PDA

View Full Version : Selva Raghavan

ajithfederer
1st May 2007, 08:22 PM
A very good director (atleast for me !!) . I have watched and liked all his movies and i liked his latest movie Pudupettai.....It was an excellent film for me......

I want Ajith to act with him as he knows how to bring the best from an actor :)

His Profile : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selvaraghavan

Discuss!!

thimuru
1st May 2007, 08:23 PM
SELVARAGHAVAN-GOT HIS WN STYLE!

ajithfederer
1st May 2007, 08:27 PM
Kamal with selvaraghavan should be a mouthwatering combo :P

Shakthiprabha.
1st May 2007, 09:16 PM
Good Director!

Ive watched 2 of his movies, I liked both.

atqsar72
1st May 2007, 10:52 PM
Any one knows about his latest Telugu release?

kannannn
2nd May 2007, 12:06 AM
What can I say :P He is the most exciting director around. 7G was a bit of a downer after Kadhal Kondein, but Pudhupettai made up for all his previous shortcomings. Too bad it didn't do well when released. Namba makkalin rasanaikku matroru eduthukkattu :banghead:

ajithfederer
2nd May 2007, 12:45 AM
The Movie has opened up with a good response as far as my friends say here 8-)
http://www.idlebrain.com/movie/archive/mr-amav.html

Nerd
2nd May 2007, 01:15 AM
After multiple viewings of all his movies, 7GRC is my favorite. The acting was pathetic though. OTOH acting was terrific in kAdhal koNdEn. I still cant convince myself that PP is a great movie. The screenplay kind of wobbles here and there and the director sure got confused as to how to end the movie.

P_R
2nd May 2007, 01:33 AM
After multiple viewings of all his movies, 7GRC is my favorite. The acting was pathetic though. OTOH acting was terrific in kAdhal koNdEn. I still cant convince myself that PP is a great movie. The screenplay kind of wobbles here and there and the director sure got confused as to how to end the movie.ditto (gonna start counting the number of times I say ditto to Nerd's posts :-) ).

In PuduppEttai he seemed very conscious of making a classic. It really dragged towards the end. Characters were wasted and some scenes were there really for show (like the celebrated aruvaal training scene).

OTOH 7G was pretty disturbing. Ravikrishna still doesn't get that his is a one-role career. Even in absolute lack of modulation in his nasal voice fit the character well. The movie got really sappy towards the end and could ended way earlier. But that criticism applies to several better films too.

Kaadhal Kondein was novel and interesting. Some of the visuals and scenes make you sit up and take notice. But it didn't raise the expectations too high, so I enjoyed 7G. Perhaps it was because of the high expectations post 7G that I didn't enjoy PP that much.

kannannn
2nd May 2007, 02:54 AM
After multiple viewings of all his movies, 7GRC is my favorite. The acting was pathetic though. OTOH acting was terrific in kAdhal koNdEn. I still cant convince myself that PP is a great movie. The screenplay kind of wobbles here and there and the director sure got confused as to how to end the movie.
7G was a pretty straight forward movie. It was an overdose of emotion. OTOH PP was raw and complex. Right from the starting green tinged prison scenes (mudhal kola pannum bodhu udambula appadiye oru vesha bodhai erum. Naan dhaan ellamnu) to the end where he waits for his rival to finish his last meal, PP tied me to my seat. It is a movie that works on different layers - all of them waiting to be peeled and analysed. Every time I do that I am left spell-bound. Be it the split-screen effects or the map showing Kokki Kumar's expanding region of influence, Selva Raghavan's genius shines through. Not to mention his tribute to film makers from Coppola (PR, that's probably the aruval training scene you are talking about) to Tarantino .

keerthy
2nd May 2007, 04:34 AM

yep...AMAV is good and i liked it.....Selvaraghavan is a successful director and he has proved it again with this movie :thumbsup:

MADDY
2nd May 2007, 06:29 AM
selvaraghavan - reminds me of the yesteryear BaluMahendra...........for a fact, i havent enjoyed both of these guys movies.......PP was unsittable esp if u have seen technically superior RGV's don movies..........Kadhal Kondein was again crass at some places........reminded of Guna atleast at 10 places while watching the movie..........i'm fortunate enuf not to have seen 7GRC.........TI, IMO is the pick of his movies...... :D ......at first i thot it was a C-centre blue film but after watching it on SUNTV once, i was amazed........

selvaraghavan's narration style is somewhat unique and Dark ............which makes him stand out from the rest......... :D

(wat happened to his hindi venture?? :roll: ......hope it never materialises :D )

P_R
2nd May 2007, 07:50 AM
7G was a pretty straight forward movie. It was an overdose of emotion. OTOH PP was raw and complex. Right from the starting green tinged prison scenes (mudhal kola pannum bodhu udambula appadiye oru vesha bodhai erum. Naan dhaan ellamnu) to the end where he waits for his rival to finish his last meal, PP tied me to my seat. It is a movie that works on different layers - all of them waiting to be peeled and analysed. Every time I do that I am left spell-bound. Be it the split-screen effects or the map showing Kokki Kumar's expanding region of influence, Selva Raghavan's genius shines through. Not to mention his tribute to film makers from Coppola (PR, that's probably the aruval training scene you are talking about) to Tarantino .
I watched the film just once and your post made me delve into the archives and see what my initial reaction (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3935&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=645) was.

Am still not sure I'd use the word complex wrt PP. I am quite a miser when using the word wrt Tamil films :-)

The aruvaal-training was a Tarantino tribute eh ? Should have guessed. enna padam ? But with Tarantino, you are kind of put in a different world. There is no attempt to reconcile with the logic and worse still morals, of the world as we know it. But I just didn't think Selvaraghavan pulled it off.

And, glad to know atleast one of us found the last meal scene riveting :-)

Pras
2nd May 2007, 11:54 AM
the next movie of selva raghavan is with vikram :clap:

kannannn
2nd May 2007, 05:39 PM
The aruvaal-training was a Tarantino tribute eh ? Should have guessed. enna padam ? But with Tarantino, you are kind of put in a different world. There is no attempt to reconcile with the logic and worse still morals, of the world as we know it. But I just didn't think Selvaraghavan pulled it off.

And, glad to know atleast one of us found the last meal scene riveting :-)

Uhh!! I meant Coppola. The scene is very similar to the one where Clemenza teaches Michael how to execute (do I sound violent?) his first kill in Godfather. Of course, not to mention the court scene, where Kokki Kumar has his wife's family menacingly surrounded by his men - a direct reference to Michael bringing the brother of one of the witnesses from Italy during the Commision's hearings in Godfather II.

selvakumar
2nd May 2007, 06:44 PM
Feddy machi :notworthy: Thanks for opening a thread for my favorite director :clap:

I thought of starting a thread for him with a title "New Releases of SELVA" :P :lol:

--------

What to say. One of the directors who is known for simple yet powerful narration. He never uses animated graphics to show the majesty of a scene. He hardly uses foolish dialogues to portray the intensity of a scene.

Even in a simple setting, he can create scenes which will be in your mind for a long time. Just have a look at the scene in 7GRC in which Kathir speaks to his beloved who is now visible only to him.
The intensity is something unexplainable. :clap:
ONly a director like SELVA can create such kind of magic. :thumbsup:

The scene in which Kathir's father breaks out when he sees the offer letter of his son and the dialogue.. " Ini oru paya solluvaan.. en pulla kaiyaalaagaathavannu " :thumbsup:

I watch his movies in the first week itself. I travelled for more than 2 hours just to watch 7GRC.

