PDA

View Full Version : High Jump-ARR-MR-AK

rayan36
19th June 2006, 12:23 PM
High Jump

High Jump is a forthcoming film to be directed by Mani Ratnam starring Aamir Khan in the lead role. The film is being produced by Mani Ratnam and Bobby Bedi. The film's score and soundtrack will be composed by A.R. Rahman with lyrics by Gulzar. Cinematography for the movie is handled by Rajiv Menon, who is currently working with Ratnam in his current directorial venture, Guru.

The movie has been said to be a romantic comedy. The film is expected to go on floors in the month of October 2006. The film is slated for a 2007 release.

Cast
Aamir Khan
Vidya Balan

Crew
Director: Mani Ratnam
Screenplay: Mani Ratnam
Story: Mani Ratnam
Dialogue: Anurag Kashyap
Producers: Mani Ratnam & Bobby Bedi
Music: A.R. Rahman
Cinematography: Rajiv Menon
Choreography: Farah Khan
Lyrics: Gulzar

This film will see Aamir Khan in a comic role after films like Andaaz Apna Apna & Ishq. This is the first time Mani Ratnam is ever working with Aamir Khan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Jump_%28film%29

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Scale
19th June 2006, 12:40 PM
egiri kuthithen vaanam idithadhu ...alle alle (guitar prelude continues) :lol2:

svaisn
19th June 2006, 06:11 PM
How trus is this info;....

lets not create any movie thread until it is declared in press.....

Actually we are creating our own trouble...... if the movie is dropped or if ARR is replaced....

rayan36
20th June 2006, 12:00 PM
[tscii:da3aaabd2f]Aamir teams up with Mani Ratnam
By Taran Adarsh, March 25, 2006 - 23:05 IST

Aamir Khan has never had it so good! The reticent actor, who lets his work speak for himself, has just delivered a super-success in RANG DE BASANTI. Agreed, Aamir has been a part of many a successful film in the past, but RANG DE BASANTI is his biggest grosser to date. Obviously, he has reasons to feel euphoric.

“Yes, I am thrilled with the success,” a cheerful Aamir tells me. The supremely talented actor had gone off press after MANGAL PANDEY and now that RANG DE BASANTI has hit the bull’s eye, his belief in letting the work speak for itself has only strengthened. “My reasons for staying away [from the media] were strictly professional. The media is supposed to be the watchdog, guiding and enlightening the nation all the while, but look at what it has stooped to these days? Sensationalism has taken over completely,” he sounds concerned.

Back to RANG DE BASANTI. It’s indeed surprising that the actor hasn’t teamed up with Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra again. Generally, in Bollywood, a successful film only cements the relationship between two professionals. “He [Mehra] feels the script of his new film doesn’t suit me. In fact, he was toying with the idea of making this script during RANG DE BASANTI itself and it was understood that I wouldn’t be a part of it,” the soft-spoken actor divulges.

Not that there are dearth of offers for Aamir. Now that FANAH is complete [“I haven’t seen the film,” says Aamir], he’s ready to start work on two films. And, coincidentally, both the projects will be directed by South-based directors.

The announcement that’s bound to create ripples is that of Mani Ratnam and Aamir teaming up for a film. Yes, Mani has signed Aamir for his forthcoming project that’s expected to roll in October this year. “We were keen to work with one another for a long time. In fact, he had approached me earlier too, but things didn’t work out. However, it’s happening finally,” he smiles.

Unlike Mani’s last few films, this will be a one-language film, to be made in Hindi only. “I can’t speak Tamil,” Aamir states, “Right now, Mani hasn’t finalized anyone else. Not even the leading lady. All I know is that I have allotted dates from October onwards.”

The second project Aamir has given his confirmation to is the remake of the Tamil hit GHAJINI. “It’s the first time I am acting in a Tamil remake and I am pretty excited about it. It’s not one of those typical masala films imported in Bollywood. There’s solid substance in this one,” Aamir enthuses. The director of the Tamil film, Murugadoss, will direct the Hindi version as well, the actor adds.

http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/03/25/6878/index.html[/tscii:da3aaabd2f]

rayan36
20th June 2006, 12:00 PM
[tscii:a5fecd27ea]Aamir teams up with Mani Ratnam
By Taran Adarsh, March 25, 2006 - 23:05 IST

Aamir Khan has never had it so good! The reticent actor, who lets his work speak for himself, has just delivered a super-success in RANG DE BASANTI. Agreed, Aamir has been a part of many a successful film in the past, but RANG DE BASANTI is his biggest grosser to date. Obviously, he has reasons to feel euphoric.

“Yes, I am thrilled with the success,” a cheerful Aamir tells me. The supremely talented actor had gone off press after MANGAL PANDEY and now that RANG DE BASANTI has hit the bull’s eye, his belief in letting the work speak for itself has only strengthened. “My reasons for staying away [from the media] were strictly professional. The media is supposed to be the watchdog, guiding and enlightening the nation all the while, but look at what it has stooped to these days? Sensationalism has taken over completely,” he sounds concerned.

