢ§Ä¡÷
ÀĨ¸Â¡ö Á¡§ÈÉ¡

Ó측Öõ ãÊÁ¨ÈòÐ - µ÷
ã¨Ä¢§Ä §À¡ö¿¢ýÚ
¦º¡ì¸¡¨Â ¢Ψ¸Â¢ø¿¡ý
¦º¡ì¸¡¸¢.. ´¨Äî ºÕ¸¡¸¢...
ÓýÉ¢ýÚ À¡§ÃÉ¡

Oldposts
Thanx for JK's song, dear Venkat.

I think the MD is M.B.Srinivasan (or was it MSV?)

Murug

Oldposts
For your info Veera maamunivar(original name: Constabtie Besci) is not a Tamil but, an Italian.

Oldposts
I would definitely like to respond; I am Narasiah (note the spelling. My full name is Kavoori Ramalingam Appala Narasiah; Not born and brought up in Madurai, though our roots seem to be from Madurai. I was born in Berhampur in orissa; my father an educational officer worked all over south India. After getting both my first tamil stories published as Muddirai Kathaihal, i wrote mostly in Ananda Vikatan. Lakshmi krishnamurthy of Vasagar Vattam commissioned me to write KADALODI. Otherwise i have contributed in English in The Hindu.
Yes the saddest thing was the killing of my ypounger brother Prof. Paramasivan in Madurai. He was not a munnani or pinnani leader. He was ABVP president earlier, but was a secularist from heart. Our family (we are eight brothers, four remaining bachelors, live in Madurai for the last 40 years in a house owned by Muslim. Paramasivan has helped poor muslim boys. Yet muslim extremists killed him as Vajpayee won the vote of confidence in the Prliament at about 9 PM on 28th March 1998! That is secularism in this country! Any way we have not lost our hearts. our family continues to live in the same house!
Anyway, my elder brother was one of the earliest to run a handwritten mag from Tiruchy even as a student as early as '40s.
I am now writing the biography of Chitit Sundararajan under the title Sadharanamanithan, due for publication later this year. Chitti now is 92 and is going strong! He is also a telugu so were Ku, Pa, Ra and N. Pichamurthy!
keep in touch
narasiah

Oldposts
dear narasiah,

I had the pleasure of meeting your son in my house this saturday and was planning to write a correction to some facts (that you indeed were born in Berhampur, etc). But here you are. I just finished reading your short story collection and will write to you my opinions.

I am looking forward to meeting you in toronto. I am now reading maNikkodi kAlam serialized in theepam by b.s. ramaiah - reading a lot about chitti. Looking forward to the biography.

Oldposts
A.K. Ramanujan translated a lot of Cangkam poetry into English while being an original interesting poet in English himself. He also translated poems and stories from Kannada, I believe. We need more people like him as he gave some sort of recognition to Tamil and Kannada works here in the US which helps sometimes in funding to preserve old works. One case I can recollect is an University in the US funding preservation of Muthiah's library.

Oldposts
dear venkat,
from muthiah's library one Stephen Hughes who was researching on Tamil Cinema got an old copy of a cine magazine from which he could extract copy of chitti's writing on cine criticism. i have no links with hughes or his wife who could speak good tamil
yes AKR has done a lot to tamil by sangam poetry translations. wish we had more like him
i read short stories of ra murugan recently which he had sent to me thru someone. i think there is streak of genius in some of the stories.
i have lost touch with him.
narasiah

Oldposts
[tscii:b214125dae]
Ò¨É×ìÌõ ±¾¡÷ò¾òÐìÌÁ¢¨¼Â¢Ä¡É ¦ÁøĢ *i¨Æ¢ø ¿¼ìÌõ ¾¢Èõ iá. Óոɢý "Å¢üÀ¨É¡Ç÷¸û ¸ÅÉ¢ì¸×õ" ±Ûõ «ÅÃÐ ºÁ£Àò¾¢Â º¢Ú¸¨¾Â¢ø ¾¢ÈõÀ¼ ¦ÅÇ¢ôÀðÊÕ츢ÈÐ.
Á¡.º¢Å»¡Éõ.
[/tscii:b214125dae]

Oldposts
The song "chithira poo selai" was from "Puthu Serupu Kadikum" movie and the music director is as mr.murugan said, Mr.MB Srinivasan. This song and other JK's songs are available in MP3 format in Writer Jayakanthan website at http://www.tamil.net/people/pksivakumar

Oldposts
Mr. Narasaiah,
Do you have any idea of Junior Vikatan? Junior Vikatan used to bring some best works in Tamil. It has brought out

1. Madhan's Vandhargal Vendrargal

2. Idhu Irahugalin Neram By Abdul Rahuman

3. Translation of Road Less travelled.

4. Ethanai Manidhargal by somebody.

Somedays back, Nakeeran bought out translation of 48 Laws of Power. Please tell me if any of them had been bought in book forms.

Bye
Traveller

Oldposts
I see the complete text of the song "chiththirappU.."
so I let me digress too. That movie was definitely completed.
I saw the movie way back in 1980 when I was a teenager. It was a show arranged for distributors in 'Devimini' .Because I was related to one of the technicians in that movie (Cuddalore Balan, an artist,Also a photographer and a poet and a friend of JK for decades ---He died last month) I could tag along with him.
That movie (yes, in black and white ) was actually made from 4 different short stories of Jeyakanthan, and I felt the patching up of different stories was visible though I don't remember the stories now.
Only things I remember now is Saratha acted in that film, and the single shot where cuddalore balan came running with a kadapparai along with three others.

It was a strange experience for me too see my relative in full screen making a 5-second appearance
with veshti and banian.

Oldposts
[tscii:e31738ff34]
Á¨Ç¡Äò¨¾ ¾¡ö ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¡¸ì ¦¸¡ñ¼ ÁüÚ¦Á¡Õ ±Øò¾¡Ç÷ º¢.².À¡Äý (¾üºÁÂõ ¯Â¢Õ¼ý *ø¨Ä) «Å÷¸ÇÐ àìÌÁà ¿¢ÆÄ¢ø ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢¼ò¾ì¸ áø. «ÅÃÐ ¿¡Åø ´ýÚõ º¢É¢Á¡Å¡¸ Åó¾Ð º¢ÅìÌÁ¡÷, ĉÁ¢, ¦ƒöºí¸÷ ¿Êò¾Ð.

[/tscii:e31738ff34]

Oldposts
[tscii:ab44b24b1f]
¦ƒÂ¸¡ó¾É¢ý ÀÄ À¨¼ôÒ¸¨Ç Á¨Ç¡Çò¾¢üÌ º¢.².À¡Äý ¦Á¡Æ¢¦ÀÂ÷ò¾¢Õ츢ȡ÷.

