PDA

View Full Version : Azhagu devathai-JOTHIKA

Riyas_05
8th October 2006, 12:12 AM
Jothika the beautifull & lucky actress in tamil cinema,she started her career in tamil cinema with vaalee,then acted in many blockbusters & superhits,her biggest hit was with two legends Rajni&kamal[cm&vv]these films are the biggest grossers in tamil film history,she acted with almost all top heroes including rajni,kamal,vijay,vikram madhavan,surya,simbhu,prabhu,ajith,arjun,shyaam,pr abhudeva....etc.
she is said to be one of the all time favorite heroins

Jothika's career:

vaalee-1999
poovellam kettupaar-1999
kushi-2000
mugavaree-2000
rhythm-2000
snehidiye-2000
tenali-2000
uyirile kalanthathu-2000
dum dum dum-2001
little john-2001
star-2001
poovellam unvasam-2001
12 b-2001
one two three-2002
raja-2002
dhool-2003
priyamana thozhi-2003
kaakha kaakha-2003
three roses-2003
tirumalai-2003
arul-2004
peralagan-2004
manmathan-2004
maayavi-2005
chandramukhi-2005
saravana-2006
june r-2006
vettaiyaadu vilaiyaadu-2006
sillunu oru kaadhal-2006

Her debut was in hindi,she also acted in a few telugu movies and acted one each in kannada & malayalam.

Now she is married to actor surya,and she had said good bye to acting.
She had four films yet to be released that are radhamohan's "mozhi" with prithwiraj,gautham menon's "pachaikili muthucharam" with sarathkumar,"manikanda" with arjun and "seetha kalyanam" with jayaram in malayalam.

Riyas_05
8th October 2006, 12:19 AM
Her career best is chandramukhi followed by kushi & june r.

Surya
8th October 2006, 12:27 AM
Dimsu Kattai would be a better one..8-) :P

Kollywoodfan
8th October 2006, 12:36 AM
I am actually anticipating her new upcoming movies with Sarathkumar and Prithviraj...her roles in both seem mature and challenging! :wink:

All the best for her future with Surya!! :D

Tia
8th October 2006, 03:46 AM
She used to be sooo cute! especially in kushi and dum dum dum....always been her fan! :)

m_23_bayarea
8th October 2006, 05:05 AM
I used to hate her before !!! I thought, man, Tamil cinema has become sooo bad that ppl like Jothika can become heroines !! Plus, I also was crazy abt Simran at that time, so my heart dint accept any other heroine !!! :lol:

But it all changed after I saw DHOOL ... I think she went through a severe weight loss program or something !!! And then even better in KAAKA KAAKA !!! But then in CM, in that kite song, the red saree that she comes in, man, that's when I lost my heart !! :lol: :lol:

Jo Jo Jothika !!! :thumbsup: :redjump: :bluejump:

Thirumaran
8th October 2006, 05:13 AM
But then in CM, in that kite song, the red saree that she comes in, man, that's when I lost my heart !! :lol: :lol:

Where did u get another heart to give to shriya :huh: :roll:

m_23_bayarea
8th October 2006, 05:14 AM
But then in CM, in that kite song, the red saree that she comes in, man, that's when I lost my heart !! :lol: :lol:

Where did u get another heart to give to shriya :huh: :roll:

Oh for Shreya, it's not just my heart, but everything I have !! That's a diff story altogether !! :lol:

Thirumaran
8th October 2006, 05:19 AM
Oh for Shreya, it's not just my heart, but everything I have !! That's a diff story altogether !! :lol:

Do u have any part left in ur body :shock: :? :roll:

m_23_bayarea
8th October 2006, 05:20 AM

Do u have any part left in ur body :shock: :? :roll:

Back to Jothika !! :lol: :lol:

Surya
8th October 2006, 03:18 PM

Nee Vaata Maana Ooty Berika! :musicsmile:

nilavupriyan
8th October 2006, 03:30 PM
kalyanam aanadhukapurama thread aarambichu enna use?...

villan007
8th October 2006, 03:51 PM

yen kalyanathuku munnadi aarambichirundha enna pannirpa :shock:

nilavupriyan
8th October 2006, 04:18 PM

ada...appa padam nadichitu irundhaa....ippo nadikka maatanu solla vandhen....nee ennatha ninecha :lol:

selvakumar
8th October 2006, 04:54 PM
I liked JYO in VaaLi...:D :P
I would say she was damn beautiful in that "sona" character !

After that, :curse: :curse:

Kollywoodfan
8th October 2006, 08:22 PM
Jo was cute in the Vaali cameo!

