PDA

View Full Version : 7. azhagu nilave (Pavithra)

Oldposts
12th December 2004, 03:46 PM
Next pick

http://tfmpage.com/cgi-bin/stream.pl?url=http://tfmpage.com/songs/azhagu.rm

Song: azhagu nilave
Film: Pavithra
Lyrics: Pulamaipithan
MD : ARRahman

-I came across this sweet lullaby only 2 yrs back. I have seen this film on tv but i do not remember watching this song.
"azhagu nilave" is a slow melody(like most of ARRs melodies) beautifully sung by Chitra. Her voice is full of emotion.
-Pavithra had Radhika, Nasser,Ajit and swathi(??).Manobala was the director.
Other songs- 'uyirum neeye' by UK(who bagged his national award for this song along with 'ennavaLe') ,
'sevvanam chinna pen soodum'(Pallavi, Mano),
'mottu vittadhaa'(Swarnalatha),
'eechampazham'(??)(TLM, chitra)

Oldposts
great song ramki.. KSC ippadi oru song paadi evlo varushamachu :(..
The instrumental piece of this song is used as the BGM for pudhiya mugam..So I guess Rahman had this song already composed but was waiting for the right opportunity to use it.. eechampazham (coimbatore maan kutty) is by Shahul hameed.. I was thinking Lyrics was by VM till now..

Oldposts
It's a great song. I never heard this song until I watched sapthawarangaL programme. Then after I was looking for this song, and I could not find it in anystore :(

the original version of 'sevaanam chinna peN' was in MalayaaLam, sung by KJY and Sujatha. That was far better than the tamil version.

Oldposts
Very true T. IMO, KSC has not sung any good song after 'KKKK'. Thanks for the correction on SH.
I think that song was for Senthil and Kovai saraLa(not sure though)

Marsian, i thought the original sevvanam was sung by KSC and KJY

Oldposts
ramki, it was vadivelu and sarala..(I went thro the pain of watching that song once :( )
There is one more good song in manitha manitha by mano which is not that famous..

Oldposts
I thought Pavithra was directed by Vasanth...

Oldposts
surya, pavithra was directed by k. Subash

Oldposts
An unconfirmed source told me that Radhika sings this song for Ajith after her misconceptions are cleared.

Sounds like 'thendrale thendrale' (kaadhal desam), another lullaby, was kind of rehash of this.

Ramki: Keerthana was Ajith's jodi. As for KSC, I liked 'ithu thanaa' (saamy). Good lyrics by thaamarai. Traces of 'enge enadhu kavidhai' were there :)), but this one was a happier Sindhu bairavi.

Oldposts
the best part abt azhagu nilavu IMO is that ARR has used something like 6 or 7 tracks only...yet the melody is so good.
and i thought the lyrics was by VM!!

narayanan
11th January 2005, 06:13 AM
lovely song...i did see this movie once on sun tv. it is the last movie which ajith acted before his loooong break to acting. he acts as a terminal patient and radhika as a nurse.

this song(if i remember right!) just comes as a background song in the climax when radhika holds the adopted child after ajith dies.

as for KJY..he did sing in "Iravu Pagalai Theda" in "Kannukul Nilavu".

I guess he does have a more recent song. I dont remember it though :(

Ravi_odiyur
15th February 2005, 12:16 PM
For some reason, I feel the same tempo/mood when I listen to the song "Chinnajiru Kiliyae" from Kannukkul Nilavu. I don't know if the song features in the movie but this is a beautiful lullaby - sure to melt any heart! Again, beautiful rendition by Chithra with the right emotion, volume.