[/tscii:ab44b24b1f]

Oldposts
[tscii:7983470b4a]
º¢.².À¡Äý ¾¸Æ¢Â¢ý '¸Â¢Ú' ¿¡Å¨Ä ¾Á¢ØìÌ ¦Á¡Æ¢¦ÀÂ÷òÐûÇ¡÷ *ýÛõ ¦ÅÇ¢ÅÃÅ¢ø¨Ä. º¡¸¢ò¾¢Â «ì¸¡¦¾Á¢ ¦ÅǢ¢¼ ¯ûÇÐ. ÌȢﺢ §ÅÄý *ô À½¢¨Â ¦¾¡¼÷¸¢È¡÷.

[/tscii:7983470b4a]

Oldposts
Thiru Narasiah's book 'KadalOdi' - autobiography of a seafarer of the 20th century - is being translated into Kannada. This is a milestone book in Tamil ('Vasakar Vattam' publication).

Mr.Narasiah, pl arrange for a republication of KadalOdi also.

Rgds

Oldposts
I was glancing at this thread a few days before at my office and was struck by your reference to the song ±›è À‘€Ò —ׯ€¥Æ‘ò . Certain songs have the ability to haunt your mind forever even when they have ceased to remain in one's active memory. All they need is a small spark to be revived. I must have heard this song long before (maybe when Ceylon Radio station was popular for its tamil songs broadcast). After reading your passing reference to this song, the tune came flooding to my mind, indistinct though. I could remember Jesudas's early voice which was much refreshing by its youth and energy and also the chorus (which, if I am right, is sung twice the speed of the leisurely 3/4 time the tune was set to). I could vividly remember the flow of his voice in the gradual fade of the last line °‘Ë ×‘Þ ‘þ×Í . The first thing I did after coming home in the evening was to try the song in my musical keyboard and Man, what a tune it really was ! Salil Choudhury has composed some unforgettable tunes (who can forget his tunes like —î¤Ö ƒª¥ þ‘Ò—ÀÖÒ‘Å Þ×±Ö€Ò, ¾×¯«Å... ? ), and it was so pleasant to hear it in a keyboard even without the voice of Jesudas and the lyric from Ò¿º±‘ÌÅ (this is news to me). I spoke to a few of my music friends about it, but none seemed to know it or have heard it ! I uploaded the keyboard tune for them in the web and if you are interested, you could hear it at

http://www.angelfire.com/vi/vishvesh/ThingazhMaalai.ram (http://www.angelfire.com/vi/vishvesh/ThingazhMaalai.ram
)

Is there any site which has this song ? Even the name of the movie (thanks to your info) from which this song appears, is unknown to any of my friends.

PS : If this is a diversion from the subject matter of this thread, only Era.Murugan should held responsible for it !!! This thread has earlier been hijacked by Venkat because of Murugan's reference to this wonderful song, and I don't have any qualms in doing the same again...

Oldposts
The above post was addressed to Era Murugan

Oldposts
Thnx Visvesh. That was a nice gesture and u've also played it well. 'Karumbu' was to be a path breaking movie in Tamil - scripted by ThijA, directed by Ramu Kariat (after his legendary 'ChemmEn'), music composed by Salil Chaudhry and filmed by Marcus Bartley. As luck would have it, We only have faint memories of it like this song...even the script (in its handwritten form) is lost.

Thnx Sivakumar for JK's page with the songs. 'Puduhu Cheruppu' is a classic which also never had a commercial screening.

Oldposts
±Ï Ãύò,

ŠÏ þׯ¨þ‘è. ƒ› ƒÆ›Å ŠÏ ב—î‘Ó ¶€ÒÆ´±Ö, °Áâ ¶â¢æ™ þµÌÅ —‘¨´³èã‘эè. ƒòïâ¢ÇÖ Ã¦¹° ×€Ì ƒ€œ ¶â¢è ƒÆíìÀ‘ì ‡ò€î º¬´³èã‘эè. œ‘ø±ÍÆ ƒ€œ€Æ °ØÌ µÖÒ °ÁÞÖ ƒÆí鿺ª¥ Ò º€ÝÆ º‘¥Ö€ãÉÅ (—×ìÀþî œ´°Å þº‘¨Å °Á⠝ïÀ‘¿ º‘¥Öè òì) º‘¨×°‘ Ã¦Ú —œË³èþã‘Å. µ‘Å ƒ°í Ãò½ Øב±´° "ÏŽ" º¥¿º‘¥Ö Ò¿º±‘Ì ×͍€ã —‘¯¨ ƒÆí鿺ª¥°‘ ÿ›è ˜êƳ ‡ò ¶€îØí ×¹°³. ƒ¿º‘¥Óò tune ‡ò Àî±Ö ƒòîÃÅ µò鑍 º±¹³èã°‘Ö ƒ€°þÆ ŠÏ Ã€é º‘¥Ò‘þÀ ‡òì þ°‘òêƳ. …›ä¥Å Ò¿º±‘ÌÅ text ƒÏ¹°‘Ö ƒ¿º‘¥Óò ×͍€ã ƒ› ƒ¨À‘ì þª¨™—‘èŽþéò.

PS : Is there any tecnique in Inaimathi to get the two small 'na' correctly? I need to type the same way for both and the Font sets them as it wishes !!!

Oldposts
[tscii:019dc24059]

º¢ÄõÒ ±ýÉ¢¼ÓÁ¢ø¨Ä ¿ñÀ§Ã. ¦ÀâÂÅ÷ ¦ƒÂÀ¡Ã¾¢, ¸Å¢»÷ «Ã¢¸¢Õ‰½ý ¬¸¢§Â¡¨Ãì §¸ðÎô À¡÷ì¸Ä¡õ.

[/tscii:019dc24059]

Oldposts
[tscii:9d4acddcde]
¾¢Õ Å¢‰§Å‰,

ÁШÃò ¾¢ð¼òÐìÌ (www.tamil.net.projectmadurai) ¯í¸¨Çî Íð¼Ä¡õ ±ýÚ ¿¢¨Éò§¾ý. «í§¸ º¢ÄõÒ ÓØÅÐõ ¯ñÎ ±ýÚ ¿ñÀ÷ «Ã¢ ¦º¡ýÉ¡÷.ÁШÃò ¾¢ð¼õ ŨÄò¾Çò¾¢ø ѨÆ ÓÊÂÅ¢ø¨Ä.

