PDA

View Full Version : Director Vishnuvardhan

ajithfederer
3rd May 2007, 12:28 AM
No need of any Intros but still I take the pleasure of doing it 8-)

Director of Kurumbhu , Arinthum ariyamalum and Pattiyal. He is directing the prestigious project of Billa remake with Thala in the lead .....

I personally liked both AA and Pattiyal and i skipped Kurumbhu for obvious reasons.....

Directors Profile : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishnuvardhan_%28director%29

Discuss about the Director here

c4ramesh
3rd May 2007, 12:30 AM
No need of any Intros but still I take the pleasure of doing it 8-)

Director of Kurumbhu , Arinthum ariyamalum and Pattiyal. He is directing the prestigious project of Billa remake with Thala in the lead .....

I personally liked both AA more than Pattiyal and i skipped Kurumbhu for obvious reasons.....

Directors Profile : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishnuvardhan_%28director%29

Discuss about the Director here

he is going to direct thala, oh boy, Am I excited?? :D :D :D

nemesis786
3rd May 2007, 12:40 AM
Vishnuvardan and Gautham have lots of similarities in them :

Have good sense of music, Dont use seperate comedians in action movies, deal the script like maniratinam does [ influenced by mani's style] , have a penchant for making stylich n slick looking films wiht some good stunts!

I liked all his movies except kurumbu and i loved Pattiyal!

Vishnu-Yuvan make a terrific combo and am looking forward for BILLA AUDIO which will for sure rock Entire South India :D

As premji put it in orkut yuvan fans community : "BILLA SONGS WILL BE AMAZING N FANTASTIC" :wink:

Sanjeevi
3rd May 2007, 01:05 AM
Aaaha kilambittangaya

who next?

Nerd
3rd May 2007, 01:11 AM
VV is one director who keeps getting better with each and every movie of his. KuRumbu was a disaster. AA was an OK movie, nothing great. In fact I hated it but sujatha named it as the movie of that year (05 I guess). Pattiyal was terrific :thumbsup:

Looking forward to his next venture, billA :)

Sanjeevi
3rd May 2007, 01:29 AM
VV is one director who keeps getting better with each and every movie of his. KuRumbu was a disaster. AA was an OK movie, nothing great. In fact I hated it but sujatha named it as the movie of that year (05 I guess). Pattiyal was terrific :thumbsup:

what a coincidence enakku pullarikkuthu

Yes he is improving film by film

P_R
3rd May 2007, 01:34 AM
Haven't watched Kurumbu.

I liked Arindhum Ariyaamalum. He had managed to get very good performance from Arya and Prakash Raj. The characterization and pacing of the story was done really well and the comedy was blended into the story. He had done some very innovative stuff too: for instance, the first fight.

Usually directors maintain tempo throughout a fight and try not to break it. Here the whole fight is actually recounted by Arya to Prakash Raj. So it cuts between Arya's telling it to the actual fight. It had come out extremely well. He had done many things of that sort in that film. It made a very interesting watch. It was my favourite that year.

Pattiyal was just beautiful. From start to finish it flowed without slack. Story cut to length - something that I hope will happen more often in our films- characterization and performances were spot-on. Wouldn't bother comparing him with Bala, but this guy is one of my favourites.

nemesis786
3rd May 2007, 01:40 AM
Have to wait n watch how he is gonna treat billa :roll:

Semma team his regular cameraman Nirav Shah and editor Sreekar Prasad, Music Yuvan!

