PDA

View Full Version : Tamil Movie Lovers Passion' for TOLLYWOOD

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 07:57 AM
I can see many Telugu movie fans than those of Bollywood and Hollywood.
Perhaps, telugu is much closer and similar to Tamil Industry..

So, give ur toughts, and share ur views...

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 07:59 AM
Im waiting for Mahesh' Pokiri which is releasing on 28th this month..
Illeana is one reason, another is Puri wont give useless movies..

MAhesh is playing Officer come Rowdy in this movie..

Super ah irukkumnu nambaren

kb
12th April 2006, 08:02 AM
Im waiting for Mahesh' Pokiri which is releasing on 28th this month..
Illeana is one reason, another is Puri wont give useless movies..

MAhesh is playing Officer come Rowdy in this movie..

Super ah irukkumnu nambaren

i will be seeing it in first week.. en roomate paakaate vidamaataan

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 08:03 AM
What about Telugu Captain's Veerabhadra..
Avarukkellam Tanushree Dutta...
:banghead:

he was here in KL last month, KLCC munnukku than shooting...

kb
12th April 2006, 08:05 AM
did u see the trailer..

god of masses, strikes again ..roaring :lol: :lol:

glamourlaam kaatraarappa.. hero glamour kaatrathu.. ithu thaan muthal tharava..

also i saw the vijaya... something..

train ne saamikumpittu thodaila adichu.. kaineetuvaaru.. athupaatuku pogu pinnalaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vijaykanth is 200 times better

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 08:07 AM
:rotfl:

Andhra le avaru peru Mahastar NBK..
Ellarum kindla crocodile NVK nu sollubanga..

I shink That is Vijayendra Varma..
Pakistanis kitta Telugule pseuvaru

kb
12th April 2006, 08:16 AM
i also heard.. he goes from DELHI to ppakistan in a PARAchute... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i have asked my roomie to somehow get that movie.. their is a superclass to our captain.. many of TN guys are waiting to see him :lol: :lol:

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 08:18 AM
Captain eh paravalla polarakku

ajithfederer
12th April 2006, 08:18 AM
yeah in one movie of bk

he grows a hen and that hen kills a rowdy

:shock: :D :lol: :rotfl:

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 08:19 AM

Sirippu tanaga mudyila..
Epdithan Andhra karanga samalichangalo..
Lemme see if someone ploaded those vidoes in youtube

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 08:22 AM
Bangaram Audio

Film:Bangaram Music:Vidyasagar Producer:AM Ratnam Director:Dharani Audio Range:hit Marketed by: Aditya Music Price:39/-

Eventhough Pawan Kalyan's films fail his audios have always been a hit with the audiences. Just like the title, the songs are real bangaram. This time he has given importance to class songs, despite it looking like a mass movie.

Vidyasagar hasn't given a proper hit and Kalyan made him give music that would appeal to the youth and class audience to an extent. With repeated listening one would surely love it. Seems to have a visual beauty.

Jai Sambho is combination of semi folk beats and a rap, a adrenaline accelerating dance number, which will thrill Pawan Kalyan's fans. The simple lyrics are easy on compliment Vidyasagar's efforts well. Egire Chulkamma by Udit Narayan and Anuradha Sriram is a song about the girl and boy casting aspersions on ecah other.

The singers expressive velvety vocals add another dimension to a song that one feels like grooving to again and again. Ra Ra Bangaram sounds more like a tamil song and you would like it after repeated listening. The power packed vocals of Tippu and Manikyan Vinaygan makes the electricity wires rub shoulders in style. Sure to set fire amongst the mass.

There can't be a better choice than Sukhvinder and Anuradha Sriram for thsi melodious song which shifts to a bhangra beat. The only genuine duet with lusty rhythm, brilliantly minimalistic music arrangements and the entire feel creates a grate ambience.

Chedugudunte is a song made on Trisha infuses fresh energy and zing to this number. This audio is a must buy for any occasion and will surely race and remain in the top slot for many weeks.

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 08:26 AM
Check Out These :rotfl: Steps of NBK
In Saami Remake...

(The song was similar like I love u lov u sonnale of Ullathai Allitha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LscyZOfVs1A&search=nbk

kidils
12th April 2006, 08:35 AM
What about Telugu Captain's Veerabhadra..
Avarukkellam Tanushree Dutta...

avarukellam sada... :banghead:

telugu movies.. I liked recently

Nuvvostanante Nennodentana
Happy - allu arjun is awesome + Genelia like she was in sachin!
chukkalo chandrudu - allright..

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 08:37 AM
HAppy was like Azhagiya Theeye..
NVNV is very good..

YAravathu Narasimmhudu pateengala?
NTR ingidu oru bottle toooki poduvan, paip vedikkum..

kb
12th April 2006, 08:39 AM
Check Out These :rotfl: Steps of NBK
In Saami Remake...

(The song was similar like I love u lov u sonnale of Ullathai Allitha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LscyZOfVs1A&search=nbk

athula avan kooda asin-na aadrathu :evil: :evil: :evil: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 08:41 AM
Ya KB
Asin than..

Pateengala, Asin so homely in TN.. Anga poi epdinu..
He even danced with Katrina Kaif..

kidils
12th April 2006, 08:42 AM
HAppy was like Azhagiya Theeye..

a lil bit... but allu arjun makes the difference... he is so cool nd funny.

his dancing rocks....!

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 08:42 AM
His steps cannot be matched..
Dance le pinnuvan

m_23_bayarea
12th April 2006, 08:40 PM
[tscii:a8e8ffbc49]Rajini is the Chief Guest for Chiranjeevi’s felicitation
April 12, 2006

The whole of Andhra is eagerly looking forward to April 23rd when Chiranjeevi will be felicitated by the Telugu film industry for receiving the Padmabushan award this year. Two giants from the tinsel town, Amitabh Bachhan and Rajinikanth were invited to be the Chief Guests. However, following his recent surgery, Big B has expressed his inability to attend the felicitation. Hence, Rajinikanth is likely to be the sole Chief Guest. Several other dignitaries are also expected to grace the occasion and honour Chiru.

Incidentally, Rajini is also a recipient of the Padmabushan award, a couple of years ago. Rajini who nowadays stays away from public functions had accepted to be a part of the celebrations, as a gesture of love and respect for his dear friend Chiru. Earlier in Chiranjeevi's daughter Sushmita’s marriage also, Rajini was one among the first guests to come way ahead in the early morning, to bless the couple. Reports say that Chiru who was in Chennai for the shooting of 'Stalin' met Rajini recently.
__________________________________________________ ___

NTR .... Nice thread dude ... There have been a lot of news items that connect the Telugu industry with ours ... And I wasnt quite sure where to post them ... Now this is good ... Thanks for opening it !!! :thumbsup:

[/tscii:a8e8ffbc49]

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 08:45 PM
Superstar is well known in Andhra, in fact people call him Superstar also..
They dont even call Krishna as Superstar nowadays..

Raikkonen
13th April 2006, 11:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpMJKCjVb30&search=balakrishna

KB..
This is for u..

Train pattuku pinnale povutu

Raikkonen
13th April 2006, 12:03 PM
Crazy man this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMJ_y936XoU&search=balayya

Raikkonen
13th April 2006, 12:08 PM
Oh My Word..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZJDTszmN_Y&search=balayya

Raikkonen
13th April 2006, 12:12 PM
Analum Ithellam Remba Overruuu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5JzLy2e3c&search=balayya

Raikkonen
13th April 2006, 09:34 PM
[tscii:b368c16a6c]Pokiri` Vs `Bangaram` battle!

By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 12 April , 2006, 13:22

This summer, it is Pokiri Vs Bangaram battle at the Andhra box-office. Pokiri releases on April 28 and Bangaram on May 4.
Mahesh Babu the ‘Prince’ has got a slender lead over Pawan Kalyan in the youth audience category and his last release Athadu was a huge hit. At the same time Pawan’s last two films were pretty lukewarm and Bangaram is touted to be his comeback vehicle.

Puri Jagannath is a better known director than Dharani among viewers in Andhra. Dharani is basically a Tamil director, but is a past master in making mass entertainers work among the audience unlike Puri who is yet to prove himself in an action movie.

Bangaram has music by Vidyasagar who is basically a Telugu man who is established in Tamil and the song Ra Ra..Bangaram.. sung by Tipu and Manicka Vinayagam is scorching the charts. Mani Sharma’s Pokiri music is yet to catch up.

It is also a toss-up on who will get a good opening- Mahesh or Pawan? And in the final analysis the film with better content will be the winner.

Love Em''[/tscii:b368c16a6c]

Kumar
14th April 2006, 07:04 AM
Raikkonen,
thanks for the videos. I don't know which is bigger; Balayya's ego or the unintentional comedy factor.

Speaking of uninetional comedy, is that actor Krishna (?) still acting? Is he still taking on 25 year old bachelor roles, despite being near 70?

Raikkonen
14th April 2006, 07:26 AM
I think he last acted in a family movie 2-3 years back..

kb
14th April 2006, 07:38 AM
thanks da NTR .. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

superb comedy.. inga enga roomla orey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raikkonen
14th April 2006, 07:46 AM
Enakku sirichi sirichi kannule tanniye vanturichi..

kidils
14th April 2006, 07:52 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

toooo funny...!

Raikkonen
14th April 2006, 07:58 AM
Ivara anuppi vachiruntha Indiavukku olympics le 7-8 gold medals kidachirukkum..

Look at his walking style in the ultimate video...

kb
14th April 2006, 08:04 AM
pithamagan vikram maathiri irruku :lol:

Raikkonen
14th April 2006, 08:06 AM
Singam, Puli, Bagat Singh, Munivar ipdi pala get-up e varuvaru..

Train mela bike vudararu...

great
14th April 2006, 08:07 AM
Hey guyz , i want to download few songs from the movie Annamacharya....... any good site you can recommend apart from coolgoose

Raikkonen
14th April 2006, 08:08 AM
try Greatndhra.com

im not sure whether they uploaded the songs or not..

Raikkonen
14th April 2006, 08:12 AM
Chiranjeevi Steps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUiUfeuMmPk&search=chiru

Kumar
14th April 2006, 11:49 AM
I think he last acted in a family movie 2-3 years back..

Really? Who gave him permission to act?

Isn't there some international law to ensure that such atrocities will never take place?

Anyway, keep those vidoes coming.

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 11:57 AM
??

m_23_bayarea
19th April 2006, 10:10 PM
More market elsewhere
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, April 19, 2006]

Adding to the list of Tamil films being dubbed and released in Telugu is Pattiyal.

The movie directed by Vishnu Vardhan featuring Arya, Bharath, Pooja and Padmapriya is set for release as Gayam in Telugu.

With Bharath's Kadhal being dubbed and released as Premiste, Tollywood distributors feel Pattiyal would get a decent opening.

Pattiyal is being dubbed as Gayam. P Kishore Babu is dubbing this film under Blue sky Entertainments.

Let's hope the movie goes on to make it big in Andhra Pradesh and establish a career for the likes of Arya and Bharath in Tollywood.

Most likely, all hit action movies in Tamil become big hits in Telugu too right ?? :? :?

andhrudu
20th April 2006, 02:44 AM
watchout Nagarjuna's latest devotional blockbuster SriRamadasu trailers at

http://idlebrain.com/movietape/sriramadasu.html

andhrudu
20th April 2006, 02:47 AM
check out Mahesh's latest Pokiri trailers

http://idlebrain.com/movietape/pokiri.html

andhrudu
20th April 2006, 02:54 AM
Chinna Jeeyar Swamy blesses Sri Ramadasu

On the occasion of completing 4 years successfully MAA TV has felicitated the Sri Ramadasu unit at Vijayawada on 14th April, 2006. Sri Trinadi Srimannarayana Chinna Jeeyar Swamy attended this event as special guest and blessed the entire Sri Ramadasu unit.

Speaking on this occasion Chinna Jeeyar Swamy praised the direction of K Raghavendra Rao and the performance of hero Nagarjuna. He spoke about 30 minutes in this function.

Hero Nagarjuna, heroines Sneha, Archana, producer Konda Krishnam Raju, director K Raghavendra Rao, MAA TV Chairman Murali Krishnam Raju, writer JK Bharavi, comedians Ali, Venumadhav, Jayaprakash Reddy and actor Hema attended this function.

Photo Gallery:
http://www.tollywoodinfo.com/modules/xcgal/thumbnails.php?album=335

andhrudu
20th April 2006, 02:56 AM
[tscii:bf661030d8]Music of Shekhar Kammula’s (Anand fame) forth coming movie Godavari was released today (on 7th April, 2006) at Viceroy Hotel, Hyderabad. Sumanth and Kamalini Mukherjee are playing as the main lead. Yuvasamrat Nagarjuna released the audio and gave the first cassette to Mr. Ramesh of Madhura Entertainments. GVG Raju is producing this under SSC Arts banner and KM Radhakrishnan (Anand Fame) composed the music.

Heroes Nagarjuna, Sumanth, Gopichand, heroine Kamalini Mukherjee, producer GVG Raju, ‘Dil’ Raju, ML Kumar Chowdary, director Shekhar Kammula writer Veturi, music director KM Radhakrishnan and Ramesh attended the function.

Director Shekhar Kammula said, “Godavari is like my second daughter while Anand is my first daughter. The movie will definitely become success and the caption we have choosen ‘Ee Vesavi Challaga Untundi’ got good response.

Hero Sumanth thanked the director and producer on this occasion. He also said that he enjoyed working with Shekhar Kammula.

Gopichand said that he knew the story of Godavari and also said that it’s going to be a big hit.

Lyricist Veturi said that after many years he got an opportunity to write pure Telugu songs in the form of Godavari.

Nagarjuna said that he liked Anand film and liked the simplicity in making from Shekar Kamuula. He also praised Radhakrishna for his classical music. He continued saying that he listened to the music of Godavari and liked it immensely. He also eulogized and predicted that Kamalani would get Nandi for sure.
[/tscii:bf661030d8]

Kollywoodfan
20th April 2006, 04:24 AM
Pournami and Pokiri songs are amazing...Check them out at raaga... :D

Sanguine Sridhar
20th April 2006, 06:31 AM
Pournami and Pokiri songs are amazing...Check them out at raaga... :D
Is those are Tamil movies?? :roll:

Kollywoodfan
20th April 2006, 07:56 AM
No this is a Tollywood thread as well, right? So I was talking about the songs, any problem? :(

selvakumar
20th April 2006, 09:28 AM
This thread seems to be a TELUGU thread to me under wrong section (looking at the news)

GOD SAVE TAMIL INDUSTRY FROM THE KILLINGS OF TELUGU FILM WORLD :cry:

MODS SAVE TAMIL FILMS SECTION FROM THE KILLINGS OF TELUGU AUDIENCE :cry:

m_23_bayarea
20th April 2006, 05:41 PM
[tscii:e9cc103ce6]One more time!

By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 20 April , 2006, 16:28

Lawrence and Prabhu Deva made their mark as choreographers in Tamil who graduated into doing lead roles but failed! However both have become top directors in Tollywood and are in great demand.

In spite of this success, their heart beats for Tamil cinema and are craving for recognition from the Kollywood audience. Lawrence’s first film Nagarjuna’s Mass in Telugu was a huge hit but when it was dubbed into Tamil it bombed.

Now Lawrence is once again trying his luck with the dubbed version of his highly successful Sankranti release Style which will be Lakshyam in Tamil. It is all about dancing and the story is about a guy who against all odds makes it big as a dancer. Prabhu Deva plays a cameo role in the film.

The Tamil version Lakshyam is also produced by the original producer Larsco and has foot tapping numbers with music by Mani Sharma. The highlight of the film is the special appearance of Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi and Nagarjuna.

Hmm ... I think Tamil movies being dubbed into Telugu and becoming big hits is very common ... But I havent heard it the other way round ... Why dont these guys expose their directorial skills into Tamil movies straight ?? :? :?