In terms of acting, I loved her from her very first film with surya, Poovellam kaettupaar...she was cute and bubbly.

I also loved her in Rhythm (she stole the show with her short but sweet cameo), Kushi, Poovellam Un Vasam, Kaakha Kaakha, Dhool, Manmadhan

:D Just a few of my favs

Erica
24th February 2007, 06:08 AM
How is Mozhi? :roll:

pls. post your feedbacks here :)

VENKIRAJA
24th February 2007, 10:34 AM
I liked JYO in VaaLi...:D :P
I would say she was damn beautiful in that "sona" character !

After that, :curse: :curse:

yessssssssss in that red dress isnt it?awesome!

Kollywoodfan
24th February 2007, 09:48 PM
Sona Sona song from Vaali
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YiAfhK8ZXa0

I loved when she and Ajith were wearing the yellow top and black bottom combo and dancing. They looks adorable together :)

Kollywoodfan
24th February 2007, 09:49 PM

Nee Vaata Maana Ooty Berika! :musicsmile:

There's one more "Jo" before Jyothika :roll: pls correct.

kb
24th February 2007, 09:50 PM
meeru teluguva andi :roll: illa paatu paakamaiye post panniteengala :lol:

Kollywoodfan
24th February 2007, 09:57 PM
meeru teluguva andi :roll: illa paatu paakamaiye post panniteengala :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lovkXd24PUI

There are three Jo's... :poke: I didn't look/hear beforing posting :evil:

Aandavan
24th February 2007, 10:00 PM

pls. post your feedbacks here :) One of the best movies ever made.. this movie deserves any award in this world... super o super o super... :P :P

kb
24th February 2007, 10:06 PM
:D gud news

Kollywoodfan
24th February 2007, 10:17 PM
Watched PKMC...

Such a bold film that the tamil industry was yearning for. Clearly GM's most bold film up to date. The performances from Jo and Sarath were outstanding.

Jo: she was honestly mindblowing in this film. She is the best, and scores over Sarath IMO. I don't wanna spoil everything, but I'm sure a lot of you know that's she technically the "villi"...she is awesome as both the attractive women that reels in Sarath and the menacing villi towards the end. She conveys all emotion through her dark eyes. It is hard to believe that this is the same Jo that was seen as the cute, innocent heroine in movies like SOK. She is a revelation truly and her role was marvelous! (I guess GM felt bad of making her a victim to the brutal villians in his other movies, so he made her the villian this time :twisted: ). Seriously, a role that not many heroines can pull off, but Jo did it with aplomb! :wink:

Erica
24th February 2007, 10:20 PM
Sona Sona song from Vaali
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YiAfhK8ZXa0

I loved when she and Ajith were wearing the yellow top and black bottom combo and dancing. They looks adorable together :)
wow...lovely song...All three looks awesome :notworthy: .....jo was so cute in this movie :D

here' my fav. song......she's not beautiful or glamorous but CUTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Th4Rfrv3Tc

Kollywoodfan
24th February 2007, 10:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQY3C8NjO1U

Uyirae Uyirae...Surya and Jo, so romantic :P

Aandavan
24th February 2007, 10:36 PM
Mozhi is much much better than PKMC or paruthi veeran.. definitely the winner of this month :clap:

Erica
24th February 2007, 10:39 PM

pls. post your feedbacks here :) One of the best movies ever made.. this movie deserves any award in this world... super o super o super... :P :P
wow!! that sounds promising.....so i guess it's worth spending $20 :roll:

kb
24th February 2007, 10:40 PM
i heard it has gud comedy and funny incidents too :D :D

Aandavan
24th February 2007, 10:48 PM

wow!! that sounds promising.....so i guess it's worth spending $20 :roll:definitely... :!:

rajnifan
26th February 2007, 05:23 AM
I am a huge fan of Jo, right from her Mugavaree days...

Mugavaree was the first movie which attracted me to her... My life can be divided into two parts - BEFORE JO and AFTER JO

Highly disappointed that she'z quitting. Like how Vijay says in Sachein about Preity Zinta, I too had a big crush on Jo and had a lot of plans in my mind. Surya came and crushed them to pieces.

Anyways, interested to watch Mozhi... Should be a memorable one for Jo. I am damn confident about that!

WE MISS U, JO!

bingleguy
26th February 2007, 05:37 AM
Jo has been silently performing in PKMC ..... a very easy looking but a tough character ..... ! she is goin good !

