PDA

View Full Version : BEST COMEDIAN

Yathu
20th April 2007, 09:52 PM
:lol2: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :cry3:

Who is CURRENTLY the BEST comedian in Tamil movies?

Who makes you cry with laughter everytime you even think of them?

:lol2: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :cry3:

nemesis786
20th April 2007, 09:58 PM
If you cry he is not a comedian! Probably you are doing a comedy in here :lol2:

Villan
20th April 2007, 11:17 PM
If you cry he is not a comedian! Probably you are doing a comedy in here :lol2:
:lol:

But avaru antha crya sollala nemesis...i have voted for Vadivelu...

maithree
22nd April 2007, 04:14 AM
Ippadi Otureenge! :lol: Old Hubber-a? :confused2:

I Voted for Santhanam. 8-)

Vadivelu and Vivek's Material have gotten a bit Sour IMO. :)

Wibha
22nd April 2007, 04:36 AM
VIVEK is not der anymore :cry3:

ippo irukara comedians r very mokkai... :banghead: and to make things worse hero's demselves bcome comedians :banghead:

thimuru
22nd April 2007, 09:27 AM
nowadays comedians are waste..mokka pasanga!

thala kavundamani time than kalakals

P_R
23rd April 2007, 12:20 AM

thala kavundamani time than kalakals Exactly. There is a yawning gap. Not much to choose from among the lot. As the master would say: "rejected case-ukkallAm edhukkudA rekamendEsan !"

Raikkonen
23rd April 2007, 09:20 AM

thala kavundamani time than kalakals

Ya
the best there was; the best there is; the best there will ever be = Goundamani Ankil...

Vadivel is the worst, same old recycled stuff over and over and over and over again.. and it's not even funny.. :banghead:..
in one movie a little girl cheats him.. :banghead: what a distasteful comedy skit is that.. yukkie..

groucho070
23rd April 2007, 09:34 AM
I agree about Goundamani. He is the only guy who can insult anyone and get away with it...clean.

Vadiveloo and Vivek are good...but too much of the same material. Vadiveloo getting beaten up is getting boring. Vivek...his play of words are getting boring too. Give me Goundamani anytime.

I complained elsewhere that all the best this and that is boring. Why not best this and that combined?

Like best leading actor in comedy? You can name the actor and the films...

Like NT in Bale Pandiya. Kamal in MMKR. Rajini in Guru Sisyan. Sathyaraj in Nadigan...so on so forth. Any takers?

Raikkonen
23rd April 2007, 09:59 AM
Prabhu in Arangetra Velai

joe
23rd April 2007, 10:12 AM
Groucho,
do you think GuruShisyan is the best Rajini comedy movie? For me ,it is Thillu mulllu

groucho070
23rd April 2007, 10:18 AM
Going off-thread here, but let me list actors...in random order.

Best comedy performances by leading actor:

NT - Bale Pandiya
Kamal - MMKR
Rajini - Guru Sisyan
Sathyaraj - Nadigan
Prabhu - Chinna Mappilai
Madhavan - Nala Dhamayanthi

Other mentions(my non-favourite, but respected):
Bagyaraj - Avasara Police 100
Pandiyarajan - Ann Pavam
Parthiban - Tata Birla
Karthik - Ullattai Alli Taa
Visu - Pattukoottai Periyappa
S.V. Sekhar - Manal Kayiru

But then, there has been comedians who did lead role in a comedy film. Long list, eh?

groucho070
23rd April 2007, 10:20 AM
Crikey, Joe. You are right. How could I forget Thillu Mullu. I need an old shoe to wack my forehead!!!

joe
23rd April 2007, 10:34 AM
Going off-thread here, but let me list actors...in random order.