The ONLY director who is known for bringing the best out of YSR :clap:

TI - Donno how many times this album was played in our college hostels.
"Adi 15 ponathu 16 vanthathu thaavani paarthaen
Meesai vanthathu, thadavi paarthaen parukkal irundathu.. Unnnlae"
Vayathukku vantha pennae vaadi munnae
Ilavasamaai tharuvaen endran idayam thaanae"

After this, SELVA & YSR became the hot favorites for the MIDDLE CLASS & C CENTRE youth as well A class guys :)

The GAP between the audio release & the movie release was high. But yet TI became one of the trendsetters of tamil cinema. :clap: HOw many movies followed TI and ended up as crap.
Even a COMBO like Shankar + ARR couldn't beat this movie in TN 8-)

I watched TI after its 125 days celebration in Kamala theatre. Even at that time, it was 75% FULL :)
One director who makes even STONES to ACT !

Having said that,
My favorite movies would be TI and 7GRC :smokesmirk: :P :bluejump:
I donno.. but i didn't like KK as much as I loved TI & 7GRC.

Songs like "Ninaithu Ninaithu", "Devathaiyai Kandaen" still looks fresh and I never get tired listening to them.

Having said that, PP was a complete let down for me. I expected a lot from PP. I went to this one in the second day itself. After the 3.75 hours, I ended up with a great disappointment. EXcept the first 90 mins, I didn't like anything in this movie. It was one of the biggest disappointments for me. Even I didn't like the songs in the movie. But felt glad when I read lot of appreciation for that from the critics.

One of the directors who will make you to watch the movie many times. :clap:

He is now planning to enter HINDI film industry. :P All the very best SELVA. Rock on ! :thumbsup:

nemesis786
2nd May 2007, 06:48 PM
Wealth Kumar Talks about Wealth Raghavan :clap: :clap:

nemesis786
2nd May 2007, 06:49 PM
My Ratings on his films :

THulluvadho Ilamai --> :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kaadhal Kondein -- > :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

7G Rainbow Colony --> Mega Waste Film i found it to be very very boring :x :evil:

Pudupettai --> :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

selvakumar
2nd May 2007, 06:50 PM
Wealth Kumar Talks about Wealth Raghavan :clap: :clap:

:lol: :wink:

IF Thala has to act in a romatic love story, I would prefer SELVA at any day.
Expecting this combo eagerly :P

selvakumar
2nd May 2007, 06:54 PM
7G Rainbow Colony --> Mega Waste Film i found it to be very very boring :x :evil:

Pudupettai --> :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I enjoyed every bit of 7G ( 3.5 hours) !
But again - I respect your opinion. AFAIK, 7G is the biggest hit of SELVA as ofnow :D

nemesis786
2nd May 2007, 07:01 PM
Selva KK ran for 200 days :D Semma hit ba! 7G herovuku onum kidaikila!!

All round victory was KK only Danush became a star, Yuvan's next step after Dheena megahit, Selvaragavan's recognition as mainstream director :thumbsup:

7G was a big hit no doubt! But i found it very boring there was no thrill like in PP or KK :D

We cant reason out why we like or dont like it sometimes idhuvum apidiye irukatum

thimuru
2nd May 2007, 07:05 PM
lyrics in selvaraghavan movies are of top class

selvakumar
2nd May 2007, 07:11 PM
Nemesis,
:D I don't think KK is his biggest hit. IF I am not wrong, I saw many family audience appreciating 7G something which was missing for KK. I also heard that 7G collections were amazing. May be : Publicity of AMRathnam could have been a reason.
I am sure 7G i shis biggest hit. :) But with sufficient proof, I can change it :)

nemesis786
2nd May 2007, 07:15 PM
Oh apadiya :roll:

But PP was taken very well Danush did a fabulous job but ivan screenplay sodhapitan :evil:

selvakumar
2nd May 2007, 07:19 PM
Oh apadiya :roll:

But PP was taken very well Danush did a fabulous job but ivan screenplay sodhapitan :evil:

:twisted: Dhanush was good in the first half. Athukkappuram ellam comedy thaan. I agree SP was bad. But at the sametime, IMHO, dhanush didn't suit that character at all :evil: :x

nemesis786
2nd May 2007, 07:21 PM
Danush is best actor in Asia :twisted: :evil: 8-)

MADDY
2nd May 2007, 07:27 PM
HOw many movies followed TI and ended up as crap.
Even a COMBO like Shankar + ARR couldn't beat this movie in TN 8-)

He is now planning to enter HINDI film industry. :P All the very best SELVA. Rock on ! :thumbsup:

y is he not using his usual combo in his hindi film???? :roll: ...........and plucking a person from failure combo??? :roll: .......hmmmm........

(btw, i dont think i need to go into audio sales of BOYS and TI.......y i'm saying this is ARR had more than done his job.......theres no reason y his name shuld be included in that mishap......padam nalla illaina MD enna panna mudiyum??? :roll: )

selvakumar
2nd May 2007, 07:30 PM
y is he not using his usual combo in his hindi film???? :roll: ...........and plucking a person from failure combo??? :roll: .......hmmmm........

(btw, i dont think i need to go into audio sales of BOYS and TI.......y i'm saying this is ARR had more than done his job.......theres no reason y his name shuld be included in that mishap......padam nalla illaina MD enna panna mudiyum??? :roll: )

Sorry if that sounded like a statement against ARR.

Normally, an average moviefan will go to a movie based on director / MD / Hero / Heroine etc !

so, A film from Shankar + ARR combo will generate much hype and my point was even such a big budget combo film couldn't beat this one :) It was one the combo & the film and not against ARR

Selva - ARR combo is an interesting one. Selva is known for extracting good music and I am sure the songs will be top-class.

joe
2nd May 2007, 07:32 PM
Selva,
As far as I know KK is the biggest hit Selvaraghavan movie in Tamil ,where as 7GRC was a smash hit in Telugu ,but just a hit in Tamil.

selvakumar
2nd May 2007, 07:33 PM
lyrics in selvaraghavan movies are of top class

:exactly:
Again TI will win hands down :) :P
In "Devathaiyai kandaen" song lyrics were top class.

"Kaatrinil kilyum ilaigalukkellam kaatrinil kobam kidaiyaathu
Unnidam kobam ingu naan kondaal enna aavathu engu povaathu"

"Kallarai melayae pootha pookkal, koonthalai poi thaan seraathu" :clap:

selvakumar
2nd May 2007, 07:35 PM
Selva,
As far as I know KK is the biggest hit Selvaraghavan movie in Tamil ,where as 7GRC was a smash hit in Telugu ,but just a hit in Tamil.

:) Thanks for the info JOE. Well.. Mine was a simple observation that I saw 7G reaching all classes better than KK. :)

MADDY
2nd May 2007, 07:47 PM
Sorry if that sounded like a statement against ARR.

Normally, an average moviefan will go to a movie based on director / MD / Hero / Heroine etc !

so, A film from Shankar + ARR combo will generate much hype and my point was even such a big budget combo film couldn't beat this one :) It was one the combo & the film and not against ARR

Selva - ARR combo is an interesting one. Selva is known for extracting good music and I am sure the songs will be top-class.

yea, it was almost like history repeated itself with Pattiyal beating the daylight out of pudhupettai........ppl. were sorta bored already with blood and gore in pattiyal and when PP released they were like :x ........Vishnu did to selva wat selva did to shankar...... :D

but still i dont understand y Selva didnt take U1 for his hindi movie???? :roll:

nemesis786
2nd May 2007, 07:51 PM
Selva,

:exactly: :clap:

KK rocked

selvakumar
2nd May 2007, 07:54 PM
yea, it was almost like history repeated itself with Pattiyal beating the daylight out of pudhupettai........ppl. were sorta bored already with blood and gore in pattiyal and when PP released they were like :x ........Vishnu did to selva wat selva did to shankar...... :D

but still i dont understand y Selva didnt take U1 for his hindi movie???? :roll:

1) Agreed. Pattiyal was too good and I liked it & was better than PP

2) Not sure. but he never misses U1 for his tamil & telugu project irrespective of the huge success rate of other MDs :wink:

crajkumar_be
2nd May 2007, 08:11 PM
I have not seen 7G but i remember one or two scenes from Thiraivanam program well
Vijayan: "indha vayasuleye beedi siggarettu... romba nalla varuva da"
and "nee oodhuriye adhu ssiggarettu illada, unga appanoda rethham"
:)

Selva is making a Hindi film??