Å¡ºý, 'º¢Èó¾ ¾Á¢ú ŨÄò¾Çí¸û' ±ýÈÅ¢¨Æ¢ø ±Ø¾¢Â ¸¡Ã½õ ¾¡§É¡?

[/tscii:9d4acddcde]

Oldposts
[tscii:0649f75a3c]
±Ï Ãύò,
…›è ÃÆ흙 ÁÚÅ µòê. µ‘ñÅ ÃÆòì º‘Ñ™Žþéò. ¹° º‘¥€ÒÉÅ µ¯ºÑä¥Å þª¨èþãò. íé‘Ò éפÇò À€Ò×ã ×͍€ãÉÅ ‡›þñÅ ‘« ƒÆÕÀ‘? 8 ×͍è Àª¨þÀ ‡ò Àî±Ö …èã³. '—œ¹°Áâ µ‘—¥ñÅ þº‘±ïþÒ' ‡òì ÅÁÇÖ,ŠÏ chorus º‘ª¦€î þº‘Ö (ˆÝ‘׳ Àï°ò ±€Ì¿º¥ º‘¥Ö ‡òì š‘ºÅ) M.B.žïבø º‘¬ÇÖ ƒ°€îÉÅ ƒÆíéÒ‘Å ‡òì ŠÏ ‡¯«Å...
[/tscii:0649f75a3c]

Oldposts
±Ï Ãύò,

…›è ÃÆ흙 ÁÚÅ µòê. µ‘ñÅ ÃÆòì º‘Ñ™Žþéò. ¹° º‘¥€ÒÉÅ µ¯ºÑä¥Å þª¨èþãò. íé‘Ò éפÇò À€Ò×ã ×͍€ãÉÅ ‡›þñÅ ‘« ƒÆÕÀ‘? 8 ×͍è Àª¨þÀ ‡ò Àî±Ö …èã³. '—œ¹°Áâ µ‘—¥ñÅ þº‘±ïþÒ' ‡òì ÅÁÇÖ,ŠÏ chorus º‘ª¦€î þº‘Ö (ˆÝ‘׳ Àï°ò ±€Ì¿º¥ º‘¥Ö ‡òì š‘ºÅ) M.B.žïבø º‘¬ÇÖ ƒ°€îÉÅ ƒÆíéÒ‘Å ‡òì ŠÏ ‡¯«Å...

Oldposts
[tscii:d5df5218e7]
vishwesh,

I was too tempted to give the lines of the cilampu as soon as I heared your tune. I resisted it for not encroching the estate here with irrelevant words. Now that it is going to be useful, here it is

¾¢í¸û Á¡¨Ä ¦Åñ̨¼Â¡ý
*** ¦ºýÉ¢ ¦ºí§¸¡ø «Ð´îº¢ì
¸í¨¸ ¾ý¨Éô Ò½÷ó¾¡Öõ
*** ÒÄÅ¡ö Å¡Æ¢ ¸¡§Åâ.
¸í¨¸ ¾ý¨Éô Ò½÷ó¾¡Öõ
*** ÒÄÅ¡Ð ´Æ¢¾ø ¸Âø¸ñ½¡ö.
Áí¨¸ Á¡¾÷ ¦ÀÕí¸üÒ±ýÚ
*** «È¢ó§¾ý Å¡Æ¢ ¸¡§Åâ. 2

ÁýÛõ Á¡¨Ä ¦Åñ̨¼Â¡ý
*** ŨÇÂ¡î ¦ºí§¸¡ø «Ðµîº¢ì
¸ýÉ¢ ¾ý¨Éô Ò½÷ó¾¡Öõ
*** ÒÄÅ¡ö Å¡Æ¢ ¸¡§Åâ.
¸ýÉ¢ ¾ý¨Éô Ò½÷ó¾¡Öõ
*** ÒÄÅ¡Ð ´Æ¢¾ø ¸Âø¸ñ½¡ö.
ÁýÛõ Á¡¾÷ ¦ÀÕí¸üÒ±ýÚ
*** «È¢ó§¾ý Å¡Æ¢ ¸¡§Åâ. 3

¯ÆÅ÷ µ¨¾ Á¾Ìµ¨¾
*** ¯¨¼¿£÷ µ¨¾ ¾ñÀ¾í¦¸¡û
Å¢ÆÅ÷ µ¨¾ º¢ÈóЬ÷ôÀ
*** ¿¼ó¾¡ö Å¡Æ¢ ¸¡§Åâ.
Å¢ÆÅ÷ µ¨¾ º¢ÈóЬ÷ôÀ
*** ¿¼ó¾ ±øÄ¡õ Å¡ö¸¡Å¡
ÁÆÅ÷ µ¨¾ ÅÇÅý¾ý
*** ÅÇ§É Å¡Æ¢ ¸¡§Åâ. 4

§ÅÚ (º¡÷òÐ Åâ - Ӹ÷òÐ)

¸Ã¢ÂÁÄ÷ ¦¿Îí¸ñ ¸¡Ã¢¨¸Óý
*** ¸¼ø¦¾öÅõ ¸¡ðÊì ¸¡ðÊ
«Ã¢ÂÝû ¦À¡öò¾¡÷ «Èý*Ä÷±ýÚ
*** ²¨ÆÂõ¡íÌ «È¢§¸¡õ ³Â
Ţ⸾¢÷ ¦ÅñÁ¾¢Ôõ Á£ý¸½Óõ
*** ¬õ±ý§È Å¢ÇíÌõ ¦Åû¨Çô
ÒâŨÇÔõ ÓòÐõ¸ñÎ ¬õÀø
*** ¦À¡¾¢«Å¢úìÌõ Ò¸¡§Ã ±õã÷. 5

¸¡¾Ä÷ ¬¸¢ì ¸Æ¢ì¸¡Éø
*** ¨¸Ô¨È¦¸¡ñÎ ±õÀ¢ý Åó¾¡÷
²¾¢Ä÷ ¾¡Á¡¸¢ ¡õ*ÃôÀ
*** ¿¢üÀ¨¾Â¡íÌ «È¢§¸¡õ ³Â
Á¡¾Ã¡÷ ¸ñÏõ Á¾¢¿¢Æø¿£÷
*** *¨½¦¸¡ñÎ ÁÄ÷ó¾ ¿£Äô
§À¡Ðõ «È¢Â¡Ð Åñΰº
*** Ä¡Îõ Ò¸¡§Ã ±õã÷. 6

§Á¡Ð Óо¢¨Ã¡ø ¦Á¡òÐñÎ
*** §À¡óЫ¨ºó¾ ÓÃøÅ¡öî ºí¸õ
Á¡¾÷ ÅâÁ½ø§Áø Åñ¼ø
*** ¯ØЫƢôÀ Á¡ú¸¢ ³Â
§¸¡¨¾ ÀâóЫ¨ºÂ ¦ÁøÅ¢ÃÄ¡ø
*** ¦¸¡ñεîÍõ ÌÅ¨Ç Á¡¨Äô
§À¡Ð º¢Èí¸½¢ôÀô §À¡Å¡÷¸ñ
*** §À¡¸¡ô Ò¸¡§Ã ±õã÷. 7

[/tscii:d5df5218e7]

Oldposts
[tscii:9c21b37b8d]
Á¡¾Ã¡÷ ¸ñÏõ Á¾¢¿¢Æø¿£÷
*¨½¦¸¡ñÎ ÁÄ÷ó¾ ¿£Äô
§À¡Ðõ «È¢Â¡Ð Åñΰº
Ä¡Îõ Ò¸¡§Ã ±õã÷.