Stunts he has fixed malaysian stunt guy William Ong Who does stunts for jackie chan films n AXN Fear Factor :roll:

He has chosen a great team, eagerly waiting to see my favourite actor and one of my favourite directors working together :D

raaja_rasigan
5th May 2007, 03:30 PM
deal the script like maniratinam does [ influenced by mani's style]

he is one of the child artiste in mani's film - anjali

ajaybaskar
5th May 2007, 03:33 PM
i liked kurumbu. Of course, it had some foolish scenes to its credit but was not boring indeed.

nemesis786
5th May 2007, 07:17 PM
deal the script like maniratinam does [ influenced by mani's style]

he is one of the child artiste in mani's film - anjali

:exactly:

Villan
6th May 2007, 06:03 PM
He is great since he gonna direct great thala movie.. 8-)

sekar_suman
8th May 2007, 11:24 PM
[tscii:cbd267d2ff]Hi

He is stylist Director. But he needs to remember logic of the movie. If you see the Patiyal movie is good but think about logic,” No Police appear in the hole file. The story is behalf of don. So he needs to look the Logic. Otherwise, he has a good knowledge about screen play, music. So don’t worry, our thala movie Billa will be life time him movie for Ajith as well as VV.
[/tscii:cbd267d2ff]

nemesis786
10th May 2007, 01:48 PM
[tscii:2c74778e71]Hi

He is stylist Director. But he needs to remember logic of the movie. If you see the Patiyal movie is good but think about logic,” No Police appear in the hole file. The story is behalf of don. So he needs to look the Logic. Otherwise, he has a good knowledge about screen play, music. So don’t worry, our thala movie Billa will be life time him movie for Ajith as well as VV.
[/tscii:2c74778e71]

:thumbsup:

ajithfederer
22nd May 2010, 08:59 AM
Watching,
Arindhum Ariyamalum :thumbsup: :thumbsup: - This is VV's Best film. The Best of 2005, IMO. The film is a delight to watch.

Arya and Prakashraj 8-). Arya is great for this role. His first shot after the road accident is good. Arya - Prakash raj relation is a revelation and so is Arya - Navdeep relasen in the second half. Arya is very good in Stunts. As PR says the first fight as recounted by Arya to PR is a :lol: scene. Navdeep is good as well.

Yuvan - :cool2:.

Vishnuvaradan :).

Samiksha 8-). Indha paapavae idhukapram yaaravadhu Galatta pannitaangala, Idhukapram yen edhuvumae nadikkala :think:

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2010, 12:50 PM
IMO, Vishnu is the most overrated director of the younger crop. Except AA, no film of his has caught my attention. Had it not been an Ajith starrer, Billa would've gone without a trace..

jinju
22nd May 2010, 01:19 PM
IMO, Vishnu is the most overrated director of the younger crop. Except AA, no film of his has caught my attention. Had it not been an Ajith starrer, Billa would've gone without a trace..

+infinity :) ...i was about to post something on these lines when i saw this thread here! shud say ajay, u stole the words out of my hands :D ! AA was fantastic! Pattiyal, no comments :D ! Billa, ahem, apart from a super stylish ajith and nirav shah the rest of it was a joke to me! Sarvam to me was the final nail so to speak...! i keep watching each film of his in the theater itself going by the promise he showed in AA and each time disappointment is the only result!

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2010, 01:35 PM
Hey Jinju.. We both share a lot in common.. :-)

BTW, watch Bangkok Dangerous to get an idea of the true potential of Vishnu.. Heard that even Sarvam is a rip off. Which film is it? 21 grams?

jinju
22nd May 2010, 01:39 PM
Hey Jinju.. We both share a lot in common.. :-)

BTW, watch Bangkok Dangerous to get an idea of the true potential of Vishnu.. Heard that even Sarvam is a rip off. Which film is it? 21 grams?

ya of course ajay!

he didn't even spare the medical shop girl bit for the heroine :oops: ! and ya, Sarvam is broad daylight murder of 21 Grams concept! thankfully, it served one purpose...brought Arya crashing back to earth in my estimate atleast...hope Bala gets him back in form!

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2010, 01:45 PM
As Red giant and Cloud Nine are releasing films every now and then, there'Ve been frequent raids in the DVD shops in Chennai. So atleast for a few more months, we will not get to hear abt Vishnu's next project... :lol:

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2010, 02:26 PM
No that AA was not without flaws. But for a second timer, it was more than acceptable and the film had its moments.. He also had the knack of getting good tunes from Yuvan, which I doubt now after listening to Sarvam..