[/tscii:e9cc103ce6]

m_23_bayarea
20th April 2006, 06:33 PM
[tscii:58857a3d83]Tamil to Telugu: One more movie

tamil.galatta.com

Tamil films that have truly rocked box-offices have regularly been dubbed in Teluguand released in A.P. There is a long list of films that have been dubbed. Pattiyal is now an addition to this list. Pattiyal is a real success on screens, featuring Bharath, Arya, Pooja and Padmapriya. This film is dubbed and renamed Gayam in Telugu. Earlier Bharath’s Kadhal was also dubbed and renamed as Premiste. Much is expected of Gayam in the Telugu film world as Kadhal was a real success too. This film is dubbed under the Blue Sky Entertainments by P. Kishore Babu. Let’s wait and watch if Gayam excels the record set by Premiste.

Sounds like one more potential Tamil movie becoming a hit in Telugu !!! :D :D :D [/tscii:58857a3d83]

andhrudu
20th April 2006, 08:22 PM
Pournami released today and it got unanimous flop talk from everywhere. its carrying 2-3weeks talks as lot of biggies are in race

Kollywoodfan
21st April 2006, 04:10 AM
really, I thought it would be good, until I saw the trailer...what's with Sindhu and Charmi?? :shock: :shock:

Pokiri seems promising and the music is fantastic as well :wink:

The tamil version of NVNV, Something Something, seems to be coming along nicely judging by the cute stills :D

Raikkonen
21st April 2006, 09:02 AM
Trisha, Charmee, and Sindhu i shink..
Prabhas padam flop avathe, epdi...

kidils
21st April 2006, 09:13 AM
ayyo... trishavukku telugu floppaaa..... :cry:

Raikkonen
21st April 2006, 06:10 PM
Pournami puttukicha?

MS Rajoo (producer) sir solliruparu pola Chandramukhi matiri oru padam edungannu, athu mathiri enna athaye edukurannu nenachi edutturatu Prabhudeva

andhrudu
21st April 2006, 08:03 PM
[tscii:186e751e1c]Here is the review

Story

Once upon a time, may be three centuries ago, there was a village that was severely hit by a famine. A danseuse from a traditional family comes forward to dance in Lord Shiva temple for rains. Since then it has become a tradition that a girl from that particular family should dance in Shiva Temple on Pournami day for every 12 years. During 1960’s it is the turn of Pournami (Trisha) to perform the sacred ritual and she goes missing a few months before the D-day.

Siva Kesava (Prabhas) arrives in that village and attracts Chandra Kala (Charmme) – sister of Pournami. The local Zamindar (Rahul Dev) lusts for Chandra Kala. Siva Kesava convinces Chandra Kala and her father that she could perform the ritual on Pournami. But, Siva Kesava’s past catches up with him. The rest of the story is all about how the dance performance ritual at the temple takes place.

Artists Performance

Prabhas: Prabhas is cool in his vintage attire in the beginning of the film. His dressing style and hair-do reminds us of 1960’s. Prabhas did well as the protagonist. There are lots of intense and emotional moments in the film for which he has done justice. It is nice to see Prabhas balancing his career with Chatrapati kind of mass roles and Pournami kind of soft roles.

Others: Trisha did the title role of the film. The fans of Trisha are in for a bit of disappointment as Trisha appears only in the second half. She did well. Charmme got major pie in the film and she justifies her role. Sindhu Tolani did a small role. Madhu Sharma did the role of a young wife who tries to woo the hero. Archana impresses with her dance as the first girl who performed the ritual at the temple.

Other actors: Kota Srinivasa Rao did the role of one-eyed factionist and his get-up and mannerisms are pretty good. Mukesh Rushi acted as one-handed father of hero. Rahul Dev is impressive as the baddie who loves music. Chandra Mohan is appropriate in the role of heroines’ father. Narsing Yadav’s characterization of servant is different. Tanikella Bharani and Geeta are adequate.

Technical Departments:

Story - screenplay - Direction: The basic storyline of the film is about the tradition of a girl dancing in front of God for every 12 years. MS Raju gave a nice twist to it by selecting the popular format of encapsulating the important episode in the form of flashback. The flashback episode is heavily inspired by the Portuguese film Abril Despedaçado (‘Behind the Sun’ in English). You can see flashes of brilliance in Prabhu Deva’s direction in certain scenes. Screenplay of the film should have been more compact. Narration is little slow. There are lots of heavy emotional scenes in the second half.

Music: Music by Devi Sri Prasad is good. The songs that come in second half in the combination of Trisha are excellent. There is ample touch of Prabhu Deva in choreography. Cinematography is average. Dialogues by Paruchuri brothers are adequate. Stunts by Peter Hein are OK. Lyrics by Sirivennela deserve a special appreciation. ‘Evaro Ravali’ and ‘Muvvala Navvakala’ songs have very simple and at the same time pretty effective lyrics.

Analysis: First half of the film is bit slower. The second half is bit heavier. The entire film is based on dance and the flashback story belongs to a revenge genre. Producer MS Raju should be appreciated to make a film that has classical dance and traditions as backdrop. Climax should have been better. The thread of main villain Rahul Dev is left incomplete. On a whole, Pournami is not for the crowds who watch morning shows on the day one and the masses. Commercial success of the film will depend on how family crowds embrace it.

[/tscii:186e751e1c]

Raikkonen
21st April 2006, 08:07 PM
Andhrudu Welcome to hub...
Keep updating this section because there are lot of people love Tollywood..
Im also a big fan of Telugu Movies..

andhrudu
21st April 2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks Raikkonen

sure i will keep posting latest tollywood updates here

Raikkonen
21st April 2006, 08:39 PM
:notworthy:

Andhrudu is Gopichand's movie rite with Kamna?

andhrudu
21st April 2006, 08:42 PM
yeah! its a Gopichand film and its a decent hit

we need to watch him .he gave 3 hits in a row Yagnam,Andhrudu and Ranam

andhrudu
21st April 2006, 08:45 PM
Big Films Irk Theatre Owners and Producers

It is becoming a Himalayan task to find theaters for new films as the new releases are gushing till the second week of May. Majority of the films releasing from last week of April to May 2nd week are the ones which are hitting screens with more than 100 prints.

The main theater owners are facing troubles as all the big hero movies are hitting the screens at a time. A few films are releasing with about 300 prints which is beyond the critical point.

On the other hand producers are feeling worried as they are missing their sentiment theatres.

'Pournami' was released amidst all this turmoil on 20th April, while 'Yemandoi Sreevaru' of Sreekanth and Sneha is releasing on 21st. Mahesh Babu's 'Pokiri' on 28th, Balakrishna's 'Veerabhadra' on 29th, Pawan Kalyan's 'Bangaram' on May 3rd, Teja's 'Oka Vichitram' on May 4th, EVV's 'Kithakithalu' on May 5th and 'Godavari' on May 11th are the releases in line.

The dates of release of a few films among these are subject to change. Hence theater drought is prevalent among film makers now.

Raikkonen
21st April 2006, 08:45 PM
Ya the guy was awesome in Nijam...

andhrudu
22nd April 2006, 09:27 AM
Tollywood Boxoffice report

Sri Ramadasu
Number of Weeks: 2
Run: Released on 30th March on the eve of Ugadi, Sri Ramadasu took the box office by a sweep. The film crossed the expectations and is running housefull in all centers. Sri Ramadasu is a devotional treat to the audience and is also a blockbuster at the box office. In Guntur, the film collected 26,75,617. 23,90.00 is recorded from Nellore. Krishna saw first week share of 19 Lakhs while East Godavari collected 25 Lakhs share. Uttarandhara registered 38+ lakhs share.

Ram
Number of Weeks: 2
Run: Ram released along with Sri Ramadasu. N.Shankar directed Nitin for this film. Raam is presently running with divided talk and is making moderate collections. Music by Yuvan Shankar Raja proved an asset.

Ranam
Number of Weeks: 9
Run: Ranam completed 60 days. This is another hit for Gopichand who is registering hit after hit at the box office. Choreographer Rajasekhar turned director with this film.

Devadasu
Number of Weeks: 10
Run: Devadasu is running towards 100 days. Exciting thing about this film is the raise in the collections after the 50 day mark. The film is competing with new releases. In fact, it is making money better than some of the latest.

Laxmi
Run: Laxmi is running steadily towards 100 days. VV Vinayak directed Venkatesh for this film. This is one of the biggest hits for Venkatesh.

Style
Run: Style is also running towards the 100 day mark. Though Style started out with great openings, the collections have dipped in the last few weeks.

andhrudu
23rd April 2006, 07:12 PM
[tscii]Arrangements are going on at brisk pace for Mega felicitation event on the evening of 23rd April. Anand Sai designed a cream color set for the function.

Highlights of the function tonight are going to be –

1. Amitab Bachchan and Sri Devi coming down from Mumbai as guests.
2. Actress Sobhana’s classical dance performance during the opening and the ending of the functions.
3. Dance programs by Chiranjeevi’s heroines – Shriya, Reema Sen, Sakshi Sivanand, Sangeeta and other actresses.
4. Allu Arjun’s special dance.
5. Choreography by Sundaram, Raju Sundaram and Lawrence.

Zee Telugu channel is doing exclusive live for the event. At 5:30 pm, there is going to be curtain raiser of the program. From 6 onwards, the deferred live of the program starts and will be continuously aired till the end of the event

here is the Guestslit for the function

http://www.princemahesh.com/pokiri/mahi_goh.jpg

Hulkster
23rd April 2006, 07:36 PM
Well the felicitation on chiranjeevi seems to be like they are felicitating mahatma ghandi...although he is a greata ctor and rgeat human being i wonder if a felicitation of such a scale is really necessary...sometimes it can make a person feel too "big" for his shoes...hope such functions become a rarity in the future.....anyway congrats to chiranjeevi sir for his success and contribution to cinema as a whole.

Shakthiprabha.
23rd April 2006, 08:40 PM
I can see many Telugu movie fans than those of Bollywood and Hollywood.

:shock:

Perhaps, telugu is much closer and similar to Tamil Industry..

:| :roll:

Raikkonen
23rd April 2006, 09:06 PM
Ethukku ippa Aparachitudu reactions..

I wanted to say that Telugu movie world is lot similar to Tamil one compared to Bollywood or other language movies..

m_23_bayarea
24th April 2006, 09:09 PM
[tscii:165aed3c28]Chiru’s felicitation: All present, Rajini absent!!
Behindwoods.com

For fans of the Telugu mega-star Chiranjeevi, it was a mega-event on April 23rd, at the Gachibowli Indoor Stadium in Hyderabad. For Chiranjeevi, it was a long way up from the streets of his home village, Mogultoor in Andhra Pradesh. The Telugu film industry had organized a function to felicitate Chiranjeevi on his receiving the Padma Bhushan Award.

Big wigs from three film industries, Hindi, Telugu and Tamil, were there. The occasion was graced by none other than the Big B from Bombay. Unfortunately, Tamil Superstar Rajinikanth could not attend the function as he was away from India, shooting for his Sivaji.

Speaking on the occasion Amitab Bachhan said: “Twice I missed opportunities in attending a function connected with Chiranjeevi. First it was a hundred day celebration of a hit. Then, it was the occasion of his daughter’s marriage. I was ill then. But then, this time I have made it. It is difficult to sustain your success unless you are hard working and humble. Chiranjeevi is both humble and hard working. People think that Bollywood is the biggest movie industry in India. No, it is not. The Telugu industry is the biggest movie industry in India and Chiranjeevi is the reigning King here. He is therefore, the King of Indian cinema!” There was a noisy jubilation in the hall as the Big B said this.

Shobana, danseuse and actress, who had worked with Chiranjeevi in many films said: “He is very humble and hard working. He cares a lot for his fellow artistes.”

Said Vikram, himself a hit hero in both Tamil and Telugu: “I’ve come to see two superstars on the same stage. Chiranjeevi is a kind of demigod here. He is also a kind of brother, friend and a source of inspiration to me.”

Ex-heroine Suhasini, who had herself paired with Chiranjeevi in many big hits said: “I have been in his films both as a technician and a heroine. He is made of great stuff.” She also sang the song Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju. (This day will not come again and again.)

Radhika too had eulogies for the mega star, her style: “Chiranjeevi is not an ordinary man. I first met him when I was working with Sudhakar. Chiranjeevi was so shy then. His hard work and perseverance have brought him to what he is today. He followed the ABCD rule. A for ambition, B for boldness, C for creativity and D for Dedication. I wish him all the success and also that he get the Bharata Ratna and the Dada Saheb Phalke Award.” She concluded her speech by shouting Jai Chiranjeevi to which the audience responded with full spirit and gusto.

Radha, Chiranjeevi’s one time heroine said that she loved pairing with Chiranjeevi and that it was amazing working with such a talented artiste as Chiranjeevi.

Towards the end of the day’s events, a group of physically challenged children, trained by dance master Lawrence, gave a scintillating dance recital. There was a standing ovation to the event. Chiranjeevi walked to the dais and gave bouquets of flowers to the performers.

For the fans of Chiranjeevi and Telugu movie buffs, it was indeed an eventful day.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/events/Photos/chiranjeevi-1/index.html

* Wow, what jubilation that should have been for Chiranjeevi and his fans ... :D

* AB's statement abt Telugu movie industry should definitely make my friend NTR ecstatic .... :D :D

* Too sad Rajini wasnt there to complete the circle ... :cry:
[/tscii:165aed3c28]

andhrudu
24th April 2006, 09:17 PM
Chiranjeevi Felicitation

Megastar Chiranjeevi is felicitated by the Telugu industry on 23rd April at Gachibowli stadium. The event started off with a song by singer Sunita. Suhasini lit the lamp kicking off the event. Sai Kumar and Paruchuri Venkateswara Rao anchored the event.

Heroines who acted with Chiranjeevi attended the event. Reshma Roy (first heroine of Chiranjeevi), Radhika, Radha, Suhasini, Jayasudha, Jayaprada, Sridevi, Anjala Javeri, Sobhana, Sakshi Sivanand, and Rambha are among the attendees. Other attendees included Pawan kalyan, Srikanth, Sivabalaji, Asin, Sandhya, Mahesh Babu, Raja, Vikram, Ali, Mohan Babu, Vishnu and many other celebrities. Also, directors and producers who worked with Chiranjeevi participated in the event.

Sobhana, who also received Padmasri, performed a classical dance. Sridevi expressed her happiness being a part of this event. She wished that Chiranjeevi will reach further heights.

Suhasini said, "Chiranjeevi always refers to me as chatter box. Probably he is now afraid that I might talk in length. To keep this short, I will just sing". She hummed Malli Malli idhi rani roju song and took every one by surprise.

Jayaprada said that it is the hard work that got Chiranjeevi to this height. "Now he is in the heart of millions of fans", added Jayaprada.

Jayasudha remembered her first impression on Chiranjeevi. "I thought he was head strong. We just met in a set and my first impression was that he is arrogant. But after further acquaintance, my impression changed. Chiranjeevi trusts in hard work and that is what got him here. That is one side of him. The other side of him is the responsibility towards the society. That shows in his social work. I am sure he will win Bharataratna also", said Jayasudha.

Yedida Nageswara Rao, who produced films like Apatbandavudu with Chiru, said, "Chiranjeevi winning Padmabushan gives me feeling that the entire industry is honored. He won awards for all the films that I produced with him. Swayamkrushi and Apatbandavudu are translated into Russian. The movies did very well there also".

"Chiranjeevi follows ABCDs of movie and hence he is successful.", said Radhika. She further eloborated that ABCD stands for Ambition, Bold, Creativity and Dedication. She went on to predict that Chiranjeevi will achieve Bharataratna, Dada Sahed Phalke and other prestigious awards. She concluded the speech with Jai Chiranjeeva slogan.

Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bhachchan came in while Radhika's speech was going on. Felicitation of Chiranjeevi started immediately afte rhis arrival. Chiranjeevi is handed over the momento. Following that Amitabh spoke. He said, "I am surprised at the turn out that came to felicitate a person. These moments are really magical. There is lot of hard work involved with how a normal person turned into such a great actor. Also, he is a man of great humanity. In fact, I dont have much acquaintance with him. I was invited by him for a 100 days function and also recently for his daughter's marriage. Due to prior commitments,I could not make it to either of them. I am very happy that now I could make it. Success does not come easy. It is one task to achieve success and it is a different one to keep it up. In fact, keeping it up is the toughest task. Chiranjeevi is a person who dealt with it in a great fashion. Also, his contribution to the society through the eye bank and blood bank is great. "

Amitabh further added, "People think that Bollywood is the biggest film industry in India. But the truth is Telugu film industry is the biggest. Commercially also, Telugu industry is very strong. Being the king of Telugu industry, Chiranjeevi can be called the King of Indian Cinema."

Responding to the words of Amitabh, Chiru said Amitabh is a legendary actor and also narrated a short poem written by Harivanshrai Bachchan. "Amitabh is a legendary actor. When I was an aspiring actor, Amitabh is our idol". Chiranjeevi then touched the feet of Amitabh. The entire audience gave a standing ovation to the two megastars.

Mohan Babu honored Chiranjeevi on behalf of MAA. Following that Mohan Babu said, "I and Chiru acted in few films together. In between there came a few misunderstandings. I invited Chiru to few of my functions. But he never called me for any of his. Probably he feels like calling me and Allu Aravind might be stopping him. (laughing)". He further added that those who spoiled the relation between us are not happy either. "Today I feel like the entire Telugu community is honored", he concluded.

Pawan Kalyan followed up. He referred to Chiranjeevi as Sakthi. "Usually a person is judged by his education or credentials. You all know I flunked inter 3 times. I am now where I am because of a gudiance, a Sakthi.. that is none other than Chiranjeevi. When I came into the industry, Annayya told me that I should use 3 point rule - Honesty, Hard Work and Dedication. He reminded me that I should be myself and not brother of Chiranjeevi. It is the energy that he imparted up on me that I am here now. "

Pawan further added, "Thammudu Mohan Babu spoke moments ago. They could be true or otherwise. I know about Annayya very well. I am blessed to see him from close cornor. I can vouch that all he knows is to love. He never hurts any one. He always feels to do some thing to every one. Blood bank and eye bank evolved from the same thoughts. Until today I never dared to see him eye to eye. But today I got this magic energy. I am telling him today that I will be with him always no matter what. I am not just saying this on my behalf but from all of us". His words got astounding response from the entire auditorium.

Vikram said that he is at the event not as a guest but as a fan. "Chiranjeevi is great. He is a humble human being. No award can evaluate him.", added Vikram.

Radha said, "Our pair clicked very good and in fact we were better known for dances. I am very happy to be a part of this event. "

Dasari Narayana Rao commented that Chiranjeevi is a bridge to the past to the present. "He has millions of fans who are ready to do any thing at his hint. He is a role model. "

Responding to all the compliments, Chiranjeevi finally said, "At times silence is better and now I feel that. I am overwhelmed. I dont have words. I learnt from Allu Ramalingayya garu not to think about the past. I look for today. I think about tomorrow. But never about past. Now, at this function, looking at all of you, I am getting reminded of the old days. It will be a wrong thing not to remember the past at this time (laughs). "

When Chiranjeevi was remembering his times at Pune film institute, Dasari took the mike and said that he is one of the members on the selection committee. "He was feeling a bit embarrased. Realizing that we asked him to do whatever he knew, and the rest is history", said Dasari.

Chiru continued and thanked one and all who attended the event.

The event also consisted of Allu Arjun's dance, a dance program by the handicapped students of Lawrence, Sakshi Sivanand and Sangeeta's dance programs, Devisri's remix of Yureka Sakamika.

ssanjinika
24th April 2006, 09:25 PM
Guys if someone could post reviews of the Telugu movies,We would know which movies to watch and which ones not to watch.It would def help.

Thirumaran
24th April 2006, 09:27 PM
Guys if someone could post reviews of the Telugu movies,We would know which movies to watch and which ones not to watch.It would def help.

Hmmm. Neenga mattum review va paarthuttu nalla padamaa select panni paarpeenga. Mathavanga ellaa padathayum paarthuttu kastapadanumaa :huh: :roll:

ssanjinika
24th April 2006, 09:32 PM
TM,
Adhukku thane inga review post panna sollaren..PM panna sollalayE :roll: :P

andhrudu
24th April 2006, 11:33 PM

Sure I will provide the reviews for the latest films. check out pournami review from my previous posts in the same thread.

wait for Nag's Sriramadasu review in my next post.

ajithfederer
24th April 2006, 11:43 PM
Out of the releases in telugu this year ......

only happy was ok.....remake of azhagiya theeyae.....

sri ramadasu......no idea.....

all my friends are saying pournami is waste.....

asadhyadu....blockbuster flop......

everyone is hugely expecting (EVEN VIJAY :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :wink: ) pawan kalyan's bangaram...... and

Mahesh's Pokiri has good expectaions..... :D

ssanjinika
24th April 2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks andradu..will check out the review for pournami

ssanjinika
24th April 2006, 11:55 PM
Pournami's story looks very interesting.Will check the movie out when I get the time.

andhrudu
25th April 2006, 12:25 AM
Out of the releases in telugu this year ......

only happy was ok.....remake of azhagiya theeyae.....

sri ramadasu......no idea.....

all my friends are saying pournami is waste.....

asadhyadu....blockbuster flop......

everyone is hugely expecting (EVEN VIJAY :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :wink: ) pawan kalyan's bangaram...... and

Mahesh's Pokiri has good expectaions..... :D

U got wrong information dude

This years starts brilliantly for tollywood.

Out of 4 pongal release 3 movies Lakshmi(venky),Devadasu and style ran verywell and finished 100days recently. Lakshmi became the biggest hit of venky's career.

Happy was below average

Ranam(gopichand) was decent hit and Nag's SriRamasasu stood out as Biggesthit and creating ripples at boxoffice.this movie surely end as one of the biggest hits,finest movies ever made in telugu.

from next week 3 biggies are coming Pokiri,Verabhadra and Bangaram with lot of expectations.need to wait and see who is going to win this time.

andhrudu
25th April 2006, 12:28 AM
[tscii:e26082ba65]SriRamadasu Review:

rating: 3.75/5
Punchline:Srirama Naamamrutham
Genre: Devotional
Type: Straight
Banner: Aditya Productions
Cast: Nagarjuna, ANR, Sneha, Suman, Sujatha, Sameer, Nasseer, Nagababu, Sarath Babu, Brahmanandam, Jayaprakash Reddy, Sunil, Dharmavarapu, Hema, Veda & Master Teja
Music: MM Keeravani
Script - dialogues: JK Bharavi
Cinematography: S Gopal Reddy
Editing: Sreekar Prasad
Art: Bhaskara Raju
Screenplay - direction: K Raghavendra Rao
Producer: Konda Krishnam Raju
Release Date: 30th March, 2006

Review

Story

Gopanna (Nagarjuna) is a happy-go-lucky guy and marries his childhood love Kamala (Sneha). He secures the job of Tahasildar for Husnabad on the recommendation of his maternal uncles Akkanna and Madanna. He gets inspired by the devotion shown by Dammakka towards Lord Rama and the way she protects the idols of Rama, Seeta and Lakshmana. He becomes a great devotee of Lord Rama over night. He vows that he would stay in open place just like statue of Lord Rama till a temple is constructed. He collects 6 lakhs of coins through donations and constructs Rama temple in Bhadrachalam with the guidance of his guru Kabir Das (ANR). A few ill-minded people misinform emperor Taanisha (Nasseer) that Gopanna misused emperor’s money to construct temple. Meanwhile, Kabir Das confers Gopanna the title of Sri Ramadasu on the insistence of Lord Rama. The rest of the story is all about how Tanisha realizes his mistake and sets Sri Ramadasu free.

Artists Performance

Nagarjuna:Nagarjuna is perhaps the most luckiest hero among his contemporaries for getting such roles like Annamayya and Sri Ramadasu. He did extremely well in the title role. His histrionics in the last reel where ‘Dasaradhi’ song comes are extraordinary. Nobody knows how Sri Ramadasu looks like and whenever we think about Sri Ramadasu in the future, the image of Nagarjuna becomes the visual aid.

Others: ANR acted in the vital role of Kabir Das. He brought believability to this character that is considered as guru to Ramadasu. Sneha is fabulous as devoted wife of Ramadasu. Sujatha donned one of the most important roles in this film as Dammakka. She injects devotion into the soul of Gopanna with her deeds. Suman is good as Lord Rama. Nasseer is appropriate in the role of Tanisha. Veda is fair as Seeta. Nagababu is pretty good in the role of Ravana. Among the comedians Sunil and Brahmanandam are impressive.

Technical Departments:

Screenplay - Direction: K Raghavendra Rao has the uncanny ability of striking back whenever everybody writes him off. K Raghavendra Rao proved again why he is called a legendry commercial director with this film. He narrated the entire film in a simple way by giving more importance to the emotions than the grandeur. He made sure that the emotions graph goes up as the film progresses by capturing the attention of audiences. He used pretty good commercial elements in the last half an hour of the film. The thread of parrot is nicely woven into the story.

Music: Songs and rerecording by MM Keeravani is the biggest asset of Sri Ramadasu. We have 19 songs in this film and all songs are neatly blended into the storyline. Backgrund music is terrific. Keeravani’s background music for Sri Ramadasu is another fine example for how good music increases the emotional depth of the film. The last three songs (Yento Ruchira, Ishvakulaku and Dasarathi) take the film into different level.

Other departments: Cinematography by S Gopal Reddy is very good. Script by JK Bharavi is a plus point. The dialogues are very meaningful and appropriate. Especially the one - ‘Sreeramudiki nuvvu gudi kattinchavu. Ninnu Sreeramudu gundello vunchukunnadu’. The powerful dialogues written for Nagarjuna in Tanisha court in second half got great response. Editing by Srikar Prasad is fine. Artwork by Bhaskara Raju is good. Producer Konda Krisham Raju should be appreciated for coming forward to make such a different film.

Analysis: The first half of the film is decent. The emotional graph starts growing up from ‘Antha Ramamayam’ song and goes to the peak by the film reaches climax. Second half of the film is very good. The plus points of this film are Nagarjuna’s histrionics, Keeravani’s music, K Raghavendra Rao’s direction of JK Bharavi’s script. Sri Ramadasu film comes as fresh breeze when we are bombarded with routine and formula flicks. I recommend this devotional flick to everybody.

[/tscii:e26082ba65]

ajithfederer
25th April 2006, 07:10 AM
i heard that story wise style and devadasu are pakka craps....

i heard that devadasu was a big flop......

also now prabhas trisha starrer pournami is a flop too...

:roll:

andhrudu
25th April 2006, 08:02 PM
i heard that story wise style and devadasu are pakka craps....

i heard that devadasu was a big flop......

also now prabhas trisha starrer pournami is a flop too...

:roll:

storywise both movies are nothing but crap.

But style is a well narrated film with superb dances. If you like dances you lke this film. it finished 100 days in 40 direct centers in AP.

when Devadasu released it got disaster talk and collections also according to the talk.but after 4 weeks it picked up very well and still running with good collections. YVS Chowdary songs picturization and new heroine Iliana ( who is hot in telugu now) are the major plus points for this film.

in many centers this film is running towards 175 days. this film's run is sensation in some centers as it is lifted for 3 weeks and again release after 50 days and now its running with packed houses in those centers.

U r right on Pournami.it got flop talk from show1 itself

andhrudu
26th April 2006, 01:56 AM
[tscii:5d16b3ec68]Gopichand in YVS's Saleem?

Gopichand seems to be in demand after consistently delivering hits – Yagnam, Andhrudu and Ranam. According to the buzz, he might be signed up for YVS Chowdary's next film titled 'Saleem'. To make it clear that it's a mass action film, the caption 'dhummu reputadu' has been affixed to the title. YVS would make a confirmed decision on the 1 st of May at the Devadasu 100 days function.

S. Gopal Reddy's film with Gopichand

Another high profile filmmaker has intentions of making a film with Gopichand. S. Gopal Reddy of Bhargav Arts was one of the top producers in the 90s for delivering blockbusters, mostly with Balakrishna in the lead. The producer took a break from filmmaking towards the end of 90s. He even openly spoke to the press a year back about his tiff with Balakrishna and how it was sorted out later. He said that he intended to make a film with Balakrishna, Gopichand and Prabhas. While he is yet to find a subject for the other two heroes, he seemed to have found a subject for Gopichand which the actor seemed to have okayed. Details of this project will be divulged later.
[/tscii:5d16b3ec68]

Raikkonen
26th April 2006, 07:16 AM
Who is the heroine in Jogi remake of Parbhas?
110 kg Angel ah?

andhrudu
26th April 2006, 07:07 PM
Nagarjuna to Become the MD of MAA TV Channel

The importance of media and especially that of electronic TV channels is growing rampant these days. Hence politicians, film personalities and other bigwigs are getting into media somehow or the other. News has come out that YS Jaganmohan Reddy is starting the Television channel 'Priyadarshini' shortly. BA Raju and Jaya have been running their film magazine 'Superhit' from quite long time.

Besides, the hot news is that Nagarjuna is taking a lion's share in MAA Television and he would be the MD of the same shortly. This information from unofficial sources is yet to come out officially. Nagarjuna is going to take 40 percent of shares in the channel while Devender Goud's son is taking about 20 percent.

Although the present MD continues to be the Chairman, Nag takes the onus as MD as per the sources. Well, one can expect more creative programs in the channel if this grapevine turns true.

Ramakrishna
26th April 2006, 09:06 PM
Pawan Kalyan's "Bangaram" on 3rd May

Powerstar Pawan Kalyan starrer "Bangaram" is scheduled to be released on 3rd of next month with 265 prints. Meera Chopra and Reema Sen are the female leads. A.M. Ratnam produced the movie on his banner 'Sri Surya Movies' directed by Dharani.

Briefing the press on the occasion A. M. Ratnam said, "This is golden picture with golden hero with a story of a golden boy. Pawan who knows martial art took special training especially for the film and did fights with a different approach. Dharani directed two hit films 'Dhool' and 'Gilli' on my banner and did hard work for the film. Vidyasagar's Music is excellent and the audio got good response".

Other cast include Raja, Mukesh Rishi, Ashutosh Rana, Venu Madhav, Ali, Bharani, Dharamavarapu, Shakeela, Malladi Raghava. Dialogues penned by Akula Siva.

Atlast the movie is getting released

:clap:

Raikkonen
26th April 2006, 09:08 PM
Bangaram very soft movie..

Namma Bay Matiri oru news reporter love kaga enna panrarnu than story...

m_23_bayarea
28th April 2006, 02:33 AM
Bangaram very soft movie..

Namma Bay Matiri oru news reporter love kaga enna panrarnu than story...

Does the hero sacrifice his life for love in the movie ?? :)

andhrudu
28th April 2006, 08:24 PM
Mahesh's pokiri released today and got mixed response. Hope it will become above average to hit film.

review in next post..

andhrudu
29th April 2006, 12:40 AM
[tscii:f5705caa98]Pokiri Review:

Story

Pandu (Mahesh Babu) is a ruthless mafia man who kills anybody for money. He falls in love with Sruthi (Ileana) at the very first sight. Sruthi too loves Pandu, but hesitates to confess her love to him as he is a reckless criminal. Though a goon, Pandu has certain rigid principles that leads for an enmity with Ali (Prakash Raj) - the biggest mafia don in the town. The rest of the story is all about how he settles score with Ali.

