PDA

View Full Version : BestFriend - A.R.Rahman - SJ Suryah LAUNCHED!!

dinesh2002
25th December 2004, 08:07 PM
For the posters:
http://sify.com/movies/imagegallery_slideshow.php?gid=13636741&imgidx=1&gname=BF&lid=1&gord=A&view=

Those who have fallen in love at least once in life is sure to enjoy the film, according to Suryah. It has good music, lots of romance, glamour and comedy packaged as a zingy entertainer. A.R.Rahman provides music to BF.

Remember that it was the maestro’s music in New that created all that hype for the film before its release. In BF, too Rahman is providing some fast peppy numbers to lyrics written by Vaali. Suryah says: “In all my films music has played an important role, I feel that Rahman’s music in BF will help it to get a great opening.

Suryah says that Valee has written a full length song on what a kiss is all about and Rahman’s music for this song is foot-tapping. There are six songs in the album, and they are sure to be next year’s chartbusters. Suryah plans to shoot the songs in London, Phukhet Islands and studio sets in Chennai.

Guess_Me
25th December 2004, 10:30 PM
From the looks, Best Friend should be a better hit than New. I hope the audio comes out soon.

dinesh2002
27th December 2004, 01:55 PM
I’ve given life to two people’s memories in BF” – S.J.Suryah

After striking a hat trick with Vaali, Kushi and New, S.J.Suryah is ready with his BF. Now don’t get ideas, BF is the acronym for Best Friend. Well who is his Best Friend? Let’s hear it straight from the director turned actor who talks to Galatta.com

Your BF has created a lot of curiosity …
Yes, my BF (Best Friend) is Kushi part II. The BF title is not to shock the audience and they will understand when they see the film. Best Friend is a humorous love story. Normally in a love story the lovers are united by either their friends or an action hero but in my BF I’ve told it is a different manner. For the first time, the two lovers’ fond memories together unite them. I’ve given life to two people’s memories.

Can we expect a generous dosage of sex in this movie also?
Definitely, otherwise the audience will be upset but similar to my earlier movies, BF also has a message.

It’s a New Year, New movie, new heroine… How does it feel?
Yeah. After seeing the likes of Simran and Jothika I’m introducing the audience to an atom bomb. After hunting for the right girl in Mumbai and Bangalore, I zeroed down on Nila in Delhi. She resembles Simran.

AR Rahman seems to be SJ Suryah’s Best Friend. How did you manage to get him to compose for your movie?
Rahman is very busy and is doing a Hollywood film. The secret of his success is his commitment. He does not make a commitment easily but when he does, he does not quit without giving his best. We spent a week in Kodaikanal composing the music.

When does BF go on the floors?
We are going to start the fun in the New Year.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/interviews/tamil/s.j.suryah/Default.asp?login=s

MADDY
27th December 2004, 07:02 PM
Songs to be shot in phuket islands??????i think that's where the Earth-quake started to come........Terrible terrrible time for South Asia and esp to my swades TN........

MrJudge
28th December 2004, 12:53 AM
NOV:

Where was my message posted in this thread couple of days ago? I did not post anything with obscene language or anything. why?

magix
28th December 2004, 07:51 AM
It might have been in a different thread, Mr.Judge. :)

MrJudge
28th December 2004, 08:05 AM
It might have been in a different thread, Mr.Judge. :)

This new forum will take a few days to get used to... but, I am sure I posted it here.... :(

RR
28th December 2004, 08:11 AM
NOV:

Where was my message posted in this thread couple of days ago? I did not post anything with obscene language or anything. why?

NOV is off the net now. I'll address your query.

Did you post on the new DF? or old DF?

MrJudge
28th December 2004, 09:57 AM
NOV is off the net now. I'll address your query.

Did you post on the new DF? or old DF?

I posted it on this thread (New DF) ...Also dinesh posted couple of messages and they are gone tooo...It's ok, RR, no big deal :)

Guess_Me
28th December 2004, 10:55 AM
I also remember replying to Judge's post but those are gone too.

RR
28th December 2004, 12:16 PM
Is that the '2 albums of ARR' thread? It was moved from 'Current topics' to 'ARR albums'. There may be a bug with 'shadow topics' while posting in lite view. I'm working on it..

NOV
28th December 2004, 04:00 PM
Why is my head being rolled here (direct translation!)?

