PDA

View Full Version : AR Rahman & SJ SURYA's "A Aah" (BEST FRIEND)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Oldposts
26th December 2004, 09:00 AM
Topic started by Kabilan (@ 219.95.230.4) on Tue Jul 20 02:49:26 EDT 2004.

This is a new movie that going to start as surya in the lead BF.Ar rahman is scoring the music for vairamuthu's lyrics.The script is still under process.

Oldposts
where is this cine news from?

Oldposts
hello

Oldposts
pudhu koraliya killappi viduran paaren

Oldposts
Should have got it from here
S.J.Suryah’s new film- 'BF'

By Moviebuzz
Monday, 19 July , 2004, 08:51

After the stupendous success of New, Suryah is about to launch his new film titled, BF, short form for Boyfriend!
Apart from playing the lead role, Suryah will be producing and directing BF. Said Suryah: “It is a short and sweet romantic story. I am still working on the script.”

The director who believes that good story and presentation are the most important aspects for the success of a film has not decided on the star cast of this film. A.R.Rahman will be providing music for BF.

Meanwhile Suryah's New continues to do good business in its second week, he has received many offers to dub the film into Hindi.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13524796

Oldposts
Naan BF paaka poren :))

Oldposts
adu 18 years and over na than parkalam.. ona mari sinna pasanga parka koodathu...

Oldposts
what if it ends up being the boy version of the hindhi film "girlfriend"?!?! :S eeeeek

Oldposts
tamilcinema.com once had a article about SJ Surya quoting him as a pedophile and gay. Now they have all praises about him.

Oldposts
i heard from an ARR fan page that BF is suppose to be short for the title "Best Friend" which is the real title for SJS next movie with ARR as the MD.the person stated that he had got this confirmation from SJS's brother

Oldposts
BF= BEst Friend this movie is abt friendship!!!!

Oldposts
Not long ago people were going ga-ga about ARR's ability to pick album (only if it is good director, producer etc etc). Now that im wonder how ARR has fallen into the trap of a crap SJS

Oldposts
hmmm valee = hit
kushi = hit
new = hit

Oldposts
I dont understand the purpose of this thread.. The music of the movie is not yet released.. the movie itself has not yet been started... probably they have not even decided the story for the movie and here we are talking about the music of the movie.. and i know where this thread will end.. there will be some ARR bashers and some IR bashers and some profanity in the thread and admin will finally close the whole thread... You can do this in the 'NEW' thread itself...

Oldposts
Kupps.....even based on piratheepan's theory SJS is a crap rite?..

neethanda tamilan crab!.... :)

Oldposts
As it was predicted before ARR is gone one step ahead to score music for BF featuring Shakeela.

Oldposts
yeppadiyo..ARR pera keduttha pothumnu irukinge pole....vazhtukkal..

Oldposts
hopefully it is not tamil version of girl friend
:-)

Oldposts
Harijan,

do not talk much as if IR has not made music for movies like ulle veliye where the double meaning dialogues were more than new

Oldposts
a hit movie can be a crap -- eg. kushi, uLLae veLiyae, thuLLuvadhO iLamai, boys(its a hit in telugu).

but i agree to dinakar's point. let me stop here.

Oldposts
Hey SJS said in the TV program "Live Choice"(Raj Digital Plus) that he is shooting the "Kumbakonam"song and he said that he is going to add that song in the movie NEW.
And by the manner in which he said it seems that ARR is going to be the composer for his next movie also.And it is a bilingual.He said their combination had worked well and expecting to work with Rahman again.

Oldposts
Hai Surya!

I am Jeyam from trichy. i have interested to joining your assitant. I have strong knowledge in story writtnig. i have lots of stories. If u okkay
i will send my story.
Thank You Boss
By

Truly
Jeyam

Oldposts
nalla idea paa. SJS kitta asst aa sernthu appdiye 2-3 movies la hero aagi New maathiri oru padathula nadichidalaam nnu plan aa? besh besh

Oldposts
ithan velai kekkara latchanamma?....besh besh...

BTW i'm SHOCKED

SJS-um ARR-um Boyfriends-a!??!?!??!

Oldposts
hi
s.j.sury
hw r u? im fine. ur the most luckest person 2 have me as a assistent. b.coz. i have done 5 maga soud & light show in my home town tuticorin.in each mega shows has 15 stages & 150 artist& 100 dancers for 4 days in tuticorin. plz give me an appoinment 2 se u. i wish 2 work with u in ur comming film BF. thanking u

kalaiyatha nesamudan
a s rubert

Oldposts
>>> SJS-um ARR-um Boyfriends-a!??!?!??!

Me too shocked.. Is that true...
appo ARR-Ranjit Barod
ARR-HJ
ARR-Suresh Peters
ARR-Sivamani..

Ohh... Unbelievable

Oldposts
it is not BOYFRIENS it is BESTFRIENDS.

Oldposts
BF SONGS EPPA RELEASE AGUM ?
<a name="last"></a>

dinesh2002
27th December 2004, 01:56 PM
I’ve given life to two people’s memories in BF” – S.J.Suryah

After striking a hat trick with Vaali, Kushi and New, S.J.Suryah is ready with his BF. Now don’t get ideas, BF is the acronym for Best Friend. Well who is his Best Friend? Let’s hear it straight from the director turned actor who talks to Galatta.com

Your BF has created a lot of curiosity …
Yes, my BF (Best Friend) is Kushi part II. The BF title is not to shock the audience and they will understand when they see the film. Best Friend is a humorous love story. Normally in a love story the lovers are united by either their friends or an action hero but in my BF I’ve told it is a different manner. For the first time, the two lovers’ fond memories together unite them. I’ve given life to two people’s memories.

Can we expect a generous dosage of sex in this movie also?
Definitely, otherwise the audience will be upset but similar to my earlier movies, BF also has a message.

It’s a New Year, New movie, new heroine… How does it feel?
Yeah. After seeing the likes of Simran and Jothika I’m introducing the audience to an atom bomb. After hunting for the right girl in Mumbai and Bangalore, I zeroed down on Nila in Delhi. She resembles Simran.

AR Rahman seems to be SJ Suryah’s Best Friend. How did you manage to get him to compose for your movie?
Rahman is very busy and is doing a Hollywood film. The secret of his success is his commitment. He does not make a commitment easily but when he does, he does not quit without giving his best. We spent a week in Kodaikanal composing the music.

When does BF go on the floors?
We are going to start the fun in the New Year.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/interviews/tamil/s.j.suryah/Default.asp?login=s

rajeshkrv
27th December 2004, 03:21 PM
Vaali is the lyricist not VM

slperson1
29th December 2004, 02:45 AM
Movies name is BESTFRIEND not Boy Friend. three songs are completed somebody said a trailor is out as well.the pooja has happened the movie will release in May or was it march i dont member shooting starts in january.SJ Surya will be directing this movie along with ezhumalai vs chitra (also ARR music) which will have Simbhu and i forgot the actress as the lead.

sad
29th December 2004, 10:40 AM
asin

sanchayy
30th December 2004, 07:52 PM
ONE ALREDY WRITTEN BY VALI

varukirai thodukirai
ennai venir pol
ane sudukirai
po po enkiran
pokamal ane nikkirai...

baba88
2nd July 2005, 02:42 AM
Ah Aah on 10. July

coucou
2nd July 2005, 06:18 PM
Ah Aah on 10. July
how do you know?

interz
3rd July 2005, 04:45 PM
rahman please feed the starving fans with your music we miss it badly.

MADDY
3rd July 2005, 06:53 PM

i think that' s the height of desperation from a ARR fan........ARR sir we really need a good tamil album.......pls sir......

Scale
3rd July 2005, 08:22 PM

Interz! I got confused several times with you & inetk karthi (itwofs).

R u the one who rated VS is better than Rahman and now missing ARR??

R u the one who praised Ponniyin Selvan - a foottapping music festival review (current topics), & just in an hour coming here and requesting ARR to feed the starving fans with his music .

the latter proves who is better than whom. Dont post messages just for arguments.

Anyhow welcome. I have very high expectations for "The Rising" than half baked GF & SJ surya's B/Fm (Aa Aah). I am afraid that his songs are going to be unnoticed bcoz of the lapse on the production & themeless script.

dinesh2002
6th July 2005, 11:32 AM
i heard the audio is coming out this sunday..is it??

sad
6th July 2005, 03:09 PM
dun worry dinesh... it will be delayed again! :wink:

dinesh2002
6th July 2005, 04:03 PM
dun worry dinesh... it will be delayed again! :wink:

its confirmed on July 15...be prepare!

interz
9th July 2005, 05:06 PM
just bec you are fan of one specific md it doesnt mean u have to ignore others (only hardcore rahman fans and hardcore ir fans do so), i acknowledge rahman bec he is the trendsetter in indian movie music.

Scale
9th July 2005, 07:19 PM
check yrs till :banghead: :banghead: posts
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3700&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

& my post on IR's TIS

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=164059&sid=114c519e4e832691dbe0c7a3c0675a0b#164059

and refrain your comments abt HC fans pointing me & hiding yrself (yr sign as ARR - Class missing in ARR threads & whenever u talk abt VS alone). Dont say that you banged yr head bcoz they diverted the topic to MD ARR as best instead of discussing the best lyricist/combo. All your efforts to equalize yr fav with the living legend or by degrading/underrating the latter in his douse(absence) period will result only in vain. Indisputably since Roja, ARR is far ahead of any MD throughout his career.

I am talking about his Terrific track records :clap: :thumbsup:, not just a trendsetter can achieve !!

just bec you are fan of one specific md it doesnt mean u have to ignore others (only hardcore rahman fans and hardcore ir fans do so), i acknowledge rahman bec he is the trendsetter in indian movie music.

R u the one who praised Ponniyin Selvan - a foottapping music festival review (current topics), & just in an hour coming here and requesting ARR to feed the starving fans with his music .

the latter proves who is better than whom. Dont post messages just for arguments.

