PDA

View Full Version : Rang De Basanti in Tamil

slperson1
4th May 2006, 07:44 PM
[tscii:fdb9d85845]Now ‘Rang De Basanti’ in Tamil, Telugu
By Taran Adarsh, May 4, 2006 - 06:19 IST

Another scoop… again on IndiaFM.

UTV is planning to dub the blockbuster hit RANG DE BASANTI in Tamil and Telugu languages. The production house is expecting to incur an expense of approx. Rs. 1.5 crores for it. Meanwhile, KRRISH will be released in Tamil and Telugu versions along with the Hindi version in June. The South territory is indeed getting hot!

http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/05/04/7077/index.html[/tscii:fdb9d85845]

dinesh2002
4th May 2006, 08:12 PM
cool!!!!! cant wait to listen Tu Bin Bathaye in tamil!!! :D:D:D

narayanan
4th May 2006, 08:32 PM
dinesh,
usually have'nt felt ARR songs dubbed to a different language is all that good. maybe i like it so much in their originals that it feels more like 'Fill in the blanks' in the dubbed version :roll: :roll:
~~~~
are there any audiences for Tamil dubbed Hindi movies ?

lancelot
4th May 2006, 08:38 PM
cool!!!!! cant wait to listen Tu Bin Bathaye in tamil!!! :D:D:D

i was thinking the same thing....

hehe
:D

slperson1
4th May 2006, 08:59 PM
Most people loved Desam & Thaalam so i don't think there are really any fill in the blank feeling if the lyricist in the dubbed language does a good job.and a movie like rang de basanti doesnt have language barriers.

dinesh,
usually have'nt felt ARR songs dubbed to a different language is all that good. maybe i like it so much in their originals that it feels more like 'Fill in the blanks' in the dubbed version :roll: :roll:
~~~~
are there any audiences for Tamil dubbed Hindi movies ?

narayanan
4th May 2006, 09:03 PM
hmm...guess am the only person who feels that way maybe :roll:

rsubras
4th May 2006, 10:53 PM
narayanan infact i loved Uyire songs more than the Dilse songs (except of course for the Dil se re...)

Vairamuthu apadiye pinni eduthiruppar Dilse songs ah... The only hindi songs that were damp squib in tamil was Rangeela :)

Even Desam songs were very good.... Very apt lyrics.. (except for Yeh tara woh tara..where vairamuthu i think brought in his affection for the party thee na na mu na na ka na na )

For Tamil RDB i am looking for Rahman's voice in Lukka chuppi :) as much as the music stirred my soul, i dont know the meaning of what he was singing

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 11:07 PM
This is a fake news

narayanan
4th May 2006, 11:25 PM
subras,
I listened to Dil Se first and liked it way too much. Except for Poongatrile did'nt like the others. thats the way my taste works what could I do :(

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 11:28 PM
In Swades, Yeh jo des hai tera song was better to be listened in tamil than in hindi

dinesh2002
4th May 2006, 11:41 PM
subras,
I listened to Dil Se first and liked it way too much. Except for Poongatrile did'nt like the others. thats the way my taste works what could I do :(

Uyire was much much beter....esp thaiya thaiya,nenjinile & poongatrile.... easy comparison....listen to how Lata ends Jiya Jale...and listen to how Janaki ends Nenjinile..the way Janaki end it just blends well with the ending,whre else Jiya Jale was hanging on the air....ofcource i know taht particular bit [jiya jale's ending] was a spontaneous recording by ARR & Lata...it was a great try but Nenjinile is def way ahead!!

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 11:44 PM
Uyire movie was also slightly better in tamil than in hindi.

svaisn
5th May 2006, 04:22 AM
narayanan infact i loved Uyire songs more than the Dilse songs (except of course for the Dil se re...)