Nerd
2nd May 2007, 08:46 PM
1) Agreed. Pattiyal was too good and I liked it & was better than PP

Bull's eye! Pattiyal was more intense, to the point and the screenplay was almost flawless. Kannan in fact pattiyal tied me to my seats and I was rambling here and there when I was watching PP :oops:

7GRC is emotional, true but it worked, at least for me. I could empathize with ravikrishna in that movie, his dumb expressions not withstanding. :)

P_R
2nd May 2007, 09:17 PM
Uhh!! I meant Coppola. The scene is very similar to the one where Clemenza teaches Michael how to execute (do I sound violent?) his first kill in Godfather. Of course, not to mention the court scene, where Kokki Kumar has his wife's family menacingly surrounded by his men - a direct reference to Michael bringing the brother of one of the witnesses from Italy during the Commision's hearings in Godfather II. Oho adhuvA :oops:.... Caught the court scene similarity but not the gun/aruvaal training. Still feel the training scene is overrated. In that in another scene they try make light of hacking... so I assumed some Tarantino reference.
As I said, in my old post, Dhanush was excellent, but the film kinda dragged.

P_R
2nd May 2007, 09:21 PM
Bull's eye! Pattiyal was more intense, to the point and the screenplay was almost flawless. Kannan in fact pattiyal tied me to my seats and I was rambling here and there when I was watching PP :oops:

7GRC is emotional, true but it worked, at least for me. I could empathize with ravikrishna in that movie, his dumb expressions not withstanding. :) ditto. Here I go again Nerd :-)
Pattiyal is one of the best Tamil films I have seen in the last few years. They kept it short, engrossing and tight. 7G worked for precisely because ravikrishna is repugnant. The fact that SR makes one empathize with such a hero(!), atleast for a passsing instance , is what makes him so good.

nemesis786
2nd May 2007, 09:23 PM
:roll: :? :confused2: :|

MADDY
2nd May 2007, 09:29 PM
ditto. Here I go again Nerd :-)
Pattiyal is one of the best Tamil films I have seen in the last few years

:shock: :shock: ......i'm sure u know abt "Bangkok Dangerous" ...... :roll:

Nerd
2nd May 2007, 09:37 PM
So :confused2:

Do you mean to say that ALL the so-called classics are clean ones? Pattiyal was executed exceptionally well. I have not seen B D by the way :oops:

VENKIRAJA
2nd May 2007, 09:37 PM
wats al pacino actually?
i've seen godfather and a tarantino film.but i couldn't get wat dat means.is dat a person's name or a character's name?

nemesis786
2nd May 2007, 09:38 PM
wats al pacino actually?
i've seen godfather and a tarantino film.but i couldn't get wat dat means.is dat a person's name or a character's name?

Al Pacino is a famous pizza's name! U get lots of cheese in it

Nerd
2nd May 2007, 09:44 PM
wats al pacino actually?

:rotfl:

Al Pacino is an actor. If you have seen Godfather he was Michael Carleone. He has not acted in a Tarantino movie yet.

crajkumar_be
2nd May 2007, 09:50 PM
wats al pacino actually?

If i'm not wrong, there IS actually a pizza by that name in an Italian restaurant in Chennai, seriously :) :wink:

P_R
2nd May 2007, 09:57 PM

:shock: :shock: ......i'm sure u know abt "Bangkok Dangerous" ...... :roll: Yes. Why ? I said it is the best Tamil film in the last few years. I wasn't comparing Vishnuvardhan vs. Selvaraghavan on a originality scale.

If i'm not wrong, there IS actually a pizza by that name in an Italian restaurant in Chennai, seriously Smile Wink I remember one Italian Restaurant in Mylapore (near kaliappa hospital) where the whole menu is full of puns with Hollywood names. One of the fun menus I have read. Perhaps you are referring to that.

MADDY
2nd May 2007, 10:12 PM

:shock: :shock: ......i'm sure u know abt "Bangkok Dangerous" ...... :roll: Yes. Why ? I said it is the best Tamil film in the last few years. I wasn't comparing Vishnuvardhan vs. Selvaraghavan on a originality scale.

to call a blatantly line-to-line copied movie - "best movie in last few years" is something i dont want to comment about :wave:

Nerd
2nd May 2007, 10:13 PM
Thats exactly what have you been doing in your last two posts :rotfl:

MADDY
2nd May 2007, 10:18 PM

un velaya paathikittu poriya konjam :arrow:

nemesis786
2nd May 2007, 10:22 PM
One common reason behind the victory of selva n vishnu = YUVAN SHANKAR RAJA!!!
HIS BGMs for these guys' nmovies rock!!

KK BGM , PATTIYAL BGM, AA BGM, 7G BGM ellam super :D

Nerd
2nd May 2007, 10:22 PM

un velaya paathikittu poriya konjam :arrow:

Classic example of people that can do anything but argue 8-)

Nemesis :exactly: Music was terrific and yuvan was fantastic at the BGM department.

villan007
2nd May 2007, 10:23 PM
One common reason behind the victory of selva n vishnu = YUVAN SHANKAR RAJA!!!
HIS BGMs for these guys' nmovies rock!!

KK BGM , PATTIYAL BGM, AA BGM, 7G BGM ellam super :D

idhan best 8-)

nemesis786
2nd May 2007, 10:27 PM
YEs nerd n Villan PAttiyal BGM BEST :thumbsup: tamilnapsterla its vaailable for download all bits from pattiyal :wink:

KK BGM bit songs kooda soooooooper :D They r available on tamilmp3world.com

thilak4life
2nd May 2007, 11:34 PM
SR - summARAna Director. But hey, how many directors in k'dambakkam can claim that!!!!!

Didn't like KK. It was more like a popcorn movie - KalAsified a friend while watching it. thats what I remember the most. But anyway there are few moments to savor. Let's not degrade Guna with the comparison. AND Thalaivar saying Guna's story could have been different after watching KK was way too over bound, too gracious. I think it was the 100 days felicitation if I remember correctly.

PP - Entertaining first half and the script looses the focus (and note that, everything comes with this ever-cliched rhetorical tag "insult to intelligence"). And Oh yeah, Repulsive at times And I'm not just talkin' about the lizard beating 10 goondas. The supporting characters were better and dhanush was good until he gave a Sullaan Deja-Vu. Selva said PP was realistic - which it was, But very occasionally. Maybe we should go to the Ghetto world to experience that. And I don't mind the lifts from different gangster flicks. Dhanush marrying the prostitute (Sneha) is an indirect homage to Nayagan. The cinematography has this dark backdrop with lighting on the characters. But Big Glowing Moon and early morning sun in PP were funny! :rotfl:

Talking about naivety in SR's character development, they generally come with some eccentricity. One thing that people don't recognize is, he is contrived and they fall into the trap, that explains why they generally talk about his talent to engross people into darkness. But he looses 'subtlety' for the price of being intense. But the guy throws few glimpse of realism and some really 'entertaining' moments in his films. Something 'ordinary' when you take a macro perspective but definitely better than being completely shallow like other kolly directors.