¿ñÀ÷ ¦Åí¸ð *ð¼ §Áü¸ñ¼ º¢ÄôÀ¾¢¸¡Ãô À¡¼ÖìÌ
(º¢Äô. ¸¡Éø Åâ. 6:3-4) ¾Á¢úô ÀñÀ¡ðÎì ¨¸§ÂðÊø
¸¡½ôÀÎõ ¯¨Ã¨Â *í§¸ *θ¢§Èý:

ÁÄ÷ô ¦À¡ö¨¸;ÓØÁ¾¢Â¢ý ¿¢Æø Åð¼Á¡¸ô ÀÊóÐûÇÐ.¿£Õû ¦¾Ã¢Ôõ
«õ Á¾¢Â¢ý §¾¡üÈõ Áí¨¸Â¢ý Ó¸¦ÁÉì ¸¡ðº¢ ¾Õ¸¢ÈÐ.Á¾¢¿¢Æø
ÀÊóÐûÇ *¼ò¾¢ø, ¿¢ÆÄ¢ý *¨¼Â¢ø, ´ýÚ즸¡ýÚ Á¢¸ ¦¿Õí¸¢,
*¨½Â¡¸ ¯ûÇ *Õ ¿£ÄÁÄ÷ò ¾ñθû §Á¦ÄØóÐ Àì¸ò¾¢üÌ
´ýÈ¡¸î º¡öóÐûÇÉ.¿¢ÄÅ¢ý ¦Åñ¨Á ¿¢ÆÄ¢ø, *Õ ¿£ÄÁÄ÷¸û
*¨½ó¾ §¾¡üÈõ Áí¨¸Â¢ý Ó¸¦ÁÉò §¾¡ýÚ¸¢ÈÐ.«Õ§¸ ´Õ Áí¨¸!
*ô§À¡Ð ÅñÎìÌ ÁÂì¸õ, Áí¨¸Â¢ý Ó¸¦ÁÐ, ÁÄ÷ô §À¡¦¾Ð
±Éò ¦¾Ã¢Â¡Ð ÅñÎ °ºÄ¡Î¸¢È¾¡õ!
[/tscii:9c21b37b8d]

Oldposts
[tscii:6149dd9454]

¢ò¾¨É «Æ¸¡¸ì ¸¡ÉøÅâ À¡ÊÔõ, À¡¼ø ÓÊÔõ§À¡Ð Á¡¾Å¢¨Âì §¸¡ÅÄý ±ý¦ÈýÚÁ¡¸ô À¢Ã¢óÐ §À¡É¾üÌ ±ýÉ ¸¡Ã½Á¡¸Å¢ÕìÌõ?
[/tscii:6149dd9454]

Oldposts
[tscii:4fcd806528]
±ýÉ ¦ºöÅÐ ¿ñÀ÷ ÓÕ¸ý «Å÷¸§Ç.«Ð¾¡ý i*Çí§¸¡
«Ê¸§Ç i*ôÀÊî ¦º¡øĢŢ𼡧Ã..:-))

«¨Ãº¢Âø À¢¨Æò§¾¡÷ì ¸ÈíÜü È¡Åà¯õ
¯¨Ãº¡ø Àò¾¢É¢ì ÌÂ÷󧾡 §Ãò¾Öõ
°úÅ¢¨É ¯ÕòÐÅó àðÎõ ±ýÀà¯õ
ÝúÅ¢¨Éî º¢ÄõÒ ¸¡Ã½ Á¡¸î
º¢ÄôÀ¾¢ ¸¡Ãõ ±ýÛõ ¦ÀÂáø
¿¡ðÎÐõ ¡õµ÷ À¡ðΨ¼î ¦ºöÔû.

[/tscii:4fcd806528]

Oldposts
murugan:

(sorry for writing in english).

An interesting analysis of cilampu by indra parthasarathy (charactristic IP). He questions some the three tenets on which the cilampu is widely quoted as based upon.

I was ROTFL reading kaNNaki being kaRpin kaNali as she was a kid and IP consigning the society on which that kid was living with purported infantine obsession on kaRpu to Fraudian analysis. :-))

I used to argue on similar lines, on the kadaic chankam tamil soc. as degenerated. What else could have motivated such moral works like kuRal, naalatiyAr, AcArakkovai, pazamozi, etc.

Dhana,

he argues that this pAyiram was a later insertion.

Oldposts
Hi Venkat,
Thanks a lot. But I can't read your font. I couldn't find what font you have used from the HTML source either, since you have not tagged it too. Please let me know what font you used.

Oldposts
http://www.thinnai.com/ar0825013.html

Oldposts
Hi Venkat,

Well, I sorted out how to read it. I am not much familiar with Tamil Fonts and so I couldn't immediately decipher it. I didn't know Inaimathi and Inaimathi TSC could mean something so different ! I was trying to decipher it in the former without knowing it. I must thank you once again, for I know how long it would have taken if you had typed it.