Kambar_Kannagi
22nd May 2010, 08:33 PM
No that AA was not without flaws. But for a second timer, it was more than acceptable and the film had its moments.. He also had the knack of getting good tunes from Yuvan, which I doubt now after listening to Sarvam..

Meaning?

Kambar_Kannagi
22nd May 2010, 08:34 PM
+infinity :) ...i was about to post something on these lines when i saw this thread here! shud say ajay, u stole the words out of my hands :D ! AA was fantastic! Pattiyal, no comments :D ! Billa, ahem, apart from a super stylish ajith and nirav shah the rest of it was a joke to me! Sarvam to me was the final nail so to speak...! i keep watching each film of his in the theater itself going by the promise he showed in AA and each time disappointment is the only result!

Pls don't watch anymore VV movie - friendly advise. :)

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2010, 08:38 PM
Meaning.. Sarvam didn't even have the rocking numbers that VV-Yuvan combo used to give..

Kambar_Kannagi
22nd May 2010, 08:43 PM
Meaning.. Sarvam didn't even have the rocking numbers that VV-Yuvan combo used to give..

Irungga, Hub Yuvan Sangga Thalaivar kitta pOttu kodukurEn. :)

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2010, 08:46 PM
Avarum idhaiyedhaan solluvaarunnu nambaren. Yuvan shouldn't have rubbed the wrong way with Selva. This VV, VP ellam counting their days..

Kambar_Kannagi
22nd May 2010, 08:55 PM
Avarum idhaiyedhaan solluvaarunnu nambaren. Yuvan shouldn't have rubbed the wrong way with Selva. This VV, VP ellam counting their days..

I thought the other way around.

ajaybaskar
22nd May 2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah.. It holds true either way...

Nerd
22nd May 2010, 09:44 PM

:oops:

His career graph is now a normal distribution curve with Pattiyal being the peak. Billa was OK, nothing great. Sarvam was a disaster. I am no more a fan :twisted:

Kumarappa
22nd May 2010, 10:16 PM

I wouldn't be so sure about that, thalaivar vanthu solluvaar. 8-) :P Even I don't think so. VV's earlier movies were all gangster/don based (Kurumbu-va vidunga, I don't consider it even as a VV movie!), Sarvam for the first time was a romance movie from Vishnu (and since he failed in this genre, he should return to his gangster genre! :D ). Perhaps expecting same kinda music in Sarvam too? I don't know how a song like Theepidikka or Namma Kattula or any Billa song should have fit into the movie. :roll: IMO, Sarvam might be this combo's best even (perhaps after Pattiyal!), if the movie had clicked, people might have been of a different opinion. Perhaps if someone else had sung the songs or even someone else had composed the songs, you might have liked it. Perhaps Adada vaa should have been sung by Dhanush and his wife. I'm still wondering why this album is considered bad/average/not-so-good. :roll:

viraajan
23rd May 2010, 12:00 AM
Thalaivar? :roll: :oops: :twisted:

I have never been a fan of Vishnu. Yeah he is slightly overrated. I liked AA to some extent, even though i have not seen it fully.

Heard about Pattiyal-BD connexion. Hence rejected! :lol:

Sarvam - Draws a good amount of inspiration from 21 Grams. But Vishnuvardhan had made a different story out of it. Poor execution and screenplay. Arya - a big minus in this movie. Each time he tried comedy i was like :banghead: He could not act. He was just reading out whatever was written on the paper :lol: Had that been done by some other actors like Sruya/Karthi, the movie would not have gone unnoticed.

Billa - remake. Only his presentation is laudable :clap:

So, there has not been a single movie of VV which has bowled me over.