Anyhow welcome. I have very high expectations for "The Rising" than half baked GF & SJ surya's B/Fm (Aa Aah). I am afraid that his songs are going to be unnoticed bcoz of the lapse on the production & themeless script.

dinesh2002
10th July 2005, 07:27 PM
Everybody has been giving the dates for the audio launch of Ah aah as
10th or 11th or 15th. The actual launch is on 20th july which is
confirmed. The launch is held at Albert theatre. ARR, Actor Vijay,
sarath kumar, Khushoo, Simbhu, Director Shankar would be present at
the audio launch.

Actor Vijay will get the first copy of the Audio CD and Simbhu would
get the first copy of the audio cassette

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/52875

slperson1
13th July 2005, 06:40 PM

What does the comment praising Ponniyin Selvan have to do with anything?they praised good music. All the person said was they were starving for RAHMAN's music.

interz
14th July 2005, 06:43 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

alias
14th July 2005, 08:18 PM
Thats excellent news Dinesh... Waiting eagerly for the album of this year.

MADDY
16th July 2005, 08:55 AM
hey guys, saw A Ah promo on SUNTV this morning....it looks like a really interesting movie.....i culdn't comprehend the tunes of songs but there was 1 melodious song which seemed very beautiful.....just watch it guys.....i wud prefer a Hit movie rather than a hit musical album.... :D

united07
16th July 2005, 09:22 AM
All the songs doesn't have ARR stamp at all!..
the music composition of this A..Aah and his recent hindi composition have huge quality gap in them!..

i am extremely disappointed!....none of the songs souns good to me...just sounds like a mediocre ....may be i will chg my opinion once i get hold of the song in CD...but so far...i am disappointed..

and wats wit SJ Surya...he copied an exact scene from The Mexican (Brad Pitt & Julia Roberts)..although I must say the movie trailer is charming..to a certain extent.

dinesh2002
16th July 2005, 09:25 AM
yo guys...is the trailor played in an specific show or just inbetween breaks of serials???plz plz im dying to listen to it....

dinesh2002
16th July 2005, 09:27 AM
All the songs doesn't have ARR stamp at all!..
the music composition of this A..Aah and his recent hindi composition have huge quality gap in them!..

i am extremely disappointed!....none of the songs souns good to me...just sounds like a mediocre ....may be i will chg my opinion once i get hold of the song in CD...but so far...i am disappointed..

and wats wit SJ Surya...he copied an exact scene from The Mexican (Brad Pitt & Julia Roberts)..although I must say the movie trailer is charming..to a certain extent.

true man...Rising isnt as great as Lagaan or even BOSE...but u should understand that these kinda movies need picturisation to support the songs....lets wait...but so far i already hooked with 3 songs : Holi Re,Main Vari Vari & Rasiya..typical ARRahman .....others r situational songs....amazing tracks....im writing this after listenin to it after 15 times.....and about Ah Aah...u sure man??not nice? :cry:

Movies
16th July 2005, 09:36 AM
United How can comment after a 30 1 min trailer and that too after once!

Its jus too biased!

MADDY
16th July 2005, 11:19 AM
Dinesh, the trailor comes on "putham puthusu"(hope i'm not wrong) at 6:00 am and 11:00 or 12:00'o clock in the nite on SUNTV.....

united, i dunno but i felt there was 1 song in that trailor which had a very catchy beat.....i think it shuld be a gud album......pls dunt kill it b4 it is born....
as i said i think wat ARR needs in tamil is a HIT MOVIE and not a hit musical album.....CM,Anniyan r all very mediocre albums but look wat appreciation MDs get just bcos they r a part of success combo......so i want A Aah to be hit movie rather than a gr8 isai kaviyam. :D ....

dinesh2002
16th July 2005, 04:45 PM
ohhk man....thanks allot...but here in malaysia....suntv plays SUN MUSIC after 11.30 pm :(:(

A.ANAND
16th July 2005, 06:43 PM
1 minit trailor paatutu ethantha comennum pannathingappa..
wait until the audio out..i think a aah 100% musical hit of 2005.wait n c..!!!

Guess_Me
16th July 2005, 06:54 PM
Can someone say mainly what kind of songs were shown in the trailer? Also is it comparable to NEW?

slperson1
16th July 2005, 08:21 PM
can sumone capture the trailer and upload it?

sad
17th July 2005, 06:47 AM
Hello ppl... dun judge the songs from a small trailer...
it happens all the time for arr songs... from the trailer all the fans will judge the song... pathetic.. listen to the whole song with good cd quality and on a high sound system.
But jus for the true fans who wanna glimpse.. here's the audio preview from the trailer...

http://www.coolgoose.com/go/song?id=191911&get=bin

sad
17th July 2005, 06:50 AM
If the links nt working... jus go coolgoose and search for ah aah audio trailer.

slperson1
17th July 2005, 07:19 AM
Thanks so much!
n e one know where we can watch the video trailer as well?

dinesh2002
17th July 2005, 07:49 AM
yo guys...1st i must say my thousand thanks to SAD machan...thanks allot man.....the songs sound very plain actually,but i really liked Mailiraghai - Madhushree & the song by Sadhana sargam...others sounded like ARR composed when he is really tired....i seriously think he needs a good rest atleast for 1 month.....lets see how this audio turns up!!!

slperson1
17th July 2005, 08:05 AM
i STRONGLY disagree with u dinesh. Im already hooked to these songs.I cant wait to hear the full version of the number sung by ARR himself.It is very haunting.This album is soooo much better then NEW!

Guess_Me
17th July 2005, 08:12 AM
Many thanks sad.

I think the songs sound good. Nothing spectacular but good. But they have hooked me now.

dinesh2002
17th July 2005, 09:01 AM
i seriously hope im wrong.....im glad many loved it so far...good good :D:D:D:D!

Movies
17th July 2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks alot Sad!!!!!

Heard it as well!

First of im not sayin anything bad at all cause the quality wasnt great and the songs underplayed .

SjS jus choose some interludes for the trailers i beleive.

But one song sounds good the melody i think the 3rd song or sumthin.......

I think the songs follow the New pattern.. lets wait with folded fingers fora grand commercial success for ARR and SJS!

sad
17th July 2005, 10:20 AM
ya sound quality is nt good... i recorded it from sun tv... but i really like the title song ah aah, thaluvuthu naluvuthu, mayi iragai... Must listen in CD quality for the magic to happen! :)

dinesh2002
17th July 2005, 11:09 AM
yo man....listened to it few times,and now its growing on me...i must thank ARR for taking both my Goddess ( madhushree & Sadhana ) for all his songs...esp this...both in 1 album,after DESAM (in tamil)....thanks ARR!!!

Movies
17th July 2005, 11:14 AM
dinesh chill dude... LOL....

SAD THANKS A LOT MAN, I never meant to sound bitchy about the quality, its a great effort on your part THANKS A LOOOT!

dinesh2002
17th July 2005, 11:47 AM
hehehehe...too excited on both of them singging in ARR album again...anywayz....confirm release this wed rite?!

lancelot
17th July 2005, 12:00 PM
it's not there in coolgoose........ the link SAD gave dosent work... i rtied serching for it. it's not available

hehe
:D

dinesh2002
17th July 2005, 02:13 PM
here is a link i upload,i knew coolgoose was not reliable ...

http://rapidshare.de/files/3119930/AhAahAudioTrailer.mp3.html

btw SAD machan,which show did u recorded this from man??

Jacky
17th July 2005, 06:07 PM
Can't believe this is by ARR. The man is starting to be indifferent in TFM. New was half decent and this nothing said better.
:(

slperson1
17th July 2005, 07:41 PM
Are you people realli disappoint :|
this album is way better then the recent albums.
i was hooked after second hearing of this audio trailer,i think its a nice commercial album.

slperson1
17th July 2005, 07:47 PM
http://karty2k.free.fr/Ah_Aah_trailer.wmv
video trailer :D

Guess_Me
17th July 2005, 08:15 PM
Million thanx man. I have been trying to get a glimpse of it on tv. Couldnt find it till now.

lancelot
17th July 2005, 08:32 PM
thanx u guys........ the song ARR sings sounds super..... all the others also sound very good... cant wait till 20th.... 20th come soon

hehe

Movies
17th July 2005, 09:14 PM
Jus saw the trailer on Sun TV!

Simple and looks pretty funny!

Songs sounding really good.

It think its gonna be HIT HIT HIT time!

Arjuna
17th July 2005, 10:47 PM
stunning is the word..the song in which ARR sings is awesome..a sure blockbuster..ARR proves again that he is GOD!!

interz
17th July 2005, 10:48 PM
argh in wmw format, 'ne one got mpeg or avi format??

Nerd
18th July 2005, 12:43 AM
Well except that one song were S.J.Suryah sings alone.. something like a love failure song.. the others were awesome.. another hit for ARR.. a ah is gonna rock tamil cinema for sure!!

Arjuna
18th July 2005, 01:43 AM
A Ah has set the stage on fire..Everyone are raving abt the songs..ARR has proved his point..

Movies
18th July 2005, 06:36 AM
Rahman has gone for golden voices this time. Looks like hari haran has sung a really really hard song, i hear unni krishnana and Sadhna. There is SPB and looks a notch better sakarai and ofcourse Rahman himself!!!!!!!

Cant wait to hear the songs!

united07
18th July 2005, 08:57 AM
guys i'm not killing the album before it is even born...
but..be frank...does it capture u like Sakkarai inikara sakkarai? or Kalayil Thinamum or even New New on the first listen itself?

i seriously think no....i couldn't feel the richness of the music that is associated with ARR all this while!.

Movies
18th July 2005, 09:25 AM
UNITED>>> Chill man, the songs arent even out yet! Why are u hell bent on convinving the songs sound bad on the trailer..... U need not force ur opinion on anyone! U said it once , Leave it...

Scale
18th July 2005, 10:28 AM
Is there any carnatic song as in the intro? :? Total tracks 5 or 6....

SJS should have used much of ARR song in the trailor itself? :notworthy:

Hariharan Lyrics (valee) & Pic is horrible. When SJS talks about his karpu being stolen. :lol: :rotfl:

Who is the guy in White (kaiya appadi thaan thookittu ponum. :banghead: :banghead: )

SJS veetla pillow illaya enna? :banghead: po po

Illusion na "New-movie" nu solliyirukkalam. Easy ya purinjirukkum.