Back to RANG DE BASANTI. It’s indeed surprising that the actor hasn’t teamed up with Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra again. Generally, in Bollywood, a successful film only cements the relationship between two professionals. “He [Mehra] feels the script of his new film doesn’t suit me. In fact, he was toying with the idea of making this script during RANG DE BASANTI itself and it was understood that I wouldn’t be a part of it,” the soft-spoken actor divulges.

Not that there are dearth of offers for Aamir. Now that FANAH is complete [“I haven’t seen the film,” says Aamir], he’s ready to start work on two films. And, coincidentally, both the projects will be directed by South-based directors.

The announcement that’s bound to create ripples is that of Mani Ratnam and Aamir teaming up for a film. Yes, Mani has signed Aamir for his forthcoming project that’s expected to roll in October this year. “We were keen to work with one another for a long time. In fact, he had approached me earlier too, but things didn’t work out. However, it’s happening finally,” he smiles.

Unlike Mani’s last few films, this will be a one-language film, to be made in Hindi only. “I can’t speak Tamil,” Aamir states, “Right now, Mani hasn’t finalized anyone else. Not even the leading lady. All I know is that I have allotted dates from October onwards.”

The second project Aamir has given his confirmation to is the remake of the Tamil hit GHAJINI. “It’s the first time I am acting in a Tamil remake and I am pretty excited about it. It’s not one of those typical masala films imported in Bollywood. There’s solid substance in this one,” Aamir enthuses. The director of the Tamil film, Murugadoss, will direct the Hindi version as well, the actor adds.

http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/03/25/6878/index.html[/tscii:a5fecd27ea]

rayan36
30th June 2006, 10:34 AM
[tscii:419a124eb2]Well, Karthik here's another promising site that stated about the movie

:wink:
Aamir Khan’s High Jump with Manirathnam!! June 29, 2006

Aamir Khan has been having a good time in the past year. He had spent nearly three years after his last release before Mangal Pandey. Then, RDB and Fanaa followed in quick succession. All the three films established his stature as a bankable star with great versatility.

Aamir has been saying of late that he is interested in meaty and substantive roles and that he does not mind doing remakes. Therefore, he watched Gajini and was so impressed that he promptly invited director Murugadoss for preliminary talks about the remake of the film in Hindi. This would be his home production.

Besides, Aamir has been busy finalizing other projects. One of them would be with ace director, Maniratnam.

It has been tentatively titled as High Jump. The other yet to be titled film would be directed by painter Amol Gupte. It revolves around the aspirations of a man who wants to make his son succeed despite severe odds. Aamir has been scouting for fresh young boys to play the dyslexic son. A notice outside a prominent bookstore in Mumbai screamed,” A very naughty boy needed to work with Aamir Khan!”. Well, remember Aamir’s father act in Akele Hum Akele Tum a decade ago?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/june-06-04/29-06-06-amir.html
[/tscii:419a124eb2]

rayan36
28th July 2006, 12:34 PM
[tscii:bf7e44ee73]Name changed to LAJJO

AT LAST!

A film directed by Mani Ratnam. Starring Aamir Khan

Kunal M Shah

It's a coming together that Bollywood has been anticipating for a long time now. Where Mani Ratnam will wield the megaphone and Aamir Khan will go through the paces.

Speculation about Aamir Khan working with Mani Ratnam has finally come to rest. The actor has signed Ratnam's Lajjo, which will be produced by Bobby Bedi and is expected to go on the floors by December end, after the release of his film Guru on December 22.

Now there are other speculations. Will there be a clash of egos between the star filmmaker and the thinking actor? Or will it be smooth sailing on the sets? Come December, we'll know more.

Apparently, Bobby was so impressed with Aamir's dedication and perfection while filming Mangal Pandey that he was keen to work with him again. “We had a good working experience and he also fits the role in my new film to perfection. He is definitely the best choice,” says Bedi.

Although Bobby is tight-lipped about divulging any more details about the film, after much prodding, he says, “It's a love story based in Rajasthan and we will start shooting by December. In a sense it's a musical too, and A R Rahman is scoring the music.”
This film will also mark the first time that Bobby Bedi will work with Ratnam. “I have known Mani for a long time now. In fact, we studied together at the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management in Mumbai. Yes, this is the first time that he is directing a film for me as a producer. But I have worked with him earlier once during Saathiya, where he was the writer.”

• It's a love story based in Rajasthan and we will start shooting by December — Producer Bobby Bedi

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=10&articleid=72720062237164687272006223511125

I CAN'T BELEIVE IT............FiRST JOK/SOK's RELEASE THEN GF movie will come to light, Guru's release date and now this WOW what a gr8 day for ARR fans

:2thumbsup: :cool2: :victory: :cool2: :2thumbsup: :victory: [/b][/tscii:bf7e44ee73]

Pavan
30th July 2006, 08:47 PM
This movie is very much on....its case of one metting of 3 greats... ( AK - MR - ARR )