PDA

View Full Version : IR's one man show

S.Balaji
27th April 2006, 03:05 PM
Dear Friends,

IR - Live One Man show organised by Lakshman Shruti was a great success with lots of musical entertainment only and only Maestro.

If I am right, there would have been 15000 strong crowd in Wesley Ground.
(He came at 7.20 PM and starting singing Janani Janani and ended singing at 10.55 PM i.e 3.30 hrs of non stop singing only by IR and in some songs with female singers and chorus) Abaswaram Ramji Compered the show.

I am enclosing below the list of songs sung by our music king-Maestro. (It is in order)

jananj janani - Only IR
amudhey tamizhe azakiye - IR and Bhavatarani
idayam oru koil - Only IR (This is first song IR wrote as per his records)
adi aatadhi - IR and Sadhana Sargam
sorgame endraley - Only IR (IR changed the lyric to match today's tamizhakam)
indha maan unthan - IR and Swarnalatha
raaja raajathi rajan inda
kaadal oviyum paadum kaviyam (IR and Swarnalatha or Sadhanan-confirm)
thenpandi cheemayile
naan thedum sevanthi poo ithu ( IR and Mathangi)
ennai thalata varuvalo
ilamai enum poongatru ( IR, actual song in film was sung by SPB)
antha nilavatan (IR and uma ramanan)
maanguyile poonguiyle (IR and Matangi)
*********muthulinga
thendral vandu (IR and Sadhana Sargam)
kannan oru kai kuzhandai -Film Badrakali (IR and uma ramanan)
katril varum geethamee (IR,Bhavatarani,Sadhana)
maanjolai kilihona (IR, said he did lot of practice for this song to sing well)
anna killi*** (As requested by audiance, he sung this song without any rehersal)
nila athu vaanu mela (IR,bhavatharani)
orambo orambo (IR and Chorus)
veetuku veedu (IR)
en mana vazhvil sirai (IR
en thayuya enum koileye (IR)

Furhter on request from audiance, he sang few lines from songs

Idhu Mounamana neram ( Sung in Telugu from film saagara sangamam)
Naadan En Jeevaney

Before IR appeared on stage at 7.20 PM, Bhavatarani started a song from Geethanjali Album - Ennakorun Annai at 6.50 PM and then a chorous song by Lakshma Shruti group - Kaamakshi .. (Geethanjali Album).

Lakshman shruti group also sang the song Poovara Sennni Mannan from Thiruvasakam (It was a good attempt) and then just before IR came, group of children aged around 5-6 (probably from Abaswaram Ramji's school) recited slokas.

When IR came to stage, there were lot of Vaana Vedikay(Crackers in air) and then our Maestro started with Sivastatyadi bhavadi... (janani janani song)

He also spoke on Kavingar Kannadasan, how fast he writes lyrics,R.D.Burman,etc and he was also joking a lot.

The Crowd really enjoyed the show and it was worth a show on this Summer sunday evening.

Hope I had been able to give some details on the show.

It will be telecast in RAJ TV very soon.

kj
27th April 2006, 05:36 PM
balaji could you please write what IR talked about RDBurman. Just curious. Thanx KJ

S.Balaji
27th April 2006, 05:41 PM
Extremely sorry. There is already a thread for this !!

Moderators pls merge this with the earlier one

alwarpet_andavan
27th April 2006, 06:11 PM
Balaji,
the singer was not Mathangi, she was Manjari
And IR talked about Sachin, not R.D Burman....

S.Balaji
27th April 2006, 06:13 PM
Yes I stand corrected. He spoke of SDB only

umaramesh
2nd May 2006, 01:35 PM
Hi
i saw this programme yesterday in RAJ TV. Remarks from IR about KANNADASAN before singing ILLAMAYNEVUM POONGATTRU.

" NO ONE LIKE KANNADASAN IN THE WORLD. I MET HIM DURING "POONKKU THANGA MANASU" RECORDING. PEOPLE WILL GET IRRIATED THE WAY KANNADASAN BEHAVE DURING SONGS COMPOSISTION(USE TO SMOKE LOT AND OFTEN SPLITS IN THE CIGAR TRAY)WILL NOT LISTEN CONTINOUSLY.

GKV told the song sequence and started giving his tune.
Sequence is rented housewhere hero&heroine singing and rain started pouring. KANNADASN all of a sudden asking GKV to repeat the tune again and just telling THEN SINDHUTHEY VANAM asking agin the tune UNNIYE ENNIYE THALATUTHEY. and finsihed everthing in fiftenn minutes time. For the same siutation kannada writer took more than a week.

IR again met KANNADASAN in THYAGAM MOVIE in VASSANTHA KALA KOLANGAL. IR just started singing the tune and instantly he got the lyrics.

While answering Muthulingam reuest to change the MUTHAI THIRU TUNE IR politely refuse to change it and praised TMS singing and the tune. finally obliged. here he recollected how MSV used same SANDHAM for POONAL POOGATUUM/PESUVATHU KILLIYAA/MAMBAZTHU VANDU.

After singing ILLAMAIL ENNUM POONGATRU . while acknowledging crowd applause IR said 'HOPE I SANG CORRECTLY . SPB DID GOOD JOB. but I must acknowledge yur greeting as a composer who taught SPB .

He mentioned about SDB and what are all the question he wil ask before composing like looks of heroine dress/ornaments etc.
He told SADHANNA SARGAM to sing that song and pointed out how SDB brings all these in particular song.

Can anyone write about ILLAMAI ENNUM POONGATRU composistion ?
I think . EVER GREEN COMPOSISTION FROM IR.

IR able to sing perfectly (what I meant is without changing words and not deviating from origingal ).
:clap: BIG SALUTE TO IR.

ramesh

regards

RR
2nd May 2006, 02:56 PM
Balaji & Ramesh,

Cannot merge. Could you repost here?

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=6629