Oldposts
[tscii:ce68e3efdb]
*áÓÕ¸ý,

¾Á¢Æ¢¨½Âõ ¾ü¸¡Ä¢¸Á¡¸ò ¾¼í¸¢ì¸¢¼ì¸¢ýÈÐ. «§¾ §¿Ãò¾¢ø, ÁШÃò¾¢ð¼ò¾¢ý ¬Ê Å¡÷ôÀ¢¨É ÁШÃò¾¢ð¼òШ½ ¦¿È¢ôÀÎòÐÉ÷ ÌÁ¡÷ ÁøÄ¢¸¡÷ƒ¤ÉÉ¢ý ¦º¡ó¾ôÀì¸ò¾¢§Ä ¸¡½Ä¡¦ÁÉ «Å÷ ¦¾Ã¢Å¢ì¸¢ýÈ¡÷.
http://kumar.bse.vt.edu/projectmadurai/ (http://kumar.bse.vt.edu/projectmadurai/
)

º¢ÄôÀ¾¢¸¡Ãõ [Ò¸¡÷측ñ¼õ]
http://kumar.bse.vt.edu/projectmadurai/pub/pm0046/pukaar.html (http://kumar.bse.vt.edu/projectmadurai/pub/pm0046/pukaar.html
)

[/tscii:ce68e3efdb]

Oldposts
[tscii:119c572bb5]
FACE="Inaimathi,Inaikathir,WebTamil">

There have been a few poets in Sourashtra language who have contributed significant contributions in Tamil. I was reading some works of a saint called Nadana Gopala Nayagi swamigal. He was also a composer and has written beautiful verse in sourashtra language. His occasional attempts in Tamil language are equally delightful too:

×èãÖ ×‘÷”þ°×ò µ‘À´
—°èãÁÑ°Å …èþã —‘¯¥‘Ö
—‘è€ã™‘Ìò ×ÌÀ‘ª¥‘ò - ×¹°‘ÕÅ
—‘è€ã™Ž¥Áòê þº‘בò...

‡òìÅ

Áª¥‘Ë, Áª¥‘Ë, Ì‘À µ‘À Áª¥‘Ë,
‡ª¥‘è ºÒÅ °ÏÅ ºª¥‘»Ì‘À Áª¥‘Ë...

They have a distinct sourashtra flavor which gives them a kind of charm in Tamil. This flavor is a distinct feature of the short stories of Venkatram...

[/tscii:119c572bb5]

Oldposts
Sorry for my earlier mistake:

There have been a few poets in Sourashtra language who have contributed significant contributions in Tamil. I was reading some works of a saint called Nadana Gopala Nayagi swamigal. He was also a composer and has written beautiful verse in sourashtra language. His occasional attempts in Tamil language are equally delightful too:

×èãÖ ×‘÷”þ°×ò µ‘À´
—°èãÁÑ°Å …èþã —‘¯¥‘Ö
—‘è€ã™‘Ìò ×ÌÀ‘ª¥‘ò - ×¹°‘ÕÅ
—‘è€ã™Ž¥Áòê þº‘בò...

‡òìÅ

Áª¥‘Ë, Áª¥‘Ë, Ì‘À µ‘À Áª¥‘Ë,
‡ª¥‘è ºÒÅ °ÏÅ ºª¥‘»Ì‘À Áª¥‘Ë...

They have a distinct sourashtra flavor which gives them a kind of charm in Tamil. This flavor is a distinct feature of the short stories of Venkatram...

Oldposts
[tscii:5b553c57c7]
Å¢‰§Å‰ µôÄ¡Å¢ý §ÁÖûÇ *Ψ¸ ÁÚÀÊÔõ,
¾Ì¾Ã ±ØòÐÕÅ¢ø

From: Vishvesh Obla (@ 63.65.68.246) on: Thu Sep 6 16:29:24

There have been a few poets in Sourashtra language who have
contributed significant contributions in Tamil. I was reading some
works of a saint called Nadana Gopala Nayagi swamigal.
He was also a composer and has written beautiful verse in
sourashtra language. His occasional attempts in Tamil language are
equally delightful too:

ÅûÇø Å¡…¤§¾Åý ¿¡Áò
¦¾ûÇÁ¢÷¾õ ¯û§Ç ¦¸¡ñ¼¡ø
¦¸¡û¨Ç측Ãý ÅÃÁ¡ð¼¡ý - Åó¾¡Öõ
¦¸¡û¨Ç츢¼Á¢ýÈ¢ §À¡Å¡ý...

±ýÚõ

Á¢ð¼¡ö, Á¢ð¼¡ö, áÁ ¿¡Á Á¢ð¼¡ö,
±ð¼¡û ÀÄõ ¾Õõ Àð¼¡À¢Ã¡Á Á¢ð¼¡ö...

They have a distinct sourashtra flavor which gives them a kind of
charm in Tamil. This flavor is a distinct feature of the short stories
of Venkatram
[/tscii:5b553c57c7]

Oldposts
[tscii:fbce457f47]

«ýÒûÇ Å¢‰§Å‰,

±õ.Å¢.Å¢ ÀüÈ¢ ±Ø¾¢Â¨¾ì ¸ñÎ Á¸¢ú. «Å÷ ¢ÃñÎ ¬ñθû Óý ¸¡ÄÁ¡É §À¡Ð ÁýȨÁÂò¾¢ø «Å÷ À¨¼ôÒ츨Çô ÀüÈ¢ ´Õ ¾¢Ã¢ ÐÅí¸¢§Éý. ¡էÁ ÀíÌ ¦ÀÈ¡Áø «ôÀʧ àí¸¢ô §À¡öÅ¢ð¼Ð. «¨¾ò ¾¢ÕõÀò ¦¾¡¼í¸¢ Ţš¾¢ì¸Ä¡§Á!

[/tscii:fbce457f47]

Oldposts
12th December 2004, 08:33 AM
[tscii:5f45948f75]
< FONT FACE="Inaimathi,Inaikathir,WebTamil">

ò½èã Ãύò,

±Ï MVV ‘ÒÀ‘î —œË±€Æ µ‘ò ê¹°þ° ƒ¹° Øב° Àòé´±Ö Æ‘þÌ‘ —œ‘ÖÓ´°‘ò. ÿ›æÅ ×Ï€¥Æ º€¥¿½€ã

ºíê Øב±™ ØÏ¿ºÅ —‘¯¨èåÑè ‡òº³ ê´³ µ‘ò Á™ ÀŽâ¢ €¥Žþéò. ˆ—îòé‘Ö, À¬™—‘¦

‡à´°‘ãэäÖ œÍÆ‘î ±éî‘ËÚ —œËÆ¿º¥‘°°‘Ö ×€Ì ‹ÌÅ ª¦ ت¥îþÌ‘ ‡ò—éÖÒ‘Å ¶€î´³èþãò. ×Ï€¥Æ

Øϳ —ºíé '‘³è' —×äÆ‘î ×€ÌÇÖ ×€Ì Á¢ÒþÌ ê¹±Ï¹°îÑ ‡òº³ µ‘ò ê¹° ×€ÌÇÖ …¯€ÀÆ‘Å. ‡î™

°Áâ ½±î›è ÀíìÅ ì €°äò —°‘¥Ñ½ —œ‘ÖÒ™˜¦Æ°‘ ƒÖґت¥‘ÕÅ, À¬™—‘¦ ‡à´°‘ãэä¥Å ƒÏ¹°

‚Ñ×Å ‡ò€î MVV ºíê ‹ÍÏ ×‘Ñ´€°è —œ‘ÖÒ ³–¯¨Žé³. —ºÆÑ Àé¹³ þº‘î ŠÏ Anthology ƒÖ MVVò ì€°