However, he was always great in getting superb music from yuvan ;)

AA - Almost full album :boo:
Kurumbu - OviyA :bow: One of the best melodies from yuvan but sadly it vanished with less popularity. Reach wasn't that good :(

Billa - Techno stuff. :boo: Brilliant music in Nan meendum and sei song. Background :2thumbsup: :happydance:

Pattiyal - edhedho, kannai vittu, poga poga :musicsmile:

Sarvam - Definitley one of the best albums of yuvan :thumbsup: Groovy! :yes:

Ajay, nijammave sarvam had a very good music. All 5 songs were good. Katrukulle, Nee thane were excellent. Siragugal was terrific. The only reason why the songs did not appeal to many was the choice of singers. Katrukulle and Siragagul were spoiled by the singers :cry: But musically, that's a great album but suffered from choice of singers.

VV-Yuvan combo Will rock in future also :boo: VV, edhO period movie'la busyA irukkuradhA pechu adipadudhu... I hope he comes out with an excellent script and get the best music from yuvan :yes:

ajaybaskar
23rd May 2010, 12:06 AM
VR,

Except Sarvam, I like all other VV-YSR combo works. For some odd reason, I didn't like any song except Siragukal. It was just an IMO post.. The world may think otherwise.. :-)

viraajan
23rd May 2010, 12:31 AM
no no problem ajay :D views are different. but sarvam had too good music :) :yes:

venkkiram
23rd May 2010, 03:28 AM
விஷ்ணுவர்த்தன்-யுவன் கூட்டணி என்றால் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்தது பட்டியல் தான்.

ஏதேதோ எண்ணங்கள் வந்து
கண்ணை விட்டு கண்ணிமைகள்
போகப் போக பூமி விரிகிறதே
நம்ப காட்டுல மழ பெய்யுது
டேய் நம்ம மேளம் எடுடா

எல்லாமே நல்லாயிருக்கும்..

great
23rd May 2010, 08:22 PM

:shock: Sarvam had the best number, even better than vv previous movie.

viraajan
23rd May 2010, 08:27 PM

:shock: Sarvam had the best number, even better than vv previous movie.

:exactly:

I would say that singer selection is the only problem in this album! Musically, this is a very good album.

NOV
23rd May 2010, 08:28 PM

:shock: Sarvam had the best number, even better than vv previous movie.+1

Sanjeevi
23rd May 2010, 08:36 PM

:shock: Sarvam had the best number, even better than vv previous movie.+1+1

ajaybaskar
23rd May 2010, 08:45 PM
Onnu koodittaangayya.. Onnu koodittaangayya.. :lol:

viraajan
23rd May 2010, 10:22 PM
Onnu koodittaangayya.. Onnu koodittaangayya.. :lol:

:lol:

many fans are missing... else innum neraya kootam koodum! :wink: :wink:

Vivasaayi
23rd May 2010, 10:40 PM
விஷ்ணுவர்த்தன்-யுவன் கூட்டணி என்றால் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்தது பட்டியல் தான்.

போகப் போக பூமி விரிகிறதே

:clap:

beautiful song...

mareen
23rd May 2010, 11:09 PM
Sarvam music was awsome.

YSR is awsome!

Kumarappa
24th May 2010, 12:38 AM

:shock: Sarvam had the best number, even better than vv previous movie.+1+1+2

Scale
24th May 2010, 01:20 AM

Adada Vaa (Illayaraja)
Kaatrukullai (Yuvan Shankar Raja)
Neethane (Yuvan Shankar Raja)
Siragugal (Javed Ali, Madhushree)
Sutta Suriyane (Vijay Yesudas)
Theme Music (Instrumental)

Vocal Massacre! Appa (wrong choice), Pulla (has a nasal blockage & he took 2 songs?), Javed Ali & Madhushree (Tamizh kolai) & the other VY is nothing but a substandard pattiyal - kuthu song. Disappointment written all over considering their previous hits. I wish to revisit AA or Pattiyal anyday but Sarvam never, horrific! Remorselessly this was hyped as album of the year.

Scale
24th May 2010, 01:25 AM
Director Vishnuvardhan :evil: I am anticipating a day to hear AA's(my fav) is also ripped off from one of those Far East gangster movies. Punnagai poo Geetha has a share.

ajaybaskar
24th May 2010, 08:06 AM
Scale,

Exactly my thoughts!!

