PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Songs of Raaja :)

rajasaranam
16th September 2006, 01:26 PM
I was trying to compile a 'Boadhai' song collection of Raaja for an occasssion of a forthcoming party. was able to recollect many nos. Surprisingly i gound that the female sarakku songs wer too soft and all male sarakku songs were with full tempo.
songs like Enthan nenjil -Guru, Naaane naane -Azhage unnai, Aadum neram - soorasamharam, Paruvakaalangalin-Moodupani, Nilavu Neram- Annai oru aalyam had very good rochestration and techno fell to it.
While for males it was dappankuthu or disco with high powered tempo.
Except one song like 'Vaanam Keezhae' from Thoongathe which had brilliant orchestraion and soft feel melodious feel to it.
I wanted to know whether there are anyother soft male nos. and racy female nos.
Iam excluding songs like 'Oorai therinjikitaen' and other drunken sad songs.
Just nice hip and full mabbu songs :)
Lets get drunk with Raaja's music
Well this can a thread to discuss various aspets of Raaja's Full mabbu songs too like 'Ayya Voodu Thoranthu thaan kedakku' and 'Sorgam Madhuvilae'. How Raaja differentiates between a street drunkard and party drunkard :) I think he has explored every aspect of this genre too as with other genres.

Nakeeran
16th September 2006, 01:30 PM
Not sure if ROJAPOO NADI VANDHADHO falls in this genre

Also ORO POONGAVANAM DINAM DINAM

rajasaranam
16th September 2006, 01:39 PM
Accidentaly i got This 'Devamritham' song from Moondru mugam. It is great no. with powerup orchestration though composed by SG :) I was believeing for many days that it was a Raaja song earlier

alwarpet_andavan
16th September 2006, 02:17 PM
RS,
"Vaanam Keezhey..." was relatively slow because its about a man's 'trip' after he's stoned with drugs [not merely booze]. A kind of floating feel...

--------------------
Singari Sarakku
Thanni Thotti Thedi Vandha
Sorgam Madhuvile

P.S: "Thakita thadhumi" [Salangai oli] though its a sad song, i guess it can be included in your list

kr
16th September 2006, 05:24 PM
Naan dhnanda ippo devadaas from Thanikattu Raja

pavalamani pragasam
16th September 2006, 06:29 PM
Don't know if this is raja's! One Viyakanth,Radha starrer, Radha treacherously made drunk singing 'solli thara vaa'!

Kanna
16th September 2006, 06:32 PM
Ayya voodu thorandhu dhaan kidakku from Kadhalukku Mariyadhai

Kanna
16th September 2006, 06:33 PM
Ramaranalum Baburanalum route onnu dhan gate onnu dhan sodhara - from Hey Ram

Renault
16th September 2006, 09:03 PM
Endhan Kannil Ezhu Ulagangal Vaarai Kanna Vaa..from Guru starring Kamal and Sridevi.

Awesome Bodhai song.. 10/10 for S Janaki for briniging the bodhai effect. Raja's mastery is evident in the song opening.. where Janaki starts huming pa papa pa pa and gradually the humming leads to the tune of the song... the sequence being like this:

Janaki's humming.... Flute repeating the same hum tune... Janaki's huming with a slightly increased tempo.. flute again repeating the hum and then comes violin leading to the Vaarai Kanna Vaa tune piece of the song.

I can repeatedly hear this piece alone. This will also be a good pick for "Song of the Day" thread.

tvsankar
17th September 2006, 12:03 AM
Dear RS,

Raaja Raani jakki --- Netrikan
vazhvil enna bhakki

2.Thanimaiyil yar ival --- Azhagae unnai
Aradhanai seigiren.