SJS again be prepared for the protest against Magalir Sangam. :evil: Too early to comment from the trailor about ARR songs. :)

Since ARR is back after an year, GF release would have been better than Aa Aah.

coucou
18th July 2005, 02:01 PM
nila is beautiful even so. before watching the trailor, i don't accept this

dinesh2002
18th July 2005, 04:46 PM
yo guys..thanks for the amazing trailor!!! now the song sounded soo good!!well,NILA looks like simran allot!!! wow!!! take my words,she would overtake Trisha & jo with just this movie!!! Welcome Nila!!! and i think they didint preview 1 song man!! coz only 5 songs can be heard! 1 more surprise i gues??:D:D:D or is the 6th track is a Theme which has that carnatic beat??cant wait!!!!

Mailyiraghai!!!!!

dinesh2002
18th July 2005, 04:49 PM
[tscii:f21c2f2e56]Suryah’s smart move!

By Moviebuzz
Monday, 18 July , 2005, 12:36

S.J.Suryah is a smart alec, he knows how to market himself and his films better than others. When he announced his new film as BF everybody jeered and when he explained that it was nothing but Best Friend, Tamil chauvinist saw red!
A quick thinking, Suryah changed the title to Aa.. Aah the first two letters of the Tamil alphabets. Now the film is all set for release and our smart Suryah has gone back and advertised the title in small word with a bold BF as the tagline!

The music of Aa.. Aah by A.R.Rahman is said to be rocking and Suryah plans to have the biggest ever audio launch in the coming days.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13897862[/tscii:f21c2f2e56]

svaisn
18th July 2005, 04:58 PM
Does this mean...
The audio release is shifted again???

C'mon expecting for the 20th

coucou
18th July 2005, 05:51 PM
the song picturation are better than anniyan's for me, especially the song with sadana sargaM. MAYBE BECAUSE OF MUSIC?

Scale
18th July 2005, 07:39 PM
Thazhuvudhu Naluvudhu Hoi! Thazhuvudhu Naluvudhu Hoi :roll:

Mayiliragae :oops:

cant stop humming!

Movies
18th July 2005, 08:02 PM
An interesting bit of fact for you guy;

I saw The movie Asai ( Vasanths movie, with ajith and prakash raj) a while back on SUNTV. 1. Around the start of the film, ther is a scene where the heroine ( suvalakshmi) gets of an auto. And guess what; the auto driver is none other than S J Suryah!He is so meagre! And someone else dubbed his voice! Was he an assistant director in that movie?

2. At various places in the movie Mr Deva plays a BGM, a well modified version of bambay theme!

:lol:

dinesh2002
18th July 2005, 08:03 PM

cant stop humming!

i know man...so nice :D:D:D:D

what is the line that sadhana song is ah? Tadak kala tada....:P:P

Scale
18th July 2005, 08:11 PM
An interesting bit of fact for you guy;

I saw The movie Asai ( Vasanths movie, with ajith and prakash raj) a while back on SUNTV. 1. Around the start of the film, ther is a scene where the heroine ( suvalakshmi) gets of an auto. And guess what; the auto driver is none other than S J Suryah!He is so meagre! And someone else dubbed his voice! Was he an assistant director in that movie?

2. At various places in the movie Mr Deva plays a BGM, a well modified version of bambay theme!

1. Movies! Yes SJS was the assistant director of Vasanth in that movie. Now you can analyse the original Aasai & Vaali inspired thriller. Rhythm is a classic too. Its eccentric to believe that SJS(8 yr old playboy) was an assistant of Vasanth (clean director) :roll: .

2. No wonder! I remember Thilothamma was a blatant lift . This is the one & only album in my collection of Vasanth/Mani prodn & not bcoz of Deva. btw, Where is he now??[/b]

dinesh2002
18th July 2005, 08:48 PM
did u guys notice in the movie Kizhaku Cheemayile,SJS will come as a maatu vandi guy...and pattu veiye to the crook...hehehe....check that out!!

alias
18th July 2005, 11:19 PM
Man, I do not see this album any resemblence to New song in any angle. Probably it is too late to judge the album. So lets wait and watch.

coucou
19th July 2005, 12:15 AM

cant stop humming!

i know man...so nice :D:D:D:D

what is the line that sadhana song is ah? Tadak kala tada....:P:P

i watch this song 100 times a day? I WAS CRAZY :? :? THE LINE IS VEGU VEGU RATHIRI NON?

Nerd
19th July 2005, 01:12 AM
thazhuvuthu nazhuvuthu hoi.. pick of the album, IMO..

Movies
19th July 2005, 05:18 AM
Scale,

Oh now see the connection between asai and valee!

Movies
19th July 2005, 08:29 AM
I remeber reading somewhere, that SJS is gonna re use "Kumbakonam" from New........... is it possible that the sixth song from A aa is Kumbakonam??????

I HOPE NOT!

Nerd
19th July 2005, 01:24 PM
Audio release tomorrow? Doesnt look like it :cry:

coucou
19th July 2005, 01:46 PM
Music whiz back on track
IndiaGlitz
Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A R Rehman's much awaited audio of A Aah, a movie directed by S J Suryah, will be released in Chennai on Wednesday.

The film which marks the come back of the music director in Tamil after a brief interval, has six numbers with a mix of peppy western and folk tunes.

The audio will be released at a function to be held at Albert Theatre in Chennai where Suryah and A R Rehman came together last time to have the audiocassette of 'New' released.

The movie stars Suryah in the lead role and acting opposite him would be debutante Nila.

Initially titled BF, the movie's name had to be changed following protests from few Tamil organizations.

A.ANAND
19th July 2005, 07:50 PM
woooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!amazing trailor.
mindblowing song with new sound..sure to be b.buster musical hit this year.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

interz
19th July 2005, 09:10 PM
tomorrow.....mouthwatering.....

united07
20th July 2005, 08:10 AM
Ok ok...finally i surrender..
even on the second watching of the trailor...the songs do sound a lot better ...

probably the mixing is not good for the trailors that I didn;t find ARR stamp on the music.....CD will do a better justice....

MADDY
20th July 2005, 10:09 AM
too good...the songs with the first listening felt very much avearge but now i'm hooked to it......it is mindblowing........i've listened to it 100 times and it runs in the back of my brain while in office too.......it has really captivated me.....ARR rulz.....pls dunt ever doubt this fact :D

Movies
20th July 2005, 10:45 AM
Maddy ,

Rahman fans never doubt him..........

But guys wait before we jump onto any conclusions , the full audio isnt out yet...

Guess_Me
20th July 2005, 01:01 PM
Here is the track listing for Ah Aah

1. anbe aruyirae--- ARR
2. mayiliragae.... madhushri,naresh iyer
3. vaugirai...........hariharan,chitra
4. thigu thigu.... sadhanaa sargam
5. thazhuvudu... s.p.b,shreya ghosal
6. maramkothii...shankar mahadevan,shalani, vasundra dass, blaze

svaisn
20th July 2005, 01:31 PM

1. anbe aruyirae--- ARR

Is it getting released today???

coucou
20th July 2005, 01:56 PM

1. anbe aruyirae--- ARR

a good choice of singer. it is sure thaluvadho is a hit because shreya singsssssssssssssss!!!!! :o :o

stone cold
20th July 2005, 02:00 PM
man...... i m gettin excited here

Scale
20th July 2005, 02:00 PM

1. anbe aruyirae--- ARR
3. varugirai...........hariharan,chitra

a good choice of singer. it is sure thaluvadho is a hit because shreya singsssssssssssssss!!!!! :o :o

Interesting! :roll:

sanje
20th July 2005, 02:31 PM
out on tamilnapster.com cd quality

dinesh2002
20th July 2005, 03:51 PM
im really dissapointed on how the mp3 in 320kbps are out on the 1st day..... why couldnt they just put in 128kbps!

lancelot
20th July 2005, 04:02 PM
is the CD out????????? am in Sri Lanka.... will i b able to get the CD today, if i got to the shop now..........????? please tell me... all the waiting is making me mad...

hehe

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 04:16 PM
ho man - the song in which ARR sings is world class..he is GOD he is GOD he is GOD!! that's all I can say!! stunning..I am crying here..ARR is just GOD!!!

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 04:22 PM
I am just out of words to describe the songs!! Varugirai is out of the world experience!!

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 04:29 PM
Anbe Aruyirae is the greatest song ARR has ever sung..its beyond comparison..its beyond words...I dont know what to say..ARR is back!!

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 04:31 PM
The 320 Kbps has such a great effect..I am just waiting for the CD to get released here in London!

Jacky
20th July 2005, 04:34 PM
Not a trendsetting album like Boys or AE. There's nothing in the audio to make common people go frenzy. There was a time where even unknown directors had access to ARR's best like Mr.Romeo or En swasa Katrey but these days he seems to have lost motivation to work with them. If ARR is going to serve two albums like this per year, he'll soon be forgotten in TFM. That's the truth. Lest It won't hurt if he works for MR, Shankar or even BR, irrespective of the BO fate, the songs can remain in our play lists forever.
BTW, Mayiliragey and Woodpecker are marginal consolations in this album.

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 04:38 PM
I strongly disagree with Jacky!! I think this album of ARR is the best to comeout in the last 5 years!! Its far ahead of Mr Romeo or En swasa katrey!!

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 04:47 PM
Its million times better than NEW!! This is what we fans wanted from ARR and hats off to SJS for extracting the best from ARR..

MADDY
20th July 2005, 04:49 PM
stop jokin jacky....i know u r kidding....... :D

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 04:50 PM
I have been praising ARR even for some of his mediocre albums that have been releasing for the past 5 yrs..but I this album satisifes my thirst after his greatest releases Kandukondein Kandukondein and alaipayuthey in 2000..

Jacky
20th July 2005, 04:56 PM
Well Arjuna! Tastes and preferences differ and we'll leave it at that.
I didn't wanna be blunt, in fact Thazuvuthu Nazhuvuthu will go down as one of the worst song composed by ARR. For a similar husky/Sexy theme, just listen to Zahreela Zahreela Pyar from Daud.
I'll stop posting in this thread guys, at least for a few days. Have fun with BF/Ah Aah!
Cheers.