Kollywoodfan
26th February 2007, 05:47 AM
she was the star...she stole the limelight away from all the other characters IMO...definitely a mindblowing performance from her :wink:

bingleguy
26th February 2007, 05:52 AM
KF :-) see my momentary reviews on PKMC in the thread .....
Gautam Menon's :: PKMC

Kollywoodfan
26th February 2007, 09:30 PM
Surya, Jo, Karthi (now a star of his own :D ) & family at Prabhu's son's wedding. They all look nice, especially Jo.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/vikrampa_wed260207/186847.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/vikrampa_wed260207/186842.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/vikrampa_wed260207/186843.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/vikrampa_wed260207/186846.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/vikrampa_wed260207/186844.html

Riyas_05
20th March 2007, 12:55 PM
Jothika's last tamil release "Manikanda" from friday march 23.

seran
21st March 2007, 04:47 PM
Jothika's last tamil release "Manikanda" from friday march 23.

let's hope Arjun doen't spoil Jo's look...

Kollywoodfan
22nd March 2007, 01:04 AM
Well I'm guessing since it's old and an Arjun film, Jo will prolly be the regular flash in the pan heroine...but idk, let's see :roll:

Kollywoodfan
24th March 2007, 02:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S98kebBdfug&mode=related&search=

Mozhi Audio Launch...aww, Surya consoles his wife when she's tearing :P

Miami
26th March 2007, 03:58 AM
The thread title says it all. Azhagu Thevathai....
Only her good looks save her. Not her acting skills.

Kollywoodfan
26th March 2007, 04:54 AM
I don't think that's true...I mean she can't be compared to the likes of Simran and other powerful actresses, but she did have talent of her own.

I think she's more cute than gorgeous, but she definitely had a few mindblowing, memorable performances to her credit, even tho they were all towards the end of her career. :D

Miami
2nd April 2007, 07:31 AM
>> I mean she can't be compared to the likes of Simran and other powerful actresses.

Why not? After all, in popularity , number of films acted and the salary, she was comparable to the other actresses. So why can't her talent be compared ?

>> she definitely had a few mindblowing, memorable performances to her credit,

You mean Chandramukhi finale? Among the 30 films she acted, one scene in one film can turn a below average into mindblowing actress? When you say "towards the end of her career", you ackowledge she requires 30 films to develop some talent. ;)

Kollywoodfan
2nd April 2007, 05:54 PM
Hey I'm not playing Jo's advocate here...and I agree with you to some extent.

I'm just saying that Jo's success was not ONLY based on her good looks. Look at how many good-looking people could not survive in this industry despite being attractive. There had to be something else sustaining her.

In addition to Chandramukhi, she has had SOK (emotional wife), PKMC, and Mozhi. Have you seen those?

Thirumaran
2nd April 2007, 08:56 PM
Just good looks does not make one survive in the industry. As far as new actresses great acting talents are not expected by many of the public. And Jothika was not acting in award kind of movies :roll:
Even for actors we does not look for great acting talents many times where the industry is hero oriented.

Some of her facial expressions, mannerism, etc.. were quite interesting and unique and it attracted many, though they may not be natural.

joe
2nd April 2007, 09:35 PM
Some of her facial expressions, mannerism, etc.. were quite interesting and unique and it attracted many, though they may not be natural.

Interesting point .I agree .Normally most of the actors have their style in body language and dialogue delivery ,so we can see mimicry artist can mimic them and we can easily identify ..But when it comes to actress ,not much have unique style (For most of the actress ,same person rended voice) ..Even though Joythika also had dubbing voice she differentiated in her body language .Only few actress like Banumathi ,SarojaDevi had a unique style which can be identified when others mimic ..I think Jothika comes into this category.

Miami
3rd April 2007, 07:20 AM
>> Some of her facial expressions, mannerism, etc.. were quite interesting and unique and it attracted many, though they may not be natural.

That's what exactly I am trying to say. THEY WERE NOT NATURAL. Somebody who cannot act naturally is not a good actor/actress. They might require years of experience to come to a certain level. Until then, "rasigargal" have to put up with their "acting" and just enjoy their looks! That's how I tolerated Jyothika all these days! ;)

In a scene in "Mayavi", the heroes friends comment to Jyothika , straight at her face like this - 'Simran rocked Tamil Nadu all these years. But fans don't like you very much. They say that you over-act'. I suppose it was not just a dialog, they really meant it! ;)

Lady lamp
5th August 2008, 03:24 PM
Well, there's no denying tht Jyotika too rocked Tamil cinema!