Šòê€î µ‘ò ðÓÖ º¦´°³ ‡ò ¶€îØí ×ÏŽé³. µ‘ò º¦´° À¬™—‘¦ ‡à´°‘ãÑè €î×Í¥ÃÅ ŠÏ —º‘³×‘î

ÀíìÅ charactarestic (sorry, I am frequently at a loss for tamil equivalent words; How I wish there was a English - Tamil dictionary

online!) …«Ñ¢Ç€î º‘Ñ´³èþãò : °Áâ ½±î›è ÀíìÅ ì€° ƒÒ™ŽÆÅ ×ãÌ þׯ¨—Àòé‘Ö µ‘Å °íÍÆ ŠÏ

native idiom …Ïב™ þׯ¨Å ‡òé …¹³°ÕÅ °í‘î ×эäò é¹° ÃÆíÉÅ ×эäò ‡à´±€î …«ÑØ´°³.

×эäò ÃÆíÇÖ …Ï×‘î ŠÏ é¹° native narrative style »òî‘Ö þÀÕÅ ×ãÑ¢ €¥Æ‘ÀÖ ŠÏ þ°™Å €¥¹°³

‡òº³Å ‡ò ‡¯«Å. MVVò ì€°Ç€î º¦´°³Å ƒþ° ‡¯«›æ¥ò ‡î™ ÁÚÅ ºÍ¢ÆÀ‘î ˆþ°‘ ŠÏ ñº×´€°

…«Ñ¹°³ ‡ò Àî±Ö ºŸ€ÀÆ‘ ƒòñÅ …èã³. »òî‘Ö, µ‘ò MVV ŠÏ œÜÌ‘ö¦ÌÑ ‡òº³ ê¹°³Å ÁÚÅ ‚¢œÍÆÃÅ

ÀŽâ¢ÉÅ €¥¹þ°ò : ×Ñ ‡ò œÄ´±€î þœÑ¹°×Ñ ‡òº°î‘Ö ÖÒ ; ‡ò œÄ´±ò unique Ò‘¢œ‘ÍÆ ÇÆÖ½€ãÉÅ

À¬™—‘¦ ‡à´°‘ãэäò native idiom ƒÖ Ý‘ —º‘Ï´° ×Ì‘Ö ƒÆòé³ ‡òº°î‘Ö. ŠÏ ‡à´°‘ãò °‘Ë —À‘ÞÇÖ

'…«Ì' æ¹°‘Ö Àª¨þÀ ŠÏ native idiom ƒ€î …Ïב™ ƒÆÕÅ (Joseph Conrad þº‘òé Ò exceptional cases ƒÏ¿»ñÅ).

MVV ƒ¥Å ƒÏ¹° œÜÌ‘ö¦Ì Ò‘¢œ‘Ì °‘™Å ×Ï€¥Æ Ò ì€°äò native idiom ƒ€î é¿»´°³ ‡òì ˜é æƑ³ ; ŠÏ Ò‘±Æ‘î Ÿ€×Ç€î ä´°³ ‡òº³ ‡ò ‡¯«Å.

Well, Got to work too ! ¬¿—º‘ê …´±þÆ‘´±Ö ‡òî ŠÏ œÜÍÆÅ !

[/tscii:5f45948f75]

Oldposts
Sorry, somehow or other i am having trouble with tamil fonts. Let me try to set my above posting right:

< FONT FACE="Inaimathi,Inaikathir,WebTamil">

ò½èã Ãύò,

±Ï MVV ‘ÒÀ‘î —œË±€Æ µ‘ò ê¹°þ° ƒ¹° Øב° Àòé´±Ö Æ‘þÌ‘ —œ‘ÖÓ´°‘ò. ÿ›æÅ ×Ï€¥Æ º€¥¿½€ã

ºíê Øב±™ ØÏ¿ºÅ —‘¯¨èåÑè ‡òº³ ê´³ µ‘ò Á™ ÀŽâ¢ €¥Žþéò. ˆ—îòé‘Ö, À¬™—‘¦

‡à´°‘ãэäÖ œÍÆ‘î ±éî‘ËÚ —œËÆ¿º¥‘°°‘Ö ×€Ì ‹ÌÅ ª¦ ت¥îþÌ‘ ‡ò—éÖÒ‘Å ¶€î´³èþãò. ×Ï€¥Æ

Øϳ —ºíé '‘³è' —×äÆ‘î ×€ÌÇÖ ×€Ì Á¢ÒþÌ ê¹±Ï¹°îÑ ‡òº³ µ‘ò ê¹° ×€ÌÇÖ …¯€ÀÆ‘Å. ‡î™

°Áâ ½±î›è ÀíìÅ ì €°äò —°‘¥Ñ½ —œ‘ÖÒ™˜¦Æ°‘ ƒÖґت¥‘ÕÅ, À¬™—‘¦ ‡à´°‘ãэä¥Å ƒÏ¹°

‚Ñ×Å ‡ò€î MVV ºíê ‹ÍÏ ×‘Ñ´€°è —œ‘ÖÒ ³–¯¨Žé³. —ºÆÑ Àé¹³ þº‘î ŠÏ Anthology ƒÖ MVVò ì€°

Šòê€î µ‘ò ðÓÖ º¦´°³ ‡ò ¶€îØí ×ÏŽé³. µ‘ò º¦´° À¬™—‘¦ ‡à´°‘ãÑè €î×Í¥ÃÅ ŠÏ —º‘³×‘î

ÀíìÅ charactarestic (sorry, I am frequently at a loss for tamil equivalent words; How I wish there was a English - Tamil dictionary

online!) …«Ñ¢Ç€î º‘Ñ´³èþãò : °Áâ ½±î›è ÀíìÅ ì€° ƒÒ™ŽÆÅ ×ãÌ þׯ¨—Àòé‘Ö µ‘Å °íÍÆ ŠÏ

native idiom …Ïב™ þׯ¨Å ‡òé …¹³°ÕÅ °í‘î ×эäò é¹° ÃÆíÉÅ ×эäò ‡à´±€î …«ÑØ´°³.

