PDA

View Full Version : Dancing / Picturization are difficult for ARRahman's music ?

arr_for_ever
22nd November 2006, 07:08 PM
Directors know that Dancing / picturizing are so much difficult for ARRahmans music are you agree with this?
Even they know, they cant equalize or deliver the good one for ARR music.. come to this..

who (Director) is the best for ARRahman music?

dinesh2002
22nd November 2006, 07:43 PM
Shankar.............

rayan36
22nd November 2006, 08:07 PM
Shankar indeed....... followed by KSR & Kathir

Ramakrishna
22nd November 2006, 08:11 PM
Shankar

kamalsurya
25th November 2006, 05:33 PM
I would say Manirathnam...KM,Alaipauthe,Roja.etc are some examples 8-)

thamizhvaanan
25th November 2006, 06:49 PM
I dont think that picturisation for ARR's songs are really that difficult. Infact, I would say IR's songs are much more difficult to picturise becoz of the prolonged preludes and interludes, primarily dominated by orchestra with minimum percussion. So, directors had to come up with interesting mini scenes during interludes rather than jingucha jingucha dance steps.

Having said that, picturising ARR's song is also a challenge at times coz, ARR is a very bold and experimental musician. His songs changes mood and tempo so often and that too , against established norms, that it becomes difficult to be unimaginative to picturise his songs :D

MADDY
25th November 2006, 09:53 PM
I dont think that picturisation for ARR's songs are really that difficult. Infact, I would say IR's songs are much more difficult to picturise becoz of the prolonged preludes and interludes, primarily dominated by orchestra with minimum percussion. So, directors had to come up with interesting mini scenes during interludes rather than jingucha jingucha dance steps.

Having said that, picturising ARR's song is also a challenge at times coz, ARR is a very bold and experimental musician. His songs changes mood and tempo so often and that too , against established norms, that it becomes difficult to be unimaginative to picturise his songs :D

ARR's music has that multi track feel to it.....now only, his songs are somewhat "mookkaala azhudha case" with no beats......infact many directors get confused with the multiple layers of sounds embedded within......they wont know which layer to choreograph to..........so it is definitely tougher to picturise ARR's songs than IR songs.......

slperson1
25th November 2006, 11:52 PM
definately PRABHU DEVA

thamizhvaanan
26th November 2006, 07:46 AM
ARR's music has that multi track feel to it.....now only, his songs are somewhat "mookkaala azhudha case" with no beats...... do you think his recent songs are his worst? I like his recent works more than his previous works. He is growing as a MD, and fortunately he hasnt stagnated in his style or creativity like his predecessors have done.

MADDY
26th November 2006, 10:33 AM
do you think his recent songs are his worst? I like his recent works more than his previous works. He is growing as a MD, and fortunately he hasnt stagnated in his style or creativity like his predecessors have done.

in terms of using natural instruments, arrangements, orchestration, genre exploring he has improved a lot - agreed.........but in terms of fast paced/heavy beats/ peppy numbers he has surely gone down.........tell me the last "yo man" kinda album that ARR gave with heavy beats and foot tapping tunes...... :cry: .....machhakari and all were just a shadow of his 90's songs......guru has none......hopefully Shivaji will have some... :D

thamizhvaanan
26th November 2006, 10:34 AM
Boys? Ayudha ezhuthu? RDB?

dinesh2002
26th November 2006, 05:07 PM

exactly!!! :clap:

rayan36
26th November 2006, 07:25 PM
Ilamai..... Ilamai......Ilamai

bulb_mani
26th November 2006, 07:25 PM
Yes its true...

In tamil ive seen only a few veterans like Shankar , Maniratnam have picturised the song well.... Boys was superb... Take the case of SOK.... New York Nagaram Picturisation was good... but Munbe Vaa picturisation wasnt upto the mark eventhough the music was very good

MADDY
26th November 2006, 08:30 PM

boys - 2003

and where did AE - 2004 and RDB - 2006 had that synth booming beats??? Fanaah was techno, yes......but remember ARR who used to incorporate beats in his melodies like Kaadhal roja, Maargazhi poove, Mellisai etc.......he has to give that beats again.....he showed flashes of that in "ararai kodi - AaAah"........ :D

dinesh2002
26th November 2006, 08:49 PM

boys - 2003

and where did AE - 2004 and RDB - 2006 had that synth booming beats??? Fanaah was techno, yes......but remember ARR who used to incorporate beats in his melodies like Kaadhal roja, Maargazhi poove, Mellisai etc.......he has to give that beats again.....he showed flashes of that in "ararai kodi - AaAah"........ :D

true...miss that ARR.... wonder if anyone with same thoughts like us around him to mention/remind him... :roll:

great
26th November 2006, 08:49 PM
Without doubt its MR 8-)

lancelot
26th November 2006, 10:12 PM
Mani Rathnam, Shanker, Ashuthosh Gawriker

and also Rajev Menon. wonder why he dosent direct movie anymore...

hehe
:D

THK
27th November 2006, 04:54 AM
Rajeevmenon

Olala and Vennilave from Minsarakanavu
Kaanamoochi and Santhathendral from Kandukondain

better than shankar

Sanguine Sridhar
27th November 2006, 12:23 PM
when u say dancing i will defly go with Prabhudeva..simply visual treat :)

director its manirathnam and shankar.

manirathnam esply Bombay - kannalaney song, he will bring the briyani smell of islamic marriages :lol: through the picturaisation..!!

kamalsurya
29th November 2006, 03:59 PM

boys - 2003

In AE he gave Yakai Thiri one of the best indian songs to be played on the dance floor imo.... 8-)