Glad to see like-minded people who rate Pattiyal higher than PP. Few immediate complaints were Guns(contract killers don't use that in chennai, but it's forgivable than PP) and then, Arya 'mundam' - full-a quarter adichu paduka vechaduku VV-ku O-pOdalAm! :)

Haven't seen 7G and TI.

Almost everyone including Nerd, Kannann, MSP and Selva kumar have hyped 7G enough. :lol: So there must be something in it. Will get the DVD soon!

ajithfederer
2nd May 2007, 11:47 PM
No probs selva..... :)

Feddy machi :notworthy: Thanks for opening a thread for my favorite director :clap:

VENKIRAJA
2nd May 2007, 11:59 PM
prabhu ram:one of the greatest avatars!

kannannn
3rd May 2007, 12:10 AM
Nerd and PR, I too agree Pattiyal was good (All is not lost. We do agree on some things :)). I just feel PP was full of nuances :D. BTW, I too haven't seen that Bangkok movie.

crajkumar_be
3rd May 2007, 12:15 AM
Offtrack question to PR
Unga avatar endha padam?

Sanjeevi
3rd May 2007, 01:04 AM
ahaa inge enna koothu

Pattiyal is better than Pudupettai? Oh nooooooooo. Pattial might had better screenplay and crisp presentation but PP wins in reality where i liked a lot in PP :thumbsup:

After 10 years someone may taste suceess with Pudupettai unofficial remake like Selvaraghavan did in KK from Guna. Who will know?

P_R
3rd May 2007, 01:14 AM
prabhu ram:one of the greatest avatars! 8-)

Offtrack question to PR
Unga avatar endha padam? Maaman MagaL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5KuEXWKG0)

Sanjeevi
3rd May 2007, 01:26 AM
prabhu ram:one of the greatest avatars! 8-)

Offtrack question to PR
Unga avatar endha padam? Maaman MagaL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5KuEXWKG0)

hahaha very hilarious scene :rotfl:. one of bests ever comedy

Kavundamani solluvaru "appa sami anthu pochuda sami, neenga etho pesureengannu theriyuthu aana enna pesureengannu suthama theriyala"

raaja_rasigan
5th May 2007, 03:40 PM
Kavundamani solluvaru "appa sami anthu pochuda sami, neenga etho pesureengannu theriyuthu aana enna pesureengannu suthama theriyala"

exact dialogue:

aducha adiyila undrawer andhu pochu

selvakumar
22nd May 2008, 05:04 PM
Generally, I don't give much respect to blogger reviews. At times, the reviews stink with personal attack and other sh!ts.
But I found the below review perfect for YNM.
I wish Selva reads this one and corrects himself. :x
http://tbcd-tbcd.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-post_16.html

raaja_rasigan
22nd May 2008, 05:43 PM
http://tbcd-tbcd.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-post_16.html

"நாங்கெல்லாம் எப்படியாப்பட்ட பேமிலி" என்று நயந்தாரா ஆரம்பிக்கும் போதே, இதை எங்கேயே கேட்டியிருக்கோமே என்று பட்டது. வேற ஒண்றுமில்லை கனவான்களே, அவர்கள் குடும்பம் ரொம்ப கட்டுப்பாடான குடும்பமாம். சட்டென்று அந்தக் குடும்பம் ஒரு பிராமனர் குடும்பம் என்று சொல்லிவிட்டால் நீங்கள் தமிழ் திரையுலகை நன்கு புரிந்து வைத்திருக்கிறீர்கள் என்று முதுகில் தட்டிக் கொடுத்துக் கொள்ளுங்கள். ஆச்சரமான குடும்பம் என்றால் என்ன அர்த்தம் என்று யாராச்சும் சொல்லுங்கப்பா. ஏன் மற்ற தமிழர்கள் குடும்பம் எதுவும் அந்த வட்டத்தில் வரவே மாட்டேன் என்று இருக்கின்றது. கண்டதிற்கெல்லாம் வழக்குப் போடுவபவர்கள் இதற்கு ஒரு வழக்கு போட்டால் தான் என்ன.

:lol:

VENKIRAJA
22nd May 2008, 06:07 PM
rendu page-kku munnadi al pacino-na enna-nu kettadhukku mannichudunga....pls...Godfather part-I mattum thaan parthathunaala,etho theriyaama kettuten...oruthan sikkittaana vachu kalaaichupudureenga-ba!

Anyways IMO,
TI ***
KK ****
7GRC ***1/2
PP ****

Nerd
7th November 2008, 11:02 AM
Selva starts his nesst. Who is that chick? And what happened to AO??
http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/7112008/MDSG249120.jpg

littlemaster1982
7th November 2008, 11:10 AM
AO must be nearing completion :roll:

And the MD ;)

Nerd
7th November 2008, 11:12 AM
Just noticed the tagline. Being single is bliss :P

P_R
7th November 2008, 11:13 AM
Just noticed the tagline. Being single is bliss :P

anubavam pEsudhu :-)

littlemaster1982
7th November 2008, 11:14 AM
That girl looks like Andrea :?

joe
7th November 2008, 11:17 AM

ஒரே நீலக்கலரா இருக்கு :roll:

directhit
7th November 2008, 11:18 AM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/7112008/MDSG249120.jpg resembles aishwarya dhanush :? damn, i
need to get my eyes tested :oops:

it is andrea and how can LM be wrong :P

Nerd
7th November 2008, 11:18 AM
Andrea-kku nalla round face aachE.. aanaa LM sonnA correetA irukkum :?

ajithfederer
7th November 2008, 11:19 AM
:lol2:

aanaa LM sonnA correetA irukkum :?

littlemaster1982
7th November 2008, 11:20 AM
Nerd,

Idhu nyaayama :cry:

P_R
7th November 2008, 11:21 AM

Andrea yaaru ? :ashamed:

MADDY
7th November 2008, 11:21 AM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/7112008/MDSG249120.jpg resembles aishwarya dhanush :? damn, i
need to get my eyes tested :oops:

it is andrea and how can LM be wrong :P

makkalukku enna doubt-??? it is andrea beyond doubt :roll: yen indha conpeesan

Nerd
7th November 2008, 11:22 AM
Whoa LM :bow: Maddy-yE sollittAru. aanaa Andrea over thanni pOla these days :oops:

Nerd
7th November 2008, 11:23 AM

PachaikkiLi muthucharam girl.

P_R
7th November 2008, 11:25 AM

PachaikkiLi muthucharam girl.

ada Amaam... thank you

sumAl snooty nitpick: 'perfect wedding'....when he probably means perfect marriage

MADDY
7th November 2008, 11:39 AM
Whoa LM :bow: Maddy-yE sollittAru. aanaa Andrea over thanni pOla these days :oops:

nammalayellam koopida maattanga chaa........aaana, naa Andrea-voda DOB ellam ketkave maatten sathyama LM kitta :lol2:

sumal rumour alert :its believed that Andrea is the reason behind SR-U1 split

MrJudge
7th November 2008, 12:36 PM
After AO, idhillum Andrea-AvA?? after Sonia Agarwal, looks like Andrea has become a fav. heroine of Selva :)

littlemaster1982
7th November 2008, 12:39 PM
Enna oru villathanam :twisted:

selvakumar
7th November 2008, 12:47 PM
The new AD looks ||| to the one he gave for 7G. (Sonia & Ravi in the bathroom).
AO pathi oru news um illiyae :?

thilak4life
7th November 2008, 12:54 PM
I hate SR's lou films, and his idea of romance. :twisted: That being said, the poster looks like the infamous poster of Bergman's "Scenes from a marriage", the characters here are watching tv (enna paarkkiraanga-nu than therila :P ) which lits the room in a dull insipid way. Dhanush has a remote in hand (Josephson had a book). Edho nammalaala mudinjadhu :P :yessir:

A_Ajith
7th November 2008, 01:43 PM
Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam was supposed to have KARTHI and SANDHYA

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/movies/Ithu_Maalai_Nerathu_Mayakkam/

How come it changed to Danush and Andrea :o

rangan_08
7th November 2008, 05:18 PM

Karthi is busy in getting awards for PV & Sandhya's call sheet is full with Pudavai vilambarams - adhan.