Elllam inba mayam padathil oru padal irukiradhu.Theriyavillai.

with Love,
Usha Sankar.

app_engine
18th September 2006, 06:36 PM
Renault, excellent recap of `endhan kaNNil'...My favourite part of that song is the first interlude! This will compete for the top 10 interludes in TFM!! Mesmerising violins ascending and descending...and the interlude ends with a powerful bass score...

bingleguy
18th September 2006, 06:39 PM
Wats a comparison to Sindhu Bhairavi :-) Thanni thotti thedi vandha ..... ??????
Dr. Yesudas voice !

mr_karthik
18th September 2006, 06:58 PM
"ulagam verum iruttu...
idhil uruppadiya yeththikada vilakku"

from Shivaji's Thiyagam.

That is also Ialaiyaraja.

mr_karthik
18th September 2006, 06:59 PM
"ulagam verum iruttu...
idhil uruppadiya yeththikada vilakku"

from Shivaji's Thiyagam.

That is also Ialaiyaraja.

raaja_rasigan
18th September 2006, 09:33 PM
Film: Kaadhal kavidhai
Song: Thak thoam thak thi mi thoam
Singer: Swarnalatha

Nice song in the mid 90's

kettu paarunga, nalla irukkum, tune has some beautiful ups & downs.... this song for kasthuri (i guess) :clap:

MusicIsLife
19th September 2006, 12:08 AM
Real Bodhai(at least has the right "INGREDIENTS") Song: Thanni thotti thedi vanda kannu kutty naan (Sindhu Bhairavi), Singari Sarakku, Poo pota thavani (Kakki Sattai), Vandhanam and Title song (Vazhve mayam), machi mannaru(en uyir thozan)

raaja_rasigan
20th September 2006, 08:56 PM
I dont think this topic will move to next page

raaja_rasigan
22nd September 2006, 05:35 PM
As expected this topic has become stagnant.... as there are not many examples for this topic :roll:

thumburu
28th September 2006, 12:03 PM
How can you guys forget the immortal "rama aandaalum ravana aandaalum" from "Mullum malarum? ". Raja is a cocktail expert in providing the ultimate intoxication.
"malar konda poongodi
madhu undu aadudhu" - SJ again for a very tipsy Sridevi in the movie "Kavarimaan".
One of my gud old cassettes contains a rare IR song with SJ crooning a seductive number starting something like "deham sandhegam onrodu ondragum vizha.." - not very sure about the lyrics. But the tune is fantastic , set PanthuvaraLi or Kamavardhini scale [Scale that is supposed to cause sensual ]feelings] . The orchestration is very energetic with a prominent bass guitar , mridhangam for rythms. Could anybody tell me the movie?

narayanan
24th November 2006, 09:56 AM
There is a song that starts 'Vara vara Kaadhal Kasakudhayya' from a muzhiyan :mrgreen: (Pandiarajan) movie (Aan Paavam I guess). The audio doesnt feel drunk at all, but the video happens in a wine shop.

Is 'Kannan Vandhu Paduginran' from 'Rettai Vaal Kuruvi' a drunk song ?

How can you guys forget the immortal "rama aandaalum ravana aandaalum" from "Mullum malarum?

adhaane :) thats actually the second song that struck me. The gold medalist is ofcourse 'Thanni Thotti'. The 'drunk' effect is so powerful that (if not for any other broadcasts) when Sindhu Bairavi is played as DD's Regional film, this song is censored.

'Poomalai Vaangi Vandhan' shud be too, but its a total background song that does'nt show any 'drunk' effect in audio, although the lyrics does.

alwarpet_andavan
24th November 2006, 04:44 PM
There is a song that starts 'Vara vara Kaadhal Kasakudhayya' from a muzhiyan :mrgreen: (Pandiarajan) movie (Aan Paavam I guess). The audio doesnt feel drunk at all, but the video happens in a wine shop.

I think it's a "stage" song.. i mean group dance and all......

