PDA

View Full Version : Illayaraja's Hindi albums

smss_engineer
3rd September 2006, 01:04 PM
Meastro's Hindi ALBUMS

Hi guys!

Any body know complete list Illayaraja's Hindi albums?

i hardly managed to know the following films

1. Sadma (1982)
-all are good (impressive) songs far ahead of their times with awesome orchestrations.

2. Kamagni (1985)
-No idea, but got chance to read impressive comments by an non-indian (i feel so) in some website

3. Mahadev (1989)
- No idea about the songs. I think the movie itself was a crap.

4. Aur ek...... (remake of sathi leelavathy) (1996)
-Shelved.

5. HeyRam (2001)
- Excellent songs. its amazing that IR tuned songs for the already picturized songs by another MD!

6. Mumbai Xpress (2005)
- Not impressive for me.

7. Shiva (2006)
- Surely a Class album (atleast 3/4 songs are brilliant).

rajdes
3rd September 2006, 05:21 PM
Aur Ek prem Kahani was released. It had rehashes of Pothi Vecha Malliga Mottu, Thumbi Vaa, and one more which I dont remember. The movie bombed big time - the producer Amit Khanna who tried to usher in a multiplex culture of movies before its time came, is still AWOL from bollywood

smss_engineer
3rd September 2006, 11:23 PM
Folks!

Any body know the dubbed hindi films which has music of IR?

I have seen in many websites with movie name "Do dil deewane"
-kamal , rathi, music by IR (year 1980 or 81). please somebody clarify this.

Whether it was a dubbed movie or really it had IR music in hindi?

natha1729
3rd September 2006, 11:43 PM
Do DIl Deewane is Ullasa Paravaigal, exact album. Not released movie

My rankings of IR Hindi albums:

1. Chhaila ( 4.5 out of 5) ( flop moive Rasaiyaa dubbed, songs sounded excellent in Hindi, just made for Hindi and terrific energy, but went unnoticed more or less, except for Mastana song.)
2. Shiva (3 stars out of 5)
3. Mahaadev ( 2.5 stars out of 5) (not released or flop movie, a coupe of great numbers and orchestration.)
4. Hey Ram (2.25 out of 5)
5. Sadma (1.75 out of 5) ( Yeh Zindagi was a big hit. Yeh Hawa Yeh Feza was good, other 3 songs quite weak in Hindi. I think Moondram Pirai' best songs "compositions" were Poonkatru & Vaan Engum (Pallavi intro and Pallavi great). The other 3 were examples of simple tunes made into super hits because of IR' extraordinary orchestral ideas.)
4. Mumbai Express ( 1.5 out of 5) ( boring as hell, though one song was exciting.)
5. Kamagni ( 1.4 out of 5) plastic music at its heights.
6. Aur Ek Prem Kahaani ( I had the cassette, what a waste, just IR looked like he was being forced to do this movie.)

then there was Dalapati and Nayakan and Appu Raja, some dubbed songs sounded good in Hindi.

Measure used to judge these albums: Ravindra Jain and Salil Choudhry compositions for Malayalam and also Tamil - they sound native, extraordinarily melodious and perfectly following the musical idiom of the language. IR does not majority of the time in Hindi.

natha1729
3rd September 2006, 11:57 PM
Overall, IR has contributed 3 "extraordinary" songs to Hindi films:

1. Chhahungi Tumko in Chhaila ( what an extraordinary way ahead of the Bollywood times "composition" but sadly unknown or uderrated contribution to Hindi music that sounded so Hindi like any other classic hindi song, and so modern jazz-pop like no other, terrific alapana and folkish charanam as well, just everything put in one song ( i think this could've been inspired by that "Girls just want to have fun" Cyndi Lauper)

2. Mastana, Mastana (Chahaila)
3. Aaj Bahua (a super holi song in Mahaadev)

few more strong compositions, though not really sounding like a Hindi song in spots:
Yeh Zindagi (Sadma) here, somehow I did not find a timbre or fluidity in the interesting Pallavi and also in the interludes - orchestration was mind blowing of course, I think it made up for the weakness in the Pallavi.
Jhosh Mein in Shiva (some editing required in Charanam)
Rhim Jim in Mahaadev ( some flaws in the tune, I thought, but great great song)
Jiske Sahara in Kamagni (plastic orchestration, but Pallavi is super, charanam somehow failed)
Ram Ram in Hey Ram
Aila Re - Mumbai Express

kj
4th September 2006, 01:39 AM
Well one should also not forget some (atleast 20) songs/tunes of raaja lifted blatantly by anand-milind.

realactivex
11th September 2006, 05:58 PM
I thought, naina mere naina ( aur ek prem kahani sung by Asha bhonsle) was fabulous.
That's Kaatril enbu geetham (was it in Johnny movie. Forgive my limited Tamizh knowledge)

Rim jhim in mahadev is fabulous too. You cant forget that it is a rain song.. the rain mood is awesome.

smss_engineer
14th September 2006, 09:39 PM
Hi guys!

please see this (i don't know already known or not)

http://www.blaxploitation.com/s_510.html.