BTW - Selva minus U1 :(

viraajan
7th November 2008, 05:57 PM

What i believ is,
Initially it was IMNM. Later it was changed to 1000il oruvan.

This new IMNM shd be a new story for Dhanush :)

Tamilan
7th November 2008, 06:41 PM

What i believ is,
Initially it was IMNM. Later it was changed to 1000il oruvan.

This new IMNM shd be a new story for Dhanush :)

No boths IMNM should be same. AO is different.

SR dropped Sandhya but picked Karthi for AO

Even I remember, few years back before Pudupettai, an advt came on dailies for a movie called "Oru naal oru kanavu" starring dhanush & sonia agarwal and director name was Selvaragavan.

i guess boths IMNM and old ONOK (not of fazil) are same stories

ajithfederer
11th November 2008, 09:55 AM
Pudhupettai in DVD :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hands down, selva ragavan's best work till date by a country mile.
Hats off to selva for the guts to take such a dark themed movie. Dialogs and picturization are great. Needs great guts to show your protagonist as an extreme cunning case.

Dhanush :notworthy: :notworthy:. Whatever he lacks in physical stature he had made it up in his portrayal.

Azhagam Perumal :rotfl: :thumbsup:

Sneha :thumbsup:

Yuvan : Best album/BGM till date ?? :huh:. Another Trendsetter there. BGM Sila idangalil Godfather theme madhiri irukku :oops:. Is it just me or did anybody else observe this?.

Definitely one of the best Tamil movies.

viraajan
11th November 2008, 10:15 AM
feddy, not sure abt godfather theme. but one piece of BGM was copied from Crazy Frog :lol:

But need patience to sit through the movie :huh:

ajithfederer
12th November 2008, 12:47 AM
Nope vinith.

VENKIRAJA
12th November 2008, 10:42 AM
Pudhupettai in DVD :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hands down, selva ragavan's best work till date by a country mile.
Hats off to selva for the guts to take such a dark themed movie. Dialogs and picturization are great. Needs great guts to show your protagonist as an extreme cunning case.

Dhanush :notworthy: :notworthy:. Whatever he lacks in physical stature he had made it up in his portrayal.

Azhagam Perumal :rotfl: :thumbsup:

Sneha :thumbsup:

Yuvan : Best album/BGM till date ?? :huh:. Another Trendsetter there. BGM Sila idangalil Godfather theme madhiri irukku :oops:. Is it just me or did anybody else observe this?.

Definitely one of the best Tamil movies.

Print quality epdi? en kitta irukiRathu mattamA irunthuchu.

ajithfederer
12th November 2008, 12:06 PM
sumaar dhan venki

Why :wave: :shock:

VENKIRAJA
12th November 2008, 05:20 PM

You see my taste is very poor. I ain't fit for this elite forum.
Also its time to concentrate on studies.

Hearty Thanks to all hubbers who gave me great company these two and a half years!

-Last post-

Nerd
12th November 2008, 09:23 PM
enna aachu :?

viraajan
12th November 2008, 09:31 PM
i thought he chummakaachukum said this.
serious ah? :shock:

what happened... :huh:

ajithfederer
12th November 2008, 10:38 PM
Enna ba matter?? :huh:. Taste is poor eh, apdinu unnai inge endha medhavi sonnan??. :lol:

elite forum, innoru :rotfl:

Hearty Thanks to all hubbers who gave me great company these two and a half years!

-Last post-

ajithfederer
12th November 2008, 10:50 PM
Venki

If its for your studies, I whole heartedly agree with your decision which I come to believe it isn't. Come back man. I need your opinions and contributions in Last movie thread, world movies section etc etc. BTW the pic collection in your orkut is great. Contribute like that here too.

8-)

Sourav
13th November 2008, 07:38 AM

-Last post- :shock: :?
Come back venki...

Anban
13th November 2008, 12:35 PM
venki engeyum poyida maattaaru.. ippo sila Ulaga padangala paathuttu irukkaaru..

btw, now you can see his name in the top of the Tamil film section page.. he is currently online here..

Nerd
22nd November 2008, 02:25 PM
Just finished watching 7GRC again. Knocked the wind out of me. Selvaraghavan's finest. The last 20 minutes was brilliant. Not sure how people sat through the climax in theaters. ninaithu ninaithu pArthEn etc., :oops: Even Ravikrishna was actually made to *act* in the last few scenes. Sonia Agarwal must be Selva's best written female character to date. The second hero of this movie is definitely Yuvan. Amazing songs and selva has placed songs at the right places. kaNA kaaNum kaalangaL especially. There are many negatives, lets not get into that. Very much looking forward to AO and IMNM :P

P.S. Regret not watching it in theaters even once and regret trashing the movie after my first viewing.

crajkumar_be
22nd November 2008, 11:28 PM
Just finished watching 7GRC again. Knocked the wind out of me. Selvaraghavan's finest. The last 20 minutes was brilliant. Not sure how people sat through the climax in theaters. ninaithu ninaithu pArthEn etc., :oops: Even Ravikrishna was actually made to *act* in the last few scenes. Sonia Agarwal must be Selva's best written female character to date. The second hero of this movie is definitely Yuvan. Amazing songs and selva has placed songs at the right places. kaNA kaaNum kaalangaL especially. There are many negatives, lets not get into that. Very much looking forward to AO and IMNM :P

P.S. Regret not watching it in theaters even once and regret trashing the movie after my first viewing.
Thought it was rubbish when i saw the rushes for the first time but when i actually saw the movie last year it exceeded my expectations.
Watched "ninaithu ninaithu paarthen" on TV. Knock-out song and picturization :notworthy:

OnMyWay
23rd November 2008, 01:51 PM
pudhupettai la 2-3 scene pullarikkum..

ana climax la dhanush kathia thookittu poi oru bit dance onu poduvaru.. kadhal konden nyabaga paduthum.. not sure if people had noted that

selvakumar
23rd November 2008, 02:43 PM

Thought it was rubbish when i saw the rushes for the first time but when i actually saw the movie last year it exceeded my expectations.
Watched "ninaithu ninaithu paarthen" on TV. Knock-out song and picturization :notworthy:

:notworthy:
Just like Nerd, my favorite selvaragavan movie. The last minutes were awesome. I saw the movie in theater and there was pin drop silence in the theater. The impact was so good that the audience had no complaints on the length of the film at that time. One of those films that I can never forget.