Vairamuthu apadiye pinni eduthiruppar Dilse songs ah... The only hindi songs that were damp squib in tamil was Rangeela :)

Even Desam songs were very good.... Very apt lyrics.. (except for Yeh tara woh tara..where vairamuthu i think brought in his affection for the party thee na na mu na na ka na na )

For Tamil RDB i am looking for Rahman's voice in Lukka chuppi :) as much as the music stirred my soul, i dont know the meaning of what he was singing
Desam

was by vaali right??

slperson1
5th May 2006, 06:31 AM
Desam was by vaali

rsubras
5th May 2006, 10:51 AM
:) narayanan opinion differs...

when i first heard dilse and hooked to the songs, i thought it could not get better...and was very skeptical about hearing Uyire songs after having listened how the super hit song rangeela re got killed in its dubbed version.... but Uyire proved it wrong.... probably the first time when the dubbed version was better than the original one :)

lyrics wise it was way too good...... like in Kaneere (Dil se re) song in the 2nd saranam

"unnodu nan konda bandham,
mannodu mazhai konda sontham..
kainthaalum adi eeram thangum..thangum...kanne kanne"

chance eh ila :) oru simple scientific thathuvathu enna azhaga poetic aaki athaiyum oru dubbed music ku etha maathiri podarathu simply superb

IMHO, Vairamuthu was at his lyrical best in Uyire

dinesh2002
5th May 2006, 01:31 PM
:) narayanan opinion differs...

when i first heard dilse and hooked to the songs, i thought it could not get better...and was very skeptical about hearing Uyire songs after having listened how the super hit song rangeela re got killed in its dubbed version.... but Uyire proved it wrong.... probably the first time when the dubbed version was better than the original one :)

lyrics wise it was way too good...... like in Kaneere (Dil se re) song in the 2nd saranam

"unnodu nan konda bandham,
mannodu mazhai konda sontham..
kainthaalum adi eeram thangum..thangum...kanne kanne"

chance eh ila :) oru simple scientific thathuvathu enna azhaga poetic aaki athaiyum oru dubbed music ku etha maathiri podarathu simply superb

IMHO, Vairamuthu was at his lyrical best in Uyire

same here!!! :wave: even his Taalam was far better than Taal...esp Vaa Manava,Thalathil,Kadhal Illamal...those were just made for those tamil lyrics....i will never doubt Vairamuthu-ARR even for a Dubb album....the only thing which will be a minus point that it wont sync well with the picturisation :lol: Vaali on the other hand actually made Desam picturisation fit well for the tamil songs....hats off to him on that department....[ps,where to get desam video songs online??? coz all i did was downloaded swades video,removed the hindi audio & insert the tamil audio...the words was just perfect for the lip movement...esp Kaaveriya...]

Plum
5th May 2006, 03:44 PM
I was wondering how "Saanwariya Saanwariya" would sound in Tamil - I always marked it in my head as "Will you die? Will you die?(Saavariya?Saavariya?" :-)

dinesh2002
5th May 2006, 04:19 PM
I was wondering how "Saanwariya Saanwariya" would sound in Tamil - I always marked it in my head as "Will you die? Will you die?(Saavariya?Saavariya?" :-)

u never listen to the tamil version???? its " Kaaveriya Kaaveriya..Manathukkul Payuriya..."

come on...y would she sing "Would u die,Would u die" when she wanna unite with him????? :lol: :lol:

Ramakrishna
5th May 2006, 06:14 PM
I was just watching Mani sir's Yuva.The Nenjamellaam song in hindi sounds so sick.Actually the lyrics do not fit into the music.The lyrics have spoiled the tune.But in tamil, the song is breathtaking.The lyrics and the tune match perfectly

rayan36
5th May 2006, 07:24 PM
The only hindi songs that were damp squib in tamil was Rangeela :)

I kinda liked it.......esp Kamban Shelly n Aiyaiyo Kanava

isaiyil_ivan
11th July 2006, 11:16 PM
what's it called in thamizh...VaNNam thaa Vasanthi?

Dragun
12th July 2006, 04:53 AM
Manjal Color-a Podu :P