Best comedy performances by leading actor:

NT - Bale Pandiya
Kamal - MMKR
Rajini - Guru Sisyan
Sathyaraj - Nadigan
Prabhu - Chinna Mappilai
Madhavan - Nala Dhamayanthi

Other mentions(my non-favourite, but respected):
Bagyaraj - Avasara Police 100
Pandiyarajan - Ann Pavam
Parthiban - Tata Birla
Karthik - Ullattai Alli Taa
Visu - Pattukoottai Periyappa
S.V. Sekhar - Manal Kayiru

But then, there has been comedians who did lead role in a comedy film. Long list, eh?

Good picks!

But I prefer Ullae Veliye even pontatti thevai for Parthipan.

Prabhu had many others like Vietnam colony,Arangetra veLai

MADDY
23rd April 2007, 10:59 AM
Koundamani is all time best :clap:

NSK's is very sensible comedy........vivek's is very "yedartham" and vadivelu is all about dialogue delivery...........

future -> Santhanam - this dude has great timing 8-) ......would like to see him with Kamalhassan once and see his timing...... :roll:

joe
23rd April 2007, 11:52 AM
Koundamani is all time best :clap:

For me,It is one and only Nagesh! :D

thimuru
23rd April 2007, 06:37 PM
Groucho,
do you think GuruShisyan is the best Rajini comedy movie? For me ,it is Thillu mulllu

its gurushishyan which made me laugh out loud!

in thillu mullu its cocunut srinivasan who stole the show

P_R
23rd April 2007, 06:45 PM
Prabhu had many others like Vietnam colony,Arangetra veLai Interestingly both of them were Malayalam remakes directed by the hilarious directorial combo Siddique-Lal. Mohanlal-Innocent in the original Vietnam colony pretty shared the honours. In Tamil GM stole the show.

Another of Prabhu's best is 'Kanni Raasi' directed by Paandiarajan.

P_R
23rd April 2007, 06:45 PM
Prabhu had many others like Vietnam colony,Arangetra veLai Interestingly both of them were Malayalam remakes directed by the hilarious directorial combo Siddique-Lal. Mohanlal-Innocent in the original Vietnam colony pretty shared the honours. In Tamil GM stole the show.

Another of Prabhu's best is 'Kanni Raasi' directed by Paandiarajan.

A.ANAND
24th April 2007, 07:03 AM
m.r.ratha,all time my fav.[ratta kannira]marakka mudiyuma???

NOV
24th April 2007, 07:23 AM
IMO, goundamani is loud, uncouth and pure slapstick. The 80s sucked as far as comedians were concerned, with every movie having the goundamani-senthil duo.

I prefer subtle and witty humour from the likes of NSK, Cho and Vivek. :thumbsup:

pavalamani pragasam
24th April 2007, 07:26 AM
Chandra Babu

NOV
24th April 2007, 07:26 AM
IMO, goundamani is loud, uncouth and pure slapstick. The 80s sucked as far as comedians were concerned, with every movie having the goundamani-senthil duo.

I prefer subtle and witty humour from the likes of NSK, Cho and Vivek. :thumbsup:ok, ok this sounds snobbish. :lol2:

I do enjoy slapstick too, gounds and vadivelu included, but not on a regular basis.

Mozhi is a good example of humour without any regular comedians.

joe
24th April 2007, 07:27 AM
NOV,
You didn't even mentioned Nagesh :shock:

NOV
24th April 2007, 07:38 AM
You didn't even mentioned Nagesh :shock:sorry Joe, I didnt want to limit myself.

Not only Nagesh, there are too many good comedians from Thangavelu, Balaiah, SV Sekhar, Manivannan etc

of course there have been loud ones such as VK Ramasamy, Thengai Srinivasan and some real unfunny ones like YG Mahendran, MRR Vasu and some obscene ones like SS Chandran Vennira Aadai Moorthy, etc.

P_R
24th April 2007, 07:40 AM
Gounder excelled in slapstick too. But to remember him only for the kicks would be missing his point altogether. The signature kick reflected an attitude of irreverence that lifted his comedy to a new level. It is always going to be deifficult to compare acropss ages. Though I have enjoyed and laughed with most across the ages, GM is the only man who has me laughing out loud, laughing when I recall scenes and so on.