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 04:57 PM
The song in which ARR sings, seem to be ARR's propaganda song..He is saying what he thinks abt the tamil ppl ! :)

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 05:00 PM
Oops jacky, I hated that Zahreela pyar song :)..yeah tastes differ!!

coucou
20th July 2005, 05:09 PM
every songs have a good refrain but i have impression listen old songs.
mayil iragai and thigu thigu are best

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 05:18 PM
Naresh Iyer sounds ditto like Haricharan who sang in Kathal!!

coucou
20th July 2005, 05:23 PM
dinesh,united07,movie, a.anand why dont post in this thread?
are you disapointed or lost words?

dinesh2002
20th July 2005, 05:37 PM
yo man, i think the songs r great!!!! i dun care what people saying,but take this!!! its gonna rock TFM,give it few weeks,once the audio is AVAILABLE everywhere.....Anbe Aaruyire takes over TFM!! mark my words!!

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 05:39 PM
Dinesh you are right man!! I am just getting hyper and hyper listening the Anbe Aruyirae by ARR..I just feel like doing something..but dont know what to do..I just sent a mail to ARR praising the songs :)

dinesh2002
20th July 2005, 05:41 PM

did u feel u have listen to the old songs when u listen to CM & ANniyan or u felt they were original???

coucou
20th July 2005, 05:48 PM

did u feel u have listen to the old songs when u listen to CM & ANniyan or u felt they were original???

I DON't say it is not original but i feel heard songs of MJR OR SIVAJI with new music. when i listen chandramukhi or anniyan i have impression "erkanave ketta mathiri"

lancelot
20th July 2005, 05:50 PM
out on tamilnapster.com cd qualityhay tell me how to download??????
hehe

dinesh2002
20th July 2005, 06:23 PM
hehe

listen to it here :

http://musicmazaa.com/tamil/aSongslist.php?movie=Anbe%20Aaruyire%20-%20Best%20Friend

lancelot
20th July 2005, 06:27 PM
i got the songs........ i have no words to explain them.... i'll tell more about the songs after listening to it more....

it's a big slap on Shankar's face.... this is how the Anniyan songs would have been better if the Master had done the music.....

i love it. luv it luv it luv it luv it

super super super super super super super super

ARR is the best.....

hehe

dinesh2002
20th July 2005, 07:05 PM
hahahahahah so true man..>Shankar did attend the audio launch of Ah Aah rite??hahahah...sure he will be shocked!! Shankar,dont dare u approach ARR anymore,u lousy music lover!

ykrrajan
20th July 2005, 07:12 PM
THE SONGS SIMPLY ROCKS. JUST LISTEN TO HAVE THE FEEL AND U WILL BE HOOKED TO IT. ITS 4 SURE.

A.ANAND
20th July 2005, 07:18 PM
yo caocao,nitcyama ungala pola aalungga songslam kettutu vayiru eriyapoarathu enno 400% unnmai..woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow amazing songlamaaaaaaaaaa.itha itha ithatha ethirparthen...my fav.is thaluvuthu thaluvuthu....
patta saraiyam adicha kikkupa....caocaooooooooooooooooooooooo..hahahaha

lancelot
20th July 2005, 07:21 PM
hahahahahah so true man..>Shankar did attend the audio launch of Ah Aah rite??hahahah...sure he will be shocked!! Shankar,dont dare u approach ARR anymore,u lousy music lover!

actualy i hope Shankar takes ARR for his next film.. then v can see more super stuff frm ARR and Shanka will realise what he missed in Anniyan.......

forget that... not the thread to speek about Shankar.

ah aah is super. i just cant take the headphones off my head...

i hav to go an get some sudies done.. but cant .... this music is sooooooo powerfull.. it's keeping me hooked.

not goona stop listning to it....

hehe

Scale
20th July 2005, 07:28 PM
hehe

listen to it here :

http://musicmazaa.com/tamil/aSongslist.php?movie=Anbe%20Aaruyire%20-%20Best%20Friend

This is absolutely ridiculous . Damn! Uploading on the same day as CD quality. TIS, Rising every new album is there & they are asking to donate. Look at the no. of users online. Server voothikkum ya.

Bull S***. All Musicians hardwork, producers money rottula.... :(

rskarthik_2k3
20th July 2005, 07:33 PM
Varugirai..... song by hariharan/Chitra is superbbbbbb. no words to explain. :D

ykrrajan
20th July 2005, 07:34 PM
ALREADY THE MP3 ARE AVAILABLE AT http://www.tamilmasala.net. THIS IS RIDICULOUS THAT THE SONGA ARE OVER NET THE SAME DAY OF ITS RELEASE.

njv
20th July 2005, 07:38 PM
hehe

listen to it here :

This is absolutely ridiculous . Damn! Uploading on the same day as CD quality. TIS, Rising every new album is there & they are asking to donate. Look at the no. of users online. Server voothikkum ya.

Scale we approached this guy to remove TIS but he doesnt simply care. There is an effort gonig on to sue this guy (he is thinking he can escape being in Malaysia). We have lost VKR, GV and Gaja Moideen almost died, still these people doesnt care. "Thirudana paarthu thirunda vittaal thiruttai ozhikka mudiyaadhu".

As far as fans goes, I am sure they will buy the original CDs. Its only these pity fellows whose life is so low that they can even offert to buy a CD will do this job.

coucou
20th July 2005, 07:42 PM
yo caocao,nitcyama ungala pola aalungga songslam kettutu vayiru eriyapoarathu enno 400% unnmai..woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow amazing songlamaaaaaaaaaa.itha itha ithatha ethirparthen...my fav.is thaluvuthu thaluvuthu....
patta saraiyam adicha kikkupa....caocaooooooooooooooooooooooo..hahahaha

a aah aa aah aa a.anand what do you say is right if i hate songs. but I love these songs.
after 10 listenning my favorite is thaluvuthu. SPB HAVE A GOOD JOB UNLIKE HIS "sakkarai sakkarai' in new. woww wwwwwwwwwwwww what a beautiful voice of shreya gosal.:shock: i was impressing
i like too thiku thiku's music but not lyrics. lyrics are poor
in first listenning i prefer is mayire mayire. new singer look like unnikrishnan. it's so beutiful his voice. a great openning with carnatic music.
i can't listen others songs because i can't stop these 3 songs. :cry: :cry: :cry:

alias
20th July 2005, 07:43 PM
This should stop... They have do something to prevent these guys fro m uploading music and downloading.. Shame on this guys... Poor music directors and producers.. No wonder why they have to raise the Cd price to cope with this piracy....

ANd by the way I havent listened Aa..Aahha.. hopefully we will get the Cd by this weekend.

ykrrajan
20th July 2005, 07:45 PM
THIS IS THE HEIGHT OF MISUSING THE TECHNOLOGY TO MAKE THE FILM INDUSTRY PEOPLE ( PRODUCERS ) TO GO FOR THEIR END. THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.

coucou
20th July 2005, 07:46 PM
hehe

listen to it here :

i agree with you. likely that is arr rahman's mp3 because we are sure be a hit and his fans buy it. but if the mp3 of worst music director :shock: :shock: anybody buy the cd: :? :? All Musicians hardwork, producers money rottula....

dinesh2002
20th July 2005, 08:13 PM
Music release today of 'Anbe Aaruyire'

Wielding a nadaswaram, S J Surya looks like Shivaji in 'Thillana Mohanambal.' Next to him in the place of Baliah, is Nila with the thavil. Even as you see the image, your ears feel like listening to the music.
Taking a hold on our musical inclinations, we let our eyes roam over the posters pasted around Albert theatre. This is where the audio release of 'New' also took place.

The music release of 'Anbe Aaruyire' or 'A Aa' in short, was for special invitees only, since S J Surya and A R Rehman were taking part.

S J Surya plays the role of a journalist in 'A Aa.' When he is not collecting news, Surya is busy correcting Nila! Like a few cashew nuts dispersed in a thick halwa, the film is dispersed with a few scenes of Nila in sari!

A small bird told us that the music in the film is fantastic. The lyrics for the 20 somethings are written by 70 year old Vaali. As in 'New,' dance choreographer Brinda has made some brisk movements in this film too. After the disappointment over 'Anniyan' songs, the songs of 'A Aa' will come as a welcome relief. (Please hold on till tomorrow morning for details on the music release function)
After 'New,' the women activists must be eagerly awaiting 'A Aa' to scream out their anti slogans and fling those rotten eggs.

Could this be another victory for S J Surya?

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/20072005-4.shtml

Thiru
20th July 2005, 08:19 PM
'6-1/2 kodi' song rocks.... audio quality is very poor :(

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 08:26 PM
All ARR fans should buy the CD of this film..Its a treasure..I am just eagerly waiting for the CDs to release in London..

dinesh2002
20th July 2005, 08:35 PM
Music release today of 'Anbe Aaruyire'

Wielding a nadaswaram, S J Surya looks like Shivaji in 'Thillana Mohanambal.' Next to him in the place of Baliah, is Nila with the thavil. Even as you see the image, your ears feel like listening to the music.
Taking a hold on our musical inclinations, we let our eyes roam over the posters pasted around Albert theatre. This is where the audio release of 'New' also took place.

The music release of 'Anbe Aaruyire' or 'A Aa' in short, was for special invitees only, since S J Surya and A R Rehman were taking part.

S J Surya plays the role of a journalist in 'A Aa.' When he is not collecting news, Surya is busy correcting Nila! Like a few cashew nuts dispersed in a thick halwa, the film is dispersed with a few scenes of Nila in sari!

A small bird told us that the music in the film is fantastic. The lyrics for the 20 somethings are written by 70 year old Vaali. As in 'New,' dance choreographer Brinda has made some brisk movements in this film too. After the disappointment over 'Anniyan' songs, the songs of 'A Aa' will come as a welcome relief. (Please hold on till tomorrow morning for details on the music release function)
After 'New,' the women activists must be eagerly awaiting 'A Aa' to scream out their anti slogans and fling those rotten eggs.

Could this be another victory for S J Surya?