Nakeeran
24th November 2006, 04:55 PM
Kadhal enbadhu podhu udama - song by Janakraj with Prabhu on background is one another comes to my mind

Janaks will be heavily drunk but spills some mind blowing truth !

kalnayak
24th November 2006, 07:17 PM
The song "Kaali perungaaya Duppa, Ithula Vaasana ... " from
Sathyaraj's Manthirapunnagai is a good drunken song from IR & sung by himself.

kingvj
25th November 2006, 12:17 AM
How can you guys forget the immortal "rama aandaalum ravana aandaalum" from "Mullum malarum? ". Raja is a cocktail expert in providing the ultimate intoxication.
"malar konda poongodi
madhu undu aadudhu" - SJ again for a very tipsy Sridevi in the movie "Kavarimaan".
One of my gud old cassettes contains a rare IR song with SJ crooning a seductive number starting something like "deham sandhegam onrodu ondragum vizha.." - not very sure about the lyrics. But the tune is fantastic , set PanthuvaraLi or Kamavardhini scale [Scale that is supposed to cause sensual ]feelings] . The orchestration is very energetic with a prominent bass guitar , mridhangam for rythms. Could anybody tell me the movie?

I guess that would be ' En Dhaegam amudham... maargazhi raathiri pirivadhu paavam'.... an outstanding number by SJ with a beautiful tabla as the rhythm... movie is ' Oru Oadai Nadhiyaagiradhu'...!!!

kingvj
25th November 2006, 12:27 AM
' Paattu thalaivan' from Idhayakovil... superb drunk-prelude by SPB and then going into a full-fledged romantic duet.

sonia_fr
25th November 2006, 12:54 AM
Poo podda thaavani bothaiyill aaduthey.... Don't know the name of the movie!

Thani thodi thedi vantha kanu kudi naan, from Sindhu-Pairavi.

Vanthanam enn vanthanam from Valvey mayam.

vigneshram
25th November 2006, 10:53 AM
Isn't "Vaazhve maayam" by Gangai Amaran?

narayanan
26th November 2006, 11:54 AM
Yes it is Gangai Amaran

thumburu
27th November 2006, 04:01 PM
kingvj, no , not "en deham amudham" , though it can be included in this "bodhai" list of Raja too. The song that Iam referring to goes like
"deham .. sandhegham ..
ondrodu ondraagum vizhaa" . This song is a high voltage , high octane tempo song with pounding bass and mridhangam for rythms.
"En deham amudham" is a sweet. sensual number. I have also mentioned about the excellent tabla in some old thread.

smartsambu
25th March 2007, 12:07 PM
I dont know why nobody mentioned the song
"Sorgam Madhuviley, Sokkum Azhagiley' some Kamal Movie?

Sanjeevi
25th March 2007, 05:39 PM

we discuss only about IR songs :)

ananth222
25th March 2007, 08:45 PM
What about "vaanam enna keezhirukku, bhoomi enna melirukku" form Vetri Vizha? not really a "drunk" song, but it is a "mabbu" song - Kamal and Prabhu take some pill and get high. Its a teriffic song featuring SPB and MV. The interchange of lyrics and humming ("tadao dao da"), the orchestration, the rhythm.. a true IR classic!

Shankar
26th March 2007, 09:33 AM
(Not sure if I had mentioned this earlier)

One of the best drunk songs of Raja is "endhan kaNNil EzhulagangaL vArAi kaNNa..." from GURU...Not just SJ, the violins also sound drunk in this brilliant number :-)

vijayr
26th March 2007, 11:55 AM

we discuss only about IR songs :)

sorgam madhuviley is an IR song, from Sattam en kayyil

app_engine
4th August 2008, 10:42 AM
I don't think anyone discussed 'nAnE nAnA' of azhagE unnai ArAdhikkiREn in this thread.

And it's a "drunk song", which I never expected...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD5fhs1JwbQ

pAvam VJ, he made it a different kind of classic, idhaiyE SJ pAdiyirundhAl we would have easily identified as a "bOdhai" number:-)