But I see many reacting to the film differently at different points of time. May be, Selva should do something on that.

viraajan
23rd November 2008, 04:59 PM
7G is one of my faorite movies. As Selva said, I cannot forget this movie.
I saw this movie on 3rd day from its release. Dint know anything the story, acting, climax etc. When I came out of theatre I had the feel of watching a good movie and I was satisfied.
But I felt the real impact when i was at Work the next day. Ruined my piece of mind. I just couldn't concentrate. Shared the my experience with everyone. Next two three days, i had the same feel. I was moved.
Yuvan's BGM - :bow:
Camera - :bow:
Dialogues - :bow: (Especially the dialogues before and after January Madham song.) :thumbsup:
I did hate many scenes in the first half. But second half elevated the movie, especially the climax. Wow!!!!
Selva and Team - :bow:
I wish to see the same techinical crew work in a movie. SR-YSR-AK-NM :bow:

---
Am looking forward to AO :D And the music has come out really well, said GVP. He says that this is his best album so far in his career. :D
I'm awaiting this album. seekiram release pannungappa :x

ajithfederer
6th December 2008, 10:10 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?hcategory=13733818&hgallery=14813079

MrJudge
6th December 2008, 10:23 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?hcategory=13733818&hgallery=14813079

Looks like two female characters are archeologists and Karthi accompanies them for their research and Parthiban comes from the old age.

Sourav
6th December 2008, 10:24 AM
Good stills... :)

Anban
8th December 2008, 03:07 AM
arumai arumai..

reema and andrea..

naanum karthi thaane.. but.. :(

Sourav
8th December 2008, 06:37 AM
[tscii:f0633c77d7]DIRECTOR‘S CUT
Elusive director Selvaraghavan opens up in his first ever interview on his film Aayirathil Oruvan and the many controversies surrounding it
SREEDHAR PILLAI Times News Network

Selvaraghavan is a committed filmmaker who has made a mark in Kollywood. Considered to be a pathbreaker who has re-invited the way commercial cinema is conceived and presented, Selva is extremely passionate about his films and takes time over them.
In seven years, he has done just four films in Tamil (Thuluvatho Illamai, Kadhal Kondein, 7G-Rainbow Colony and Pudhupettai) and one in Telugu (Aadavari Matalaku Ardhale Verule). Four out of these five were super hits. Now, for the last 20 months, he has been making his epic fantasy Aayirathil Oruvan (AO), with Karthi Sivakumar, Reema Sen, Andrea and Parthiban.
The film has had its share of controversies and has been criticised for its never ending shooting schedules and budget going haywire.

• Can you update us on AO’s status
The film is 90 percent complete, with another 20 days of shoot left. We have to shoot the climax in the high seas off the coast of Pondicherry, a coliseum set scene erected on a huge ground in Injambakkam on the ECR, and a connecting scene on a huge ship off the Andaman coast. All this should be over in about 20 days. The editing and CG work of the film have been going on simultaneously.

• Unlike your earlier films, you are taking time over AO?
When I signed my artistes, I told them the shoot would take a year as it is an action fantasy adventure, which needs a huge canvas. The story takes place at various periods between the 13th century and now. Look at the location changes; we’ve had to shoot in the forests of Chalakudy, deserts of Jaisalmer, high seas off Pondicherry, on the coast of Andamans, and on the sets in Hyderabad and Chennai. It’s a logical nightmare for any production. Still, we’ve managed to shoot around 90 percent of the film in 200 days.

• But the production schedules have gone haywire. Please comment.
What can I do before nature’s fury? The rains in Kerala disrupted shooting. Again in Hyderabad, rains washed away the sets, and in Jaisalmer, it was the desert storms. In Pondicherry, we had to stop shooting in the seas after a storm warning was issued by the coast guard. Nobody can fight nature.

• What about the spiralling production costs as you have gone over the budget?
I told producers after the first schedule that we cannot make the movie on the original budget of Rs 8 crore. Now, due to various factors, by the time the film comes out, it will easily touch Rs 25 crore!

• On the controversy that Karthi wanted to take off his beard and move on to Lingusamy’s project…
I’d asked him not to shave of his beard till my shoot got over, as my continuity would suffer. I’m very particular about my hero’s looks, as in the film he plays a guy from the slums. If he shaves off his beard, he will look like an IT professional!

• During the making of the film, the grapevine had it that you were having an affair with Andrea.
Both of us love music. At times, we used to talk about music. She is singing two songs in the film, which had rumour mills working overtime. I tell you honestly, you cannot have female friends in this industry.

• But she is the heroine in your next project too. Please comment.
Yes, she is the heroine of my next film Ithu Malai Nerathu Mayakkam with Dhanush. She is a brilliant actress and plays an Anglo-Indian girl in the film who is going through a bad marriage. The story demanded an actress like her. For me, cinema is my lifeline, nothing else matters.

• Last week, you celebrated your second wedding anniversary. How’s your marriage with Sonia Agarwal?
I’m not a hypocrite to say my marriage is a bed of roses. Every marriage has its share of problems, especially if you are a film director. It is a herculean effort to keep your marriage going. But Sonia and I are still very much in love and our marriage is a success.

• What are your forthcoming
projects?
I will be doing two
films next year
— Ithu Malai
Nerathu
Mayakkam
and then an
action fantasy thriller with Vishal.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOI&BaseHref=TOICH/2008/12/08&PageLabel=19&EntityId=Ar01900&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T

S.R movie-la vishal... :sigh2:[/tscii:f0633c77d7]

HonestRaj
8th December 2008, 07:41 AM
arumai arumai..

reema and andrea..

nan unna vida vayasula periyavan.. nanum :(

viraajan
8th December 2008, 09:46 AM
arumai arumai..

reema and andrea..

nan unna vida vayasula periyavan.. nanum :(

Uhngalukku ellam chance kedaiyadhu. andha fantasy thriller movie-ku TM chance vangittaru :lol: :yessir:

MrJudge
8th December 2008, 11:40 AM
Planned for 8 cr budget and now it touches around 25 crs :shock:

Nerd
8th December 2008, 08:28 PM
Stills-a pAthA karthi slums-la irukkuravan maadhiri ililyE. Anyway, looking forward to the movie. Karthi with a PV and now this one, very impressive :clap:

directhit
9th December 2008, 07:49 AM
and then an
action fantasy thriller with Vishal. Selva kku ennachu?! :banghead:

Sourav
9th December 2008, 07:55 AM
and then an
action fantasy thriller with Vishal. Selva kku ennachu?! :banghead:
Selva vishal vachu, Ameer jayam ravi vachu... :sigh2:

directhit
9th December 2008, 07:57 AM
..vachu comedy keemady panraangala :P

Sourav
9th December 2008, 07:59 AM
Planned for 8 cr budget and now it touches around 25 crs :shock:Nalla hit aana kooda profit edukka mudiyuma? :?

Sourav
9th December 2008, 08:02 AM
..vachu comedy keemady panraangala :POnce s.r interview la "terror movie edukka aasai"-nu sonnaru....vishal movie-a than apdi sollirukkar pola.. :? lol.

Kalyasi
9th December 2008, 08:21 AM
..vachu comedy keemady panraangala :POnce s.r interview la "terror movie edukka aasai"-nu sonnaru....vishal movie-a than apdi sollirukkar pola.. :? lol.

Appo Vishal Peya nadipara?

villan007
9th December 2008, 08:32 AM

8-) Avatar

btw 20-20 online la nalla print vandha konjam sollunga.. :D

directhit
9th December 2008, 08:36 AM

8-) Avatar

btw 20-20 online la nalla print vandha konjam sollunga.. :D //thx :)
sure - vandha links ae anupparen :P naan pona weekend dhaan oru mokka print la paathu mudichen //

gurusaravanan
13th January 2011, 07:14 PM
தனது திருமணம் வரும் ஜூன் மாதம் நடைபெறவுள்ளதாக இயக்குனர் செல்வராகவன் அறிவித்துள்ளார்.

இதுதொடர்பாக அவர் வெளியிட்ட செய்தியில், "இன்று எனது சொந்த வாழ்க்கையிலும், சினிமாவில் ஏற்பட்டுள்ள சில முன்னேற்றங்கள் குறித்து பகிர்ந்துகொள்ள விரும்புகிறேன்.