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/20072005-4.shtml

i taut anniyan audio is a hit??why they say dissapointment??

Scale
20th July 2005, 08:41 PM
'6-1/2 kodi' song rocks.... audio quality is very poor :(

Guys this is one of the biggest achievement of ARR. Thiru sir kooda inga vanthu post saithirukkaru. :clap: NOV pls note this.

Thiru! pls visit ARR (OUR) Thread regularly.

err.... ARR always rocks

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 08:41 PM
I just have one complaint..in the mayiliragai..in the starting I dont know y the female singer hums..sounds like janaki..I cant stand her voice!!looks awkward!! otherwise the song is another snehithane!! Class!!

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 08:42 PM
Also the music bit in mayiliragai (1:26 to 1:50) is brilliant..chanceless..

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 08:45 PM
the success of the album is because it didnt have any hype..I personally never expected ARR to score such a classic in SJS's film..that too after NEW..this is in the range of MR,Shankar or Rajeev Menon...

Scale
20th July 2005, 08:48 PM
the success of the album is because it didnt have any hype..I personally never expected ARR to score such a classic in SJS's film..that too after NEW..this is in the range of MR,Shankar or Rajeev Menon...

Arjuna where is your lamba dialogue of ARR?

Thala Thala Thala.......

Music4Ever
20th July 2005, 08:50 PM
Ennappa idhu album is just released and people are talking that it's a success already! I am yet to see some objective ARR fans (apart from Jacky, perhaps) provide input on the album, so, not having listened to it, will keep my fingers crossed. If it's indeed of Alai Payudhe calibre then ARR fans can truly rejoice. But is it really that good?

vjrag_ind
20th July 2005, 08:53 PM
Cinesouth is confusing...they said the anniyan rocks initially..now they say it was a disappointment. This album is like rain on parched land. All the songs are good. :).....

Man i am so excited.

coucou
20th July 2005, 09:05 PM
after all opinions of arr fans, we can say arr is back in tfm. :o :o :o
we have to feast this mement.

one thing "thiru thiru" is the only song of sathana sargam i like after snehitane. before i hate her. i dont understand wht i like every singer in this album whereas i hate them for 5 last years. it is called arr'magic ??:o :o
madusree sings well despite of his bad prononciation of tamil

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 09:31 PM
Scale: lamba dialouge? appadina? :)

Scale
20th July 2005, 09:34 PM
Scale: lamba dialouge? appadina? :)

enna arujuna! lamba na neelamana.

nee oru periya pattam ARR kodutha nyabagum irukka......

I found

Engal Idhaya Deivam Mannin Mainthan Thenpandi Singam Isai Brahma Puratchi Puyal Mozart of Madras Engal Anna Then Nattin Tsunami Bharat Ratna Varungala thamilagam Dr ARR Valka!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 09:42 PM
Scale: ho :))..

ARR is also an Isai Turiya (Supreme Brahman) ;)

Nerd
20th July 2005, 09:48 PM
time to celebrate guys.. awesome songs.. but i was dissappointed with the SPB one.. is worse than sakkara..

njv
20th July 2005, 09:51 PM
check ur pm

njv
20th July 2005, 09:53 PM
Scale: ho :))..

ARR is also an Isai Turiya (Supreme Brahman) ;)
Arjuna, you are going to upset Rajasaranam here. He hate the word Brahman.

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 10:00 PM
rajasaranam hates the word brahmin not brahman ;)..and I really dont care if anyone hates any words ;)

Movies
20th July 2005, 10:06 PM
Unfortunate the audio rips are out so soon! I am usually the first one to grab an ARR release, this time it seems the MP3s beat me!

To the Audio;

1. A AA song by rahman >>> WOW! he has hit bulls eye! Only thing i cud find fault with this song is that the actual vocal is sorta unerplayed! Wudnt this song be a perfect Modern era MGR song?

2 &3. Varigurai and thigu thigu---- both are just as good as the first one!

3. Mayiliragai --- Rahman gives his best commercial melody after rythm and snehithane!

4. Maramkothiyae --- Im not gonna spoil the surprise this song holds for the listeners! Only one complaint about this though the rap bit at the interlude could have been avoided!

5. Thaluvuthu Naluvuthu ----- This sounded the best in the trailor.... but as i expected this song changes too many gears, song is great in parts and avg at parts! SPB is in top gear. Rahman started this sorta composition from thenali, and he has used this sorta style since then.

This is my comment after only listening to the songs twice!
Unlike all rahmans album this is an exception.

I am sure this album is a going to be a massive commercial hit, no doubt! but thanks to the Morons exploiting the net, i doubt if the success will be translated into audio sales!

Request to ALL RAHMAN FANS ---- BUY THE ORIGINAL ALBUM!

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 10:11 PM
Movies - great review..and ur right A Ah song is a perfect modern era MGR song :)..Infact SJS dances like MGR in that song!! :)

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 10:14 PM
OOPS I have a feeling that the A Ah song could be the title song..with the titles rolling on!! I will get pissed off if SJS does that!!

Music4Ever
20th July 2005, 10:18 PM
njv, thanks :)

lancelot
20th July 2005, 10:29 PM
OOPS I have a feeling that the A Ah song could be the title song..with the titles rolling on!! I will get pissed off if SJS does that!!

i'll come to India find him and kill him

hehe

Movies
20th July 2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks alot Arjuna!

Dinesh your views mate?

And Suresh we all wait for your final words.

Lots of things I want to say about this album but I would rather till most people have heard the album.

Arjuna
20th July 2005, 10:39 PM
Ur welcome Movies :)

Can anyone say who has done the additional programming for this movie? Is it by G.V. Prakash?

MADDY
20th July 2005, 11:16 PM
good teaser movies...we now know wat to xpect from the album....

i just heard the Anbe Aaruyire song sung by ARR.....frankly i have not been able to go beyond that song...i'm stuck in that song only....it reminds me the excitement that i used to have while listening to Chandralekha(thiruda thiruda), Urvasi(kadhalan), Chikku bukku rail, Mustafa, Girlfriend(boys) songs.......

ARR vanthutaaraiya vanthutaru TFMkku....... :D

i like this song more maybe cos i'm an MGR fan too......how gr8 it wud have been to see MGR lip synching to ARR's tunes......

MADDY
20th July 2005, 11:18 PM
hey G.V.Prakash is that irritating voice that came up in Paarthu paarthu(uzhavan) and Kuchi Kuchi Rakkamma(bombay),isn't it??....... :D ....

sahi hain yaar, ARR's bhanja(mapillai).... :D

Nerd
20th July 2005, 11:23 PM
maddy

i like this song more maybe cos i'm an MGR fan too......how gr8 it wud have been to see MGR lip synching to ARR's tunes......

that cracked me up :rotfl:

why MGR dude.. what about rajini?? wud hav been an awesome song for him.. but SJS in that.. :cry:

Thiru
21st July 2005, 01:32 AM
To be Frank, i'm impressed with this album.. 6-1/2 kodi, mayilirage, dhigu dhigu are really good... The other 3 numbers are ok... Maramkothiye reminds me of Fanaah a lot....

lancelot
21st July 2005, 01:39 AM
To be Frank, i'm impressed with this album.. 6-1/2 kodi, mayilirage, dhigu dhigu are really good... The other 3 numbers are ok... Maramkothiye reminds me of Fanaah a lot....

it has the same beet as Yaakai Thiri

am hooked on to Mayilirage
hehe

Jacky
21st July 2005, 02:06 AM
It's actually more close to Bin tera Sanam Remix than Yakkai Thiri.

http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/artist/DJ_Suketu.html

Music4Ever
21st July 2005, 05:04 AM
I am with Thiru, re the good songs in this album. I love ARR's Ayiram kodi pErgaLil and MayilragE and THiku thiku songs. The others are not good at all at this point of time. In particular, MayiliragE is a vintage MSV-type number. The whole album is heavy on orchestration.

MADDY
21st July 2005, 07:32 AM
thnx thiru.......now we,ARR fans shuld feel better as someone outside our fanatic group likes the songs then it is bound to be a hit......ultimately it is non-ARR fans who decide albums' fate.....

Thiru
21st July 2005, 08:10 AM
Maddy,

To be frank, my appreciation doesnt count...

http://www.dhwanii.com/rahmania/thiru1.html

Movies
21st July 2005, 08:57 AM
A AA is really really good, thats the least i can say at this point!

A few weeks back i said Rahman needs to show to TFM he can come with HIT scores with ease, and i beleive he has shown TFM the exact same thing with A AA. Rahman you can now go back to Period films! LOL!

The good thing about A AA was it got completed in less than a year. New released around this time last year, a month or later SJS anounced his twin projects with ARR. So doesnt this prove Rahman DOES NOT DELAY MOVIES ( to Mr. Shankar)!

For the pick of the album are ( not in fav order)
Anbe airuyuira, mayiliragae, thigu, varugirai and marankothi. at the end comes thazhuvuthu.

The 5 songs are equally amazing! The SPB song will take some time to sink and im certain the visuals gonna spice it to top.

But I have to be biased and say the Anbe Aryuire song is the best because Rahman himself has sung it! Otherwise all are equally good! :)

Not that a song has never had more than one form ina album, but I somehow feel this is a different thing from rahman!
I think I have an explanation for it..... remember how SJS and rahman re worked an olden goldie ( thootal ) in new, this time they probably decided they moght as well be the first one to rework this Golden song from A AA.... :D

sureshc
21st July 2005, 09:22 AM
Songs are below par.
Didnt expect this scrap from so called Musical genius.
Sounds much like D . Imaan

Movies
21st July 2005, 09:25 AM
LOL sureshc r u trying to fool us into thinking you are the Real suresh?..LOL! u only got 1 post before this mate an that too on ramesh v.! LOL!

sureshc
21st July 2005, 10:10 AM
If some one tries to tell that A -Aha songs are nice apart from mayilirage, then he is just fooling around...
Nothing more!
lets expect better stuff in GOD Father.
If this stuff continues, even God's father will not save him from an early exit from TFM!!

Movies
21st July 2005, 10:16 AM
ok sureshc... ru the god father?.... u hallucinating !