MADDY
24th May 2010, 08:10 AM

I wish to revisit AA or Pattiyal anyday but Sarvam never, horrific! Remorselessly this was hyped as album of the year.

Pattiyal stands tall and Billa too.....sarvam, pretty much not in my books :)

Kumarappa
24th May 2010, 12:38 PM
Vocal Massacre! Appa (wrong choice), Pulla (has a nasal blockage & he took 2 songs?), Javed Ali & Madhushree (Tamizh kolai) & the other VY is nothing but a substandard pattiyal - kuthu song. Disappointment written all over considering their previous hits. I wish to revisit AA or Pattiyal anyday but Sarvam never, horrific! Remorselessly this was hyped as album of the year.

Oh well, then this means you're not complaining about the compositions itself, but your problem are the singers, right? Then I expect, you would love the Telugu version of the album, since there IR and son have been replaced by Ranjith and Haricharan, appadi thaane? Just because of the singers, an album becomes a disappointment, idhu edhO "nondi saakku" pOla thOnuthu. Your argument doesn't sound convincing anyway, since their previous hits, which you would revisit anyday, also have these voices. In Pattiyal also, Yuvan has sung 2 songs, in AA one, in Pattiyal IR has crooned a similar number like Adada Vaa, AA has northies Mahua Kamat and Anushka Manchanda singing 2 songs, appa good, ippa horrific-a? Songs kEtteengala, illa tracklist and singer names paarthu ippadi mudivukku vanthueengala?

Even I agree partly, Siragugal was killed by the two singers, Yuvan (his voice is amazing, his singing not always!) was not that good in Kaatrukkulle, but that doesn't stop me from listening to the tracks again and again. And IMO, it deserved the tag "Best album of the year", I don't know which other album does. :roll: I can only say, I feel so sad for all people who can't like these songs, they're missing something.

Scale
24th May 2010, 01:13 PM
nondi sakka? What are you trying thrusting upon others opinion to like it.

When I said that its horrific to revisit it means everything. Inspite of YSR and other singers singing those songs in AA & Pattiyal they are very trendy, instantly likeable which is not in case of Sarvam tune/orchestration/sound wise the album certainly lacks that punch & absolutely no longevity. Infact all YSR-VV fits in one container pop-kuthu-remix not much variety tho. I am a keen observer of YSR's incessantly used remix works & ludes in VV songs. In that sense Namma Kaatula > Adada, Theepidika > Sutta Suriyana, Konjam Konjam > Siragugal & YSR other songs > YSR Sarvam songs.

We are not missing anything only you are going overboard to call it as album of the year Naan Kadavul, Nandhalaala, Aanantha Thaandavam, VKK & the least impressive Ayan beats Sarvam fair & square.

Scale
24th May 2010, 01:35 PM
The only thing I want to check is the lyrics of Sarvam (no great shakes I believe) and there is this unexpected VA's-Vettaikaaran to hunt it down both music & lyricwise.

YSR vocals in Sarvam is the biggest letdown where the tune is slow, much more romantic and needed some powerful rendition you see the difference yourself en kannodu/kannai vittu & sarvam songs.

Scale
24th May 2010, 02:02 PM
Yuvan (his voice is amazing, his singing not always!) was not that good in Kaatrukkulle, but that doesn't stop me from listening to the tracks again and again.

:lol2:

viraajan
24th May 2010, 07:25 PM
The only thing I want to check is the lyrics of Sarvam (no great shakes I believe) and there is this unexpected VA's-Vettaikaaran to hunt it down both music & lyricwise.

YSR vocals in Sarvam is the biggest letdown where the tune is slow, much more romantic and needed some powerful rendition you see the difference yourself en kannodu/kannai vittu & sarvam songs.

YSR's voice is the only let down in my opinion. Though Pattiyal had beautiful numbers, AA had some trendy music, Billa had some exotic music arrangements, there is 'something' in Sarvam, which beats all these to become my personal favorite. I think Singer selection makes you all overlook that 'something'. There was a fresh feel in sarvam.