Artists Performance

Mahesh: In my opinion, this was the best ever performance by Mahesh Babu. His acting skills not only render commercial entertainment to the general crowds, but also delight the serious filmgoers. Puri Jagan should be commended for doing great characterization for Mahesh. Mahesh Babu’s one-liners uttered in Uttarandhra dialect are real fun. Mahesh Babu who is undoubtedly the best good looking hero of this generation is extremely fascinating with his new hairdo.

Others: Ileana goes a step ahead from Devadasu in histrionics department. She is also another attraction for this movie. Sayaji Shinde steals the show in certain intense moments as a sincere cop. Prakash Raj is entertaining. Nasseer is extremely good in an episode that takes place 20 minutes before the climax. The comedy track of Brahmanandam and Ali is not impressive. This track should have been trimmed towards the end. Jyothirana is good as rowdy seductress. Item song girl Mumaith Khan put on a bit of weight.

Technical Departments:

Story - screenplay - dialogues - Direction: Story of the film is simple. The basic storyline of a guy trying knock off mafia by being a part of it seems to have certain roots in Akira Kurosawa’s ‘Yojimbo’. The twist in the plot has roots in 'Donnie Brasco'. Basically, Pokiri is a screenplay based film with a wafer-thin storyline. Screenplay is commendable. Puri Jagan’s asset has always been his characterization. He gave perfect characterization to Mahesh Babu’s character. Direction is neat, but for a few glitches in the second half. Dialogues written by Puri are very good. He also attacked TV channels and newspapers through Sayaji Shinde in an excellent manner. However, the director should have handled the following aspects in a better way

1. Prakash Raj who is introduced as a powerful mafia don is projected in comical style in the second half.
2. Sayaji Shinde’s character that is established very firmly in the beginning becomes weak towards climax.
3. There is no clarity regarding conflict aspect as the real intention of hero is not revealed for 80% of the film.

Other departments: Music by Mani Sharma is an asset. His background music is also good. ‘Gala Gala’ song is the highlight. When I listened to that song, I often wondered why lyricist used ‘Kanneeru’ in the lyrics. But the lead scene of that song aptly suited it. Raju Sundaram’s signature is prevalent in most of the songs. Cinematography Shyam K Naidu is good. Fights by Vijayan are satisfactory. Gunfire is used in most of the fights. Editing by Marthand K Venkatesh is neat with fast-paced cuts. Production values by Vaishno Academy are good.

Analysis: First half of the film is very entertaining. The tempo has gone down a bit in the second half, but the run up to the climax is good. The plus points of this film are Mahesh Babu’s extraordinary performance and Puri Jagan’s characterization of hero. On the flip side, second half should have handled better. The emotions aspect is not properly taken care of. On the commercial front, Pokiri film has more appeal towards A centers and youth base compared to family crowds and B/C centers. On a whole, Mahesh Babu’s performance in Pokiri itself is worth your ticket and the rest is bonus!

[/tscii:f5705caa98]

andhrudu
29th April 2006, 12:41 AM
Trade Report this week:

Even at the fourth week, Sri Ramadasu stands in the first position. After the film's release many other movies have come out but none were able to even reach it's position.

Last week's big budget film Pournami was not able to withstand the competition of Sri Ramadasu. Despite getting a good opening Pournami's collection could not exceed Ramadasu's regular collection.

ajithfederer
30th April 2006, 12:10 AM
I would be happy if Pawan's Bangaram runs well and smash the critics of pawan kalyan........and establish himself once again as the Thammudu of ChIRANJEEVI......... i want him to rule once again the telugu box office

:thumbsup:

And i would be even more happy if the remake result is the same as happened to athanokkade remake....... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :poke: :rotfl:

Jus Kidding

Ramakrishna
30th April 2006, 12:15 AM
Bangaaram sure hit.
No, super hit
No, Super duper hit
No, megahit

Kollywoodfan
30th April 2006, 01:54 AM
Bangaram or Pokiri, both seem gd..which one would u say is better?

andhrudu
1st May 2006, 09:48 PM
bangaram is releasing on 3rd may.

pokiri range depends on bangaram success right now it is abv average to hit range

andhrudu
1st May 2006, 09:49 PM
Interesting news about SriRamadasu

Is it Lord Sri Rama, who blessed Sri Ramadasu movie by sending Rama Chiluka (parrot) ?

This is the Talk of the Town in Vizag. Rama Chiluka , from unknown destination came and rested on the idols of Sri Rama erected in the Urvasi theater, Kancherapalem, Vizag, where Sri Ramadasu is showing now.

From the past two days, it is at the God''s abode.

Director K. Raghavendra Rao payed the visit to the theater and offered prayers

for complete article
http://www.nagfans.com/release.asp?submod=News&module=News%20Room&id=608

Raikkonen
2nd May 2006, 09:58 AM
Pokiri :shock:
Disaster

He just remade his own athadu..
Mahesh will get trounced for his sheer arrogance..

Illeana.... en idhaya veenaye...
SUPER

Raikkonen
2nd May 2006, 10:47 AM
[tscii:f7c486bcf3]Credits

Jeevi rating: 3/5
Punchline: All for the sister
Genre: Action/Family Drama
Type: Straight
Banner: Ambika Cinema Productions
Cast: Bala Krishna Nandamuri, Tanu Sri Dutta, Sada, Sayaji Shinde, Prakash Raj, Rajan P Dev, Rama Prabha, Brahmanandam, Venu Madhav, Kondavalasa, Ganesh, Ajay, Kovai Sarala, Rallapally, Riaz Khan etc
Music: Mani Sharma
Cinematography: Ram Prasad
Editing: Gowtam Raju
Fights: Peter Hein
Story: Anjaneya Pushpanand
Screenplay: Anjaneya Pushpanand & AS Ravi Kumar Chowdary
Presents: Ambika Ramachandra Rao
Direction: AS Ravi Kumar Chowdary
Producer: Ambika Krishna & Ambika Ramanjaneyulu
Release Date: 29th April, 2006

Review

Story

Murali (Bala Krishna) is a caring brother of a physically handicapped sister who studies in Hyderabad. Peddiraju (Sayaji Shinde) – nemesis of Murali – is biding his time in jail as his men search for Murali to assassinate him. The main story of the film is all about why there is enmity between Murali and Peddiraju and how they settle the scores.

Artists Performance

Bala Krishna: Bala Krishna changed his body language and tried to do casual acting compared to his earlier films. You can see his trademark ferocity and dialogue delivery only in scenes where it is absolutely necessary. His comedy as innocent man in romantic thread with Tanu Sri Dutta is good. His performance as a man longing for love from family members is excellent. Bala Krishna changed his dancing style too. He tried certain variety steps in casual style for ‘Jujibi’ song which got tremendous response in theaters.

Heroines: Sada did the role of mass masala girl who troubles the hero at every opportunity she gets. Her character in this film is in contrast with her type of homely girl roles. Tanu Sri Dutta is neat as the main heroine. She is a treat to watch in songs with scant cloths. Both heroines got two duets each with Bala Krishna.

Others: Sayaji Shinde is good as the main villain. Prakash Raj has done the role of a crooked father. The girl who acted as Bala Krishna’s sister is pretty good in histrionics and looks. Rajan P Dev is fair in a vital role. Upcoming artist Ajay has got considerable footage in this film. The comedy gang of Brahmnandam, Kovai Sarala and Venu Madhav are ok in first half. MS Narayana is entertaining as the sidekick of the villain.

Technical Departments:

Story - screenplay - Direction: The story of the film is pretty big with sister sentiment incorporated throughout. AS Ravi Kumar Chowdary’s direction is OK. Screenplay should have been better. The director tried to stuff in the entire story in the second half instead of distributing it. Director succeeded in creating humor in scenes where hero personally admit the baddies he bashed up in hospital and tries to woo heroine by trying special appearance and walking style.

Other departments: Marudhuri Raja has come up some powerful dialogues and sensible sentiment dialogues. A few dialogues that refer to Bala Krishna as future CM got tremendous applause from the crowds. Music by Mani Sharma is good with three songs (Jujubi, Janam Kosam & Ababba) picturized pretty well on screen. Stunts of the film are alright. Cinematography by Ram Prasad is good.

Analysis: First half of the film is satisfactory with entertainment. The second half is stuffed with lot of story. The director exploited the sentiment aspect of the film a lot in second half. This film will cater to the main strength of Bala Krishna, that is masses! Veerabhadra will have better appeal in B and C centers.

**** Puttukichiiiiiii...................[/tscii:f7c486bcf3]

andhrudu
2nd May 2006, 07:38 PM
[tscii:9a0dddb352]At present, Mahesh Babu’s Pokiri is milking the money at Box-office like anything. It has got huge hit talk, though its total range of success can be gauged a week later only. On the first day of its release, the film’s talk was not that encouraging because of its excessive action sequences in the second half and lewd dialogues and scenes in the film. But as Veerabhadra turned out to be losing proposition and students and youth are having summer holidays, the films collections are stupendous.

Everyone agrees the fact that Pokiri has nothing new in terms of content but it is Mahesh’s performance and Illena’s charm are working in favor of the film. Youth are gaga over Mahesh Babu in this film. Some films get all the luck, just like it.

Even in B centers like Gudiwada in Krishna district it is getting record-breaking collections. In Nizam (bought by Dil Raju), Guntur and Krishna (rights bought by Geeta Arts and B Madhu) territories, the film has seen massive openings.

But will it continue its success streak till the end? It remains to be seen. Its range of success depends on Bangaram’s fate. Even if Bangaram gets ‘average talk’, Pawan can pull of his film to big hit.

Anyhow, as of now, director and producer Puri Jagannadh is enjoying the moments. For his last three films – Andhrawala, 143 and Super were misfires at box-office. With this hit, he is again on center stage.

Even for Mahesh, the film’s success puts him in gear. For he never tasted two successes in a row.

[/tscii:9a0dddb352]

andhrudu
2nd May 2006, 09:04 PM
Bangaram not going to release in chennai as producer appachan,who bought remake rights of it put a condition that not to release in chennai.So AMRatnam returned the advance to Satyam theater.

Chennai fans are going to tirupathi,nellore to watch the movie on release day.

midnightshows are going to start in few hours in Ceded area

Ramakrishna
3rd May 2006, 08:17 PM
How is Bangaram?

andhrudu
3rd May 2006, 08:59 PM
it's a regular mass masala story and got flop talk every where

Pokiri might get benifit because of Veerabhadra and Bangaram

andhrudu
3rd May 2006, 09:07 PM
[tscii:dcd25d8333]here is the review of Bangaram

What's it about

The film is all about a young man risking his life to bring the estranged lovers together.

Bangaram (Pawan Kalyan) is a journalist. His ambition in life is to join in BBC. His boss fires him, when he fails to bring the interview of a terrorist leader. Bangaram approaches the chairperson of the channel, Peddireddy (Mukeshi Rishi). By consequence of events, Bangaram is forced to spend some days with Peddireddy's family consisting of his two daughters –

Sandhya (Meera Chopra) and Vindhya (Baby). Impressed with local faction leader Bhoomareddy's (Ashutosh Rana) style of functioning Peddireddy fixes his daughter Sandhya's marriage with Bhoomareddy's brother. The story then turns. Sandhya has a lover (Raja) with whom she is planning to get married soon. The rest of the film is how our hero Bangaram brings the two lovers together.

Analysis

In one word, you can say it is big bore to the hilt. On the surface, the film's basic storyline is similar to that of Tarun's disaster, Soggadu. But Bangaram is loaded with factionism in second half. Though the basic plot of the film is interesting but the director's inability to narrate to hold the audiences' interest till the end worsens the film. The first half is very slow, and the post interval scenes are laced with too much violence and logic less situations. But Pawan tries to salvage the film in the last 20 minutes with his befitting performance. Even technically it is very average film.

What's hot?

Pawan Kalyan is at his best in some portions like imitating the heroine. Though there is nothing extraordinary about his performance, he has done justice to the role. Two songs – Ra ..Ra Bangaram and item number – are good. The surprise element in the film is Trisha making a special appearance.

What's not?

To be frank everything is wrong in this film. The second half puts the audiences on the burner. No entertaining values, typical faction film episodes, not-so-good music and bad direction work against the film. The so-called Tamil hit director Dharani has proved nothing in this film. His directing capabilities and his narrative style are very substandard. Our Telugu directors have done better job than he has with Pawan films in the past. Director Dharani and his absurd narrative style could prove fatal for this film. God knows why the director showed a 12-year kid in pain and further she is shown getting married (even if it is in dream sequence). All this is really sick. How could a direct be so insensitive? If there is something that is to be criticized severely,it is director's lack of sensitivity. Vidyasagar once again proves that in Telugu he cannot come up with winning music. Rakhi Rajesh's action episodes are numb.

Bottom line

It is big disappointment on the whole. For general audiences it is another disastrous film from Pawan Kalyan. Fans in the B and C centers can only save his the film.
[/tscii:dcd25d8333]

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:11 AM
Trisha ruled Tollywood with her stardom in the year 2005 and now people say that it is the time of Ileana who is going to rule shortly. Indeed, than the films it were the controversial aspects those kept Trisha always in news. On the whole, Trisha proved to be the highest paid actress in Telugu film industry at present. She is bagging a whopping sum of Rs. 80 lakhs per film, as per the unofficial sources.

Now ever since the release of the film 'Devadas', Ileana has been among the most wanted list of producers. She is now down to earth as per the claim on remuneration. But eventually many assume that she would be on the top of the list going on par with Trisha.

Well, there is little long to go with a couple of more hits for Ileana. Her fresh film 'Pokiri' is doing very well in theatres now.

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:13 AM
NTR's 'Ashok' is going to release on 15th of June. The audio of the same is releasing on 15 th of May. Sameera Reddy is pairing up with NTR in the film where Surender Reddy of 'Athanokkadey' fame directed it.

Sameera has been pinning her hopes on the film as all of her films in Tollywood turned flops. NTR is also serious about the success of the same. Hence he is not making any hype about the film as he did with his previous flicks 'Narasimhudu' and others those turned flops.

Mani Sharma scored music for the film and the audio is hitting the tinsel world on 15th May. Valluripalli Ramesh is producing the film.

MACHI....
FILM RELEASE PANNU MACHI....
UR THE VASOOLRASA OF TOLLYWOOD...

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:16 AM
Kamalini Mukherjee is pinning her hopes on Godavari and she is also in high spirits as her first bilingual film with Kamal is going to hit theaters this month.

But Anand fame Kamalini is creating confusion and buzz in the movie circles, when Kamal wants to make it big, with some exposing of skin. Kamalini is imposing conditions regarding her exposing in movies. She is refusing to act in skirts and shorts.

However what's confusing the poor producers is that when she is at home or when she is going running or jogging and while attending movie functions she is always seen in short skirts & shorts, exposing.

Why is this double standard in exposing off screen and on screen? But it is rumored that our Sakala kala vallaban, Kamal hasan has given some useful tips to her regarding exposing to sustain longer in the industry.

Now she is trying to mend her ways and trying for roles with big heroes after Kamalhasan's private lessons.

Let us hope, Kamalini limits herself to conventional appearance, to rule the hearts of Telugus for longer.

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 10:18 AM
NTR's 'Ashok' is going to release on 15th of June. The audio of the same is releasing on 15 th of May. Sameera Reddy is pairing up with NTR in the film where Surender Reddy of 'Athanokkadey' fame directed it.

Sameera has been pinning her hopes on the film as all of her films in Tollywood turned flops. NTR is also serious about the success of the same. Hence he is not making any hype about the film as he did with his previous flicks 'Narasimhudu' and others those turned flops.

Mani Sharma scored music for the film and the audio is hitting the tinsel world on 15th May. Valluripalli Ramesh is producing the film.