தற்போது தனுஷ், ஆண்ட்ரியா இயக்கத்தில் 'இரண்டாம் உலகம்' படத்தை இயக்கி வருகிறேன்.
எழுபது சதவீத படப்பிடிப்புகள் முடிவடைந்துள்ளது.

அட்வகேட் ஜெனரல் பி.எஸ்.ராமனின் மகள் கீதாஞ்சலியை திருமணம் செய்துகொள்ள இருக்கிறேன்.

எங்களது நிச்சயதார்த்தம் பிப்ரவரியில் நடைபெறும். அதைத் தொடர்ந்து, ஜூனில் திருமணம் நடைபெறும் என்பதை மகிழ்ச்சியோடு தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறேன்," என்று கூறியுள்ளார்.

முன்னதாக, கடந்த ஆண்டு மார்ச் மாதம் நடிகை சோனியா அகர்வாலிடம் இருந்து செல்வராகவன் முறைப்படி விவாகரத்து பெற்றது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது
http://cinema.vikatan.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152:2011-01-13-13-02-31&catid=901:tamil-actor&Itemid=56

gurusaravanan
13th January 2011, 07:15 PM
Selvaraghavan releases his Fiancy photo officially to the media with the news.. http://yfrog.com/gzj3lkcj

mareen
13th January 2011, 07:20 PM
yaaru intha ponnu? ithukku sonia've better :lol:

gurusaravanan
13th January 2011, 07:25 PM
yaaru intha ponnu? ithukku sonia've better :lol: epidi solreenga??? :lol:

Russellyhd
27th February 2014, 02:23 PM
Excellent write-up :clap:

http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/article/1402/25/1140225006_1.htm

செல்வராகவனின் திரைக்காதல்கள்

செல்வராகவனின் காதல் கொண்டேன் படத்தின் முதல்நாள் முதல் காட்சி இன்னும் நினைவிருக்கிறது. பதினெட்டிலிருந்து இருபத்தைந்து வயதுள்ள இளைஞர்களால் நிரம்பியிருந்த திரையரங்கு படம் ஆரம்பித்ததிலிருந்து முடியும்வரை ஆர்ப்பரித்தபடியே இருந்தது. அதுவரை அவர்கள் திரையில் பார்த்து வந்த தெய்வீக காதலுக்குப் பதிலாக முதல்முறையாக தங்களின் காமம் சொட்டும் காதலை அவர்கள் அனுபவப்பட்டனர்.

செல்வராகவனின் படங்களை தொகுத்துப் பார்க்கையில், அவரின் திரைக்காதல்கள் இரண்டு துருவங்களுக்கிடையே பயணிக்கிறது. அது விடலைப்பருவ காமத்தில் தொடங்கி தெய்வீக காதலில் முடிகிறது. விடலைத்தனத்தில் ஆரம்பித்து அதிலேயே முடித்தால் அந்த காதலுக்கு ஒரு அழுத்தம் கிடைப்பதில்லை, மேலும் கதையும் திரள்வதில்லை. அதனால் தெய்வீக காதலில் அதனை முடித்து வைக்கிறார் செல்வராகவன்.

நாம் குறிப்பிடும் இந்த தெய்வீகத்தன்மை என்பது தமிழ் சினிமா வடிவமைத்த கற்பனையான புனித காதலாகும். இந்த தெய்வீகத்தன்மை, காதலுக்காக காதலர்களில் யாராவது ஒருவர் இறப்பதற்கோ, தியாகத்துக்கோ துணிவதன் வழியாக சாத்தியமாகிறது.

காதல் கொண்டேன் படத்தில் தனது காதலுக்காக நாயகன் உயிர்விடுகிறான். 7 ஜி ரெயின்போ காலனியில் நாயகி (இதில் நாயகி விபத்தில் மரணமடைந்தாலும் அது காதலுக்காக மரணத்தை ஏற்றுக் கொண்ட தாக்கத்தை ஏற்படுத்தும் விதமாகவே இயக்குனரால் கையாளப்பட்டிருக்கும்) மயக்கம் என்ன படத்தில் காதலனின் நோய்க்கூறுக்காக நாயகி மேற்கொள்ளும் கடும் முயற்சிகள். எல்லாப் படங்களிலும் இதனை வெட்டியும் ஒட்டியுமே செல்வராகவனின் திரைக்காதல்கள் அமைவதைப் பார்க்கலாம்.

தனக்கு சொந்தமில்லாத பொருள்களின் மீது உருவாகும் ஈர்ப்பே செல்வராகவனின் திரைக்காதல்களின் அடிப்படை. இன்றைய இளைஞர்கள் ஏதோ ஒருவிதத்தில் இந்த மனோநிலையை நடைமுறையில் அனுபவப்படுகிறவர்களாக இருக்கிறார்கள். அதனால் சட்டென்று செல்வராகவனின் திரைக்காதல் அவர்களை ஈர்த்துவிடுகிறது.

காதல் கொண்டேனில் நாயகி நாயகனை காதலிப்பதில்லை. அவள் இன்னொருவனின் உடமையாக இருக்கிறாள். 7 ஜி ரெயின்போ காலனியில் நாயகி இன்னொருவனுக்கு நிச்சயிக்கப்பட்ட பெண். மயக்கம் என்ன படத்தில் அவள் இன்னொருவனின் காதலி. தெலுங்குப் படமான ஆடவரி மாட்லகு அர்த்தலு வேறுலே படத்தில் அவள் நண்பனுக்கு நிச்சயிக்கப்பட்டவள். செல்வராகவனின் காதல் ஜானரிலிருந்து விலகிய புதுப்பேட்டையிலும் நாயகன் இன்னொருவன் திருமணம் செய்யப் போகும் பெண்ணை அதற்கு சில நொடிகள் முன்பாக தாலிகட்டி கவர்ந்து கொள்கிறான்.

செல்வராகவனின் காதல்களின்பால் உருவாகும் ஆரம்ப ஈடுபாடு அடுத்தவர் பொருள் மீதான மனிதனின் ஆசையில் கட்டமைக்கப்படுகிறது. அது எதிர்பால் ஈர்ப்பாக இருப்பதால் உடனடியாக ஒரு தீவிரத்தன்மையும் கிடைத்துவிடுகிறது.

மேலும், நாயகி மீதான நாயகனின் விருப்பத்தில் எப்போதும் காமம் சொட்டிக் கொண்டேயிருக்கும். காதல்கொண்டேனில் நாயகி இயல்பாக பேசிக்கொண்டே தோள்பட்டை பிராவை சரி செய்வது, காதலனுடன் தொலைபேசி கூண்டுக்குள் கட்டித் தழுவிக் கொள்வது போன்ற காட்சிகளை நாயகனின் பார்வையில் காட்டுவதன் வழியாக அவனது காமத்தை செல்வராகவன் வெளிப்படுத்துகிறார்.

7 ஜி ரெயின்போ காலனியில் இதனை அவர் அப்பட்டமாகவே தெரியப்படுத்தியிருப்பதை காணலாம். நாயகன் தன்னை பார்த்ததும் மேலாடையை சரி செய்வது, உள்ளே சென்று துப்பாட்டாவை எடுத்து மார்பை போர்த்திக் கொள்வது என நாயகனின் பார்வை நாயகியின் மார்பை எப்போதும் தீண்டிக் கொண்டேயிருக்கும். இதன் காரணமாகவே பேருந்தில் அவனது கை தனது மார்பகத்தில்பட்டதும் நாயகி பொங்கிவிடுகிறாள். இந்த காமம் அவரின் எல்லா காதல்களிலும் துலங்குவதை காணலாம். சராசரி பார்வையாளன் செல்வராகவனின் திரைக்காதல்களை அணுக்கமாக கருதுவதற்கு இந்த காமம் மிகப்பெரிய துணை செய்கிறது.