Scale
21st July 2005, 10:27 AM
NAY VALA NIMURTHA MUDIYATHU.. :twisted: (pazhamozhi)

KORANGU KAYIL MAALA KODUTHA THAARU VELA: :twisted: :twisted: (pudhumozhi).

sureshc
21st July 2005, 10:30 AM
guys, be mature enough to accept facts and move on.
lets not write crap praising some junk stuff just because its from ARR.
Even IRRs recent stuff like athu oru kana kaalam and oru nall oru kanavu were very avaerage and so was VS's pooniyin selvan.

try and be realistic and stop using adjectives!!

Movies
21st July 2005, 10:51 AM
sureshc, get a life pal,

If it matters to you that much jus ignore us, like the way the whole world has been ignoring u!

Guess_Me
21st July 2005, 11:01 AM
sureshc,

When ARR comes with excellent mesmerizing stuff in Swades or Bose, you people would say "it is too genius and not for the masses and hence will not be a hit". When he comes with chartbusters, you would say "didnt expect it from the genius himself". What can he do?

Movies
21st July 2005, 11:02 AM
Guess _me,

Does it matter what a brainless tweed like surreshc says?

Look at his post he is purely at anger at rahman for coming up with a HIT album!

A dejected fan of XXX music director he is!

sureshc
21st July 2005, 11:14 AM
hi guys,relax!!
Swades and Bose were excellent stuff. really classy and dont bring in AAha songs and even try to compare!

Movies!! are you sane?? i very much doubt!
just because you want to take on me doesnt negate the fact that A aha songs are below average!!
Dont get vulgar, try and be decent.
Will appreciate if you criticise.
I dont wnat to argue with fools!!

Movies
21st July 2005, 11:25 AM
sureshc,

Yeah like u said " dont argue with yourself!"

Dont pretend to like arr ... if u did, u wudnt say " So called Genius"

If it makes u happy then " A AA is really bad! it is rahmans worst!"

Happy?... now shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... BYE!

Ok guys, now lets get back to A AA.....

sureshc
21st July 2005, 11:28 AM
scale
nice provers!
idhuku poi oru chat yedhuku?
you know your doggies, monkies better as you are part of their team!

sureshc
21st July 2005, 11:34 AM
Movies.
u seem to have come out in the 4th month itelf! such a shortsighted dumbo! You seem to be a combo of deaf& dumb

I ve been a fan of Arr for years and offlate hes been a pushover.
Having heard Udhaya, AE, parasuram etc,you wouldnt dare to be on his side.
You must be a brainless tweed to be appreciating his music !!!

Movies
21st July 2005, 11:41 AM
People ,

A AA is fabulous!
:lol:, :rotfl:

dinesh2002
21st July 2005, 11:43 AM
suresh,let me finish ur matter in just 10 words!

Go out of this forum and do ur other work!

Movies
21st July 2005, 11:50 AM
Dinesh ,

forget about IT....

Scale
21st July 2005, 11:52 AM
yeah! discuss about Aa Aah & Rising.

Thihu Thihu Thihu Raathiri

Kubhu Kubhu Kubhunu thaan eriyuthe....

Thala Thala Thala......

Arjuna
21st July 2005, 11:53 AM
Guys, just ignore this guy Sureshc - I never knew Kilpauk Mental hospital had internet access!! ;)

dinesh2002
21st July 2005, 11:55 AM
[tscii:bbc2a2e6d2]Director Shankar who was a guest at the audio launch praised Rahman’s music to the shy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He compared Rahman’s music to a piece of layered cake. “Anbe Aaruyire” is slated for release on August 12.

http://sify.com/imagegallery/gallery/index.php?hcategory=13733818

A grand gala launch!

By Moviebuzz
Thursday, 21 July , 2005, 10:13

The audio launch of S.J.Suryah’s new film Ah..Aah (“Anbe Aaruyire ) was launched with great fanfare at the Albert theatre in Chennai. It was a star studded function that started with Soundarya Rajnikanth lighting the Kuthuvilakku.
Two songs- “Varugiraye Thodugiraye….” and Po…” were screened for the audience and later the dignitaries were called up on the dais. Superstar Vijay with his parents S.A.Chandrasekhar and Sobha, director Shankar, A.R Rahman and his mother, Simbu, T.Rajendar, singer Hariharan, lyriscist Vaali, Vivek, Namitha, Diya, Sivamani were among the guests.

The two-hour speech marathon kept the audience glued to their seats as each one showered praises on Suryah and compared him as another name for confidence and hard work. Vijay said that he was so impressed by Suryah’s dance movements in the two songs screened from Ah..Aah, that he got scared that Appachan the producer of his next film Puli, to be directed by Suryah would change his mind and cast Suryah as the hero!

Among the speakers it was lyricist Vaali, T.Rajendar and Vivek who walked away with all the applause. Vaali reminded the audience that he had written lyrics for the Sivaji Ganesan film with the same title about 35 years back. He also showered praises on Suryah for being a “good paymaster” in the industry.

However the surprise packet of the evening was the shy and reticent A.R.Rahman who gave a lengthy speech in a humorous manner about how Suryah extracts good work from him and his rapport with the director. Shankar and Simbu also spoke a few words. Vivek brought the house down in his usual style.

Suryah thanked each and every one present at the function and said that it was for the first time that a title of a film was selected by the public after its original title BF had to changed. He also said that Ah..Aah (“Anbe Aaruyire ) tells the story of a lovers who refuse to part in spite of their differences.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13900424[/tscii:bbc2a2e6d2]

inetk
21st July 2005, 12:04 PM
I was expecting the worst when I saw the trailer. But the album was a lot better except Thazhuvudhu Nazhuvudhu. Pick of the album is '6 1/2 kodi', 'Mayiliragai' and 'Varugiraai'. 'Thigu thigu' and 'Thazhuvudhu' sound like they were made for Kamal Hassan or K Bhagyaraj when they were in the kissing/ double-meaning spree. Thigu thigu at least has a decent format that I can remember as soon as its over. Thazhuvudhu sounds as bad as New's Kumbakonam. Poor SPB, of all the songs he had to be given this!

A special mention on the lyrics. A 70 year old man writing such youthful lyrics. Very good tamil lyrics almost for all the songs. 6 1/2 kodi is almost like announcing that ARR is here, alive and kicking/ or back with a bang. I'm sure other younger heroes like Vijay/ Ajith would kill for a intro song like this! Even Vijaykanth would perhaps want such a track. Mayiliragai has some fab lyrics invoking thirukural and kaamathupaal in interesting ways - sounds like uber chick version of Bhagyaraj. Naresh Iyer reminds me of Sonu Nigam and is fantastic in the higher pitches...a welcome addition. Madhusri's Tamil slips at times and that irritates big time. And who's that moron of a male singer in Thigu thigu...doesnt know a bit of Tamil is a real pain when he sings. Wonder how Rahman allowed this nut to sing in (!) Tamil.

One strange thing. The music style is no different from current picks like Yuvan Shankar Raja. In fact Yuvan puts together stuff like this every time with a bit more catchiness thrown in. Recent example - Arindhum Ariyaamalum. ARR's differentiation is perhaps the fact that he doesnt aim to make it simplistic or catchy and focuses on putting together something that sounds fresh/ interesting. And choose the 'let it grow' method. Yes, this is a rather heavy on orchestration album, quite unlike the more sober ones we've been hearing from him. But it sure looks like both SJS and ARR had a blast recording this!

The movie per se is supposed to have something different if I recall SJS's earlier interviews where he says that he has actually characterised thoughts and made them act as individual people. Thats an interesting thought. A Fight Club/ Adaptation/ Swimming Pool-styled love story? That does sound cool!

Arjuna
21st July 2005, 12:08 PM
Check out this link and see why ARR is GOD!! And u guys who are trying to defame ARR, get a BREAK!!

http://www.dinamani.com/Cinema/CineItems.asp?ID=DNC20050720132623&Title=Cinema+%2D+News&lTitle=%F9Nn%A7Ls

dinesh2002
21st July 2005, 12:10 PM
WHAT IT SAYS MAN??????

Movies
21st July 2005, 12:11 PM
Yeah the SPB song is a sore thhumb in an otherwise glorious album, but it does sound way better than Kumbakonam... I hated the Nithyasree wailing in that song!

Thigu Thigu, I thought was a really good on par with the others?..... is it not?

Ok the Ultimate question guys;

Is it safe to say that this is the best album in TFM in 2005?

dinesh2002
21st July 2005, 12:19 PM
for most of us,the ARR fans can say it,but the songs r yet to reach the public,so its tooo early actualy to know whether its a super hit or not!give it by end of this month,we will know!!

Jacky
21st July 2005, 12:42 PM
"Is it safe to say that this is the best album in TFM in 2005?"

Probably YES but not by a big margin. It shows How TFM MDs are lying at an all time low this year. Even IR's ME and AOKK were disappointments. Quality wise the songs in this album just don't make a quantum leap over others, in fact it sounds like YSR at his best! Mayileragey is good but others are average by Rahman standards. This album beats the rest only by numbers. 1 good song, 3 average ones.
A TFM album by ARR after a year, has he come back with a bang? Certainly not. Well if this is a hit then ARR shouldn't take this as standards for his future TFM projects.

Scale
21st July 2005, 12:47 PM
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/53479

Look at the above link and I feel same dancing to Maramkothi...

Read swaps initial review....Naresh Iyer (Channel V Super singer)

coucou
21st July 2005, 12:48 PM
"Is it safe to say that this is the best album in TFM in 2005?"

Probably YES but not by a big margin. It shows How TFM MDs are lying at an all time low this year. Even IR's ME and AOKK were disappointments. Quality wise the songs in this album just don't make a quantum leap over others, in fact it sounds like YSR at his best! Mayileragey is good but others are average by Rahman standards. This album beats the rest only by numbers. 1 good song, 3 average ones.
A TFM album by ARR after a year, has he come back with a bang? Certainly not. Well if this is a hit then ARR shouldn't take this as standards for his future TFM projects.

cool down! :) you are pessimistic

coucou
21st July 2005, 01:08 PM
we dont say this album is best album in tfm 2005 because the great album will release after aa aah: khajini, totti jeya, vallavan,godfather, oru kalluriyin kathai. so patience...

it's pssibily that godfather beat aa aah.