MACHI....
FILM RELEASE PANNU MACHI....
UR THE VASOOLRASA OF TOLLYWOOD...

What, NTR is the Vasoolmannan of Telugu cinema? :shock: :shock:
I thot Pawan Kalyan is.His Bangaaram got great opening.

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:20 AM
Balu ABCEFDG no opening
Gudumbahsnaker no opening

NTR's Naa Alludu- stupid movie - thunderous opening
Narasimhudu - Opening illati producer nesamave tookule tonkirupparu..

Simhadri was the 1st movie in Telugu to cross 40 crores..
Okkadu and Tagore were behind Simhadri in 2003

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 10:23 AM
What, Balu did not get opening?
Here, in B'lore, i did not get the ticket for the movie for two weeks.
Probably in Andhra the situatiin is different.

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:25 AM
First 3 days ok..
Appuram fizzled...

He has 3 blockbusters to date..
Suswaghatam, Kushi and Thammudu..
All of them were remakes..
2 of them were Vijay's movies..

Badri also a big hit..

Johnny and Gudumbashanker were disasters..

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 10:26 AM
I heard that he got 7 hits in a row.

Thunderbird
4th May 2006, 10:27 AM
will it be remade in Tamil? :?

[tscii:a22393e191]here is the review of Bangaram

What's it about

The film is all about a young man risking his life to bring the estranged lovers together. ( :rotfl: new to us )

Bangaram (Pawan Kalyan) is a journalist ( will be good for which actor? :roll: :? ). His ambition in life is to join in BBC (hillarious :rotfl: ). His boss fires him, when he fails to bring the interview of a terrorist leader.( :shock: ) Bangaram approaches the chairperson of the channel, Peddireddy (Mukeshi Rishi). By consequence of events, Bangaram is forced to spend some days with Peddireddy's family consisting of his two daughters –

Sandhya (Meera Chopra) and Vindhya (Baby). Impressed with local faction leader Bhoomareddy's (Ashutosh Rana) style of functioning Peddireddy fixes his daughter Sandhya's marriage with Bhoomareddy's brother. The story then turns. Sandhya has a lover (Raja) with whom she is planning to get married soon. The rest of the film is how our hero Bangaram brings the two lovers together. ( hope he was in the romeo juliet period :banghead: )

Analysis

In one word, you can say it is big bore to the hilt (yup unable to guess that :banghead: ). On the surface, the film's basic storyline is similar to that of Tarun's disaster, Soggadu( :oops: remake of a flop ). But Bangaram is loaded with factionism in second half. Though the basic plot of the film is interesting but the director's inability to narrate (dharani sir, you are not manirantnam :banghead: ) to hold the audiences' interest till the end worsens the film. The first half is very slow ( is it dharani :roll: ), and the post interval scenes are laced with too much violence and logic less( will do good in tamil :wink: ) situations. But Pawan tries to salvage the film in the last 20 minutes with his befitting performance. Even technically it is very average film. (to whose standard :huh: )

What's hot?

Pawan Kalyan is at his best in some portions like imitating the heroine. Though there is nothing extraordinary about his performance, he has done justice (misnomer here :twisted: ) to the role. Two songs – Ra ..Ra Bangaram and item number – are good. The surprise element in the film is Trisha making a special appearance.

What's not?

To be frank everything is wrong in this film (rightly put :thumbsup: ). The second half puts the audiences on the burner. No entertaining values, typical faction film episodes (drama :o , ladies audience :thumbsup: ), not-so-good music and bad direction ( you legend :notworthy: work against the film. The so-called Tamil hit director Dharani has proved nothing ( :rotfl: ) in this film. His directing capabilities and his narrative style are very substandard ( over bhandha :banghead: ). Our Telugu directors have done better job than he has with Pawan films in the past ( ithu kuuda romba over-pa :banghead: ). Director Dharani and his absurd narrative style could prove fatal for this film. God knows why the director showed a 12-year kid in pain and further she is shown getting married (even if it is in dream sequence) (holy how :o ). All this is really sick. How could a direct be so insensitive? If there is something that is to be criticized severely,it is director's lack of sensitivity (one hit wonder :? ). Vidyasagar once again proves that in Telugu he cannot come up with winning music (maybe the only plus :lol2: ). Rakhi Rajesh's action episodes are numb.

Bottom line

It is big disappointment on the whole. For general audiences it is another disastrous film from Pawan Kalyan. Fans in the B and C centers can only save his the film.
[/tscii:a22393e191]

lord of the ring dissapointed me :cry:

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:28 AM
Avar nadichate 11 movies than...
He reached super statis thru Kushi..

Thammudu and Badri were big hits..
After that he took long time for his own directorial venture, Johnny..
Many new guys, like Prabhas, NTR and Nitin came to limelight that time..

Bangaram hit avunumnu asapatten, becausae this guy is immensely talented..
Dharani kavututtaru..

Thunderbird
4th May 2006, 10:31 AM
ntr, could you please enlighten me about mahes babu.. plz tell me a bit abt him :)

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 10:32 AM
Let us look forward to his directorial venture Satyagrahi with the great ARR's music :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:34 AM
Mahesh is son of Telugu Superstar Krishna..

He is one of most succesful Young Heroes in telugu..
He has couple of blockbsuters

Okkadu
Murari
Athadu

and some superhits like Pokiri and Yuvaraju..

He too suffered disasters like Naani..
Arjun had a great opening but fizzled out..

of course, Vijay is a fan of him..
He has remade Okkadu as Ghilli..
Geethai was inmspired by Murari while Arjun 1st half was similar to that in Thirupachchi..

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:35 AM
Pawan's next is Annavaram - Tiruapchi remake with Asin and Sandhya

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:37 AM
A good review

Bangaram is all about Powerstar Pawan Kalyan. With a mediocre storyline, Dharani did what he is best at - project the hero with mass characterization. What better way to project that angle than racy fights, that too Pawan doing them on screen. Bangaram is a journalist who ends up in Karnool and sees he helping out young lovers against faction backdrop.

First half is entertaining. There is an overdose of action in the second half. Though the action part is good, it comes in excess amount. Entertainment elements are amiss in the second half. In any case, Bangaram will be a treat for the fans since it projects Pawan at every level.

In detail:
Bangaram (Pawan) is a reporter in a channel owned by Peddi Reddy (Mukesh Rishi) who lives overseas. A few sequences of events brings Bangaram to Peddi Reddy who is on trip to India along with his daughters Sandhya (Meera Chopra) and Vindhya (Baby Snesha). Sandhya is in love with a guy overseas. However, her father confirms her marriage with one Bhooma Reddy (Asuthosh Rana) in India. Now Bangaram takes up the responsibility of uniting the lovers. How he does it should be seen on the screen.

Pawan is as usual at his best. There needs no special mention about his fights. He was looking good and he did great with the comedy. Especially the scenes where he imitates Meera Chopra is excellent. In the climax, the way he fights the bad guys saying Maa Ki Laal is superb. He performed excellent. But at times it felt that his energy (or involvement) was missing. Nevertheless, he is a treat for his fans in the film. Also, the scenes conceived with Trisha and Reema Sen are done impressively.

Meera Chopra did her role contently. Baby Snesha did great in her role. Her performance is worth applauding in the climax. (Though this part of the film might be done a bit overboard). One character to talk about in the film is of Mukesh Rishi's. He did great. Voice given to him is apt and novel. Asuthosh Rana did well as Bhooma Reddy. Others did content in their role.

Dharani did an okay job with his story, screenplay and direction. His direction and takings are very good. Screenplay could have been better in the second half. Towards the end it feels a bit dragged as the target for the bad guys change from Sandhya to Vindya. First half is done great in every aspect. Comedy is good and there are good songs. Second half becomes heavy with action scenes, chasing and other twists. Title song Ra Ra Bangaram comes as a big relief. Scenes with Trisha (in a cameo role) and Reema Sen are very entertaining.

Dialogs by Akula Siva are good. Action sequences composed by Rocky Rajesh are exciting. But the number of them is high. Editing by Vijayan is good. Climax could have been trimmed a bit. Cinematography by Gopinath is good. Music by Vidya Sagar is good. Re-recording is excellent. Review by: Phani

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 10:37 AM
Pawan's next is Annavaram - Tiruapchi remake with Asin and Sandhya

He is just acting in that.

Thunderbird
4th May 2006, 10:38 AM
thanks ntr :)

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMlGCzvDWIU&search=vijaykanth Balayya's reply to captain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMJ_y936XoU&search=balayya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A23CWRltQuw&search=balayya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypGI3NecLc0&search=balayya

Friends, have a look at the above videos.They are telugu actor Balakrishna's comedies. :lol2:

Don't miss them

Our Vijaykanth is far better. :lol2:

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:42 AM
Naan potta video link ai enakke koduluriya/

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 10:43 AM
Naan potta video link ai enakke koduluriya/

Nee munnaadiye kuduthittiyaa?Enakku theriyaathe.
However these are ultimate comedies :lol: :lol:

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:48 AM
1st pgae poi paru..

Avaru nadaya pattiya..
Sami get up, narasimha get up nu pinnuvaru..

Veerabhadra le enna comedynu teriyule

Hulkster
4th May 2006, 10:54 AM
Veerabhadra - Man for the masses
IndiaGlitz [Monday, May 01, 2006]
In a sense, Balakrishna has painted himself into a corner. He is a man of mass films and such movies have to, almost mandatorily, carry certain elements. And to spin a script with all these ingredients calls for certain compromise and ingenuity.

In Veerabhadra, you get to see all these and the film would seem to match the expectations of his fans. Though in terms of story, the sister sentiment is nothing new. The scriptwriter and the director have fused together some intriguing suspense and all the mass materials to deliver a watchable flick. And Balakrishna himself looks relaxed and delivers an acceptable performance. The stiffness that we saw in him in Vijayendra Verma and Allari Pidugu seem gone.

Murali (Balakrishna) is pursued by the brothers of Peddaraju (Sayaji Shinde), who is cooling his heels in jail. We are not told why they are look after him. Murali is the loving brother of a handicapped woman, whom he carries to the college everyday. Of course, Murali has fun escapades with a girl in his neighborhood (Sada). And slowly but surely we are let into the past of Murali and as to what happened between him and the arch villain. It had something to do with Peddaraju's sister (Tanushree Dutta). And in the end, all is well, and you know well.

It is Balakrishna's show all the way. Doing a character with of lighter shades, he looks very convincing. Of course, there are his trademark punch dialogues and revels in them. He has fun with both Sada and Tanushree. He also unveils his comedy repertoire, something that had been lying in 'disuse' for long. Of course, his dance movements (some of them new) have his fans going delirious.

Sada has a compact, albeit limited, role. She is almost a tomboy and has her share of fun with the hero. Tanushree looks fabulous. She looks stunning in dance sequences and she also looks an uncomplicated actress.

Sayaji Shine is as ever impressive as the villain. He gets vital nuances right. Prakash Raj has nothing much to do. The comedy track of Brahmanandam and Co is passable.

Mani Sharma's music is just right for such movies. High rhythms and tempo, it gives the right elevation. The re-recording is also okay. The fights of Peter Haines and the camera work of Ram Prasad also deserve a mention.

A S Ravikumar Chowdary, like a master mathematician, knows the formula well. He sticks to that and has got the sums right.

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 10:56 AM
Tirupachi ye ulta pannitanungo...

Hulkster
4th May 2006, 11:01 AM
He also unveils his comedy repertoire, something that had been lying in 'disuse' for long. Of course, his dance movements (some of them new) have his fans going delirious.

enna comedy seinchirupaaru?...train car melae ottirupaaro?

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 11:04 AM
Avar vanthu nninnale comedythan

Hulkster
4th May 2006, 11:05 AM
Athaan...wig kuda veichirukaaru..:lol:...enna vayasu avarakku?

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 11:06 AM

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 11:11 AM
Southle Most Handsome Hero Punnet is remaking Ghilli....
Epdi irukkumo...

Hulkster
4th May 2006, 11:14 AM
46 ah?...vikram avaroda vayasilae moothavar anaal avaravethu supera nadikiraar...evar vayasukku rombo thaan thevai mass image..haiyo haiyo.

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 11:14 AM
[tscii:a0267ba3ef]Without a hit to her credit Ileana managed to create a sensation in the industry. Though Devadasu picked up later, she emerged a winner from day one itself. She has been signed for big-budget films opposite Prabhas, Mahesh. Also, two leading retailers in the city have signed her up.

One is the high profile jewellery story from the Gulf – Alukkas which opened a showroom at Panjagutta recently. The other retailer who signed her is the Meena Bazaar group. The grapevine is that she charged a sum of 12 lakh from Alukkas and cool 10 lakh from Meena Bazaar to endorse their brands.

It’s heard that negotiations are on with a few other corporate entities for endorsements. Recently, when the producer of a big budget film approached her to be cast opposite a young star, she quoted a price of 45 lakhs. Inspite of the craze she has, and the shortage of heroines the industry, she did not manage to get her price. She was paid 25 lakhs each for Pokiri and another film on Dil Raju’s banner.

Amongst the southern actresses Asin and Trisha lead the pack with brand endorsements. Trisha endorses Fanta, Tata Indicom, Perk while Asin endorses Fairever, Mirinda and a few other brands.
[/tscii:a0267ba3ef]

rachel
4th May 2006, 11:18 AM
any news about your illeana :roll:
everybody seems to talk about mahesh not illeana :roll:

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 11:19 AM
[tscii:a3333f61da]See page 8..

Without a hit to her credit Ileana managed to create a sensation in the industry. Though Devadasu picked up later, she emerged a winner from day one itself. She has been signed for big-budget films opposite Prabhas, Mahesh. Also, two leading retailers in the city have signed her up.

One is the high profile jewellery story from the Gulf – Alukkas which opened a showroom at Panjagutta recently. The other retailer who signed her is the Meena Bazaar group. The grapevine is that she charged a sum of 12 lakh from Alukkas and cool 10 lakh from Meena Bazaar to endorse their brands.

It’s heard that negotiations are on with a few other corporate entities for endorsements. Recently, when the producer of a big budget film approached her to be cast opposite a young star, she quoted a price of 45 lakhs. Inspite of the craze she has, and the shortage of heroines the industry, she did not manage to get her price. She was paid 25 lakhs each for Pokiri and another film on Dil Raju’s banner.

[/tscii:a3333f61da]

rachel
4th May 2006, 11:37 AM
oh...ok..i really don't know about her acting....i can see from her stills that she likes to show her body a lot ..

anyway i'll watch her tamil film with ravi krishna

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 11:38 AM
Athu kandippa flopputhan

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 07:22 PM
Review
Advertisement

By Kishore

Pawan Kalyan and the word 'sagging' are two incongruous terms. Luckily he doesn't have an ounce of fat on his body to sag. Yet his career had sagged with a few back-to-back flops like Johnny and Gudumba Shankar. Even a funky title like Balu ABCDEFG and wearing pants back to front didn't help much. Now the lanky star is back with a Bang-aram. Bangaram is going to be a hit. People have already started feigning amnesia about his flops and can remember only Khushi, his last major hit movie and the latest hit, Bangaram. That's what success causes. Mercifully that's how life is. Years of failure are gone in a few hours. Good for Pawan Kalyan and good for the viewers.

If Mahesh Babu was cruising alone he has got company now. Pokiri has got competition in the form of Bangaram. Nothing to worry, Pokiri can afford competiton. Moreover, given the potential of both the movies and the enormity of the holiday crowd, both movies would run to packed houses for 100 days easily. If Devadasu, Happy, later Style and Lakshmi can almost, at the same, time run for 100 days why cannot Pokiri and Bangaram. The Prince and the Power star can both hold their own.

The audience was never entertained so thoroughly. With a series of well-made movies running for 100 days, the trend now has changed for better. People have started going to the theatres to watch a movie, instead of watching it on pirated CDs or waiting six months to watch it on TV.