Many people share your opinion that he was loud and generally helped lowered the bar. That is really unfortunate. His sense of timing, ability to generate humour even in the complete absence of funny lines, fantastic voice modulation (something Senthil shares ably) set him apart. Truly one of the most under-appreciated talent in the history of Tamil Films. There are some small and noble efforts trying to offset that. (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=5379&start=0) :-)

IMO, NSK is an acquired taste. I didn't like him initially vis-a-vis Nagesh. It took me a while to get a hang of his style etc. Now I can never get enough of some sequences, like the competition song with MGR in Chakravarthi ThirumgaL. But with Gounder there is no such thing as acquired taste. It is a hit or miss.

NOV
24th April 2007, 07:56 AM
Many people share your opinion that he was loud and generally helped lowered the bar. That is really unfortunate. :exactly:

Truly one of the most under-appreciated talent in the history of Tamil Films. :shock: :aghast:
he was holding the fort for more than a decade and it was old age that made him pave the way for others.

thamizhvaanan
24th April 2007, 08:11 AM
. Vivek...his play of words are getting boring too. :yes:

vadivelu is all about dialogue delivery........... and timing too :exactly:

Everyone is commenting on how vadivelu's comedies are getting too repetitive and boring. Isnt that the job of scriptwriters :huh may be they are running out of ideas.

But a comedians skill lies in elevating the humor in the scene even if the script only has a little to offer. I think vadivelu is excellent in that regard. Both his dialogue delivery and timing are perfect. :thumbsup:

Tia
24th April 2007, 11:23 PM
all the comedians are good..it changes time to time cos eventually the comedey by one becomes boring cos theres too much of it, like in every single movie, so then another person becomes famous, and then after one year that person becomes boring too cos he's in all the famous movies doing all the comedy, and then it movies on etc etcc

it used to b vivek fo me...nw vaidvel...and kinda santhanam is getting gd! :D

ThalaNass
24th April 2007, 11:36 PM
tia@gaayu
i expect u would say vijay as best comedian..
:o

Sanjeevi
25th April 2007, 12:01 AM
Santhanathu rendu vote-a? he imitates Koundar. Aniyayam :evil: :lol:

Some years back, it was Vivek, now Vadivenu (veru vazhi illa :roll:)

ThalaNass
25th April 2007, 12:09 AM
Sanjeevi sir,
santhanam got lot m0re m0vies in hand than other comedians at the m0ment like kridam,atm, dhanush m0vie, simbu m0vie etc.. His face itself vry funny.. :lol:

Tia
25th April 2007, 12:24 AM
one thing...vj is not a comedian! :o buttt vj is still awesome at everything and he does do awesome comedy...ghilli..one of the bestttt! i laugh every time i even think about it :rotfl: aaaa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa falling from the roof :rotfl: :rotfl:

tia@gaayu

Wibha
25th April 2007, 07:56 AM
one thing...vj is not a comedian! :o buttt vj is still awesome at everything and he does do awesome comedy...ghilli..one of the bestttt! i laugh every time i even think about it :rotfl: aaaa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa falling from the roof :rotfl: :rotfl:

tia@gaayu

:lol: :lol:

joe
25th April 2007, 07:59 AM
I think ,Rajesh Kanna is better than Santhaanam

P_R
25th April 2007, 08:01 AM
I think ,Rajesh Kanna is better than Santhaanam Joe, adhu Ramesh Kanna.
Rajesh Kanna is an unintentional comedian.

joe
25th April 2007, 08:04 AM
I think ,Rajesh Kanna is better than Santhaanam Joe, adhu Ramesh Kanna.
Rajesh Kanna is an unintentional comedian.

:lol: Sorry! Tounge slip ayiduchu.