×эäò ÃÆíÇÖ …Ï×‘î ŠÏ é¹° native narrative style »òî‘Ö þÀÕÅ ×ãÑ¢ €¥Æ‘ÀÖ ŠÏ þ°™Å €¥¹°³

‡òº³Å ‡ò ‡¯«Å. MVVò ì€°Ç€î º¦´°³Å ƒþ° ‡¯«›æ¥ò ‡î™ ÁÚÅ ºÍ¢ÆÀ‘î ˆþ°‘ ŠÏ ñº×´€°

…«Ñ¹°³ ‡ò Àî±Ö ºŸ€ÀÆ‘ ƒòñÅ …èã³. »òî‘Ö, µ‘ò MVV ŠÏ œÜÌ‘ö¦ÌÑ ‡òº³ ê¹°³Å ÁÚÅ ‚¢œÍÆÃÅ

ÀŽâ¢ÉÅ €¥¹þ°ò : ×Ñ ‡ò œÄ´±€î þœÑ¹°×Ñ ‡òº°î‘Ö ÖÒ ; ‡ò œÄ´±ò unique Ò‘¢œ‘ÍÆ ÇÆÖ½€ãÉÅ

À¬™—‘¦ ‡à´°‘ãэäò native idiom ƒÖ Ý‘ —º‘Ï´° ×Ì‘Ö ƒÆòé³ ‡òº°î‘Ö. ŠÏ ‡à´°‘ãò °‘Ë —À‘ÞÇÖ

'…«Ì' æ¹°‘Ö Àª¨þÀ ŠÏ native idiom ƒ€î …Ïב™ ƒÆÕÅ (Joseph Conrad þº‘òé Ò exceptional cases ƒÏ¿»ñÅ).

MVV ƒ¥Å ƒÏ¹° œÜÌ‘ö¦Ì Ò‘¢œ‘Ì °‘™Å ×Ï€¥Æ Ò ì€°äò native idiom ƒ€î é¿»´°³ ‡òì ˜é æƑ³ ; ŠÏ Ò‘±Æ‘î Ÿ€×Ç€î ä´°³ ‡òº³ ‡ò ‡¯«Å.

Well, Got to work too ! ¬¿—º‘ê …´±þÆ‘´±Ö ‡òî ŠÏ œÜÍÆÅ !

Oldposts
[tscii:9edb76b83e]

«ýÒûÇ Å¢‰§Å‰,

±õ.Å¢.Å£¨Â µÃõ ¸ðÊò¾¡ý Å¢ð¼¡÷¸û. «Å¨Ãô ÀüÈ¢, «Åâý ±ØòÐ츨Çô ÀüÈ¢ ¿¢¨ÈÂô §ÀºÄ¡õ. §Àº §ÅñÎõ. ±ý «Õ¨Á ±Øò¾¡Ç ¿ñÀ÷ (Á¨Èó¾) ¾ï¨º À¢Ã¸¡‰, ¸Å¢»÷ ÃÅ¢ÍôÃÁ½¢Âý š¢ġ¸ ±õ.Å¢.Ţ¢ý ¬Ù¨Á ÀüÈ¢ ¿¢¨ÈÂì §¸ðÊÕ츢§Èý. ¸¨½Â¡Æ¢ì¸¡¸ «Å¨Ãô §ÀðÊ ¸¡½§ÅñÎõ ±ýÚ ¿ñÀ÷ áõƒ¢ ¸¨½Â¡Æ¢ ¬º¢Ã¢Âá¸Å¢Õó¾§À¡Ð (1996-97) ÓÂý§È¡õ. ÓÊ¡Áø §À¡ÉÐ.

Å¢Ã¢Å¡É ¸Ê¾õ ±Øи¢§Èý..Â¢í§¸Ôõ À½¢Â¢ý «¨ÆôÒò¾¡ý ;-)

[/tscii:9edb76b83e]

Oldposts
http://www.intamm.com/vanavil/history.htm

Oldposts
How about Veeramamunivar ( Beschi) , the European Missionary who learnt Tamil in his thirties, gained such a mastery over the language that he was able to write a poetic work onthe life of Jesus ,Thembavani ?

Oldposts
[tscii:a4da489f18]
¾¢Õ. Á†¢ (*Âü¦ÀÂ÷: ÌÕº¡Á¢, ¸¢.Å¡.ƒÅ¢ý «Ó¾¿¢¨ÄÂò¾¢ø À½¢Â¡üÈ¢ µö× ¦ÀüÈ ÓЦÀÕõ ±Øò¾¡Ç÷, ¸Å¢»÷) «Å÷¸û ¾Á¢ØìÌò ¦¾¡ñ¼¡üȢ ¦¾Öí¸÷¸¨Çô ÀüÈ¢ ´Õ áø ±Ø¾¢Â¢Õ츢ȡ÷. «¾üÌ §Áø Å¢ÅÃí¸û ¿¢¨ÉÅ¢ø *ø¨Ä.

[/tscii:a4da489f18]