It's happy times for both the filmmakers and the viewers.

Bangaram is an out and out action movie. There is not even a whiff of romance here. The pains that Pavan Kalyan had taken for the fight scenes of this movie, has paid off. Being a martial arts expert, he has used special techniques in the fight scenes. The breaking of bones seems very real.

Based on Kurnool brand of toughness, the movie uses the villainy of Ashutosh Rana. You cannot think of a better negative character actor than him for this movie. Comedy is low key in Bangaram.

What needs to be written about are the neat photography and novel direction used in the movie. Director Dharini doesn't kill the character Vinay (Raja) who is Sandhya's (Meera Chopra) lover, to pair her with Bangaram (Pawan Kalyan). She is the heroine of the movie and Pawan is the hero yet they are not lovers but just friends. That's uncommon in movies. Dharani dares to be different and succeeds.

And what needs to be experienced in the theatre because no amount of writing can convey the actual pleasure is the music of this movie. If the song 'egire chilkamma' soothes and sets your foot to tap the floor, 'ra ra bangaram' teaches the mantra of success as well as peaceful leaving.

In Bangaram, Pawan Kalyan proves that he is not hailed as the 'power star' for nothing.

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 08:29 PM
Pawan jave to change his title as Power Pona Star

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 08:52 PM
NTR,
Yaar kitta reel vidura.Innikki nee sonna vodane naa enga college la iukkura ellaa telugu friends kittayum kaettaen about NTR and PK's opening powers.Ellaarum NTR-a tuppunathu thaan micham.
Everyone says that PK has more fans and he has greater opening power than NTR and even Chiru.

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 08:55 PM
Aavanunga ellam dabara pasanga..
Andhrawala is one movie that had unbleivebale opening...

Jihnny created same hoopla, what happened..
NTR's movies dont have longetivity, but had good opening...

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 08:59 PM
NTR Jr. puts 'Naa Alludu' on top
IANS Jan 17

Email this article.

Hyderabad, Jan 17 (IANS): "Naa Alludu" is at the top of the Telugu film charts, but "Mass" starring Nagarjuna is likely to dislodge the NTR Junior starrer.

1. "Naa Alludu": With this film, NTR Junior shows his box office power. Although it had terrific opening day collections, this poorly made film has disappointed many of the star's fans.

The festival crowd flocked to see this oft-repeated tale of a conflict between a poor man and his arrogant mother-in-law. However, the film offers nothing to make audiences return.

2. "Balu": Pavan Kalyan's much-awaited love story "Balu", released a week ago, opened to a good response, but a few days later it went into decline.

Except for Pavan's dances and action sequences, the film had nothing to offer. It may prove a disappointing film for its producers, the illustrious Vyjayanthi Movies.

3. "Mass": Nagarjuna's confidence in Lawrence has paid off with "Mass". The film's theme, along with Charmi's oomph and Jyothika's performance, has made it a winner.

Devi Sri Prasad's mass-oriented score holds the audience, while the star hero proves that his mass appeal remains intact.

4. "Nuvvu Vasthanante Ne Vadntana": M.S. Raju's fun film has benefited from the huge publicity surrounding it. Inspired by "Pyar Kiya To Dar Na Kya", this is a feel-good movie, which had good first-day collections. Prabhu Deva shows enough promise and Devi Sri Prasad's music is different.

5. "Dhana 51": The Sumanth-Surya-Kiron team of "Satyam" fame has produced yet another romance with a big dose of action. The film drew good initial collections. Chakri's music adds to the film's value.

http://nowrunning.com/news/news.asp?id=2364

telugu patti ethuvume teriyatavanga than apdi news solliruppanga..

Pawan has good screen presence, but not enough to carry a bad script..

Simhadri was patethic still became blockbuster...

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 08:59 PM
I guess Veerabhadra got great opening in Andhra.

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 09:00 PM
Simhadri pathetic-a?
Then how come many people say that the movie was awesome.

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 09:04 PM
Simhadri no story at all..
Gajendra pattiya?

It worked due to NTR's previous hit movies mass image like Aadhi...

Bhumika koda was very glamourous..
NTR dance and songs were A-Class..

Aana, ippa hes liek Vijay now..
Narasimmhudu super flop, he paid 4-5 crores back to Proudcer..

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 09:05 PM
But Pawan is class.

Raikkonen
4th May 2006, 09:07 PM
Thats what i said...
He has good mass..

Still some ppl call him as Chiru's Thammudu..
He should have his own style..
You can see his styles in Gudumbashanker, almost like replica of Chiranjeevi...

Im sure Annavaram and Satyagrahi will be big hits, and save this jewel of Tollywood...

andhrudu
5th May 2006, 09:01 PM
Vertidct is Out..

As of now the summer winner is Nag's Sriramadasu

its still maintaing fulls in almost all A centers despite the heavy releases last week.in some b,c centers Sriramadasu 5th week collections are equal to pokiri 1st week collection and more than Veerabhadra 1st week collections.till now this film collected 16 crores share which is highest for any devotional film. trade expecting this film will have 170 50 days centes where as its release centers are 180.

pokiri takes a flying start at boxoffice and managed to collect 7crores share in first week.I dont know how long it will maintain the tempo but as of now its ahead of its contemporary releases.

Balakrishna's VB started with a disappointed talk but it got terrific collections in some areas like guntur,ceded which are NBK's fort.collections in hyd started towards down which is his weakest terrtory.

PK's Bangaram also started with poor talk but still maintaining fantastic collections everywhere. the film is trimmed for 20 min we need to see how it helps the film's run.

Prabhas pournami stood out as biggest disaster of this summer.this film is running with no collections in its 3rd week which is pathetic.

andhrudu
8th May 2006, 09:45 PM
[tscii:a42c4571da]Box Office: ‘Pokiri’ Tops the List and ‘Pournami’ Gets Clouded

1. Pokiri:
Puri Jagannath’s venture worked well with the chemistry of Mahesh Babu and Ileana on screen. The film got fabricated in a compact style with intact screenplay. Suspense, action and thrill blended the film as a right mix. The film takes the top position in the list of Toppers of this week. Collections are good at the box office consistently.

Trade Fact: Super Hit

2. Bangaram:
Pawan Kalyan’s much awaited film couldn’t meet the expectations of audiences. The shooting part that went for long time, boosted up the expectations heavily. Story line and stuff in the film turned week. But the opening collections are marvelous for the film. The film sits in position-2 in Tollywood Toppers’ List.

Trade Fact: Great openings but declared as mega flop

3. Veerabhadra:
Balakrishna is again back with shouts and yells like that of his previous films. The film is being publicized with sister sentiment and it bagged average talk initially. B and C centers are making this film run well when compared to A centers. The film sits in position-3 of Toppers’ List.

Trade Fact: Average

4. Sree Ramadasu:
Nagarjuna’s ‘Sree Ramadasu’ is still holding good collections despite the gush of new films into theaters. Devotional fervor is keeping the film in Toppers list of the week with good collections. There are chances for this film to stride up in the list next week.

Trade Fact: Super Hit

5. Pournami:
The film was released with high expectations but landed in soup. Only the music of the film turned impressive and ringing in the ears of public. Weak story line and screenplay marred the durability of the film. The film is on the edge of Top-5 films of this week. Collections at box office are decelerating slowly.

Trade Fact: Flop

[/tscii:a42c4571da]

ajithfederer
9th May 2006, 12:45 AM
dei raikkoanna........malaysia vanthu adipein... :lol: ....don blabber and twist facts.........pawn has large number of fans than junior ntr.......
:evil:

ajithfederer
9th May 2006, 12:46 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pawan jave to change his title as Power Pona Star

Raikkonen
9th May 2006, 08:35 AM
dei raikkoanna........malaysia vanthu adipein... :lol: ....don blabber and twist facts.........pawn has large number of fans than junior ntr.......
:evil:

Then tell me one genuine hit of him after Kushi...

Raikkonen
9th May 2006, 08:26 PM
OMG

JUNIOR NTR RAAAAASA....
AND THALAIVI ILLEANA....

IN RAKHEE.....

By Krishanvamsi (Ramya's hubby)....
Theres a strong rumour that this might be a e-yadichan copy of Vijay's Thirupachi....

andhrudu
9th May 2006, 10:31 PM
Nagarjuna as Maa TV MD

Top hero Nagarjuna who bought 30 percent stake in Maa TV has taken charge as the Managing Director (MD). On Saturday (May 6, 2006), he made visit to the Maa TV office at Punjagutta in Hyderabad. Though his final investment in the channel is yet be decided (sources told us that dicussions are still going on about his percentage of stake). But he is reportedly been acquired more than 30 percent of share. Nagarjuna has ventured into Television production by making TV serials and now he finally becomes partner of a leading channel.

With he assuming the office of Maa TV, the Telugu film industry and Television industry would have major changes.

There is also buzz in the industry that major national broadcasters are stepping into Telugu TV industry.

m_23_bayarea
10th May 2006, 12:10 AM
[tscii:3c24252cb6]Ileana hurt in KD shooting
May 09, 2006

The latest hot stuff in the Telugu industry, Ileana, suffered a serious injury when she was shooting in Chennai for A M Rathnam’s Ravi Krishna starrer KD. It was a ‘glass breaking shot’ and as the glass broke on her, it injured her right leg seriously, causing a lot of blood loss. She was rushed to hospital immediately and Rathnam had called off the shooting. From the hospital, Ileana went back to Mumbai to convalesce. This happened on May 7th.

But then, the girl is back today for shooting in Visakhapattinam, working for Prabhas’s Munna. She didn’t want to cause loss to the producer by being absent for a combination shot that they were canning today. Debutant director Vamsi Paidapalli is proud of this gesture and keeps telling everyone he meets about Ileana.

Poor Ileana, Poor NTR !!! :cry: :oops: :cry:
[/tscii:3c24252cb6]

andhrudu
10th May 2006, 12:14 AM
[tscii:8686553466]

[/tscii:8686553466]

????

m_23_bayarea
10th May 2006, 12:17 AM
[tscii:b39336e4c5]

[/tscii:b39336e4c5]

????

Oh I meant our hubber Siva alias NTR/Raikonnen .. He's crazy abt Illeana !! :D

Kollywoodfan
10th May 2006, 12:38 AM
ok, sry...wow... :oops: I hope she's ok, at least for siva's sake...

m_23_bayarea
10th May 2006, 01:38 AM
My wishes and prayers for Illy to get well ASAP !! :D :D

andhrudu
10th May 2006, 01:39 AM
Oh I meant our hubber Siva alias NTR/Raikonnen .. He's crazy abt Illeana !! :D

Thats Ok . I thought you are reffering Jr NTR :)

andhrudu
10th May 2006, 03:31 AM
Raikonnen its for you :)

enjoy Portfolio pics of Ileana

http://idlebrain.com/movie/photogallery/ileana1.html

rachel
10th May 2006, 03:41 AM
[tscii:9dbd9145ff]Ileana hurt in KD shooting
May 09, 2006

The latest hot stuff in the Telugu industry, Ileana, suffered a serious injury when she was shooting in Chennai for A M Rathnam’s Ravi Krishna starrer KD. It was a ‘glass breaking shot’ and as the glass broke on her, it injured her right leg seriously, causing a lot of blood loss.

[/tscii:9dbd9145ff]

oh..raik is going to feel sad.. :lol:

rachel
10th May 2006, 03:42 AM
Raikonnen its for you :)

enjoy Portfolio pics of Ileana

http://idlebrain.com/movie/photogallery/ileana1.html

8-)

andhrudu
10th May 2006, 05:31 AM
some more

http://idlebrain.com/movie/photogallery/ileana.html

Surya
10th May 2006, 07:44 AM
ANDHRUDU,

MAY GOD BLESS U!!!!!

Thunderbird
10th May 2006, 07:47 AM
Warning: This is my opinion, so don't burn your belly.

I saw few pictures of Illena without makeup in a function. I'm no more a fan of her.

There're only few who look good without makeup, Illena is not one of them.

Thirumaran
10th May 2006, 07:47 AM
ANDHRUDU,

MAY GOD BLESS U!!!!!

ithula enna kanjathanam..

May god bless him and his family :D

Surya
10th May 2006, 07:48 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: Thiru......PinnniteL Pongo!!! :clap: :lol: :P

Thnder,
:o

Surya
10th May 2006, 07:50 AM
Thiru is that ur son in ur pic? :) CUTE!!!!! Looks like my nephew. :)

Kollywoodfan
10th May 2006, 07:52 AM
really Thirumaran? he's absolutely adorable! :wink: If that's your son, Mrs. Thirumaran must be so pretty!! JK!

Thirumaran
10th May 2006, 07:55 AM

:shock: pasanga ellam innum illa.. One on the way :P

Surya
10th May 2006, 07:57 AM
Oh cool!! :D :D

ab_123
10th May 2006, 07:58 AM

Congratulations to you and your wife. I had the opportunity to briefly converse with her today. :)

Surya
10th May 2006, 08:00 AM

Congratulations to you and your wife. I had the opportunity to briefly converse with her today. :)

That's what u think....:roll: :P

Thirumaran
10th May 2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks Surya, Aruna.. :D

ab_123
10th May 2006, 08:02 AM
[quote=ab_123]
That's what u think....:roll: :P

Oooohhh! MIS ah? (Multiple ID Syndrome) :lol: Scary thought :shock:

Thirumaran
10th May 2006, 08:04 AM
Surya,
innum ungalukku doubt poagalayaa.. :o Misses thaampaa vanthu chat pannaanga :)

Surya
10th May 2006, 08:05 AM
Surya,
innum ungalukku doubt poagalayaa.. :o Misses thaampaa vanthu chat pannaanga :)

Hmmm....ellam avarukke theriyum....NO i don't mean god...i mean Nov! :P :) JK thiru. I believe u. :)

ab_123
10th May 2006, 08:08 AM
Ok changing gears, did the movie Sankara Bharanam come in Tamil?

Surya
10th May 2006, 08:09 AM
Yup.. Dubbed.

ab_123
10th May 2006, 08:12 AM
Yup.. Dubbed. I have never heard the Tamil songs! :shock: How were they? And what was the movie called in Tamil?

Raikkonen
10th May 2006, 11:13 AM
[tscii:feed69ee3a]Ileana hurt in KD shooting
May 09, 2006

The latest hot stuff in the Telugu industry, Ileana, suffered a serious injury when she was shooting in Chennai for A M Rathnam’s Ravi Krishna starrer KD. It was a ‘glass breaking shot’ and as the glass broke on her, it injured her right leg seriously, causing a lot of blood loss. She was rushed to hospital immediately and Rathnam had called off the shooting. From the hospital, Ileana went back to Mumbai to convalesce. This happened on May 7th.

But then, the girl is back today for shooting in Visakhapattinam, working for Prabhas’s Munna. She didn’t want to cause loss to the producer by being absent for a combination shot that they were canning today. Debutant director Vamsi Paidapalli is proud of this gesture and keeps telling everyone he meets about Ileana.

[/tscii:feed69ee3a]

Oh Nooooo.....
I wont hub tonite...
I will pray for her...

Raikkonen
10th May 2006, 11:35 AM
[tscii:82261ecb3a]Ileana hurt in KD shooting
May 09, 2006

The latest hot stuff in the Telugu industry, Ileana, suffered a serious injury when she was shooting in Chennai for A M Rathnam’s Ravi Krishna starrer KD. It was a ‘glass breaking shot’ and as the glass broke on her, it injured her right leg seriously, causing a lot of blood loss.

[/tscii:82261ecb3a]

oh..raik is going to feel sad.. :lol:

Yes Yes I am...

andhrudu
10th May 2006, 10:21 PM
Nagarjuna-climbing cool!

Nag is making big bucks with his recent movies, in fact it is his guts helping him to keep high. He shows versatility in his roles and has the ability to find a new talent. It is heard that this handsome hero took a remuneration of Rs. 3 crore for 'Sree Ramadasu' and also bagged Naizam distribution rights as rider.