I don't know why ramesh kanna is not recognised as a worth comedian..He was good in Thenali ,Nee varuvaai ena etc .

is it because he is known as director more than comedian .I think he directed ajith movie 'thodarum'

P_R
25th April 2007, 08:12 AM
He was pretty good in his debut film 'unnidathil ennai koduthEn'.

He is KSR's assistant and comes in a brief role even in Avvai Shanmugi , as a director in the scene where Meena interrupts the shooring

Kamal: Ivaru dhaan director ?
Meena: enna periya Ashok LeylAnd TVS director-A ? verum Cinema director dhAnE .

Ramesh kanna: Paandi neenga EdhO personal-A pEsureenga pOla irukku... naan appuram varEn

Thirumaran
25th April 2007, 10:45 AM
If i have to prefer only one My choice is Cho :P

His nakkal's and timing :thumbsup:

Watch for Muhammad bin Tughlaq :lol:

Then there is a big list.

Among them Nagesh comes first.
In the next generation Koundamani.
As of now it is Vadivelu. Vivek's comedies boring nowadays. Almost of same type. :roll:

joe
25th April 2007, 10:52 AM
Thirumaran,
I agree that Cho is best in political satire ..Muhammod bin Thuglak was excellent.

But Cho is not versatile like Nagesh. :)

Thirumaran
25th April 2007, 11:11 AM
Thirumaran,
I agree that Cho is best in political satire ..Muhammod bin Thuglak was excellent.

Completely agreed. :D No Deny on this. Nagesh falls as a great actor not just comes under comedy and great in comedy too. :P

Cho is not only sarcastic over political. He is sarcastic for almost any social discrepancies he feel.

My liking towards Cho is basically on a personal interest as my nature is somehow like the way he is. :)

joe
25th April 2007, 11:15 AM
My liking towards Cho is basically on a personal interest as my nature is somehow like the way he is. :)

I too like him ,even today I am regularly reading Thuglak ,though I don't agree with his political views ,I still wanted to know his view.

Thirumaran
25th April 2007, 11:26 AM

I too like him ,even today I am regularly reading Thuglak ,though I don't agree with his political views ,I still wanted to know his view.

Same with me with one difference. I would agree with maximum of his views. For me Tughlaq is the best Tamil Magazine among the popularly available magazines.

Anyhow that is out of topic :wink:

joe
25th April 2007, 11:33 AM
I would agree with maximum of his views. For me Tughlaq is the best Tamil Magazine among the popularly available magazines.

I also had the same opinion when I was in your age :)

Anyhow that is out of topic :wink:

Yeah..Lets close this :)

ajaybaskar
25th April 2007, 11:41 AM
Thirumaran,

Completely agreed. :D No Deny on this. Nagesh falls as a great actor not just comes under comedy and great in comedy too. :P

Cho is not only sarcastic over political. He is sarcastic for almost any social discrepancies he feel.

Watch Guru Sishyan. Whenever Cho thinks of an evil strategy, see his finger actions...

Thirumaran
25th April 2007, 11:44 AM
Watch Guru Sishyan. Whenever Cho thinks of an evil strategy, see his finger actions...

That was well known. :rotfl:

All Popular political symbols he represents :P

joe
25th April 2007, 11:51 AM
Cho comes as s politician (Vaigai VaLavan) and his brother a policeman ,double act in 'Thangapathakkam'.

Politician Cho speaks...

அண்ணன்களுகெல்லாம் நான் தம்பி
தம்பிகளுக்கெல்லாம் நான் அண்ணன்

இந்த ஒப்பற்ற தத்துவத்தை உலகுக்கு சொல்வதே என் கடமை!

ThalaNass
25th April 2007, 01:35 PM
Cho-va, So-va..?
:roll:
the virginia tech murderer's name is Cho rite? :evil:

thimuru
25th April 2007, 01:40 PM
Cho-va, So-va..?

so?