Scale
21st July 2005, 01:08 PM
Jacky! What are you trying to explain here?. Can you compose 1 song and post in this thread?. If someone else (HJ or YSR) has given such album! just imagine! Damn! intha TFM ye nar adichiruppangha.

Dont you feel that the yardstick you have kept for ARR album is too high? & he (a human) cannot satisfy your expectation in every album. Name anyone who can give simultaneously an album like swades,bose, rising in hindi and Aa Aah in tamil. To my knowledge, this album reached us like a spark in 3-6 months, b4 GF inspite of his various assignments.

How long you have been hearing to ARR albums. Dont you know the chemistry of ARR songs how it gradually grows. This album surprisingly got hooked even on the first listening, that too from SJS. Dude! Be patience. Constructive criticism are always welcome and not in just a day of the album released.

Keep your comments reserved atleast till the movie releases and be a silent spectator here for timebeing.

sureshc
21st July 2005, 01:17 PM
Its safe to say that Arr will have more people moving towards YSR and VS after listening to a aha.
Techno fusions !!. Burden to the ears.

Scale
21st July 2005, 01:20 PM
Its safe to say that Arr will have more people moving towards YSR and VS after listening to a aha.
Techno fusions !!. Burden to the ears.

Finally the evil :twisted: :twisted: mask disappears..

Do you want TFM to create a seperate forum for YSR or VS?? :lol: Keep Dreaming ...

Jacky
21st July 2005, 01:34 PM
[tscii:f264489c9b]"Can you compose 1 song and post in this thread?."
No, I can't. And never thought it was required to write my dislikes about an album on a public forum.

"Dont you feel that the yardstick you have kept for ARR album is too high?"
I don't think so. Except Baba and Parasuram there haven't been any major disappointments so far. New was average and so is this. Even flops like Kadhal Virus and KKS had extraordinary music.

"Constructive criticism are always welcome and not in just a day of the album released."
I commented today after listening to this album at least 20 times.

"Keep your comments reserved atleast till the movie releases and be a silent spectator here for timebeing."

You don't have to tell me what to do and what not. If you don't like my comment, you can always skip through instead of aiming a personal confrontation with me which is needless.

Others – am sorry about this exchange of words. Pls continue your posts.
[/tscii:f264489c9b]

sureshmehcnit
21st July 2005, 01:35 PM
Aa Aah music review

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/07/aa-aah-music-review.html

Smile
Sureshkumar

coucou
21st July 2005, 01:40 PM
thank you for the review a good job

Scale
21st July 2005, 01:57 PM
[tscii
Others – am sorry about this exchange of words. Pls continue your posts.
[/tscii:eaf9a38797]

Yeah its just exchange of words! No digression! Others pls Keep posting...

Good one suresh! Have to wait for the song visuals and script of the movie for its BO success.

Guess_Me
21st July 2005, 02:41 PM
Aa Aah music review

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/07/aa-aah-music-review.html

Smile
Sureshkumar

Nice review. Post it at mouthshut too. I have added "Ah Aah" today morning.
http://www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/Ah_Aah_Album-925051619.html

Arjuna
21st July 2005, 03:04 PM
Check this mail out:

Date: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:34 am
Subject: One of my most memorable days.. karthiks_india

I attended the function, with the sole intention to meet ARR and take a snap with him..I was almost successful in that.

First they played "Thigu..higu" and "Varugirai" on the screen...By that time , I some how sneaked in and reached ARR, who was seated near Vijay in the first chair of the 4th row..I introduced myself and said that I belong to Yahoo group..ARR greeted me with smile...I said that I needed a snap at the end...he repeated "at the end"..

When Varugirai was played, I again sneaked in ..to get his autograph...since, I was holding a small paper..ARR could not sign there properly....My first bad luck that evening...

The Show started late for about 45 minutes..Valee was the first one to speak..As reported by sify.com, he was one among the best one that evening.. He said how SJS believed a 75 year old man and extracted lyrics from him for a youthful subject...and how ARR tuned two songs ("Anbe aaruyire" and "varugurai") after the lyrics were completely written..He said had he not said that we all might have believed that it was wrote for a tune..<<<True... guys I couldn't believe it...ARR is Genius >>>

T R came a bit late..I wished he had never come..SJS had invited him to all his music launch function on a sentimental basis...To me he is the show spoiler..in the sense...he high jacks a serious show with some totally irrelevant talk about his "oru thalai raagam " and all...totally use less speech...I still remember how he literally scolded Trisha on the audio launch function of "NEW" for talking in English..He said that he knew ARR even during early days as ARR used to play key board in his studio for his music...<<<What a great information....chi...>>>

Vijay and his father...and all spoke shortly but sweetly..

Vivek...an other good speaker brought down the whole theatre with his wits..One point which he said , is noteworthy is "For the last century, the one MD who can be called as the MD of the century is IR, no doubt", huge claps for that..."but for the last decade and probably for this entire century, the man who redefined music and will be called as the MD of the century is ARR ..no doubt"..Theatre burst into claps and load shouts....I lost control and shouted from the bottom of my throat..

Simbu's job was very difficult..he had to some how cover up his father and at the same time talk sensibly...He did that fabulously...as a true son..he covered up his father saying that he is probably the Father of self confidence and hard work ("in tamil..you can understand what he said") followed by SJS..
talking about ARR, he said how he used to disturb ARR during his days wit his father in recording studios..and How ARR used to say softly that "take away this child some where and let us work"...

SJS ...probably got very emotional in the middle and stated talking...he said that he has decided to give some rest to the actor SJS and want to take up his direction only ..and so he as signed Simbu for "AC" and Vijay for "Puli"...he intends to shoot both the film simultaneously...release it on the same day and make both the films a hit..."he said..I can do any thing in cinema"..repeated it twice..or thrice...

Then some one talked shortly...again SJS caught hold of the mike and said..."I said I can do any thing...all of them clapped...but I noticed one man (ARR), had wrinkles in his head....I am sorry sir...I did not say this out of over confidence or false pride...As you always say...that one has to be careful that the head weight do not get on to you...I am aware of that...I am just confident...thats all..I am the same SJS who was the asst. director for vasant in Aasai"

Guys...this shows how ARR been an example for simplicity..What a big celebrity he is and see how he moves with people who are not even fraction of what he is today...

Simbu defended ARR's slow output saying when you need 100% guaranty of music sales which you are not sure with other MDs, you have to wait for it...there is nothing wrong if ARR takes time to compose...ultimately he delivers..that's what it counts..

At the end..ARR spoke...was very relaxed and easy this time..enacted how simbu used to hold him during recordings and how he used to trouble him with out allowing him to work...

ARR said that when he and Sivamani came out of IR's troupe (huge claps here..mention of IR evoked huge response)..they could not hear anything other than IR music...where ever they turned..at that time..TR came out with his unique bang music and took by storm...He recollected his days with TR and said that in his first kumudam interview he mentioned along with MSV and IR, TR is also his favorite MD...

Many speakers referred to ARR's famous line "ALL praise belong to the all-mighty" again and again...not with the intention to ridicule....so ARR also said that he does not feel ashamed to say any number of times that "ALL praise belong to the all-mighty"

The show was coming to an end..I prepared myself and went out..anticipating ARR to come out....when he eventually came out..I grabbed ARR's right arm, said "karthik - Yahoo Group..Snaps.." ARR said "ya..." and looked around..there was huge crowd..I showed him a free space and literally escorted him there...handed over my camera to my friend and just stood near him..placing my hand on his back..."My friend instead of clicking the camera..put it offf...My second bad luck...

By the time I put it on again..many crazy people joined ARR and wanted to take snap on MY camera...crazy..why...I do not know what they achieved by that other than pushing me to the corner and disturbing ARR...BY the time I recovered..ARR started to leave....I could not do any thing...

Guys...IT WAS SO CLOSE...BUT YET SO FAAAAAAR....whom should I blame????My fate...my Fate...

Anyway, I thank ARR for obliging to take a snap with me...what a great person he is..my God..Long live this noble soul..

Bye
Karthik

Arjuna
21st July 2005, 03:07 PM
Dinesh:

In that article, ARR says that IR is a genious and he wuld definitely like to work with IR someday!

Arjuna
21st July 2005, 03:10 PM
Check this out ;)

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/ahaah_aula210705/48826.html

coucou
21st July 2005, 03:44 PM
arr's song instrumental i've ever listen in tfm till now. this song's sound is look like great pop singer's (britney, jennifer, christina aguiler, beyoncee)

dinesh2002
21st July 2005, 04:29 PM
there is allot of pictures of shankar & arrahman together huh.....

coucou
21st July 2005, 05:24 PM
S J Surya was in top form. His passionate talk made even the a/c room warm. It was interesting just to listen to him.

"I'm directing a film with Vijay. Appachan, the producer of 'Friends,' is producing this film. The name of this new film is 'Puli.' At the same time, the story of 'AC' starring Simbu is getting ready." The voice started in a low tone and gained the melody of a conch.

"I've hardly been sleeping for the past 7 months. I get a maximum of 2 hours sleep. Apart from Vijay's 'Puli' and Simbu's 'AC,' I'm also working on another film," and his voice rose to top pitch. "I will release both films on the same day and make both turn out to be hits. Once I prove that I can do this, I can cross my legs and relax and show that I am director who can do anything."

After talking like a bullet train, he suddenly toned down like the cool morning dew. "When I said this, I watched A R Rehman's face. His face shrunk a bit. He always says never to burden oneself. His aim is to caution us from arrogance. But I am not saying this out of arrogance. I am saying it out of belief in myself," he said.

Surya, that's what we thought too!

if puli's music scored by arr, we have two albums of arr some day: puli and ac.woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooov
futhermore two movies with great heros, vijay and simbu

njv
21st July 2005, 05:47 PM
Dinesh:

In that article, ARR says that IR is a genious and he wuld definitely like to work with IR someday!
This is what ARR said in TIS meet.