"Straight up, this is one of the best Bollywood albums we've heard, regardless of the year. There's an amazing midtempo mellow 80s funk track with a great break or two on the first side, and the second side contains another quality funk cut AND a very sample-worthy top quality Indo-jazz number! Currently completely unknown, try to find this one before the prices go mad... it's superb........"

Anybody heard Kamagni songs. I heard most of members saying that songs are nice.
i am eagerly looking for those songs. Can i get kamagni songs in net?

nickraman
15th September 2006, 05:04 AM
I think all of you are out of your mind. Raaja's hindi combos (earlier like 80s/90s) were dubbed films he re-composed along with composer duo, Deepak-Santosh (who gave us the memorable "Sitam ki andhi se" from Velu Nayakan, beautiful song!)

Sadma's a class album. And btw, Balu Mahendra & the late Hrisdaa duo directed the remake of "Moondrum Pirai". While Kanne Kalaimalai, and two other tracks were remade, "Yeh Zindagi" rendered by Suresh Wadekar is simply superb! You can rant all you want, but to this day, all the north MDs consider this piece, the finest of Illayaraja, hell, even the laster MD, Pritam (Dhoom fame) claims that his idol is none other than "Maestro" himself. This song keeps being sung by upcoming singers of the bollywood music industry (i.e the recent SaReGaMa Challenge 2005.)

Shiva is simply awesome. After repetitive hearing, Raaja's form gets better and better. Even Mumbai's Xpress, one song is beautiful as well.

Give it time, he'll do great things in the north. Stop lamblasting him for what he does.

natha1729
15th September 2006, 05:36 AM
does someone know who did this orchestration of this track of yeh zindagi and was it in the album release? better idea than the original, in my opinion

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=230646

krish244
15th September 2006, 02:47 PM
Natha1729, I remember seeing promos (on TV) of a private album containing remix/re-orchestrated songs long time back. One of the songs was "Ai Zindagi". I guess this is that version. A search on Google probably will yield more results. Just listened to this version. The singing in this version is decent...but the feel of the music in the original cannot be felt in this version.

Thanks,

Krishnan

smss_engineer
15th September 2006, 07:50 PM
Hi guys!

This re-mixed version of Aye zindagi is superb, though the original is simply the best. i can't belive till now that it came in 1982! wow, great things from the greats.

When i came to know that this song by Illayaraja, i can't lid my ears to avoid.

This song is the best song composed so far! and well admired by north indian MD's and peoples. Suresh wadker once said that this song is his favourite song!

smss_engineer
15th September 2006, 07:56 PM
And look at these links, talk about "Aye zindagi" song

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Ten_Best_Lyrics_of_Gulzar-61884-1.html,

this shows that the song had good lyrics by great Gulzar also! ,a relief becoz many amazing songs of IR were spoiled by bad lyrics!

rajaalltheway
7th October 2006, 02:22 AM
Aadmi aur apsara,dubbed version of Jagadega veerudu should be added to the list.I remember many of my friends discussing how this southie composer 'lifted Anand milinds Beta song',i had the laugh of my life.

rajaalltheway
7th October 2006, 02:25 AM
In the original SHIVA starring Nag and Amala there was this song 'Meri Qadar jaani' sung by Ashaji and Suresh Wadkar.Donno if its a completely new tune from Raja,but i was hooked on to it those days.

smss_engineer
13th October 2006, 12:36 PM
And complete list of IR in hindi (both direct and dubbed)

1. Do dil deewane (1980)
2. Sadma (1982)*
3. Kamagni (1987)*
4. Mahaadev(1989)*
5. Shiva (1990)
6. Anjali (1990)
7. Dalpati (1991)
8. Chhaila (1992)
9. Aur ek prem kahani (1996)*
10. Hey Ram (2001)*
11. Mumbai express (2005)*
12. Shiva (2006)*
13. Cheeni kum (2007)*
13. Velu nayagan (1999)

* direct hindi movies

smss_engineer
13th October 2006, 12:52 PM
Vikram starring kamal in 1986!

whether this film dubbed in hindi, if it so really hindi audiences missed our meastro, my opinion is this film had all india mass appeal in all aspects Story+screenplay+cast+music+BGM+comedy etc. even in 1986!

Far ahead of its times movie, i think some recent hindi movie came with similar story ?

smss_engineer
13th October 2006, 01:08 PM
Movies/songs should have gone to north!