அடுத்தகட்டம் நாயகி நாயகன்பால் தனது பார்வையை திருப்புவது. எந்த பெண்ணும் ஒரு ஆண் உடல்ரீதியாக தன்னிடம் அத்துமீறுவதை - அதுவும் இன்னொருவரின் முன் - விரும்ப மாட்டாள். செல்வராகவனின் நாயகிகளின் முதல் ஆண்கள் இந்த தவறை தொடர்ந்து செய்கிறவர்கள். அதுவும் கதாநாயகனின் முன்பு. கதாநாயகனின் அன்புக்கும் கவனிப்புக்கும் முன்னால் இந்த அத்துமீறல்கள் நாயகிக்குள் சிறுமையை உணரச் செய்கிறது.

7 ஜி ரெயின்போ காலனியில் இதனை செல்வராகவன் அழுத்தமாக காட்சிப்படுத்தியுள்ளார். நாயகன் நாயகிக்காக எதையும் செய்ய தயாராக இருப்பவன். சதா அவள் நினைவில் நாளை கழிப்பவன். அப்படிப்பட்டவன், தனக்கு நிச்சயிக்கப்பட்ட ஆண் தன்னிடம் உடல்ரீதியாக அத்துமீறுவதை காண நேரும் போது நாயகி குறுகிப் போகிறாள். ஒருவகையில் நாயகனின் காதல் இந்த அத்துமீறலைவிட உயர்வானது. அவள் இப்போது அதனை - நாயகனின் காதலை - மதித்தே ஆக வேண்டிய நெருக்கடி ஏற்படுகிறது. இந்தப் புள்ளியில்தான் அவளது மனமாற்றம் தொடங்குகிறது.

இந்த உடல்ரீதியான அத்துமீறல்களை காதல் கொண்டேன், மயக்கம் என்ன படங்களிலும் காணலாம். புதுப்பேட்டையில் இந்த அம்சங்களை எதிர்மறையாக செல்வராகவன் பயன்படுத்துகிறார். அதாவது நாயகனை தண்டிக்க. திருமணத்துக்குப் பின் நாயகி உறவின் போது இன்னொருவனை நினைத்துக் கொள்வேன் என்று நாயகனிடம சொல்லுமிடம். மேலும், பாலியல் தொழிலாளியான நாயகனின் விருப்பத்துக்குரிய பெண் உடல்ரீதியாக துன்புறுத்தப்படும் போதுதான் அவன் மனம் அவள் மீது அதிகப்படியாக சாயத் தொடங்குகிறது.

நாயகனின் பலவீனங்களையும், துயரங்களையும் அவனது காதலே - அதாவது அவனது காதலியே - துடைத்தெறிவதையும் நாம் கவனிக்கலாம். அனாதையான காதல் கொண்டேன் நாயகனுக்கு வெளிச்சமாக வருவது அவளது காதலிதான். பொறுக்கியான 7 ஜி ரெயின்போ காலனி நாயகனுக்கு பொறுப்பான எதிர்காலத்தை உருவாக்கித் தருவதும் அவனது காதலே. மயக்கம் என்ன படத்திலும் அப்படியே. செல்வராகவன் காதலில் விரும்பும் காவியத்தன்மைக்கு இந்த அம்சம் பேருதவியாக இருப்பதையும் நாம் கவனிக்க வேண்டும்.

கடைசிகட்டம் தெய்வீகத்தன்மை. விடலைப் பருவ காமத்தில் தொடங்கி அதிலேயே முடித்தால் அது வெங்கட்பிரபுவின் படங்கள் தரும் அனுபத்துக்கே இட்டுச் செல்லும். செல்வராகவன் விரும்புவது காவியச்சுவை. அதற்கு சோகமும் தியாகமும்தான் சிறந்தது. காதலுக்காக சாதலை தேர்வு செய்தல்.

காதல் கொண்டேன், 7 ஜி ரெயின்போ காலனி இரண்டிலும் சாதலை தேர்வு செய்தவர் மயக்கம் என்ன படத்தில் கிட்டத்தட்ட அதேபோன்றதொரு தியாகத்தை காட்டுகிறார். சுருக்கமாக சொல்வதென்றால் காதலுக்காக எந்த எல்லைக்கும் செல்ல தயாராவது. காமத்தில் பரிணமித்த காதலை தெய்வீகத்தன்மையுடன் ஒரு முழுமையை எட்டச் செய்வது.

இந்த படிநிலைகளே செல்வராகவனின் திரைக்காதல்களை உருவாக்குகின்றன. சில நேரங்களில் அழுத்தமாக, சில நேரங்களில் மேலோட்டமாக. ஆனால் இவை இல்லாமல் - இதுவரையான அவரின் திரைக்காதல்கள் இல்லை.

விடலைக் காதலிலிருந்து காவியக்காதலுக்கு செல்லும் இந்த யாத்திரை ஆபத்தானது. விடலைக் காதல் என்பது கிட்டத்தட்ட ஈவ்டீஸிங் போன்றது. விருப்பமில்லாத பெண்ணை விடாமல் பின் தொடர்ந்து டார்ச்சர் தருவது. அதை செய்வது நாயகன் என்பதாலும், நாயகனுக்காக நேர்ந்துவிடப்பட்டவள்தான் நாயகி என்று தமிழ் சினிமாக்கள் நமக்கு கற்றுத் தந்துள்ளதாலும் பார்வையாளர்களான நமக்கு அது வெளிப்படையாக உறுத்துவதில்லை. பெண் என்பவள் எனக்கு உடமையானவள் என்ற ஆதிக்க மனப்பான்மையில் உருவாவதுதான் விடலைக்காதல். நான் உன்னை லவ் பண்றேண்டி என்று சினிமாவில் நாயகன் கத்துவதும் இதனால்தான்.

ஒரு பெண்ணை எத்தனை நாய்கள் வேண்டுமானலும் லவ் பண்ணும். பதிலுக்கு அவளும் லவ் பண்ண வேண்டும் என்று நினைப்பது பாசிசம். பெண் உடல்மீது ஆதிக்கம் செலுத்தும் எல்லா வன்முறைகளுக்கும் இந்த மனோபாவமே ஆதாரமாக இருக்கிறது. அதைத்தான் செல்வராகவனின் நாயகர்கள் கவித்துவமாக செய்கிறார்கள். இது எவ்வளவு ஆபத்தானதோ அதேஅளவுக்கு ஆபத்தானது அவர் காட்டும் காவியத்தன்மை.

காதலை அமரத்துவப்படுத்துவதன் வழியாக அவர் விடலைக்காதலை நியாயப்படுத்துகிறார். இந்த இரண்டு நிலைகளிலும் மனிதனின் மனோபாவம் ஏறக்குறைய ஒன்றாக இருப்பதையும் கவனிக்க வேண்டும். காதலின் ஒருபக்கம் கட்டற்ற உணர்ச்சியும், அன்பும், தியாகமும் என்றால் இன்னொரு பக்கம் பரஸ்பர புரிதலும், மரியாதையும். இரண்டாவது பக்கத்தை செல்வராகவனின் சினிமா தவிர்த்துவிடுகிறது. இந்த சமநிலை இல்லாத காதல் மனித வெடிகுண்டுக்கு சமம். தானும் அழிந்து உடனிருப்பவர்களையும் நாசமாக்கும்.