It's an estimation that Naizam collections would be somewhere between Rs. 5 Crore and Rs. 6 Crore if the tempo continues to be the same. Thus Nag is going to bag around Rs. 8 to Rs. 9 Crore for 'Sree Ramadasu. Indeed, it's really a big deal that surpasses every Tollywood actor in recent time.

m_23_bayarea
10th May 2006, 10:25 PM
[tscii:6f22e94aca]Ileana hurt in KD shooting
May 09, 2006
__________________________________________________ __

[/tscii:6f22e94aca]

Oh Nooooo.....
I wont hub tonite...
I will pray for her...

Hope your prayers are answered soon !! :lol: :oops:

andhrudu
11th May 2006, 12:22 AM
Competition continues

Just not at the theatres, the stiff competition between Sri Ramadasu and Pokiri continues. The music of Keeravani and Mani Sarma's reverberating numbers have become a craze.

Veerabhadra, Bangaram sales have slided and Pournami has crashed. The class is showing interest in Godavari and the fate of Oka Vichitram and Seetaramudu is depended on the release of the films.

andhrudu
11th May 2006, 09:44 PM
A trendsetter, he truly is
Updated: 05-11-2006 By andhracafe

He never got stuck with an image and always tried something different. When nagarjuna had a hit with Geetanjali he attempted a rough character like Shiva.

When he dished out entertainers like Allari alludu and Hello Brother he tried Criminal to balance it. With Ninne Pelladtha he gave an extension to his lover boy image but soon after got into a devotional mode with Annamaiyya.

As a family hero in Santosham, Manmadhudu,Nenunna he boosted his 'family hero image' and the next was Mass, a pucca commercial stuff. Now just watch the summer releases while all the films on one side is different his Sri Ramadasu has it's special seperate entity. He is truly a trend setter in telugu film industry.

andhrudu
12th May 2006, 08:44 PM
Chaithanya v/s RamCharan?
Date Updated: 5/12/2006

Chaithanya is the son of hero Nagarjuna and also grandson of Dr Ramanaidu.Now everything is ready for launch of Chathanya. Chaithanya has left to Mumbai to take coaching in acting school. He is expected back with in couple of months.

He will be launched as hero to Tollywood by this year end.It is suspense who will launch Chaithanya-either Annapurna Studios or Suresh Productions will be launching Chaithanya.

On the other hand, Ram Charan Teja (son of Megastar) will be launched as hero by star producer Aswini Dutt. And Aswini Dutt is seriously considering the director Y V S Choudary for this purpose.

Both the star heroes of Tollywood are launching their sons this year, let us wait and see who will lead the fans better.

Lambretta
13th May 2006, 06:38 PM
yeah in one movie of bk

he grows a hen and that hen kills a rowdy

:shock: :D :lol: :rotfl:
:shock: :banghead:
:lol: :rotfl:

kidils
19th May 2006, 01:24 AM
i saw prabhas movie chatrapathi... it was a superb mass film.

andhrudu
19th May 2006, 09:14 AM
Sri Ramadasu still strong
Updated: 05-12-2006 By andhracafe

The devotional film is still going strong and will complete 50 days on may 18th. The collections are still strong and stable and is heading towards 100 days.

On may 18th it will complete 50 days in 168 centres. It is one of the biggest hits in Nagarjuna's career and not being a commercial film makes the competition more interesting.

Raikkonen
19th May 2006, 10:48 AM
Bladeu Pakkiri may break Okkadu's records..

Raikkonen
19th May 2006, 10:13 PM
ntr's ashok will break simhadri's records...

Raikkonen
20th May 2006, 09:43 PM
Happy Birthday Junior NTR

His first film Ninu Choodalani wasn't a big success but his second film Student No 1 was a blockbuster and the fourth film Aadi established him as the commercial hero.

With Simhadri he earned a mass image. Despite the many flops that followed, his image remains undisturbed. NTR's birthday falls on may 20th and on that occasion i wish him many happy returns.

Unicorn
20th May 2006, 10:39 PM
Pokiri will break GIllis :D

Bladeu Pakkiri may break Okkadu's records..

Ramakrishna
20th May 2006, 10:41 PM
Pokkiri will break Aathi's record

Unicorn
20th May 2006, 10:49 PM
Enna pa....Thevaillaatha provocation :mad:
Wanna get Surya thread messed up :huh:
Atleast talk sense...chumma olarrathu :banghead:

Ramakrishna
20th May 2006, 10:51 PM
Enna pa....Thevaillaatha provocation :mad:
Wanna get Surya thread messed up :huh:
Atleast talk sense...chumma olarrathu :banghead:

Oh, sorry. I cannot talk sense like u

andhrudu
21st May 2006, 11:04 PM
[tscii:54538a7316]Godavari Review

Rating: 3.75/5

Story

Sreeram (Sumanth) is a principled chap with an inclination towards politics. With an altruistic attitude he goes out of the way to help others. Seeta (Kamalinee Mukherjee) is a girl who does not want to confine to home and wants to live independently as an entrepreneur. Sreeram is seriously fascinated by his maradalu Raji (Neetu Chandra) and wants to marry her. But she feels that he is not her kind of guy. Raji’s parents settle her marriage with an IPS officer (Kamal Kamaraju). Seeta meets Sreeram and his relatives on their boat journey from Rajahmundry to Bhadrachalam. The rest of the story is all about how Sreeram and Seeta realize how perfect they are to each other.

Artists Performance

Sumanth: Sumanth is a revelation in this film. His histrionics in Godavari are just perfect. You don’t see Sumanth as an actor, but as a character in Godavari. Sumanth body language and screen presence got perfectly matched with that of Sreeram character.

Kamalinee Mukherjee: Kamalinee has given another wonderful performance as Seeta in Godavari. Seeta character is all about independent thinking and tremendous inner strength. Kamalinee rocks in this role with her intense yet cool portrayal. She oozes so much of sensuality (sexiness, to describe it rather bluntly) in ‘Andamga Lena’ song. No other film has such a strong female character after ‘Anand’ and she is sure to bag another award for her performance in Godavari. Sunitha’s dubbing for heroine’s character is terrific.

Others: Neetu Chandra is awesome in the role of a confused girl who changes her mind in split of second. Kamal Kamaraju is adequate as haughty IPS officer. Tanikella Bharani is good as usual. Performance of the little boy is tremendous. Kalyani is neat as food vendor. CVL Narasimha Rao is fair as the father of heroine. The old woman who did the role of bamma is pretty good.

Technical Departments:

Story - screenplay - dialogues - Direction: Story of the film revolves around a sensible love story. This film can be made in any backdrop like a road journey or a foreign trip. But the Godavari backdrop added a whole new perspective to the film and it enhanced the visual splendor. Direction of the film is very good. The main strength of Sekhar Kammula is his sensibility. He made sure that each and every scene is sensible and is done with a logical purpose. His characterization is very strong (with a bit of bias towards heroine character). Screenplay of the film is good. Sekhar used some stereo type screenplay techniques to resolve certain issues (like clearing of misunderstandings through a diary and a guy misbehaving with heroine to create marriage pressure in heroine’s house) in the film. Narration should have been bit faster. Dialogues of the film are perfect. Sekhar is also pretty strong in bringing emotions right. His voice given to the animated dog character is cool and the commentary of the dog is hilarious. There was bit of rawness in the taking of Anand film, but with Godavari Sekhar Kammula emerges as a professional director.

Music: Music by KM Radha Krishnan is very good. The background music is also good. Veturi’s lyrics are extraordinary. Sekhar Kammula’s canning of songs is excellent with apt choreography by Swarna. My personal favorites in the film are Andamga Lena, Uppengele Godavari and Manasa Vacha. ‘Rama Chakkani’ song is beautifully used as background music.

Other departments: Cinematography by Vijay C Kumar is excellent. He captured Godavari and Papi Kondalu in a gigantic scale. He also made sure that the visuals are aptly suited to the mood of the film. Editing work by Marthand K Venkatesh is superb. Artwork by Kishore Chowksi is good and the set work on the boat is awesome. Graphics work by Firefly is good. The production values by SSC arts are grand.

Analysis: First half of the film is wonderful. I have the habit of taking a guess about the next scene whenever I watch a film. But in the first half of Godavari, I was so pleased with the film that I stopped guessing what’s next and started enjoying what is being presented on the screen. The tempo gets disturbed in the second half of the film with two episodes (baby delivery and elopement episodes). But director immediately gets back the film on track with nice explanation. On a whole, Godavari film is another Sekhar Kammula’s film with good sensibilities and emotions. ‘Godavari’ film is as good as ‘Anand’ if not better. Just go and take a plunge!

[/tscii:54538a7316]

andhrudu
[tscii:24365cde52]Godavari Review

Story

Sreeram (Sumanth) is a principled chap with an inclination towards politics. With an altruistic attitude he goes out of the way to help others. Seeta (Kamalinee Mukherjee) is a girl who does not want to confine to home and wants to live independently as an entrepreneur. Sreeram is seriously fascinated by his maradalu Raji (Neetu Chandra) and wants to marry her. But she feels that he is not her kind of guy. Raji’s parents settle her marriage with an IPS officer (Kamal Kamaraju). Seeta meets Sreeram and his relatives on their boat journey from Rajahmundry to Bhadrachalam. The rest of the story is all about how Sreeram and Seeta realize how perfect they are to each other.

Artists Performance

Sumanth: Sumanth is a revelation in this film. His histrionics in Godavari are just perfect. You don’t see Sumanth as an actor, but as a character in Godavari. Sumanth body language and screen presence got perfectly matched with that of Sreeram character.

Kamalinee Mukherjee: Kamalinee has given another wonderful performance as Seeta in Godavari. Seeta character is all about independent thinking and tremendous inner strength. Kamalinee rocks in this role with her intense yet cool portrayal. She oozes so much of sensuality (sexiness, to describe it rather bluntly) in ‘Andamga Lena’ song. No other film has such a strong female character after ‘Anand’ and she is sure to bag another award for her performance in Godavari. Sunitha’s dubbing for heroine’s character is terrific.

Others: Neetu Chandra is awesome in the role of a confused girl who changes her mind in split of second. Kamal Kamaraju is adequate as haughty IPS officer. Tanikella Bharani is good as usual. Performance of the little boy is tremendous. Kalyani is neat as food vendor. CVL Narasimha Rao is fair as the father of heroine. The old woman who did the role of bamma is pretty good.

Technical Departments:

Story - screenplay - dialogues - Direction: Story of the film revolves around a sensible love story. This film can be made in any backdrop like a road journey or a foreign trip. But the Godavari backdrop added a whole new perspective to the film and it enhanced the visual splendor. Direction of the film is very good. The main strength of Sekhar Kammula is his sensibility. He made sure that each and every scene is sensible and is done with a logical purpose. His characterization is very strong (with a bit of bias towards heroine character). Screenplay of the film is good. Sekhar used some stereo type screenplay techniques to resolve certain issues (like clearing of misunderstandings through a diary and a guy misbehaving with heroine to create marriage pressure in heroine’s house) in the film. Narration should have been bit faster. Dialogues of the film are perfect. Sekhar is also pretty strong in bringing emotions right. His voice given to the animated dog character is cool and the commentary of the dog is hilarious. There was bit of rawness in the taking of Anand film, but with Godavari Sekhar Kammula emerges as a professional director.

Music: Music by KM Radha Krishnan is very good. The background music is also good. Veturi’s lyrics are extraordinary. Sekhar Kammula’s canning of songs is excellent with apt choreography by Swarna. My personal favorites in the film are Andamga Lena, Uppengele Godavari and Manasa Vacha. ‘Rama Chakkani’ song is beautifully used as background music.

Other departments: Cinematography by Vijay C Kumar is excellent. He captured Godavari and Papi Kondalu in a gigantic scale. He also made sure that the visuals are aptly suited to the mood of the film. Editing work by Marthand K Venkatesh is superb. Artwork by Kishore Chowksi is good and the set work on the boat is awesome. Graphics work by Firefly is good. The production values by SSC arts are grand.

Analysis: First half of the film is wonderful. I have the habit of taking a guess about the next scene whenever I watch a film. But in the first half of Godavari, I was so pleased with the film that I stopped guessing what’s next and started enjoying what is being presented on the screen. The tempo gets disturbed in the second half of the film with two episodes (baby delivery and elopement episodes). But director immediately gets back the film on track with nice explanation. On a whole, Godavari film is another Sekhar Kammula’s film with good sensibilities and emotions. ‘Godavari’ film is as good as ‘Anand’ if not better. Just go and take a plunge!

[/tscii:24365cde52]

andhrudu
[tscii:9e718bea04]Godavari Review

Story

Artists Performance

Technical Departments:

[/tscii:9e718bea04]

andhrudu
22nd May 2006, 10:01 AM
Rajini moved by Ramadasu

Sri Ramadasu has completed 50 days run at the theatres on may 18th. The film completed this 50 days in more than 168 centres and what a landmark it is.

The film earned accolades and encomiums from politicians, spiritual people, common man and all making it truly a blessed movie. Now another admirer and fan of Nagrajuna is Rajinikant.

Recently he happened to see Sri Ramadau, a special screening was organised for him and the actor showered compliments on the entire unit. He had a special word of praise for Nagarjuna in particular and also Suman who is doing a villain's role in his film Sivaji.

andhrudu
26th May 2006, 07:40 AM
[tscii:af81e67f05]Nagarjuna completes 20 years

Nagarjuna’s first film ‘Vikram’ was released on 23rd May in 1986. Nagarjuna will be completed 20 years as an actor today. His first film Vikram was a commercial success and his forth film Majnu in the direction of Dasari brought him his second success. But it is Geetanjali that brought whole new perspective to Nagarjuna’s career. Geetanjali is like a one-time wonder by Mani Ratnam that will never be repeated in Indian film industry.

Then came Shiva which turned out to be the landmark in the career of Nagarjuna. Nagarjuna gave opportunity to Ram Gopal Varma and Shiva is made. Nagarjuna got tremendous recognition not only as an actor, but also as a producer. Shiva brought a revolution to Telugu cinema in terms of technique and narration. Shiva cast magic spell on Telugu film lovers with the sound and visuals.

President Gari Pellam, directed by A Kodandarami Reddy, took Nagarjuna close to the masses in B and C centers. Nagarjuna’s market in masses expanded in massive way with Allari Alludu and Hello Brother.

Srinu character in Ninne Pelladatha made Nagarjuna the darling of youth as well as family crowds. Nagarjuna’s instinct to make a film with Krishna Vamsi by looking at the rushes of Gulabi song turned to be the perfect one. He also introduced Sandeep Chowta as music director with this film.

Nagarjuna gave the master stroke with his ultimate performance as Annamacharya in Annamayya film. He bagged best actor award with his consummate histrionics. Annamayya created records at box office by running for 100 days in 42 centers.

He had a lull period after Anamayya and then delivered another huge blockbuster with the Nuvvu Vastavani – a remake of Tamil film. Nuvvu Vastavani too created many box office records by winning new genre of audiences to Nagarjuna.

Nagarjuna’s second innings started with Santosham film. Santosham turned out to be the musical blockbuster. His next venture Manmadhudu became the best romantic comedy in Nagarjuna’s career. His films Shivamani and Nenunnanu are runaway hits. He introduced choreographer Lawrence as director and delivered another mass blockbuster ‘Mass’. Mass turned out to be the biggest blockbuster in the career of Nagarjuna.

Nagarjuna’s latest devotional epic Sri Ramadasu became yet another blockbuster by running housefuls even after 50 days. Nagarjuna is sure to bag many awards with his outstanding performance as Telugu poet and devotee Sri Ramadasu.

Nagarjuna introduced many talented directors like Ram Gopal Varma, YVS Chowdary, Dasaradh, Lawrence etc.