I have been on sad that these songs should went to north while they came in south!
Songs
1. Thamarakodi tharayil (Anantha kummi)- 1984
2. Chittu kurivi (chinna veedu) -1986
3. Ilaya Nila (PM) -1982
4. Poongatru (Moondram Pirai) - 1982
5. En iniya pon nilave (Moodu pani)- 1980
6. Appappa (Japanil k raman) 1986
7. vaanam keeze (thoongathe thambi thoongathey)- 1986
8. Megam kottatum (Enakkul oruvan)-1987
9. Edho mogam (Kozhi koovuthu)-1983 - looks like spanish song
10. Oh nenjame (Enakkaga kaathiru) - 1985

Movies (all songs)
1. Priya (1978)
2. Nenjathai killathe (1980)
3. Vikram (1987)
4. Agni nakshathiram (1989)
5. Shiva (1990)
6. Kazhugu (1980) *BGM (songs were very southish)
7. geetha (kannada) 198?

smss_engineer
13th October 2006, 10:02 PM
Sadma songs with good original quality

I am having sadma songs especially "Aye zindagi" in original quality, if anybody wants it please mail me.

smss_proe@rediffmail.com

or is it possible to upload in any website?

rajaalltheway
13th October 2006, 10:05 PM
[And complete list of IR in hindi (both direct and dubbed) ]
Wheres Appu Raja(very significant),Aadmi Aur Apsara

popeye11
13th October 2006, 11:12 PM
does anyone have the song Rhim Jim from mahadev

smss_engineer
14th October 2006, 07:59 AM
I strongly doubt that the following movies are also dubbed

1. Paayum puli.
2. Salangai oli.
3. Guru.
4. Maveeran.
5. Apoorva sagotharargal.

what movie is this "Aadmi Aur Apsara"

smss_engineer
14th October 2006, 08:19 AM
Whether Appu raja is apoorva sagothargal?

was the movie hit in north?

i think "Tune saathi" (Unnai ninaichen) was hit! is it so?

smss_engineer
14th October 2006, 08:29 AM
Where i can get dubbed (hindi) songs of ilayaraja from the following movies?

1. Shiva -1989.
2. Aadmi Aur Apsara.
3. Velu nayagan

smss_engineer
30th October 2006, 04:56 PM
What about the following films?

Can anybody say the corresponding original tamil/telugu movies.

1. Aadmi Aur Apsara
2. Aakiri Inteqaam
3. Anari Dada
4. Basera
5. Mera Pyara Bharat
6. Nayak
7. Sabse Bada Mavali
8. Sazaa Ea Kaala Paani

rajdes
31st October 2006, 11:40 AM
1. Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari(Telugu) - also dubbed in Tamil as Kaadhal Devadhai - *ing Chiranjeevi, Sridevi, Amrish Puri, Baby Shamili, Baby Shalini, Master Richard...
8. Kaalapani(Malayalam), Sirachaalai(Tamil) - *ing Mohanlal, Tabu, Prabhu, Amrish Puri etc

great
1st November 2006, 09:26 AM
Whether Appu raja is apoorva sagothargal?

was the movie hit in north?

Yes AS is appuraja over there

Yes the movie was a hit

realactivex
1st November 2006, 05:24 PM
What about the following films?

Can anybody say the corresponding original tamil/telugu movies.

1. Aadmi Aur Apsara
2. Aakiri Inteqaam
3. Anari Dada
4. Basera
5. Mera Pyara Bharat
6. Nayak
7. Sabse Bada Mavali
8. Sazaa Ea Kaala Paani

Aaadmi aur apsara - jagadekaveerudu atiloka sundari: chiranjeevi sridevi
Aakiri inteqam - aakhari poratam - nagarjuna , sridevi
I havent heard of the other movies.

FYI: Another movie called RAAMPUR KA RAJA (Bobbili raja in telugu, venkatesh and divya bharati)
internet search yields the following info on anari dada: 1994 ANARI DADA starring Venkatesh, Avtar Gill, Sonu Walia . No idea what the movie is in telugu

smss_engineer
8th November 2006, 04:31 PM
Shiva songs are Rocking!

Kaise kahen and dheemi dheemi are gems! I don't know how north audiences are going to accept.

Saara yeh alam is just like symphony (old tamil song-1982)

smss_engineer
9th November 2006, 10:18 PM
Kamagni (1987) songs!

Anybody know where to get this film songs???
Tracks in the album

1. You are my dream
2. Jiske sahare rangeen nazare
3. Dance music
4. Main haseen too jawan
5. Aa gaya sapna koyee
6. Dance music (tribal)

nickraman
19th March 2007, 06:09 AM
I'm looking for the Shiva 1989 HINDI VERSION.

If anyone has the Hindi DVD, plz rip them for us.

nickraman
20th March 2007, 01:13 AM
In the original SHIVA starring Nag and Amala there was this song 'Meri Qadar jaani' sung by Ashaji and Suresh Wadkar.Donno if its a completely new tune from Raja,but i was hooked on to it those days.

U have it? Where!

Any other Shiva songs (1989) you care to share with us?

njv
31st May 2007, 07:28 AM
I finally managed to get one Mahadev CD. The CD has 4 songs, 2 of them old tamil songs (including "Andha nilavathaan naan kaihila pidichen" and one more that I forgot!) and two straight hindi songs. One hindi song seems like a seductive song and very good. The other one is horrible. Seems like some party song with lot of people singing and dancing/drinking!

nickraman
31st May 2007, 09:05 AM
I finally managed to get one Mahadev CD. The CD has 4 songs, 2 of them old tamil songs (including "Andha nilavathaan naan kaihila pidichen" and one more that I forgot!) and two straight hindi songs. One hindi song seems like a seductive song and very good. The other one is horrible. Seems like some party song with lot of people singing and dancing/drinking!

Share please! :P