ThalaNass
25th April 2007, 02:09 PM
Cho-va, So-va..?

so?

So..?? aChoCho.. :lol: :lol:

P_R
25th April 2007, 07:08 PM
Cho comes as s politician (Vaigai VaLavan) and his brother a policeman ,double act in 'Thangapathakkam'.

Politician Cho speaks...

அண்ணன்களுகெல்லாம் நான் தம்பி
தம்பிகளுக்கெல்லாம் நான் அண்ணன்

இந்த ஒப்பற்ற தத்துவத்தை உலகுக்கு சொல்வதே என் கடமை!

My favourite is:
senRu varugirEn aNNI : padai pala ethirthu, kadai pala thiRanthu, vadai pala thinRu ....

joe
25th April 2007, 07:20 PM
senRu varugirEn aNNI : padai pala ethirthu, kadai pala thiRanthu, vadai pala thinRu ....

:lol: Exactly :D

P_R
25th April 2007, 07:33 PM
I too like him ,even today I am regularly reading Thuglak ,though I don't agree with his political views ,I still wanted to know his view. ditto here. He has become too mcuh of a right winger to be enjoyable any more. But Thuglak's humour is still a cut above the rest. The kElvi badhil and the irregular 'oNNarai pakkA nALEdu' almost always have me laughing out loud.

A few years back I went to the staging of the Thuglak play. It was an unchanged script, so you can see some dated references : like Sobers touring India and the DMK-Swatantra alliance of '67. But the play was hilarious.

In the interval Cho announced: " we have not changed a single word in the play in the last 35 years. For the fact that it continues to be enjoyed by the audience we thank the politicians of this country for keeping the political situation the same"

Thirumaran
25th April 2007, 07:44 PM
A few years back I went to the staging of the Thuglak play. It was an unchanged script, so you can see some dated references : like Sobers touring India and the DMK-Swatantra alliance of '67. But the play was hilarious.

In the interval Cho announced: " we have not changed a single word in the play in the last 35 years. For the fact that it continues to be enjoyed by the audience we thank the politicians of this country for keeping the political situation the same"

:rotfl:

ajithfederer
15th May 2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QKmO-_Jte4&NR=1

ajithfederer
15th May 2007, 11:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2O7wZJKpNA&mode=related&search=

ajithfederer
15th May 2007, 11:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vylZSpb9r8Y&mode=related&search=

shobana_in
15th May 2007, 11:05 AM

bulody drunken munk

ajithfederer
15th May 2007, 11:08 AM
Shobana , u a goundamani fan ?? 8-)

bulody drunken munk

shobana_in
15th May 2007, 11:08 AM

bulody drunken munk

see my signature

ajithfederer
15th May 2007, 11:09 AM
ok :lol:

bulody drunken munk

see my signature

Raikkonen
15th May 2007, 01:21 PM
Goundus in Mannan - nuff' said

raaja_rasigan
15th May 2007, 07:58 PM
is this thread turning into Goundamani - II thread :roll:

Yathu
15th May 2007, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2O7wZJKpNA&mode=related&search=

:rotfl:

I haven't seen this clip for soo long......lol wen Senthil escapes from Goundamani in a van everytime :rotfl:

"I am sorry technical fault" :rotfl2:

nemesis786
15th May 2007, 08:41 PM

Isnt that the thread's title? Then why discuss about yesteryear comedians? :?:

Yathu
15th May 2007, 08:53 PM

Freeya Vudu, Freeya Vudu, Freeya Vudu Maamay, intha threaduku illa guarantee.... :wink:

nemesis786
15th May 2007, 08:54 PM

Freeya Vudu, Freeya Vudu, Freeya Vudu Maamay, intha threaduku illa guarantee.... :wink:

Prasanna
9th June 2007, 09:04 PM
why do you guys search for a comedian wen u have ppl lik vijaykanth and paerarasu :cry3: :exactly:

Yathu
10th June 2007, 01:51 AM