Nagarjuna started his career under the shadow of the legendry actor ANR and today Nagarjuna is in a position where he is as good as ANR in histrionics. Nagarjuna is currently doing a romantic comedy and family drama in the direction of VN Aditya.

Idlebrain.com wishes Nagarjuna on accomplishing so many milestones and for producing path-breaking films in his illustrious career of 20 years. Long live Nagarjuna!

[/tscii:af81e67f05]

andhrudu
26th May 2006, 07:42 AM
[tscii:2c81f7a29a]Felicitation: Nagarjuna completes 20 years

Nagarjuna completed 20 years as an actor today. The producers of Nagarjuna organized a felicitation function in the preview theater of Prasad Labs in the leadership of K Raghavendra Rao. Incidentally 23rd May also happens to be the 63rd birthday of K Raghavendra Rao. This function is attended by ANR, D Rama Naidu, Mohan Babu, Sumanth, Amala, Aswini Dutt, Jayabheri Kishore, KL Narayana, Murali Mohan, Venkat Akkineni, Yarlagadda Surendra, Arjuna Raju, JK Bharavi, Puri Jagan, YVS Chowdary, Vakada Appa Rao, Paruchuri Gopala Krishna and Chalasani Ramesh.

K Raghavendra Rao strikes a balance between Art and Commerce - ANR
ANR said, “I used to observe K Raghavendra Rao and his brother attending school when we travel from T Nagar to Mylapur in Chennai. KS Prakasa Rao – father of K Raghavendra Rao – was one of the heroes of first generation of Telugu cinema. Later on he became the director, producer and studio owner. I used to like the films directed by KS Prakasa Rao. He did a realistic film titled ‘Kanna Talli’ with me. I feel that Kanna Talli is better made film than Devadasu. My wife loved K Raghavendra Rao’s second film Jyothi and recommended it to me. Later on K Raghavendra Rao shifted into commercial format. I used to feel bit uncomfortable looking at K Raghavendra Rao’s style of songs picturization where camera is focuses on the novel of the heroine. I expressed my concern about the same to K Raghavendra Rao and he justified it by saying that he would make films that bring money to the producer by keeping his personal preferences aside. K Raghavendra Rao learnt this lesson from his father who did only realistic films without bothering about commercial elements. K Raghavendra Rao is a fine example of the filmmaker who strikes a balance between art and commerce. He made classic devotional films like Annamayya and Sri Ramadasu with Nagarjuna. I wish that he would make Kalidasu film with Nagarjuna soon.”

Nagarjuna has become full fledged artist with Sri Ramadasu - ANR
ANR also added, “I noticed ease in Nagarjuna’s performance for the first time in ‘Hello Brother’ film. With Sri Ramadasu, Nagarjuna proved himself to be full-fledged artist. Nagarjuna did well in the extended climax of Sri Ramadasu film.”

Nagarjuna has global features in his appearance – Mohan Babu
MAA President Mohan Babu said, “Nagarjuna is my friend and well-wisher. ANR commented about junta’s comment about Nagarjuna having features of North Indian guy. I do proudly say that Nagarjuna has global features in him. Nagarjuna has a very good helping nature. He accepted to do a guest role in Adhipati film even without knowing what the character is. He also gave me good conduct certificate when certain heroines expressed their concern to work with me in the past.”

Nagarjuna is my favorite hero – C Aswini Dutt
Producer C Aswini Dutt said, “Nagarjuna is my favorite hero. K Raghavendra Rao should continue making films and should complete 200 films soon.”

I will produce Jesus with Nagarjuna and K Raghavendra Rao – Murali Mohan
Murali Mohan said, “I had my first make-up test in Chennai with KS Prakasa Rao (father of K Raghavendra Rao). I did a guest role in K Raghavendra Rao’s first directorial venture Babu. I did hero role in K Raghavendra Rao’s second film Jyothy. We did three films with Nagarjuna as hero. I am willing to produce a film on Jesus if K Raghavendra Rao and Nagarjuna are willing to work for it.”

Nagarjuna stood behind me during the time of crisis – KL Narayana
In an emotional way, KL Narayana said, “I met Nagarjuna for the first time in 1990. I produced two good films with Nagarjuna as hero. I remember the pre-release phase of Hello Brother. Nagarjuna was traveling to abroad during the release time. He called me and assured me not to worry. He did not even take the remaining part of the payment for Hello Brother. He stood behind me during the time of crisis and I would never forget it. Nagarjuna is not only a good friend, but also a good human being.”

Story writer JK Bharavi expressed his wish to write script for ANR and Sumanth as Rama Krishna Paramahamsa and Vivekananda respectively.

Nagarjuna acts as guiding light for us – Sumanth
Actor Sumanth said, “Nagarjuna is the only trendsetter and he has many milestones in his career. All actors from young generation take Nagarjuna as guiding light.”

My fans stood like a steady rock with me - Nagarjuna

Thanking everybody Nagarjuna said, “I completed 20 years in film industry and worked in 75 films. Everybody is talking about Annamayya and Sri Ramadasu now. When I came back from USA after completing engineering, it was my brother Venkat who suggested me to act in films. I hesitantly let my intention known to my father. He also encouraged me. I would like to bow before all my producers and my directors who encouraged me. My fans stood like a steady rock with me through thick and thin times. I am never alone when I have such fans like them. As an actor, I am very emotional and sensitive. It is Amala who greets me with a smiling face whenever I go home. Thanks to her. Everybody in Telugu film industry is a well wisher of me. Telugu film industry is a corruption free industry. People watch films only if the film is good. Only talent stands out here, not the family lineage or the money. I am really proud to be a part of Telugu film industry.”

Suma anchored this event. A small presentation prepared by K Raghavendra Rao on the career on Nagarjuna was screened in the beginning of the function. Nagarjuna, YVS Chowdary and K Raghavendra Rao celebrated this moment by cutting cakes.

for photos

http://idlebrain.com/news/functions/nagarjuna-20years.html[/tscii:2c81f7a29a]

Ramakrishna
29th May 2006, 08:35 PM
Who is the MD for Chiranjeevi's Stalin?

Raikkonen
29th May 2006, 08:36 PM
Harris Jayraj

Ramakrishna
29th May 2006, 08:39 PM
Harris Jayraj

source :roll:

Raikkonen
29th May 2006, 08:47 PM
Prabhas doing the remake of Sivakasi?
26th May 2006

Earlier it was in the news that Pawan Kalyan is doing the remakes of Thirupachi and Sivakasi (both starring Vijay). Thirupachi remake Annavaram is already in production. However, plans seem to have changed about Sivakasi. It is recently learnt that Prabhas will star in the film that will be based on Sivakasi. Mega producer AM Ratnam will produce this film in Telugu.

alwarpet_andavan
8th June 2006, 07:30 PM
SSOOOOOPPPERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.silverscreen.in/2006/06/08/everyone-do-the-stomp-and-point/

ajithfederer
8th June 2006, 07:36 PM
aaandavarae.......u r very late...... :lol:

alwarpet_andavan
8th June 2006, 07:38 PM
AF,

Ahaa.... mudhallaye pottuptaingala????

ajithfederer
8th June 2006, 07:46 PM
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=6688

Ippidi oru super thread namma hubla irukarathu ungalukku theriathaa........ :lol:

AF,

Ahaa.... mudhallaye pottuptaingala????

alwarpet_andavan
8th June 2006, 07:48 PM
AF,

Theriyadhe pa :(
Great find BTW, thanks :)

And why only Captain vs Balayya??? Namma side la neraya kaivasam irukke :?:

villan007
8th June 2006, 07:50 PM
AF,

Theriyadhe pa :(
Great find BTW, thanks :)

And why only Captain vs Balayya??? Namma side la neraya kaivasam irukke :?:

Balayya is better in this aspect :D

oru padathula kOzhi poi rowdy ngala kollumam :lol:

andhrudu
17th June 2006, 10:53 PM
The following are the six films that have stood in the first league in collections between june 9 and june 15th.

1)Pokiri...49 days...sensational hit...running house full...must see for Mahesh, Puri's dialogues and screenplay and ignore vulgarity and violence.

2)Godavari....28 days...success....strong in A centres...good presentation and has a feel good factor...ignore dragging narration.

3)Sri Ramadasu..78 days...super hit...picking up in B and C and steady in A centres
Must watch for devotional subject, Nagarjuna's performance and Keeravani's music. Ignore confusion in the beginning.

4)Bangaram...43 days...average...smooth run and decent collections in areas other than Nizam and ceded.

5)Pandem Kodi...28 days....average...rising collections everywhere...assets are screenplay, action and Meera Jasmine's performance...drawback is the music and being a dubbed film.

6)Kitakitalu...41 days...success...gave the producer a reason to smile....must see for comedy and publicity...minus is screenplay and story

Alien
17th June 2006, 11:21 PM

Ayyo intha comedy-i ippa thaan naan paarkirEn :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
What lamo-s !!!!!

andhrudu
27th June 2006, 08:39 AM
The following occupy top six places in terms of collections between june 15 and june 22.

1)Pokiri...running 56 days now..sensational hit..dont miss it.

2)Godavari.. 35 days...success...collections good only on weekends.

3)Sri Ramadasu....85 days...Super Hit...rise in collections in B and C centres because of Vijayayatras. Media publicity needs to be pepped up.

4)Pandem Kodi...35 days...average...going strong in mass centres. Screenplay, fights and meera Jasmine are must mention. Songa are a bore.

5)Maha...7 days...fail....got good openings but slided since monday...plus point is music and scenes pertaining to the youth. Screenplay is slow.

6)Sri Krishna 2006...21 days...below average....collections okay but not that great to make it a success. Brahmanandam's comedy is a must watch. Story, screenplay is a drawback.

andhrudu
24th October 2006, 06:13 AM
[tscii:a2bb715c3d]Box Office Top Five
Updated: 10-22-2006

1)Bommarillu…70days…super hit…collections good despite ten weeks.
Plus is story, screenplay and music.
Minus..Nothing worth talking about for B abd C audience.

2)Stalin…31 days..average…collections have dipped in the fourth week. Chiranjeevi and the help chain element is a big draw, routine screenplay is a minus.

3)Pogaru..8 days..average…good openings but talk is weak. Action episodes and Shriya Reddy character is a big plus. Story is old and so is narration.

4)Boss…22 days…flop…first flop for Nagarjuna after four years. Comedy in the first half and Nagarjuna’s and Nayantara’s performance.

5)Andala Ramudu..64 days…hit…collections dipped after fifty days. Sunil’s dance and performance a must see. Story and narration is old as history.

[/tscii:a2bb715c3d]

raaja_rasigan
29th October 2006, 09:14 PM

What lamo-s !!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ramakrishna
2nd December 2006, 04:41 PM
[tscii:d72441ba49] Sainikudu

Movie
Sainikudu
Director
Gunashekar
Producer
Ashwini Dutt
Music
Harris Jayaraj
Cast
Mahesh Babu, Trisha, Irfan Khan, Prakash Raj
Post Your Review
By Moviebuzz
Wanted desperately: A story!

Sainikudu is a perfect example of what goes wrong with big-budget movies with huge hype and hoopla. Gunashekar and Mahesh Babu, the highly successful director-hero duo fails to have the most fundamental element - A script, which has been completely ignored and the screenplay is embarrassingly amateurish.

It is nowhere in the league of Gunashekar’s previous films. It starts with a bang but moves at snail pace and falters in the end. Gunashekar who had discovered new way of projecting heroism (through subtle performance laced with high-voltage action) has failed miserably this time in narrating a wafer-thin story. The plot is nothing new and we have already seen the same premise in Mani Ratnam’s Yuva. But he puts in another backdrop – flood situations and has also taken the heroine falling in love with the hero from Runaway Bride.

Siddardha (Mahesh Babu) studies in Osmania University. Floods hit Warangal and along with his friends, he saves the villagers. Government sanctions funds for flood relief but politician Pappu Yadav (Irfan Khan) diverts them. In the ensuing by-elections, he wins and becomes the Home Minister! Knowing this, Siddardha kidnaps his bride Varalakshmi (Trisha) on his wedding day. He demands Pappu Yadav to give back the funds to the villagers and build houses for them to get back his bride. Meanwhile, love blossoms between Varalakshmi and Siddardha. How Siddardha brings the change in political system and teaches lesson to Pappu Yadav forms of the rest of this boring yarn!

The major problem with Sainikudu is the characterization of Mahesh Babu. He wants to bring revolution in political system by infusing youth blood but ironically the antagonist is also youth. And the rivalry and war between Mahesh and Irfan Khan defy the logic. With Pokiri, Mahesh has brought realism to the action sequences but in Sainikudu it is the opposite – formulaic without any logic.

Its hard to believe and defies logic that a Home Minister of a state cannot take on a single guy with no political connections. Too many clichéd characters (Trisha as 6th standard failed village belle and Irfan Khan as corrupt politician), predictable situations and unbelievable action scenes make it a torture. The cardboard sets, song placements and picturisation are a big let down and the much publicized “technically superior film” is actually tacky! At a time when Dhoom-2 and Don has world class DI, here the outcome is amateurish.

There is only one thing that might lure you into this mindless film. It is the awesome screen presence of Mahesh Babu who holds the film together. He is one of those rare actors who is not only abundantly talented and is simply, the heart, soul and spirit of Sainikudu. Trisha does her village belle act to perfection and her comedy scenes with Mahesh area welcome relief. A fine actor like Irfan Khan has been reduced to a buffoon. Prakash Raj is just okay.

The camera of Balasubramaniam is topnotch. Harris Jayaraj’s seems to be inspired this time though Orugilla Pilla… is the pick of the album. But Peter Haines stunts follow the same pattern of what he did in Aparichitudu and makes the audiences laugh seeing the absurdities of it! Sreekar Prasad must have fallen asleep while editing this film, as the film needs urgent trimming. Totally devoid of any original snatches of writing, Parchuri Brothers dialogues make the film plod.

On the whole, Sainikudu turns out to be a not-so-wonderful experience, after all that hype.

Verdict: Disappointing [/tscii:d72441ba49]

Ramakrishna
2nd December 2006, 04:42 PM
[tscii:6e29604c3b]`Sainikudu`- A flop?
By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 02 December , 2006, 09:20
The much-hyped Mahesh Babu's Sainikudu lost its steam on the very first day of its release. The unanimous talk in the trade is that the film is going to be an epic disaster at the box-office.

The film ran into troubles a day before its release as the prints could not reach many parts of the state. On November 30 th, it opened only in few centers with morning show. In rest of the state the film began showing from Friday (Dec 1).

SMS messages were dong the rounds that Sainikudu is pain to watch!Even die-hard Mahesh Babu fans are not enjoying the film. Disappointed with the film, some of his fans set the screen on fire in Nizambad, a prominent town in Nizam!

On Friday, Mahesh Babu's statewide president Diddi Rambabu openly criticized producer Ashwini Dutt for the failure of the film and blamed him for the entire fiasco.

Though the film took a great opening, the bad word-of-mouth is sure to have an adverse effect on collections. The trade feels that the film is likely to collapse by Monday!

In Chennai, considered to be a Mahesh Babu fortress, the film has fallen. It released in three Chennai screens and Jayaprada where Mahesh's Pokiri ran for 175 days, the ticket rate was as high as Rs 150! But by Friday noon, tickets were available in all releasing theatres!

Trade pundits say that Sainikudu is a disaster, just like Naani in Mahesh Babu’s career! [/tscii:6e29604c3b]

nikki934
13th January 2007, 09:05 PM
110 kg Angel ah?

nayantara is in the remake of jogi with prabhas. :P

nikki934
110 kg Angel ah?

nikki934
110 kg Angel ah?

thimuru
14th January 2007, 11:41 AM

What lamo-s !!!!!

the link dont work :roll:

Raikkonen
20th April 2007, 08:48 AM