Shakthiprabha.
5th August 2008, 04:00 PM
Ofcourse! :D

sarna_blr
4th February 2009, 04:25 PM
jo'vukku oru thread'aa :lol:

viraajan
4th February 2009, 04:26 PM
Jothika azhagu devadhaiya :shock: :yessir:

Sourav
4th February 2009, 04:28 PM
Pallazhagi 'swathy' ellam azhagu-nu neenga sollum bothu jo-ku enna koraichal... :P :roll:

sarna_blr
4th February 2009, 04:29 PM

:lol: :rotfl:

roshan var'radhukkulla me :yessir:

sarna_blr
4th February 2009, 04:30 PM
Pallazhagi 'swathy' ellam azhagu-nu neenga sollum bothu jo-ku enna koraichal... :P :roll:

:evil: :evil: :evil: pls stop this nonsense :x :x or I will make theekuzhichchify Vidhyaraajan :yessir:

Sourav
4th February 2009, 04:31 PM

ada...appa padam nadichitu irundhaa....ippo nadikka maatanu solla vandhen....nee ennatha ninecha :lol: :rotfl:

viraajan
4th February 2009, 04:34 PM
Swathy-yum azhagu devadhaiya? :shock:

Sourav
4th February 2009, 04:34 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: pls stop this nonsense :x :x or I will make theekuzhichchify Vidhyaraajan :yessir: Neenga mothalla kulinga...appuram thee-kulikirathu tea-kudikirathu patthi ellam yosikkalaam.. :yessir:

viraajan
4th February 2009, 04:35 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: pls stop this nonsense :x :x or I will make theekuzhichchify Vidhyaraajan :yessir: Neenga mothalla kulinga...appuram thee-kulikirathu tea-kudikirathu patthi ellam yosikkalaam.. :yssir:

ozhunga thappichu odunga... :lol:

Sourav
4th February 2009, 04:36 PM
Actually, athu sarna-nu nenaichu reply panniten...appuram than therinjuthu that post was by u-nu... :oops:

viraajan
4th February 2009, 04:37 PM
Actually, athu sarna-nu nenaichu reply panniten...appuram than therinjuthu that post was by u-nu... :oops:

idhukkaga ellam Swaty azhagu devadhai-nu othukka mudiyadhu... rejettedd.... :x

Shakthiprabha.
4th February 2009, 04:39 PM

:mad: :mad: :mad: :hammer:

viraajan
4th February 2009, 04:40 PM
:rotfl2:

Sourav
4th February 2009, 04:43 PM

:mad: :mad: :mad: :hammer:
Nalla HAMMER podunga-ka....
oosipona swathy itthu pona jkr-kellam thread irukkum bothu Azhagu thevathai-ku oru thread irukka kodatha? :twisted:
Jothika, Vedika, Sameera... :slurp:
Swathy...10 adi thalliye nikkanum...pallu pattuchuna avlo than... :shaking:

Shakthiprabha.
4th February 2009, 04:44 PM
Nalla HAMMER podunga-ka....

oosipona swathy itthu pona jkr-kellam thread irukkum bothu Azhagu thevathai-ku oru thread irukka kodatha? :twisted:

Jothika, Vedika, Sameera... :slurp:

Good taste :P
add TAMANNA :)

Sourav
4th February 2009, 04:45 PM
Good taste :P :P

add TAMANNA in rejettteddd list :lol2:

Sanguine Sridhar
4th February 2009, 04:47 PM
Sourav:
Swathy...10 adi thalliye nikkanum...pallu pattuchuna avlo than...

:lol:

Shakthiprabha.
4th February 2009, 04:48 PM
tamanna rejected aa :lol2: sari

Sourav
4th February 2009, 04:51 PM
tamanna rejected aa :lol2: sari
Mahen M'sia-lerunthu adikkirathukku aal anuppida poraru.... :shaking: :lol: Tammu is not bad though... :P

viraajan
4th February 2009, 04:52 PM
Jo thread-la vandhu avangaloda sakkala**is "Sameera", "tamannah" pathi ellam pesureennga... :lol:

steveaustin
4th February 2009, 05:49 PM

nAn nAlaikku Kollangudi karuppAyee-kku oru thread ArambikkalAm-nu irukkEn. :poke:

SP Madam vandhA ennai :argh: :rant:

AdhanAlE nAn :yessir:

Shakthiprabha.
4th February 2009, 05:50 PM
steve,

:mad: kollankudi and jyo! annnnnnnnyaya comparison :mad:

Sourav
4th February 2009, 05:53 PM
Athu sari, "azhagukku ivaL thaan thaaynada "nu sign-la pottutu avatar-la yetho pallu pona paatti photo-vai potturukkeenga? :yessir:

Shakthiprabha.
4th February 2009, 05:57 PM
:roll: sukanya I feel was a very beautiful woman then, and goodlooking enough even now :|

steveaustin
4th February 2009, 06:21 PM
steve,

:mad: kollankudi and jyo! annnnnnnnyaya comparison :mad:

SP Madam,
It is not a comparison. It's purely for fun.