As at today, I have not deleted any posting from this Forum. In fact I was commenting that this Forum seems to be the cleanest. :)

MrJudge
28th December 2004, 05:41 PM
RR:

I am sure that This is the thread I was posting. And I was not using lite version of forum either. There may be another bug sitting around the corner quietly? :evil:

NOV:

You are the moderator of this thread, that is the reason your head is being rolled :lol:

NOV
28th December 2004, 06:08 PM
ok Mr.Judge
since I have not deleted any postings and since RR says something may have been lost, why dont you just repost and get over it? :)

RR
28th December 2004, 06:43 PM
RR:

I am sure that This is the thread I was posting. And I was not using lite version of forum either. There may be another bug sitting around the corner quietly? :evil:
:

you guys talking about the 'dumb guy' , 'smart pants' petty fights? they deserved to go.

dinesh2002
28th December 2004, 08:42 PM
hey guys,A/C also launched!!!

sad
29th December 2004, 10:06 AM
Bestfriend trailor on galatta.com
but must be a premium member to watch it.
can someone upload the video or music on net

sad
30th December 2004, 03:55 PM
S J Suryah’s BF – Kushi part II

After creating a new trend in New, SJ Suryah is once again at it with BF which is the acronym of Best Friend. BF is produced by his Annai Mary Madha Creations. Debutante Nila from Delhi plays the lead role opposite SJ Suryah. Suryah while talking to the press about BF said that the movie is a humourous love story and is his previous blockbuster, Kushi Part II. Normally two lovers are united by either their friends or an action hero but in BF the lovers’ sweet memories together unite them.
The other cast are under finalization. AR Rahman is scoring the music and Venu is the cinematographer. Apart from acting and producing, SJ Suryah is wielding the megaphone and has written the story, screen play and dialogues. The shooting of BF will commence early next year.

sanchayy
30th December 2004, 07:59 PM
varukirai thodukirai
ennai venir pol
ane sudukirai
po po enkiran
pokamal ane nikkirai
varukiran thodukiran
nane panir polathan
vilukiran
nee po po enkirai
ahnal poie solkirai....

sanchayy
30th December 2004, 08:01 PM
this song is written by valli for rahman music!

MrJudge
3rd January 2005, 08:46 PM
Saw the preview..... nothing great, very oridinary stuff. Surya says the movie is an entertainer but why this much serious orchestra piece for the preview.......It is going to be another BF!

sad
4th January 2005, 06:55 AM
-edited-

wait till we see n hear the preview...
i'm sure BESTFRIEND will be a great score

sad
14th January 2005, 03:23 PM
A.Rahman - S.J.Suryah Mystery:
Thursday, January 13th, 2005

A.R.Rahman, the maestro of music, who is the trend setter of music in the Tamil Cine Field, has diverted his concentration towards foreign countries. When asked about this to him, he says, “Opportunity only knocks your door once, I don’t want to miss the opportunity and then feel for it in the future.” Nowadays, he composes music for only few Tamil films, which has led to the rise of lot of new music directors who follow his path.

The general complaint about A.R.Rahman is that he takes lot of time to compose music for the film. He doesn’t like people urging him to compose music in a given time period.

A mystery is making it’s rounds in Kodambakkam that A.R.Rahman is composing music for Director S.J.Surya, who has given three hits in a row, even before the pooja of the film. For S.J.Surya’s latest project, Best Friend, A.R.Rahman has composed music for four songs at the time of the film’s pooja. It is believed that A.R.Rahman has lot of confidence in S.J.Surya, that he spends his precious time working on S.J.Surya’s films.

sad
25th February 2005, 07:10 PM
One does not know whether the king of Rome, Nero had played the fiddle when the whole Rome was on fire. But S.J.Surya maintains absolute cool amidst the raging fire of controversy around him. Along with him actress Nila is creating chilling effect. The scene, which he is taking, gives an effect of being in Kashmir in winter.

In the film, 'Best Friend', S.J.Surya is acting as reporter 'Shiva'. In the daytime he is doing his work as a reporter, in the evenings, glues himself in his lover's saree. As per the film, she does not know how to wear a saree. "So, what, I am here to help", says S.J.Surya. While he is at it, both of them get into the imaginary mode.

He is slowly helping her to wear saree step by step A.R.Rahman's keyboard captures this 'moment' with song. Vaali had written the song for this sequence.

"Thazhuvudhu Nazhuvudhu
Nazhuvudhu Thazhuvudhu
Thazhuviyum Nazhuvudhu
Nazhuvivum Thazhaluvudhu
Kadai Ondru Ezhuthudhu
Eniya Malai Pozhuthidhu

Oru Pakkam Kadhal
Oru Pakkam Modhal
Iru pakkam Konda
Nanayam Naam

Oru Ganam Oodal
Maru Ganam Koodal
Irandum Kalanda
Kaaviyam Naam.

When you think of the song and the situation, it seems Women's Organizations have lot of work to do when the film gets released.

baba88
9th March 2005, 07:30 PM
I think BF will release before God Father.
Source : www.sify.com 09.03.2005

stone cold
22nd March 2005, 12:10 PM
Tamil Name on Tamil New Year's Day - S.J.Surya

There is an unbelievable change in Surya. In a film, the comedian Senthil, would deliver a dialogue in 'English', "I walk in English, speak in English, eat in English". S.J.Surya's position is almost similar to that of Senthil now. The only different is, the word English in that dialogue should be replaced as 'Tamil'.