"IR is a genius. He has surprised international music folks. He is a national treasure. We all came from him. Our state and central government is spending lot of money on so many things. They should do something to popularize this music and also help him out to create such projects"

While IR speaks, he conveniently called ARR as "avan", probably showing his closeness with ARR.

Hopefully the day is not too far. If they work to gether, it will be like beethoven and mozart working together. I DO HOPE THAT THEY DONT WORK FOR A MOVIE, BUT FOR A SYMPHONY OR PROJECT OF SIMILAR SCALE.

interz
21st July 2005, 06:44 PM
not impressed on first hearing, but thats how rahmans songs are, you have to listen to those 3 4 times before you start to like it.

the songs prove though he is a great sound technician, which is his trademark.

A.ANAND
21st July 2005, 07:14 PM
-deleted-

Thiru
21st July 2005, 07:25 PM
folks, pls refrain from abusing fellow hubbers...Hubbers are open to view their opinions...

united07
21st July 2005, 07:45 PM
honest assessment (although no one needs it from me)..

This kinda songs can be easily churned out by VS, YSR or even D.Imman....

The mixing is as usual, good and better than the other albums in the market..

but seriously!...talking about ARR's genius and stuff....there's nothing much in this album...

I'd rather swear by Bose and MP, eventhough they don't fare well in the market, rather than A..Aah!

Probably it's just another marketing strategy by ARR...get the sales figure high once again...then dish out the better quality stuffs...which will be a hard act to be followed by the pretenders!...

what-eva......good luck to ARR!....

arsaregama
21st July 2005, 08:04 PM
the film has a music tht can really enthral ppl with tunes of a composite variety.watch out godfather is the next release.cant wait to hear babuji thakkar the punjabi singer in a fast paced song in god father.aah aah cant be compared with alaipayuthe but cant b compared with any latest album after new. :roll: :wink:

baba88
21st July 2005, 08:41 PM
deleted by mod...

dinesh2002
21st July 2005, 08:50 PM
is the webmaster trying to kill Ah aah's market??????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Thiru
21st July 2005, 09:17 PM
The small piece between 3:30 - 3:36 in Thazhuvudhu nazhuvudhu reminds me of a song by Deff Leppard or Guns'N'Roses.. It sounds so familiar but I cant remember the name :(

njv
21st July 2005, 09:58 PM
Sorry for the degression, but this is the best place to put this

http://www.dinamani.com/Cinema/CineItems.asp?ID=DNC20050720132623&Title=Cinema+%2D+News&lTitle=%F9Nn%A7Ls

ARR said he would like to work with IR if there was an opportunity. Also he mentioned that "Kaatril endhan geetham" from Johnny is his alltime favorite of IR song. Please read more abt it.

MADDY
21st July 2005, 11:09 PM
hey folks, be open to criticisms.........have u guys forgotten that it was over-criticism from IR fans/carnatic music fans(subbudu)/media that has propelled ARR into a giant entity bigger than those 3 put together........

and also wats there in a page full of I love you rahman, u need someone saying i hate u rahman in between to add some spice.......let them post- just sit back and njoy......

it reminds me of saying - POTRUVAAR POTRATTUM THOOTRUVAR THOOTRATTUM :oops: ...someone pls complete it and correct it if i'm wrong........

i think ARR works with this philosophy in mind......

MADDY
21st July 2005, 11:16 PM
yaa dinesh.....this is killing ARR's market and indirectly TFM.....this wont deter ARR fans from buying the CD but it will definitely shoo away neutral guys without whom no audio can be a hit......

hey guys downlaod as much as u want but pls buy the cd as well if u like them........this is my plead........

alias
21st July 2005, 11:35 PM
njv, I thought ARR fav. song was Andhi Mazhai from Rajapaarvai and he said it is all time fav. probbaly changed so fast :-)

njv
21st July 2005, 11:50 PM
It probably depends on the mood. If I ask you whats ur fav ARR song you would say something based on ur mood.

MY IR favorite -> Kaatril endhan geetham (so I am like ARR!!!!!! - dont hit me guys), but I switch between this and so many other songs, most recently ninukkori varanum from Agni Natch...

MY ARR favorite -> Oru deivam thantha poove, but I switch between this and WOHE

alias
22nd July 2005, 12:00 AM
Check this mail out:

Date: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:34 am
Subject: One of my most memorable days.. karthiks_india

Arjuna,, nice one from Karthik, I could not control my laugh on the 3rd last para. It is really humorous. Same thing happen with me when he was in a concert adn i tried sneaking and this idiots would not let me get close to ARR, keep pushing me.

coucou
22nd July 2005, 01:11 AM
[tscii:032cc03be1]‘A Aa’ music release – with snazzy pics
The music release function of ‘A Aa’ was celebrated on such a grand note by S J Surya on his birthday, that those who attended could only say ‘Ah!’ in appreciation. With great difficulty, he managed to get the original title ‘BF” changed to ‘A Aa’ and made the release function the talk of the town.

The function started last evening at 6.30pm at Albert Theatre and most of the seats were occupied by stars. S J Surya invited prominent film personalities like Shankar, A R Rehman, Vijay, Simbu, T Rajender, Vali, Diya, Namitha, Lakshmi Rai, Vivek, S A Chandrasekhar to take their place on the massive dais in front of the screen and the function started with the lighting of the lamp by Soundarya Rajinikanth.

What was she doing there? It seems Soundarya is the one doing the graphics for ‘A Aa.’ The first cassette and first CD were released by Vijay and Simbu
respectively. After those on the dais received theirs, the VIPs started their speeches.

“I don’t see anything wrong in keeping a title like ‘BF.’ It can be Banumathi Fernandes, or even stand for best friend. Why do they see it as vulgar? Have I not
written suggestive lyrics for songs? Songs like “Chikubuku chikubuku rayile” and ‘Mukaalaa mukaabula” only have become super hits. Even Thirukkural does not
get the publicity that these songs get. In that context, we could call this a sirukooral,” said the ‘Ilaya Kavignar’ and received claps for his every utterance.

“You are not only seeing Vijay and Simbu on the same stage now, I am going to direct both of them at the same time as well as also release both their films at the same time,” said S J Surya with pride, much to the glee of the fans present.

“Surya sir is going to direct me in ‘Puli.’ But having seen his acting in ‘A Aa,’ I was quite scared that the producer may ask Surya to act as well as direct the film. He really was super in the song picturisation scenes,” said Vijay and Surya beamed with joy!

T R as usual waxed eloquent in his praise of the director. Vivek was more comic on stage than in his films and our tummies ached from laughing. In every function, A R Rehman keeps his speech short with “It’s all god’s grace.” Strangely, S J Surya seems to have cast a spell on Rehman as he actually spoke more than we expected and had us all pleasantly surprised. Rehman went down memory lane as he spoke of how a little Simbu would not allow him to compose music when he used to play the keyboard for T R!

“Today is Surya sir’s birthday and I have not given him a gift till now. Please all of you clap and wish him,” said Simbu honoring Surya in a unique way! Following this, a prize of 1 lakh was given by Rehman’s mother to the person who came up with the title ‘A Aa.’

When the function got over finally, Namitha could be seen with bare midriff exposed by her black t-shirt and the crowd clamored to touch and get close to her. It was quite a task to save her from the crowd.

The heroine Nila was nowhere to be seen. S J Surya explained that she was busy shooting for a Telugu film and hence could not participate in the function.

[/tscii:032cc03be1]

adept777
22nd July 2005, 02:06 AM
Varugirai Anbea En Aaruyire Thaluvurai Naluvurai Mayiliragai! (http://adept777.blogspot.com/2005/07/varugirai.html)
check out my first take:
http://www.adept777.blogspot.com/

adept777
22nd July 2005, 02:07 AM
Varugirai Anbea En Aaruyire Thaluvurai Naluvurai Mayiliragai! (http://adept777.blogspot.com/2005/07/varugirai.html)
check out my first take:
http://www.adept777.blogspot.com/

kamarajc
22nd July 2005, 02:33 AM
Heard a couple of times..... overall a good work!

I am still enjoying the wonderful work of Rahman in the songs, 'Mayiliragai...' and 'Marangothiyaai'. I dont think anyone has tried to do this novel attempt in the past.

Same tune. But in contrasting moods. The racy number has its own lyrics, high pitched singers and all that it needs to keep your foot tapping. The melodious number (believe me... same tune. Wow, Rahman!) transcends to another flavour with a soft-paced melody flowing through out. Singers have gelled well with Rahman and delivered so well to give that contrast. Rahman, we are proud of you. I am still stuck up with these tracks.. Will write more.

Movies
22nd July 2005, 05:31 AM
To everyone complaining about A AA :

Isnt A AA catchy? Captivating? ISnt it commercially viable? Isnt this what the general public look for? Then what are u folks complaining!

When Rahman comes up with classy yet peppy stuff like AE no one dares listen to it! Why not rahman givce a simple chartbuster to show "hey I can do anything!"

In my opinoin A AA is a simple, well timed commercial album!
The commercial success that has been eluding in Rahmans recent years is certainly a let down for any of his true fans! With this album TRUE rahman fans sit back and enjoy our Fav MD's song being telecast on radios and TVs 24 hrs a day

Chennai Radios are going beserk over the audio!

If rahman had comeup with something like AE for this movie as well I wud have gone mad, not cause AE is bad cause AE is too good for this sorta movie!

Nothing wrong in rahman choosing to do this sorta soundtrack... after all TF is about pleasing the crowd....... which A AA has done!

One thing that ceases to amaze me is ... even with commercial album rahman hasnt stopped experimenting!
Genius with guts!

A.ANAND
22nd July 2005, 05:51 AM
85% said aa aahh with positif review,and other said negatif review.so,donnt care about 15%..ellorukkum 100% oru album pidikkum ennru sollamudiyathu...elloraiyum thirupti paduttha mudiyathu...

Movies
22nd July 2005, 06:13 AM
Anand true,

but my plea was to rahman fans.

I thin outta the 15%, 12 % are rahman fans!

Movies
22nd July 2005, 06:48 AM
People Check this out, the officla website:

http://www.ah-aahthefilm.com/

how come no ones come across this site till now?

Check out the background song!
:)