Oldposts
«ýÒ¨¼Â£÷
«Îò¾ÅÕ¼õ ƒÉÅâÁ¡¾õ ¾Á¢Æ¢ý Ó츢ÂÁ¡É *Ä츢 ¬Ù¨ÁÔõ , «Æ¸¢ÂÄ¡ÇÕÁ¡É Ó ¾¨Ç º¢í¸õ ÌÈ¢òÐ ´Õ ¸Õò¾Ãí¨¸ ¿¼ò¾ ¦º¡ø Ò¾¢Ð º¢üÈ¢¾ú ¯ò§¾º¢òÐûÇÐ. ¸Õò¾Ãí¸õ º¢È¢Â «ÇÅ¢ø ¾¡ý ¯ò§¾º¢ì¸ô ÀðÎûÇÐ.º¢üÈ¢¾Æ¢ý ÀÄÅ£Éí¸û ¿¢¾¢ º¡÷ó¾¨Å. °ðÊ¢ø ,«Ð º£ºÉøÄ ±ýÀ¾É¡ø ,‚ ¿¡Ã¡Â½ÌÕÌÄõ *ÄźÁ¡¸ ¸¢¨¼ìÌõ.*¼Åº¾¢Ô¼ý º¢Ú ¿¢¾¢Ô¾Å¢Ôõ¦ºöÅ¡÷¸û.¯½×î ¦ºÄ׸¨Ç ¦º¡ø Ò¾¢Ð º¡÷À¢ø ¸ÅÉ¢òÐì ¦¸¡û§Å¡õ . Å¢Ã¢Å¡É Å¡º¸ô Àí§¸üÒìÌ ¦À¡ÐÅ¡É º¡ò¾¢Âõ ̨È× .¸¡Ã½õ *¾ü¸¡¸ °ðÊ Å¨Ã ÅÕÀÅ÷¸û ̨ÈÅ¡¸§Å *ÕôÀ¡÷¸û.¦Àâ «ÇÅ¢ø ¿¼ò¾ ±í¸Ç¡ø ÓÊÅÐÁ¢ø¨Ä.¬¸ ¯ò§¾º¢ò¾¢ÕôÀÐ ´Õ º¢Ú ¬öÅÃí¸õ .¬÷ÅÓûÇ 20 Ó¾ø 30 Ũà *Ä츢 ŢÁ⺸÷¸û, ¿ñÀ÷¸û Àí§¸üÚ ´Õ Ţš¾õ.¾¨Çº¢í¸ò¾¢ý ÀüÀÄ ¾Çí¸¨ÇôÀüÈ¢ 10 ¸ðΨøû ¾Â¡Ã¢ì¸ ÓÊÔÁ¡ ±ýÀ§¾ ¾¢ð¼õ.¸ðΨâý ÓýŨÃ׸¨Ç «íÌ Óý¨ÅòРŢš¾¢òÐ ÓبÁ ¦ºöÐ ¦¸¡ûÇ ÓÂø§Å¡õ. «Åü¨È áø ÅÊÅ¢ø ¦ÅǢ¢¼ ¯ò§¾ºõ ¯ûÇÐ.ÀÄ ¾Çí¸¨Ç §º÷ó¾ 12 ¿ñÀ÷¸Ç¢¼õ ¸ðΨà §¸ðÎû§Ç¡õ. áø ¸¢¨¼ôÀÐ º¢ÃÁõ ±ýÀ¾É¡ø *ô§À¡Ð¾¡ý «Åü¨È ¦ƒÃ¡ìŠ ±ÎòÐ ±øÄ¡ÕìÌõ «ÛôÀ¢ÅÕ¸¢§È¡õ.¸Õò¾Ãí¸ Å¢„Âò¾¢ø Á¢¸ô¦Àâ ¦ºÄ× *о¡¦ÉýÚ Àθ¢ÈÐ. ¸Õò¾ÃíÌ «§É¸Á¡¸ ƒÉÅâ Á¡¾õ *Ãñ¼¡õ Å¡Ãõ ¿¼ìÌõ. ¦ÅûÇ¢ ºÉ¢ »¡Â¢Ú ±ýÚ ãýÚ ¿¡ð¸Ç¢ø .¦Á¡ò¾õ 6 «Ãí̸û .»¡Â¢Ú Á¾¢Âõ ÓÊŨ¼Ôõ.
Àí§¸üÀ¾üÌ ¸ð¼½õ *ø¨Ä .¬É¡ø ¦Á¡ò¾õ 4 ¿¢Àó¾¨É¸û ¯ñÎ. 1]¸ñÊôÀ¡¸ ÅÕ¨¸¨Â ÓýÜðʧ ¯Ú¾¢ ¦ºö§ÅñÎõ.«ÛÁ¾¢ *øÄ¡Áø ±Å¨ÃÔõ «¨ÆòÐ ÅÃìܼ¡Ð.2] ±øÄ¡ «Ãí̸ǢÖõ ¸ñÊôÀ¡¸ ¸ÄóÐ ¦¸¡ûÇ §ÅñÎõ.±ó¾ «Ãí¨¸Ôõ ±ì¸¡Ã½ò¾¡Öõ ¾Å¢÷ôÀÐ «ÛÁ¾¢ì¸ô À¼ Á¡ð¼¡Ð.3]«Ãí¸¢Öõ ¸Õò¾Ãí¸ ¿¡ð¸Ç¢ø ¦ÅÇ¢§ÂÔõ ¸ñÊôÀ¡¸ ÁÐ «Õó¾Ä¡¸¡Ð. 4]¾É¢ôÀð¼ ¾¡ì̾ø¸û ¾Å¢÷ì¸ôÀ¼ §ÅñÎõ.
±øÄ¡Å¢¾Á¡É Å¢ÁâºÉí¸ÙÌõ *¼õ¾Ã ÓÂø§Å¡õ.´ðÎ ¦Á¡ò¾Á¡¸ ¾Á¢úî ÝÆÄ¢ø ¾¨Çº¢í¸ò¨¾ ¸ÅÉôÀÎòÐÅÐ ¾¡ý §¿¡ì¸õ .§¿Ã¢ø Åà ÓÊ¡¾Å÷¸û ¸ðΨøû «ÛôÀ¢É¡ø À¢ÃÍÃòÐìÌõ Ţš¾òÐìÌõ ¯¾Å¢Â¡¸ *ÕìÌõ
¦¾¡¼÷ÒìÌ

S ARUNMOZHI NANGAI
HEAD POST OFFICE
THUCKALAY
TAMIL NADU
INDIA
PH 04652 227049
jeyamohanb@rediffmail.com
soll_pudhidhu@hotmail.com[tscii:7f4ec1f8fb]
[/tscii:7f4ec1f8fb]

Oldposts
There used to be a popular poet in SL named Memon Kavi. He belonged to a miniscule minority of Shia Muslims from Pakistan (Memons or Meo) who learnt Tamil in SL and eventually became a celebrated poet.
[/i]

Oldposts
[tscii:a6002fcc0b]
«Å÷ þÄí¨¸-¦¸¡ØõÀ¢§Ä§Â À¢ÈóÐ ÅÇ÷ó¾Å÷. ±ñÀиǢ§Ä (§Áò¾¡ À¡½¢Â¢ø) À¢ÃÀøÂÁ¡ÉÅ÷. ¦¸¡ØõÒ ³óÐ þÄ¡õÒîºó¾¢Â¢§Ä ¸¨¼ ¨Åò¾¢Õó¾¡÷.
«Å÷ ̃áò¾¢ §ÁÁý ±ýÚ Å¡º¢ò¾¾¡¸ »¡À¸õ
«Åâý Ò¨¸ôÀ¼ò¨¾ þí§¸ Eelam_LitArt_Arch þý Ò¨¸ôÀ¼îÍÅÊ¢§Ä ¸¡½Ä¡õ.
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_2621119/mEman+Kavi.jpg?bctv9A8AQ.StZ5iy (http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_2621119/mEman+Kavi.jpg?bctv9A8AQ.StZ5iy
)
[/tscii:a6002fcc0b]

Oldposts
italics become straight.... or not??

Oldposts
[tscii:3ab1e8d4fb]
þÄ
<a name="last"></a>

[/tscii:3ab1e8d4fb]