This change in Surya has been evident from the day he had accepted to change the name of his film 'Best Friend' into Tamil. While giving interviews to media, he even request them to print his name with the title, 'The younger son of Mother Tamil' (Tamizh Thayin Ilaya Magan). His passion for Tamil had gone to that extent!

His another passion is, heroine of the film 'Best friend', Nila. Surya is all praise for her. 'She look exactly like Simran and perform in the same manner in the film, she is the next Simran". His face brightens like a full moon when he said this.

This film is the real life story of S.J.Surya. "I have compiled many interesting incidents in real life and had given cinematic coat over them".

'Best Friend's shooting is 80% completed. Just a few more, talkie portions and three song sequences are to be completed. S.J.Surya had decided to go to London to shoot a song sequence.

What is the specialty of 'Best friend'?

"The film's story can be enjoyed by the people of all ages from kids to aged people. I have taken few scenes especially to attract kids. Apart from this, graphics will also have a special part in this cinema". One thing we have forgotten to mention, what is the Tamil name of the film 'Best friend'? Surya says that, he would announce the new Tamil name only on Tamil New Year's day!

"Azhagiya Tamil Magan Idho"
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/21032005-2.shtml

dinesh2002
22nd March 2005, 06:24 PM
that means audio release on 14th april???

baba88
20th April 2005, 07:08 PM
The new Title of this Movie is A Ah (the first and second letter of the tamil alphabet)

dinesh2002
20th April 2005, 08:26 PM
it also carries another meaning.....

stimulating sound..... SJS is a very very creative man...see how he named his movie?!

alias
21st April 2005, 08:28 PM
Yes, I use to think SJS is a crap guy but no, he is talented. You can call him modern P.Vasu. He use to take old stories and convert it to modern format with good screenplay adn that is what P Vasu has been doing for years since he started in En Thangachi Padichava.

arunprakashhh
22nd April 2005, 03:41 AM
where can i listen to valli film songs? pl help.

dinesh2002
22nd April 2005, 11:37 AM
where can i listen to valli film songs? pl help.

www.raaga.com/channels/tamil

www.musicmazaa.com

www.oosai.com

www.musicindiaonline.com

stone cold
28th April 2005, 09:41 PM
so when is the album releasing?

dinesh2002
29th April 2005, 04:26 PM
yo guys,A AAh audio is supose to release next week ight??any more updates?

Vaz
29th April 2005, 05:17 PM
Don't worry... As with most of ARR's release this one also will be delayed... There is not even any confirmed release date! I think it is highly time that ARR should start having some real power on the audio release of his films... Make it a clause from his contract or whatever... Hope I'll be proven wrong with Ah Aah releasing on time next week!

Anyway I'm really eager to see what he has reserved us this time... musically speaking...

sad
8th May 2005, 07:30 AM
BESTFRIEND(Ah Aah) old teaser trailer can be seen here www.numtv.com/payperview/newppv/new.html its free but sound quality is DAMN BAD!!!

Gaja
12th May 2005, 09:37 AM
Guys...yesterday i saw the audio poster of Simbu's A/C saying " Coming Soon.. Music : A.R.Rahman..Director : SJ Suryah"...

The audio company is DTS (same company which released Desam in Malaysia)

So its confirm that A/C audio will be out soon :-)

sad
23rd May 2005, 07:43 PM
http://www.globaltamil.com/photoshow/albums/userpics/10001/normal_3%7E33.jpg
http://www.globaltamil.com/photoshow/albums/userpics/10001/normal_2%7E35.jpg

coucou
28th May 2005, 12:48 AM
IN HIS LAST INTERVIEW on sun tv sj surya says all songs are great. the begining lyrics of one of the songs is:
HERO: VARUGIRAY VARUGIRAY
VENNIRPOL EN ENMEL PAIGIRAY
PO PO PO

heroine: VARUGIREN VARUGIREN
NAN PANNIRPOL THAN UNNMEL VILUGIREN
PO PO PO ENGIRAY
ANAL NEE POI SOLGIRAY

sj surya is absolutly sure that this song will be a hit

Scale
28th May 2005, 10:08 AM
http://www.globaltamil.com/photoshow/albums/userpics/10001/normal_3%7E33.jpg
http://www.globaltamil.com/photoshow/albums/userpics/10001/normal_2%7E35.jpg

I AM AFRAID IS THIS GOING TO BE A REAL BF....(LOOKING ALL STILLS). I HATE "NEW" BCOZ OF THE LACK OF SCRIPT AND SJ SURYA'S INSERTION OF NUDITY TO COMPENSATE. WONDERING HOW IT BECAME A HIT???

GOD SAVE "ARR".