PDA

View Full Version : IMMIGRATION TO THE US !!!

m_23_bayarea
4th June 2007, 09:27 AM
Hey guys, I just felt like opening this thread today to talk abt the various issues and experiences we've had abt the Immigration policies and procedures to the US! I know this hub has a lot of us here, and go through all kinds of concerns in this regard, so I thought why not open a topic and let all our concerns flow in the form of question and answers, and help each other out!

Let's talk abt the various ways of immigration like...

* Student

* Professional

* Business

* Dependent

* Tourist

* Permanent Resident

* Citizen

I humbly would like to request our fellow hubbers to ask each other whatever query they might have, and encourage one and all! Thanks... :D :D :D

Wibha
4th June 2007, 10:17 AM
bay neenga student-a employee-ya? :mrgreen:

m_23_bayarea
4th June 2007, 10:24 AM
bay neenga student-a employee-ya? :mrgreen:

Came as a student, now an employee! What abt you? :)

Wibha
4th June 2007, 10:25 AM
i'm a permanent resident :)

m_23_bayarea
4th June 2007, 10:26 AM

Good for ya! I think you're all passed the issues that this thread might have! :P

Wibha
4th June 2007, 10:27 AM

Good for ya! I think you're all passed the issues that this thread might have! :P

:lol:

Rocky_
4th June 2007, 10:28 PM
I'm a Citizen.

I love the new Immigration Reform that teh Republicans have brought in...it's one of the few things that this administrations has done correctly. 8-)

Bay, U like bush right? What do u think abt the new Immigrations laws? :D

m_23_bayarea
4th June 2007, 10:40 PM
I'm a Citizen.

I love the new Immigration Reform that teh Republicans have brought in...it's one of the few things that this administrations has done correctly. 8-)

Bay, U like bush right? What do u think abt the new Immigrations laws? :D

I'm sure you know the panel that came up with the recommendations had both Republicans and Democrats! It was a mission aimed at satisfying both sides with a MODERATE solution... And I think they acheived that! Moreover, I think from listening to both sides for a very long time abt this issue, even though the people at the extreme left or right dont like this, it still is right at the middle... So I'm up for it! :thumbsup:

Nerd
4th June 2007, 10:49 PM
Bay, these are some useful sites/forums regarding this very issue:

http://www.immigrationvoice.org
http://www.murthy.com
http://www.immihelp.com

Rocky_
4th June 2007, 10:50 PM
:thumbsup: Yeah, I've been listening to some shows on both extram sides, often cracks me up! :lol: Thank god they don't run the Govt. :P

I think the new Immigration reform will bring Immigrants which will also help the US more than the Immigrants before them. 8-)

Hopefully Indians can now loose a sterotype of being Taxi Drivers and Liquior store owners. :) And The Sterotype abt Comp Engineers, and Doctors will grow. :)

m_23_bayarea
4th June 2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks Nerd! :)

Surya, let's look at both perspectives...

Republicans

* They need to go back to Mexico, period!

* Their kids that were born and raised here should also go back, and return when they're 18 or 21, and then sponsor their families!

* They take away American citizens' jobs!

Democrats

* They all should be given amnesty or citizenship, period!

* Family concept should be encouraged!

* They work too hard and contribute to the economy that they cant be sent back!

The new Immigration Reform

* They can still work here, but they will be given a new visa for a temporary period of 6 years, and will have to get it stamped from outside the US!

* They will have to learn English!

* They will have to apply for permanent residency and go for Citizenship just like legal immigrants!

* More visas will be issued each year, so ppl dont have to cross borders!

Like you can see, it is right at the MIDDLE! It's either a win-win or a lose-lose situation... :P :P :P

Rocky_
4th June 2007, 10:59 PM
:yes: This is the best solution regarding te mexican Problem. :D Still won't solve everything, but definatly a great frist step. 8-)

m_23_bayarea
4th June 2007, 11:02 PM
But I still dont understand why they dont streamline the LEGAL Immigration as well... Every administrative department in the US is constantly being worked on and improved, but Immigration? It still takes years to work on the Green Card process... :oops:

Or even in Consulates outside of the US, we still have those lines for a simple visa stamping, even though they give APPOINTMENTS! :banghead:

Rocky_
4th June 2007, 11:18 PM
I know what u mean! :lol2: Gladly for me, i was a citizen with my parents when I was around 9. So I didn't have to go through the process..

But bay, the terror threats etc are just going to make these processes longer and longer. :cry:

buddysathi
5th June 2007, 04:05 AM
I came here for work , but I dont feel like staying here for long! My biggest fear is safety..evn though I am single , am bit scared to go out late night unless u lock urself in a car and travel!

I dont feel at home here! ppl r so scared of everything they do security checks where ever u go! Many can argue thats the reason there are no bomb blasts like wat happened in Hyderabad recently, but always there is something big gonna happen here for sure!

Its all my views and opinion! Lets go back and make our country a better nation! :-)

Wibha
5th June 2007, 05:10 AM
I came here for work , but I dont feel like staying here for long! My biggest fear is safety..evn though I am single , am bit scared to go out late night unless u lock urself in a car and travel!

I dont feel at home here! ppl r so scared of everything they do security checks where ever u go! Many can argue thats the reason there are no bomb blasts like wat happened in Hyderabad recently, but always there is something big gonna happen here for sure!

Its all my views and opinion! Lets go back and make our country a better nation! :-)

:) :clap: :clap: :exactly:

buddysathi
5th June 2007, 05:29 AM
OH! One more who feels the same way! Whenever I see this movie 'Men in Black' I can really fit our Indian faces to the aliens!

Nakeeran
5th June 2007, 07:18 AM
Digression :

Looks like Hillary is supporting expats & this seme to be her election manifesto as well !