When everyone is starting a thread for beauties(:roll:) minus talented Tamanna, Nayanthara, Shreya and Swathy, why can't I start a thread for kollangudi Karuppayee (Pandiarajan's favourite). Their talent is just like their dresses they sported in movies. After 10 years, all these actress will not be as good as KK with their looks. :lol2:

I don't want to post any comments in those threads. I am posting only newsclippings in those threads. Have you seen a poll in those threads? If you want to vote for they are not beautiful, then there will be an option like this.

'She is not looking good. I am blind.' :banghead:

IMO, Jo and Simran are way better than the above mentioned actresses while considering their talents in this modern era. Jo is a good choice for bubbly girl roles and Simran is apt one for serious roles. They are last pair of best actresses who sustained for a long period (4 or 5 years) in TFI that I have seen in recent years because of their adequate talents.

Shakthiprabha.
4th February 2009, 06:50 PM
steve,

true :)

sarna_blr
4th February 2009, 07:58 PM
:roll: sukanya I feel was a very beautiful woman then, and goodlooking enough even now :|

yeah.... she was gorgeous in Pudhu nellu pudhu naaththu, Vaalter vetrivel, Chinna kounder... and some prabhu movie kadhOra lOlaalukku song will come right :?

but nowadays in TV serial she scares me :oops: :oops: I feel even kushbu and radhika looks better than Suganya :x :x

Shakthiprabha.
4th February 2009, 08:29 PM
I feel even kushbu

:| :?

and radhika looks better than Suganya :x :x

:shock:

Sourav
4th February 2009, 08:33 PM
and radhika looks better than Suganya :x :x

:shock: :rotfl:
Sarna taste apdi...swathy, radhika, paravai muniyamma....list continues like this... :lol2:

Shakthiprabha.
4th February 2009, 08:35 PM
:lol: sarna is gonna hammer :shaking: :yessir:

Raikkonen
4th February 2009, 09:39 PM
ennathu azhagu devathaya???? :shock: :cry: :oops:

ithukku pesama lady JK Rithesh nu sollirukkalam..

HonestRaj
4th February 2009, 10:45 PM

yeah.... she was gorgeous in Pudhu nellu pudhu naaththu, Vaalter vetrivel, Chinna kounder... and some prabhu movie kadhOra lOlaalukku song will come right :?

but nowadays in TV serial she scares me :oops: :oops: I feel even kushbu and radhika looks better than Suganya :x :x

:roll: Sarna.. indha bolded word-ku ungalukku meaning theriyuma :?

eduvedocsoja
21st April 2013, 12:21 PM
She is the No.1 Actress For Acting.

balaajee
25th April 2013, 02:55 PM
She is the No.1 Actress For Acting.

An actor (alternatively actress for a female; see terminology (http://www.mayyam.com/wiki/Actor#Terminology)) is a person (http://www.mayyam.com/wiki/Person) who acts (http://www.mayyam.com/wiki/Acting) in a dramatic (http://www.mayyam.com/wiki/Drama) or comic (http://www.mayyam.com/wiki/Comic) production and works in film (http://www.mayyam.com/wiki/Film), television (http://www.mayyam.com/wiki/Television), theatre (http://www.mayyam.com/wiki/Theatre), or radio (http://www.mayyam.com/wiki/Radio_programming) in that capacity.[1] (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/#cite_note-1) The ancient Greek (http://www.mayyam.com/wiki/Classical_Greece) word for an "actor," ὑποκριτής (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E1%BD%91%CF%80%CE%BF%CE%BA%CF%81%CE%B9%CF%84%CE%A E%CF%82) (hypokrites), means literally "one who interprets";[2] (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/#cite_note-hypocrite-2) in this sense, an actor is one who interprets a dramatic character (http://www.mayyam.com/wiki/Character_(arts)).[3] (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/#cite_note-confused-3)

Parthyy
25th April 2013, 03:59 PM
:boo: Wow Jyothikaaaaa thread.......super...I am huge fan of heer

Cinemarasigan
25th April 2013, 04:04 PM
Indhammaa nadikkaradha nirutthi 5 years aachu... ippO edhukku thideernu kilarrrnga...

balaajee
20th November 2014, 03:55 PM
Back to CINEMA. Malayalam Remake how old are you