And Vijay Yesudoss' song is a good track neatly packed with cool interludes and nice lyrics.

viraajan
24th May 2010, 07:29 PM

:shock: :rotfl:

Kumar, idhukku mEla nAma Sarvam pathi pEsanumgreenga? :lol2:

Kambar_Kannagi
24th May 2010, 07:30 PM

:shock: :rotfl:

Kumar, idhukku mEla nAma Sarvam pathi pEsanumgreenga? :lol2:

:)

viraajan
24th May 2010, 07:32 PM
minnalaam, YSR'a HJ'oda thaan compare pannuvanga and that gave rise to a new thread "Yuvan Vs Harris" :lol: ... ippa VA kooda comparison aarambichachu... :lol:

VA vs Ysr or Sarvam vs Vettaikaran, udhayamAgAma irundhA sari :lol2:

Plum
24th May 2010, 07:41 PM
I havent heard Sarvam so far but didnt like much of Billa or even AA.
Pattiyal stands out and is one of the best ever of Yuvan.

Kumarappa
24th May 2010, 08:34 PM
:shock: :shock: :lol:

Kodumai... Comparing Sarvam with Ayan or Vettaikaaran? Eeshwaraa...

vEndam saamy! Innum yaar yaarOda compaer panni indha album-a asinga padutha pOreengalO theriyala, idhuvE pOdhum. VR, kelambunga, konjam nalla musical sense irukkiravanga kooda Sarvam patti pEsalaam.

It's you opinion, I accept it. Ungalukku Sarvam flop, engalukku top, you may believe whatever you want, engalukku onnum kashtamO nashtamO illa. Sorry for that nondi saakku line, you were arguing only based on the singers, that's why. :D

Btw, AT and VKK 2008 boss!

Vivasaayi
24th May 2010, 08:36 PM
AA I feel is little bit over rated.

Vivasaayi
24th May 2010, 08:38 PM
Siragugal in sarvam is a competitor for the best song of the year.

Sanjeevi
24th May 2010, 08:39 PM
EnakkennamO yuvan has given sarvam songs some 2 or 4 years before. Thats why mixed reactions :p

Nerd
24th May 2010, 08:43 PM
Siragugal in sarvam is a competitor for the best song of the year.
If only better singers were used.

-1 for Sarvam from my side too. The best part about Sarvam music was Ilaiyaraaja not because of adada vaa but 'mella mella' :P

+1 for Pattiyal.

Scale
24th May 2010, 10:14 PM
-deleted-

viraajan
24th May 2010, 10:29 PM
Scale, it was you who compared Sarvam with Vettaikaran, Ayan, VKK.

Music Knowledge? Is that a criteria to participate in the discussion and to post our opinion?

Yogi? Why here? :? The discussion is only about VV-U1 combo. BTW, Sarangi theme was the best from yuvan, last year.

Vivasaayi
24th May 2010, 10:31 PM

Adada Vaa (Illayaraja)
Kaatrukullai (Yuvan Shankar Raja)
Neethane (Yuvan Shankar Raja)
Siragugal (Javed Ali, Madhushree)
Sutta Suriyane (Vijay Yesudas)
Theme Music (Instrumental)

If that is considered as a factor - then LOTS of ARR albums would fall under that category - inculsing the recent VTV -

Scale
24th May 2010, 10:36 PM
Go & read his posts properly and he asked for the better albums of that year and asked you to 'kelmabalam'. Yogi is 2009!

thambingala :wave:

Vivasaayi
24th May 2010, 10:37 PM
Go & read his posts properly and he asked for the better albums of that year and asked you to 'kelmabalam'

odane escape aayiduveengale... :wave:

viraajan
24th May 2010, 10:39 PM
Go & read his posts properly and he asked for the better albums of that year and asked you to 'kelmabalam'. Yogi is 2009!

2009 last year thaanungalE... Sarvam 2009 thaan...

nan kelamburadhu irukkattum... :wave: