PDA

View Full Version : Kumudam & Vikatan's comments on IR's music in 70s &

vigneshram
30th November 2006, 09:59 AM
I am just curious to read the comments about Raja's music in magazines like Kumudam and Vikatan in their movie reviews, right from Annakili.
With 5 or 6 movies getting released on a Diwali or Pongal day and all with IR's music, that too quality and variety music, how would the magazines have complimented or criticised Raja?
For instance: I remember some criticisms by such magazines for Nayagan's music, on his usage of "Thenpandi cheemaiyile" humming as theme music, saying that it's repetitive.

If anyone has older copies of magazines with reviews (especially "Annakili" ) mentioning Raja's music or from memory, pls share it here.

Sanjeevi
1st December 2006, 09:26 AM
I second

vigneshram
1st December 2006, 12:11 PM
Got a 1979 issue of Rani from a lending library.Found an interesting news in that saying Dir.Mahendran, Bharathiraja and Ilaiyaraja would be soon teaming up for a film, but, not behind the camera, but in lead roles.
Wondering what had happened to that project???

I know that Bharathiraja had acted in Kallukkul eeram. But Raja... only in a few films, that too as IR himself, right?

And also found "Rosapoo ravikkaikaari" movie review. They'd commended Raja's songs- "Maaman oru naal malligaipoo" and "Uchi vagideduthu" in that movie.

thumburu
1st December 2006, 02:18 PM
I still remember Kalki's scathing review of "Panneer PushpangaL" songs for being replete with all those cliched words like "ragam - thalam , mogam - dagam". But the same Kalki showered all encomium for the soon released "AlaigaL oyvadhillai", be it IR's music, Vairamuthu's lyrics, BR's trendy direction and so on. AV was full of praise for IR's "ananda ragam" Simhendramadhyamam beauty from PP

MADDY
2nd January 2007, 05:01 PM
didnt know where to post it

was seeing pudhumai pen in KTV.........saw that song "Kasthuri maane"..........what a song from the maestro........but the picturisation :cry: .......ayyo, this BR is pretty poor in song picturisation i guess.......he spoiled the entire KKS with his lousy picturisation :evil: .......Maniratnam is one director who gave 100% effect to Raaja/Rahman songs.....others-ellam ordinary dhaan

btw, who was the female singer for that song??? amazing voice...... :D

vasanth2006
2nd January 2007, 06:28 PM
didnt know where to post it

was seeing pudhumai pen in KTV.........saw that song "Kasthuri maane"..........what a song from the maestro........but the picturisation :cry: .......ayyo, this BR is pretty poor in song picturisation i guess.......he spoiled the entire KKS with his lousy picturisation :evil: .......Maniratnam is one director who gave 100% effect to Raaja/Rahman songs.....others-ellam ordinary dhaan

btw, who was the female singer for that song??? amazing voice...... :D

Raja's favorite Uma Ramanan.